PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons: Heard that Kawhi shopped around 7 or 8 docs

toki9
06-30-2018, 02:39 AM
Relevant quote begins at around 1:03:30 mark

https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/2018/6/29/17519586/will-l-a-get-lebron-and-kawhi

NickiRasgo
06-30-2018, 02:40 AM
He should've shopped 7 or 8 uncles as well.

Chinook
06-30-2018, 02:41 AM

https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/2018/6/29/17519586/will-l-a-get-lebron-and-kawhi

Yeah, it was pretty obvious that they got a ton of bad news before these guys. I still think this is about Leonard finding out he has a career-threatening injury and lashing out at SA for not preventing it (even though he's had it since at least college).

toki9
06-30-2018, 02:45 AM
Yeah, it was pretty obvious that they got a ton of bad news before these guys. I still think this is about Leonard finding out he has a career-threatening injury and lashing out at SA for not preventing it (even though he's had it since at least college).

That'd definitely explain his seemingly disproportionate and displaced anger. I would guess that the Spurs doc was right all along and the reason why Kawhi's camp has remained so secretive is because they can't exactly argue it.

Kori Ellis
06-30-2018, 02:48 AM

They are saying that he shopped docs until he found one that would say he needed shut down (that the all the docs prior were saying he was fine).

-21-
06-30-2018, 02:50 AM
They are saying that he shopped docs until he found one that would say he needed shut down (that the all the docs prior were saying he was fine).

Ugh

Chinook
06-30-2018, 02:52 AM
That'd definitely explain his seemingly disproportionate and displaced anger. I would guess that the Spurs doc was right all along and the reason why Kawhi's camp has remained so secretive is because they can't exactly argue it.

Yeah, like SA told him that the pain was just going to be a thing from now on. He (not his team, mind you) balked and went looking for new doctors. Eventually they found some that said it was a regular injury that wasn't caught in the past and that he could rehab it. Then seven or so months later, he found out the other docs couldn't fix it but for some reason still believes in their diagnosis of it being an injury the Spurs didn't catch rather than something wrong with his body. So he's blaming the Spurs for ruining his career. I can understand his view a bit, especially if he's surrounded himself with folks like his uncle who don't have his best interests in mind. Leonard's personality doesn't seem like one that could handle news of his careers premature mortality very well at all.

Chinook
06-30-2018, 02:55 AM

I heard Simmons say that. But I don't think he's correct that. That famous ESPN article mentioned that SA did think he had legit knee issues that might be chronic. Rather than getting clean bills of health, I think both SA's docs and the second opinions agreed that Kawhi's knee was not "injured" but rather damaged. Players get cleared with chronic injuries all the time.

Of course, maybe you're speaking from a place or more information than I am.

toki9
06-30-2018, 02:56 AM
Yeah, like SA told him that the pain was just going to be a thing from now on. He (not his team, mind you) balked and went looking for new doctors. Eventually they found some that said it was a regular injury that wasn't caught in the past and that he could rehab it. Then seven or so months later, he found out the other docs couldn't fix it but for some reason still believes in their diagnosis of it being an injury the Spurs didn't catch rather than something wrong with his body. So he's blaming the Spurs for ruining his career. I can understand his view a bit, especially if he's surrounded himself with folks like his uncle who don't have his best interests in mind. Leonard's personality doesn't seem like one that could handle news of his careers premature mortality very well at all.

I imagine when an athlete hears the word "degenerative" in association with an injury, that might be quite scary and emotionally difficult to take...

PublicOption
06-30-2018, 02:58 AM
Well he is 100% now...so his uncle says. So who the fuck cares now?

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-30-2018, 03:14 AM

I doubt he'd be so gullible, or if he actually is then there must be people advising him who wouldn't be.

If it's true he has a degenerative condition then they all must realize now is the time to get the most money they can, which is why they wouldn't be OK with letting him play next season and re-qualify for the DPE. It's all about the money. He may or may not be near as good as he has been but they're not sure. Duncan has played on one leg for most of his career and did OK, Roy on the other hand was totally damaged. The most important thing is where in this spectrum would Kawhi and his quad fall. Apparently Spurs aren't sure, thus not offering the supermax.

BatManu20
06-30-2018, 03:17 AM
Shopped around ‘til end found one who told him what he wanted to hear.

alpha_HaZE
06-30-2018, 03:23 AM

Good point! He probably blamed them for him not playing up to his standards in those nine games this season.

spursistan
06-30-2018, 03:29 AM
I don't think he's totally faking it, but more alarmingly, this quad issue might have mindfucked him beyond return.

There is a reason that, by all accounts, there has never been a Supermax offer yet for him to refuse.

The Spurs can no longer trust this guy. He will have to re-qualify for it or he will be traded between now and the start of the season.

alpha_HaZE
06-30-2018, 03:32 AM
On the other side, if Kawhi's injury is legit, then I don't see the Spurs giving him SuperMax money.

spursistan
06-30-2018, 03:43 AM
If they know his health prospects are grim and that his best days are behind him, then this all makes sense from Uncle D perspective: it is all about the money for them..

Either the Supermax or a trade to the biggest market where he can maximize their financial return before his only client goes Danny Granger's way.

Lostwingman
06-30-2018, 03:48 AM
On the other side, if Kawhi's injury is legit, then I don't see the Spurs giving him SuperMax money.

So he's either injured in the psyche or injured in the quad.

Wonderful, let's ship him off for someone useful. Perhaps someone who can play a whole season?

MoSpur02
06-30-2018, 03:50 AM
If true, which it very well could be, then it makes sense that the Spurs don't wanna offer him the supermax until they get the info from his doctor

Chinook
06-30-2018, 03:50 AM

Also, Kori, someone from RealGM has apparently been trying to get approved here with the name HoFDG14. I know very little about the person, but they asked me to reach out to you to see if they can join the flock.

picnroll
06-30-2018, 04:27 AM
Wonder if all those images of Leonard limping up the plane steps were just posturing, part of a well rehearsed play. He goes from fine, recovering from an ankle sprain to an invalid over the summer.

Twisted_Dawg
06-30-2018, 04:28 AM
I wonder who the source was for the Simmons piece? This seemingly raises more flags and further depresses his trade value. Certainly it wouldn't have been the Spurs, and I doubt Uncle Dennis would be that stupid? With all the HIPAA laws, doubtful 7-8 different doctors would divulge anything. Perhaps Boston was behind this trying to stop any trade to Philly to unite with Bron?

Uriel
06-30-2018, 04:51 AM
Well, this certainly lends credence to the conspiracy theory that Kawhi used his injury as a fake excuse to get out of San Antonio.

Maddog
06-30-2018, 05:45 AM
I think this makes a bit more sense if true. The Spurs have always been extremely cautious with injuries. They also have never said anything negative about a player either from the PATFO to the players until some comments this spring that I at the time thought was more frustration about a wasted season.

Spurtacular
06-30-2018, 05:58 AM

That Harboolis Voulgaris is a cuck. Sports media are so bad anymore.

boutons_deux
06-30-2018, 06:18 AM
Well, this certainly lends credence to the conspiracy theory that Kawhi used his injury as a fake excuse to get out of San Antonio.

no, it doesn't.

JPB
06-30-2018, 06:57 AM
When the smoke will totally dissipate, Kawhi and the group will appear as the villains (that most have already identified as such) in this bad farce.

That's the problem with liars (to others and themselves). At some point, you lose yourself in your own BS and contradictions, specially when you start to panick.

Sitting a whole year already din't make wonders for his cred, but now one day it's teammates comments, another day Kawhito isn't happy-happy in SA, and now dude is a doc whore...

I'm done with blaming the guy. He clearly has personal issues mixed with absent father in childhood, then shot.

Kawhuncle is clearly filling a void there.

SA should turn the page and focuse on their biz and guys who want to sport the silver and black. This story has already fucked up one season and taken way more much place than it should have.

This should be all about next roster and hype... how this year rooks are future HOFers and Milutinov the future Sabonis but it's all about comments about tweets, rumors, sauces...

Fuck the group.

FlAVaK
06-30-2018, 07:03 AM
When the smoke will totally dissipate, Kawhi and the group will appear as the villains (that most have already identified as such) in this bad farce.

That's the problem with liars (to others and themselves). At some point, you lose yourself in your own BS and contradictions, specially when you start to panick.

Sitting a whole year already din't make wonders for his cred, but now one day it's teammates comments, another day Kawhito isn't happy-happy in SA, and now dude is a doc whore...

I'm done with blaming the guy. He clearly has personal issues mixed with absent father in childhood, then shot.

Kawhuncle is clearly filling a void there.

SA should turn the page and focuse on their biz and guys who want to sport the silver and black. This story has already fucked up one season and taken way more much place than it should have.

This should be all about next roster and hype... how this year rooks are future HOFers and Milutinov the future Sabonis but it's all about comments about tweets, rumors, sauces...

Fuck the group.

Agree with a lot here.

But question the first paragraph. Will the media really make him the villian or will they make him the hero?

And will the Spurs leak some dirt (obviously can't do now, because it would lower his value) or will they stay classy...

callo1
06-30-2018, 07:31 AM
Kawhi had quad problems his rookie year I believe.

I blame Kawhi 100% for his poor handling of the situation. He and his camp were so nebulous when it came to progression during rehab. At one point Pop tried to let the team and media know that they had to move forward as if he would not be available, then shortly after, Kawhi's camp dangled the carrot of him possibly being ready for the playoff run. Promises came and went.

At some point the team needed to figure out if Kawhi had any real intention of rejoining the team, so they called a team meeting. If Kawhi can't be a man a take those comments by Parker and use them for motivation, then by all means, let him hit the pavement.

I still feel like this was completely overplayed by Kawhi's camp to use as an excuse to force a trade.

I for one wanted to hear it come out if Kawhi's mouth, but evidently that ship has passed.

Quit blaming Uncle Dennis, Kawhi is a grown man. Any power he gives his uncle is on him personally. He can't hide behind his sister, uncle, or medial team forever.

Had Kawhi acted like a man and told the Spurs organization that he wanted out if SA to go play in his home town, I think there would be logical understanding, and some modicum of respect would have remained intact, but as it is, he let it come to this.

I have no doubt that as time passes, more will come to light placing responsibility on Kawhi.

Tony Parker hurt my feelings. ..waaah-waaah. Give me a break.Trade in the tic-tacs for something a bit larger Kawhi.

Ironically, I was cleaning out my classroom before I shut it down for the summer break, and I came across a San Antonio Express article about TD leaving 53 million on the table for the betterment of the team.

TD spoiled us.

Look on the bright side, we are playing with house money turning over a 29th pick for talent or picks in excess of the original pick.

Going to doctors until they tell you what you want to hear...brilliant plan.

Adios Kawhi

venitian navigator
06-30-2018, 07:42 AM
...at some point nba must indeed find a way to eliminate behaviors detrimental to the little market teams...no fraud can be allowed.
In this case imho there should be a rule that, when a player is declared able to play by his team and the game after doesn't play declaring health issues, an indipendent doctor should be sent to care of the diagnosis...and in case that is the same of the team, the player should be given the choice to came back to play or otherwise be fined with years of suspension after the expiring of his contract...

offset formation
06-30-2018, 08:16 AM
I wonder who the source was for the Simmons piece? This seemingly raises more flags and further depresses his trade value. Certainly it wouldn't have been the Spurs, and I doubt Uncle Dennis would be that stupid? With all the HIPAA laws, doubtful 7-8 different doctors would divulge anything. Perhaps Boston was behind this trying to stop any trade to Philly to unite with Bron?

Yep. This is absolutely Ainge and the Celtics trying to put the kabosh on Kawhi going East. It's well known Simmons is a Celtic homer. If they can create enough doubt about his health and lower his value, I think they know that PATFO will probably just hold onto him or take a deal from Magic.

They know Pop is likely to work out a deal with Philly given his relationship with Brown. And the one place you don't want Kawhi is in Philly, if you're Boston.

tholdren
06-30-2018, 08:20 AM

Interesting. Ive been saying hes fine since december. Funny that spurstalk has a cant trust has to trust media complex when convenient.

BSfromTX
06-30-2018, 08:24 AM
Yep. This is absolutely Ainge and the Celtics trying to put the kabosh on Kawhi going East. It's well known Simmons is a Celtic homer. If they can create enough doubt about his health and lower his value, I think they know that PATFO will probably just hold onto him or take a deal from Magic.

They know Pop is likely to work out a deal with Philly given his relationship with Brown. And the one place you don't want Kawhi is in Philly, if you're Boston.

Not to mention Kawhi would be more about getting as much money as possible right? He would be more amenable to spurs offers and shoe endorsements wouldnt he?

offset formation
06-30-2018, 08:28 AM

I blame Kawhi 100% for his poor handling of the situation. He and his camp were so nebulous when it came to progression during rehab. At one point Pop tried to let the team and media know that they had to move forward as if he would not be available, then shortly after, Kawhi's camp dangled the carrot of him possibly being ready for the playoff run. Promises came and went.

At some point the team needed to figure out if Kawhi had any real intention of rejoining the team, so they called a team meeting. If Kawhi can't be a man a take those comments by Parker and use them for motivation, then by all means, let him hit the pavement.

I still feel like this was completely overplayed by Kawhi's camp to use as an excuse to force a trade.

I for one wanted to hear it come out if Kawhi's mouth, but evidently that ship has passed.

Quit blaming Uncle Dennis, Kawhi is a grown man. Any power he gives his uncle is on him personally. He can't hide behind his sister, uncle, or medial team forever.

Had Kawhi acted like a man and told the Spurs organization that he wanted out if SA to go play in his home town, I think there would be logical understanding, and some modicum of respect would have remained intact, but as it is, he let it come to this.

I have no doubt that as time passes, more will come to light placing responsibility on Kawhi.

Tony Parker hurt my feelings. ..waaah-waaah. Give me a break.Trade in the tic-tacs for something a bit larger Kawhi.

Ironically, I was cleaning out my classroom before I shut it down for the summer break, and I came across a San Antonio Express article about TD leaving 53 million on the table for the betterment of the team.

TD spoiled us.

Look on the bright side, we are playing with house money turning over a 29th pick for talent or picks in excess of the original pick.

Adios Kawhi

TD did spoil us beyond anything we could have comprehended. Pop has basically always said we would know how special he was after he was gone.

And yes, that 29th pick helped get a ring, now let's see what else we can turn it into. I'd already say we turned a less than stellar season, with Kawhi's intransigence, into essentially a lottery pick of Walker. I think he will be a stud. Let's hope he doesn't turn into the next selfish, antisocial Spur, but more along the line of the All-Spur TD.

cjw
06-30-2018, 08:29 AM
Agree with a lot here.

But question the first paragraph. Will the media really make him the villian or will they make him the hero?

And will the Spurs leak some dirt (obviously can't do now, because it would lower his value) or will they stay classy...

By staying classy and silent, they leak all the dirt as his group keeps digging and digging.

This could be as extreme as the Spurs telling the group that not only will no supermax be offered but any contract would have injury protections. If he balked at that, and the Spurs have serious reservations about him clogging the cap, then you get him onto the Lakers ASAP. Or even more wishful thinking, you offer him the supermax and then find a way to get him to the Lakers next summer (risky if this “injury” turns out to spiral). Then they’re with damaged goods for 5 years at $40+ annually.

Or it’s all BS and he’s trying to damage the reputation of the best organization in sports.

On doctor shopping, I recently had to go to an orthopedist with a lingering knee issue. Doctor knew immediately what was wrong and was super professional about it, and working on plan of action. But you go online and read reviews of the same doctor? A bunch of people complaining about not being diagnosed with something. I was left scratching my head until I realized the waiting room was filled with people looking to get workman’s comp. Or worse, trying to score painkillers. Many of them would get shut down by doctors.

ginobilized
06-30-2018, 08:38 AM
This is like a soap opera. It will only get richer in that regard as details emerge.

Spurs are not perfect. I accept that. You cannot force a superstar player to play in today's NBA, however. Ultimately, I believe that Pop is very smart regarding people and strategy. He saw this coming and acted as the last ditch stop gap in referring to Kawhi's "group."
I bet he'd do it a bit differently if he had it all to do over. Tough situation to read and handle, especially as his wife was dying.

The injury is a huge issue that will be explained when Kawhi finally plays. As a Spurs homer, I feel for Kawhi a bit.
It's such a misguided move on his part and handled more poorly than any I can recall.

If I know anything about PATFO, the will be thinking long-term. They are not looking at the short game.

7-8 docs, huh. I'm wondering if he might need to be seeking 7-8 lawyers if the Spurs cry fraud?
Either way, Kawhi is a grown ass man. It remains to be seen if he can wipe his own ass without numerous docs and his uncle.

BillMc
06-30-2018, 08:42 AM

If that were the case wouldn't he be clamoring to sign the SuperMax ASAP? Of course, maybe that's the reason Spurs won't offer and the reality has KL in a very dark place.

If true, let's trade him to the Lakers as fast as possible. :lol

BackHome
06-30-2018, 08:43 AM
The doctor that was treating K-Y is the Phillys team doctor so you know if they are trying to get Kawhi he is good to go.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-30-2018, 08:47 AM
if i had tens of millions on the line i’d see 50 doctors

lmbebo
06-30-2018, 08:50 AM
By staying classy and silent, they leak all the dirt as his group keeps digging and digging.

This could be as extreme as the Spurs telling the group that not only will no supermax be offered but any contract would have injury protections. If he balked at that, and the Spurs have serious reservations about him clogging the cap, then you get him onto the Lakers ASAP. Or even more wishful thinking, you offer him the supermax and then find a way to get him to the Lakers next summer (risky if this “injury” turns out to spiral). Then they’re with damaged goods for 5 years at $40+ annually.

Or it’s all BS and he’s trying to damage the reputation of the best organization in sports.

On doctor shopping, I recently had to go to an orthopedist with a lingering knee issue. Doctor knew immediately what was wrong and was super professional about it, and working on plan of action. But you go online and read reviews of the same doctor? A bunch of people complaining about not being diagnosed with something. I was left scratching my head until I realized the waiting room was filled with people looking to get workman’s comp. Or worse, trying to score painkillers. Many of them would get shut down by doctors.

Doctor shopping happens : 1 - don't connect with your doctor (bad doctors also do exist) or 2 - which is much more common, person doesn't like what they are hearing and look around until they find someone who will tell them what they want to hear or get what they want (pain meds).

dbreiden83080
06-30-2018, 08:51 AM

How do you prevent a guy from having pain in a quad? How do you prevent pain in an ankle, or from having a bad back? You go up and down the court playing maybe 100 games a year in the NBA if you got far in the playoffs. And the Spurs are more conservative, play you less minutes than most..

Mugen
06-30-2018, 09:17 AM
Get this faggot off the team asap tbh.

Mr. Body
06-30-2018, 09:30 AM
This it's like the Ball family dropping news about his injury to control his outcome.

baseline bum
06-30-2018, 09:35 AM
Get this faggot off the team asap tbh.

No, get this faggot off the team in a few weeks when the Spurs have more leverage.

Mugen
06-30-2018, 09:38 AM
No, get this faggot off the team in a few weeks when the Spurs have more leverage.

Pop will probably take the high road but I hope him and RC roast this motherfucker as soon as he's gone and detail every bullshit thing he's done the last year. Maybe not directly in a press conference or a Dan Gilbert style memo but leak that shit through Woj.

Dude ended up being a bigger faggot than Vince Carter quitting on the Raptors.

hater
06-30-2018, 10:00 AM
Once you go for your 4th doctor its not anphysical issue but mental

Mute Cancer is a mentally unstable individual

He will never win anything ever again. Trade him ASAP and get rid of this Mute Cancer

baseline bum
06-30-2018, 10:05 AM
Once you go for your 4th doctor its not anphysical issue but mental

Mute Cancer is a mentally unstable individual

He will never win anything ever again. Trade him ASAP and get rid of this Mute Cancer

Even if he's completely done you don't trade him ASAP just because you'd win the trade if you get a warm body back. You still trade him when you have more leverage.

ducks
06-30-2018, 10:15 AM
If this is true why not insist he stay with the spurs sign a max deal then quietly want out
When pop retires. His uncle is stupid.You have to think he would want a long secure deal.

jbspurs
06-30-2018, 10:18 AM
Shopped around ‘til end found one who told him what he wanted to hear.

So, He can have a legit reason not to play last season.

JuneJive
06-30-2018, 10:20 AM
Why not take ~180M, for example, and be done with it?

HarlemHeat37
06-30-2018, 10:24 AM
:lol everybody already knew this..

You'll always eventually find one to go along with your story, I've done it many times for insurance fraud..

TVI
06-30-2018, 10:25 AM
If this is true why not insist he stay with the spurs sign a max deal then quietly want out
When pop retires. His uncle is stupid.You have to think he would want a long secure deal.
He needed cover for why he didn't play last year, and Uncle F*ckface is telling him he can get a major shoe contact in LA.

BSfromTX
06-30-2018, 10:26 AM

TD spoiled us.

Adios Kawhi

best post I’ve ever read in this forun

coachmac87
06-30-2018, 10:31 AM
Again...what the fuck is the injury???

That’s the thing Kawhi slurpers can’t answer..just please try to bring reason and logic on how this all makes sense...

It’s obvious now PATFO and players saw right through the BS and tried to be “cool” through the media and totally disrespect the guy...but it’s hard once you realize that faggot clearly was sabotaging the season and credibility because he wants to have fun and go back home.

FkLA
06-30-2018, 10:45 AM
There's always an unethical POS out there that will say whatever an athlete wants them to say. That's why I've stated that if the Spurs keep him around, there's always the chance he could just fake another injury and avoid legal trouble despite him being "back to 100 percent" atm.

Keepin' it real
06-30-2018, 10:48 AM
If that were the case wouldn't he be clamoring to sign the SuperMax ASAP? Of course, maybe that's the reason Spurs won't offer and the reality has KL in a very dark place.

Dark place??? He's in the final year of a $90 million max contract!!! He got paid $19M this year to sit on his ass.

Dark place ... the fuck???

Keepin' it real
06-30-2018, 10:49 AM
best post I’ve ever read in this forun

You need to read my stuff tbh

tmtcsc
06-30-2018, 10:51 AM

Fortunately the one doctor they found to go against the Spurs' judgment was the Sixers' doctor. See how that works.

Mugen
06-30-2018, 10:54 AM
:lol Of course the Sixers doctor would tell him to shut it down for the season

BillMc
06-30-2018, 11:35 AM
Dark place??? He's in the final year of a $90 million max contract!!! He got paid $19M this year to sit on his ass.

Dark place ... the fuck???

Potentially in a dark place if his career were in jeopardy.

hater
06-30-2018, 11:59 AM
:lol everybody already knew this..

You'll always eventually find one to go along with your story, I've done it many times for insurance fraud..

:lol

BSfromTX
06-30-2018, 12:02 PM
If he had a career altering injury, that means Spurs are keeping quiet about it and helping him out... true they stand to benefit from a higher value, but it just seems a bit fishy

i think something would have been leaked by now if he had a significant injury.

TVI
06-30-2018, 12:05 PM

So much this...

I'd only add that PATFO are historically super conservative concerning players' health. The Kawhi apologists and Lakers' trolls on this site are out of their mind trying to spin this as some kind of screw up on their part. They trust the team doctors because the team doctors have earned that trust. Kawhi's group shopped all around until they found someone who would give him an excuse to sit out, and give them cover to lay blame on the Spurs, trying to hide the fact that they wanted out all along once they found out that the shoe deal was never going to be monstrous as long as he kept playing in a small market like San Antonio.

Uncle Dennis is twisting the knobs and Kawhi is complicit at best, and duplicitous at worst.

Adios Kawhi. Thanks for the 'ship, but you owe your career to the Spurs. They did everything they could to make you into the player you became. Your offensive game was shit when you came into the league. The Spurs did a lot for your ungrateful ass. They gave you all the time in the world to find your game while Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili carried the team.

phxspurfan
06-30-2018, 12:32 PM
That makes this injury sound much worse.

phxspurfan
06-30-2018, 12:33 PM
let's trade him to the Lakers as fast as possible. :lol

Too late, the entire intranets knows now

phxspurfan
06-30-2018, 12:35 PM
Pop will probably take the high road but I hope him and RC roast this motherfucker as soon as he's gone and detail every bullshit thing he's done the last year. Maybe not directly in a press conference or a Dan Gilbert style memo but leak that shit through Woj.

Dude ended up being a bigger faggot than Vince Carter quitting on the Raptors.

VC fulfilled his contract and legit left in free agency IIRC. This is much worse since he quit with 2 years left and the team needing him

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2018, 12:39 PM
This only confirms that it was a ruse all along.

BD24
06-30-2018, 12:42 PM
VC fulfilled his contract and legit left in free agency IIRC. This is much worse since he quit with 2 years left and the team needing him
They traded VC to the Nets midway through the season actually because it got so toxic.

tholdren
06-30-2018, 12:49 PM
Again...what the fuck is the injury???

That’s the thing Kawhi slurpers can’t answer..just please try to bring reason and logic on how this all makes sense...

It’s obvious now PATFO and players saw right through the BS and tried to be “cool” through the media and totally disrespect the guy...but it’s hard once you realize that faggot clearly was sabotaging the season and credibility because he wants to have fun and go back home.

Thats the point. There is no imjury. Ive said this since dec

SnakeBoy
06-30-2018, 12:52 PM
Another thing that makes me believe my theory is correct. Kawhi messed himself up juicing. What else explains the personality change, mystery tendon injury, and doctor shopping.

SnakeBoy
06-30-2018, 12:54 PM
How Steroids Use Affects Tendons
https://www.whatsteroids.com/steroids/steroids-use-affects-tendons/

RD2191
06-30-2018, 12:54 PM
Another thing that makes me believe my theory is correct. Kawhi messed himself up juicing. What else explains the personality change, mystery tendon injury, and doctor shopping.

spurs10
06-30-2018, 01:35 PM
They are saying that he shopped docs until he found one that would say he needed shut down (that the all the docs prior were saying he was fine). That's how I understood it, which makes me wonder if the Spurs have a civil case against him. It sounds like fraud to me. I suppose Pop and R.C. would take the high road, but there is nothing wrong with not allowing people to rip you off. Definitely should go to Silver with this, but do it after you trade him.

picnroll
06-30-2018, 01:41 PM
That's how I understood it, which makes me wonder if the Spurs have a civil case against him. It sounds like fraud to me. I suppose Pop and R.C. would take the high road, but there is nothing wrong with not allowing people to rip you off. Definitely should go to Silver with this, but do it after you trade him.
Doesn’t matter what road Pop and RC want to take. That’s Holt and the ownership group that are footing the bill. Stick it to Leonard and uncle Dennis.

Brazil
06-30-2018, 02:07 PM
Kawhi is the biggest nba faggot of all time tbh... worst than fisher

spursistan
06-30-2018, 02:10 PM
Kawhi is the biggest nba faggot of all time tbh... worst than fisher

RD2191
06-30-2018, 02:22 PM
Porker is the biggest nba faggot of all time tbh... worst than fisher

Agreed

Brazil
06-30-2018, 02:33 PM
Agreed

Bro, I know you are a kawhi fan and it hurts but you need to realize kawhi made us dirty and is a huge faggot...

dbestpro
06-30-2018, 02:37 PM
If Kawhi is correct then he's Brandon Roy 2.0 or Derrick Rose 2.0.

dabom
06-30-2018, 02:38 PM
Bro, I know you are a kawhi fan and it hurts but you need to realize kawhi made us dirty and is a huge faggot...

Brah Porker has been a POS his whole life...

RD2191
06-30-2018, 02:40 PM

I'm in denial :depressed

spurs10
06-30-2018, 02:41 PM
Doesn’t matter what road Pop and RC want to take. That’s Holt and the ownership group that are footing the bill. Stick it to Leonard and uncle Dennis. Yep!:ihit

Budkin
06-30-2018, 03:28 PM
I'm in denial :depressed

I'm with you bro. I'm still holding out hope somehow...

duncan2k5
06-30-2018, 03:29 PM
Ppl keep saying the Spurs are conservative with injuries, but leaving out the fact that they are unreasonably loyal to Manu and Tony... So this clashed with them being conservative with Kawhi because they wanted to give the old guys one last hoorah.. M why do u think the only ppl lashing out publicly at Kawhi were Pop, Manu, and Parker?

Also, Kawhi isn't faking it... Doctors on the level of the one he has won't risk their career to make a high profile lie with the world watching AND spurs doctors working alongside them (spurs doctors who eventually agreed with the diagnosis because better doctors told them about the issue)

ducks
06-30-2018, 03:48 PM
Why did he go to several doctors

spurs10
06-30-2018, 03:56 PM
Why did he go to several doctors To find d one to agree he could sit out the season. Probably needed a signature.

SnakeBoy
06-30-2018, 04:14 PM
Why did he go to several doctors

A lot of steroid users doctor shop to get prescriptions

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6wrfigDJCVqokBzi/giphy.gif

KimmyGib
06-30-2018, 04:19 PM
Ppl keep saying the Spurs are conservative with injuries, but leaving out the fact that they are unreasonably loyal to Manu and Tony... So this clashed with them being conservative with Kawhi because they wanted to give the old guys one last hoorah.. M why do u think the only ppl lashing out publicly at Kawhi were Pop, Manu, and Parker?

Kawhi rested/rehabbed for most of the first half of the season, and then for the entire second half of the season after being medically cleared to play. I don't recall the part where the Spurs made him play in order to "give the old guys one last hoorah."

toki9
06-30-2018, 05:01 PM
(spurs doctors who eventually agreed with the diagnosis because better doctors told them about the issue)

When did this happen?

cjw
06-30-2018, 05:06 PM
When did this happen?

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story!

toki9
06-30-2018, 05:10 PM
Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story!

It's one thing to speculate, but just making stuff up in order to make an argument is a little much, isn't it?

SAGirl
06-30-2018, 05:18 PM
Have thought that all along as well... Or some variation.

tonight...you
06-30-2018, 05:18 PM
You should consider juicing homie. Looks good for the ladies...
Lord knows, you need some help, lol.

tonight...you
06-30-2018, 05:20 PM
Have thought that all along as well... Or some variation.
Insane situation... I'm at a loss for words, really.
I'm just hoping for the best in this situation. And trying to get RD2191 to start taking steroids...
Lord knows - he needs it.

RD2191
06-30-2018, 05:25 PM
Insane situation... I'm at a loss for words, really.
I'm just hoping for the best in this situation. And trying to get RD2191 to start taking steroids...
Lord knows - he needs it.

:wakeup

tonight...you
06-30-2018, 05:40 PM
:wakeup
I'm glad you're considering it. Doctor's are on the way... only 4 monthly payments of $199.99 and you gots you an RX!
But wait!
There's more!

Act now and you can get a Juarez RX for less half the price! That's right! I said less than half the price!
Call now and you can get a 2nd, supplemental (trust me, you need it) RX for 4 easy add-on payments of $99.98!
That's right! Take 2X the supplements at once without stuffy doctors trying to "keep you safe"!
Eff that! Do you think Hulk Hogan played it safe? He's a multi-millionaire!
You think Sylvester Stallone played it safe? ADRIAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!

Here it is folks. You wanna make millions, have power and the sex of your choice (we're not judging) at your command?

Get out from sipping hot drinks behind your keyboard, looking like Pac Man!
What Is Best In Life?!

SAGirl
06-30-2018, 05:59 PM

How Steroids Use Affects Tendons
https://www.whatsteroids.com/steroids/steroids-use-affects-tendons/
Definitely a possibility. I don't want to speculate on things I don't know, but it's possible.

MannyIsGod
06-30-2018, 06:02 PM

Also, Kawhi isn't faking it... Doctors on the level of the one he has won't risk their career to make a high profile lie with the world watching AND spurs doctors working alongside them (spurs doctors who eventually agreed with the diagnosis because better doctors told them about the issue)

Can we trade this fucker along with Kawhi?

objective
06-30-2018, 06:17 PM

There's no risk to any doctors career to give the patient what he wants: rest and physical therapy

The diagnosis isn't a big deal, it's the treatment

"Doc, I want to take a few months off, maybe foam roll, a little graston, maybe some good stretches. Would that hurt?

"Uh, nooo ...."

"Thank God! I'm out!"

Funny how they never said what special things Kawhi had to do in his rehab that he HAD to go to New York. It was just typical shit that could have been handled anywhere. The Spurs, desperate to salvage the relationship, covered for his quitting ass and pretended that it was all with good with them.

BSfromTX
06-30-2018, 06:47 PM

im pretty sure your on uncle Denny’s payroll. I mean any reasonable minded human being wouldt be able to defend kawhi to these lengths. One thing your good at is trying to push narratives as if they’re facts. I’m not trying to be an ass. I will not personally insult you like some in here, but dude, you have to acknowledge the faults on kawhis part. Spurs don’t all of the sudden screw up this bad after their 20 yr track record. They’re not without fault, but they’ve been more straight up than kawhi

tholdren
06-30-2018, 06:58 PM
Lol fat spurstalk thinking everyone who can see their toes on peds or steroids. Get a gym membership

RD2191
06-30-2018, 07:18 PM
I'm glad you're considering it. Doctor's are on the way... only 4 monthly payments of $199.99 and you gots you an RX!
But wait!
There's more!

Act now and you can get a Juarez RX for less half the price! That's right! I said less than half the price!
Call now and you can get a 2nd, supplemental (trust me, you need it) RX for 4 easy add-on payments of $99.98!
That's right! Take 2X the supplements at once without stuffy doctors trying to "keep you safe"!
Eff that! Do you think Hulk Hogan played it safe? He's a multi-millionaire!
You think Sylvester Stallone played it safe? ADRIAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!

Here it is folks. You wanna make millions, have power and the sex of your choice (we're not judging) at your command?

Get out from sipping hot drinks behind your keyboard, looking like Pac Man!
What Is Best In Life?!

https://media.giphy.com/media/11JliVf7HERhJu/giphy.gif

MannyIsGod
06-30-2018, 07:29 PM
There's no risk to any doctors career to give the patient what he wants: rest and physical therapy

The diagnosis isn't a big deal, it's the treatment

"Doc, I want to take a few months off, maybe foam roll, a little graston, maybe some good stretches. Would that hurt?

"Uh, nooo ...."

"Thank God! I'm out!"

Funny how they never said what special things Kawhi had to do in his rehab that he HAD to go to New York. It was just typical shit that could have been handled anywhere. The Spurs, desperate to salvage the relationship, covered for his quitting ass and pretended that it was all with good with them.

I don't think this is going to hurt the Spurs reputation at all thorughout the NBA. As you said, the Spurs handled it well and I think everyone in the league will know that. Theyll see Kawhi for the quiting bitch he is. I hope anyway.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-30-2018, 08:27 PM
Can we trade this fucker along with Kawhi?

:tu

tonight...you
06-30-2018, 08:37 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/11JliVf7HERhJu/giphy.gif
This gif is indicative of how you feel around a girl? That girl in the skirt has no idea how awkward how you feel?
I rest my case.

weebo
06-30-2018, 08:44 PM

Sshhhhhhiiiit brah..you can't be this stupid :lol

Lostwingman
06-30-2018, 10:09 PM
because they wanted to give the old guys one last hoorah

What's the maximum amount of allowable braincells for this take? 3?

south side spur
07-01-2018, 12:01 AM
Sshhhhhhiiiit brah..you can't be this stupid :lol

All these Kawhite knights were constantly complaining about Pop restricting Leonard’s minutes so his statistics suffered. Now they’re complaining the Spurs weren’t conservative enough with his “injury” management.