PDA

View Full Version : Mills: I don't know what we could have done better.

SAGirl
06-30-2018, 07:34 PM
FWIW
https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nba/patty-mills-on-kawhi-leonard-i-dont-know-what-we-couldve-done-better/news-story/9ed243e0a884da9cd00e32526f466000

“Getting to this point now, you look back; I don’t know what we could’ve done better,” Mills told foxsports.com.au, of Leonard’s situation.
“Don’t know what we could’ve done to help the situation, if it would’ve helped at all. This is basketball and, at the end of the day, it’s a reminder that it is a business, and a lot of money is involved with it.”

ducks
06-30-2018, 07:35 PM
yeah the spur players were in the cold and did not know what was going on with leonard except what was public
leonard should have been the man and texted them or called them

200 miles
06-30-2018, 07:36 PM
Oh my dear Patty: FTLOGSTFU

ducks
06-30-2018, 07:38 PM
his uncle thought bigger market bigger endorsements

alpha_HaZE
06-30-2018, 07:43 PM
I still think this Kawhi drama predates the Zaza injury.

dbestpro
06-30-2018, 07:47 PM
Mills: "I don't know what we could have done better."................How about make your open shots.

offset formation
06-30-2018, 07:48 PM
yeah the spur players were in the cold and did not know what was going on with leonard except what was public
leonard should have been the man and texted them or called them

Yep, which is all you need to know really about this whole fucking Kawhrisis.

PublicOption
06-30-2018, 07:57 PM
Kawhi saying TP was the last straw....what a fucking baby.

toki9
06-30-2018, 08:04 PM
One extremely small silverlining to how all this has played out is that there will be very little (if any) fanbase anger towards PATFO for "losing" their franchise player--which is kind of remarkable given how many fanbases behave...

99 Problems
06-30-2018, 08:19 PM
Little Maestro already moved on and preparing to tho up oops to Lonnie and Zaire Smith.

FkLA
06-30-2018, 08:22 PM
I want a player to call him out for being a bitch. Do it, LMAlpha.

ducks
06-30-2018, 08:24 PM

rose said he wanted out in jan way before tp went public by doing what pop said

MannyIsGod
06-30-2018, 08:25 PM
Mills: "I don't know what we could have done better."................How about make your open shots.

Yeah because that's what was going to keep Kawhi here. Ya'll are fucking ridiculous.

Slippy
06-30-2018, 08:28 PM
One extremely small silverlining to how all this has played out is that there will be very little (if any) fanbase anger towards PATFO for "losing" their franchise player--which is kind of remarkable given how many fanbases behave...

Very true. Remember when Drob got lowballed on his last contract. There was an uproar against the FO on forums & in san Antonio. Hell i was one of them. Kawhi has been totally opposite . Hes managed to alienate most of his fanbase & the spurs are winning the PR battle on losing Kawhi.

look_at_g_shred
06-30-2018, 08:30 PM
Bowen did that for us already

KimmyGib
06-30-2018, 08:31 PM
In before it becomes patty's fault for pushing Leonard away

lmbebo
06-30-2018, 08:32 PM

Current players wont, some former players have : I think Pippen has, Bowen. DRob to an extent (diplomatically).

FkLA
06-30-2018, 08:37 PM

I want someone that was in that locker room to do it. Say he didn't communicate, didn't rehab/sit on the bench with the team like everyone else, basically quit on and abandoned the team.

objective
06-30-2018, 08:50 PM

It's true

ducks
06-30-2018, 08:51 PM
It's true

Yeah those 9 games Leonard was on the court

baseline bum
06-30-2018, 08:55 PM

MVParker already did

toki9
06-30-2018, 08:58 PM
Very true. Remember when Drob got lowballed on his last contract. There was an uproar against the FO on forums & in san Antonio. Hell i was one of them. Kawhi has been totally opposite . Hes managed to alienate most of his fanbase & the spurs are winning the PR battle on losing Kawhi.

What's amazing is that it's really difficult for a franchise player to alienate the fans, as can be seen still from some of the posts on this board. Yet, Kawhi and his group have managed to totally alienate most (it seems like) of the Spurs fans in less than a year. It's perversely impressive.

tholdren
06-30-2018, 09:16 PM
What's amazing is that it's really difficult for a franchise player to alienate the fans, as can be seen still from some of the posts on this board. Yet, Kawhi and his group have managed to totally alienate most (it seems like) of the Spurs fans in less than a year. It's perversely impressive.

Its only impressive because of the stupidity of typical fans who lose all sense of rationality and become highly emotional when discussing their teams players. Its comical. Just look at everyone who meltsdown on st. Ironically popovich tries to warn you about it regularly. New planets are discovered...

james evans
07-01-2018, 12:22 AM
yall still mad. we gonna get one of these threads per day for the rest of the year. If he doesn't want to play with us, let him leave. We can't make him play for us. wtf

Spurtacular
07-01-2018, 12:33 AM

Kawhi ain't said shit. He's allowed all the media do the talking cos he's a coward.

Othyus Lalanne
07-01-2018, 02:24 AM

Kawhi can still win the PR battle by playing well for an another team.

The fans, maybe. the most vocal fans on the Internet are always hysterical about something.

Kawhi ain't said shit. He's allowed all the media do the talking cos he's a coward.

I prefer this over a a lot of back and forth.

Spurtacular
07-01-2018, 02:26 AM
I prefer this over a a lot of back and forth.

Eh, he just an overgrown child throwing a tantrum cos he's still 11 years old and he thinks playing for the Lakers is the neatest thing. Fuck this guy; be a fucking man.

Othyus Lalanne
07-01-2018, 03:09 AM
Eh, he just an overgrown child throwing a tantrum cos he's still 11 years old and he thinks playing for the Lakers is the neatest thing. Fuck this guy; be a fucking man.

He is a man alright just because he is not big at talking. Your fathers brains blown out in front of you does that.

He has a talent and wants more money and bigger shoe deals. It is what it is. Nothing childish about it.

Spurtacular
07-01-2018, 04:57 AM
He is a man alright just because he is not big at talking. Your fathers brains blown out in front of you does that.

He has a talent and wants more money and bigger shoe deals. It is what it is. Nothing childish about it.

His father wasn't killed in front of him, ass hat.

And nobody said he couldn't get more, more, more. He still ain't being a man and coming out with straight talk. Instead he took $18 mil from the Spurs to sit on his ass while he pretended he was hurt.

Othyus Lalanne
07-01-2018, 05:50 AM
His father wasn't killed in front of him, ass hat.

And nobody said he couldn't get more, more, more. He still ain't being a man and coming out with straight talk. Instead he took $18 mil from the Spurs to sit on his ass while he pretended he was hurt.

How do we know he pretended? I recall issues like that with Tiago and as soon as he was traded he became unplayable because of injuries.

Harry Callahan
07-01-2018, 08:26 AM
All this nonsense about more money is nonsense. The way Leonard makes more money is by playing in San Antonio.

There is not a single shred of historical evidence that the Spurs have EVER abused their players or mistreated their players. It makes no sense to pick your best player to be lax in your medical due diligence now.

The Spurs have been way conservative on their injured players since the current management team took over in 1994. KL was wrapped in bubblewrap essentially for the nine games played - no BTBs, minutes limitations etc.

We don't know the whole story yet but it will eventually come out.

A guy like KL is media/advertising poison - he is so incredibly introverted. A great player but I don't think his playing location ever recaptures the $40MM to $80MM in reduced salary by leaving SA.

My hunch is that Leonard may be a declining player in 2-3 years and SA does not want to commit to $219MM or even $180MM - if that turns out to be the case that is a sad situation for all parties. The Spurs will not commit that kind of money to a guy who may not be reliable given some of the actions taken by the player.

The lesson learned in this situation is players should get PROFESSIONAL representation - not back-benchers, part timers, and working out of the car truck types.

Othyus Lalanne
07-01-2018, 10:05 AM
All this nonsense about more money is nonsense. The way Leonard makes more money is by playing in San Antonio.

There is not a single shred of historical evidence that the Spurs have EVER abused their players or mistreated their players. It makes no sense to pick your best player to be lax in your medical due diligence now.

The Spurs have been way conservative on their injured players since the current management team took over in 1994. KL was wrapped in bubblewrap essentially for the nine games played - no BTBs, minutes limitations etc.

We don't know the whole story yet but it will eventually come out.

A guy like KL is media/advertising poison - he is so incredibly introverted. A great player but I don't think his playing location ever recaptures the $40MM to $80MM in reduced salary by leaving SA.

My hunch is that Leonard may be a declining player in 2-3 years and SA does not want to commit to $219MM or even $180MM - if that turns out to be the case that is a sad situation for all parties. The Spurs will not commit that kind of money to a guy who may not be reliable given some of the actions taken by the player.

The lesson learned in this situation is players should get PROFESSIONAL representation - not back-benchers, part timers, and working out of the car truck types.

Why should i think Harden is more markteable? Because he has a beard?

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2018, 10:06 AM
Harden is the most marketable player at the club.

dabom
07-01-2018, 10:09 AM
-Mills.

You can tell he cares for everyone. :tu

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nba/patty-mills-on-kawhi-leonard-i-dont-know-what-we-couldve-done-better/news-story/9ed243e0a884da9cd00e32526f466000

RD2191
07-01-2018, 10:14 AM
MILLS IS THE GOAT

DaBears
07-01-2018, 10:40 AM
MILLS IS THE GOAT

Mills has his faults for sure on the court, but he is a good player non the less, but what separates him from many and puts him w/ the few is he is a better person, i know from exp. From his college days he has kept his friends and they all say he is a great friend and person. YOu can never have too many of those guys on a team, ultimate supporters and glue guys. Mills is OK in my book.

dbestpro
07-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Mills has his faults for sure on the court, but he is a good player non the less, but what separates him from many and puts him w/ the few is he is a better person, i know from exp. From his college days he has kept his friends and they all it say he is a great friend and person. YOu can never have too many of those guys on a team, ultimate supporters and glue guys. Mills is OK in my book.

Aussies have a habit of putting other people over ego and belongings. Some people slam millennial's for trying to be the same way. I'm older but I appreciate this way of being.

Ice009
07-01-2018, 11:21 AM
I've always said Mills is a great person. Even though I hated his signing and contract last off-season (I was vehemently against re-signing him for anything other than a bargain), I was pretty consistent to say that he is a terrific person.

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2018, 11:27 AM
That Mills contract was the last straw for Kawhi. That's he knew PATFO were nothing but drunks riding on Duncan's coattails

cutewizard
07-01-2018, 11:29 AM
:bobo

BD24
07-01-2018, 11:36 AM
I see the attention whore Dabom had to make his own version of this 15 hours later :lol

bdictjames
07-01-2018, 11:36 AM
Mills being the voice of this team, that's great.

dabom
07-01-2018, 11:37 AM
:bobo

bdictjames
07-01-2018, 11:37 AM
Highly dependable guy.

ECOV
07-01-2018, 11:39 AM
yall still mad. we gonna get one of these threads per day for the rest of the year. If he doesn't want to play with us, let him leave. We can't make him play for us. wtf

Well he is under contract

-21-
07-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Mills has his faults for sure on the court, but he is a good player non the less, but what separates him from many and puts him w/ the few is he is a better person, i know from exp. From his college days he has kept his friends and they all say he is a great friend and person. YOu can never have too many of those guys on a team, ultimate supporters and glue guys. Mills is OK in my book.

Well said, couldn't agree more.

MannyIsGod
07-01-2018, 11:57 AM
Aussies have a habit of putting other people over ego and belongings. Some people slam millennial's for trying to be the same way. I'm older but I appreciate this way of being.

Honestly the only people who really slam millennials for that are baby boomers who are the fucking worst generation ever. I think is a good mantra too.

lefty
07-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Better teammate than Porker

tholdren
07-01-2018, 12:55 PM
Honestly the only people who really slam millennials for that are baby boomers who are the fucking worst generation ever. I think is a good mantra too.

Lol. Ok.

lefty
07-01-2018, 12:58 PM

Manny ? :wow

tholdren
07-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Why should i think Harden is more markteable? Because he has a beard?

Because he travels every time he touches the ball and the nba propels him to infect the game with lack of skill yet allows him to win mvp and makes him a marketing strategy.

Othyus Lalanne
07-01-2018, 01:50 PM
Harden is the most marketable player at the club.

Sure as hell not because of his personality.

MultiTroll
07-01-2018, 02:01 PM
That Mills contract was the last straw for Kawhi. That's he knew PATFO were nothing but drunks riding on Duncan's coattails
Ya I wonder if we'll ever know how much it mattered:

Mills and Gasol for 100 million and years.
Dedmon and JSimms* cut.

*Spare me the bullshit about how JSimms was too expensive when money was completely blown on those other two phucks.

duncan2k5
07-01-2018, 04:17 PM
"Kawhi not marketable at all"

*had the highest selling jersey in the NBA while playing *

sasaint
07-01-2018, 04:22 PM
In before it becomes patty's fault for pushing Leonard away

Haha! :toast

sasaint
07-01-2018, 04:24 PM
Mills being the voice of this team, that's great.

It's a big reason he got paid.

BackHome
07-01-2018, 04:25 PM
Pop has instructed players not to say shit until Kawhi is traded.