PDA

View Full Version : OMGWTFBBQ! Breaking News From WOAI.com

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Oh. My. God.

It's Breaking News! Is it shocking? Is it stunning? Will you die if you don't watch the newscast?

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/1563/breakingnews2wd.th.jpg (http://img487.imageshack.us/my.php?image=breakingnews2wd.jpg)

No.

It's just stuff you could get online with about 10 minutes of Google searching. Carry on.

Jekka
10-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Not that you're bitter or anything. :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Not that you're bitter or anything. :lol

How the fuck do you call that "Breaking News"?

If I didn't like CyberBob so much, I'd have to smack him at the next GTG.

TheSuckUp
10-21-2005, 10:41 PM
WOAI is how I stay on top of current events.!!!

Dan Rather
10-21-2005, 11:22 PM

^ :lmao

Dan Rather
10-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Oh. My. God.

It's Breaking News! Is it shocking? Is it stunning? Will you die if you don't watch the newscast?

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/1563/breakingnews2wd.th.jpg (http://img487.imageshack.us/my.php?image=breakingnews2wd.jpg)

No.

It's just stuff you could get online with about 10 minutes of Google searching. Carry on.

Dam Cyber Slob what's next? Toyota comming to SA? :lmao

Kori Ellis
10-21-2005, 11:32 PM
I don't get what the big deal is. Someone accidently put the Breaking News header on it and then fixed it ???

angel_luv
10-21-2005, 11:34 PM
I missed the " joke" too.

mouse
10-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Maybe Bob suffers from acid reflux :lmao

Mr Hanky
10-21-2005, 11:49 PM

With that said I take it you think we are still at war with Vietnam :lmao

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-21-2005, 11:59 PM
I don't get what the big deal is. Someone accidently put the Breaking News header on it and then fixed it ???

It's more the "Tune In Now" part and the inordinate amount of times this happens with WOAI.

I also don't believe this was a fix of the mistake. If it was a fix, wouldn't you have kept the story on the front page over "Tony Parker in GQ Magazine" if it was important.

I'm not blaming the sensationalism of TV news on WOAI alone, but KSAT, quite frankly, couldn't touch WOAI with regards to their presence, Web media and updates...so props to WOAI for that.

MySA.com/KENS is in the unique situation of newspaper/TV rather than the TV/radio of WOAI, so it's harder to compare.

Kori Ellis
10-22-2005, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the explanation. I don't think many people understood what was meant by this thread. I thought you were saying there was an error.

It's more the "Tune In Now" part and the inordinate amount of times this happens with WOAI.

Well I think that Breaking News, Tune in Now thing is to inform you what is on the news right at the moment, so that you can turn your TV on. It's just whatever story is on the news at the time.

Mr Hanky
10-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Someone at that site has had one to many Bloody marys :lmao

mouse
10-22-2005, 12:26 AM
Isn't Breaking News! for when something Urgent happens that needs our attention? So I guess if Bush gets shot it's called Breaking Breaking news?

herbivore female
10-22-2005, 12:56 AM
dearest glaze why do you care

ZStomp
10-22-2005, 03:14 AM
I have no idea what the hell is being said here. :lol

It's a good thing I don't watch WOAI or read Woai.com ;)

mouse
10-22-2005, 03:46 AM
I have no idea what the hell is being said here
It's a good thing

Now that's Breaking news
:smokin

angel_luv
10-22-2005, 10:09 AM
WOAI embellishes their teasers a little bit, but no station has disappointed more with their " brand new , breaking stories" than KSAT.

TastesLikeChicken
10-22-2005, 10:55 AM
A local woman attacked by a deadly Cobra, Could this happen to you and your children? Find out at 10.

Then you tune in and find out the "local" woman was on vacation in South America and was poking snakes with sticks.

SA210
10-22-2005, 01:05 PM
A local woman attacked by a deadly Cobra, Could this happen to you and your children? Find out at 10.

Then you tune in and find out the "local" woman was on vacation in South America and was poking snakes with sticks.

Exactly, I HATE that crap.

I remember when we had our floods, our news reporters were on camera even when it wasn't raining wearing the whole raincoat and hat for effect.

The funniest one is when on 4 they said Brian Collister I think it was, maybe Vicente Arenas , just came into the news desk from outside in the flood weather to report what it was like outside.

This man was sitting at the news desk in a brand new rain coat and hat soo new and dry you could see the kreeses on it. At the NEWSDESK!!!!???? :pctoss

ZStomp
10-22-2005, 01:25 PM
WOAI embellishes their teasers a little bit, but no station has disappointed more with their " brand new , breaking stories" than KSAT.

They're keeping you tuned in right? So, they're doing the job. :)

KSAT is by far my favorite...

You all let the news get to you. Just watch and move on. Don't let it get you down..

DON'T WORRY. BE HAPPY.