PDA

View Full Version : SAS: Kawhi Willing to Sit Out Next Season if He’s Not Traded

Pages : 1 [2]

tholdren
07-02-2018, 07:03 PM
Listening to ESPN today I've learned that the Lakers hold all of the cards because they can just skip another year and begin building the dynasty next year with a 35 year old Lebron and and fragile Kawhi who hasn't played in 2 years. Therefore the Spurs must give Kawhi up for nothing now or give him up for nothing later.

What cards do they hold? Spurs either trade for worthless shit or buy something they want next year. Spurstalk, like 99 percent of the public has approximately 1 brain cell. LEARN TO THINK

sasaint
07-02-2018, 07:11 PM
What cards do they hold? Spurs either trade for worthless shit or buy something they want next year. Spurstalk, like 99 percent of the public has approximately 1 brain cell. LEARN TO THINK

The cards they hold are in our locker room that would be the least conducive to "team" since the Rodman days. And probably a lot of fans, like myself, who can't work up much enthusiasm rooting for a team whose centerpiece is a lame duck with no future on the team. But, yeah, if Pau's expiring contract is an asset, Kawhi's is a bigger asset than that.

SnakeBoy
07-02-2018, 07:16 PM

They hold Kawhi Leonard

He can't sit out the season so he can either
1.) take a big risk of injury and play for the Spurs and he'd have to play well or damage his value
2.) feign injury again and really damage his value.
3.) sign a big contract with the Spurs and then they can trade his ass away for a lot more than nothing.

Spurs really don't have anything to lose at this point

Trainwreck2100
07-02-2018, 07:19 PM
They hold Kawhi Leonard

1.) take a big risk of injury and play for the Spurs and he'd have to play well or damage his value
3.) sign a big contract with the Spurs and then they can trade his ass away for a lot more than nothing.

he'll do 2 probably with some assurances from the lakers

SnakeBoy
07-02-2018, 07:28 PM
he'll do 2 probably with some assurances from the lakers

Well that would require the Lakers to think it's a good idea to wait and then try to build a dynasty with a 35 yr old Lebron and a Kawhi who hasn't played in 2 years. Which maybe they will do but still if nobody will offer anything for Leonard now then the Spurs don't have anything to lose by holding Leonard hostage and seeing how that hand plays out.

BackHome
07-03-2018, 09:33 AM
Does it come with a nicotine patch? Because he’s all about quitting

Damn SNAP!!

YGWHI
07-03-2018, 09:41 AM
Maybe, but I don't think Kawhi wants the responsibility that would come with going to Philly.

Kawhi led the Spurs to WCF alone in 2017 and we saw he really wanted that responsibility...Just because he wants to play in other city doesn't mean he changed it.

YGWHI
07-03-2018, 09:44 AM

Another reason to never hear Alex Kennedy again...NBA reporters are the worst in the world.

rjv
07-03-2018, 09:47 AM
They hold Kawhi Leonard

i agree. and it appears to me that no one wants to give value to the situation where he does leave for nothing. there actually is a value to that and it's called freed up cap space which would be better than some bad contracts assigned to average or above average players at best.

sasaint
07-03-2018, 09:49 AM
Kawhi led the Spurs to WCF alone in 2017 and we saw he really wanted that responsibility...Just because he wants to play in other city doesn't mean he changed it.

I wasn't talking about on-court responsibility.

Russ
07-03-2018, 09:50 AM
Kawhi led the Spurs to WCF alone in 2017 . . .

In fairness, Kawhi was DNP in the clinching blowout against the Rockets.

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 09:53 AM

True, though in fairness, Harden was DNP-Club in that game.

YGWHI
07-03-2018, 09:55 AM
One game.

Just in case people forget how great were his playoffs games in 2017...

Over 11.5 games, Leonard’s per-game averages were excellent in their own right (27.7 points, 52.5 FG%, 7.8 rebounds, 4.6 assists) but it’s his advanced stats that reflect the kind of impact he was having.

He’ll go down as the 2017 postseason leader (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2017_leaders.html) in Player Efficiency Rating (31.5), as well as Win Shares per 48 minutes (.314) among all qualifying players.

Look up the players in the history of the league that have hit those marks in one postseason (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&season_start=1&season_end=-1&lg_id=NBA&age_min=0&age_max=99&is_playoffs=Y&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&as_comp=gt&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&force%3Apos_is=1&c1stat=per&c1comp=gt&c1val=31&c2stat=ws_per_48&c2comp=gt&c2val=.31&c3stat=mp&c3comp=gt&c3val=100&c4stat=g&c4comp=gt&c4val=5&c6mult=1.0&order_by=ws) and you see the type of rarefied company Leonard is in: LeBron James (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/21851/lebron-james), Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. That’s it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ituvHzOmdc8
Kawhi Leonard Game 2 WCSF Highlights vs Rockets 2017 Playoffs - 34 Pts, 8 Ast, 7 Reb, SICK!

Reggie Miller is just a salty b*tch...He's not the best player from IE anymore.

YGWHI
07-03-2018, 09:56 AM
I wasn't talking about on-court responsibility.

It's not like he couldn't handle the team that year or he couldn't deal with off-court things...

offset formation
07-03-2018, 10:00 AM
Those guys are signing one year deals. They are the flotsam that gets jettisoned next season to make room for Kawhi, not his teammates-in-waiting.

And if it's not Kawhi, it'll be The Brow.

FML, the Evil Empire doesn't seem to take notice they were born on third base and getting talent is a function of geography. Has nothing to do with organizational skill. It just is.

https://images2.minutemediacdn.com/image/upload/c_scale,w_912,h_516,c_fill,g_auto/shape/cover/sport/5b3aec04f7b09d339e000018.png

sasaint
07-03-2018, 10:07 AM
It's not like he couldn't handle the team that year or he couldn't deal with off-court things...

Nonsense. The guy clearly doesn't want to be/isn't capable of being the face/leader of any franchise. He is a follower, not a leader. That's fine, but he needs to play with LeBron who will allow him to be an on-court superstar and have minimal media exposure.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-03-2018, 10:12 AM
One game.

Just in case people forget how great were his playoffs games in 2017...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ituvHzOmdc8
Kawhi Leonard Game 2 WCSF Highlights vs Rockets 2017 Playoffs - 34 Pts, 8 Ast, 7 Reb, SICK!

Reggie Miller is just a salty b*tch...He's not the best player from IE anymore.

Kawhi is an amazing player. I think the fact that he's so good, and has been such a great Spur, is why folks are so upset about this whole situation. It's like finding out your super-hot young girlfriend wants to date the rich asshole living up the street.

It still hurts.....:depressed

YGWHI
07-03-2018, 10:17 AM
Nonsense. The guy clearly doesn't want to be/isn't capable of being the face/leader of any franchise. He is a follower, not a leader. That's fine, but he needs to play with LeBron who will allow him to be an on-court superstar and have minimal media exposure.

This is your opinion. But if the Spurs would have offered him a supermax deal, he would have stayed 5 years in SA being that guy without issues.

Again, I'm not saying the Spurs should have done it, I say he can be that guy without any issue.

Teaming up with LeBron is nothing if you think that LeBron won't be the same guy in two-three years while Kawhi will be in his prime.
interchangeable

TVI
07-03-2018, 10:35 AM
But if the Spurs would have offered him a supermax deal, he would have stayed 5 years in SA being that guy without issues.But you don't know that. There's a lot of evidence to support the idea that Kawhi made up his mind long ago to leave, especially when the Jordan shoe deal offer was so low.

SpursDynasty85
07-03-2018, 10:39 AM
Another reason to never hear Alex Kennedy again...NBA reporters are the worst in the world.

From the looks of it, DeMarcus joined the Warriors as a way to take revenge on the Lakers who never offered him a real contract. For the Lakers to use up all the cap space on the likes of Rondo, Lance Stephenson and KCP really made him feel disrespected.

YGWHI
07-03-2018, 10:45 AM
Kawhi is an amazing player. I think the fact that he's so good, and has been such a great Spur, is why folks are so upset about this whole situation. It's like finding out your super-hot young girlfriend wants to date the rich asshole living up the street.

But in this case, you're rich, maybe not that super-rich like the other guy but you still have an NBA team.

That girl gave you a chance to stay with you...She said "buy me a house, give my all Versace...I want $219M". Then, you decide she wasn't worth that money.

This happens all time. Hotties are too much expensive. :D

YGWHI
07-03-2018, 10:48 AM
But you don't know that. There's a lot of evidence to support the idea that Kawhi made up his mind long ago to leave, especially when the Jordan shoe deal offer was so low.

Like you say, his camp didn't accept that shoe deal because was so low...And they wouldn't have signed a $219M contract?

They asked for a trade just because the supermax deal never was on the table, that's all.

YGWHI
07-03-2018, 10:49 AM
From the looks of it, DeMarcus joined the Warriors as a way to take revenge on the Lakers who never offered him a real contract. For the Lakers to use up all the cap space on the likes of Rondo, Lance Stephenson and KCP really made him feel disrespected.

Get it. :tu

offset formation
07-03-2018, 11:16 AM

TDomination, is that you?:p:

Spur|n|Austin
07-03-2018, 02:51 PM

Bunch of delicate flowers in the NBA these days.

RC_Drunkford
05-26-2019, 09:02 AM
bump

Play Boban
05-26-2019, 10:07 AM
I hate him.

Keepin' it real
05-26-2019, 10:45 AM
Yet another reason I support my Pittsburg Steelers. They let that ass Leveon Bell -- the best RB in football -- rot on the bench all season instead of trading him. Now after one short season, he's gone and the Steelers can get back to the business of winning titles.

BillMc
05-27-2019, 06:10 AM
Imagine figuring out what Uncle Dennis was up to - around January or February - & try to blame Pop, Manu or TP for venting their frustration. What most of us are feeling now was being felt months ago by PATFO & maybe some of his teammates. This is some bullshit.

True. Amazing how these things are being forgotten.