PDA

View Full Version : What would be a dream offseason news at this point for the Spurs...

ElNono
07-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Besides the Green, Gay and Beli news, and the likely extensions to MVPau, MVPatty, Fathead and Manu in the next few days, tbh?

I think bringing back Bobo would be ideal, tbh, with LA playing the Splitter role, we could try to revive the beautiful game, IMO.

Plan B would be to get another deadly shooter. Is JJ Reddick around? He always been a Spurs killer and a great shooter...

weebo
07-01-2018, 09:19 PM
Leonard blowing out both knees.

weebo
07-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Right after getting traded to the lakers.

coachmac87
07-01-2018, 09:21 PM
Other than a miracle with Kawhi...

Randle, Kuzma, Ingram, plus pick (Lonzo Trade)

midnightpulp
07-01-2018, 09:22 PM
Nothing. I'm all about punishing Leonard at this point. Call his bluff and make the faggot sit. Or send him to some Eastern conference hell hole for peanuts. I really don't give a shit about getting the "best deal" for Leonard, because there isn't one. Fultz would be only the player I would be somewhat intrigued by.

RD2191
07-01-2018, 09:22 PM

:lol

acoelho1
07-01-2018, 09:27 PM
Kawhi signing the supermax.

ElNono
07-01-2018, 09:27 PM
Nothing. I'm all about punishing Leonard at this point. Call his bluff and make the faggot sit. Or send him to some Eastern conference hell hole for peanuts. I really don't give a shit about getting the "best deal" for Leonard, because there isn't one. Fultz would be only the player I would be somewhat intrigued by.

Hell, I'd love if they make a trade work with Philly, even if getting just .50c on the dollar. At this point getting rid of that faggot Jabari should be considered a major offseason win, tbh, imo.

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2018, 09:28 PM
midnightpulp falling for fake news as per usual :lol

Probably watching the Yankees Red Sox ass scratching competition instead of doing proper research tbh

ElNono
07-01-2018, 09:35 PM

is it? This dude already wants out, he didn't even got paid yet.

that said, I'm sure some cuck fans here would do a 180 and suck his cock again, tbh.. :lol

midnightpulp
07-01-2018, 09:36 PM
midnightpulp falling for fake news as per usual :lol

Probably watching the Yankees Red Sox ass scratching competition instead of doing proper research tbh

There's already been more runs in that game than all the WC games this weekend combined :lol

Fake news or not, still doesn't change the fact the Spurs shouldn't cave to any shit offer just to make Leonard's crybaby ass happy.

tholdren
07-01-2018, 09:45 PM
Watching kl playerfans quote their most homer comments

Spurs 4 The Win
07-01-2018, 09:47 PM
Uncle Shitbag had a heart attack and died :lol

cutewizard
07-01-2018, 09:55 PM
Trading Kawhi would be just about it....

Then trading Gasol to Denver for the Manimal!!!!!

MannyIsGod
07-01-2018, 09:59 PM
Kawhi losing both legs in a car accident.

Honestly best case scenario at this point is trading him to Philly for Fultz Saric and the Miami pick. Nothing else is going to be as good and any Lakers trade makes them better.

The Spurs are going to get fucked. At this point I'm just hoping for some reach around action.

look_at_g_shred
07-01-2018, 10:03 PM
Parker signing elsewhere

cutewizard
07-01-2018, 10:04 PM
Kawhi losing both legs in a car accident.

Honestly best case scenario at this point is trading him to Philly for Fultz Saric and the Miami pick. Nothing else is going to be as good and any Lakers trade makes them better.

The Spurs are going to get fucked. At this point I'm just hoping for some reach around action.

--------------------

Mabuhay po!

Amuseddaysleeper
07-01-2018, 10:05 PM

acoelho1
07-01-2018, 10:07 PM
is it? This dude already wants out, he didn't even got paid yet.

that said, I'm sure some cuck fans here would do a 180 and suck his cock again, tbh.. :lol

Im not as eager as you to lose a franchise player. Obviously if it ever got to the point that it was offered, both sides would have reconciled their differences. I’m pissed and disappointed as a fan but I don’t see how losing Leonard at this stage puts the franchise in a good place.

K...
07-01-2018, 10:08 PM
Do you think there Lakers would give a first round pick to trade for Pop? That should be discussed. Surely LeBron isn't going to take orders from Luke Walton

CapitalEmm
07-01-2018, 10:13 PM

Lol fuck that, mortgaging the future of the franchise on this POS? No thanks.

Atl Spur
07-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Wow.......... if he leaves so what! We will be ok.... let it play out. LA is stupid to think Bron can do this another 4 years.....

Trainwreck2100
07-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Do you think there Lakers would give a first round pick to trade for Pop? That should be discussed. Surely LeBron isn't going to take orders from Luke Walton

That's pretty much a second roud pick now

ducks
07-01-2018, 10:16 PM
He would be tradable with Supermax

CosmicCowboy
07-01-2018, 10:19 PM
He would be tradable with Supermax

Nope

ElNono
07-01-2018, 10:22 PM
Im not as eager as you to lose a franchise player. Obviously if it ever got to the point that it was offered, both sides would have reconciled their differences. I’m pissed and disappointed as a fan but I don’t see how losing Leonard at this stage puts the franchise in a good place.

It is what it is. Leonard checked out. What's the point of pretending he didn't spit on the franchise? No amount of money can un-burn that bridge, IMO

SnakeBoy
07-01-2018, 10:29 PM
Kagina to Phili
Pop retires
Becky takes over

SnakeBoy
07-01-2018, 10:36 PM
and Coach Becky starts wearing a red MSGA hat

KimmyGib
07-01-2018, 10:53 PM
Kawhi traded for Ariza :lol

And return of Boris

Mr. Body
07-01-2018, 10:56 PM
Uncle and LaVar Ball dead in a lovers quarrel.

BatManu20
07-01-2018, 10:59 PM
For Kawhi to fire his dumbfuck uncle as his manager, tbh.

acoelho1
07-01-2018, 11:08 PM
It is what it is. Leonard checked out. What's the point of pretending he didn't spit on the franchise? No amount of money can un-burn that bridge, IMO

I don’t totally disagree but you asked for a dream scenario so there you go.

ElNono
07-01-2018, 11:15 PM
I don’t totally disagree but you asked for a dream scenario so there you go.

fair enough

gambit1990
07-01-2018, 11:49 PM
dream offseason?

something like...

-kawhi decides to stay, manu comes back.

-spurs don't hold on to tony, forbes. they ship out patty, green, gasol. take a flyers on gerald green, nerlens noel.

murray/white
walker/marco
kawhi/gerald, manu
gay/noel
la/metu

or
la/gay
noel/metu

spurs are younger, much more athletic, quicker.

cutewizard
07-01-2018, 11:49 PM
Im intrigued with Bolden, !!

hmmmmmm!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pgiS-kT46c

cutewizard
07-01-2018, 11:51 PM
Anyone of you guys like Jonah Bolden on the Spurs??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywvvz3GaK1E

TekXX
07-01-2018, 11:56 PM
Can we trade for ZaZa and troll his ass?

cutewizard
07-01-2018, 11:58 PM
He is 6'10 with a 7'4 wingspan.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywvvz3GaK1E

White, Murray, Walker and Bolden could be the Spurs core of the future.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L59GYWDtEf4

DJR210
07-01-2018, 11:59 PM

cutewizard
07-02-2018, 12:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXkYfywgJbs

DJR210
07-02-2018, 12:00 AM
He is 6'10 with a 7'4 wingspan.......

:lol

Kuestmaster
07-02-2018, 12:22 AM
Timmy coming back. I don't care if we trade Kawhi to the Yankees at this point and if we'd be in rebuilding mode. Timmy back leading the young boys for a season would sweeten it a bit.

Down Under
07-02-2018, 03:30 AM
Jaylen Brown & a first rounder. Fultz looks good in the games he's played but we don't need another guard

violentkitten
07-02-2018, 03:34 AM

hey here's a quarter billion dollars after you quit on your team. fuck that.

violentkitten
07-02-2018, 04:04 AM
now that kawhi, not his uncle, has destroyed his trade value it's time for the truth of him quitting on his team to come out.

spurs have been very nice so far about this. no reason to continue.

violentkitten
07-02-2018, 04:14 AM
ultimate responsibility rests with leonard. this board needs to stop pretending that it's his reps who are responsible. he is what he is. nobody likes someone who quits when they can do something and very few have sympathy for someone doing that when paid $20 mil to play a game. to this point the spurs have been very nice about this. that's likely about to change.

kuato
07-02-2018, 04:36 AM
Manu rejuvenating.

picnroll
07-02-2018, 04:45 AM
Spurs having evidence on Magic’s collusion, blowing the whistle on the Lakers, trading Lentard to North Korea.

violentkitten
07-02-2018, 05:01 AM
he'll have to show up and perform per the near nine figure contract he agreed to, if he ever wants out of SA. the cba is clear about that. if he doesn't then he won't be paid and the spurs can prevent him from signing with another team. given that the spurs haven't accepted any of the crap offers this far and with no expectation of improvement, there's no reason to take any other position. leonard is well on his way to losing a tremendous amount of potential contract value, so well done, at least the spurs won't have his dead weight contract saddling their cap in a couple years when his quad actually explodes.

cutewizard
07-02-2018, 06:21 AM
Ramon Fernandez......

I miss this cager. Best Filipino basketball player.

The best ever.

Strategic
07-02-2018, 06:52 AM
Kawhi to get in front of a mic and say wtf is his thinking. Enough second hand news. Is the man even still alive? Is he holding Pop, Manu, and Tony hostage on their futures?

DPG21920
07-02-2018, 07:55 AM
There is no dream off season. I am just hoping for not a nightmare. We now see Kawhi is intent on not just leaving, but truly harming the Spurs. Never thought it would go this far, but it has. Hopefully another team views Kawhi for the player he is and not the person and steps up with a solid offer.

YGWHI
07-02-2018, 08:18 AM
There is no dream off season. I am just hoping for not a nightmare. We now see Kawhi is intent on not just leaving, but truly harming the Spurs. Never thought it would go this far, but it has. Hopefully another team views Kawhi for the player he is and not the person and steps up with a solid offer.

IDK...At least his group is saying Kawhi would stay in Philly after next year to help the Spurs in a trade -forcing Lakers to improve their offer and giving Sixers hope to make a better offer-.

spurspokesman
07-02-2018, 08:22 AM
Parker signing elsewhere

Chomag
07-02-2018, 08:28 AM
This team is trash! But I still love them lol

FireMicoHalili
07-02-2018, 08:29 AM
Spurs getting a better offer than the one the Lakers are dangling, Parker joining the Lakers, Manu retiring and assuming a coaching role, and last year’s one-trick ponies finding a new home via free agency. I like Kyle as a draft pick and Forbes as an undrafted gem but they did so poorly because of the mismatches they gave the Spurs. If they come back I hope they come back for cheap.

Chomag
07-02-2018, 08:31 AM
Honesty at this point for Spurs to stay relevant for the next few years is if they could somehow land Davis be it trade or free agency. Realistically, I don't know how much that is though.

sasaint
07-02-2018, 08:35 AM
The only salve for the last 12 months would be for the league to penalize the Lakers for tampering, for the NBAPA to denounce Kawhi and enter into an amended CBA that would penalize such antics as Kawhi's with some real teeth and move to an NFL model for salary cap.

Russ
07-02-2018, 08:39 AM
A bit of perspective here:

Brandon Ingram is a much, much better basketball player than Jonah Bolden (better now, and a better prospect, and more upside, etc.)

It ain't close.

FireMicoHalili
07-02-2018, 08:47 AM
A bit of perspective here:

Brandon Ingram is a much, much better basketball player than Jonah Bolden (better now, and a better prospect, and more upside, etc.)

It ain't close.
I like Ingram in the sense that Pop can probably mold him into something special, but with regard to talent and accomplishments he just isn’t enough to be swapped for Leonard. I don’t know how a #2 pick with virtually zero achievements except for making the All-Rookie Team (lost ROY to Malcolm Brogdon, a second rounder) can be a fair trade chip for a 2x DPOY and a Finals MVP. Adding Josh Hart and Kuzma and Randle won’t even tip the scales substantially.

Russ
07-02-2018, 08:57 AM
I like Ingram in the sense that Pop can probably mold him into something special, but with regard to talent and accomplishments he just isn’t enough to be swapped for Leonard. I don’t know how a #2 pick with virtually zero achievements except for making the All-Rookie Team (lost ROY to Malcolm Brogdon, a second rounder) can be a fair trade chip for a 2x DPOY and a Finals MVP. Adding Josh Hart and Kuzma and Randle won’t even tip the scales substantially.

I agree in principle -- Ingram is not enough to get back in trade for Kawhi Leonard.

But the harsh reality is that the Spurs are likely to get much less than Ingram if they trade Kawhi in the near future. Ingram would a home run at this point -- highly unrealistic.

The Spurs might as well just keep Leonard and hope that things take a fortuitous and unexpected turn at some point.

That probably won't happen, but trading Kawhi now for next to nothing would simply be saying "uncle" to avoid a continuing PR mess.

Strategic
07-02-2018, 10:06 AM
If this leads to performance based contracts for the league.

SpursWoman
07-02-2018, 03:37 PM

:lol :tu

For this shit to be over with already so we know what our team is going to look like .. even if the Spurs make Kawhitter play next season.

BD24
07-02-2018, 04:09 PM
LeBrons plane crashes on the way to LA. He doesn't die, but is injured and can no longer play basketball.

Marcus Bryant
07-02-2018, 04:18 PM
I agree in principle -- Ingram is not enough to get back in trade for Kawhi Leonard.

But the harsh reality is that the Spurs are likely to get much less than Ingram if they trade Kawhi in the near future. Ingram would a home run at this point -- highly unrealistic.

The Spurs might as well just keep Leonard and hope that things take a fortuitous and unexpected turn at some point.

That probably won't happen, but trading Kawhi now for next to nothing would simply be saying "uncle" to avoid a continuing PR mess.

Not to mention extra, well, bullshit for your HoF coach who just buried his wife to deal with when he's also heading up the national team. There's something to be said for ending this stupidity and moving on. If the Spurs don't want to move him to the team that has likely tampered with their star and reward his insolence, and instead dump him in the East that's understandable. If message board posters are getting fatigued with this drama imagine how the people who live with this think about it.

Dingle Barry
07-02-2018, 04:18 PM
Uncle Shitbag had a heart attack and died :lol

spurs10
07-02-2018, 04:49 PM
RC tells Uncle “Watch Me Torpedo My Nephew’s Carreer” Dennis to go fuck himself. Kawhi comes back, plays his ass off and decides if he wants to walk on $219 million when he makes All-NBA.

Or RC tells Uncle “Watch Me Piss Away 100 Mil” Dennis to go fuck himself. Kawhi sits and loses a fortune, gets sued, and becomes exposed as an enormous poison boy.

kaji157
07-02-2018, 05:04 PM
Keep leonard, put any other significant player on the "injured list", don´t call any plays for leonard, ride him as a defense horse, develop and play around DeJounte, White and Loonie Walker untill Leonard either fakes another injury or says he is willing to be traded to any team and sign an extension with them.

If he fakes another injury, the spurs get a top pick.
If he gets traded, the spurs get 2 top picks and some players.

Anyways, you fuck up a year of leonard, develop your young players, and we have a year to boo him.

hooperflash
07-02-2018, 07:27 PM
And Tim Duncan coming to be an assistant coach