PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hopes that it comes out Kawhi does not want to be a Laker anymore?

Othyus Lalanne
07-02-2018, 07:15 AM
Wanting to play for the Lakers is one thing but wanting to play with the drama bitch queen makes me think less of him.

Poolboy5623
07-02-2018, 08:08 AM
What if Kawhi would have wanted to play with Lebron... in SA?? Would he still be the drama bitch queen?

sasaint
07-02-2018, 08:11 AM
I believe Kawhi just wants to play in LeBron's shadow ANYWHERE. Play basketball and let James monopolize the media.

Othyus Lalanne
07-02-2018, 09:08 AM
What if Kawhi would have wanted to play with Lebron... in SA?? Would he still be the drama bitch queen?

LeBron woudl still be that unless proven otherwise.

I believe Kawhi just wants to play in LeBron's shadow ANYWHERE. Play basketball and let James monopolize the media.

And fuck up the team? Get his buddy to coach?

JFK
07-02-2018, 09:16 AM
There is no taking this back now. It is L.A. or nothing for this guy. He has to lie in the bed he has made. Also, I don't see his group compromising to sign with another team because that helps the Spurs and I think they are wanting to burn the bridges and damage San Antonio as much as they can on the way out.

Othyus Lalanne
07-02-2018, 09:27 AM
There is no taking this back now. It is L.A. or nothing for this guy. He has to lie in the bed he has made. Also, I don't see his group compromising to sign with another team because that helps the Spurs and I think they are wanting to burn the bridges and damage San Antonio as much as they can on the way out.

What makes you think they want to hurt the Spurs?

Poolboy5623
07-02-2018, 09:47 AM
Kawhi wants to play for the Lakers....why are some of you STILL struggling to make this reality?? Accept it and moving on will be much easier for you..

tmtcsc
07-02-2018, 10:09 AM
I don’t care what that prick wants. I only care about what we can get for him.

Othyus Lalanne
07-02-2018, 10:14 AM
Kawhi wants to play for the Lakers....why are some of you STILL struggling to make this reality?? Accept it and moving on will be much easier for you..

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4hC3tbCYiuCoomWdMaZDJVv7hHK7oA ZEJtpMCnKCnMlygp7jC

Budkin
07-02-2018, 10:18 AM
We should do everything in our power to make sure Kawhi doesn't play for the Lakers this season. Let LeBron and Magic wait at least a year.

sasaint
07-02-2018, 10:32 AM
I don’t care what that prick wants. I only care about what we can get for him.

Exactly. I am a Spurs fan. In the future Kawhi will not cross my radar screen except for the games he plays against us. But I will continue to root for the Spurs, so I want the best return they can get... Period.

ceperez
07-02-2018, 10:41 AM
James has a ton more business savvy and marketing prowess than Kawhi and his uncle Dennis.

So he signs with Lakers and brings and entire posse of other players.

Leonard is a super star but doesn't really know how to play the game outside of basketball. He banks on uncle Dennis who likely is also a novice and knows next to nobody.

So now its looking like Leonard is just an additional role player in Lebron's team. Same way that Irving was in Cleveland. Just the guy who plays and takes over games when needed. I don't know if Leonard will be comfortable.

Anyway, situation is so bad with Leonard that Spurs might as well trade him and have him figure out really what he wants to do with his life.

David Robinson was right that Kawhi needs to grow up and take over his own situation. Right now, it's looking like he's in the same situation as Lonzo Ball. Where some other family guy is calling his shots! Imagine Lakers with both Lavar Ball and Uncle Dennis!! What a circus!

Poolboy5623
07-02-2018, 10:47 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4hC3tbCYiuCoomWdMaZDJVv7hHK7oA ZEJtpMCnKCnMlygp7jC

Im talking to any fan that thinks there’s a chance kl stays with the Spurs... it’s getting ridiculous imo

Othyus Lalanne
07-02-2018, 12:47 PM
James has a ton more business savvy and marketing prowess than Kawhi and his uncle Dennis.

So he signs with Lakers and brings and entire posse of other players.

Leonard is a super star but doesn't really know how to play the game outside of basketball. He banks on uncle Dennis who likely is also a novice and knows next to nobody.

So now its looking like Leonard is just an additional role player in Lebron's team. Same way that Irving was in Cleveland. Just the guy who plays and takes over games when needed. I don't know if Leonard will be comfortable.

Anyway, situation is so bad with Leonard that Spurs might as well trade him and have him figure out really what he wants to do with his life.

David Robinson was right that Kawhi needs to grow up and take over his own situation. Right now, it's looking like he's in the same situation as Lonzo Ball. Where some other family guy is calling his shots! Imagine Lakers with both Lavar Ball and Uncle Dennis!! What a circus!

LeBron's business savy does not see why he needs a good coach so it's rather weak. Anyone can tell you that going there means lot's of $$$.

HarlemHeat37
07-02-2018, 12:54 PM
OP hates LeBron because he called Donny a bum, don't hide it, own it..

spurraider21
07-02-2018, 12:56 PM
if kawhi just demanded to be traded and didnt make it known that the lakers were his preference, he likely would have been traded by now.

by making such a narrow demand, he put the spurs in a spot where nobody is willing to give remotely equal value (nobody ever gets back equal value in superstar trades, anyway)... and so the spurs haven't had incentive to move him. even though i'm skeptical the lakers can put together an enticing offer even if they wanted to... they've been lowballing because they dont want to make the same mistake the knicks made when they traded for melo.

but now if kawhi rescinds the lakers-specific part of his demand, nobody would buy that for a second.

so now he's backed himself into a corner where he's basically going to have to sit out the year

mclinejr
07-02-2018, 12:58 PM
I’m still in the denial phase. I really want things to work out with Kawhi.

Chucho
07-02-2018, 01:01 PM
I think more people on this board would prefer we fuck over Kawhi at any chance over trying to make the best move that will yield the best return to keep the team competitive. Petty grudges > making most of a bad situation on ST, per par.

Also, :lol at the thought of "rebuilding" in this era NBA because the Warriors are a once-in-a-lifetime team that built thru the draft and if you think citing the laughable shit fest that Philadelphia and the media tried sugar coating as a blue print, that's equally silly. This isn't the NFL or baseball, you can make your team competitive and still get younger and transition your roster. We saw this with the team between the 99 and 03 titles and the 07-14 titles.

John B
07-02-2018, 01:06 PM
Keeping Kawhi is always the best resolution. You know the accolades and a player like that does not come every year, much less in small market SA. Spurs will see him play in the Summer Camp and try to reconcile. None of them sitting out or fake injuries that would diminish his stock. If Spurs are convinced that he’s 100% they’ll offer him the SM. Hopefully Spurs will be very good coz that changes a lot. If then KLstill wants out, then trade him by October when other teams have seen him play healthy but by then all these hate has past an he’s willing to get Spurs equal value.

daslicer
07-02-2018, 01:06 PM
I think more people on this board would prefer we fuck over Kawhi at any chance over trying to make the best move that will yield the best return to keep the team competitive. Petty grudges > making most of a bad situation on ST, per par.

Also, :lol at the thought of "rebuilding" in this era NBA because the Warriors are a once-in-a-lifetime team that built thru the draft and if you think citing the laughable shit fest that Philadelphia and the media tried sugar coating as a blue print, that's equally silly. This isn't the NFL or baseball, you can make your team competitive and still get younger and transition your roster. We saw this with the team between the 99 and 03 titles and the 07-14 titles.

Spurs had Tim Duncan that's why they were able to retool and get younger and still be a contender. This a superstar league you never win titles without a superstar. The last team to win a title without a superstar was the '04 Pistons.

Othyus Lalanne
07-02-2018, 01:18 PM
OP hates LeBron because he called Donny a bum, don't hide it, own it..

Look at my post history. I never liked Lebron.

John B
07-02-2018, 01:27 PM
2014 Spurs was not a superstar team. Parker made the All-Star that year but you can’t really consider him Superstar. No disrespect to both HOF Tony and Manu. Only Ice, DRob and Duncan I will consider franchise Superstar, and of course Kawhi (but I consider KL more like a great beta without a Duncan leadership, not a franchise player to lead a team). Again 2014 Spurs beautiful game, without a real “superstar” brought down a dream team and send them packing, biggest accomplishment I’ve witnessed in sports tbh

Extra Stout
07-02-2018, 01:28 PM
This isn't the NFL or baseball, you can make your team competitive and still get younger and transition your roster. We saw this with the team between the 99 and 03 titles and the 07-14 titles.Those teams had their cores intact. The Spurs core now is... thirty something LaMarcus Aldridge.

superbigtime
07-02-2018, 01:30 PM
Kawhi isn't getting traded. It's going to come down to a game of chicken. Kawhi needs to do the right thing and be the badass professional ballplayer he is. Otherwise there is no way he comes out of this on top.

DPG21920
07-02-2018, 01:31 PM
if kawhi just demanded to be traded and didnt make it known that the lakers were his preference, he likely would have been traded by now.

by making such a narrow demand, he put the spurs in a spot where nobody is willing to give remotely equal value (nobody ever gets back equal value in superstar trades, anyway)... and so the spurs haven't had incentive to move him. even though i'm skeptical the lakers can put together an enticing offer even if they wanted to... they've been lowballing because they dont want to make the same mistake the knicks made when they traded for melo.

but now if kawhi rescinds the lakers-specific part of his demand, nobody would buy that for a second.

so now he's backed himself into a corner where he's basically going to have to sit out the year

LA can’t make the NY mistake; they already have Lebron. Giving up that “core” for Kawhi and LEBRON makes the NY mistake impossible.

Othyus Lalanne
07-02-2018, 01:36 PM
Kawhi isn't getting traded. It's going to come down to a game of chicken. Kawhi needs to do the right thing and be the badass professional ballplayer he is. Otherwise there is no way he comes out of this on top.

My ideal scenario signing an extension. Showing that he is a badaas healthy and he is traded for something amazing.

K...
07-02-2018, 01:50 PM
2014 Spurs was not a superstar team. Parker made the All-Star that year but you can’t really consider him Superstar. No disrespect to both HOF Tony and Manu. Only Ice, DRob and Duncan I will consider franchise Superstar, and of course Kawhi (but I consider KL more like a great beta without a Duncan leadership, not a franchise player to lead a team). Again 2014 Spurs beautiful game, without a real “superstar” brought down a dream team and send them packing, biggest accomplishment I’ve witnessed in sports tbh

Uh if we see 2014 replicated it will be something. The warriors were close but went Superstar. The Hawks had it, but couldn't best LeBron. What is it? Some combination of elite role players, elite veteran players, and a young Superstar. Good luck on getting those pieces together.

There Spurs probably could reach the heights of the bud Hawks pretty easily. We have talent. It just sucks we built a team for Kawhi that never materialzed

Marcus Bryant
07-02-2018, 02:09 PM
Those teams had their cores intact. The Spurs core now is... thirty something LaMarcus Aldridge.

Yep, Spurs fans have been spoiled for almost thirty years. This wasn't going to continue forever, still this is a lousy way for it to end. Give RC a couple years to draft with better picks is likely the way back.

K...
07-02-2018, 02:14 PM
It's funny but the Spurs aren't in any worse situation then 2011 when we all assumed the big three were done and Parker would hero ball us to medicrioty. As long as lamarcus holds until we get our next franchise identity. Hopefully the warriors will be done so the Spurs don't have to commit to the archiac style

Chucho
07-02-2018, 02:29 PM
Those teams had their cores intact. The Spurs core now is... thirty something LaMarcus Aldridge.

The 99 team was way different than the 03 team, so if you want to call TD n a beat up DRob as defining "the core in place" fine, but that's not accurate. Beyond the Big 3, who were all past their primes, the Beautiful Game title team didn't have the same core as the 07 team. Suffice to say, I disagree with you.

Celts, Warriors and Philly (which took the better part of a decade and had as many whiffs and mistakes as successes) are the only teams that full blown rebuilds really paid off for. I don't understand the necessity to "rebuild" w

How many teams tank annually and how many of those rebuilds have come out well? And by "well" I mean sustained playoff appearances with noticeable year-over-year growth? Aside from Boston and Golden State (and now, Philly) I don't see much evidence to suggest that is the way to go in today's NBA. Houston built their title contender on moves and trades, same as Cleveland and Toronto as well.

The ratio of successful rebuild to tanks isn't favorable and tanking is a big fuck you to the fans who want to root for a team that is at least trying to give them a reason to root in exchange for their financial support. Either the league needs to contract a bit or this is going to be a never ending, vicious cycle that makes the sport as predictable as baseball.

Chucho
07-02-2018, 02:33 PM
We're in an era of the league being 3 tiers:

Title or bust (The Super Team)

Stuck in the middle (50% of the league makes the POs regardless if only 10% of the league is a genuine contender)

Tanking teams (Flawed methodology tbh that screws the fan over and dilutes the product quality)

CGD
07-02-2018, 06:38 PM
I mean the Lakers are sure making the case by signing Cousins (soon), Lance, McGee, Rondo, and a lesser extent KCP. All high character dudes tbh

Othyus Lalanne
07-03-2018, 12:34 AM
I mean the Lakers are sure making the case by signing Cousins (soon), Lance, McGee, Rondo, and a lesser extent KCP. All high character dudes tbh

What did KCP and MCGee do?

Othyus Lalanne
07-04-2018, 05:20 AM
I got realgm wiretap on my side. i guess that is something.

JPB
07-04-2018, 05:31 AM
I’m still in the denial phase. I really want things to work out with Kawhi.

When you gal tells you she's not happy with you, she wants to go to and live with that dude in LA, unless you lock her in the basement, it's over man. bish is gone.

hater
07-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Agree its LA or nothing

But theres always the Clitters

But since Leroid is in Lakers its a no brainer gor kawhi to go there

Good thing is Spurs have lots of leverage now

Since its kawhi or bust for Lakers

PublicOption
07-04-2018, 05:57 PM
Apparently kawhis crybaby whiny ass might get his feelings hurt because the Lakers won't give up the goods.

Othyus Lalanne
11-30-2018, 07:00 AM
Agree its LA or nothing

But theres always the Clitters

But since Leroid is in Lakers its a no brainer gor kawhi to go there

Good thing is Spurs have lots of leverage now

Since its kawhi or bust for Lakers

still think that?

Blackhaus
11-30-2018, 09:07 AM
I hope that little twat stays with the raps in the east. Just seeing him makes my stomach upset.

lmbebo
11-30-2018, 09:11 AM
he's dead to me. That low class SOB.

Rusty
11-30-2018, 09:50 AM
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/zacYBcHMGZp2FSonmoXARQ--~A/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9ODAw/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/homerun/nbcsports.com/24d65f0515b7960f186b0e1f0dd895f7

There’s something going on here

Othyus Lalanne
11-30-2018, 11:19 AM
I hope that little twat stays with the raps in the east. Just seeing him makes my stomach upset.

Why? He played up to the value of his contract minus one year.