PDA

View Full Version : was last spurs season boring

playblair
07-02-2018, 08:02 PM
via st poster

I only ever watch the Spurs. But my interest has really waned since Timmy retired. Last season I missed quite a few games. I will likely miss more this season.

do u echo these sentiments? playblair personally hasnt missed a spurs game in over 14 years even through the spurs defensive years even when blair left but last spurs season with aldridge ball was hella boring

HarlemHeat37
07-02-2018, 08:04 PM
One of the most boring Spurs seasons ever, first time I've watched most of the games in condensed version..

tim_duncan_fan
07-02-2018, 08:09 PM
It's more just that the team was mind-numblingly terrible on offense, which says alot about the league right now considering they made the playoffs.

spurraider21
07-02-2018, 08:11 PM
it was only fun watching to see if murray is going to have a good game or if manu is gonna have a throwback performance

anderson, green, gasol, patty, forbes, parker, joff, gay were all incredibly boring to watch.

but i still watched... because spurs.

though not quite as often as previous years. watching kawhi was always a treat

duncan2k5
07-02-2018, 08:29 PM
I only enjoyed Murray, tbh... LMA ball and the old guys were painful to watch

HarlemHeat37
07-02-2018, 08:31 PM
it was only fun watching to see if murray is going to have a good game or if manu is gonna have a throwback performance

anderson, green, gasol, patty, forbes, parker, joff, gay were all incredibly boring to watch.

but i still watched... because spurs.

though not quite as often as previous years. watching kawhi was always a treat

You actually watched for Murray? Why?:lol his game is hideous.

spurraider21
07-02-2018, 08:40 PM
You actually watched for Murray? Why?:lol his game is hideous.
there was a level of excitement to his game, and he's one of the few prospects we have with any degree of upside.

tholdren
07-02-2018, 09:29 PM
there was a level of excitement to his game, and he's one of the few prospects we have with any degree of upside.

Lol ok

cd98
07-02-2018, 09:34 PM
Team was close to unwatchable without Kawhi.

RD2191
07-02-2018, 09:35 PM
Team was close to unwatchable without Kawhi.

Tbh. Sucks he'll be gone soon.

wingster
07-02-2018, 09:50 PM
Nah. Kawhi watch 2017-2018 was a roller coaster (albeit with a horrible finish), the start of the season was good with a small, small win streak, our run of wins close to the end of the regular season, biting my nails if they would make the playoff/get to 50 wins. Disappointing a lot of the time (and at the end)? Sure...but that doesn't = boring in my book.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-02-2018, 09:58 PM
i watched more games earlier last year to see how the guys were going to play without kawhad

sasaint
07-02-2018, 09:58 PM
Signing LMA was the beginning of the unraveling of the Spurs.

HarlemHeat37
07-02-2018, 09:59 PM
Signing LMA was the beginning of the unraveling of the Spurs.

Great player, but tough to watch..

tholdren
07-02-2018, 10:03 PM

Hes a great shooter, with nothing else to offer

Mugen
07-02-2018, 10:04 PM
Last year was terrible from an entertainment standpoint, I still watched most of the games but that's because I'm a masochist. Didn't the Spurs blow like 20 4th quarter leads? :lol

sasaint
07-02-2018, 10:07 PM

Good skill set, especially that patented 18-foot turnaround fade-away, but not a great player imo. Ball stopper and terrible passer. But no locker room presence when the Spurs needed an infusion of true leadership (not culture) as much as proficiency on the court. Despite their drumbeat, "it's Kawhi's team now..." PATFO had to know that he was never going to be the face of the franchise/team leader to carry that torch. And Touches was clearly never going to either. Bad for chemistry when your two best players are both essentially followers.

Down Under
07-03-2018, 12:00 AM
LMA wasn't the beginning of the end. After our 2014 run (which involved some luck - elite role players playing above their abilities) TD was near the end, Splitter couldn't stay on the court, Diaw was past it, Manu was old, TP had fallen off a cliff & SA was a destination no good free agent had ever signed. He played well for most of the 2016 playoffs & had a career year on both ends last year, but it's not going to get it done. If we get a forward prospect or 2 for Kawhi & or draft picks, I really like how we'll be positioned in 3 seasons, given the last 3 guards we've drafted & the Warriors barring some sort of catastrophic turn of events are winning the next 2, probably 3 championships.

SAGirl
07-03-2018, 12:05 AM
Tbh. Sucks he'll be gone soon.
He was already gone season...

DeRozan m8
07-03-2018, 12:08 AM
Yep, boring as fuck.

Missed more games than I have forever and I didn't really mind

E20
07-03-2018, 12:11 AM
Yeah I didn't give a fuck especially since Kawhi wasn't playing. Would watch for Manu but lost interest after all this Kawhi drama

07-03-2018, 01:59 AM
Frustrating more than boring.

Watching them blow so many 4th quarter leads on the road without a closer was the toughest thing to watch.

Arcadian
07-03-2018, 02:36 AM
The games themselves were often boring, but that's because the team was worse. Shocking idea - winning is more fun.

Following the season was entertaining, though, because we almost missed the playoffs, and it was a tight race to the very end, so every game counted and had playoff implications.

I like Aldridge because I appreciate his old school post game. It's unique in this era, and unique is interesting. Common is boring. (I mean, he's not even that old school - with his shooting range, he would've actually been considered a new-wave 4 in the previous decade...)

siraulo23
07-03-2018, 03:43 AM
Agreed with pretty much everyone here, i probably only watched like 50 or so regular season games, where in past seasons i would never miss a spurs game

Extremely boring season

Stabula
07-03-2018, 03:46 AM
It's not just that winning less frequently was boring, it was also lack of direction for where this franchise or this league will go. Every win or loss was meaningless and the Warriors were always going to win in the end.

Play Boban
07-03-2018, 08:58 AM
The games themselves were often boring, but that's because the team was worse. Shocking idea - winning is more fun.

Following the season was entertaining, though, because we almost missed the playoffs, and it was a tight race to the very end, so every game counted and had playoff implications.

I like Aldridge because I appreciate his old school post game. It's unique in this era, and unique is interesting. Common is boring. (I mean, he's not even that old school - with his shooting range, he would've actually been considered a new-wave 4 in the previous decade...)

Truth bombs. :wow

superbigtime
07-03-2018, 09:19 AM
fraid so. and frustrating.

tmtcsc
07-03-2018, 09:27 AM
I watched fewer games last year (even when I recorded them for viewing later) than I ever have in 20+ years. I had no interest in watching them lose or under-achieve. It was brutal. If I recorded a game with the thought of watching later & found out they lost - I just deleted it.

Rev Hill
07-03-2018, 09:35 AM
Likely the least I've watched a Spurs season since 1980.

YGWHI
07-03-2018, 09:35 AM
I still watched most games during last season, I wanted to see how the team develop Kyle DJ White Brandon...

The difference is, all years I keep watching Spurs' games in offseason because I can't deal with offseason-basketball abstinence, that's why I buy LP...

But this offseason I'm not watching any game. There isn't a game I really want to re-watch...

Arcadian
07-03-2018, 01:20 PM
It's not just that winning less frequently was boring, it was also lack of direction for where this franchise or this league will go. Every win or loss was meaningless and the Warriors were always going to win in the end.

That's true, but there's always a journey to the destination, a process leading to the outcome. Everything has the same outcome ultimately (:lol death), so life is all about the process.

However, the playoffs were massively disappointing, probably one of the worst playoffs in league history. So we agree that the league is not in a good place. I would approve of canceling the next season :lol

LaMarcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 02:38 PM
Yes. Least I've watched in my time as a fan.

daslicer
07-03-2018, 02:45 PM
That's true, but there's always a journey to the destination, a process leading to the outcome. Everything has the same outcome ultimately (:lol death), so life is all about the process.

However, the playoffs were massively disappointing, probably one of the worst playoffs in league history. So we agree that the league is not in a good place. I would approve of canceling the next season :lol

The playoffs was god awful. Spurs-Warriors series was the least interesting series I have seen the Spurs play in my whole entire life. I found the Laker's '01 sweep even more entertaining than the Spurs-Warriors series. Keep in mind I have been a fan since '94.

callo1
07-03-2018, 03:48 PM
Watched every game. I didn't think it was boring at all...sure they blew 4th quarter leads, but I was excited to see some guys get more minutes.

Frustrating is a better word, not for the play, but for the distractions of Pop's political rants, and the Kawhi saga.

I was a Spurs fan well before they won a their first NBA championship, and will continue to be.

LaMarcus plays beautiful ball. I am surprised by all of the boring comments about his game. He had a superb season.

Watching Manu beat kids almost half his age off the dribble was fun as well.

Would have liked a better ending, but I never felt boredom watching the games.