PDA

View Full Version : Manu will surely retire now

SpurPadre
07-02-2018, 08:16 PM
Leave this bullshit of a league and coach team Argentina, tbh. Thank you for helping get us 4 championships, winning Gold for your country unlike bitch ass Messi, being the REAL Finals MVP in '05, and for being the 3rd best Spur of all-time after TD and Admiral. Happy retirement HOF'er!

tholdren
07-02-2018, 08:18 PM
Leave this bullshit of a league and coach team Argentina, tbh. Thank you for helping get us 4 championships, winning Gold for your country unlike bitch ass Messi, being the REAL Finals MVP in '05, and for being the 3rd best Spur of all-time after TD and Admiral. Happy retirement HOF'er!

I told you all back in 14 when he was robbed of fmvp, once he goes, its only ghetto ball. Enjoy.

HarlemHeat37
07-02-2018, 08:18 PM
Manu should join them, as I said earlier today, even before this Cousins news came out..

They really need bench wings, they don't have anybody..they all love Manu, too..

Marcus Bryant
07-02-2018, 08:19 PM
Depends on his motivation. If it was chasing another title, well, sure. Based on what little I've paid attention it sounds like he's just not ready to retire.

sasaint
07-02-2018, 08:19 PM
The Marco signing signaled Manu's retirement. But I wish he would join the Spurs staff rather than coach his national team.

tholdren
07-02-2018, 08:20 PM
Manu should join them, as I said earlier today, even before this Cousins news came out..

They really need bench wings, they don't have anybody..they all love Manu, too..

Manu would never do that. He competes, has character, doesnt cheat. Hes european. Not this garbage american trash

baseline bum
07-02-2018, 08:46 PM

:bobo

rastaspur
07-02-2018, 08:56 PM
:bobo

BatManu20
07-02-2018, 08:57 PM
Can't blame him. I would if I were him tbh. LLM.

ducks
07-02-2018, 08:59 PM
He could go to sixers

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-02-2018, 09:01 PM
if manu went to gsw i would buy his warriors jersey

would be such a coldblooded balla move. i wouldnt root for gsw or manu but would have to recognize his greatness

sasaint
07-02-2018, 09:06 PM
He could go to sixers

That actually would be a good marriage, imo - assuming Kawhi isn't dealt to them!

Marcus Bryant
07-02-2018, 09:15 PM
i think more will start to retire from viewing nba games.

paperboy77
07-02-2018, 09:48 PM

Damn right dude! Pinche Manu was the freaking man in 05'. Actually a case can be made that he could have won FMVP in 14' but to me undoubtedly in 05! Forever imitated but never dupicated... Go Manu Go!

daslicer
07-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Manu would never do that. He competes, has character, doesnt cheat. Hes european. Not this garbage american trash

:lol Wow I recall your stupid ass arguing with me in another thread and stating Manu was not European.

tholdren
07-02-2018, 10:15 PM
:lol Wow I recall your stupid ass arguing with me in another thread and stating Manu was not European.

Hes argentinian. Youre not smart

bklynspursfan
07-02-2018, 10:17 PM
Manu is a competitor. He'll hang em up when he's ready, not as a result of what other teams are doing.

callo1
07-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Manu just loves to play the game. If his body is up to it, and it fits in the family's plan, Manu will play. This won't influence his decision in the least.

phyzik
07-02-2018, 10:58 PM
Manu just loves to play the game. If his body is up to it, and it fits in the family's plan, Manu will play. This won't influence his decision in the least.

It's not about Manu though. It's about the team.... I'm a fan of Manu, Duncan, Parker, Bowen, Robinson, Jackson, Johnson, Kerr... etc... on and on.... But I'm a SPURS fan first. I'll have fond memories of all of them, but when they reach the point that they cant really help the TEAM? BYE!!!

sasaint
07-02-2018, 11:13 PM

I think his decision has been made and communicated to PATFO, and that's a primary reason they signed Marco.

DAF86
07-02-2018, 11:22 PM

https://ugc.kn3.net/i/origin/http://www.leo-messi.net/images/news/messi-besando-medalla-oro-pekin-2008.jpg

DAF86
07-02-2018, 11:23 PM

He's South American, tbh.

CapitalEmm
07-02-2018, 11:54 PM

I hadn’t considered this, but honestly it would be a win for all parties involved. Manu doesn’t have to again try to be the second best player on a shit roster at 40, Manu gets to compete for a ring, and I’m sure he would be welcomed with open arms by both either LA or GS.

Watching Manu dish dimes to Bron or Curry and retire a champion??? No brainer.

Spur|n|Austin
07-02-2018, 11:58 PM
Last thing Manu wants to do is uproot his family and play in another city. I think he’s back for one last season; if not, cheers to one of the all-time greats.

J_Paco
07-03-2018, 12:01 AM

Um, he's South American not European, dumbass....

I think the signing of Marco and drafting of Walker IV signals the end of Manu's career. I also think TP's time is up too. Unless he signs for the veteran's minimum at some point as insurance/a mentor.

apalisoc_9
07-03-2018, 12:05 AM
He's South American, tbh.

He's european to me too.

J_Paco
07-03-2018, 12:07 AM
He's european to me too.

Than you are just as stupid as the other guy....

apalisoc_9
07-03-2018, 12:11 AM
Than you are just as stupid as the other guy....

Lol Argies are as european as spanish people?

I mean they're poor yeah but culturally speaking argies are europeans. They are very different from other south american countries save maybe for uru

SAGirl
07-03-2018, 12:11 AM
I think his decision has been made and communicated to PATFO, and that's a primary reason they signed Marco.
I think that too, but I am not sure.

SpurPadre
07-03-2018, 12:15 AM

I mean they're poor yeah but culturally speaking argies are europeans. They are very different from other south american countries save maybe for uru

What a completely ignorant take, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
07-03-2018, 12:21 AM
I've heard from some of my mans(Peruvians and a Brazilian) that Argies are the snobs of South America..not true?

J_Paco
07-03-2018, 12:28 AM

None of that changes the fact that Argentina is located in South American not Europe, jackass.

Dominicans have historically a stronger culture onnection with their Spanish colonizers, but that don't make them/us European...

J_Paco
07-03-2018, 12:30 AM
I've heard from some of my mans(Peruvians and a Brazilian) that Argies are the snobs of South America..not true?

Yes, they are of "purer" European (Italian/Spanish/German) blood which makes some of them believe they are superior.

Dumbest shit ever....

HarlemHeat37
07-03-2018, 12:39 AM
Yes, they are of "purer" European (Italian/Spanish/German) blood which makes some of them believe they are superior.

Dumbest shit ever....

:lol ya, it's fascinating how deep it goes, that type of shit is engrained in cultures for so long..

I grew up in NY, a lot of Dominicans around me..as a teenager, when I moved to Canada, I was around a large Haitian presence that I didn't know much about before, never knew about their views that Dominicans felt superior to them due to skin color and culture, etc..

J_Paco
07-03-2018, 12:55 AM
:lol ya, it's fascinating how deep it goes, that type of shit is engrained in cultures for so long..

I grew up in NY, a lot of Dominicans around me..as a teenager, when I moved to Canada, I was around a large Haitian presence that I didn't know much about before, never knew about their views that Dominicans felt superior to them due to skin color and culture, etc..

Yes, we Dominicans (my parents are from DR) are guilty of that ignorant shit too. It is a pervasive mentality throughout South America/Latin America, sadly.

apalisoc_9
07-03-2018, 01:08 AM

Most of that colorism shit started from the colonial age and the generations from 50s to 90s are the biggest to blame. Its only now we see Ethnicities take pride in their own skin but its still pretty rampant.

It would take time due to European imperialism only being a few decades dead, but Asia is slowly creeping into a more prideful bunch based on their latest presidential Elections.

They even have deregatory terms now for Asians coons. The generations that grew up in the 50s to around 90s will kill you though if you dont respect the white man.

I dont know how it is in Central America/SouthAmerica but i think they havent really progressed from those colonial mentality save maybe for a few Spurstalk Posters like my nigga thegreatyacht.

You should go to nigeria. The amount of Self hate these nigerians have om Black people is second to none. Always trying to seperate themselves from other blacks based on my own personal experience maybe yoi experience different things.

apalisoc_9
07-03-2018, 01:13 AM
Yes, we Dominicans (my parents are from DR) are guilty of that ignorant shit too. It is a pervasive mentality throughout South America/Latin America, sadly.

It can change with an improving economy and a ethnically woke leader. Ala duterte. Its also a pervasive mentality in Asia but its much improved.

Imo the older generations really had a fucked up inferior mindset that trickled to todays generation but social media made some of us woke.

If that Aussie vs Philiipine game happened in the 90s..That Aussie guy who shoved that pinoy player would probably get free empenads and an apology from these mentaly weak pinoys.

nym
07-03-2018, 01:23 AM

You grew up in NY and never knew much about Haitians? That's rather shocking since Haitians have a strong presence in NY. I take it you're from Harlem and probably never really interacted much with people from other neighborhoods. Oh and some of those Dominicans definitely have some Haitian roots but they just trying to ignore it.

But yes the Dominican Haitian issues run deep and it's gotten totally insane. The Dominican Republic is a popular tourist destination but many people are starting to refuse to go due to DR's treatment of people of Haitian descent who live in DR. If people keep it up the hit to thwir economy could cripple them. It's crazy how some of them think they are so much more superior when their countries are essentiantially just divided by a coconut tree.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2018, 04:39 AM
Chalk this offseason as a giant win then

SASdynasty!
07-03-2018, 06:15 AM
Thanks Manu for being a great bench player all these years!

offset formation
07-03-2018, 07:02 AM
It can change with an improving economy and a ethnically woke leader. Ala duterte. Its also a pervasive mentality in Asia but its much improved.

Imo the older generations really had a fucked up inferior mindset that trickled to todays generation but social media made some of us woke.

If that Aussie vs Philiipine game happened in the 90s..That Aussie guy who shoved that pinoy player would probably get free empenads and an apology from these mentaly weak pinoys.

Hold up. Are you singing Duterte's praises??

:lmao

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-03-2018, 10:02 AM
I don't think the Belli signing necessarily signals that he's done. If Manu still wants to play, he'll play. He seemed to enjoy it last year.

beirmeistr
07-03-2018, 10:59 AM
I hope Manu decides to come back 1 more year (assuming Pop asks him). As it is, this coming season might be dismal if Kawhi doesn't change his mind. Manu can still play at a higher level than all of the old farts still playing with the spurs and he is good for attendance.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2018, 12:16 PM
Thanks Manu for being a great bench player all these years!
:lol

Keepin' it real
07-03-2018, 12:20 PM
He won't retire. Oh, and...

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/57647925/dont-call-me-shirley.jpg

spurraider21
07-03-2018, 12:24 PM

https://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/san-antonio-man-claims-to-see-jesus-on-drink-coaster

DAF86
07-03-2018, 12:29 PM

Dumbest shit ever....

How many Argentinians have make you feel like they are superior because they are "purer" son?

dav4463
07-03-2018, 12:40 PM
South America plays Euro style basketball.

Brazil
07-03-2018, 04:39 PM
How many Argentinians have make you feel like they are superior because they are "purer" son?

yeah it is some pretty stupid take :lol

Argies are the most europeans in SA for sure, they like some nazis here and there but they don't feel superior because some purer stuff

DJR210
07-03-2018, 05:05 PM
:lmao @ Manu joining GSW

Hoops Czar
07-03-2018, 05:11 PM
You bitch ass Di Maria and bitch ass Higuain.

gambit1990
07-03-2018, 05:28 PM
i was wanting manu to join lebron in philly. but then lebron went to la. and cousins went to golden state.

stay in shape, practice your three and decide in december/january.

tholdren
07-03-2018, 06:10 PM
yeah it is some pretty stupid take :lol

Argies are the most europeans in SA for sure, they like some nazis here and there but they don't feel superior because some purer stuff

Nobody here is a nazi. There are just many many many dumb people allowed to voice their opinion on the internet. Then there are the many many many dumb people who take what is said here as fact. People are stupid. Thats the lesson.

urunobili
07-03-2018, 09:46 PM

Messi gave you a gold in the Olympics just like Manu did. Many never won a world championship just like Messi didn’t either.

Keep it real.

SpurPadre
07-03-2018, 09:50 PM
Messi gave you a gold in the Olympics just like Manu did. Many never won a world championship just like Messi didn’t either.

Keep it real.

Ok, but Manu is still better than that choking ass club player, tbh.

J_Paco
07-04-2018, 04:25 AM

Hey, it is a generalization but I've heard it is an opinion many Argies have.

Doesn't mean it is true about all or many people from Argentina.

Spurtacular
07-04-2018, 09:33 AM
The Marco signing signaled Manu's retirement. But I wish he would join the Spurs staff rather than coach his national team.

Don't know how you figure. Marco is one of Manu's all-time favorite teammates to play with.

He could do both if he wanted.

pad300
07-04-2018, 09:35 AM
Nobody here is a nazi. There are just many many many dumb people allowed to voice their opinion on the internet. Then there are the many many many dumb people who take what is said here as fact. People are stupid. Thats the lesson.

I thought you were an american troll, not an argie troll...

sasaint
07-04-2018, 10:05 AM
Don't know how you figure. Marco is one of Manu's all-time favorite teammates to play with.

That may be so. From the team's perspective Marco is a poor man's Manu replacement. His game has similarities. Plus he knows Spurs culture. Plus, the need for another backcourt player in the Spurs' cluttered backcourt was nil. Some of those guys have to go. I think the signal is that Manu has finally decided to hang 'em up.

Spurtacular
07-04-2018, 10:14 AM
That may be so. From the team's perspective Marco is a poor man's Manu replacement. His game has similarities. Plus he knows Spurs culture. Plus, the need for another backcourt player in the Spurs' cluttered backcourt was nil. Some of those guys have to go. I think the signal is that Manu has finally decided to hang 'em up.

I don't know how Marco could be considered a replacement for a heart and soul guy who doesn't mind playing under 20 minutes a game, tbh.

sasaint
07-04-2018, 10:22 AM
I don't know how Marco could be considered a replacement for a heart and soul guy who doesn't mind playing under 20 minutes a game, tbh.

didn't would be the more accurate tense. Nobody "replaces" Manu. I didn't sat that, but I said that Manu, himself, decided to hang 'em up. To fill the void the team signed Marco for the reasons I stated. My post seemed pretty clear and pretty clearly different from your spin.

Spurtacular
07-04-2018, 11:54 AM
didn't would be the more accurate tense. Nobody "replaces" Manu. I didn't sat that, but I said that Manu, himself, decided to hang 'em up. To fill the void the team signed Marco for the reasons I stated. My post seemed pretty clear and pretty clearly different from your spin.

Manu might not come back; but I doubt the Belli signing signals anything, tbh. He would've been signed regardless.

sasaint
07-04-2018, 12:06 PM
Manu might not come back; but I doubt the Belli signing signals anything, tbh. He would've been signed regardless.

I believe if Manu were returning the team would not spend that money on a backcourt player when we have too many bodies there already. Some must be on their way out. Marco seems redundant with Manu on board, but fairly valuable if he is gone. If Manu re-ups, I'll eat the crow.

Spurtacular
07-04-2018, 12:08 PM
I believe if Manu were returning the team would not spend that money on a backcourt player when we have too many bodies there already. Some must be on their way out. Marco seems redundant with Manu on board, but fairly valuable if he is gone. If Manu re-ups, I'll eat the crow.

Marco can play the three in today's NBA; and he signed for cheap; and he has a strong history with the team. He was always coming back at the right price.

Stabula
07-04-2018, 05:20 PM
Manu can come back if he continues to worship the Dark One, it's always been the source of his unnatural longevity.

SAGirl
07-04-2018, 07:23 PM
I think that too. I am conflicted bc I think Manu is a better mentor than Tony would be and it seems PATFO wants a mentor... but there is even the possibility that both come back, while the team still has Danny and Mills under contract, and 3 young guards 2 of which should be rotation players... It just doesn't make sense. Either someone is retiring or someone is getting traded.

I didn't even mention the fact the Spurs gave Forbes his QO and he could sign it.

tholdren
07-04-2018, 07:25 PM
I think that too. I am conflicted bc I think Manu is a better mentor than Tony would be and it seems PATFO wants a mentor... but there is even the possibility that both come back, while the team still has Danny and Mills under contract, and 3 young guards 2 of which should be rotation players... It just doesn't make sense. Either someone is retiring or someone is getting traded.

I didn't even mention the fact the Spurs gave Forbes his QO and he could sign it.

Lol like what similarities? He shoots threes?

sasaint
07-04-2018, 07:51 PM
Lol like what similarities? He shoots threes?

Next to Manu Marco moves better without the ball and uses off-ball screens better than all the other Spurs players.

sasaint
07-04-2018, 07:53 PM

I have no idea what will shake out, but some of those space-holders must go.

I have always thought of Manu as a mentor, but I have never thought of Tony as one. Hopefully he ends up in Charlotte or Denver.