PDA

View Full Version : NBA: This where the NBA is headed

dav4463
07-02-2018, 10:24 PM
The new NBA will soon remind one of the English Premier League.

The top 8 teams should be the Premier Division and only play each other all year, culminating in a 6 team playoffs at the end of the season.

All other teams play in the B division....(we'll call it the Champions league). They play all year and the top two teams get to enter the Premier Division for the next season. The two teams that do not make the six team playoffs in the Premier Division will be relegated to the Champions league and try to work their way back up to crack the top six and stay Premier.

The "Darling rule". The Warriors Lakers and Celtics will play under the "Darling" rule. This rule states that they get their choice of one superstar each year from any other team to add to their roster, thereby insuring that they will always be good enough to not get relegated to the lower division.

This format will keep the media and casual dumbed down fan happy and insure the NBA will be a ratings success for years to come!

Clipper Nation
07-02-2018, 10:36 PM
I've been saying it for a while now: Silver wants to turn the NBA into soccer. That's why the product sucks now. It explains the ads on the jerseys, giving the MVP to a flopping faggot, and the Warriors' free agency bullshit.

HarlemHeat37
07-02-2018, 10:58 PM
I've been saying it for a while now: Silver wants to turn the NBA into soccer. That's why the product sucks now. It explains the ads on the jerseys, giving the MVP to a flopping faggot, and the Warriors' free agency bullshit.
lol

illmatic
07-02-2018, 11:19 PM
The new NBA will soon remind one of the English Premier League.

The top 8 teams should be the Premier Division and only play each other all year, culminating in a 6 team playoffs at the end of the season.

All other teams play in the B division....(we'll call it the Champions league). They play all year and the top two teams get to enter the Premier Division for the next season. The two teams that do not make the six team playoffs in the Premier Division will be relegated to the Champions league and try to work their way back up to crack the top six and stay Premier.

The "Darling rule". The Warriors Lakers and Celtics will play under the "Darling" rule. This rule states that they get their choice of one superstar each year from any other team to add to their roster, thereby insuring that they will always be good enough to not get relegated to the lower division.

This format will keep the media and casual dumbed down fan happy and insure the NBA will be a ratings success for years to come!

I half jokingly suggested this on another forum, glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks it. The NBA is going to need to have a league specifically for these super teams, this is getting out of hand.

spurraider21
07-02-2018, 11:22 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/fdb1f87bf85baf76e361dacf03d4cbc7.jpg

midnightpulp
07-02-2018, 11:35 PM

I buy this theory. Basketball is really the only American sport to draw in Europeans, who quite literally can't comprehend sports that don't resemble soccer in some way (no offense Brazil, etc. It's true). Makes sense Silver is trying to capture the most lucrative non-US sports market.

Mitch
07-02-2018, 11:50 PM
Surprised Lebron didn't find his way onto the Warriors somehow as well

Chucho
07-02-2018, 11:53 PM
Surprised Lebron didn't find his way onto the Warriors somehow as well

He's got a nut left in his scrotum.

dav4463
07-03-2018, 02:13 AM
Soon I see an International Division followed by World Cup style playoffs every four years.

Stabula
07-03-2018, 03:43 AM
NBA is over

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2018, 05:43 AM
they need to merge the 2 conferences 1-16 playoff formate, i dunno whats with the complains about time zone and travel, when ur earning millions and having 1-2 day breaks between games its just like regular season

lol allstar game, lol eastern team

DMC
07-03-2018, 07:21 AM
This isn't anything new really. Look how many championships the Lakers and Celtics have. The Lakers have been in almost 50% of the finals that were ever held in the NBA. The Celtics have been in their share as well. There are teams in the league that have never been in the finals. That's not balanced and there never was balanced. Pretending like that's a new thing is just revisionist history.

Some teams are just trying to take some crumbs from the NBA fan base. I think these are the Milwaukee Bucks and Minnesota Timberwolves of the league. You also have the Charlotte Hornets and the Washington Wizards. Don't forget the Orlando Magic as well. These teams could completely go away and no one would notice.