PDA

View Full Version : Everyone including the Spurs gave up on going after Kawhi.

phxspurfan
07-02-2018, 11:25 PM
- PG re-ups with OKC, preferring what he's familiar with
- LeBron goes to the Lakers and says fuck it, who cares if Kawhi and PG can't get their sh*t together and join, I'm going where my family and I want to go. Anywhere but Cleveland.
- CP3 also says fuck trying to lure guys, I'm getting that caysh, and re-signs for the max or whatever, leaving Houston worse off than last year
- DeMarcus Cousins goes to GS to win a ring and buy a year to rehab and come back strong, probably sign somewhere else next summer (what is turning out to be a big FA summer again).
- A bunch of randoms sign/get renounced/re-sign, extend, whatever
- Spurs sign random guys and maintain the Holting Pattern (tm).

- Kawhi and his camp remain silent the whole time. Yet he supposedly refuses to come back to the Spurs. 20M black hole in the Spurs' salary cap. Just sitting there offering zero value, while the Spurs rely on Rookies and past their prime vets, and will likely fill out the roster with journeymen once Parker and Manu retire (or Manu retires and Parker re-ups until 2029 :lol)

This kid Kawhi is so fragile it's scary.

apalisoc_9
07-02-2018, 11:41 PM
Just give it some time.

Its a done deal.

John B
07-02-2018, 11:46 PM
Why even bother with the regular season? Just give it to Dubs. Lol to Magic yearlong tampering getting outsmarted by Dubs FO :lol

John B
07-03-2018, 12:22 AM
Per Woj Boggie didn’t get a lot of offers. How come Spurs didn’t pitch to him. At 5.3mil??? I think that was worth the risk

offset formation
07-03-2018, 12:28 AM
Just give it some time.

Its a done deal.

Lol. Thanks Logo. Err, Eric. Err, Auntfocker.

offset formation
07-03-2018, 12:31 AM
Per Woj Boggie didn’t get a lot of offers. How come Spurs didn’t pitch to him. At 5.3mil??? I think that was worth the risk

Nah, he's out until like January. Given the current situation hanging over the team, there's just no reason to have that kind of guy hanging around this young club.

RGMCSE
07-03-2018, 12:43 AM

Are you this dumb? Cousins is going to the warriors for a year off. This fool wasn’t ever coming to SA to get coached. Especially on a bum achilles.

John B
07-03-2018, 12:57 AM
Boggie is top 5-7 player when healthy and the most dominant big man. He got a chip on his shoulder to prove himself and dmsaid will be ready by training camp. He had positive experience at the last olympics, and don’t think he would mind being coached by the best coach. At MLE and all the upsides? I’d take that risk. That’s not even a risk. That’s investment. Easily that would have made Spurs 2nd best in the West. Dumbass

Othyus Lalanne
07-03-2018, 01:05 AM

Headcase.

Phenomanul
07-03-2018, 08:45 AM
No Olympics for Kawhi either...

spursparker9
07-03-2018, 08:55 AM
Can't wait to see 2020 when Pop is coaching Kawhi on the USA team

tmtcsc
07-03-2018, 09:25 AM

Per Boogie - He got NO offers and said he was shocked Pelicans didn't want him back. He's notorious for having a poor work ethic when he's healthy, imagine what he'll be like facing one of the toughest rehab regimens around. GS giving him money with hopes he'll be serviceable in the playoffs.

phxspurfan
07-06-2018, 01:35 PM
bump :lol

everyone giving up/gave up on this clown. Now has to float Clippers rumors and "he will be ok" with Philly. Clips ofc want him but "don't have shit to offer" (per Spurs FO) but Philly not so sure they want him/want to give anyone up for him.

Prediction: dude will be out of the league by 2020.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-06-2018, 01:42 PM
The way he's heading he'll play on a 1yr/5mil contract, like Cousins, in 2019 instead of a supermax or max.

DMC
07-06-2018, 02:08 PM
Are you this dumb? Cousins is going to the warriors for a year off. This fool wasn’t ever coming to SA to get coached. Especially on a bum achilles.

He tried the Lakers first. They declined.

DMC
07-06-2018, 02:11 PM
bump :lol

everyone giving up/gave up on this clown. Now has to float Clippers rumors and "he will be ok" with Philly. Clips ofc want him but "don't have shit to offer" (per Spurs FO) but Philly not so sure they want him/want to give anyone up for him.

Prediction: dude will be out of the league by 2020.

There's no rationale that says Kawhi Leonard will be out of the league by 2020. That's only a year and a half away. He's a max player right now. I get the salt and all but a modicum of common fucking sense wouldn't be out of order here.

phxspurfan
07-06-2018, 03:18 PM
There's no rationale that says Kawhi Leonard will be out of the league by 2020. That's only a year and a half away. He's a max player right now. I get the salt and all but a modicum of common fucking sense wouldn't be out of order here.

Do you think any team trusts him at this point?

- The Spurs org is well respected, with about half the league poaching at least some portion of its front office

- Kawhi is coming off a "major" injury that forced him to sit out what was basically the entire year

- Kawhi's dirty laundry has been aired for also the entire season and off season

- His Camp has publicly stated he doesn't want to play anywhere but LA

- He has also stated he will not go back to the Spurs locker room, a team for which he has signed a contract and is paid to play at

- The team he clearly wanted to play for most now has their main #1 guy signed for 4 years, a clear MVP and possible GOAT

- Any team that is thinking of signing him this year would have to give up major assets for most likely a 1 year rental

- He will demand max money -- franchise player money -- and has had no history of speaking his mind, much less leading a team. The team he supposedly leads currently doesn't talk to him and publicly shames him

He's clearly wearing out his welcome.

SpursDynasty85
07-06-2018, 03:24 PM
Why does no one put Avery Bradley's name into the trade mix with Clippers? I would love him along with Derrick White in the back court. That would make DJ expendable since we really need a sf.

SpursDynasty85
07-06-2018, 03:26 PM
Do you think any team trusts him at this point?

- The Spurs org is well respected, with about half the league poaching at least some portion of its front office

- Kawhi is coming off a "major" injury that forced him to sit out what was basically the entire year

- Kawhi's dirty laundry has been aired for also the entire season and off season

- His Camp has publicly stated he doesn't want to play anywhere but LA

- He has also stated he will not go back to the Spurs locker room, a team for which he has signed a contract and is paid to play at

- The team he clearly wanted to play for most now has their main #1 guy signed for 4 years, a clear MVP and possible GOAT

- Any team that is thinking of signing him this year would have to give up major assets for most likely a 1 year rental

- He will demand max money -- franchise player money -- and has had no history of speaking his mind, much less leading a team. The team he supposedly leads currently doesn't talk to him and publicly shames him

He's clearly wearing out his welcome.

Tbh. He hasn't stated anything. His uncle might've said something. I'm sure Kawhi and their camp are all reeling which has to give the Spurs PATFO a little satisfaction and leverage for them to help them f in and a good trade partner now or else they are really playing for the Spurs next year. A sit out is PR suicide.

phxspurfan
07-06-2018, 03:27 PM
Why does no one put Avery Bradley's name into the trade mix with Clippers? I would love him along with Derrick White in the back court. That would make DJ expendable since we really need a sf.

Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, Patrick Beverley and a pick. Get it done PATFO

LakerHater
07-06-2018, 03:31 PM
Parker gone, Kawhi stayin?

phxspurfan
07-06-2018, 03:35 PM
Parker gone, Kawhi stayin?

That actually might be best case for him and His Camp. He would get booed a bit no doubt, but to come back and actually play, play hard and get his stats back up for one year would make him more palatable for a big deadline trade or free agent contract next summer. And Spurs FO would likely try to woo him back in their good graces all year. But it will be awkward af if this happens.

DJR210
07-06-2018, 03:38 PM
Why even bother with the regular season? Just give it to Dubs.

This. Might as well trade LMA to a contender as well. Spurs ain't doing shit for a while.

james evans
07-06-2018, 03:40 PM
Can't wait to see 2020 when Pop is coaching Kawhi on the USA team
he aitn gonna go