PDA

View Full Version : How exactly are you going to cheer for kawhi if he does decide to stay?

apalisoc_9
07-03-2018, 01:18 AM
Curious?

You gonna scream klaw after a game winner against houston?

Or you gonna scream Pop made you bitch like the patfo fluffer you are.

kjhip1
07-03-2018, 01:28 AM
Curious?

You gonna scream klaw after a game winner against houston?

Or you gonna scream Pop made you bitch like the patfo fluffer you are.

Not gonna lie, that last line was funny as sh*t

marinoman
07-03-2018, 01:31 AM
Done deal

midnightpulp
07-03-2018, 01:33 AM
I'm a forgiving person. It's not even about Leonard leaving, just the underhanded way he handled the situation. He could leave to his heart's content next season and I'd still "cheer" for him if he manned up and played out the last year of his contract leaving it all on the floor, as any respectable professional would. The fans will obviously never get a direct apology, but this would be the closest thing. And yes, fans matter. No fans to watch you play a kid's game, no millions of dollars.

spurraider21
07-03-2018, 01:36 AM
I’m a spurs fan. If he’s playing with heart he’ll have my support. I’d cheer for kobe if he was a spur giving his all.

vander
07-03-2018, 01:36 AM
silently

midnightpulp
07-03-2018, 01:41 AM
Oh, and the Leonard fanboys will accuse us of siding the Spurs org "blindly" and speculate that maybe Kawhi wasn't the villain in this scenario and it was PATFO all along. Don't buy it, not with how the situation unfolded. Based on the information at hand, Kawhi is the "bad guy" here.

Arcadian
07-03-2018, 01:42 AM
I've been riding the fence, witholding from having any strong opinion about Kawhi for as long as possible, preferably until the full truth of his injury is revealed. If he stays and returns to form, I'll go right back to being a fan until he gives me a reason not to.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-03-2018, 01:43 AM
Once a snake always a snake.

duncan2k5
07-03-2018, 01:49 AM
Cheer for him like I always have... The front office caused this...

gambit1990
07-03-2018, 01:51 AM
easily.

cjw
07-03-2018, 01:55 AM
If he decides to stay? Then as hard as before as it means it was Uncle D (the former Chase bank teller who thinks he’s a financial expert) all along.

If he wants to leave but is stuck? Then harder than ever so Magic gets a hard on and trades Lebron for him after December 15th. Because that’s the only worthwhile piece on that team.

Down Under
07-03-2018, 01:56 AM
I'd forgive him because he manned up to his Uncle & realised he wasn't doing the right thing by him. Kawhi hates the spotlight & talking to the media, yet wants him to play in a massive market for less money? I'm not sure what Dennis is thinking - maybe he thought he could make him more through a shoedeal in a big market, but that's never going to happen because ha doesn't market himself. He probably took him under his wing at a very vulnerable time in his life & he's trusted him & made a mess of this through his inexperience as an agent.

venitian navigator
07-03-2018, 01:58 AM
I still think that the S.A. environment is ideal for Kiwhi personality...and that once he realizes it he should be a no brainer to re sign with us. Also if at a cheaper price.
The Boogie igning has shown one important fact: if you're gonna be a problem for your team and at the same time there are suspicions on your health, you're gonna receive very limited offers and calls from everyone. And Boogie is considered at an all star level just coming back from the same injury of rudy Gay.

The Dennis - Kiwhi relationship is becaming more and more an unhealthy relationship for Kiwhi...as of now, thanks for his suggestion, Kiwhi has been led to lose an entire playoffs season from the team that nurtured him in an all star, and is in the way to lose another one just because, in the long run, he's going to piss all the organization...despite the same organizaton has made him clear that wanted him to be the leader and the mostly paid player in the organization's history.
and all this not considering all the ethical repercussions...

His iw uncle so sure that Kiwhi will have a good time in a sharky environment like the Lakers are gonna be next season? with an aging LBJ being the main Shark, probably together the La Var Ball sharky family? imho is like passing from a protected enviroment to the deep jungle in then space of a moment.
No more privacy, no more chance to hide, no protection, no family enviroment...and no chance to be a leader too...at least till LBJ contract expires (4 years baby)...on the oposite, a very good chance to be the scapegoat and the easy target if something goes wrong...

maybe i'm undervaluing Kiwhi personality and psicological strenght, but looks to me he's making a terible choice from every standing point...career, serenity, happiness.
And also money wise...

KDKSpurs24
07-03-2018, 02:11 AM
Done deal
Exactly. He’s been saying it’s a done deal and now this.

-21-
07-03-2018, 02:15 AM
:lol op

TDomination
07-03-2018, 07:26 AM
If he extends contract prior to season starting that would go a long way.

If not, I guess I would hope for some kind of reconciliation between kawhi and the spurs. I do believe that if kawhi doesn't like Parker and doesn't want him on the team, PATFO won't resign Parker. But kawhi would have to open his mouth and talk for that to happen so it's unlikely

offset formation
07-03-2018, 07:28 AM
Done deal

Big Empty
07-03-2018, 07:35 AM
Very simple. Sign the extension, we good. Dont believe for one second a grown man would be that butthurt over some comments by Parker. They can work it out. They grown ass men. He leaves, f&$k em. All that sh&t he did was a lie to leave, like ur wife leaving to new york to slim up so she could leave ur ass for another man. Lol if u want to stand behind that and happily waive then ur a cuck.

r0drig0lac
07-03-2018, 07:39 AM
I’m a spurs fan. If he’s playing with heart he’ll have my support. I’d cheer for kobe if he was a spur giving his all.

xtremesteven33
07-03-2018, 07:44 AM
Sign the extension. All is forgotten.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-03-2018, 07:47 AM

TVI
07-03-2018, 08:19 AM
Curious?Nobody's unredeemable. If Leonard admits culpability, and apologizes for creating a circus and letting his people slander the Spurs organization, potentially damaging their ability to attract future free agents, I'm willing to see where it goes, but I'll forever be skeptical.

That's the only way this works. You can't screw over your employer, and expect them to trust you and welcome you back unconditionally. Even if he does all of that, the trust will always be fragile.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2018, 08:21 AM
apa comes off like a retard wanting everyone to pick sides and never adjust their position as the facts of the situation change.

JPB
07-03-2018, 08:21 AM
I've been riding the fence, witholding from having any strong opinion about Kawhi for as long as possible, preferably until the full truth of his injury is revealed. If he stays and returns to form, I'll go right back to being a fan until he gives me a reason not to.

How about :

- shopping doctors to find one saying you have to sit one year (and still get the 20M you're paid to put an orange ball in a cylinder)

- staying silent, let rumors taint spurs organisation and fuck up your team's and teammates season

- Ultimately publicly (difference with LMA) ask to be traded to LA

- saying you're not happy in SA

- threatening to sit if you're not traded...

I know human bodies can exercise various degrees of elasticity and people react differently to pain but at which level of inches will it start to itch for you ?

Just don't hesitate on lube, bro.

Betas mentality will never cease to amaze me.

Spurtacular
07-03-2018, 08:27 AM
I'm a tool.

Chomag
07-03-2018, 08:29 AM
If he publicly told Uncle Dennis to fuck off then I might start to forgive him , but he would have allot of rebuilding trust to do.

Russ
07-03-2018, 08:41 AM
I'll cheer for Kawhi just like a good cornerback -- with no memory.

But if he doesn't stay . . .

exstatic
07-03-2018, 09:03 AM
Done deal

Exactly. How can this even happen? apa said it was a done deal that he was traded! Oh, the huge manatee!

benefactor
07-03-2018, 09:12 AM
Cheer for him like I always have... The front office caused this...
https://media1.tenor.com/images/7e77d4b9ba1c8d86ef3be1bfef72c2dd/tenor.gif?itemid=5342963

rastaspur
07-03-2018, 09:13 AM
Depends on how kawhi plays this out. If he keeps acting like a little bitch then i will not forgive and forget

rastaspur
07-03-2018, 09:13 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/7e77d4b9ba1c8d86ef3be1bfef72c2dd/tenor.gif?itemid=5342963

:lol

:bobo

Clipper Nation
07-03-2018, 09:14 AM
The PATFO fluffers will go back to what they've always done: screaming "Parker made you," "MVParker" and "Head of the Snake" every time Kawhi carries him to another win.

Mugen
07-03-2018, 09:15 AM
I'm glad it won't happen tbh

moisaenz
07-03-2018, 09:16 AM
I thought he was going to the clippers

Brazil
07-03-2018, 09:17 AM
I'll cheer for the team to win while diminishing his contribution and blaming him on any loss

Brazil
07-03-2018, 09:17 AM
I will also never lose an opportunity to call him a faggot

Trainwreck2100
07-03-2018, 09:18 AM
he won't decide to stay as much as he'll be contractually obligated to not have the ability to be anywhere else

SpursDynasty85
07-03-2018, 09:18 AM
Will only cheer for the team's success. Will be cheering extra hard for Rudy Gay, Derrick White, and Dejounte.

YGWHI
07-03-2018, 09:21 AM
He could leave to his heart's content next season and I'd still "cheer" for him if he manned up and played out the last year of his contract leaving it all on the floor, as any respectable professional would.

:lmao

Don't lie.

Even if Kawhi plays and lives in 2019 FA without giving the Spurs the chance to get something for him this offseason...You and all people would go crazy and still crucify him.

At least, his camp is giving that oppportunity to the Spurs this year.

KD played out the last year of his contract and people still hate him for leaving...

PG13 played a season, asked for a trade, his team got young and talented guys for him in the trade and people still booed him in his first game in Indiana.

When a franchise player leaves his team, people always get mad and hurt, one way or another. And his camp knows it, that's why they don't care about...There is no way to do this better.

clambake
07-03-2018, 09:25 AM
he's been fucking with you for a year. all the way up to today.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-03-2018, 09:58 AM
I'll withhold comment until I actually see him take the floor again in the silver and black. If even half of the rumor mill is true he probably won't suit up for the Spurs again.

kobyz
07-03-2018, 10:00 AM
Spurs fans are the most vannila, no problem here...

spurspokesman
07-03-2018, 12:39 PM
If your in a spurs uniform I'll support you.

Arcadian
07-03-2018, 01:06 PM
How about :

- shopping doctors to find one saying you have to sit one year (and still get the 20M you're paid to put an orange ball in a cylinder)

- staying silent, let rumors taint spurs organisation and fuck up your team's and teammates season

- Ultimately publicly (difference with LMA) ask to be traded to LA

- saying you're not happy in SA

- threatening to sit if you're not traded...

I know human bodies can exercise various degrees of elasticity and people react differently to pain but at which level of inches will it start to itch for you ?

Just don't hesitate on lube, bro.

Betas mentality will never cease to amaze me.

My position isn't totally neutral. The needle has definitely moved to the negative side given all the bullshit that has happened. I simply refrain from having an extreme opinion in either direction until this fully plays out. At this moment, it looks like he won't be staying and/or won't be fully healthy (which were the conditions I listed in my previous post), so at this point it's looking like I won't be a fan for much longer.

My opinion is always subject to change pending further information, and that's called being rational.

cd98
07-03-2018, 01:15 PM
You cheer for anyone who dons a Spur jersey.

apalisoc_9
07-03-2018, 01:15 PM
Its a done deal though.

Pavlov
07-03-2018, 01:17 PM
Its a done deal though.So moot thread.

vy65
07-03-2018, 01:17 PM
If it's a done deal, why are you asking about fans' reactions to impossible scenarios?

midnightpulp
07-03-2018, 01:32 PM
:lmao

Don't lie.

Even if Kawhi plays and lives in 2019 FA without giving the Spurs the chance to get something for him this offseason...You and all people would go crazy and still crucify him.

At least, his camp is giving that oppportunity to the Spurs this year.

KD played out the last year of his contract and people still hate him for leaving...

PG13 played a season, asked for a trade, his team got young and talented guys for him in the trade and people still booed him in his first game in Indiana.

When a franchise player leaves his team, people always get mad and hurt, one way or another. And his camp knows it, that's why they don't care about...There is no way to do this better.

I'm not "lying" dummy. Kawhi has no obligation to the Spurs beyond his contractual one. If his heart is set on moving back home who am I to get angry and judge? If Leonard simply put his down and played out his contract without all the drama, I don't think there would be this level of backlash against him.

spursistan
07-03-2018, 01:37 PM

:lol

tonight...you
07-03-2018, 01:52 PM
I'll cheer easy. It's a game... nobody is getting offed over this. I don't get all the forehead veins popping all the time over a game.

RD2191
07-03-2018, 02:02 PM
I'll cheer easy. It's a game... nobody is getting offed over this. I don't get all the forehead veins popping all the time over a game.

Tbh :lol

phxspurfan
07-03-2018, 02:04 PM
won't go to any games as long as he's in uniform

tonight...you
07-03-2018, 02:06 PM
Too many attach their egos to sports teams...

Russ
07-03-2018, 03:45 PM
Kawhi's trade value is not nearly as high as the national media thinks.

GMs see that he can't get along with the most player-friendly franchise in the league. "If treats the Spurs that way," they think, "how will he treat us?"

Kawhi also seems to be getting more and more creaky with age. Some people just age more quickly than others.

I was always a huge Kawhi fan, on draft night and after, but I don't see him as a top three player in league as the media hype insists.

He plays the game the right way and that will help him, but physically he seems to be on the decline.

callo1
07-03-2018, 04:09 PM
I doubt he stays, but if he did, he would have to do two things to get me to cheer for him starting with being his own person and giving an apology to the fans, and then playing his heart out on the court.

To his teammates he would have to apologize as well, but that is between Kawhi and the team.

For some people that keep saying the Spurs front office caused this, that is just insane. All they ever wanted was to know why he wasn't playing, and when or if he was going to return to the team. If you are the face of the franchise, and the teams best player, why on earth would a player feel as though little too no communication is acceptable? That was the reason for the player meeting.

If you go back to about six weeks before the playoffs, Manu had stated that Kawhi had been participating in some of the practices and looked great. They truly found it mind boggling as to why he continued to stay sidelined. The team had every right to know his status, so they could head into the playoffs knowing if he was going to join them. It wasn't right for him to keep the team in limbo with all of the reports coming through the media of he is going to come back before the playoffs to being back by the start of the playoffs etc.

A player owes it to his teammates to communicate and keep them in the loop. Kawhi didn't do that. What happened after, whether orchestrated by Pop or not was simply a reaction to what Kawhi failed to do.

If a player has to go to 7-8 doctors to get a diagnosis, how in the world can he blame the team for a misdiagnosis?

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 04:20 PM
Kawhi's trade value is not nearly as high as the national media thinks.

GMs see that he can't get along with the most player-friendly franchise in the league. "If treats the Spurs that way," they think, "how will he treat us?"

Kawhi also seems to be getting more and more creaky with age. Some people just age more quickly than others.

I was always a huge Kawhi fan, on draft night and after, but I don't see him as a top three player in league as the media hype insists.

He plays the game the right way and that will help him, but physically he seems to be on the decline.

:tu :tu

All points which many seem to gloss over/ignore but you have to think that's what every head of player personnel in the league is thinking.

Also, if he was 'top 3' you'd have seen the Spurs be offered much more.

tim_duncan_fan
07-03-2018, 05:38 PM
How?

Tentatively.