MVPau

:worthy:

TrainOfThought5
07-03-2018, 05:08 PM
*Throws Phone Against The Wall*

tonight...you
07-03-2018, 05:09 PM
Lol...
He's fun to watch. I like his futile screams... my wife and I make a drinking game out of it while watching games. Lol.

toki9
07-03-2018, 05:09 PM
3 to 4 more seasons? Really?

vander
07-03-2018, 05:20 PM
well good thing next season doesn't matter anyways, how long will the Warriors stay together?

Barfunk
07-03-2018, 05:22 PM
If this dude is gonna even think about being on our team, he better get off his old ass and get in the best shape his has ever been in.

cd98
You can get a lot of put back dunks against the 6'7 centers of today.

tonight...you
well good thing next season doesn't matter anyways, how long will the Warriors stay together?
Longer than anyone wants.

TXstbobcat
07-03-2018, 05:24 PM
He is going to keep cashing those NBA game checks as long as an owner is willing to keep signing them

Mugen
07-03-2018, 05:25 PM
This is the worst news of the offseason

MoSpur02
07-03-2018, 05:27 PM
Doesn't matter that he would like to play 3-4 more seasons.

timtonymanu
07-03-2018, 05:40 PM
Puke

rjv
07-03-2018, 05:41 PM
Doesn't matter that he would like to play 3-4 more seasons.

gambit1990
07-03-2018, 05:46 PM
someone should tell him and parker about:

https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/big3-logo.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

kobyz
And people wonders why kawhi wants to leave! Kawhi looking for winning, he had enough with this frenchies!

Proxy
GS won't be able to keep Boogie for more than a year

Floyd Pacquiao
07-03-2018, 05:54 PM
:lol hopefully it's just Pop and RC massaging his fragile ego.

Barfunk
07-03-2018, 05:58 PM
And people wonders why kawhi wants to leave! Kawhi looking for winning, he had enough with this frenchies!

Kawhi would've been, at best, a perennial first or second round out in the Least Conference, while averaging 12ppg had his ungrateful ass gotten drafted by the Pacers.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2018, 06:00 PM
Manu retiring is the only thing that can save this disastrous offseason.

apalisoc_9
07-03-2018, 06:04 PM

Kobyzz with thebtruth bombs.

RD2191
07-03-2018, 06:04 PM
Manu retiring is the only thing that can save this disastrous offseason.

:lol

tholdren
07-03-2018, 06:06 PM
What a terribly worthless thread

pgardn
07-03-2018, 06:07 PM
Lol...
He's fun to watch. I like his futile screams... my wife and I make a drinking game out of it while watching games. Lol.

Thats cool.

I think quite a few Spurs fans will be dinking so why not make it fun.

Poolboy5623
07-03-2018, 06:09 PM
Holy moly... the Spurs look more and more pathetic by the hour!

Stabula
07-03-2018, 06:21 PM
Ah fuck it who cares anymore

tholdren
07-03-2018, 06:22 PM

Sa girl. Since anderson still sucks ass

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-03-2018, 06:56 PM
pau a regular season minute eater

MultiTroll
07-03-2018, 07:24 PM
Holy moly... the Spurs look more and more pathetic by the hour!
:lol One of Pops Pets.
:depressed

HarlemHeat37
07-03-2018, 07:26 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs retire his number:lol

George Gervin's Afro
07-03-2018, 07:27 PM
Yea!!!

james evans
07-03-2018, 07:27 PM
And we are gonna sign him. By then Lebron would have finished his contract with the lakers and we can get him for $20 mil a season. Ginobli will still be playing as well

spurschamps99030507
07-03-2018, 07:35 PM
Pau Gasol: "I want to play until I'm 40 and then I have many plans"

[*=center]Pau Gasol is these days (from July 1 to 7) immersed in the activities of its 'campus', with its academy, the Pau Gasol Academy, and its foundation, the Gasol Foundation
03-07-2018 20:04

sports newspaper of barcelona
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mundodeportivo.com%2Fbaloncest o%2Fnba%2F20180703%2F45603809148%2Fpau-gasol-quiero-jugar-hasta-los-40-y-despues-tengo-muchos-planes.html

[*=center]Pau Gasol is these days (from July 1 to 7) immersed in the activities of its 'campus', with its academy, the Pau Gasol Academy, and its foundation, the Gasol Foundation

Pau Gasol is these days (from July 1 to 7) immersed in the activities of his 'campus', with his academy, the Pau Gasol Academy , and his foundation, the Gasol Foundation . More than 400 boys and girls from 18 different countries and of different ages are taking part in an initiative that takes place in four different pavilions of Barcelona and surrounding areas and that will have a great finale this Saturday, a day before the charity party 'Pau vs. Marc 'that will take place the Fontajau (Girona). "We are very happy," says the San Antonio Spurs center . We are improving every year, we are more than 400 boys and girls who decide to spend a week in the academy, the foundation also very involved to take knowledge of healthy habits and in this sense we have also done an act with parents, to involve them and give them to understand their importance and their impact on the lives of their children. Each time it is a more international campus, there are boys and girls from 18 different countries, that is the line that we set and that defines me throughout my career ". Pau looks happy and satisfied after a training session with the kids in which he has not stood still for a moment. During these days he will distribute his presence in the four pavilions, so we 'stole' a few minutes of his time to attend Mundo Deportivo and explain how he is seeing this 'market' NBA so moved and, above all, to give us clues about his future as a player and also beyond.

LeBron James, De Marcus Cousins ​​... The NBA 'market' is tremendously active these days. How are you living?
There have been very powerful movements, some even unexpected ones.Let's see how it continues, but there have already been news ... Without a doubt, the signing of LeBron James by the Lakers is something very important in the NBA world and we will see what that triggers. The truth is that I am quite entertained, I like that my league provokes so much expectation and there is so much news and so much follow-up.
When are the Spurs?
In a moment of uncertainty. Yes, that I think would be the right word.Let's see what happens with Kawhi (Leonard), who is a very high quality player, one of the best players in the competition in recent seasons, not the latter, because he has not played, but in the previous one he was 'top 3' of the league. It is a big question that will have to see how it is answered and how the film ends.
The Spurs are in a moment of uncertainty about Kawhi Leonard. I see myself as part of the team. They have not transmitted me that I am going to go somewhere else

A possible future scenario in the Spurs is to go to a stage of reconstruction?
Man ... It depends, I think not, because they have also renewed Rudy Gay and have signed Marco Belinelli, another veteran player ... Everything points to that is not going to be that the scenario, but the idea is that with Kawhi or without him, which in theory is without him, is getting some powerful and important players in return and having a team to compete and be up.
In this situation of uncertainty that the Spurs live, where do you see yourself?
I see myself there, I see myself as part of the team. At the moment it is clear that the priority is to resolve the departure and possible transfer of Kawhi and once that has occurred will have to see what role the team that I occupy and what role I have, but I know that at the moment they are very involved in This issue of Kawhi, because it is a very important decision that determines the present and the future of the franchise and they have to do it well.

Have the Spurs ever transmitted to you that you could leave the team and go to another?
Not right now. The truth is, no. At the end of the season they told me they were happy with my contribution and that I had done what was asked of me, they were satisfied with me. What is clear is that Kawhi's has destabilized a bit and created uncertainty about where the team is going, but because of the main moves they have made, such as the renovation of Rudy Gay, that Danny Green continues for another year, Belinelli, who is a veteran and expert player who has been given a good contract ... All this indicates that they want to compete and that is a good sign.
One of the latest signings has been that of DeMarcus Cousins, who has gone to Golden State Warriors, which makes up an All Stars quintet in Oakland. How do you rate this signing?
I see it amazing and with two readings. The first is that DeMarcus Cousins ​​was a 'free agent' who could have signed for any other team and win there hundred and billions. But perhaps what has happened is a sign that your situation with your Achilles tendon injury may be worrisome and perhaps you are looking for a different role and participation in a team in a team that is already dominant and with the illusion of winning a title. I already tell you, there are different readings, because it is not normal for a player at the Cousins ​​level, as young as he is, to accept a five million contract for a year unless there is something medical that justifies it.
The DeMarcus Cousins ​​has several readings. It's not normal for him to accept a contract like that, perhaps it's a sign that his Achilles tendon injury can be worrying

The Lakers have overturned their squad. How do you see your former team? A priori it has become a very powerful team ...
Yes, above all, by the mere presence of LeBron James. No more no less. It was already a team that was in an ascending line and now has one of the best players in history, not only of the current era, but of history. That gives them a different dimension and now we will have to see what they are capable of doing. Let's see if they are able to recruit and get Kawhi through a transfer, which is what they are looking for. I see it difficult to happen, but the signing of LeBron was also somewhat unexpected if he was not accompanied by signings such as Paul George, who was one of those who sounded, or Leonard. For me, the transfer of Kawhi maybe had to have taken place before LeBron committed to those four years, but let's see what happens. Everything is very interesting and these moments are creating a great expectation, is what these players generate, these big names. Let's see how the puzzle ends.
Do you also have the impression that the Western Conference is much more populated with talent than the East?

Yes, in the East we have Boston Celtics that has a great team and that if it recovers Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward or Kawhi will be a superpower to match any team in the West. With others, it seems that there is an important distance. We'll see what happens, because Philadelphia 76ers is going to be a team that will continue to grow with its two young stars.Toronto Raptors has a young team, very competitive and capable of growth and we will have to see if it will continue to be able to continue being up there.

It is clear that next season will remain active. Do you have any roadmap of your future beyond? Any plan?
Well ... The plan is to continue playing three more years. That is the expectation that I have and that I would like to fulfill. From there, what I want is to enjoy each one of those years and go from year to year.Although the goal is that, which is ambitious, you can not move forward, you have to prepare and work in each season as if it were the last. And enjoy it as if it were the last.
Three more years ... Up to 40
Yes, finish between 40 and 41.
And beyond that. Do you have any plans for the future?
Many. I am a person of challenges, very ambitious, with desire to do many things. We are now doing an Academy that has a considerable level, we have a Foundation that is growing and that is positioning itself as a reference in the world of health and against childhood obesity, we are doing programs that promote entrepreneurship, we are also exploring business opportunities, we are seeing how we can be involved in the world of sports, I do not know if at the club level, franchise or sports organization ... Challenges there are many and illusion, all. Then I will also have to be selective, because time gives what it gives. I also imagine that there will be an important family project that I would like to devote the time that is necessary. You have to see how everything is combined.
I have many future challenges for when I retire. And also an important family project that I would like to devote the time that is necessary

When will that family project come? When do you retire or before?
Well, I do not know, when it has to happen, either during my sports career or later.
There is another initiative in which he is involved, which is in the NBA players union. Could you explain what function you do and how you live that experience?
I am part of the executive committee, I am to a certain extent the representative of a third of the NBA players, who are international players. For me it's a learning opportunity, to see how it works, to be involved in important decisions, in negotiations with the NBA, leading player meetings that take place twice a year, one during the All Star Game and another in the summer, for example, which I will attend in a few days, on July 10, in the summer league of Las Vegas.
I also wanted to ask him about the Spanish team that has competed in these 'FIBA windows', paid for at the moment with those six wins in six games ...

Very well, we have to congratulate them for the great work they have done, for the attitude, for the commitment, for the results ... I can only encourage them to continue like this and I would not touch anything right now, absolutely nothing. What I would like is to value and give all the credit to these players who are doing a huge job. Now the second phase I imagine it will be very complicated, but I can only hope that they continue with that spirit that we wanted to leave in the national team and I am convinced that we will qualify for the World Cup in China.

tbdog
07-03-2018, 07:46 PM
I don't get the Gasol hate. Yes he is over paid. But he has remained professional and successful for his career. We got bigger issues to worry about.

Chillen
07-03-2018, 07:52 PM
I don't get the Gasol hate. Yes he is over paid. But he has remained professional and successful for his career. We got bigger issues to worry about.

Pau is filling the Timmy void for the Spurs now, he is pure class. High IQ player. Hope he has a good season Spurs will need it.

Joseph Kony
07-03-2018, 07:58 PM

a lot of it is his salary. but watch him play. count how many times a game he loafs around getting back on D, gets the ball stripped while he's attempting some awkward post up, flails his arms into the defender in a weak attempt to draw a foul, screams ridiculously under the basket at seemingly everything, etc. he has his uses and sometimes when he's on he's definitely a positive. but imo his effort level varies greatly and its annoying

james evans
07-03-2018, 07:58 PM
I don't give a fuck how professional you are. If you can't play defense and can't fucking score, that shit is irrelevant during those 48 minutes. If he wants to kiss ass that's fine, that shit means nothing when it comes to putting that ball thru the basket.

r0drig0lac
07-03-2018, 08:00 PM
I don't give a fuck how professional you are. If you can't play defense and can't fucking score, that shit is irrelevant during those 48 minutes. If he wants to kiss ass that's fine, that shit means nothing when it comes to putting that ball thru the basket.

tonight...you
07-03-2018, 08:18 PM
Thats cool.

I think quite a few Spurs fans will be dinking so why not make it fun.
At this point... yeah.

Ibleedslvrnblk
07-03-2018, 08:34 PM
"At the end of the season they told me they were happy with my contribution"

Who said that? The voices in your head? Your family? Fans of other teams who loved seeing their team win because you were on the floor?

SAGirl
07-03-2018, 09:06 PM
frankly tough to hate on anyone on last season's team. I think they ALL had to step up in bigger shoes and do more to compensate for the absence of an MVP caliber player that could pitch in 25+ ppg with an awesome defense, rebounds, assists, to go with it and on great efficiency.

I do hate seeing Gasol try to post up 6'5" guys and get stripped but I'd like to think he wouldn't have had to do that if Kawhi was playing.

offset formation
07-03-2018, 09:09 PM

We should retire every single last one of the numbers from last year, save #2, just because they had to deal with such a giant twat of a human being.

sananspursfan21
07-03-2018, 09:26 PM
Anybody got a time machine they’re not using? Let’s get 08 Pau and forget this whole current Pau nightmare...

tbdog
07-03-2018, 09:27 PM
Pau is filling the Timmy void for the Spurs now, he is pure class. High IQ player. Hope he has a good season Spurs will need it.

Exactly. People wanted Dedmon here instead. Like seriously, the guy is on a salary structure that was to reward him if he avg a certain amount, and lost out to a rookie. I like Gasol. Starting or off the bench. Just not at 16mil. Put our superstar out there, and he is shooting 45% from three again.

BackHome
07-03-2018, 09:36 PM
No tucking way should he be on this team after next season

tholdren
07-03-2018, 11:45 PM
Sa girl. Since anderson still sucks ass

SpursforSix
07-04-2018, 12:18 AM

:pop: this

99 Problems
07-04-2018, 03:14 AM
Gee, lucky the bike crash didn’t interrupt the 3-4 season plan thingy.

BatManu20
07-04-2018, 03:16 AM

They retired Avery Johnson’s. Anything is possible tbh.

BillMc
07-04-2018, 03:39 AM

These

BatManu20
07-04-2018, 03:44 AM
Yea we’re gonna need Pau tbh. We’re thin in our front court so we’re gonna need all the size we can get. He’s only owed $6M after next summer too so if we really want, we can just waive him or buy him out next summer. Not a huge issue tbh, especially with a Kawhi trade seeming imminent.

Harry Callahan
07-04-2018, 07:40 AM
This Spanish to English translation was very clunky. Pau is here next year for sure and is a one year guy beyond that.

Parker is gone. Manu may be gone. KL may be gone or on bedrest.

This is going to be a rocky season with a (mostly) very young guard group and may be a VERY young team if Leonard is shipped out for a group of younger players.

weeks
07-04-2018, 08:38 AM
even lma gets hate here, it's ST

pad300
07-04-2018, 12:42 PM
This Spanish to English translation was very clunky. Pau is here next year for sure and is a one year guy beyond that.

Parker is gone. Manu may be gone. KL may be gone or on bedrest.

This is going to be a rocky season with a (mostly) very young guard group and may be a VERY young team if Leonard is shipped out for a group of younger players.

I wouldn't bet lunchmoney on that. That partial guarantee on next year is going to be a pretty attractive asset come the trade deadline...

LkrFan
07-04-2018, 12:54 PM
Since you farmers don't want him: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y96rc65z

pad300
07-04-2018, 01:12 PM
Since you farmers don't want him: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y96rc65z

Hey another STUPID bullshit trade proposed by a Lakers fan! Is there something in the water down there that makes you all fucking morons? SA gets worse players and worse contracts Why would they do this? Are you going to throw in 2019 and 2021 first round picks?

SpursBills
07-04-2018, 01:16 PM

Throw in 3 first rounders and you've got yourself a deal :lol

LkrFan
07-04-2018, 02:24 PM
Hey another STUPID bullshit trade proposed by a Lakers fan! Is there something in the water down there that makes you all fucking morons? SA gets worse players and worse contracts Why would they do this? Are you going to throw in 2019 and 2021 first round picks?

:lol

Sure. They def won't be lotto picks. MVPau would be awesome in Dubs offense with LeThanos :lol

Chomag
07-04-2018, 03:37 PM
Kind of easy to do if you just stand there and lazily move around I suppose.

cutewizard
07-05-2018, 10:50 AM

:bobo

If only he signed to the Spurs earlier......