PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Woj: Kawhi may not want to go to LA

Sheriff Hoyt
07-05-2018, 10:23 AM
When Kawhi Leonard first requested a trade from the San Antonio Spurs, he wanted a trade to either of the Los Angeles teams with a preference to the Lakers over the Clippers.
Both the Lakers and Clippers project to have enough cap space to sign Leonard outright in 2019.
"I've been told that one of the reasons he looks at going to the Clippers as a little less motivated. I think initially the idea of L.A. was fine to him. He preferred the Lakers but was okay with the Clippers. Now that LeBron's in L.A., I think the idea of going head-to-head with LeBron to have you with the Clippers, him with the Lakers and to maybe feel dwarfed by that. I'm told that's become far less appealing to him."

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250582/Kawhi-Leonard-Finds-Clippers-Less-Appealing-With-LeBron-James-Joining-Lakers

Phenomanul
07-05-2018, 10:52 AM
Interesting... who is leaking all of this stuff? I thought he said that he wanted to play alongside Lebron several months ago? Is he backtracking from that position?

LkrFan
07-05-2018, 10:55 AM
CIA Pop :downspin: that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! :lmao

Tell me about how much Kiwi wants to STAY in San Antonio :lol

Sheriff Hoyt
07-05-2018, 10:59 AM

Stephen A also said the other day Kawhi isn't as enamored to play with LeBron as people might think

Spurs da champs
07-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Stephen A also said the other day Kawhi isn't as enamored to play with LeBron as people might think

Broussard mentioned Kyrie's dad may have informed Kawhi's uncle about 'horror stories' of playing with LeBron.

Sheriff Hoyt
07-05-2018, 11:03 AM
However, according to Yahoo NBA insider Shams Charania, the presence of LeBron James may actually hinder the Lakers’ chances of landing Leonard.
"Around Kawhi, it's been made abundantly clear there's not an interest to go join a superteam. I don't think he's jumping for joy that LeBron James is in L.A. with the Lakers,” Charania told “The Herd” Tuesday (https://youtu.be/jyI7IrGC8IE?t=26m41s)

Sheriff Hoyt
07-05-2018, 11:05 AM
"One thing that's been made abundantly clear. I'm going to stress this: There's no guarantee if Kawhi Leonard hits the market next summer he's going to sign with the Lakers, period," Charania said.

Sheriff Hoyt
07-05-2018, 11:07 AM
Broussard mentioned Kyrie's dad may have informed Kawhi's uncle about 'horror stories' of playing with LeBron.
I wouldn't doubt it. I mean when you look at it, what star has ever gone to join LeBron?

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2018, 12:46 PM
Word is all these bullshit ass stories coming out is nothing more than the Woeful and Lonely ass Clippers putting out fake news to spin the narrative because they know they're about to be forever banished to compete with the Lakers D-League team.

ambchang
07-05-2018, 01:18 PM
Spurs mistreating his injury causes him to sit out an entire year and want to play in LA.

Makes sense.

LkrFan
07-05-2018, 01:19 PM

RealMaginka says otherwise:

djohn2oo8
07-05-2018, 01:34 PM
RealMaginka says otherwise:

It also says Kawhi doesn't want to be in LeBron's shadow there.

The Gemini Method
07-05-2018, 02:13 PM
He only wants to play were Clipper nee Laker Daryl suits up. It's totally obvious.

Chucho
07-05-2018, 02:23 PM
Ship him out East. Putting Kawhi on any of those shit teams automatically puts him in the Finals the next X amount of years. Toronto wins the East hands down if they upgrade DeRozan for Leonard.

DAF86
07-05-2018, 02:28 PM
Everybody thinking Lebron would be a sell for Kawhi and ended up being the other way around. :lol

ambchang
07-05-2018, 03:15 PM
Did the LA doctors misdiagnosed his twisted forked tongue?

DMC
07-05-2018, 03:37 PM

Even Trump wouldn't lie that hard

DMC
07-05-2018, 03:39 PM
Someone should tell that autistic fuck that he's fortunate to have a job, stop counting the toothpicks as his money is probably shrinking more than Pop's old CIAcock

LkrFan
07-05-2018, 04:21 PM
Even Trump wouldn't lie that hard

:lol

InRareForm
07-05-2018, 05:29 PM
This is ridiculous

Down Under
07-05-2018, 06:51 PM
Dennis knows he's not getting traded to LA so just wants him out of this shitfight he got himself into.

MultiTroll
07-05-2018, 07:21 PM
All this blather about the LA teams and Philly.

Seems like Boston would have been the hands down favorite had LeBron gone there.
Seems like 2019-20 would be the best time for Kawhi to move. Surely the Spurs will trade him WhereEver before his contract runs out.

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2018, 07:41 PM
so now lakerfans are saying if the narrative doesnt fit their agenda, then its fake news to them...

DMC
07-05-2018, 08:57 PM
I hope the Spurs trade him to Toronto.

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2018, 11:18 PM

I'm sorry this is happening to you..Care for a glass of whine? :bobo

Chucho
07-06-2018, 12:29 AM

I'd gladly take DeRozan back. At the very worst, hes a better pure scorer than Kawhi.

DMC
07-06-2018, 12:30 AM
I'd gladly take DeRozan back. At the very worst, hes a better pure scorer than Kawhi.

Anyone healthy and willing to play is better than that faggot sitting out all year like he hung the fuckin' moon.

Chucho
07-06-2018, 12:31 AM
I'm sorry this is happening to you..Care for a glass of whine? :bobo

I laughed the last five seasons that happened to yall. Be happy being the LA Cavaliers and taking them overpriced first round exits the way you take dick, you two bit fraud.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2018, 06:32 AM
and just like that another article last night saying Kawhi doesn't want to be second fiddle to LeBron

djohn2oo8
07-06-2018, 06:41 AM
The preferred destination of Kawhi Leonard remains one of the most hotly contested subjects amongst well-regarded members of the media.

Shams Charania reported on The Herd on Tuesday that the Clippers remained in the picture for Leonard following the arrival of LeBron James with the Lakers.

In a podcast on Wednesday, Adrian Wojnarowski indicated that Leonard now finds the Clippers less appealing with James joining the Lakers as he wouldn't want to play for the less glamorous franchise in Los Angeles with the game's biggest star on the Lakers.

Michael C. Wright went in the opposite direction on Thursday to indicate that Leonard now prefers the Clippers over the Lakers.

"The Lakers are not Kawhi's preferred destination anymore," said Wright on the Back to Back Podcast. "He wants to go to the Clippers. He doesn't want to go be second fiddle to LeBron. That's what I was told and I was told by somebody who would know.

"Right now, the Clippers are where he wants to go.

"I talk to people within the Spurs organization and they're like 'Yeah, he wants to go to the Clippers but their assets are (expletive) at this point.'

"I almost think there probably is going to be a dark horse team that nobody expected to come in and pull off that trade for Kawhi."

Wright added that once James went to the Lakers, it was reported that Leonard was open to re-signing with the 76ers if he's traded there.​

ambchang
07-06-2018, 08:50 AM
Kawhi is coming out looking horrible in this thing. He accused one of the most reputable organization who had a history of taking care of its stars for rushing him back from an injury, he sat out a year to basically blackmail an organization that developed him from a fringe lottery pick with average athleticism and a questionable outside shot to an mvp candidate. He claimed he wanted to leave because thenspirs mistreated him but is forcing his way to his hometown despite both his hometown teams being bad teams and the spurs having won a championship with him. Now he’s trying to pull back because he doesn’t want to go head to head against the king nor does he want to play second fiddle to the king.

He’s looking like a total snake.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2018, 08:52 AM
Kawhi is coming out looking horrible in this thing. He accused one of the most reputable organization who had a history of taking care of its stars for rushing him back from an injury, he sat out a year to basically blackmail an organization that developed him from a fringe lottery pick with average athleticism and a questionable outside shot to an mvp candidate. He claimed he wanted to leave because thenspirs mistreated him but is forcing his way to his hometown despite both his hometown teams being bad teams and the spurs having won a championship with him. Now he’s trying to pull back because he doesn’t want to go head to head against the king nor does he want to play second fiddle to the king.

He’s looking like a total snake.

Definitely has terrible handlers.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2018, 08:52 AM
And lol Lavar already insulting Rondo.

dbreiden83080
07-06-2018, 09:16 AM
Just trade him to the 76ers already..

TDMVPDPOY
07-07-2018, 08:40 AM
how much of the trade planning was due to patfo still surrounding kawhi with wankers on loyalty contracts

while guys who kawhi played well along with or looked like some chemistry was building of some next core group, slowly each player was leaving cause patfo being a tightarse? for example simmons, dedmon

DMC
07-07-2018, 10:15 AM
If Kawhi wants to compete for a title he should go to to Philly. He'd fit right in there, no media or nothing and they only have Boston to worry about (mostly). Without Lebron there, Kawhi could be in the Finals against Golden State.

clambake
07-07-2018, 10:24 AM
If Kawhi wants to compete for a title he should go to to Philly. He'd fit right in there, no media or nothing and they only have Boston to worry about (mostly). Without Lebron there, Kawhi could be in the Finals against Golden State.

no media in philly?

TDMVPDPOY
07-07-2018, 11:05 AM

i doubt a trade will involve simmons, even if that clown is included in a trade, he will bolt to LA...isnt he dating a jenner?

namlook
07-08-2018, 12:25 AM
I think there's a lot of BS out there. Kawhi is supposed to be a lunch pail guy that doesn't want attention and wants to come to work and leave quietly. He also definitely seems like an introvert. Now he cares about Lebron being the focal point taking the spotlight away from him? It doesn't make sense. Did he have a personality transplant?

At the end of June we heard:

"A source close to #LeBron (https://twitter.com/hashtag/LeBron?src=hash) tells me that #Kawhi (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Kawhi?src=hash) Leonard reached out to James, telling him he very much wanted to play together. They spoke about Kawhi's lockdown defensive ability, which would alleviate pressure off of LeBron."

Somebody is planting fake stories to create confusion.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-08-2018, 01:45 AM

The media and fans in Philly can be brutal. If Kawhi acts like a diva there he’d get destroyed.

TDMVPDPOY
07-08-2018, 07:40 AM
what this clown has done, im surprise his still in the nba

compared to the clowns who got kick out and couldnt get back in due to character issues or just cant accept a role

DMC
07-08-2018, 09:18 AM
The media and fans in Philly can be brutal. If Kawhi acts like a diva there he’d get destroyed.

He'll have only local media, nothing like he'd see playing alongside James.

Dex
07-08-2018, 10:49 AM
He'll have only local media, nothing like he'd see playing alongside James.

Or against him. If Kawhi DOES end up going to the Clippers, you know that's going to be the narrative...The King vs. The Klaw in L.A.

So much pressure would probably crush his toddler psyche to pieces.

DMC
07-08-2018, 01:47 PM
Or against him. If Kawhi DOES end up going to the Clippers, you know that's going to be the narrative...The King vs. The Klaw in L.A.

So much pressure would probably crush his toddler psyche to pieces.

Not sure what KL is thinking, but he's damn near pot committed now. Hard to turn back.

DMC
07-18-2018, 03:36 PM

:lol