PDA

View Full Version : Gasol/Mills $28 million a year, but can't keep a Spurs legend?

hitmantb
07-06-2018, 09:40 PM
Look, I get it, Parker is not worth much more than a minimum contract at this point. But don't tell me we can't pay $4 million a year to keep a Spurs legend. I am sure if we offered $4 million Parker would have stayed.

Why $12 million a year for Mills? Why 16 million a year for Gasol who can't even stay on the floor against the Warriors, who didn't even spend his prime here and wasn't part of any of our championship runs, why give him a retirement/loyalty contract while robbing the guy who gave you everything?

The chain reaction is Manu will most likely retire, and Pop may even retire this year, having to deal with his wife's death AND Kawhi's betrayal. Or maybe it wasn't betrayal at all. Maybe our front office was the problem all along, but Duncan's greatness and sacrifice, along with Parker/Ginobil's sacrifice allowed us to do more with less than any other small market team. Kawhi has no reason to sacrifice after these two nasty contracts, and finally, a reality check.

SpursDynasty85
07-06-2018, 09:43 PM
Parker dont want to sit on the bench either. White and Murray are going to get the bulk of the minutes now. Parker will be the back up and sometimes finish with Kemba. They are a great fit. Parker said he was going to retire after this contract
Spurs did everything right.

Dex
07-06-2018, 09:44 PM
$5M a year for a 3rd/4th string PG?

No thanks...sorry Tony.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2018, 09:44 PM
Rebuilding does not have time for sentimentality.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-06-2018, 09:47 PM
Look, I get it, Parker is not worth much more than a minimum contract at this point. But don't tell me we can't pay $4-4.5 million a year to keep a Spurs legend.

Why $12 million a year for Mills? Why 16 million a year for Gasol who can't even stay on the floor against the Warriors, who didn't even spend his prime here, why give him a retirement contract while robbing the guy who gave you everything?

The chain reaction is Manu will most likely retire, and Pop may even retire this year, having to deal with his wife's death AND Kawhi's betrayal. Or maybe it wasn't betrayal at all. Maybe our front office was the problem all along, but Duncan's greatness and sacrifice, along with Parker/Ginobil's sacrifice allowed us to do more with less than any other small market team. Kawhi has no reason to sacrifice after these two nasty contracts, and finally, a reality check.

Agree. Franchise needs a fresh start in a new city with fans that can actually run a sub-7 second forty, have more team spirit than adipose tissue, and be at their seats at a clip above 40% at the start of the third quarter, tbh.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2018, 09:48 PM
Fuck you too dumbass.

dabom
07-06-2018, 09:48 PM
Fuck you too dumbass.

sasaint
07-06-2018, 09:53 PM
Look, I get it, Parker is not worth much more than a minimum contract at this point. But don't tell me we can't pay $4-4.5 million a year to keep a Spurs legend.

Why $12 million a year for Mills? Why 16 million a year for Gasol who can't even stay on the floor against the Warriors, who didn't even spend his prime here, why give him a retirement contract while robbing the guy who gave you everything?

If Pop were going to retire, he would have done it already. I am beginning to wonder whether Manu is now more likely to return. Difficult to imagine that Pop is okay with Tony and Manu both going bye-bye.

Spurtacular
07-06-2018, 10:02 PM
Gasol/Mills are legit rotation players. Parker isn't. This thread is a fail, tbh.

Stabula
07-06-2018, 10:29 PM
90 year old one legged Parker still better than Murray tbh

tholdren
07-06-2018, 10:40 PM
90 year old one legged Parker still better than Murray tbh

Murray is in the nba tho..

apalisoc_9
07-06-2018, 10:43 PM
Loyalty contract for stupid gasol for a silly amount and also mills but Parker doesnt deserve 5 per year?

Patfo i swearm

dbreiden83080
07-06-2018, 10:56 PM
He needed to retire. It was time to Move on. It just allows the spurs to fully invest in Murray.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-06-2018, 11:06 PM
I think playing time may have played a role in his decision-making. Wasn’t going to get it in SA.

But I am with you on the Gasol deal.

james evans
07-07-2018, 03:38 AM
I think almost everyone here thinks the Gasol deal was bad even when it happened. I've only seen very few who think it was a good deal and I honestly don't know why

raybies
07-07-2018, 04:11 AM
Maybe they did this so they couldn’t lol like the teams hard capping themselves so they don’t have to pay

SAGirl
07-07-2018, 04:31 PM
I think Tony got sold on more minutes and a role...

Hoops Czar
07-07-2018, 04:33 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Chillen
07-07-2018, 04:58 PM
Maybe they will go after Isaiah Thomas which is why they parted with Parker.

dabom
07-07-2018, 04:59 PM
Maybe they will go after Isiah Thomas which is why they parted with Parker.

You always say dumb shit bruh. :lol

dabom
07-07-2018, 05:00 PM
I think you're either 19-23.

Chillen
07-07-2018, 05:09 PM
You always say dumb shit bruh. :lol

It was just a joke.

I am Kobe's second number since you asked good guess.

dabom
07-07-2018, 05:11 PM
It was just a joke.

I am Kobe's second number since you asked good guess.

:lol

Pauleta14
07-07-2018, 05:30 PM
From what I heard the PT/role was the major factor.

Witch is a credit to his competitiveness, he could have stayed to sit on the bench and pick up the checks...

Sucks for the Spurs to lose so much experience/knowledge.

dabom
07-07-2018, 05:33 PM
From what I heard the PT/role was the major factor.

Witch is a credit to his competitiveness, he could have stayed to sit on the bench and pick up the checks...

Sucks for the Spurs to lose so much experience/knowledge.

It was cause the Kawhi drama. He's just saying the least hurtful cliche comment.

TheRemix
07-07-2018, 05:36 PM
Im not a fan of gasol/mills but bringing back TP wasn't going to help the spurs be competitive. Dude still wants to play and get paid so he walked. I'm cool with it the spurs need to move on and focus on the next generation of talent

tbhtbhtbhtbhtbh
07-07-2018, 10:40 PM
Agree. Franchise needs a fresh start in a new city with fans that can actually run a sub-7 second forty, have more team spirit than adipose tissue, and be at their seats at a clip above 40% at the start of the third quarter, tbh.

Been waiting a year for this......Fu anti Semite Racist. I've seen you in game threads. Waste of oxygen. TBH

UNT Eagles 2016
07-08-2018, 02:16 AM
Been waiting a year for this......Fu anti Semite Racist. I've seen you in game threads. Waste of oxygen. TBH
8 post gnsf, who the fuck are you? Drink a cup of Drano.

will_spurs
07-08-2018, 06:51 AM
the spurs need to move on and focus on the next generation of talent

Which is...?

DeRozan m8
07-08-2018, 06:55 AM
We all know it but fuck, I will never understand that Gasol contract....makes absolutely no sense.

Maddog
07-08-2018, 07:26 AM
$5M a year for a 3rd/4th string PG?

No thanks...sorry Tony.

We all know it but fuck, I will never understand that Gasol contract....makes absolutely no sense.

I never quite understood it either. Despite what many think, I feel he is still effective in certain situations.
One thing to keep inind is he is now essentially a large expiring contract. In the past those have been useful for trade.