PDA

View Full Version : One of the best offseasons since TD retired, tbh...

ElNono
07-06-2018, 09:55 PM
Everybody knew Kawhi was bitchmade going into this offseason, tbh, little bitch wouldn't even show up to the playoffs games to be with his teammates.

That said, the developments in the past 24 hours have been a great indicator that the Spurs are looking to shed some bad contracts/personnel to hopefully acquire some talent to surround LMA, tbh...

IMO, if Manu decides to come back and play out his remaining season, this could be one of the best offseasons ever, tbh...

NASpurs
07-06-2018, 09:57 PM
The shedding of the dead weight has been great and long overdue.

spursparker9
07-06-2018, 10:03 PM
Time to rebuild. No time for nostalgic feeling.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-06-2018, 10:05 PM
PATFO going full-on The Last Jedi imho

dabom
07-06-2018, 10:06 PM
:lobt2:

Dverde
07-06-2018, 10:06 PM
Your clown ass jinxed us on slo mo; spurs matching for sure now

Hoops Czar
07-06-2018, 10:07 PM
Don't count the chickens before they hatch. The Spurs have made bad offseason investments before so it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Spurs match KA's offer sheet.

TheRemix
07-06-2018, 10:07 PM
When your feeling ain't the same and your body don't want to
But you know gotta let it go
'Cause the party ain't jumpin' like it used to
Even though this might bruise you
Let it burn
Let it burn
Gotta let it burn
Deep down you know it's best for yourself but you
Hate the thought of her being with someone else
But you know that it's over
You know that it was through
Let it burn
Let it burn
Gotta let it burn

tholdren
07-06-2018, 10:09 PM
Everybody knew Kawhi was bitchmade going into this offseason, tbh, little bitch wouldn't even show up to the playoffs games to be with his teammates.

That said, the developments in the past 24 hours have been a great indicator that the Spurs are looking to shed some bad contracts/personnel to hopefully acquire some talent to surround LMA, tbh...

IMO, if Manu decides to come back and play out his remaining season, this could be one of the best offseasons ever, tbh...

Not even half st thought kl was anything but the face of the franchise until this week. I told you in 2014 fakefmvp

twilo73
07-06-2018, 10:09 PM
I’m also tired of overpaying mediocre talent.

Is there any way to shed Gasol and Patti or Green contracts?

Hoops Czar
07-06-2018, 10:14 PM

If they can pay Scrubby Mills 12M a season to scrub it up, they can certainly pay Kyle 9M to stat pad in blow out games. I'll be shocked it the Spurs don't match.

Xevious
07-06-2018, 10:22 PM
Have to admit, the last 24hrs have been interesting.

Mikeanaro
07-06-2018, 10:24 PM

Maybe, Gasol is an old slow useless fuck, there is no place for him in a fast team.

TimD
07-06-2018, 10:30 PM
Glad to know this is the best of three offseasons.

Seventyniner
07-06-2018, 10:56 PM
Way too early to say this.

SAGirl
07-06-2018, 10:59 PM
Someone calling Kyle a statpadder... now I have seen everything...

dbreiden83080
07-06-2018, 10:59 PM
I trust the organization will fully rebuild the right way. The situation with Leonard is unfortunate but fuck him. He can move on and fall flat on his face. We will rebuild.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2018, 11:00 PM
Nothing about this offseason is "best". What in the actual fuck has happened to this forum?

hater
07-06-2018, 11:02 PM
Nothing about this offseason is "best". What in the actual fuck has happened to this forum?

Player fans tbqh

Manutards are happy tony is gone and that the feeces of the maggots that ate Manures dead body are still making millions from spurs

ducks
07-06-2018, 11:15 PM

One of worse off seasons ever

hater
07-06-2018, 11:33 PM
One of worse off seasons ever

It is one of the worse but mainly cause Mute Cancer is still in the team although refusing to play

Fucking abortion of an offseason just for that. Plus add all the other guys jumping sinking ship

Mugen
07-06-2018, 11:34 PM
Easily tbh

ElNono
07-06-2018, 11:36 PM

Spurs finally shredding dead weight once it became clear Kawhi is leaving, tbh... wish they could move Pau/Patty too and get going with the rebuild.

This is the time to do it too while the Dubs dominate for the next few seasons, tbh..

Mugen
07-06-2018, 11:42 PM
^unfortunately won't happen, if the Spurs fully committed to the rebuild, they'd be in pretty damn good shape in 3-4 years tbh. I get it because Pop wants to go out coaching a playoff team but if him and RC were really franchise first, the Spurs would blow it up this summer....

DMC
07-07-2018, 12:58 AM

Still hoping Manu goes to Charlotte and takes Tony's minutes.

DMC
07-07-2018, 01:01 AM
Spurs finally shredding dead weight once it became clear Kawhi is leaving, tbh... wish they could move Pau/Patty too and get going with the rebuild.

This is the time to do it too while the Dubs dominate for the next few seasons, tbh..

They will REALLY blow it up, including Pop retiring. The Spurs cannot attract big names even when they are good. Consider when they are a 35 win team. They'll be like the Suns. Years and years of cycling through coaches and shit cornerstone players to make the playoffs, only to get curb stomped by the Monstars.

TimDunkem
07-07-2018, 01:02 AM
^unfortunately won't happen, if the Spurs fully committed to the rebuild, they'd be in pretty damn good shape in 3-4 years tbh. I get it because Pop wants to go out coaching a playoff team but if him and RC were really franchise first, the Spurs would blow it up this summer....
Truth bomb, tbh...

phxspurfan
07-07-2018, 03:10 AM

They had the chance around draft night but didn't field the Lakers' calls...

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2018, 11:22 AM
One of the best off seasons ever, if you don't count finding out your best player stopped playing for you and has done everything they can to destroy their trade value.

smdh

ElNono
07-07-2018, 11:25 AM
One of the best off seasons ever, if you don't count finding out your best player stopped playing for you and has done everything they can to destroy their trade value.

smdh

That was a known quantity going into the offseason, which I mentioned in the OP. The question on that specifically, is what did the Spurs do about it. Would they cave to uncle fucker or make them lose money? That is still an open question, but so far so good.

I don't think anybody here (except two posters, and a third with a schtick) realistically walked into this offseason with the idea that Mute Cancer was going to remain a Spur...

TheGreatYacht
07-07-2018, 11:26 AM
Won't be the best until the Mexican that gave us Laprovittola retires

jjktkk
07-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Still hoping Manu goes to Charlotte and takes Tony's minutes.

:lol

will_spurs
07-08-2018, 07:10 AM
I'm sure you'll enjoy Kawhi sitting on the bench the whole of next season while his contract kills the Spurs. More minutes for Manu!

Dex
07-08-2018, 10:37 AM
We knew this rebuild was coming at some point. We thought the presence of Kawhi would stave it off for another 5-10 years, but then he had to go and turn into a giant man-bitch and suddenly...it seems like the Post-Duncan Era is finally dawning.

Really makes you appreciate how genuine guys like Tim, Tony, and Manu really are.

BackHome
07-08-2018, 06:27 PM
People tripping that the Spurs are not title contenders after Timmy retired .....NO SHIT. We had a awesome run but get ready for reality to hit your snowflakes ass cause those days are gone. Don't get me wrong I think we can still win 50 games and get 6 to 8 seed and who knows what can happen but getting guys like Timmy and David comes once in a life time.

ElNono
07-08-2018, 06:38 PM
I'm sure you'll enjoy Kawhi sitting on the bench the whole of next season while his contract kills the Spurs. More minutes for Manu!

At this point the whole nephew situation is water under the bridge, tbh. He doesn't want to be here, the Spurs just need to wait out and pick the best offer they can get.

Assuming that situation, cutting off dead weight makes sense, tbh

SpurOutofTownFan
07-08-2018, 07:09 PM

I wonder if the Spurs can take on fuckedupshit from Clippers for Kawhi if they also take these shitty contracts with them. Maybe the Spurs would take on some of that subpar players then

pgardn
07-08-2018, 08:05 PM
It will definitely be the most interesting off season and season from a personnel point of view.
I have accepted our best player is mentally challenged so here we go without him.

NASpurs
07-08-2018, 08:08 PM
The hits keep on coming. Now to get rid of Gasol.

spurraider21
07-08-2018, 08:09 PM
letting kyle and parker walk were nice moments... but looking at our recent developments, with Gasol/Mills deals, bringing back Gay, the kawhi situation... hard to say things are going well in the scheme of things

r0drig0lac
07-08-2018, 08:16 PM
The hits keep on coming. Now to get rid of Gasol.

amem

cutewizard
07-08-2018, 09:27 PM
Guys do you like Marcus Smart?

alpha_HaZE
07-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Marcus Smart to the Spurs would be awesome! I would very much like that. Especially, if we keep Kawhi for another year. Him, Green, Gay, Kawhi and LA. That's intriguing.

alpha_HaZE
07-08-2018, 10:20 PM
letting kyle and parker walk were nice moments... but looking at our recent developments, with Gasol/Mills deals, bringing back Gay, the kawhi situation... hard to say things are going well in the scheme of things

Gasol and Mills are both solid. Gay and DJ will play better next season. Plus, we have the exciting possibilities of Beli, Derrick White, Blossom, and possibly one of Lonnie/Metu, I love them both and I think at least one of them makes the roster.

Hou will not be a contender for much longer with that contract they gave to CP3. And GSW will not be able to keep that roster together for ever.

I think the Spurs would be smart to spend time developing our youngsters next season.

spurraider21
07-09-2018, 01:34 AM
Gasol and Mills are both solid. Gay and DJ will play better next season. Plus, we have the exciting possibilities of Beli, Derrick White, Blossom, and possibly one of Lonnie/Metu, I love them both and I think at least one of them makes the roster.

Hou will not be a contender for much longer with that contract they gave to CP3. And GSW will not be able to keep that roster together for ever.

I think the Spurs would be smart to spend time developing our youngsters next season.
:lmao

cutewizard
07-09-2018, 05:39 AM

:bobo

cutewizard
07-09-2018, 05:40 AM
Marcus Smart to the Spurs would be awesome! I would very much like that. Especially, if we keep Kawhi for another year. Him, Green, Gay, Kawhi and LA. That's intriguing.

:toast

cutewizard
07-09-2018, 05:43 AM
So quiet again in Spursland........

spurs10
07-09-2018, 05:57 AM
That was a known quantity going into the offseason, which I mentioned in the OP. The question on that specifically, is what did the Spurs do about it. Would they cave to uncle fucker or make them lose money? That is still an open question, but so far so good.

I don't think anybody here (except two posters, and a third with a schtick) realistically walked into this offseason with the idea that Mute Cancer was going to remain a Spur... I’ve just taken heed in RC’s language. He doesn’t sound like he is going to cave. Obviously it was a complete mess going into the off season. I still see a scenario where they say ‘no we can’t find anything we like on a trade for a loaner, so you are lacing them up and are going to have to rehabilitate your basketball worth. Maybe even earn a supermax offer from us along the way.’ Kawhi isn’t going to sit out another season.

However I give Philly a slight edge over that panning out. The Vegas lines are reflecting the same with the Spurs just being Philly in the odds.

cutewizard
07-09-2018, 06:04 AM
I’ve just taken heed in RC’s language. He doesn’t sound like he is going to cave. Obviously it was a complete mess going into the off season. I still see a scenario where they say ‘no we can’t find anything we like on a trade for a loaner, so you are lacing them up and are going to have to rehabilitate your basketball worth. Maybe even earn a supermax offer from us along the way.’ Kawhi isn’t going to sit out another season.

However I give Philly a slight edge over that panning out. The Vegas lines are reflecting the same with the Spurs just being Philly in the odds.

Isnt the Philly doctor THE doctor who saw Kawhi?

How does that factor

spurs10
07-09-2018, 06:27 AM
Isnt the Philly doctor THE doctor who saw Kawhi?

How does that factor Who knows really? I think it might have more to do with the relationship of Brett Brown and Pop. They are tight and if something makes sense for them they can probably hash something out. I think Philly likely knows he’s good to go. If they knew something really bad about his future I doubt they would be the favorite in a trade.

cutewizard
07-09-2018, 07:07 AM
Who knows really? I think it might have more to do with the relationship of Brett Brown and Pop. They are tight and if something makes sense for them they can probably hash something out. I think Philly likely knows he’s good to go. If they knew something really bad about his future I doubt they would be the favorite in a trade.

May it be...
Lets get this over with

gambit1990
07-09-2018, 12:36 PM
agree with thread title.

other than the kawhi drama... i wanted joff, tp, anderson gone / bertans to stay :tu

spurs FO reading my mind.

cutewizard
07-10-2018, 06:20 AM
:bobo

DieHardSpursFan1537
07-11-2018, 05:56 PM
Is there anybody on here that wants the autistic mute to stay? The sooner his bitch-ass is gone from this team the better.

cutewizard
07-11-2018, 08:39 PM
Is there anybody on here that wants the autistic mute to stay? The sooner his bitch-ass is gone from this team the better.

Majority wants him gone, including both of us.....

ElNono
07-18-2018, 02:20 PM
Wow, we even got rid of Danny League apparently... nice... TheGreatYacht get in here

slick'81
07-18-2018, 03:54 PM
:toastAnd keeps getting better

Seventyniner
07-18-2018, 03:56 PM
Certainly the most upheaval the team has had in a very long time. I wouldn't call it the best though.

spurraider21
07-18-2018, 04:00 PM
Wow, we even got rid of Danny League apparently... nice... TheGreatYacht (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719) get in here
parker, anderson, danny gone

cant wait for forbes/mills/marco lineups tbh. the future is here

slick'81
07-18-2018, 04:02 PM
We soo need manu back

TheGreatYacht
08-27-2018, 01:35 PM
BUMP :wow

ElNono
08-28-2018, 03:00 AM
Still holds, IMO... Manu coming back has been a coin toss for the past couple of seasons... what I kinda hate since starting this thread is that I heard some french PG not named DeCulo wants to eventually come back to the Spurs...

Other than that, we got rid of a lot of dead weight, tbh... good time to start a rebuild now that the Dubs have this shit on lock for at least the next few seasons...

szkorhetz
08-28-2018, 03:06 AM
Still holds, IMO... Manu coming back has been a coin toss for the past couple of seasons... what I kinda hate since starting this thread is that I heard some french PG not named DeCulo wants to eventually come back to the Spurs...

Other than that, we got rid of a lot of dead weight, tbh... good time to start a rebuild now that the Dubs have this shit on lock for at least the next few seasons...
That's why the DDR trade makes zero-sense.

KDKSpurs24
08-28-2018, 03:13 AM

Rebuilding is not guaranteed to work quickly or work at all. Spurs did the right thing. I’d be damned if I’m gonna sit and watch the Spurs be a sorry ass team like the Hawks for example. That’s sports hell. And one thing you’re forgetting is that Curry gets hurt like every year around playoff time. Chris Paul always gets hurt in playoffs. Injuries happen so there’s an opportunity. Plus you have to factor in the championship mental toll it’s gonna take on them as a team and they WILL lose focus.

ElNono
08-28-2018, 03:45 AM
That's why the DDR trade makes zero-sense.

DDR puts people on seats, and might even allow the team to make the playoffs and squeeze a few more bucks. In the meantime, we have some kids developing (PG, guards, wings). Plus, it wasn't really an option in the sense that Kawhi just didn't want to be here, and you want to get relatively equal value.

Rebuilding is not guaranteed to work quickly or work at all. Spurs did the right thing. I’d be damned if I’m gonna sit and watch the Spurs be a sorry ass team like the Hawks for example. That’s sports hell. And one thing you’re forgetting is that Curry gets hurt like every year around playoff time. Chris Paul always gets hurt in playoffs. Injuries happen so there’s an opportunity. Plus you have to factor in the championship mental toll it’s gonna take on them as a team and they WILL lose focus.

Nothing is guaranteed in this sport, tbh. But once the Big 3 went down, the clock was ticking and the writing was on the wall. Not necessarily thrilled about the process, but at the same time, playing TD and Manu at 40+ only fulfills nostalgia, tbh.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-28-2018, 11:23 PM
I think we’ll see a hungry Spurs team this season. I think it will be fun.

Coach X
08-29-2018, 06:15 AM
Agree ^

And agree with OP except on Manu's retirement opinion
Nothing is guaranteed in this sport, tbh. But once the Big 3 went down, the clock was ticking and the writing was on the wall. Not necessarily thrilled about the process, but at the same time, playing TD and Manu at 40+ only fulfills nostalgia, tbh.
We watch Spurs for fun. You can't contend for the ring every single year and transition seasons are necessary. As long as the team doesn't have real championship chances, fulfilling nostalgia is absolutely fine for me and I'd have been happy with Ginobili playing another season. And probably you too ;)

Moreover, Manu's presence in the team's day to day routines would have been really good for our young players' progression and culture transmission. I don't think the timing is very good now, any other season would have provided a better no-Manu scenario. Especially after Tony's exit. Anyway, I understand Ginobili's decision and... damn, you've got to respect anything this man does.

But yeah, despite #20 goodbye and given the circumstances, offseason has been pretty good

Aldridge+DeRozan+Popovich guarantee a good regular season. There is no pressure for going far in the playoffs. Expectations are low, no media interferences, we play the underdog role again. The excitement will come from the young blood and their potential development. The leadership of the group has been transferred to the DDR-Gay crew (Pondexter is a friend of them too) with DeJounte being empowered as well and Aldridge, Mills, Gasol, Belinelli expected to keep representing the Spurs values and a solid low profile generating a good professional environment where new players can fit and youngsters can progress.

Most of us are eager for the new season to start. That says a lot about the offseason.