PDA

View Full Version : RC is the best GM in the league, hands down

dabom
07-07-2018, 02:34 PM
Any deal that occurs, I assume he did his best for the best deal, even if that means doing nothing too.

The team he created could compete without colluding fucks. That's the best you can ask.

I will appreciate what we see this coming season.

therealtruth
07-07-2018, 06:35 PM
You would think so but then you see the Warriors pull of something like getting Cousins and now Jerebko. Could those additions really not have helped the Spurs?

dabom
07-07-2018, 06:38 PM
You would think so but then you see the Warriors pull of something like getting Cousins and now Jerebko. Could those additions really not have helped the Spurs?

Durant joined a beta fucking team because donkey cried in the parking lot to join them beat the cavs and ruin the balance of basketball and Kawhi was still shitting on them with our constructed team. That's not RC's fault that the warriors players cry like little bitches and make a beta super team. :lol

Hoops Czar
07-07-2018, 07:01 PM
Pop is the GM and RC is his secretary. Ainge and Kerr would run circles around them.

tbdog
07-07-2018, 07:15 PM

We can't compete with ring jumpers. Cousins took less than pelicans. Despite being favourites for years, we rarely got ring jumpers. Perhaps Finley, Horry, Barry, Van Exel.

tholdren
07-07-2018, 07:17 PM
We can't compete with ring jumpers. Cousins took less than pelicans. Despite being favourites for years, we rarely got ring jumpers. Perhaps Finley, Horry, Barry, Van Exel.

The nba is the shittiest sport because players and fans think ring chasing is acceptable. Unprofessional players and brainless fans

rascal
07-07-2018, 07:48 PM
Pop is the GM and RC is his secretary. Ainge and Kerr would run circles around them.

Agree, Pop and RC rode the Duncan/Robinson train.
You can't lose with those two guys as the foundation.

We are seeing the team begin it's fall and struggle without Duncan now.

ducks
07-07-2018, 07:49 PM
If Leonard did not pull the crap spurs could have won the title last year without Duncan or Robinson

rascal
07-07-2018, 07:53 PM
If Leonard did not pull the crap spurs could have won the title last year without Duncan or Robinson

No way. GS was far better than the Spurs, even Houston would have beaten the Spurs. Spurs don't even get to the finals.

dabom
07-25-2018, 08:40 PM
Any deal that occurs, I assume he did his best for the best deal, even if that means doing nothing too.

The team he created could compete without colluding fucks. That's the best you can ask.

I will appreciate what we see this coming season.

Always knew RC is the best in the league hands down. :tu

dabom
07-25-2018, 08:44 PM
RC sold kawhiter at his lowest value and got a SuperStar not made of charmin. :lol

Hoops Czar
07-25-2018, 09:07 PM
RC sold kawhiter at his lowest value and got a SuperStar not made of charmin. :lol

:lmao

GB20
07-25-2018, 09:20 PM

Can you imagine what we get in return if kawhi had high value?:wow

dabom
07-25-2018, 09:25 PM

Probably young rook like simmons.

dabom
07-25-2018, 09:26 PM
Again, LA and Lakers stopped that.

apalisoc_9
07-25-2018, 09:34 PM
C'mon scrach.

RC is only better than no one.

Worse GM

Mr. Body
07-25-2018, 09:34 PM
All I wish we could have gotten was a young SF. But whatever, it wasn't possible.

We're in for years of Ira Newble and Chucky Brown once again.

bklynspursfan
07-25-2018, 09:40 PM

Agreed.

lefty
07-25-2018, 09:41 PM
The guy who gave Porker a fat pity contract?

Hoops Czar
07-25-2018, 09:47 PM
The guy who gave Porker a fat pity contract?
Then followed it up by giving Mills, Pau and Bertans pityful contract. The guy is a grade A clown.

GB20
07-25-2018, 09:47 PM
C'mon scrach.

RC is only better than no one.

Worse GM

How is he the worse if he is the one that traded for and drafted Leonard?

Hoops Czar
07-25-2018, 09:51 PM
He wanted Valenciunas but luckily he was off the board by the time the Spurs made their selection. Spurs got hella lucky.

SpurPadre
07-25-2018, 09:51 PM

The Pacers drafted Leonard, tbh .

apalisoc_9
07-25-2018, 09:53 PM
He wanted Valenciunas but luckily he was off the board by the time the Spurs made their selection. Spurs got hella lucky.

Pretty much the sole reason for their success

GB20
07-25-2018, 10:05 PM
Yes, I understand but you have to give RC credit. Kawhi could not shoot for shit when he got drafted.

DAF86
07-25-2018, 10:58 PM

Probably young rook like simmons.

Probably Tatum. :depressed

**BUSTA**
07-25-2018, 11:09 PM

Ujiri did run circles around them.

Stabula
07-26-2018, 02:33 AM
RC is probably top 3 realistically speaking

Stabula
07-26-2018, 02:35 AM
Ainge and Kerr would run circles around them.

:lmao that's like giving credit to whoever the fuck is the Laker's GM right now for landing LeBron. They're in a big market working for a franchise everyone wants to go to inherently.

alpha_HaZE
07-26-2018, 03:17 AM
If RC had the budget that magic has with the Lakers or if the Spurs had money like Dallas or Houston. Don't forget we lost lot's of good players over the years because we could not pay them. Scola is the first name that comes to mind. RC does an amazing job with the resources he has. And to be honest, DDR is not better than Kawhi but he is a better fit with the team we have. Dude can ISO and pass the ball. Kawhi can ISO but does not pass the ball at all.

SpurOutofTownFan
07-26-2018, 08:32 AM
Yes, I understand but you have to give RC credit. Kawhi could not shoot for shit when he got drafted.

Exactly. People forget Kawhi was no one. He was made who he is inside the Spurs's system, or Pop's dimension or whatever you want to call it.

rjv
07-26-2018, 09:42 AM
for a small market team in a city that is not going to attract too many free agents looking for a more dynamic and cosmopolitan area, RC has done quite well. a lot of RC haters here will just defer to the TP picks as luck but it was buford who sold pop on tony. and then there are the free agent signings , trades and picks over the years that helped put together the perfect compliments to TD: elie, kerr, purdue, bowen, horry, splitter, the nazr mohammed trade, berry, marco, splitter, george hill and the eventual trade of hill for leonard. time will tell regarding murray, white and walker but for any ST poster to act as if the spurs, with a poor owner (in comparison to some of the billionaires that are out there) not too keen on paying the threshold taxes, have a terrible GM and front office seems completely uninformed to me. imho, the spurs have maximized their return on timmy and are at least trying to pave a road for success in the near future without having to go the path of the lottery.

TheGreatYacht
07-26-2018, 11:22 AM
for a small market team in a city that is not going to attract too many free agents looking for a more dynamic and cosmopolitan area, RC has done quite well. a lot of RC haters here will just defer to the TP picks as luck but it was buford who sold pop on tony. and then there are the free agent signings , trades and picks over the years that helped put together the perfect compliments to TD: elie, kerr, purdue, bowen, horry, splitter, the nazr mohammed trade, berry, marco, splitter, george hill and the eventual trade of hill for leonard. time will tell regarding murray, white and walker but for any ST poster to act as if the spurs, with a poor owner (in comparison to some of the billionaires that are out there) not too keen on paying the threshold taxes, have a terrible GM and front office seems completely uninformed to me. imho, the spurs have maximized their return on timmy and are at least trying to pave a road for success in the near future without having to go the path of the lottery.
Stopped reading after you said Buford was behind the TP pick. Do your fucking research. Jesus Christ. That was Sam Presti, and Presti only.

TimDunkem
07-26-2018, 11:25 AM
How there are still some people here slurping this goofy looking mother fucker off is beyond me.

rjv
07-26-2018, 11:41 AM
Stopped reading after you said Buford was behind the TP pick. Do your fucking research. Jesus Christ. That was Sam Presti, and Presti only.

apparently you can't read either:

it was buford who sold pop on tony

does not equal
you said Buford was behind the TP pick.

it was R.C. who convinced popovich to give parker another workout.

Do your fucking research.

johnnymoore
07-26-2018, 11:56 AM
I applaud you guys for your loyalty.

ECOV
07-26-2018, 12:07 PM

Preach

dabom
07-26-2018, 12:08 PM
apparently you can't read either:

does not equal

it was R.C. who convinced popovich to give parker another workout.

:wow

sasaint
07-26-2018, 12:20 PM
How there are still some people here slurping this goofy looking mother fucker off is beyond me.

He is nothing more than Sir Pop's squire. But the redundancy of their recent picks/signings/dealings to create a roster of "positionless" 6'5" tweeners speaks volumes about PATFO's prowess.

GB20
07-26-2018, 12:31 PM

Really?? Name another GM that draft in the late 20's most of the time that has more success than RC?

Hoops Czar
07-26-2018, 12:58 PM

Pave the road for success in the near future? Pop and Friends just traded away the franchise for a salary dumped Demar DeRozen and if that wasn't bad enough, they threw in Danny Green +5M absolutely free. RC just sold the future for a three year rental and received no assets or building blocks for the future in return. What future? You think it was hard bringing in free agents to play for the Spurs when they're a 60 win team (though not due to location but woeful salary cap management), how hard do you think it will be for the Spurs to attract Free Agents when they're a 30 win team? The Spurs have a three year windo to win and salvage something before the 7-10 year misery begins.

sasaint
07-26-2018, 01:10 PM
Pave the road for success in the near future? Pop and Friends just traded away the franchise for a salary dumped Demar DeRozen and if that wasn't bad enough, they threw in Danny Green +5M absolutely free. RC just sold the future for a three year rental and received no assets or building blocks for the future in return. What future? You think it was hard bringing in free agents to play for the Spurs when they're a 60 win team (though not due to location but woeful salary cap management), how hard do you think it will be for the Spurs to attract Free Agents when they're a 30 win team? The Spurs have a three year windo to win and salvage something before the 7-10 year misery begins.

Not a defense of PATFO, however, I do take issue with your narrative. Poodle is a piece for the future. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he shows me otherwise with his play this season. Also, this team is much better than a 30-win team - much closer to 50. The current roster is potentially much better than the one that actually played last season.

sasaint
07-26-2018, 01:22 PM
Exactly. People forget Kawhi was no one. He was made who he is inside the Spurs's system, or Pop's dimension or whatever you want to call it.

Tbh, it was a perfect marriage of prospect and system. Everybody who ever spent time around Number 2 stated he was the hardest-working, most determined gym rat they ever saw. His willingness to work that hard within that system created a unique synergy that resulted in a superstar on the court. 'Tis a pity the system didn't synergize with his psyche to achieve analogous results in character.

Hoops Czar
07-26-2018, 01:22 PM
Not a defense of PATFO, however, I do take issue with your narrative. Poodle is a piece for the future. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he shows me otherwise with his play this season. Also, this team is much better than a 30-win team - much closer to 50. The current roster is potentially much better than the one that actually played last season.
Reread my post. In three years when DeRozen leaves, They'll be stuck with a 35 year old LMA and no players to build around unless you suscribe to theory that believes Lonnie Walker and DJ will become future stars that other stars will want to play alongside. This will be a 30 win team.

About Poodle, this isn't the 1990's. There's a reason teams are shifting away from the traditional center and going with a stretch 5 or 4/5 hybrid. He has no range, isn't super athletic, doesn't spread the floor and doesn't rebound particularly well. He'll be virtually unplayable against teams like the Warriors.

rascal
07-26-2018, 01:29 PM
All I wish we could have gotten was a young SF. But whatever, it wasn't possible.

We're in for years of Ira Newble and Chucky Brown once again.

Sure it was possible on draft night. The spurs should have gone hard at Phil for that number 10 pick.

sasaint
07-26-2018, 01:32 PM
Reread my post. In three years when DeRozen leaves, They'll be stuck with a 35 year old LMA and no players to build around unless you suscribe to theory that believes Lonnie Walker and DJ will become future stars that others stars will want to play alongside. This will be a 30 win team.

About Poodle, this isn't the 1990's. There's a reason teams are shifting away from the traditional center and going with a stretch 5 or 4/5 hybrid. He has no range, isn't super athletic, doesn't spread the floor and doesn't rebound particularly well. He'll be virtually unplayable against teams like the Warriors.

Three years from now let's talk. Three years ago, nobody was projecting Number 2's departure. They are currently a better looking team on paper than the team that actually played last season. They are set for a certain level of success. I don't think they are set to compete for a chip, but they will compete at a level that most franchises aspire to. I wish we had never signed LMA, and I am holding my breath on Poodle. Nonetheless, this team is set up to compete at a certain level. Btw, 75-80% of the league are not effectively playable against the GS All-Stars.

rascal
07-26-2018, 01:41 PM

When you get Duncan you don't need to be all that great of a gm. We will see how great RC is moving forward in the next years.

rascal
07-26-2018, 01:43 PM
Reread my post. In three years when DeRozen leaves, They'll be stuck with a 35 year old LMA and no players to build around unless you suscribe to theory that believes Lonnie Walker and DJ will become future stars that other stars will want to play alongside. This will be a 30 win team.

The Spurs will have some new players on the team in three years. A lot can and will change.

I do believe Spur fans are delusional in thinking that PATFO are so great that the Spurs won't be headed for some really down years.

sasaint
07-26-2018, 01:46 PM
The Spurs will have some new players on the team in three years. A lot can and will change.

Exactly. I have no idea who among the current players will be here in three years. Might be an interesting, speculative thread to start...

Hoops Czar
07-26-2018, 01:49 PM
When you get Duncan you don't need to be all that great of a gm. We will see how great RC is moving forward in the next years.
Indeed. Just in the last two years I think we've learned a lot. He likes to hand out candy ass contracts to sub par role players while destroying future cap space and since the Kawhi trade, We've learned he cracks under pressure.

SpursDynasty85
07-26-2018, 04:51 PM
Indeed. Just in the last two years I think we've learned a lot. He likes to hand out candy ass contracts to sub par role players while destroying future cap space and since the Kawhi trade, We've learned he cracks under pressure.

What free agents would've came to SA? I'm sure if they needed a top free agent they would've gotten him. Usually agreements are well in place ahead of time.

ginobilized
07-26-2018, 05:29 PM
PATFO draft people. Other teams draft players.
Spurs have drafted exceedingly well for their system.
Character is huge and as important or more important than height, vertical, etc. to Spurs.
Every once in a while there’s a bad fit, but rarely.

MultiTroll
07-26-2018, 05:42 PM
What free agents would've came to SA? I'm sure if they needed a top free agent they would've gotten him. Usually agreements are well in place ahead of time.
Catch 22.
We'll never know what FA's might have come to San Antone prior to the Retard Team handing out candy to Paddy Gasol.
At the time we had Prime Kawhi doing MVP stuff.

True, none of the top FA contracts seemed to expire in a timely fashion so as to be available. 'Brow Davis, etc.
Will never know if LeBron would have considered SA for one year. Perhaps AIDs Inc. had some incredible movie deal under the table in place years ago.

SpursDynasty85
07-26-2018, 06:06 PM
Catch 22.
We'll never know what FA's might have come to San Antone prior to the Retard Team handing out candy to Paddy Gasol.
At the time we had Prime Kawhi doing MVP stuff.

True, none of the top FA contracts seemed to expire in a timely fashion so as to be available. 'Brow Davis, etc.
Will never know if LeBron would have considered SA for one year. Perhaps AIDs Inc. had some incredible movie deal under the table in place years ago.

Yep and the people who would know best are the ones that made the decisions you are criticizing? Catch 22 indeed.

MultiTroll
07-26-2018, 11:17 PM
Yep and the people who would know best are the ones that made the decisions you are criticizing? Catch 22 indeed.
I and many boardies will criticize Patty and Gasol contracts all day and night.
It was horrible moves. Period.
There is no justifying it.

sasaint
07-26-2018, 11:34 PM
PATFO draft people. Other teams draft players.
Spurs have drafted exceedingly well for their system.
Character is huge and as important or more important than height, vertical, etc. to Spurs.
Every once in a while there’s a bad fit, but rarely.

Character is a huge part of all of the Spurs' player acquisition strategies - drafting, trades and free agency. While it may be true that very few FAs really want to come to San Antonio, the reverse is also true. There simply aren't many FAs who have the character that the Spurs look for. I think that's one reason that they tend to sign older FAs rather than take fliers on young guys. Older guys are usually more stable - even family men - less interested in night life than most younger guys. I suspect that was an important consideration in PATFO's decision to pursue the Toronto trade rather than a deal with the Clips or Sixers. PATFO probably values DeRozan more than we know.

BillMc
07-27-2018, 03:53 AM

Which is why it was weird he apparently said in that March team meeting he would do anything for the players, but not the organization.

The organiszation includes the assistant coaches who worked on your game everyday, and the Holt family giving you 18 million+ to play a game for a living. Show's a lack of perspective on KL's part. Success went to his head, Dwight Howard style.