PDA

View Full Version : Can PATFO stop sitting on their asses and do something already?!

SpurPadre
07-07-2018, 05:07 PM
I know next season is meaningless in terms of a title opportunity but just do something already instead of settling on Belinelli, losing our greatest PG of all-time, begging Manu for "uno mas" and calling it a day. We can start with, oh, I dunno, figuring out where to ship that piece of shit wearing, appropriately, number #2.

BatManu20
07-07-2018, 05:09 PM
Hot take.

RGMCSE
07-07-2018, 05:11 PM
They are. There killing the lakers and kawhi at the same time.

SpurPadre
07-07-2018, 05:13 PM
I'm just tired of this fucker on this team and want him out ASAP.

Chillen
07-07-2018, 05:17 PM

Spurs either looking to keep him and work things out or waiting for best deal to come along. They will not move him ASAP just to please us internet trolls.

venitian navigator
07-07-2018, 05:31 PM
I think that we're gonna know nothing before the 16th of this month.
As corrently builded, this team is a play offs team...damn, they've been in play offs without Parker for a big part of the year and Leonard for all the year.
Imho we're still at the point where Kiwhi and his staff would be dumb to not sign a contract with us...too much money involved they are never gonna see again, also if we don't give the entire max.
Imho they have to match Kyle and let them know this way we are still triyng to compete...
Then, if they stubbornely decide to not sign, and still demand to be traded, my option (except we find some trade partner with an offer we really like...) is let him play...so he can have some value back also for other teams.
Then go for the trade at the deadline for the best possible package, no matter what the player wants (and so he'll lose other 40 millions if the destination is not the one he's confortable with).

The point is that if we trade Kiwhi, the season as championship contenders is gone, and makes no sense to play veterans again (so we have to shop them too)...the Kiwhi trade determine the future choices...except the Kyle one (probably followed by the Bertans one) that we have to take care now because of the offer sheet.

DieHardSpursFan1537
07-07-2018, 05:38 PM
Very weird situation as the days continue to roll by. No idea what's gonna happen

Dverde
07-07-2018, 05:42 PM
They already lost the best possible deal. We’ll be lucky to get a starting player and a future first round pick back now.

therealtruth
07-07-2018, 06:31 PM
I know. You would think the Warriors came up short last year with all the moves they're making. That's another part of the reason the Spurs never repeated. Too content to stand pat when you could be make moves to improve.

cd98
07-07-2018, 06:35 PM
Spurs have to percolate on Kawhi as frustrating as that is. But they are in a bind on Anderson. If they could X Kawhi off the list, then the Anderson call would be easy. But with Kawhi a question mark and the need for a SF, Spurs are going to have to make a tough decision on whether or not to match Anderson's offer with little time to decide.

rascal
07-07-2018, 08:18 PM
They already lost the best possible deal. We’ll be lucky to get a starting player and a future first round pick back now.

Agree
The Spurs moved too slow to trade KL.
They were not serious in trading him and now offers are drying up. That draft day Clipper deal looks good now. The Spurs could have Porter and Miles Bridges on the roster. Or something even better had they wanted to make a draft day trade.

Phil contacted Phoenix on draft night in the Mikal Bridges trade. Looks like had the Spurs been ready to trade KL they could have called Phil first since Phil showed desire in getting KL and gotten Mikal Bridges and Saric and Covington from Phil and that would have been a good haul for KL.

Hoops Czar
07-07-2018, 08:20 PM
RC can't take a shit and talk at the same time. When the Kawhi saga ends, he'll fill out the roster. Too bad there won't be anything left but D-league fillers by the time this ends.

Stabula
07-07-2018, 08:29 PM
Jehovah is a false god.

rascal
07-07-2018, 08:31 PM
Spurs have to percolate on Kawhi as frustrating as that is. But they are in a bind on Anderson. If they could X Kawhi off the list, then the Anderson call would be easy. But with Kawhi a question mark and the need for a SF, Spurs are going to have to make a tough decision on whether or not to match Anderson's offer with little time to decide.

Don't worry, the Spurs are conservative so the conservative thing is to sign Anderson.
Keep things the same as much as possible is the conservative move.

That is also why Leonard has not been traded yet. They want to keep him but KL is making that difficult and putting PATFO in an uncomfortable position(being that they are very conservative) that maybe they are going to have to shake up the roster with a major trade.
The conservative move is to keep the roster the same as much as possible.

99 Problems
07-07-2018, 09:15 PM
It’ll happen, decision makers on both sides just having a summer league look before signing off.

BackHome
07-07-2018, 09:21 PM
Good things come to those who wait.

rascal
07-07-2018, 09:29 PM
Good things come to those who wait.

Not always. Sometimes the window of opportunity shuts if you wait too long.
You can move too slow with women and get totally shut out.

Budkin
07-07-2018, 09:30 PM
I'm loving our offseason so far. Looking forward to Kawhi showing up to training camp.

TekXX
07-07-2018, 11:50 PM

What deal was that again?

rascal
07-08-2018, 04:20 PM
What deal was that again?

Mikal Bridges, Covington and Saric could have got it done for Leonard if the Spurs wanted it. I like that deal for the Spurs. The spurs won't get anything as good now.

The Clipper deal was good. Miles Bridges and Michael Porter could be on the Spurs. Willing to take the gamble on Porter because he has huge upside star potential and Miles Bridges is very good. Porter may sit out most of this year in recovery. Next year they get Porter and the Spurs lottery pick so Spurs are in a good rebuild position adding players with upside.

cutewizard
07-08-2018, 10:41 PM
Jehovah is a false god.

Every so called god is a false god, tbh

SnakeBoy
07-08-2018, 10:47 PM
PATFO have been sitting on the asses ever since suckering LMA into coming here. Why would they stop now?

SpursDynasty85
07-08-2018, 10:48 PM
They did. Rudy Gay at $10M/yr was a steal and they nabbed him quickly. Shows a veteran and former all star does like the Spurs.

cutewizard
07-08-2018, 10:52 PM
They did. Rudy Gay at $10M/yr was a steal and they nabbed him quickly. Shows a veteran and former all star does like the Spurs.

:bobo

jbspurs
07-08-2018, 11:08 PM
I think that we're gonna know nothing before the 16th of this month.
As corrently builded, this team is a play offs team...damn, they've been in play offs without Parker for a big part of the year and Leonard for all the year.
Imho we're still at the point where Kiwhi and his staff would be dumb to not sign a contract with us...too much money involved they are never gonna see again, also if we don't give the entire max.
Imho they have to match Kyle and let them know this way we are still triyng to compete...
Then, if they stubbornely decide to not sign, and still demand to be traded, my option (except we find some trade partner with an offer we really like...) is let him play...so he can have some value back also for other teams.
Then go for the trade at the deadline for the best possible package, no matter what the player wants (and so he'll lose other 40 millions if the destination is not the one he's confortable with).

The point is that if we trade Kiwhi, the season as championship contenders is gone, and makes no sense to play veterans again (so we have to shop them too)...the Kiwhi trade determine the future choices...except the Kyle one (probably followed by the Bertans one) that we have to take care now because of the offer sheet.

:bang Glad PATFO didn't match!

TekXX
07-09-2018, 12:23 AM
Anderson and Parker gone, i'd say they've done some decent work so far.

cutewizard
07-09-2018, 06:05 AM
Do more moves Spurs??

rascal
07-09-2018, 02:34 PM

Former all star is the key word here.

Outside of Aldridge(first star free agent signing in 20 years) the Spurs get players on the downside or role players at best.
Spurs need the draft to get top end talent because they don't sign star free agents or like to make trades for potential allstar talented players.

That is why a trip to the lottery for a couple of years is the best option for the Spurs to rebuild.

spurraider21
07-09-2018, 02:39 PM
i dont think gay was a "steal" by any stretch. we signed him at 8 mil/yr and i dont even think he lived up to that, let alone the 2 mil raise he's not gotten. but i dont mind since its just a 1 year deal.

SpursDynasty85
07-09-2018, 02:41 PM
Former all star is the key word here.

Outside of Aldridge(first star free agent signing in 20 years) the Spurs get players on the downside or role players at best.
Spurs need the draft to get top end talent because they don't sign star free agents or like to make trades for potential allstar talented players.

That is why a trip to the lottery for a couple of years is the best option for the Spurs to rebuild.

Screw that. Rebuilding would be demoralizing especially after this Kawhi fiasco. Two years of lottery plus 2 more years of mediocrity? I dont want to wait 4 or 5 years to compete again. We can compete imo. Warriors probably will need an injury or two but that's usually how teams win championships. A little luck. Would rather stay in the hunt.

cutewizard
07-09-2018, 03:40 PM
Guys, do ypu like Derozan or Fultz??

RAPTORs or Sixers for kawhi

Spurtacular
07-09-2018, 03:43 PM
I know next season is meaningless in terms of a title opportunity but just do something already instead of settling on Belinelli, losing our greatest PG of all-time, begging Manu for "uno mas" and calling it a day. We can start with, oh, I dunno, figuring out where to ship that piece of shit wearing, appropriately, number #2.

You in a hurry to reach mediocrity? Spurs are best off waiting and hoping Kawhi has a change of heart. And with Lebron taking up his coveted alpha Laker spot, it may be a possibility.

Just let it play out; find something to take your mind off it.

Arcadian
07-09-2018, 03:52 PM
What do you want them to do exactly? Other GMs aren't lining up at the door with generous offers.

exstatic
07-09-2018, 05:23 PM
Anything 'done' now would be for absolute crap. Tighten the screws on The Group by making Kawhi report to camp, and maybe they consider other teams that he would sign with. That would increase the yield of the trade, but it takes time.

ducks
07-09-2018, 05:24 PM
tighten that bra

kaji157
07-10-2018, 08:32 AM
Well, looking for landing spots for Gasol and Mills and or what would they have to give to get rid of those two would be something we all would like them to try.
Also looking for a few more reliable bigs would send a message that they are not sitting on their assess.
From sometime now it seems that the Spurs have fallen in love in their own ways a little too much, considering that it had not translated in titles since the big 3 stopped being the core of the team.

pgardn
07-10-2018, 08:41 AM

This is exactly why this board is so much fun to read.

People criticize the FO and coaching whilst having a panic attack (not necessarily the author). If this board chose certain members to try and run a lemonade stand it would be a disaster. Honestly wonder how anyone has a job that entails making contemplative decisions.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-10-2018, 09:06 AM
This thread is just reaffirmation most Spurs fans are idiots.

No one wants the bad deals of Gasol or Patty without assets coming too. Ready to trade Kawhi or Murray? That's the only way those happen.

You all whine and want us to trade marginal talent for all stars as if it's some sort of video game and there aren't competent GMs on the other side of trade talks.

cutewizard
07-11-2018, 08:41 PM
This thread is just reaffirmation most Spurs fans are idiots.

No one wants the bad deals of Gasol or Patty without assets coming too. Ready to trade Kawhi or Murray? That's the only way those happen.

You all whine and want us to trade marginal talent for all stars as if it's some sort of video game and there aren't competent GMs on the other side of trade talks.

:bobo

cutewizard
07-11-2018, 08:42 PM
What is preventing us from bringing in Milutinov??