PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard Appreciation thread....

apalisoc_9
07-07-2018, 11:46 PM
With Kawhi Leonard gone from San Antonio, lets look back at some of his best moments.

:claw

Two time defensive player of the year

And his to superstardom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZaUp4bugbk

What was your favourite kawhi moment?

apalisoc_9
07-07-2018, 11:47 PM
When everyone did the Claw sign. Almost made me cry

:cry

FkLA
07-07-2018, 11:51 PM
https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/camby.png

TekXX
07-07-2018, 11:51 PM
Fillipinos have small dicks.

Leetonidas
07-07-2018, 11:52 PM
Bye Felicia

apalisoc_9
07-07-2018, 11:55 PM
My FMVP and DPOY

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/mjcry1.png

spursparker9
07-08-2018, 12:02 AM
Top 5 Spur behind Tim, David, Manu, Tony

DJR210
07-08-2018, 12:10 AM
:lol a time when his teammates liked him

RsxPiimp
07-08-2018, 12:17 AM

yeah like a tic tac. want us to freshen your breath?

Play Boban
07-08-2018, 12:23 AM
Yeah, no.

apalisoc_9
07-08-2018, 12:30 AM

Ignore him breh. He's a coon.

Likes to bring down his own kind to get a pat in the back from Mr. Simpson just like a pet dog. Wish d30 would slap this coons out of existant. Embarrasing.

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/scust.png

apalisoc_9
07-08-2018, 12:31 AM
Lakers is so lucky to get kawhi in 2019 for damn free.

Its not fair.

-21-
07-08-2018, 12:34 AM

Be careful what you say. You don't wanna end up like Kickert.

-21-
07-08-2018, 12:35 AM

:lol

Joseph Kony
07-08-2018, 12:36 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/334.gif

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-08-2018, 01:53 AM
He’s still got a year to play.

phxspurfan
07-08-2018, 01:58 AM
With Kawhi Leonard gone from San Antonio, lets look back at some of his best moments.

Two time defensive player of the year

And his to superstardom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZaUp4bugbk

What was your favourite kawhi moment?

Notable quotes from his finals MVP acceptance speech:

"I had a great group of guys behind me...that I would later abandon in their time of need."

"They just pushed me...and the last time they pushed me I couldn't handle it and lashed out and quit on the team"

"They seen I had the talent and could go out there every night...but then I flew to New York after checking with 7 doctors who all said I was fine but I was selfish and didn't want to play and earn my 20 million dollars for 5 months of playing a kids game...which just happens to be 300 times what an educated person in San Antonio makes per year"

Pavlov
07-08-2018, 02:04 AM
The "Please don't ask me about det done deal" thread.

TheGreatYacht
07-08-2018, 08:56 AM
He made up his mind at 12:01am last year. He saw the Spurs were no longer attempting to compete, and only wanted a squishy family where everyone can "frog" and watch BBC documentaries. No reason for him to waste his prime carrying mummies only for the credit to go to craterface

Proud of him!

james evans
07-08-2018, 10:46 AM
He made up his mind at 12:01am last year. He saw the Spurs were no longer attempting to compete, and only wanted a squishy family where everyone can "frog" and watch BBC documentaries. No reason for him to waste his prime carrying mummies only for the credit to go to craterface

Proud of him!
I'm definitely proud of him. Had Timmy done it sooner, Popovich would have wasted away. Still a spurs fans, but as some don't like Kawhi's practices, and I'm not saying they are right, I hate the way the Spurs do things sometimes. That Gasol signing still doesn't make any sense.

TheGreatYacht
07-08-2018, 10:51 AM
I'm definitely proud of him. Had Timmy done it sooner, Popovich would have wasted away. Still a spurs fans, but as some don't like Kawhi's practices, and I'm not saying they are right, I hate the way the Spurs do things sometimes. That Gasol signing still doesn't make any sense.
I remember PATFO fluffers claiming the Fatty & Fatsol contracts were for their loyalty and that their culture and locker room presence were irreplaceable :lol

Well the locker room has never been in a bigger mess and the team looks like a deer infront of headlights when away from the AT&T Center.

It's almost like those contracts didn't make any sense basketball wise and were only given because they're yes men to Pop.

TVI
07-08-2018, 10:52 AM
What was your favourite kawhi moment? All the moments where he wasn't a little bitch traitor who turned his back on the team who made him who he is.

Vito Corleone
07-08-2018, 10:58 AM
Spurs are still the smartest and best run franchise in all of sports. They don't have the resources of franchises in Cities like LA or NY but they get the job done and do it efficiently. For Kawhi to bail on this team, when it has shown him nothing but loyalty is a complete stab in the back and reveals more about his character than it does about the franchise.

I'm perfectly fine with watching this team go through some lean years if it gets them talent with character. Good leadership trumps talent any day of the week. This is why guys like Jerry West goes to a different place and that team starts winning shortly after.

The Spurs are in rebuild mode because they put their trust in a low character guy, I don't fault them for this because he had us all fooled. I have no doubt Kawhi is going to be great for the rest of his career, but he will never make up the money he is about to lose because of his character.

offset formation
07-08-2018, 11:00 AM
Lakers is so lucky to get kawhi in 2019 for damn free.

Its not fair.

Potato, potatoe

hooperflash
07-08-2018, 11:00 AM
When he became a father.

spursistan
07-08-2018, 11:04 AM
"Done deal" :lol

apalisoc_9
07-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Its been a done deal. Only a matter time for the announcement

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/manny.png

r0drig0lac
07-08-2018, 11:09 AM
I remember PATFO fluffers claiming the Fatty & Fatsol contracts were for their loyalty and that their culture and locker room presence were irreplaceable :lol

Well the locker room has never been in a bigger mess and the team looks like a deer infront of headlights when away from the AT&T Center.

It's almost like those contracts didn't make any sense basketball wise and were only given because they're yes men to Pop.

offset formation
07-08-2018, 11:13 AM

You have among the worst basketball takes on this board. Congratulations on your idiocy.

apalisoc_9
07-08-2018, 11:15 AM

https://www.thecoli.com/media/damn.13514/full?d=1496787526

offset formation
07-08-2018, 11:20 AM

You realize the board now collectively sees you as the bullshitter you are, right? You're a putz. A troll. The board, err casuals, know it. If that's the way you want to waste your pitiful existence, then you'rel even sadder than I already know.

Leetonidas
07-08-2018, 11:20 AM
^ :lmao

spurraider21
07-08-2018, 11:23 AM
Guys Danny greens new contract to be signed next year is a done deal. Not gonna tell you which team or what terms. But done deal. Only announcement is left

spursistan
07-08-2018, 11:35 AM

The "Please don't ask me about det done deal" thread.

:lol

Ice009
07-08-2018, 11:36 AM

To who? Say it now. Put it on record.

BD24
07-08-2018, 11:51 AM
Guys Danny greens new contract to be signed next year is a done deal. Not gonna tell you which team or what terms. But done deal. Only announcement is left
Thanks man, is the source that guy you told me about?

tholdren
07-08-2018, 11:57 AM
You realize the board now collectively sees you as the bullshitter you are, right? You're a putz. A troll. The board, err casuals, know it. If that's the way you want to waste your pitiful existence, then you'rel even sadder than I already know.

Lol. Come on. The best part about the board, the only good part, is the trolling and posting nonsense. Relax, and dont take this forum seriously.

cjw
07-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Top 5 Spur behind Tim, David, Manu, Tony

Iceman would like a word with you. And don’t claim “but playoff success!” as Gervin didn’t do too poorly himself without help.

Kawhi over the first two Aldridge years was outstanding. But if you leave the team in your mid-20s, it limits where you stack up.

james evans
07-08-2018, 12:11 PM
You have among the worst basketball takes on this board. Congratulations on your idiocy.
Yet you use your time to respond to someone that you feel is an idiot/stupid for a response. Now, if you feel someone is stupid but you are vying for the attention of that idiot waiting a response hoping a debate, exactly what does that make you?

offset formation
07-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Lol. Come on. The best part about the board, the only good part, is the trolling and posting nonsense. Relax, and dont take this forum seriously.

Spamming the board is not enjoyable for me. I come here to read serious posters give their basketball information and knowledge and give a bit of my own. I don't even mind the posters that also post gobbledygook as long as they are also here to contribute to the discussion. Then there's auntfocker. And the trolls like him. I get nothing from them except nausea.

offset formation
07-08-2018, 12:18 PM
Yet you use your time to respond to someone that you feel is an idiot/stupid for a response. Now, if you feel someone is stupid but you are vying for the attention of that idiot waiting a response hoping a debate, exactly what does that make you?

It makes me observant of idiocy.

You took up 4 pages with flat out racist diatribes on a different thread, took Kawhi's side over PATFO despite his alignment with exactly the kind of people you (and I) seemingly despise, etc., and then topped it off with wishing the GOAT coach was gone. You're all over the fucking map man.

I'd finally had enough.

apalisoc_9
07-08-2018, 12:20 PM
Mods trying to edit my post per par

Edit: The Jelousy never ends.

Joseph Kony
07-08-2018, 12:21 PM

You took up 4 pages with flat out racist diatribes on a different thread, took Kawhi's side over PATFO despite his alignment with exactly the kind of people you (and I) seemingly despise, etc., and then topped it off with wishing the GOAT coach was gone. You're all over the fucking map man.

I'd finally had enough.
it's the crack tbh. they always say you're not supposed to dip into your own supply

spursistan
07-08-2018, 12:35 PM
To who? Say it now. Put it on record. apalisoc_9

james evans
07-08-2018, 01:01 PM

You took up 4 pages with flat out racist diatribes on a different thread, took Kawhi's side over PATFO despite his alignment with exactly the kind of people you (and I) seemingly despise, etc., and then topped it off with wishingwere a racist the GOAT coach was gone. You're all over the fucking map man.

I'd finally had enough.
And you’ve responded yet again to someone that you feel is inferior to your intellect Wanting a debate. Lol

offset formation
07-08-2018, 01:10 PM
And you’ve responded yet again to someone that you feel is inferior to your intellect Wanting a debate. Lol

Hey jackwad, who said anything about wanting a debate. This isn't debatable. You're a gotdamn joke. I'm merely pointing out your idiocy and calling out the lame ass conflicting points you tried to make. And only after about 5 pages of biting my tongue.

james evans
07-08-2018, 01:27 PM
Hey jackwad, who said anything about wanting a debate. This isn't debatable. You're a gotdamn joke. I'm merely pointing out your idiocy and calling out the lame ass conflicting points you tried to make. And only after about 5 pages of biting my tongue.
And he responds yet again :lol

Biggems
07-08-2018, 01:39 PM
I have been a huge KL fan since he got here. I loved the defense. I loved the quiet demeanor. I loved the HEB commercials.

I am no longer a fan. I am ok with him wanting out and wanting to go back to Cali. I am not ok with the bitch way he is doing it. Just nut up like a man, go to the team and tell them what is what. Don't fucking act like Carmen San Diego and make us go on some stupid ass scavenger hunt to find a grown ass basketball player. He acts like he is either hiding out from the law or a secret agent. What a ridiculous jackass he turned out to be.

If he is on the team next season, and actually plays, I will root for the jersey, but not the cowardly bitch wearing it.

GO SPURS GO

Payote75
07-08-2018, 01:45 PM
As much as I hate the gasol contract and all the other loyalty contracts the Spurs have given out to their players over the years it shows you how over the years not only have they overcome being a small market successful organization but a model one at that. so now with that being said this is the one player or the one time they totally blew there whole way of existence their culture their way of life they chose this instance with this one franchise player who up until now was beloved adored admired and revered by fans the face of the franchise the torch taker but the Spurs just had a meeting and said lets change our rep for street cred and blow it all to shit lets betray our franchise player lets blow it and him up we are tired of being the roll model franchise in all of sports lets just set up for our failure we deserve to go back into the lottery too.....it really just takes two seconds of common sense to realize this wasn't all the Spurs doing yes they might of done some small things differently maybe cause not every individual is the same but for gods sake this is all on kiwi for not speaking and being a child and of course his crooked group. Leaving all these media experts out and tweets just look at the obvious tradition success and respect or what kiwi and his group are doing I hope everything works out for the Spurs as they come first but I cannot wait to see how the rest of his career works out for him and his group and honestly I don't wish him the best after what he has done to this organization and most importantly us the fans. Thanks for the title and thanks for screwing us as well....it's like being happily married for 10 years but then your wife cheats and takes you to the cleaners to boot but your supposed to do right by her cause the court says. Im sure the Spurs will do right by this dope but if they don't it would make me happy.

JPB
07-08-2018, 01:57 PM
you see that key named "Enter"...

Pavlov
07-08-2018, 02:56 PM
Take white players very seriously though. Do not relax when it comes to white players.

Ron Swanson
07-08-2018, 03:01 PM
Kawhi has been on a plane circling LAX for three days now.

Payote75
07-08-2018, 03:43 PM
Does it matter as long as you know how to read???????

coachmac87
07-08-2018, 03:48 PM

Lmao burn

KimmyGib
07-08-2018, 04:59 PM
Considering his plummeting trade value, this should be a Kawhi Leonard depreciation thread.

Though, I will appreciate it when the foul stench of Uncle Dennis and his Number Two leaves San Antonio for good.

DMC
07-08-2018, 05:19 PM
Thanks man, is the source that guy you told me about?

Fuckin' Wojtek

DMC
07-08-2018, 05:21 PM
As much as I hate the gasol contract and all the other loyalty contracts the Spurs have given out to their players over the years it shows you how over the years not only have they overcome being a small market successful organization but a model one at that. so now with that being said this is the one player or the one time they totally blew there whole way of existence their culture their way of life they chose this instance with this one franchise player who up until now was beloved adored admired and revered by fans the face of the franchise the torch taker but the Spurs just had a meeting and said lets change our rep for street cred and blow it all to shit lets betray our franchise player lets blow it and him up we are tired of being the roll model franchise in all of sports lets just set up for our failure we deserve to go back into the lottery too.....it really just takes two seconds of common sense to realize this wasn't all the Spurs doing yes they might of done some small things differently maybe cause not every individual is the same but for gods sake this is all on kiwi for not speaking and being a child and of course his crooked group. Leaving all these media experts out and tweets just look at the obvious tradition success and respect or what kiwi and his group are doing I hope everything works out for the Spurs as they come first but I cannot wait to see how the rest of his career works out for him and his group and honestly I don't wish him the best after what he has done to this organization and most importantly us the fans. Thanks for the title and thanks for screwing us as well....it's like being happily married for 10 years but then your wife cheats and takes you to the cleaners to boot but your supposed to do right by her cause the court says. Im sure the Spurs will do right by this dope but if they don't it would make me happy.

https://pressbooks.com/app/uploads/sites/52244/2017/10/Punctuation_What-if-I-told-you.jpg

FireMicoHalili
07-08-2018, 05:28 PM
Did you just offer to get blown by another man? And come in his mouth? Bakla amputa :lol expected nothing less from a Laker fan.

also is this the kind of guy you’re backing up? The one Lakers Ground fawns over? :lol http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173333&highlight=sex+with+aunt

FireMicoHalili
07-08-2018, 05:31 PM

What are your sources, PinoyMarauder? I’m amazed a Filipino all the way up in Canada has so many connections to the Spurs. Are you Cory Joseph’s sidechick?

Down Under
07-08-2018, 06:36 PM
He'll re-sign

Payote75
07-08-2018, 06:58 PM
https://pressbooks.com/app/uploads/sites/52244/2017/10/Punctuation_What-if-I-told-you.jpg

Lol there's some punctuation in there, besides if you know how to read you get the gist.....i would much prefer to get your opinions rather than your grammatical corrections.

hooperflash
07-08-2018, 08:24 PM
He'll re-sign

SpursDynasty85
07-08-2018, 08:26 PM
Cant appreciate what appears to be back stabbing and borderline blackmail.

DMC
07-08-2018, 08:27 PM
Lol there's some punctuation in there, besides if you know how to read you get the gist.....i would much prefer to get your opinions rather than your grammatical corrections.

Well I don't know what he plans to do but he could decide to stay in sanantonio but he might not so well have to see if he does if so then hes going to have a hard time adjusting to the amount of shit that will be coming his way for being a diva in the off season although diva talent beats nondiva no talent at least most of the time either way the spurs dont have a snowballs chance in hell of winning anything in the next 5 years with or without leonard so its a moot point but i guess people still need to discuss it as if it really makes or breaks the spurs it doesnt that was done when durant went to golden state and now that boogies there its even more done even if he never plays a game just because hes not on some other team the Lakers will be trying to figure out their system if they even have one and all the la spotlight will be on them so the warriors can putz around under the radar just a bit while lebron and his island of misfit toys get luke fired and drag in someone else maybe eric spoelstra would consider coming to la or pop even its really hard to say but i don't see luke staying there for long as anything other than a mouthpiece heck maybe stan van gundy would come in there either way the spurs had a good run for many years and now they are just hanging onto residual hope for something that almost cannot happen i guess well see though its going to be most fun watching the shit show in la

Payote75
07-08-2018, 10:37 PM
Well I don't know what he plans to do but he could decide to stay in sanantonio but he might not so well have to see if he does if so then hes going to have a hard time adjusting to the amount of shit that will be coming his way for being a diva in the off season although diva talent beats nondiva no talent at least most of the time either way the spurs dont have a snowballs chance in hell of winning anything in the next 5 years with or without leonard so its a moot point but i guess people still need to discuss it as if it really makes or breaks the spurs it doesnt that was done when durant went to golden state and now that boogies there its even more done even if he never plays a game just because hes not on some other team the Lakers will be trying to figure out their system if they even have one and all the la spotlight will be on them so the warriors can putz around under the radar just a bit while lebron and his island of misfit toys get luke fired and drag in someone else maybe eric spoelstra would consider coming to la or pop even its really hard to say but i don't see luke staying there for long as anything other than a mouthpiece heck maybe stan van gundy would come in there either way the spurs had a good run for many years and now they are just hanging onto residual hope for something that almost cannot happen i guess well see though its going to be most fun watching the shit show in la

Lmfao "island of misfit toys" is spot on and I agree I do have Spurs colored glasses on always. I think if they get back a Kylie Irving draft pick and smart in sign and trade they still a good young team and we have a shot of resigning from a good place not resigning from a gun to our heads or us begging etc. I am so hoping for a Irving trade and just put a full court press on him make him feel like he belongs he did live in Texas and if he stayed you know Butler might sign here as well. Long term if philly gives us fultz, saric, Kokomo (whatever his name is) bolden and picks that's fine two as all those young pieces I feel could work especially if chip rebuilds fultz shot. Factor those young players with our own and there is something there. My first choice to remain good is Irving trade and obviously the sixers trade is fine too if we going rebuild.

Ice009
07-09-2018, 12:44 AM
I have been a huge KL fan since he got here. I loved the defense. I loved the quiet demeanor. I loved the HEB commercials.

I am no longer a fan. I am ok with him wanting out and wanting to go back to Cali. I am not ok with the bitch way he is doing it. Just nut up like a man, go to the team and tell them what is what. Don't fucking act like Carmen San Diego and make us go on some stupid ass scavenger hunt to find a grown ass basketball player. He acts like he is either hiding out from the law or a secret agent. What a ridiculous jackass he turned out to be.

If he is on the team next season, and actually plays, I will root for the jersey, but not the cowardly bitch wearing it.

GO SPURS GO

Same as me. The defense, first and foremost is why I loved Kawhi. The offense was just icing, especially the level he got to in 2017. Really disappointed in the way that he's handled all of this. It's totally bitchmade.

AztecSpur
07-09-2018, 09:08 AM
I agree he hasn't handled it well, but as a fan it's the attachment we had with his meteoric rise and his humble demeanor and we feel betrayed. The only explanation I can come up with is he buckled under the pressure he may never see that multi year $200 million contract. Can you imagine the pressure of being so close to all that money and then have this dang nagging quad with you 24 hrs a day telling you your career may be over. I would go absolutely bezerk. I think that's why he's so unwisely handed everything over to his Uncle. And I think Kawhi doesn't even really know if he'll ever be that player again....as so are all the teams that are vying for his services, and why they seem so interested at first but then things fall apart and the interest fades....Ala Boston & Lakers.

I think Kawhi will be forced to play out his last year to show he can still play before anyone will give him that big deal or trade anyone of real value to the spurs to get him. And I don't think Lebron wants Kawhi unless he knows he can play.

look_at_g_shred
07-09-2018, 09:33 AM
Will always be my 3rd fav spurs of all time

Pavlov
07-09-2018, 10:24 AM
Nah, he's down there with Rodman now.