PDA

View Full Version : The white walker

antarescrane
07-08-2018, 07:56 PM
Guys, this looks like a very exciting back court doesn't it? White at PG, and Walker at SG. I think they have lots of potential. Maybe Murray can play a Marcus Smart role.

kobyz
07-08-2018, 08:23 PM
Does white have an all star potential? Can he reach a Gilbert arenas type player level?

antarescrane
07-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Does white have an all star potential? Can he reach a Gilbert arenas type player level?

Well, let's hope White doesn't bring any weapons into the locker room! I think he can be a Malcolm Brogdon type of player, starting point guard on a contender.

BSfromTX
07-08-2018, 09:21 PM
White should be able to run the point while doing most of the things Kyle did as a point fwd
I will really be excited to see how White does this year. I have a feeling Pop is going to give the young guys big minutes.
not so sure walker starts over Murray though

jbspurs
07-08-2018, 11:23 PM
I am still waiting for White to develop a mindset of not giving on a play whenever the ball gets stolen from him or his shots get blocked. He needs to get back on playing D, not jog and give easy layup to other teams. I want him to become a young Devin Harris!

phxspurfan
07-08-2018, 11:53 PM

He's not the shooter Gilbert is

dbestpro
07-08-2018, 11:54 PM
White looks like he will get some productive minutes, but I don't think it will be more than 15 per game unless he goes off. Walker will spend the year in Austin. He has much to learn and is not the sure thing that many of us had hoped.

HarlemHeat37
07-09-2018, 12:06 AM
If White looks decent, Pop will be forced to give him minutes since there won't be a roadblock, fortunately..assuming Manu retires, Mills is the only guard who has guaranteed minutes from Pop, regardless of performance..

That's one of the few encouraging things, entering next season, sadly:lol

bdictjames
07-09-2018, 12:11 AM
Walker looks pretty unpredictable and creative. We might have the next lite-Manu. :lol

Down Under
07-09-2018, 01:05 AM
Probably not all star potential because of lack of speed & athleticism but handles, shot, vision, footwork looks like he could be a pretty solid starter.

alpha_HaZE
07-09-2018, 01:17 AM
Guys, this looks like a very exciting back court doesn't it? White at PG, and Walker at SG. I think they have lots of potential. Maybe Murray can play a Marcus Smart role.

White would be excellent next to both DJ and Patty Mills. Lonnie has shown potential, but he has long ways to go before he becomes staring material.

kobyz
07-09-2018, 07:59 AM
He's not the shooter Gilbert is

But everyone braving his feathery touch on jumper...

picnroll
07-09-2018, 08:03 AM
If Manu retires, he and White appear to be the only Spurs’ players that can get their own shots. That’s based in summer league play, not real NBA play and minus mid to low post banging by LA.