PDA

View Full Version : WSOP 2018

Fabbs
07-10-2018, 10:34 AM
Tuned in last night to see what the latest was.

Enough of Kelly Minkin already.
She's an okay player, but ESPNs obvious pimping her including some real dumbphuck moves by opponents to keep her in is wearing thin.

Prior to her being gifted a large hand, guy named Mosbock did a great job calling her semi bluffs out. Minkin with 22 tried to get him off 10/J after a flop of 10. He called her bets and then they both checked on the river for a 1.2 mil pot. Dropped her from 3.2 to 2.6 and he passed her going up to 2.7.

Campo does basically the exact same thing with Q/10 after Minkin tried to bluff him with her 6/5 off after a Queen flop.
Our ESPN media princess is now down to 1.7.

Here is where the shit hits: After dropping further from the above to 1.6 million thus the lower 20% of the stack sizes, Minkin draws KK small blind special.
Babyface Shorr draws Q9 suited on the button.
Minkin 3 bets to 340K. Shorr calls, which is okay since he was already in for 120K or so.

Flop Minkin does a C-bet of 285.

Shorr does the dumb all in. She snap calls. He picks up an up and down on the turn but misses on the river.
Pumps her right back up to 3.2 Very poor timing by Shorr, much too risky at this point. He had no need to try with his stack size pre flop.

So she is right back in the cameras and they will continue to kiss her ass for as long as she is in. :rolleyes

Flop is

Fabbs
07-10-2018, 10:40 AM
Babyface aka Shannon Shorr
http://www.wsop.com/images/imagestore/__Selected/se3321af434.jpg

Fabbs
07-10-2018, 10:42 AM
Kelly Minkin
https://www.cardschat.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Kelly-Minkin_2016-World-Series-of-Poker_EV68_Day1_Amato_7DA9468.jpg
She's the last woman in.

Fabbs
07-10-2018, 10:50 AM
Cliff Joesephy with KK getting 2 outed on the river by AK sucked.

Then again, it is the World Series of Suck Outs.

Blake
07-10-2018, 10:57 AM
Yeah I'll never get how people can watch people play cards.

I guess it's a bit of drama and suspense but....it's cards.

SpursforSix
07-10-2018, 11:56 AM
Babyface aka Shannon Shorr
http://www.wsop.com/images/imagestore/__Selected/se3321af434.jpg

"Babyface"...LOL.

Awww...you have such a retarded looking baby!

spurraider21
07-10-2018, 12:20 PM
Yeah I'll never get how people can watch people play cards.

I guess it's a bit of drama and suspense but....it's cards.
i followed the main events for a year or two. it got pretty boring

Floyd Pacquiao
07-10-2018, 12:24 PM
Any elite highstake pros left?

Chucho
07-10-2018, 12:54 PM
i followed the main events for a year or two. it got pretty boring

The only poker show I ever had fun watching was a celebrity poker show and the only episode I watched was because I saw Norm McDonald was playing. Suffice it to say, Norm> most of anything on TV to be fair.

spurraider21
07-10-2018, 01:19 PM
The only poker show I ever had fun watching was a celebrity poker show and the only episode I watched was because I saw Norm McDonald was playing. Suffice it to say, Norm> most of anything on TV to be fair.
i remember watching the world series the year that aussie dude was in it and the crowd was always going nuts with aussie chants

monosylab1k
07-10-2018, 01:58 PM
At least recently there’s been some decent poker players winning the Main Event. There was a long run of dogshit players winning it for a while.

Fabbs
07-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Any elite highstake pros left?
Depends.
If you mean some of the main *name* faggots, ie Helmuth, Daniel ******ano, then no.

However here are some "notables" still alive who have previous suck out experience:
France’s Benjamin Pollak finished day five with 5,715,000. The 2017 main event third-place finisher took home $3,500,000 last year, and is looking to add to his $8,866,323 in career earnings with another deep run. Other recognizable names still in contention include bracelet winner Barry Hutter (5,695,000), two-time bracelet winner Eric Froehlich (5,365,000), Ivan Luca (4,580,000), Shannon Shorr (2,915,000), another three-time bracelet winner in Shaun Deeb (2,610,000), Yueqi Zhu (2,210,000) and James Obst (1,730,000).

tlongII
07-10-2018, 04:57 PM
Wha?

Floyd Pacquiao
07-10-2018, 05:43 PM
Depends.
If you mean some of the main *name* faggots, ie Helmuth, Daniel ******ano, then no.

However here are some "notables" still alive who have previous suck out experience:
France’s Benjamin Pollak finished day five with 5,715,000. The 2017 main event third-place finisher took home $3,500,000 last year, and is looking to add to his $8,866,323 in career earnings with another deep run. Other recognizable names still in contention include bracelet winner Barry Hutter (5,695,000), two-time bracelet winner Eric Froehlich (5,365,000), Ivan Luca (4,580,000), Shannon Shorr (2,915,000), another three-time bracelet winner in Shaun Deeb (2,610,000), Yueqi Zhu (2,210,000) and James Obst (1,730,000).

:lol Hulmuth getting tilted is one of the better things in poker.
Honestly though I would've liked to see Phil Ivey make it another day, I generally like watching that sociopath play.
Patrik Antonius too.

Imo Pollak is the player from the notables that I'd peg to make the final table I reckon.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-10-2018, 08:17 PM
Depends.

International players... meh. Except for a couple guys from like Australia like Negreanu. But non English speakers are just meh.

I miss the days of Hellmuth, Ivey, Seidel, Chan, Neg, Ferguson etc... even ol' Doyle before he finally hung 'em up.

TDMVPDPOY
07-10-2018, 11:15 PM
is negreanu aussie? i thought he was yank

InRareForm
07-11-2018, 09:42 AM
Lot of bracelet winners still in it

Can't believe Pollack folded his trip Ks on a AKK62 board with no flush draws

InRareForm
07-11-2018, 09:44 AM
International players... meh. Except for a couple guys from like Australia like Negreanu. But non English speakers are just meh.

I miss the days of Hellmuth, Ivey, Seidel, Chan, Neg, Ferguson etc... even ol' Doyle before he finally hung 'em up.

Ferguson the guy who stole people's money from full tilt?

Fabbs
07-11-2018, 09:58 AM
Ferguson the guy who stole people's money from full tilt?
That's the lil bitch yep.

Video statement from Ferguson regarding Black Friday.
:lol obviously written by his defense liarwyer.
https://www.pokernews.com/news/2018/05/chris-ferguson-apology-30874.htm

Fabbs
07-11-2018, 10:00 AM
is negreanu aussie? i thought he was yank
Canadian

Fabbs
07-11-2018, 10:17 AM
Lot of bracelet winners still in it

Can't believe Pollack folded his trip Ks on a AKK62 board with no flush draws
At what point? Flop turn river?

LaMarcus Bryant
07-11-2018, 10:53 AM
Whatever happened to Chris Moneymaker he dominated and pillaged every person effortlessly

http://www.wsop.com/images/all_player_images/Tomer_Benvenisti.jpg

InRareForm
07-11-2018, 11:00 AM
At what point? Flop turn river?

No preflop raise .. river bet Pollack bet 425k he got reraised to 1.5 million.

Fabbs
07-11-2018, 11:13 AM
No preflop raise .. river bet Pollack bet 425k he got reraised to 1.5 million.
That board the only hand that could beat him is AAA.

Fabbs
07-11-2018, 11:30 AM
Whatever happened to Chris Moneymaker he dominated and pillaged every person effortlessly

He is now a moderator on SpursTalk.

RGMCSE
07-11-2018, 06:46 PM
Tom Dwan is one of the greatest poker players I've ever seen. He's just as skilled or better than Phil Ivey. He doesn't play small time tourneys like the world series of poker though. Last I heard he's spent years in Macau playing with whales for millions.

h7mnmp4YFXY

dabom
07-11-2018, 08:07 PM

thats not him. :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
07-11-2018, 08:33 PM
Tom Dwan is one of the greatest poker players I've ever seen. He's just as skilled or better than Phil Ivey. He doesn't play small time tourneys like the world series of poker though. Last I heard he's spent years in Macau playing with whales for millions.

h7mnmp4YFXY

:lol limping in with suited A-rag and falling into quad aces (a less than 1 in 10,000 possibility you get quads in any given hand) against board-full-of-pocket pair is NOT "great poker", it's great luck and pretty mediocre poker honestly. A5suited is the type of hand you mostly only play in position or in certain circumstances, and it's not a very good hand unless you're playing heads up (only two handed).

The next to last one was the only legit example of actually good poker. Great analysis by him to get the guy to fold a middling hand given the strange board.

The last one was sheer luck, and the video maker should be ashamed of himself for putting it on his "highlights" video.

RGMCSE
07-11-2018, 09:59 PM
:lol limping in with suited A-rag and falling into quad aces (a less than 1 in 10,000 possibility you get quads in any given hand) against board-full-of-pocket pair is NOT "great poker", it's great luck and pretty mediocre poker honestly. A5suited is the type of hand you mostly only play in position or in certain circumstances, and it's not a very good hand unless you're playing heads up (only two handed).

The next to last one was the only legit example of actually good poker. Great analysis by him to get the guy to fold a middling hand given the strange board.

The last one was sheer luck, and the video maker should be ashamed of himself for putting it on his "highlights" video.

Poker is about luck sometimes so I don't know why your discounting it. He has great analysis of each hand and situation hes in. I've seen him time and time again display amazing Poker skill. Whether its protecting the blind or reading his opponents hand and or weakness even when he knows he's beat. He is a great poker player. This is one video. I've watched this guy over the years. Go see more for your self. But you cant tell me hes not great at playing poker.

Just look at what he does to Phil Ivey in a cash game.

fSqkhN9Rqk0

UNT Eagles 2016
07-11-2018, 11:41 PM
Poker is about luck sometimes so I don't know why your discounting it. He has great analysis of each hand and situation hes in. I've seen him time and time again display amazing Poker skill. Whether its protecting the blind or reading his opponents hand and or weakness even when he knows he's beat. He is a great poker player. This is one video. I've watched this guy over the years. Go see more for your self. But you cant tell me hes not great at playing poker.

Just look at what he does to Phil Ivey in a cash game.

fSqkhN9Rqk0
That was a pretty sick bluff, but it worked because Ivey was basically drawing dead (or so he thought) with 3 overcards already on the board... rivers a pair of 6's, whoopty-doo, nobody except a fish is going to call that for the most part.

It's pretty well known that the situation of two or more (in this case, 3) overcards on the board without an ace is a prime time to bluff. In this case Ivey had the ace so pocket aces for Dwan was less likely, but after the flush draw misses, Dwan is counting on Ivey to not have a K, or something like AJ. On a dry-ish board like that, a made pair of K's or even Q's could easily be the nuts. Bluffing a dryish board takes more skill than, say, bluffing when the 3rd of a suit or 4th card to a straight comes up on the river. But there's no way Ivey or any elite TAG player can call with only a made pair of 6's, it loses to just about everything else.

The GOAT bluffs are when someone gets the other guy to lay down his ...pocket aces/kings, set, top two pair, straight, flush, etc.

As for the luck, I was referring to the previous video where he shoves all in with a mediocre hand, draws nearly dead on the flop, and runner runners the miracle. That isn't skill, that might as well be trip 7's....on a slot machine.

AaronY
07-11-2018, 11:49 PM
UNT Eagles is going to go so broke playing poker lmao

UNT Eagles 2016
07-12-2018, 12:14 AM
UNT Eagles is going to go so broke playing poker lmao

I actually won $10 Million on zynga in 4 hours a few years back, playing about 7-8 sit 'n' go's of various increments.

I bluff on scare cards pretty much all the time, because it's always different players and everyone is anonymous because it's through facebook. And just about everyone playing is a fish who doesn't care, half of them just shove all in preflop in the first few hands just to get rich or get the match the hell over with.

Chucho
07-12-2018, 12:35 AM
I actually won $10 Million on zynga in 4 hours a few years back, playing about 7-8 sit 'n' go's of various increments.

I bluff on scare cards pretty much all the time, because it's always different players and everyone is anonymous because it's through facebook. And just about everyone playing is a fish who doesn't care, half of them just shove all in preflop in the first few hands just to get rich or get the match the hell over with.

As in the fake game Zynga?

RGMCSE
07-12-2018, 02:00 AM
That was a pretty sick bluff, but it worked because Ivey was basically drawing dead (or so he thought) with 3 overcards already on the board... rivers a pair of 6's, whoopty-doo, nobody except a fish is going to call that for the most part.

It's pretty well known that the situation of two or more (in this case, 3) overcards on the board without an ace is a prime time to bluff. In this case Ivey had the ace so pocket aces for Dwan was less likely, but after the flush draw misses, Dwan is counting on Ivey to not have a K, or something like AJ. On a dry-ish board like that, a made pair of K's or even Q's could easily be the nuts. Bluffing a dryish board takes more skill than, say, bluffing when the 3rd of a suit or 4th card to a straight comes up on the river. But there's no way Ivey or any elite TAG player can call with only a made pair of 6's, it loses to just about everything else.

The GOAT bluffs are when someone gets the other guy to lay down his ...pocket aces/kings, set, top two pair, straight, flush, etc.

As for the luck, I was referring to the previous video where he shoves all in with a mediocre hand, draws nearly dead on the flop, and runner runners the miracle. That isn't skill, that might as well be trip 7's....on a slot machine.

You can over think it all you want. Those are two skilled as fuck players and your trying to discount one when I know this player is just as skilled or better than Ivey. He put Ivey in a no win situation even though he had the pair. Dwan straight up has the balls to bluff Ivey with nothing in a cash game. This is real money we’re talking and he had the bonafide stones to bluff one of the best. That was not an accident. If you look up more vids of dwan he makes people fold sets and then tells them they had the set after they fold while he holds the lesser hand. This guy ain’t no joke. But you believe what you want to.

InRareForm
07-12-2018, 09:31 AM
Joe cada has a chance to be a double Main event winner wow

InRareForm
07-12-2018, 09:54 AM
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/07/world-series-of-poker-main-event-final-table-2018-nicolas-manion-antoine-labat-rich-zhu-all-in-video

Wild

Darth_Pelican
07-12-2018, 10:33 AM
Phil Hellmuth just won his 15th bracelet. $5,000 entry No Limit HoldEm, 452 entrants

https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/23022-phil-hellmuth-wins-15th-gold-bracelet-in-2018-world-series-of-poker-5-000-turbo-no-limit-hold-em-event

Fabbs
07-12-2018, 10:53 AM
NBA errrr WSOP gonna fine Donkey Green errr Helmuth for this?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/07/world-series-of-poker-main-event-2018-curses-during-hand-james-campbell-alex-kuzmin-video

UNT Eagles 2016
07-12-2018, 09:36 PM
You can over think it all you want. Those are two skilled as fuck players and your trying to discount one when I know this player is just as skilled or better than Ivey. He put Ivey in a no win situation even though he had the pair. Dwan straight up has the balls to bluff Ivey with nothing in a cash game. This is real money we’re talking and he had the bonafide stones to bluff one of the best. That was not an accident. If you look up more vids of dwan he makes people fold sets and then tells them they had the set after they fold while he holds the lesser hand. This guy ain’t no joke. But you believe what you want to.
Dwan is one of the better modern players I'm not discrediting him. That was a very well played hand. I was mocking the first video for being mostly luck. But you're right on Dwan who is up there with Ivey. Neither have a "ring" but both are always up there doing their thing and make big money outside the main event in cash games.

So I'm not disagreeing with you after all.

But.....there is that 3rd & 18 thingy.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-12-2018, 09:41 PM
Phil Hellmuth just won his 15th bracelet. $5,000 entry No Limit HoldEm, 452 entrants

https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/23022-phil-hellmuth-wins-15th-gold-bracelet-in-2018-world-series-of-poker-5-000-turbo-no-limit-hold-em-event
I consider Hellmuth to be the GOAT of poker even though he only has one "ring". He has like a million bracelets and the analytics of every situation just pop straight into his brain like he's a robot or something, and well before analytics was even a thing. Also his rants whenever he does get coolered or bad beat are the GOAT poker temper tantrums. He hasn't had one like that in awhile though until the other day.

There are many others up there... Doyle (2 rings), Chan (2 rings), Ungar (3 rings), Moss (3 rings) and even some of the more modern players like Ivey, Dwan, Negreanu... but some of the older repeat winners do get kind of penalized because there was a lot less competition back then, sort of like Bill Russell's Celtics run of dominance.

AaronY
07-12-2018, 10:46 PM
definitely going broke

RGMCSE
07-13-2018, 01:58 PM
?
Dwan is one of the better modern players I'm not discrediting him. That was a very well played hand. I was mocking the first video for being mostly luck. But you're right on Dwan who is up there with Ivey. Neither have a "ring" but both are always up there doing their thing and make big money outside the main event in cash games.

So I'm not disagreeing with you after all.

But.....there is that 3rd & 18 thingy.

You talking about this?

XGCfF406mOw

Man fuck you! :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
07-13-2018, 11:34 PM
?

You talking about this?

XGCfF406mOw

Man fuck you! :lol

uh, uh.

&, Small Balls Doug for not going for the kill at 4th & inches just shy of midfield, up 20-10 midway thru the 4th.

redzero
07-15-2018, 10:57 AM
Pocket Aces losing to 10-8. :lol

That was long as fuck, though. Over 10 hours.

InRareForm
07-16-2018, 11:32 AM
Heads up no limit is so boring to watch but the first 2 hours I watched was decent. If he called that 7 high bluff that would have been legendary by cynn

Silver&Black
07-17-2018, 04:25 AM
Finally saw the final hand....

Can't believe that dude slow-rolled him for the championship. I know they played a long ass time and were tired, but you don't do that shit.

And don't even tell me it wasn't a slow-roll. Don't want to hear that shit either. I will bitch slap anybody who tries to tell me otherwise.