PDA

View Full Version : YouTube to Fund Handpicked ‘Authoritative News Sources’ and Push Them on Users

Chris
07-10-2018, 08:39 PM
tl/dr youtube is pushing vox news in to your feed among other liberal media outlets that are approved by Google (CNN, etc..)

YouTube to Fund Handpicked ‘Authoritative News Sources’ and Push Them on Users

https://media.breitbart.com/media/2017/05/youtube-Susan-Wojcicki-AP-640x480.jpg

Following similar announcements by Facebook and Apple, YouTube has announced that it will directly fund a selection of handpicked “authoritative news sources”, which it will then artificially promote to its users.
YouTube announced the plan in a blog post earlier today. The company revealed that one of the news organizations they plan to collaborate with is Vox Media, owner of Vox, The Verge, Polygon, and other publications known for far-left bias.

Google, YouTube’s parent company, has already committed $300 million to fund “quality journalism,” without any transparency as to what the company considers “quality journalism,” who makes the decision, or how.

YouTube will commit $25 million to funding news. This will include a working group with news organizations and “experts” around the world to help the site develop new product features.

YouTube also promises to provide grants to news organizations, on an application basis, “across approximately 20 global markets to support news organizations in building sustainable video operations.” YouTube says the grants “will enable our partners to build key capabilities, train staff on video best practices, enhance production facilities and develop formats optimized for online video.”

Following other Silicon Valley companies that have decided their users are too stupid to choose news sources for themselves, YouTube also said it will “prominently surface authoritative sources” for users.

By directly funding news content which it will then deliberately privilege on its platform, YouTube, like other Silicon Valley companies, is moving away from its former status as a neutral platform. It now risks being categorized as a publisher, with its own editorial line and its own point of view on what constitutes “authoritative” and “quality” news. If YouTube is legally categorized as a publisher, it will be legally liable for all content hosted on the site — a potentially costly liability that neutral online platforms are not subject to.

On this, YouTube is following the lead of other Silicon Valley masters of the universe, including Apple and Facebook. The latter recently announced it will partner with 80 undisclosed publications to produce exclusive news content ahead of the midterm elections.

Caving in to pressure from corporate media, including Rupert Murdoch, Facebook said it would directly fund news programming, including shows from CNN’s Anderson Cooper and from far-left outlet Mic.com.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/07/10/youtube-to-fund-handpicked-authoritative-news-sources-and-push-them-on-users/

Pavlov
07-10-2018, 08:40 PM
:lol Breitbart shook

Chris
07-10-2018, 08:41 PM

Also Netflix and Disney

Pavlov
07-10-2018, 08:43 PM
Hey Chris, do you have any reputable sources carrying this story?

hater
07-10-2018, 08:50 PM
Old news

Google and twatter also on board

CIA has ordered them to do it

That is why EU is already splitting from US on this issue

US will be more like China/Russia and lest like rest of the West

Shithole country

And its not liberal vs conservative. They will push whatever the deep state wants to push

monosylab1k
07-10-2018, 08:51 PM
:tu terrific idea

Pavlov
07-10-2018, 08:52 PM
Old mews

Shithole countryIs your Press TV source owned by the Iranian government?

Chris
07-10-2018, 08:52 PM
Old news

Shithole country

And its not liberal vs conservative. They will push whatever the deep state wants to push

China is already in bed with Hollywood and our colleges. Trump came along just in time.

SnakeBoy
07-10-2018, 09:00 PM
Democrats need all the help they can get tbh.

Look forward to them spending lots of time and money pushing liberal narratives only to have them destroyed overnight by a meme.

monosylab1k
07-10-2018, 09:14 PM
Democrats need all the help they can get tbh.

Look forward to them spending lots of time and money pushing liberal narratives only to have them destroyed overnight by a meme.

Do you jerk off to memes and lulz too?

AaronY
07-10-2018, 09:23 PM
Snakeboy is like 55 and he spends his days "triggering the libtards" so I'd guess yes

AaronY
07-10-2018, 09:24 PM
Snakeboy's poor wife driving him around in the car while he sits in the passenger seat and uses his smartphone giggling and saying to himself "oop triggered meself another libtard!" and then squirming in Ecstasy. sad scene tbh

AaronY
07-10-2018, 09:25 PM
or do you do it separately? like after dinner you retire upstairs with a glass of wine to sit at your desktop computer in your office and enjoy some good libtard triggering?

SnakeBoy
07-10-2018, 09:26 PM
Djohn is on the rag today

AaronY
07-10-2018, 09:26 PM
Seriously set the scene for us bro

AaronY
07-10-2018, 09:27 PM
Djohn is on the rag today
lol

AaronY
07-10-2018, 09:27 PM
I triggered some bernie bro libtards on twitter but its annoying because I come back the next day and theyre untriggered so then I have to go do it all over again

monosylab1k
07-10-2018, 09:30 PM
Snakeboy's poor wife driving him around in the car while he sits in the passenger seat and uses his smartphone giggling and saying to himself "oop triggered meself another libtard!" and then squirming in Ecstasy. sad scene tbh

or do you do it separately? like after dinner you retire upstairs with a glass of wine to sit at your desktop computer in your office and enjoy some good libtard triggering?

:lmao

SnakeBoy
07-10-2018, 09:31 PM
Seriously set the scene for us bro

Check for Spurs news
trigger lib
Go on about my business

Really looking like there won't be any need to check for Spurs news soon, we fucked. You'll miss me when I'm gone.

monosylab1k
07-10-2018, 09:33 PM
Oh fuck :cry one less manbaby here for teh lulz? How will we ever survive? :cry

AaronY
07-10-2018, 09:36 PM
Check for Spurs news
trigger lib
Go on about my business

Really looking like there won't be any need to check for Spurs news soon, we fucked. You'll miss me when I'm gone.
WHat device do you use and where are you situated at? does your wife every ask you what youre giggling at?

AaronY
07-10-2018, 09:37 PM
"You see hun theres these things called libtards and I have to go around triggering them.."

Th'Pusher
07-10-2018, 09:49 PM
WHat device do you use and where are you situated at? does your wife every ask you what youre giggling at?

You realize his wife earns the nut in his house? She’s got no time to be giggling about his triggering strategy. She’s busy working.

Oh, and he calls Fox News the “nightly news” :lol

SnakeBoy
07-10-2018, 10:01 PM
You realize his wife earns the nut in his house? She’s got no time to be giggling about his triggering strategy. She’s busy working.

Oh, and he calls Fox News the “nightly news” :lol

I haven't used that line in seems like years...and you're still triggered by it :lol

and it was Sean Hannity is the nightly news get it straight 'pusher.

Th'Pusher
07-10-2018, 10:03 PM
I haven't used that line in seems like years...and you're still triggered by it :lol

and it was Sean Hannity is the nightly news get it straight 'pusher.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/business/economy/women-as-family-breadwinner-on-the-rise-study-says.html

SnakeBoy
07-10-2018, 10:44 PM
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/business/economy/women-as-family-breadwinner-on-the-rise-study-says.html

Yeah I remember you saying your wife was the primary breadwinner. Nothing wrong with that.

SnakeBoy
07-10-2018, 10:50 PM

My computer. I only see her an hour or so each night during the week so no she doesn't ask.

Are you giggling thinking "Man, I'm really sticking it to Snakeboy by accusing him of posting on an internet forum for his own personal enjoyment"

AaronY
07-10-2018, 11:47 PM
My computer. I only see her an hour or so each night during the week so no she doesn't ask.

Are you giggling thinking "Man, I'm really sticking it to Snakeboy by accusing him of posting on an internet forum for his own personal enjoyment"
I did laugh to myself a few times while posting itt yes. I crack myself up frequently as I am pretty hilarious in my humble opinion to be quite honest for what its worth

SnakeBoy
07-10-2018, 11:48 PM
I did laugh to myself a few times while posting itt yes. I crack myself up frequently as I am pretty hilarious in my humble opinion to be quite honest for what its worth

Be sure to tell your wife about it man

AaronY
07-11-2018, 12:08 AM
Be sure to tell your wife about it man
Lmao

ElNono
07-11-2018, 12:13 AM
boycott google?

AaronY
07-11-2018, 12:14 AM
boycott google?
Were talking about snakeboys embarrassing retirement hobbies and what his successful career oriented wife thinks of them now. Try to stay on topic

SnakeBoy
07-11-2018, 12:25 AM
Were talking about snakeboys embarrassing retirement hobbies and what his successful career oriented wife thinks of them now. Try to stay on topic

Oh is that what you were asking? She's thinks I'm an asshole in general but I make her laugh.

She also thinks I'm a genius because out of dumb luck I ended up sitting on almost a quarter million in cash in late summer 2008. Anyone with an iq over 60 could have done the rest but I don't tell her that.

Chucho
07-11-2018, 12:28 AM
Snakeboy gets a big fat W in this thread.

AaronY
07-11-2018, 12:37 AM
Lol how so?

AaronY
07-11-2018, 12:39 AM
The fact that he nay have been successful in life would only make his retirement hobbies more embarrassing lol

SnakeBoy
07-11-2018, 12:46 AM
The fact that he nay have been successful in life would only make his retirement hobbies more embarrassing lol

psst you have the same hobby

AaronY
07-11-2018, 12:58 AM
Im in college im supposed to be half a moron lol

Hopefully i wont be doing this in my golden years

SnakeBoy
07-11-2018, 12:59 AM
psst you have the same hobby

Although it's not really a hobby, to openly say what you are doing and why you are doing it and still get the expected responses, that's like some science shit. If only there was a poster who could shed some light on conditioned responses.

SnakeBoy
07-11-2018, 01:09 AM
Im in college im supposed to be half a moron lol

Hopefully i wont be doing this in my golden years

Pretty sure ST and message boards will be gone by then. You can tell the grandkids about the good ole days.

Chucho
07-11-2018, 01:10 AM
Snakeboy getting Ws. Dubyas. Det fat victory.

Isitjustme?
07-11-2018, 01:17 AM
Although it's not really a hobby, to openly say what you are doing and why you are doing it and still get the expected responses, that's like some science shit. If only there was a poster who could shed some light on conditioned responses.

So youre like a scientist?

Isitjustme?
07-11-2018, 01:17 AM
Pretty sure ST and message boards will be gone by then. You can tell the grandkids about the good ole days.

Are you really 55?

SnakeBoy
07-11-2018, 02:00 AM
So youre like a scientist?

Yes

SnakeBoy
07-11-2018, 02:00 AM
Are you really 55?

golden years lol

Reck
07-11-2018, 07:04 AM
Another company for Chris to boycott and fail? This is going to be fun.

Reck
07-11-2018, 07:07 AM

Where do you get that idea? Aaron is going full Benjamin Linux on good old snakeboi.

Chris
07-11-2018, 10:19 PM
Another company for Chris to boycott and fail? This is going to be fun.

You love your propaganda and fantasy world. Carry on Pleb.

AaronY
07-11-2018, 10:32 PM
You love your propaganda and fantasy world. Carry on Pleb.
Seen any Ben Garrison cartoons lately brah?

Winehole23
07-12-2018, 05:34 AM
boycott google?boycotting the half a dozen media companies that determine almost everything we see is as easy as logging off the PC, throwing away our smartphones and turning off our radios and TVs.

which is to say, such a boycott is very unlikely.

Blake
07-12-2018, 10:19 AM
boycotting the half a dozen media companies that determine almost everything we see is as easy as logging off the PC, throwing away our smartphones and turning off our radios and TVs.

which is to say, such a boycott is very unlikely.

I wonder how hard it would be to boycott Disney and Netflix

Winehole23
07-12-2018, 07:30 PM
Disney's ESPN?

AaronY
07-12-2018, 07:33 PM
I wonder how hard it would be to boycott Disney and Netflix
Chris is also using duckduckgo lol

Chris
07-12-2018, 08:13 PM
Yeah use google so they can sell your info and spy on you. Idiots.

ElNono
07-12-2018, 08:18 PM

They already spy on you without using their search engine...

Chucho
07-12-2018, 08:21 PM
If you use a smart phone or smart TV, it's in the User Agreement they can spy on you.

AaronY
07-13-2018, 12:15 AM
If you use a smart phone or smart TV, it's in the User Agreement they can spy on you.
wgas? its just to track you to figure out how to sell you stuff. not like chris thinks aka to hire people to listen to him at the yell at the TV about politics and fill up his file with the deep state government organizations that are plotting against him lmao

monosylab1k
07-13-2018, 12:26 AM

:lmao like anybody is gonna try to steal the identity of an unemployed incel who lives with his parents.

Spurtacular
07-13-2018, 02:46 AM
:cry Hey Chris, do you have any reputable sources carrying this story? :cry

:cry It's not muh CNN :cry

:lmao

Isitjustme?
07-13-2018, 05:05 AM

Chris uses a windows phone and a non smart tv. He watches only vhs too just to be safe

AaronY
03-13-2019, 03:48 AM
Anyone know if Chris is married or not?

AaronY
03-13-2019, 03:49 AM
the combo of that headline and that pic is just fucking delicious

Blake
03-13-2019, 11:24 AM

:lol get off the grid!

SpursforSix
03-13-2019, 12:59 PM
Anyone know if Chris (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1656) is married or not?

Damn. Either there is zero communication between the husband and wife or she was kind of a bitch.

wife: hey...where ya headed to
husband: California...fucking Google deleted my account
wife: uh...ok...

Isitjustme?
03-14-2019, 08:46 AM
Anyone know if Chris is married or not?

Chris lives with his mom and dad and hides in his room when they put on Rachel Maddow (actually a 100% true story), so no I dont think hes married.

Chris
03-14-2019, 02:44 PM
Chris lives with his mom and dad and hides in his room when they put on Rachel Maddow (actually a 100% true story), so no I dont think hes married.

Gotta love the random faggot trolls and their conspiracy theories.

Blake
03-14-2019, 07:14 PM

Said forum troll who loves conspiracy theories

Isitjustme?
03-14-2019, 11:13 PM

I got the theory from your quote when you said thats what you do :lol

Chris
03-15-2019, 12:03 AM
I got the theory from your quote when you said thats what you do :lol

Show me the quote.