PDA

View Full Version : KCJV FM 97.3

rascal
07-11-2018, 11:30 AM
FM 97.9 (MISTAKE IN TITLE)

Anyone listen to this oldie station? It is a San Antonio station that you can only hear in certain parts of the city over the airwaves but you can get in over the internet.
Great station to discover songs you've never heard.

They claim to play more than 100,00 songs in their playlist.
It doesn't play any commercials. Doesn't have any DJs just a streaming playlist.

I think only 3 guys are operating it.
Doesn't it cost to have a broadcast license?

rascal
07-11-2018, 11:34 AM
How do I edit the title? It is FM 97.9

No Hit Radio

Broadcasts off Cielo Vista Drive.

I like the soul rarities they play but not all the 1950's songs.
But worth listening to the 1950's occasional songs to discover some great soul rarities.

rascal
07-11-2018, 11:47 AM
Can a mod change the title to FM 97.9?

SpursforSix
07-11-2018, 12:02 PM
Nice troll. I can't stand new country. Thanks.

rascal
07-11-2018, 12:12 PM
Nice troll. I can't stand new country. Thanks.

It is not new country. Try FM 97.9

SpursforSix
07-11-2018, 01:16 PM
It is not new country. Try FM 97.9

all I get is static. where is this station out of?

rascal
07-11-2018, 04:02 PM
San Antonio
It has a listening range in west and south San Antonio. Where are you listening from?
It may not come in on the northeast side of town.

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=KCJV-FL

You can listen online from there website if you are out of listening range.

SpursforSix
07-11-2018, 04:21 PM
San Antonio
It has a listening range in west and south San Antonio. Where are you listening from?
It may not come in on the northeast side of town.

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=KCJV-FL

You can listen online from there website if you are out of listening range.

I live north of Fort Worth so that explains the bad reception.
Unfortunately, I don't have internet access.

rascal
07-11-2018, 04:50 PM
I live north of Fort Worth so that explains the bad reception.
Unfortunately, I don't have internet access.

How do you log onto this site?

SpursforSix
07-11-2018, 06:23 PM
How do you log onto this site?

I post through a buddy that will show me the posts via Skype and then I tell him what to post.

RGMCSE
07-11-2018, 06:34 PM
I post through a buddy that will show me the posts via Skype and then I tell him what to post.

:lol

baseline bum
07-11-2018, 09:22 PM
97.9 The Box used to be such a great station from Houston back in the 90s, would have sucked to not be able to get it because of some faggot oldies station in San Antonio.

DJR210
07-11-2018, 10:30 PM
:lol over the air radio in 2018

..and mayne hold up @ 97.9 The Box

rascal
07-12-2018, 03:19 PM
97.9 The Box used to be such a great station from Houston back in the 90s, would have sucked to not be able to get it because of some faggot oldies station in San Antonio.

Oldies are the best. Especially soul oldies. Newer music is shit.

rascal
07-12-2018, 03:20 PM

If you live on the west side of San Antonio you will hear Oldies on 97.9 FM.

SpursforSix
07-12-2018, 03:26 PM
If you live on the west side of San Antonio you will hear Oldies on 97.9 FM.

Do you think I can pick it up on a fax machine?

Capt Bringdown
07-12-2018, 03:40 PM
97.9 is a great station, "The Greatest Songs You Never Heard." Here's a write-up from Express News:
Low-power San Antonio radio station KCJV keeps rare 45s from fading away --> (https://www.expressnews.com/entertainment/article/Low-power-San-Antonio-radio-station-KCJV-keeps-12434563.php)

You can also listen online at:
Online Radio Box - KCJV 97.9 FM --> (http://onlineradiobox.com/us/kcjvlp/?cs=us.kcjvlp&played=1)

rascal
07-12-2018, 07:35 PM
97.9 is a great station, "The Greatest Songs You Never Heard." Here's a write-up from Express News:
Low-power San Antonio radio station KCJV keeps rare 45s from fading away --> (https://www.expressnews.com/entertainment/article/Low-power-San-Antonio-radio-station-KCJV-keeps-12434563.php)

You can also listen online at:
Online Radio Box - KCJV 97.9 FM --> (http://onlineradiobox.com/us/kcjvlp/?cs=us.kcjvlp&played=1)

I discovered some great soul rarities listening to KCJV. Of course I don't like that they also play 1950s stuff but you will hear songs you won't hear anywhere else.

Capt Bringdown
07-13-2018, 01:13 PM
I discovered some great soul rarities listening to KCJV. Of course I don't like that they also play 1950s stuff but you will hear songs you won't hear anywhere else.

I like their mix. They play everything from do-woop to psychedelic/garage. And not one second of the rap or the hipity-hop, thank Buddha.

SpursforSix
07-13-2018, 02:03 PM
I like their mix. They play everything from do-woop to psychedelic/garage. And not one second of the rap or the hipity-hop, thank Buddha.

That's good to know about the mix. I actually checked it out yesterday and it played a couple of doo-wop songs so I turned it off. Will give it another shot when I can listen for a while.

rascal
07-13-2018, 03:17 PM
That's good to know about the mix. I actually checked it out yesterday and it played a couple of doo-wop songs so I turned it off. Will give it another shot when I can listen for a while.

They play many Doo Wop at times so maybe not for you. Not as many Garage songs but do play some. More soul and doo wop and many 1960s songs from San Antonio.

I just keep it on but I also don't like the Doo Wop.

rascal
07-13-2018, 03:23 PM

They don't play 1980s or newer songs.
They do play once in awhile a soul oldie sounding newer song but nothing that has a current hip hop or Pop sound of today.

The 1950s doo wop is hard to listen through at times since I don't like it. Playing too many 1950s today.

Spurtacular
07-13-2018, 11:32 PM
I once got a San Antonio station loud and clear in Southern Wisconsin.

rascal
07-15-2018, 08:43 AM
I once got a San Antonio station loud and clear in Southern Wisconsin.

WOAI

Spurtacular
07-15-2018, 10:26 AM
WOAI

Was listening to Spurs game actually.

rascal
07-16-2018, 09:48 AM
Was listening to Spurs game actually.

Of course that is the only station powerful enough to reach Wisconsin over the airwaves from San Antonio.
AM travels further than FM signals.

Robz4000
07-16-2018, 12:35 PM
WOAI

I was on a road trip last year and was able to get WOAI in the middle of Nevada for a Spurs game. Good times.

baseline bum
07-22-2018, 03:35 PM
I was on a road trip last year and was able to get WOAI in the middle of Nevada for a Spurs game. Good times.

Yeah I have gotten WOAI in Virginia before. Too bad it's such a shit rightwing station now.

rascal
07-22-2018, 06:45 PM
Yeah I have gotten WOAI in Virginia before. Too bad it's such a shit rightwing station now.

WOAI owned by Clear Channel.

Conservative talk radio created the great political divide of hatred that we see today. I don't remember it being so bad since they changed the regulations in the fairness doctrine in programming.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative_talk_radio

And they complain about mainstream bias. Conservative talk radio is mainstream and is pumped into every major listening market in the country.

pgardn
07-22-2018, 06:51 PM

You gotta laugh man...

They are ridiculous.
Its for the mentally malnourished.
I should not say that. They give them what they want.

rascal
07-22-2018, 06:53 PM
Liberals don't waste their time with bullshit talk radio shows.

Conservatives eat up the propaganda. They are not smart enough to see the nonsense of the spin they are listening to.

baseline bum
07-22-2018, 07:03 PM
You gotta laugh man...

They are ridiculous.
Its for the mentally malnourished.
I should not say that. They give them what they want.

No way I'm going to laugh. If there was a ClearChannel in the 70s Nixon would have never been forced out.

pgardn
07-22-2018, 07:28 PM
No way I'm going to laugh. If there was a ClearChannel in the 70s Nixon would have never been forced out.

If you don’t, you won’t get the nature of the illness.
You wait. Trump is gonna take a butt kicking.
This country is not that stupid or hateful imo.
People waiver, these same people elected a black man. 1/3 appear to be very confused or retarded at present.

Trump is like grandpa going haywire in his daytime pajamas, except he wears a suit.

baseline bum
07-22-2018, 07:46 PM
If you don’t, you won’t get the nature of the illness.
You wait. Trump is gonna take a butt kicking.
This country is not that stupid or hateful imo.
People waiver, these same people elected a black man. 1/3 appear to be very confused or retarded at present.

Trump is like grandpa going haywire in his daytime pajamas, except he wears a suit.

A lot of good people in this country don't vote because they buy this rightwing hype of both sides being equivalent. It doesn't matter the country as a whole isn't that stupid or hateful, because the entire country doesn't vote.