PDA

View Full Version : From the "Beautiful Game" to an Aldridge-Gay-Derozan core.

spursistan
07-12-2018, 09:54 AM
If it happens, please weep for this franchise. It was a good run while it lasted.

Look, I know you can't plan for Kawhi being exposed as the biggest disgrace in the history of sports, but still, it is quite puzzling the direction this team has taken from a pure basketball strategy/philosophy standpoint.

Why are we doubling down on the unwatchable and antiquated? Who is exactly calling the shots on constructing this roster and its playing style? Is Nick Kerr the fuckin' mole or what?

I'm stumped man :lol..

tholdren
07-12-2018, 09:56 AM
Yet you said nothing when iso leonard was w sa....

K...
07-12-2018, 09:59 AM
Spurs fans begged pafto for the Spurs to draft American leading to iso ball. No crying now

cd98
07-12-2018, 10:08 AM
TBH, Pop will craft a team out of this roster that will win 50-60 games. In fact, I think getting snubbed by Kawhi and the end of the road coming on a highly successful coaching career may rejuvenate Pop.

cutewizard
07-12-2018, 10:17 AM
:bobo

spursistan
07-12-2018, 10:30 AM
It must be said that Pop's Team USA commitment is ruining the Spurs reset/rebuild plans; if I am not contending, I just want young dudes out there developing and playing easy-on-the-eye team basketball instead of a chuckbot trio in their 30s leading us into 7/8th seed and first round exit..

SpursDynasty85
07-12-2018, 10:43 AM
TBH, Pop will craft a team out of this roster that will win 50-60 games. In fact, I think getting snubbed by Kawhi and the end of the road coming on a highly successful coaching career may rejuvenate Pop.

Yes! I agree there is no reason to think we cant have a 55-win season based off last year. Also, I really hope you are right about the rejuvenation. Pop has been relying too much on his culture and system, his rotation decisions need to have more risk taking like what Messina did for us in the Warriors series.

Dre_7
07-12-2018, 10:46 AM
It must be said that Pop's Team USA commitment is ruining the Spurs reset/rebuild plans; if I am not contending, I just want young dudes out there developing and playing easy-on-the-eye team basketball instead of a chuckbot trio in their 30s leading us into 7/8th seed and first round exit..

Except if the Spurs lose more games than they win then I don't know how easy on the eyes that will be. ESPECIALLY to Spurs fans :lol

Joseph Kony
07-12-2018, 11:14 AM
the beautiful game ceased to exist when Kawhiso became the #1 option

coachmac87
07-12-2018, 11:19 AM
Misleading thread....

Let’s not pretend things wouldn’t change losing the guy in OP avatar...including the Top 5 player in the world being an absolute backstabbing coward...

But yeah sure it sucks.

Oh yeah it also doesn’t help they throw other coward in the league (KD) won’t fuck up the true competitive nature of league..

dabom
07-12-2018, 11:23 AM
Why is OP bitching all the fucking time? :lol

Like seriously dude. You need a "chill pill". :lol

hater
07-12-2018, 11:25 AM
The beautiful game happened for 1 and 1/2 seasons and stopped as soon as Duncan retired

Its been gone for years now

apalisoc_9
07-12-2018, 11:38 AM
Derozan and Aldridge...

Best Organization in the business

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/wow.png

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/pachah1.png

DPG21920
07-12-2018, 12:00 PM
They will go further than LA this year though

keithington1
07-12-2018, 12:03 PM
Derozan, Annunoby, Siakam, 2019 1st round pick for Kawhi, Green, 2019 2nd round pick, 2020 2nd round pick. Raps bring back Noguiera. We have no cheap bigs to trade. Who says no? Bad trade?

I might even do Derozan, Anunnoby, for Kawhi Gay/Green 2019 1st rd pick.

Proxy
07-12-2018, 12:05 PM

Demar can finally get a W over Lebron

Dverde
07-12-2018, 12:08 PM
Derozen and OG seems like a decent trade for the situation. We are not going to get a top 15 player back.

hater
07-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Derozen and OG seems like a decent trade for the situation. We are not going to get a top 15 player back.

bklynspursfan
07-12-2018, 12:20 PM

Well that's what you would do. His commitment to Team USA isn't ruining anything, except maybe Uncle Dennis's master plan to keep Kawhi away from Pop.

Why the hell would he want to tank. Why would any of the other guys on the team who busted their asses last year with the Kawhi nonsense, want to tank? I'm glad they want to be competitive.

Also, Rudy was hardly a chuck last season, and Aldridge almost had to be to keep us in games. And even he wasn't as much as he could've been.

BatManu20
07-12-2018, 12:28 PM
Y'all can cry all you want, but DeRozan (however flawed he may be) and OG is by far the best return of any of the rumored packages we've heard. Unless Philly is willing to add picks, this would be our best bet. We're not going to get a Superstar player in return for a guy with one year on his contract, period.

Direct your anger towards Kawhi's bitchass if you wanna be mad at somebody.

TheCerebral1
07-12-2018, 12:33 PM
Puke, again I highly doubt it's for the scrub that is DeRozan.

r0drig0lac
07-12-2018, 12:54 PM

Seventyniner
07-12-2018, 01:08 PM

Spurs/Lakers would be a juicy playoff matchup, but I doubt it would be anywhere past the first round.

SAGirl
07-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Never thought I would be the one to say it but I want Manu back another season.

KDKSpurs24
07-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Derozan, Annunoby, Siakam, 2019 1st round pick for Kawhi, Green, 2019 2nd round pick, 2020 2nd round pick. Raps bring back Noguiera. We have no cheap bigs to trade. Who says no? Bad trade?

I might even do Derozan, Anunnoby, for Kawhi Gay/Green 2019 1st rd pick.
I don’t think they’d do that first one at all.

KDKSpurs24
07-12-2018, 01:37 PM

DMC
07-12-2018, 01:44 PM
Just wait until Pop retires and your entire system is cheerlead from the bench via Becky Hammon and Tony Parker coming back to assist, then run nothing but high screen and rolls for someone like Dwight Howard.

Chucho
07-12-2018, 01:45 PM
A lot of "fans" on this board are fucking ponderous. I just don't get it. We're not going to be a title contender this season and, honestly, no one outside of the Warriors are. If the Warriors don't ring, it will go down as the biggest failure in NBA history, period.

That said, we have ZERO promising youth on our roster that show they need the playing time to blossom into stars that rebuilds afford. Rebuilds, by and large, DO NOT work. Great, Golden State and Boston worked some magic and a near decade long shit fest in Philly doesn't resonate with anyone that realizes that is too long for a rebuild.

It's either put a competitive, competent team out there to root for and hope for some luck and breaks here and there or join more teams than ever in the cellar. I dont know about most here, but some pride and enjoying a competitive team seems more inviting than a shit stained tank perpetuating false hopes of returning to the Glory Days.

Killakobe81
07-12-2018, 01:59 PM

:lmao

DPG21920
07-12-2018, 02:27 PM

You think the Lakers team less Randle & Brook but plus Bron/Rondo/McGee/Lance will go further than SA less TP/Kyle but plus DeRozan/White/Lonnie/Beli?

I think SA would have a good shot at being 2 or 3 seed. You expect this years Lakers to be in top 3?

Killakobe81
07-12-2018, 02:36 PM
You think the Lakers team less Randle & Brook but plus Bron/Rondo/McGee/Lance will go further than SA less TP/Kyle but plus DeRozan/White/Lonnie/Beli?

I think SA would have a good shot at being 2 or 3 seed. You expect this years Lakers to be in top 3?

Regular season doesn't matter.
Spurs may have a higher seed, Spurs have been the most consistent franchise I have ever seen in modern pro sports. Does not mean the Spurs will go further though?
When it matters if Kawhi is flipped for Demar fucken DeRozen no way would I pick a team led by him or Aldridge over LeBron... Please stop.

-21-
07-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Derozan and Aldridge...

Best Organization in the business

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/wow.png

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/pachah1.png

Honestly dude, if you hate the Spurs so much why don't you root for a different team? Do you really just get high off of shitting on the team? Or trolling everyone here? I'm serious bro, would really appreciate a straight answer.

spurraider21
07-12-2018, 03:06 PM
Honestly dude, if you hate the Spurs so much why don't you root for a different team? Do you really just get high off of shitting on the team? Or trolling everyone here? I'm serious bro, would really appreciate a straight answer.

rastaspur
07-12-2018, 03:08 PM

Rob123
07-12-2018, 04:13 PM
Getting Derozan makes no sense... we already have plenty of 2 guards

Patty
White
Walker
DJ
Manu (Potentially)
Forbes
Ferrari

Derozan would make 8 guards lol.

iGetbuckets
07-12-2018, 04:17 PM
People acting like getting Demar for a guy who doesn’t wanna be here is a bad thing :lol

SpursDynasty85
07-12-2018, 04:24 PM
Getting Derozan makes no sense... we already have plenty of 2 guards

Patty
White
Walker
DJ
Manu (Potentially)
Forbes
Ferrari

Derozan would make 8 guards lol.

Derozan imo is really a 3 playing 2 guard. We need more SFs.

John B
07-12-2018, 04:36 PM
Kawhi was a 15th pick that a lot of teams passed. I don’t doubt Spurs FO to carve a Superstar from our young guys and get this team back in contention. If Utah, Boston and Philly can do it, Spurs is the mothership

itzsoweezee
07-12-2018, 04:38 PM
Toronto has no assets worth acquiring. What the hell is this front office doing?

tenbeersbold
07-12-2018, 04:42 PM
Spurs were up 25 on the eventual champs in Game 1 before...
I'd say the roster was constructed just fine

dbestpro
07-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Yet you said nothing when iso leonard was w sa....

I actually think this is what hurt the team. When Duncan retired we went to Iso KL, and everybody else just stood around. LMA was unhappy because he was second fiddle Iso. It is possible LMA would buy into the beautiful game as long as someone was not hogging ISO. DeRozan will need to work with Chip to develop a three. The probability is that Pop will have to rig a new scheme that fits these specific players.

SpursDynasty85
07-12-2018, 05:10 PM
Regular season doesn't matter.
Spurs may have a higher seed, Spurs have been the most consistent franchise I have ever seen in modern pro sports. Does not mean the Spurs will go further though?
When it matters if Kawhi is flipped for Demar fucken DeRozen no way would I pick a team led by him or Aldridge over LeBron... Please stop.

Lebron had it so easy in the eastern conference. Lebron will be in for a rude awakening in the west I think. Regular season does matter. If it is between two close teams, home court is huge, especially for the Spurs.

Killakobe81
07-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Lebron had it so easy in the eastern conference. Lebron will be in for a rude awakening in the west I think. Regular season does matter. If it is between two close teams, home court is huge, especially for the Spurs.

LeBron won with less talent at Boston, Toronto and indy... Far from strong teams but some of the best crowds in the NBA.

SpursDynasty85
07-12-2018, 05:34 PM
LeBron won with less talent at Boston, Toronto and indy... Far from strong teams but some of the best crowds in the NBA.

Lebron + Love >> Derozan + Lowry >> Tatum + Horford. Lebron always makes everyone his scape goat. Lebron throwing his teammates under the bus and playing hero ball. I expect that to finally change.

Down Under
07-12-2018, 05:41 PM
I could see any team from last year's playoffs bar Portland knocking the Lakers out in the first round. They've just assembled such a terrible cast of average shooters around LeBron

Killakobe81
07-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Lebron + Love >> Derozan + Lowry >> Tatum + Horford. Lebron always makes everyone his scape goat. Lebron throwing his teammates under the bus and playing hero ball. I expect that to finally change.

When I said less talent, I meant the 2018 Lakers are more talented than last year's Cavs.

SpursDynasty85
07-12-2018, 05:49 PM
When I said less talent, I meant the 2018 Lakers are more talented than last year's Cavs.

I see. I disagree. That Cavs team was not that bad. It definitely needed more time to incorporate Rodney Hood and Jordan Clarkson. It did not have to happen that way had he got along a little better with IT.

Seventyniner
07-12-2018, 05:55 PM
Spurs were up 25 on the eventual champs in Game 1 before...
I'd say the roster was constructed just fine

True. I don't think the Spurs were favorites in that series, even if Kawhi didn't get hurt and the Spurs won game 1, but they had more than a puncher's chance. That team also had Pau and Mills in the top 5 for playoff minutes played.

spursistan
07-12-2018, 08:20 PM
If this Derozan thing happens, you might as well bail on this forum and go follow Kyle full-time in the Grizz version of ST :lol

This team is going to be one of the most unwatchable and boring teams to ever be assembled.

dg7md
07-12-2018, 10:14 PM
I'd be thrilled with DeRozan if we got him somehow, beats just getting picks and unproven bench players.

jbspurs
07-12-2018, 10:57 PM
Derozan+OG for Kawhi.. DO IT! Move on from this Kawhi drama.

AFMadison
07-12-2018, 10:59 PM
I’d be fine with derozan as long as he brought OG with him. That kid will be something special.

Arcadian
07-12-2018, 11:11 PM
Derozan? The fuck you talkin bout?

He basically peaked last year and still choked in the playoffs. He'll never progress his game any further than it is now.

Chucho
07-12-2018, 11:17 PM
I'd be thrilled with DeRozan if we got him somehow, beats just getting picks and unproven bench players.

Play Boban
07-12-2018, 11:23 PM
If it happens, please weep for this franchise. It was a good run while it lasted.

Look, I know you can't plan for Kawhi being exposed as the biggest disgrace in the history of sports, but still, it is quite puzzling the direction this team has taken from a pure basketball strategy/philosophy standpoint.

Why are we doubling down on the unwatchable and antiquated? Who is exactly calling the shots on constructing this roster and its playing style? Is Nick Kerr the fuckin' mole or what?

I'm stumped man :lol..
Poop is too concerned with his political career to worry about the game. And Drunkford is just drunk all the time tbh...

keithington1
07-12-2018, 11:37 PM
Murray Mills Forbes
White Belinelli Walker
Derozan Annunoby Manu
Gay Bertans Blossomgame
Aldridge Gasol Metu

Solid not spectacular

**BUSTA**
07-12-2018, 11:45 PM
Green at the 3 and OG at the 4. Lowry a much better fit than Derozan.

cutewizard
07-13-2018, 01:08 AM

Me too

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-13-2018, 01:17 AM
Why do you little pussy boys keep mentioning DeRozen like it’s a “done deal”? He’s not coming here.

Your weepy-ass boo-hoo takes are getting old.

cutewizard
07-13-2018, 03:03 AM
Derozan+OG for Kawhi.. DO IT! Move on from this Kawhi drama.

TD 21
07-14-2018, 04:24 PM
It's not about philosophy or strategy. Aldridge, Gasol, Gay and if it happens, DeRozan, however misguided some might have been or might be, were all about or would be all about trying to get the best possible talent to remain as competitive as possible.

Of course, given their druthers they'd mostly like to avoid these types. Everyone wants high IQ, unselfish, well rounded superstars (Duncan) and stars (Ginobili, to a lesser extent Parker), but they're few and far between and you don't get a choice.

You've also got to spend at least 90% of the cap, which is at $101, 869, 000 this season. For most teams, that means paying flawed veteran stars (Aldridge, DeRozan), former ones (Gasol), pseudo ones, veteran (Gay) or young (Gordon, LaVine, Parker) or role players (Mills).

cd021
07-14-2018, 10:59 PM
Spite is a helluva motivator tbh.

still.focused
07-15-2018, 09:01 AM
Murray Mills Forbes
White Belinelli Walker
Derozan Annunoby Manu
Gay Bertans Blossomgame
Aldridge Gasol Metu

Solid not spectacular

Add a slighted Pop & that 'solid' gets notably better
And Poertl is reportedly part of the TOR package
Not only does he keep LMA from playing the 5
But he keeps Pau from playing PERIOD

keithington1
07-15-2018, 07:41 PM
Add a slighted Pop & that 'solid' gets notably better
And Poertl is reportedly part of the TOR package
Not only does he keep LMA from playing the 5
But he keeps Pau from playing PERIODSign me up at this point. Although I do want to see Kawhi's behavior around the team all year

TheGreatYacht
07-18-2018, 03:46 AM
It's happening :lol

Dverde
07-18-2018, 03:47 AM
Third seed here we come!

cutewizard
07-18-2018, 03:50 AM

testies
07-18-2018, 04:00 AM
The way I see it is : We already got bounced of 2 playoffs because of Kawhi ISO (Clips and OKC), we might as well get DeRozan who doesn't fumble the ball against lenghty defenders and at least can dribble. Kawhi started learning offensive basketball in 2012, the dude is lagging behind.

Defensive wise? Meh, our defense is always elite anyways. He added some nice steals + dunks but essentially we are the same defensive team without him

Seventyniner
07-18-2018, 07:19 AM
Spite is a helluva motivator tbh.

Signed, Bill Belichick.

DAF86
07-18-2018, 12:22 PM
Aldridge, DeRozan, Gay.

These were the kind of players we used to laugh at when we knew what winning basketball looked like. :lol

timtonymanu
07-18-2018, 12:24 PM
Sad but true.

The San Antonio TrailRaptors :lol

RD2191
07-18-2018, 12:26 PM
Aldridge, DeRozan, Gay.

These were the kind of players we used to laugh at when we knew what winning basketball looked like. :lol

TheGreatYacht
07-18-2018, 12:41 PM
Aldridge, DeRozan, Gay.

reddit.com/spursphags community are trying their hardest to protect Drunkford at all costs

gambit1990
07-18-2018, 12:44 PM
The San Antonio TrailRaptors :lol
:lol

resistanze
07-18-2018, 12:45 PM
Aldridge, DeRozan, Gay.

Hilarious that Gay-DeRozan combo was one of the most atrocious things I'd ever seen a few years ago with Toronto :lol.

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2018, 12:48 PM
I'll never escape from Demar DeRozan's hideous game until he retires, ugh..

TheGreatYacht
07-18-2018, 12:52 PM

:lmao PATFO fluffers with the pom poms out this morning

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-18-2018, 01:17 PM

reddit.com/spursphags community are trying their hardest to protect Drunkford at all costs

RC is just the cap and contract guy. You can't blame him without blaming Pop.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-18-2018, 01:26 PM
I'll never escape from Demar DeRozan's hideous game until he retires, ugh..

You and me both buddy :lol

FML

TheGreatYacht
07-18-2018, 03:10 PM
RC is just the cap and contract guy. You can't blame him without blaming Pop.
I'm a fair guy. I shit on both equally.

Brunodf
07-18-2018, 03:43 PM
3 ball stoppers jump shooters that can't perform in the playoffs :lol

Maybe Holt had more input than we knew, ever since he left, the Spurs made so many questionable decisions.

DAF86
07-18-2018, 03:58 PM
You and me both buddy :lol

FML

You, HarlemHeat37, lefty and resistanze. Members of the San Antonio Raptors since day one.

Seventyniner
07-18-2018, 04:04 PM
Laker fans are finally getting their wish: Spurs fans are forced to root for Kobe lite.

spursistan
07-18-2018, 05:27 PM

anon
07-18-2018, 05:30 PM
Aldridge, DeRozan, Gay.

Fucking depressing. What hath Buford wrought? :hang

DMC
07-18-2018, 05:38 PM
So my fridge broke yesterday (cue fat jokes). I bought another but it will be 5 days to get it here. I cannot go 5 days without a fridge, so I bought a small one and a new one (small one to tie me over). Then I got the original to work and it seems fine now, but I don't trust it. So I could sell it for 200.00. It's worth 3 times that easily, however what I know I have is an appliance that I don't trust. I cannot go out of town for a week and return to a kitchen full of water and spoiled food. That could still happen with a new one, but it's not on my mind then. So if I got 200 for it, I've made something for a device I think is more trouble than it's worth, and the purchaser is getting something they probably have enough faith in to not worry about, because perhaps they'll put it in their garage and they'll get their money's worth.

Same with KL. Spurs cannot trust him for 1 more year. They cannot get stuck with him, and as good as he has shown himself to be, he's not good for the Spurs. They got a franchise player from the team with the best record in the East last year for a guy who might break down while out of town for a week, and at least for a guy they cannot build around with any level of comfort.

Sorry for the shitty analogy, but it's current and seems fitting.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-18-2018, 05:40 PM
:cry

tim_duncan_fan
07-18-2018, 05:42 PM
The Spurs can make Demarr better.

#TrustThePopcess