PDA

View Full Version : Did the spurs drop the ball by not trading with Clips on draft night?

davi78239
07-14-2018, 08:33 AM
Based on this Toronto rumor and the fact that it looks like the Lakers and Sixers deal is out the water, wouldn't the clips trade have been the best?? I know nothing has happened yet but just sayin. Not to crazy about DeRozan deal unless they get a couple of pics out of it. Could have had the 12th and 13th pics plus our 18th and Tobias Harris?

AFBlue
07-14-2018, 08:44 AM
Personally, I think so. Only because I think 12/13/18 could have turned into a Top 5-7 pick and a legit big to pair with all of these guards. And Harris isn't a bad gap filler on a short term contract.

But I understand the timing and not wanting to rush a deal.

BSfromTX
07-14-2018, 08:45 AM
Spurs have to do due diligence. Hindsight is always 20/20.

DesignatedT
07-14-2018, 08:47 AM
Not sure spurs woulda kept the 18 in that scenario and they likely would have drafted Walker with one of 12/13.

TheDoctor
07-14-2018, 08:49 AM
Spurs did the correct thing. To wait. You don't act on desperation. Much less if you have the chance to mends things up w/ a Top 4 player.

No matter if that decision will come to bite them in the ass, at that point they did the correct thing.

Fusternino
07-14-2018, 08:57 AM
They wouldn't have been able to directly trade those picks on that . . . just tell Clippers who they want and they would pick for them. But yeah 12/13, Harris, and a Harrell S&T would've been great. I still think we end up trading with them in the end.

Ice009
07-14-2018, 09:03 AM
They wouldn't have been able to directly trade those picks on that . . . just tell Clippers who they want and they would pick for them. But yeah 12/13, Harris, and a Harrell S&T would've been great. I still think we end up trading with them in the end.

What do you mean? You can't trade picks? I'm confused. Can you explain?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2018, 09:09 AM
We absolutely needed another thread like this.

Fusternino
07-14-2018, 09:31 AM
What do you mean? You can't trade picks? I'm confused. Can you explain?

They can't trade both of 12/13 at the same time. Make the picks the Spurs request and then you can trade the rookies 30 days later as a workaround.

Trust me, I felt the Spurs should've pulled the trigger when it happened. LWIV/Bridges/Mitchell Robinson/Metu, Tobias Harris, and Harrell would've been great.

JPB
07-14-2018, 09:54 AM
Spurs did the correct thing. To wait. You don't act on desperation. Much less if you have the chance to mends things up w/ a Top 4 player.

No matter if that decision will come to bite them in the ass, at that point they did the correct thing.

As much as Leonard is a mofo, this is Kawhi fucking Leonard, a top 3 NBA player.

All these crappy trades will look cute when the real discussions will start. This is not sunday night poker with the guys at your house and Spurs are not your random Las Vegas tourist coming up to lose his money.

Pop and RC are final table players, the guys who know exactly what they can do with their hand and the virtue of patience.

Why rushing or panicking ? Suitors are there and start to understand Spurs won't call their bluff or take their crap. You can even let the season play out, let Kawhi show he still has it and some teams realizing they don't have what it takes godfathering their offers.

tmtcsc
07-14-2018, 09:57 AM
Perhaps so, but time will tell. The Spurs needed to try and work things out with KL or at least let the best offer hit the table. It was too soon to make a hasty decision. The FO knew the risks. BTW, I think Fusternino meant Jerome Robinson, not Mitchell Robinson. Jerome's footwork is terrific.

AFBlue
07-14-2018, 10:20 AM
They can't trade both of 12/13 at the same time. Make the picks the Spurs request and then you can trade the rookies 30 days later as a workaround.

Trust me, I felt the Spurs should've pulled the trigger when it happened. LWIV/Bridges/Mitchell Robinson/Metu, Tobias Harris, and Harrell would've been great.

Pretty sure the rule is for future first round picks, not picks in the same draft.

Raven
07-14-2018, 10:30 AM
I don't think that is that much value.. I like tobias harris, but we wouldn't be contenders and the picks were too low to do much of anything.

Fusternino
07-14-2018, 10:42 AM
Perhaps so, but time will tell. The Spurs needed to try and work things out with KL or at least let the best offer hit the table. It was too soon to make a hasty decision. The FO knew the risks. BTW, I think Fusternino meant Jerome Robinson, not Mitchell Robinson. Jerome's footwork is terrific.

Wasn't this board high on Mitchell Robinson for awhile as a high ceiling low floor mobile big? I still think we take LWIV with one of the 12/13 picks so not sure we pick another guard with the 13 pick.

As for the pick rule all I saw was a post stating only one of 12/13 could be traded on draft night itself but a 13-18 pick swap could also be offered. So if we actually wanted all 3 first round picks we would need to wait until after the draft itself.

Play Boban
07-14-2018, 10:42 AM
:cry but apo said it was a done deal :cry

Mr. Body
07-14-2018, 10:46 AM
No, that's terrible value. Maybe the team winds up with similar or worse, but there was no reason to rush at that point. There still isn't.

KDKSpurs24
07-14-2018, 10:59 AM
No because at that point we would have probably drafted Michael Porter Jr since he was falling in the draft. That would have been a risk that may never pay off if his health never got right.

Fusternino
07-14-2018, 11:04 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9apfyh6

I wrote up this trade . . . also include Harrell S&T to the Spurs, two first round picks from the Clippers to the Heat, and one first round pick from the Clippers to the Spurs. This is better value . . . not sure the Heat would go for it, though.

BackHome
07-14-2018, 11:57 AM
Spurs have to do due diligence. Hindsight is always 20/20.

+ 100000000000000000000000000

TheGreatYacht
07-14-2018, 02:55 PM
It was absolutely the right trade to do.

which is why RV Drunkford didn't pull the trigger.

TD 21
07-14-2018, 04:08 PM
No. Not only would they have been unecessarily rushing into an unappealing trade, but one that sent him where he supposedly wants to go and keeping him in conference. That combination is untenable.

If the supposed Raptors discussions are real and the pieces are what I suspect they would be (Leonard and Green for DeRozan, Anunoby, Poeltl), that's a superior package, with the added bonus of not placating Leonard.

DAF86
07-14-2018, 04:11 PM
No. Not only would they have been unecessarily rushing into an unappealing trade, but one that sent him where he supposedly wants to go and keeping him in conference. That combination is untenable.

If the supposed Raptors discussions are real and the pieces are what I suspect they would be (Leonard and Green for DeRozan, Anunoby, Poeltl), that's a superior package, with the added bonus of not placating Leonard.

Forget about the Toronto deal. Spurs need to go for Butler.

Trueblood
07-14-2018, 04:23 PM

This. People wanting them to go all in early are the same kind that are always the first out in poker. Sometimes people get lucky and beat you on the river, but you always play the highest percentage.

Keeping him was definitely the right call in this scenario.

TD 21
07-14-2018, 04:35 PM
Forget about the Toronto deal. Spurs need to go for Butler.

Butler is not going to be available unless he tells them that he's not re-signing or that he wants a trade.

Despite some troubling signs for the Timberwolves, there's a very real possibility he hasn't made up his mind nearly a year in advance and even if he is leaning towards leaving, this is a volatile league. Things could change next season and he might decide to lock in the money (they can offer $49M more than anyone else).

**BUSTA**
07-14-2018, 04:38 PM
This. People wanting them to go all in early are the same kind that are always the first out in poker. Sometimes people get lucky and beat you on the river, but you always play the highest percentage.

Keeping him was definitely the right call in this scenario.

This is not the poker anology I would use . I see it as Spurs not knowing when to foldem and overplaying a losing hand. I think it is the Spurs going all in and waiting to get lucky on the river.

Fusternino
07-14-2018, 04:46 PM
I don't know what KAT did to Butler other than not play defense but Jimmy really wants out. Can't blame him. Wiggins doesn't play defense either and that contract is an albatross. Swapping Kawhi for Butler would be the best outcome of all of this. Most likely though Wolves will feel they're not getting enough back, same as the Heat in my own three team trade.

koriwhat
07-14-2018, 04:48 PM
I don't know what KAT did to Butler other than not play defense but Jimmy really wants out. Can't blame him. Wiggins doesn't play defense either and that contract is an albatross. Swapping Kawhi for Butler would be the best outcome of all of this. Most likely though Wolves will feel they're not getting enough back, same as the Heat in my own three team trade.

i'm pretty sure pop could turn jimmy butler into what you should've been... kawhi without the whining.

**BUSTA**
07-14-2018, 05:03 PM
What should have been done in this years draft is still debatable. Everyone knows the biggest Spurs draft night ball drop was taking CoJo over JB.

sananspursfan21
07-14-2018, 05:05 PM

Dis tbh. I mean, as a fan, I’m on the edge of my seat refreshing Google results on “Kawhi trade” every 5 minutes. But I’m glad the Spurs are taking their time, assessing everything, playing hardball, and giving Kawhi an opportunity to change of heart.

Whether the Spurs really have the edge or the ball in their court with the situation, they’re showing Kawhi who’s boss and the rest of the league this isn’t some ‘rob us for Kawhi’ mess. Actually proud of the front office

JPB
07-14-2018, 05:27 PM
This is not the poker anology I would use . I see it as Spurs not knowing when to foldem and overplaying a losing hand. I think it is the Spurs going all in and waiting to get lucky on the river.

They have a Kawhi in their hand, several teams interested (that are not going anywhere, quite the opposite with time) and don't HAVE to trade him. What losing hand are you talking about ?... They don't even have to play if they don't want to Why would they have to fold anything, much less going all in.

The river(walk) will always be nice for them anyway in that play.

**BUSTA**
07-14-2018, 05:57 PM
Kawhi is not pocket aces. They are playing their hand. They have seen the flop and missed. The turn may have improved their chances. They are still trying to improve their hand and are waiting for the river. Ending up with Kawhi is not winning. Maybe not losing, but no other team would be losing either. I guess we will see what the river brings.

AFBlue
07-14-2018, 06:04 PM
Watching Miles Bridges who was picked #12 in SL dish no-look passes and finish dunks with authority, yeah I'd have taken that plus Walker and another prospect along with Harris.

slick'81
07-14-2018, 06:12 PM
Watching Miles Bridges who was picked #12 in SL dish no-look passes and finish dunks with authority, yeah I'd have taken that plus Walker and another prospect along with Harris.

if the spurs could of gottten 3 good first round talents along with Harris maybe but i dont know

Fusternino
07-14-2018, 06:17 PM

West was also willing to offer Tobias, 12, 13, AND "additional players" . . . one of Dekker, Harrell S&T, Boban just for fun, etc.

There's still hope, though!

**BUSTA**
07-14-2018, 06:26 PM
I would not have traded down like clips did but if hornets took him instead of SGA I would have been more than happy to take SGA instead. Depending how bad Porters back injury was, he could have been the homerun the Spurs would be looking for. I would have liked Robert Williams at 18 even though I knew he was undisiplined and Pop would not be able to handle him. The discipline looks to be worse than I thought. Knowing this I would have taken Okobo , who was projected lower and went at 31.

cd021
07-14-2018, 10:54 PM
Personally, I think so. Only because I think 12/13/18 could have turned into a Top 5-7 pick and a legit big to pair with all of these guards. And Harris isn't a bad gap filler on a short term contract.

But I understand the timing and not wanting to rush a deal.

I don't think PATFO would've traded 3 firsts to get into the top 5 unless they were memorized with a player but it seems that they were targeting Walker.

This could've been cliche GM post draft talk but R.C mentioned that the Spurs didn't expect Walker to fall to them at 18 and considered trading up to get him (same thing they said with Murray-though he was expected to go in the teens, no 29)

cd021
07-14-2018, 10:56 PM
West was also willing to offer Tobias, 12, 13, AND "additional players" . . . one of Dekker, Harrell S&T, Boban just for fun, etc.

There's still hope, though!

Reporting has bee spotty; I heard it was Harris and 12 OR 13. If was all 3 plus Dekker and Boban, I would've taken that.

Then again that's not discernibly better than the asking price for Philly (Saric, Covington and 3 1st's)

Chinook
07-14-2018, 11:03 PM
I liked the 12/13/Harris deal a lot more than a number of folks here did. Had the Spurs come out of the draft with Lonnie, Mikal and Williams to go with Tobias, I would have been elated. However, Williams has looked like a dud so far, they got Lonnie anyway, and Mikal would not have even been there. Maybe Porter Jr would have been a good pick to sit while Harris held down the spot, I don't know. But the fact that Kawhi hasn't been traded with the slim possibility of a reunion suggests a trade wasn't the best course. There are better outcomes still in the works

Fusternino
07-14-2018, 11:33 PM
Reporting has bee spotty; I heard it was Harris and 12 OR 13. If was all 3 plus Dekker and Boban, I would've taken that.

Then again that's not discernibly better than the asking price for Philly (Saric, Covington and 3 1st's)

Well, Philly is only offering 1 pick right now.

**BUSTA**
07-15-2018, 12:02 AM
I liked the 12/13/Harris deal a lot more than a number of folks here did. Had the Spurs come out of the draft with Lonnie, Mikal and Williams to go with Tobias, I would have been elated. However, Williams has looked like a dud so far, they got Lonnie anyway, and Mikal would not have even been there. Maybe Porter Jr would have been a good pick to sit while Harris held down the spot, I don't know. But the fact that Kawhi hasn't been traded with the slim possibility of a reunion suggests a trade wasn't the best course. There are better outcomes still in the works

I agree with most of this , but Mikal was apparently available. I don't know who approached who in the Sixers-Suns deal , but the suns got Mikal. If West approached Philly about a trade they might have been able to make the deal. I don't see a big difference between a miami or clipper pick in 2021.

Even if Pop didn't want to deal in the draft , the clippers would be in better negotiating position. They'd have to wait about three more weeks to include SGA and Mikal, but if nothing happens by then they could be in the discussion . West is pushing hard to get Kawhi and I think taking Patty for Bev and Boban would close the deal for me. Salaries match and Spurs have the wrong Patrick. Bobi and Toby seem to be good buddies and seem like a lot of fun.

cd021
07-15-2018, 01:12 AM
Well, Philly is only offering 1 pick right now.
Has that been reported? Last I saw-the asking price was Saric, Covington and 3 1sts while Kawhi and Gasol was what Philly wanted.

I figured that then number of picks was the only hangup but if they're only offering 1 then PATFO is right to hang on to Kawhi.

r0drig0lac
07-15-2018, 06:11 AM
shai is the best player of that draft, any trade with the clippers he should be the priority

Trueblood
07-15-2018, 07:48 AM

You don't fold with a top 4 player in the league. You play the hand out until you either get what you want or you fold at the end. We're holding pocket aces and we didn't get what we wanted on the flop (draft) or the turn (opening of free agency) but they're going to hold out for the river (trade deadline) before seeing if we need to fold.

rascal
07-15-2018, 09:05 AM

Spurs were too conservative and should have jumped on draft night to the 76ers to land Bridges. The Spurs were too afraid to pull the trigger on a trade. Conservative thinking

rascal
07-15-2018, 09:08 AM
You don't fold with a top 4 player in the league. You play the hand out until you either get what you want or you fold at the end. We're holding pocket aces and we didn't get what we wanted on the flop (draft) or the turn (opening of free agency) but they're going to hold out for the river (trade deadline) before seeing if we need to fold.

More like a top 10 player. Spur fans over rate Leonard. There are clearly 5 or 6 players better in the league.

rascal
07-15-2018, 09:11 AM
Has that been reported? Last I saw-the asking price was Saric, Covington and 3 1sts while Kawhi and Gasol was what Philly wanted.

I figured that then number of picks was the only hangup but if they're only offering 1 then PATFO is right to hang on to Kawhi.

They could have also gotten Mikal Bridges on draft night in that package. Phil contacted Phoenix so had the Spurs contacted Phil first they could have gotten Bridges. Bridges is going to be a star player.

baseline bum
07-15-2018, 09:11 AM
More like a top 10 player. Spur fans over rate Leonard. There are clearly 5 or 6 players better in the league.

The guy who got second and third in MVP voting in the last two years he played?

rascal
07-15-2018, 09:14 AM
I agree with most of this , but Mikal was apparently available. I don't know who approached who in the Sixers-Suns deal , but the suns got Mikal. If West approached Philly about a trade they might have been able to make the deal. I don't see a big difference between a miami or clipper pick in 2021.

Even if Pop didn't want to deal in the draft , the clippers would be in better negotiating position. They'd have to wait about three more weeks to include SGA and Mikal, but if nothing happens by then they could be in the discussion . West is pushing hard to get Kawhi and I think taking Patty for Bev and Boban would close the deal for me. Salaries match and Spurs have the wrong Patrick. Bobi and Toby seem to be good buddies and seem like a lot of fun.

Phil approached Phoenix as reports had Phoenix was ready to draft Divencenzo but last minute switched to Zaire Smith for Phil. It is known Phil wanted Leonard and had the Spurs first contacted Phil they could have gotten Bridges in a deal.

Trueblood
07-15-2018, 01:11 PM

I can agree with that.

**BUSTA**
07-15-2018, 01:53 PM
Phil approached Phoenix as reports had Phoenix was ready to draft Divencenzo but last minute switched to Zaire Smith for Phil. It is known Phil wanted Leonard and had the Spurs first contacted Phil they could have gotten Bridges in a deal.

I don't think Spurs were going to trade on draft night. If they were , I would have been happy with dealing with the Sixers.
I am looking at it from what would be Jerry West's best play. If he could have made a deal for Mikal , then having Mikal plus whomever else West drafted (SGA, LW4, the other Bridges) would have put him in a better position when/if Spurs were ready to deal.

TD 21
07-15-2018, 03:24 PM

Only James is clearly better. Leonard is in the next tier, with Durant, Curry, Harden, Davis.

They could have also gotten Mikal Bridges on draft night in that package. Phil contacted Phoenix so had the Spurs contacted Phil first they could have gotten Bridges. Bridges is going to be a star player.

No, he's isn't. He's going to be a 3 and D wing (whose too slight to defend the elite combo forwards) and we've seen firsthand in recent years how they all of a sudden don't look as valuable on a team without playmakers.

I don't understand why anyone would want them to make a trade for a package that doesn't begin with a player perceived to have star potential.

rascal
07-15-2018, 04:02 PM
I don't think Spurs were going to trade on draft night. If they were , I would have been happy with dealing with the Sixers.
I am looking at it from what would be Jerry West's best play. If he could have made a deal for Mikal , then having Mikal plus whomever else West drafted (SGA, LW4, the other Bridges) would have put him in a better position when/if Spurs were ready to deal.

The Spurs were not interested in trading on draft night but were just listening to offers. There would have to be an offer from someone that would be too good to pass up for them to make a trade. Had they wanted to make a trade they would have put out offers themselves. What I heard is they were just listening to offers.

rascal
07-15-2018, 04:04 PM
Only James is clearly better. Leonard is in the next tier, with Durant, Curry, Harden, Davis.

No, he's isn't. He's going to be a 3 and D wing (whose too slight to defend the elite combo forwards) and we've seen firsthand in recent years how they all of a sudden don't look as valuable on a team without playmakers.

I don't understand why anyone would want them to make a trade for a package that doesn't begin with a player perceived to have star potential.

Bridges has an offensive game better than Leonard's when Leonard entered the league.

ducks
07-15-2018, 04:04 PM
What I am hearing teams are wondering about Leonard mental and health state
Spurs request or other teams request will not match tell that is resolved
No matter on trade night or in feb deadline

ducks
07-15-2018, 04:05 PM
Bridges has an offensive game better than Leonard's when Leonard entered the league.

But what about his d

rascal
07-15-2018, 04:06 PM

All these players are better than Leonard. Curry and Harden are explosive scorers who carry their teams.

Giannis and Embidd are also better. Dominant centers are more valuable. Both are already putting up better numbers. Try getting any of these two players for Leonard straight up.

TD 21
07-15-2018, 04:15 PM

Bridges is about 2 years older than Leonard was when he entered the league and whether further ahead or not, what Leonard did was extremely rare.

All these players are better than Leonard. Curry and Harden are explosive scorers who carry their teams.

You can debate the order, but none of them are clearly better than Leonard.

rascal
07-15-2018, 04:21 PM
Bridges is about 2 years older than Leonard was when he entered the league and whether further ahead or not, what Leonard did was extremely rare.

You can debate the order, but none of them are clearly better than Leonard.

It becomes a matter of opinion. Most NBA fans will say those players are better while Spur fans who over rate their players will say Leonard is better.

rascal
07-15-2018, 04:23 PM
But what about his d

Solid defender also.

Pavlov
07-15-2018, 04:23 PM
It becomes a matter of opinion.Like this thread.

Chinook
07-15-2018, 04:31 PM
But what about his d

Apa says it's long and curved to the left.

rascal
07-15-2018, 04:33 PM
I would not have traded down like clips did but if hornets took him instead of SGA I would have been more than happy to take SGA instead. Depending how bad Porters back injury was, he could have been the homerun the Spurs would be looking for. I would have liked Robert Williams at 18 even though I knew he was undisiplined and Pop would not be able to handle him. The discipline looks to be worse than I thought. Knowing this I would have taken Okobo , who was projected lower and went at 31.

Denver took the chance with Porter. Had the Spurs had both 12 and 13 they should have used one of those picks on Porter and the other on Miles Bridges. If Porter hits and comes back then that would be a great trade for the Spurs. It is a trade that quickly will rebuild the roster which is going to have to happen.

TD 21
07-15-2018, 04:59 PM
It becomes a matter of opinion. Most NBA fans will say those players are better while Spur fans who over rate their players will say Leonard is better.

You said clearly though. There's no credible argument to support that.

Depends on which fans you're talking about. Casuals might, because those players are more telegenic, but hardcore fans know better.

rascal
07-15-2018, 05:07 PM
You said clearly though. There's no credible argument to support that.

Depends on which fans you're talking about. Casuals might, because those players are more telegenic, but hardcore fans know better.

Clearly to me and I am sure if you ask fans of other teams they will agree.

Fusternino
07-15-2018, 05:11 PM

I'm fairly certain t's been reported Spurs want 3 picks, and were offered 1. I'd really rather not trade Gasol . . . Mills's contract is much worse and we need Gasol considering how thin our front line is.

Fusternino
07-15-2018, 08:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv_jvNkUYrk

What could've been . . .

palangi
07-15-2018, 08:13 PM
I'd like to see us sign Christian wood. He can play the 4or 5. Is long and can shoot and handle the ball a little.

And he's only 22 still. A young big to develop with metu

alpha_HaZE
07-15-2018, 09:35 PM
Based on this Toronto rumor and the fact that it looks like the Lakers and Sixers deal is out the water, wouldn't the clips trade have been the best?? I know nothing has happened yet but just sayin. Not to crazy about DeRozan deal unless they get a couple of pics out of it. Could have had the 12th and 13th pics plus our 18th and Tobias Harris?

One of those clippers picks would have been Lonnie, so NO.

Fusternino
07-15-2018, 09:51 PM

We still could've gotten another wing (Miles Bridges/Troy Brown/etc.) and center (Mitchell Robinson). And Tobias wasn't the only player currently on the Clippers West was offering.

Honestly, if we were OK with carrying 9 guards (ugh) I'd do a Kawhi for Tobias/Montrezl/Jerome Robinson/2021 first round pick right away. Tobias can play the 4 sometimes. Also assuming the 2021 draft is actually as deep as everyone claims it to be.

Fusternino
07-15-2018, 09:54 PM
I'd like to see us sign Christian wood. He can play the 4or 5. Is long and can shoot and handle the ball a little.

And he's only 22 still. A young big to develop with metu

Surprised Bucks haven't given him a contract, tbh.

rascal
07-15-2018, 11:32 PM

No, one of those picks would not have been Lonnie. There were better players at 12 and 13 than Lonnie. The Spurs still had their pick at 18.

Fusternino
07-15-2018, 11:34 PM
No, one of those picks would not have been Lonnie. There were better players at 12 and 13 than Lonnie. The Spurs still had their pick at 18.

I think one of 12/13 would be Lonnie, the other would be SF. He was projected to go much higher. And I don't think the front office was as high on Zhaire as people around here were.

rascal
07-15-2018, 11:45 PM
I think one of 12/13 would be Lonnie, the other would be SF. He was projected to go much higher. And I don't think the front office was as high on Zhaire as people around here were.

Miles Bridges and Porter were higher ranked.

Fusternino
07-15-2018, 11:46 PM
Miles Bridges and Porter were higher ranked.

So you think we go 12-SF, 13-SF, 18-SG? Seems like Spurs were specifically scoping out Lonnie, though.

rascal
07-16-2018, 12:20 AM
So you think we go 12-SF, 13-SF, 18-SG? Seems like Spurs were specifically scoping out Lonnie, though.

Good possibility losing Leonard and Porter needing more recovery time.

Fusternino
07-16-2018, 12:23 AM
Good possibility losing Leonard and Porter needing more recovery time.

We'd be getting back Tobias and still have Rudy. I'd prefer we use the 18 on Mitchell Robinson just to see what happens with him. He's looking a lot better than Robert Williams.

AaronY
07-16-2018, 07:01 AM
What I am hearing teams are wondering about Leonard mental and health state
Spurs request or other teams request will not match tell that is resolved
No matter on trade night or in feb deadline
resolved how? like on dr. phil

TheCerebral1
07-16-2018, 07:39 AM
This just in the Clippers have nothing of relevant value.

Fusternino
07-16-2018, 10:29 AM
How about this for a trade . . .

Kawhi/Mills for Tobias/Harrell S&T/Jerome Robinson/2021, 2023, and 2025 unprotected first round picks.

rascal
02-06-2019, 06:31 PM
Bump

MoSpur02
02-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Hindsight is always 20/20, but looking at it now it does seem that maybe the Spurs would've been better off trading for Tobias Harris and whatever else the Clippers were offering.

spurraider21
02-06-2019, 06:42 PM
if the reports are true that the offer was Tobias and 2 firsts, then yes we dropped the ball

i said the same in july before the season started... https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274895&page=3&p=9481623&viewfull=1#post9481623

rascal
02-06-2019, 06:46 PM
Hindsight is always 20/20, but looking at it now it does seem that maybe the Spurs would've been better off trading for Tobias Harris and whatever else the Clippers were offering.

It wasn't hindsight for those who wanted the Clippers trade.

rascal
02-06-2019, 06:55 PM
if the reports are true that the offer was Tobias and 2 firsts, then yes we dropped the ball

i said the same in july before the season started... https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274895&page=3&p=9481623&viewfull=1#post9481623

Yes, you were one who said the Clipper deal was a good one.

spurraider21
02-06-2019, 06:56 PM
Yes, you were one who said the Clipper deal was a good one.
among others, for sure