PDA

View Full Version : Champion du monde, bishes !!

JPB
07-15-2018, 12:50 PM
I don't even care about soccer tbh, much less competition between nations :lol

spursistan
07-15-2018, 12:51 PM
Must suck for Parker to be watching/celebrating this one from Charlotte, NC..:lol

noles1983
07-15-2018, 12:58 PM
Congrats France on your Poverty Ball Championship

BillMc
07-15-2018, 01:02 PM
That victory in Moscow Napoleon never got.

HarlemHeat37
07-15-2018, 01:08 PM
Macron must be having the time of his life in Russia:lol

BatManu20
07-15-2018, 01:17 PM
Is it just me, or did the World Cup not really get as much national attention this year? At least compared to the last couple ones. Seems like I didn’t hear about it nearly as much this time around, and I only saw a few minutes of a couple matches. Didn’t even really care tbh.

noles1983
07-15-2018, 01:20 PM
Is it just me, or did the World Cup not really get as much national attention this year? At least compared to the last couple ones. Seems like I didn’t hear about it nearly as much this time around, and I only saw a few minutes of a couple matches. Didn’t even really care tbh.

Well in the US, our shitty team didnt even make it. So at least here in the states people gave even less of a shit.

BatManu20
07-15-2018, 01:24 PM
Well in the US, our shitty team didnt even make it. So at least here in the states people gave even less of a shit.

Good point. That’s the exact reason tbh. Americans weren’t pretending to be huge soccer fans for a month this year.

TheGreatYacht
07-15-2018, 01:39 PM
Must suck for Parker to be watching/celebrating this one from Charlotte, NC..:lol
On the bright side, he could be in San Antonio, TX :lol

Mr. Body
07-15-2018, 01:42 PM
That wasn't a penalty.

phxspurfan
07-15-2018, 01:52 PM

What's funny is we have like 3 pro soccer leagues (I think) and couldn't field a team of foreign born players better than Morocco or Uruguay.

SpurPadre
07-15-2018, 01:54 PM
Congrats France on your Poverty Ball Championship

That's funny. The French players who play in this "poverty" ball make more money than you'll ever see.

noles1983
07-15-2018, 01:55 PM
That's funny. The French players who play in this "poverty" ball make more money than you'll ever see.

Hit a nerve I see. Color me shocked that professional sports players make more than me. Dumb fuck.

apalisoc_9
07-15-2018, 01:56 PM
What's funny is we have like 3 pro soccer leagues (I think) and couldn't field a team of foreign born players better than Morocco or Uruguay.

Da fuck.

Moroco have star players in Europe and Uru is a world cup winner. Da fuck

offset formation
07-15-2018, 01:57 PM
:bobo

SpurPadre
07-15-2018, 01:57 PM
Hit a nerve I see. Color me shocked that professional sports players make more than me. Dumb fuck.

Yet you call their sport "pocerty" ball. Yes, I know, you are a dumb fuck...probably a MAGA idiot too.

noles1983
07-15-2018, 01:59 PM
Yet you call their sport "pocerty" ball. Yes, I know, you are a dumb fuck...probably a MAGA idiot too.

Actually no I hate Trump, keep on assuming though. You got a real knack for it.

SpurPadre
Da fuck.

Uruguay have established themselves as a soccer powerhouse for decades too, tbh.

phxspurfan
Da fuck.

have you seen the graphic that shows Morocco has like 75% foreign born players? They're not Moroccans.

TheGreatYacht
Delete this, nephew.

America is an embarrassment to the sport.

SpurPadre
Actually no I hate Trump, keep on assuming though. You got a real knack for it.

Like you assuming soccer is "poverty" ball simply because USA sucks at it.

apalisoc_9
07-15-2018, 02:01 PM
have you seen the graphic that shows Morocco has like 75% foreign born players? They're not Moroccans.

They're morocon descent. Shit theres morocans playing for other teams. Chadli, fellaini are all morcocans playing for belguim.

noles1983
07-15-2018, 02:01 PM

It's poverty ball because its the only sport played in 3rd world countries. USA doesnt prioritize it, we have multiple other sports unlike a lot of other countries.

apalisoc_9
07-15-2018, 02:02 PM
It's poverty ball because its the only sport played in 3rd world countries. USA doesnt prioritize it, we have multiple other sports unlike a lot of other countries.

:lmao

phxspurfan
07-15-2018, 02:02 PM
Delete this, nephew.

America is an embarrassment to the sport.

That's actually the point. The MLS is stupid if it has like 20 teams and we can't even get enough talent to field a shit level world cup team. Americans clearly aren't any good at soccer.

However, another point is a bunch of these national teams have players that clearly aren't from that nation and are just playing because they lived there for a time.

RD2191
07-15-2018, 02:07 PM

USA would dominate soccer if they actually gave a shit. Can you imagine Kawhi as a goalkeeper? :lol He'd be a beast.

apalisoc_9
07-15-2018, 02:10 PM
That's actually the point. The MLS is stupid if it has like 20 teams and we can't even get enough talent to field a shit level world cup team. Americans clearly aren't any good at soccer.

However, another point is a bunch of these national teams have players that clearly aren't from that nation and are just playing because they lived there for a time.

Da hell.

Soccer is a global sport.

Fuck the Japanese/UAE/Korea/egypt are all brttrr league than the MLS :lol

SpurPadre
07-15-2018, 02:12 PM
USA would dominate soccer if they actually gave a shit. Can you imagine Kawhi as a goalkeeper? :lol He'd be a beast.

Other countries would be better at other sports if they gave a shit about them too. You guys are being ugly Americans that can't accept it that we're inferior in something and so gotta be salty about it tbh. Kawhi as a goalkeeper would be a failure cuz he can't even bend down to wipe his own ass...allegedly.

phxspurfan
07-15-2018, 02:19 PM
Kawhi as a goalkeeper would be a failure cuz he can't even bend down to wipe his own ass...allegedly.

:lol true

oh wait it's the offseason. So His Camp magically declared him 100% now

RD2191
07-15-2018, 02:32 PM
Other countries would be better at other sports if they gave a shit about them too. You guys are being ugly Americans that can't accept it that we're inferior in something and so gotta be salty about it tbh. Kawhi as a goalkeeper would be a failure cuz he can't even bend down to wipe his own ass...allegedly.

Wrong on all levels :lol

K...
07-15-2018, 02:34 PM

it's not ugly to suggest America would be good at something when it is a uniquely big nation governed competently (until recently). I mean it's just a fact. I am an anti nationalist but i don't deny that US could be on par with Europe in soccer.

ElNono
07-15-2018, 02:38 PM
congrats

FkLA
07-15-2018, 02:43 PM
2 WC titles in 20 years is pretty damn impressive tbh

phxspurfan
07-15-2018, 02:44 PM
it's not ugly to suggest America would be good at something when it is a uniquely big nation governed competently (until recently). I mean it's just a fact. I am an anti nationalist but i don't deny that US could be on par with Europe in soccer.

Our best talented athletes don't play soccer. They play basketball, football, baseball, golf, boxing, MMA, etc. In the USA soccer doesn't have enough popularity/salary for talented athletic kids to choose it over the more popular sports.

JuneJive
07-15-2018, 03:10 PM
Well deserved.

K...
07-15-2018, 03:15 PM
normative: the usa has population, money, and diversity to destroy soccer

Descriptive: The us spends disproportionately on sports that result in brain injury

SpurPadre
07-15-2018, 05:58 PM

Would've, could've, should've tbh. You could also say that if USA could be on par with Europe or Latin America in soccer, that would also come at the expense of other sporting areas. Someone speculated what would happen if Kawhi decided to play soccer. Well, what would happen if Manu decided to play soccer? What would happen if Yao Ming focused on being a goalie instead of a basketball center? What would happen if Usain Bolt played soccer? You can go on and on. The US sucks at soccer because we suck at soccer. We have to deal with it and stop being salty about it. Give other countries credit. This American exceptionalism stuff is a bunch of bullshit.

Texas_Ranger
07-15-2018, 06:09 PM
Congrats wakanda

Brazil
07-15-2018, 06:17 PM
:lol Texans with poverty ball jokes.. why I’m not surprised... :lol anyway idgaf we got dat second stars !

r0drig0lac
07-15-2018, 06:29 PM
2 WC titles in 20 years is pretty damn impressive tbh

if it were not for the collapse of Zidane would be the third title in 6 wc tbh

spurs10
07-15-2018, 06:51 PM
Felicitations France!! Magnifique!!

TekXX
07-15-2018, 07:27 PM
There arent many french guys on the french team.

benefactor
07-15-2018, 07:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Yi2CST2.png

Texas_Ranger
07-15-2018, 07:32 PM
I love how you french people celebrate on the streets. I wont be surprised if you burn the whole coutry down.

barbacoataco
07-15-2018, 07:36 PM
Soccer, or football is the most popular sport in almost every country except the USA. It is hardly a "third world" sport since all of the best teams this year were from Europe, which is the opposite of the third world. At this year's tournament you saw team good teams from every continent. Of course Brazil and Argentina are always good. Countries like Japan and Korea have good teams. There were African teams. No other other sport even comes remotely close to soccer across the world.

Also, the USA not making the Cup is not really that embarrassing. Italy always has a good team and has won the whole thing recently and they did not make it this year.

I didn't grow up watching soccer and I'll never love it like basketball, football and baseball. But I've learned to enjoy it over the years. It's really pretty cool. There are no commercials! I also like that in soccer you see all types of players with different skills. In some American cities that have good MLS teams it has a large following.

PICK-N-ROLL
07-15-2018, 07:46 PM

I’m sure no Americans made the trip there. Last time an American went to Russia, all he got was a golden shower.

BackHome
07-15-2018, 08:30 PM
Who let these new regards on the board?

SpurOutofTownFan
07-15-2018, 09:09 PM

Being disinformed is something you can fix. There are many sports played in 3rd world countries. For example: baseball, hockey, basketball, clones and derivatives of american football, etc. I believe the US prioritizes all of them.

FkLA
07-15-2018, 09:47 PM
if it were not for the collapse of Zidane would be the third title in 6 wc tbh

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/327/270/163.gif

Russ
07-15-2018, 09:54 PM
I’m sure no Americans made the trip there. Last time an American went to Russia, all he got was a golden shower.

I think Helsinki is a safer bet. :lmao

SpurPadre
07-15-2018, 09:58 PM
Soccer, or football is the most popular sport in almost every country except the USA. It is hardly a "third world" sport since all of the best teams this year were from Europe, which is the opposite of the third world. At this year's tournament you saw team good teams from every continent. Of course Brazil and Argentina are always good. Countries like Japan and Korea have good teams. There were African teams. No other other sport even comes remotely close to soccer across the world.

Also, the USA not making the Cup is not really that embarrassing. Italy always has a good team and has won the whole thing recently and they did not make it this year.

I didn't grow up watching soccer and I'll never love it like basketball, football and baseball. But I've learned to enjoy it over the years. It's really pretty cool. There are no commercials! I also like that in soccer you see all types of players with different skills. In some American cities that have good MLS teams it has a large following.

Being disinformed is something you can fix. There are many sports played in 3rd world countries. For example: baseball, hockey, basketball, clones and derivatives of american football, etc. I believe the US prioritizes all of them.

Good to see some informed Spurs fans here.

PICK-N-ROLL
07-15-2018, 11:25 PM
I think Helsinki is a safer bet. :lmao

:rollin

E20
07-16-2018, 10:50 AM
Why are all the french people or talks of france still going on here, Tony left the team already

TimDunkem
07-16-2018, 11:21 AM
Why are all the french people or talks of france still going on here, Tony left the team already

This.

JPB
07-16-2018, 12:26 PM

It's annoying, tbh.