PDA

View Full Version : Not getting OG or Siakam is a huge letdown

Amuseddaysleeper
07-18-2018, 08:28 AM
This trade would have been so luck better had SA been able to include one of those players

Spurs da champs
07-18-2018, 08:31 AM
I find it hard to believe that neither couldn't have been had. RC & Pop really dropped the ball, but at least it's over with I guess.

davidbowie
07-18-2018, 08:33 AM
kawhi aint staying. we got demar for danny lol

Keepin' it real
07-18-2018, 08:34 AM
Meh, get over it.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-18-2018, 08:44 AM
Still better than any other reported offer
It is what it is, no need to bitch about it, just move on. It's shaping up to be a season with a lot of trade possibilities so it could be exciting.

Hoping one or both first round picks go to Minnesota for Butler.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 08:52 AM
Thanks for making another shit thread instead of putting your stupid throw away sentence in one of the main threads.

Robz4000
07-18-2018, 08:54 AM
Yep, absolutely disgusting. There had to of been better trade proposals out there. Hell, the Clippers offer at the draft WAS better (albeit fuck sending Kawhi where he wanted).

Fireball
07-18-2018, 08:55 AM
too bad ... i wanted that OG guy

Budkin
07-18-2018, 08:56 AM
At least we got a decent player, but yeah. I don't understand just throwing in Danny Green. Our defense is utter shit now. The only great thing about this trade is that Kawhi is going to a team he doesn't want to play for in the East. But we could have just kept him on the Spurs. I'm torn.

Silver&Black
07-18-2018, 08:57 AM
There is a 600 page thread you could have posted your opinion in. You ain't special faggot. Your opinion isn't "New Thread" worthy.

marinoman
07-18-2018, 09:02 AM
Plus we didn’t get rid of the pau or patty contract but

Dverde
07-18-2018, 09:02 AM
I think the deal is fair. You fools want to much for a malcontent guy. We’re lucky they were willing to do the trade despite malcontent’s team trying to blow it up. I thought Siakam would be the player traded, maybe the Spurs valued the other player more.

TheGreatYacht
07-18-2018, 09:17 AM
Got no first round pick

kept the Gasol and Mills contracts

got no young prospect

:lmao

RV Drunkford fluffers working overtime to polish this turd lmfao. Our big 3 consists of Aldridge, Derozan, and Gay. The playoffs aren't ready for us!

BWS-1994
07-18-2018, 09:33 AM
DD will now be the Spurs starting SF? Or will Pop go big?

Holden_Caulfield
07-18-2018, 09:46 AM
We could've had 13 14 and Tobias :lol

exstatic
07-18-2018, 09:47 AM
Yep, absolutely disgusting. There had to of been better trade proposals out there. Hell, the Clippers offer at the draft WAS better (albeit fuck sending Kawhi where he wanted).

Contrary to rumors, the Clip were NOT offering both picks. It was one late lotto plus Tobias Harris. That pick would have had to be better than DD, since Harris sure as fuck isn't.

8FOR!3
07-18-2018, 09:47 AM
Maybe the front office thought rim protector was better than OG, plus Toronto might not have been willing to include them with a first round pick idk. I'd assume they weren't going to trade Siakam with all the hype he's been getting.

rascal
07-18-2018, 09:50 AM
At least we got a decent player, but yeah. I don't understand just throwing in Danny Green. Our defense is utter shit now. The only great thing about this trade is that Kawhi is going to a team he doesn't want to play for in the East. But we could have just kept him on the Spurs. I'm torn.

Toronto may trade him to the Lakers.

rascal
07-18-2018, 09:51 AM

Toronto may trade him to the Lakers.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-18-2018, 10:01 AM
My guess is the Spurs had their pick of young prospects and chose young big over another wing.

Holden_Caulfield
07-18-2018, 10:03 AM
My guess is the Spurs had their pick of young prospects and chose young big over another wing.

20yo vs 22yo. Doubt that. Probably between Poetl and siakam

NASpurs
05-30-2019, 10:38 PM
We traded Kawhi for a faggy emo. How's Siakam doing?

slick'81
05-30-2019, 10:38 PM
Poodle power

SuperCam
05-30-2019, 10:39 PM
only PATFO could trade Kiwi and not come away with a top 3 playoff performer from the other team :lol

Degoat
05-30-2019, 10:43 PM
You know the spurs misdiagnosing his injury is talked about a lot among people and the media but what if the spurs really thought he wouldn’t ever be the same player again, imagine if his injury was really bad and would have affected him this season, the spurs would look like winners in the trade but unfortunately kawhi is back playing at an elite level

spurraider21
05-30-2019, 10:45 PM
they weren't on the table

spurraider21
05-30-2019, 10:46 PM
We could've had 13 14 and Tobias :lol
eyup

r0drig0lac
05-30-2019, 10:52 PM
but purdle....

Genovaswitness
05-30-2019, 10:52 PM
Got no first round pick

kept the Gasol and Mills contracts

got no young prospect

:lmao

RV Drunkford fluffers working overtime to polish this turd lmfao. Our big 3 consists of Aldridge, Derozan, and Gay. The playoffs aren't ready for us!

goddamn. prescient

HarlemHeat37
05-30-2019, 10:55 PM
Getting Siakam was never a realistic option..can't even envision a scenario where Ujiri would have included him in this deal..

Hoops Czar
05-30-2019, 11:51 PM
Getting Siakam was never a realistic option..can't even envision a scenario where Ujiri would have included him in this deal..
Kawhi shouldn't have been an option for Ujiri yet, here we are....

Uriel
05-31-2019, 12:05 AM
What if we had offered to let them keep DeRozan if they had given us Siakam instead?

Obviously they wouldn’t do it now knowing what they know. But maybe they would’ve been willing to do it then.

Uriel
05-31-2019, 12:07 AM
In hindsight, we should’ve made the deal OG, Siakam, Poeltl, plus a first round pick for Kawhi. Obviously the Raptors would never do that deal now knowing what they know. But they may have been willing to do it then—the prospect of teaming Kawhi with DeRozan and Lowry may have been too tantalizing to pass up.

HarlemHeat37
05-31-2019, 12:09 AM
Kawhi shouldn't have been an option for Ujiri yet, here we are....

Kawhi was a 1-year rental coming from a team that had no leverage against him..

barakz21
05-31-2019, 12:09 AM
Out of curiosity, as I never watched Raptors games, what’s the deal with wanting Siakam? Was it because of potential or flashes he shown last year? Or was he actually producing for them, as well as showing flashes?

Hoops Czar
05-31-2019, 12:12 AM
What if we had offered to let them keep DeRozan if they had given us Siakam instead?

Obviously they wouldn’t do it now knowing what they know. But maybe they would’ve been willing to do it then.
They knew then what they know now. They didn't want DeRozan. He was a flat out salary dump. Toronto also couldn't trade Siakem straight up for Kawhi because Leonard made too much money.

HarlemHeat37
05-31-2019, 12:13 AM

Dumping DeRozan's deal was the biggest part of this trade for Masai..he was able to dump that contract, while acquiring a superstar for 1 year as a way to save face with the many fans and media that would kill him for trading DD(which did occur and looks really stupid in hindsight:lol )..it was house money for him..

Ujiri loves Siakam, can't imagine any way he would have given him up for a 1-year rental, knowing the Spurs didn't have any leverage after Kawhi sabotaged his trade value..

Hoops Czar
05-31-2019, 12:13 AM
Kawhi was a 1-year rental coming from a team that had no leverage against him..
New Orleans has no leverage with Anthony Davis. Let's see what kind of return he gets.

HarlemHeat37
05-31-2019, 12:16 AM
New Orleans has no leverage with Anthony Davis. Let's see what kind of return he gets.

New Orleans may not have played it the same way had the Kawhi situation not occurred just months earlier..

Amuseddaysleeper
05-31-2019, 12:24 AM
Out of curiosity, as I never watched Raptors games, what’s the deal with wanting Siakam? Was it because of potential or flashes he shown last year? Or was he actually producing for them, as well as showing flashes?

He’s getting the most improved player award. He’s better than anyone on the spurs roster right now

Nathan89
05-31-2019, 12:34 AM
Siakam would have made the trade digestible.

gambit1990
05-31-2019, 12:46 AM
He’s getting the most improved player award. He’s better than anyone on the spurs roster right now

JeffDuncan
05-31-2019, 03:21 AM

Siakam was a bench player for the Raps last year. He played in 81 games but only started 5. He didn't look nearly as desirable a player as he looks now.

Ppg last year, 7.3
This year, 16.9.

Free throw % last year, .621
This year, .785.

3pt % last year, .220
This year, .369.

Huge improvements.

barakz21
05-31-2019, 03:46 AM

Yeah, no I got that. I was just curious, why people wanted him before the trade, potential + flashes or if he was actually producing for them last year. But man, would’ve been really nice had they gotten him in that deal.

barakz21
05-31-2019, 03:49 AM
Siakam was a bench player for the Raps last year. He played in 81 games but only started 5. He didn't look nearly as desirable a player as he looks now.

Ppg last year, 7.3
This year, 16.9.

Free throw % last year, .621
This year, .785.

3pt % last year, .220
This year, .369.

Huge improvements.

So potential then, got it. Boy, that trade would’ve been awesome had they gotten the same
package plus Siakam. God, I can’t wait for this draft. As a spurfan, I can’t really root for the dubs. But since I’m a spurfan, I will, because fuck Kawhi. :lmao

DJR210
05-31-2019, 03:54 AM
Pop and RC should get nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for this generosity they've shown to the Toronto Raptors.. So selfless to gift them the best player in basketball for 3 role players

RC_Drunkford
05-31-2019, 05:37 AM

they have more leverage than the Spurs had because AD is healthy while Kawhi was healthy but everybody thought he was hurt and there were big concerns about his health

Siakam, OG and Poeltl for Kawhi doesn't work salary wise. I don't think Ujiri wanted to give up Siakam. I think he wanted to dumb DeRozan and the Spurs wanted to pair him up with Kawhi and Aldridge, but since Kawhi wanted out they traded him for DeMar. There were rumors that the Spurs were getting another star player before they decided to trade Leonard.

Siakam or OG are the 2 players you would want to replace a wing with elite defense. Getting Poeltl instead was really disappointing.

The problem with DeRozan is that if you split his 28 million on 2 elite role players, you'll probably get the same production with better defense and better spacing

LkrFan
05-31-2019, 05:48 AM
:lol

Killakobe81
05-31-2019, 06:41 AM
Dumping DeRozan's deal was the biggest part of this trade for Masai..he was able to dump that contract, while acquiring a superstar for 1 year as a way to save face with the many fans and media that would kill him for trading DD(which did occur and looks really stupid in hindsight:lol )..it was house money for him..

Ujiri loves Siakam, can't imagine any way he would have given him up for a 1-year rental, knowing the Spurs didn't have any leverage after Kawhi sabotaged his trade value..

Disagree.
You have Kawhi.
You wait for a better offer.
But let's say dumping DD was the primary objective...
So Spurs eat the worse, contract, trade the best player by far even if coming off injury... And best future asset they get is a middling pick?!

How does that make anything better for this deal?!
This has NOTHING TO DO WITH Lakers its simply a bad trade despite DD helping Spurs make playoffs... Plus now even Danny Green is knocking down shots and defending... Just indefensible

But if this ends the Warriors run thank God...
I like being the last team to three peat
Warriors may come back but without KD they in legitimate trouble and now Iggy is hurt too

SpurOutofTownFan
05-31-2019, 08:12 AM
You know the spurs misdiagnosing his injury is talked about a lot among people and the media but what if the spurs really thought he wouldn’t ever be the same player again, imagine if his injury was really bad and would have affected him this season, the spurs would look like winners in the trade but unfortunately kawhi is back playing at an elite level

The last year of the "injury" was all fake so he could get the hell out of there. That's the main problem in trust. He's just as healthy as he was for the entire last year he was out.

GreekSpursfan
05-31-2019, 08:27 AM
This discussion again when everyone and their mother knows that Uncle dick put the Spurs in a seriously bad position and they had zero leverage in any negotiation. I can only imagine(because no one knows, lets be real) what the other offers were, absolute garbage probably for a one year rental.

Spurtacular
05-31-2019, 05:17 PM
There is a 600 page thread you could have posted your opinion in. You ain't special faggot. Your opinion isn't "New Thread" worthy.

STFU

Fusternino
05-31-2019, 07:36 PM
Honestly Poeltl could still end up being better than OG.

bklynspursfan
05-31-2019, 08:50 PM

slick'81
05-31-2019, 09:42 PM
Honestly Poeltl could still end up being better than OG.

That isnt saying much

Johojowhite
05-31-2019, 09:44 PM
OG had 18 points and hit a pump fake side step game tying three pointer (before Lebron hit that game winner in game 3). Kid showed more clutch in that moment than Demar ever did.

tholdren
06-01-2019, 12:02 AM
OG had 18 points and hit a pump fake side step game tying three pointer (before Lebron hit that game winner in game 3). Kid showed more clutch in that moment than Demar ever did.

Wah. All this is. Is entertainment. Sadly, these bums with minimal skill along with advertisements are keeping you mentally invested.sad

spurs1990
06-01-2019, 12:13 AM
I would have offered Leonard for siakam, OG and a 1st straight up. Tell them to keep DeRozan.

Anyways we're simply suffering for all that success the last 20 years. Gotta be humbled to again appreciate the higher moment

tholdren
06-01-2019, 12:15 AM
I would have offered Leonard for siakam, OG and a 1st straight up. Tell them to keep DeRozan.

Anyways we're simply suffering for all that success the last 20 years. Gotta be humbled to again appreciate the higher moment
Ok