PDA

View Full Version : FBL opinions...

JMarkJohns
10-22-2005, 05:05 PM
12 team League, 12 man roster, 9 spots in play per week (head to head)...

It's my first ever Fantasy Basketball League.

Wondering your thoughts on my team...

PG: Jason Terry, Earl Boykins
SG: Manu Ginobili, Mike Miller, Raja Bell
SF: Shawn Marion, Donyell Marshall, Mike Dunleavy
PF: Elton Brand, Drew Gooden
C: Rasheed Wallace, Marcus Camby

I orginally drafted Michael Redd and Antawn Jamison, but traded Redd for Terry and Jamison for Rasheed.

I like it's all-around capability.

I've got 8 guys who'll likely average 14 points or more.
I've got 8 guys who'll possibly average 6 rebounds or more.
I've got 7 guys who'll likely average 3 assists or more.
I've got 5 guys who'll likely notch 100 steals or more.
I've got 5 guys who'll likely notch 100 blocks or more.
I've got 8 guys who'll likely notch 100 threes or more.

The whole team has solid to very good FG%, 3-point% and, after Camby and Wallace, FT%.

I'm pretty amped for this. What do you think?

sickdsm
10-23-2005, 04:10 PM
I don't like the idea of having both Boozer AND Marshall on the same team.

Plus i don't think i'd do that terry for Redd trade. I like getting Rasheed for Jamison though. Redd may very well blow up this year with the additions of Simmons, Ford, and Bogut. Plus you IMO, NEED a guy who can shoot lights out. I can see why you wanted a good starting PG being as you didn't draft one though. I don't like the idea of Boykins either, too many Q's about the PG situation to start the year.

JMarkJohns
10-24-2005, 12:46 AM
He, he... Yeah.. I traded Cotton-Camby and Terry for Iverson and Mihm.

Redd can't shoot light out! I've got Bell and he'll shoot the same percentage from downtown and better from the field.

Mark my words...

I'm in the process of trading for McGrady.

The package I'm offering is either...

sf/pf Shawn Marion and sg/sf Mike Miller for Tracy McGrady and Andre Miller

or

sg Manu Ginobili, sf/pf Donyell Marshall, pf Drew Gooden for thee above

The guy I'm trading with has very few big men, with his best being 100th ranked Eddy Curry. So I'm offering him a stud PF (marion) and a nice wing (miller) or quality PF depth (gooden/marshall) and a stud wing (ginobili).

He person in question will not miss either as he somehow drafted Kidd, Francis, Baron Davis and Carmello.

He's deciding between the two. IMO, I'd rather keep Ginobili, Gooden and Marshall than Marion and Miller.

I love Marion, but I think he's headed for a down year, meanwhile Ginobili and Gooden will blow up, while Marshall will throw in 200+ threes.

JMarkJohns
10-24-2005, 02:20 AM
I'm in the process of trading for McGrady.

The package I'm offering is either...

sf/pf Shawn Marion and sg/sf Mike Miller for Tracy McGrady and Andre Miller

or

sg Manu Ginobili, sf/pf Donyell Marshall, pf Drew Gooden for thee above

The guy I'm trading with has very few big men, with his best being 100th ranked Eddy Curry. So I'm offering him a stud PF (marion) and a nice wing (miller) or quality PF depth (gooden/marshall) and a stud wing (ginobili).

He person in question will not miss either as he somehow drafted Kidd, Francis, Baron Davis and Carmello.

He's deciding between the two. IMO, I'd rather keep Ginobili, Gooden and Marshall than Marion and Miller.

I love Marion, but I think he's headed for a down year, meanwhile Ginobili and Gooden will blow up, while Marshall will throw in 200+ threes.

Ehh.. I guess he isn't in any hurry to improve his frontcourt.

He says he likes the Marion deal, but doesn't really want to trade McGrady.

I added Dunleavy to the Marion/Miller offer.

He's not throw in, as he averaged 16-6-3 on 45% from the field and 40% from range with Baron Davis on the Warriors (feb, mar, apr)...

I think he'll do it, because his frontcourt is awful, but I'm no longer on the "verge"...

JMarkJohns
10-24-2005, 04:25 AM
Tee, hee

He bit.

Marion, M. Miller, M. Dunleavy for McGrady and Andre Miller...

My lineup is now

PG: Andre Miller
SG: Manu Ginobili
G: Allen Iverson
SF: Tracy McGrady
PF: Elton Brand
F: Drew Gooden
C: Rasheed Wallace
Utility: Donyell Marshall
Utility: Raja Bell

Bench
PG: Earl Boykins
C: Chris Mihm
empty, but likely either Luel Deng or James Jones

spur219
10-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Go with Luol Deng

JMarkJohns
10-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Deng is better all around, but if I want threes, Jones will make 2/3 a game while shooting 40% from range and will score around 14/15 points and grab 4 rebounds.

I'm also thinking that Mike James from Toronto is a better backup PG than Boykins because he's the starter and the main point. Boykins is one of three, including Miller, whom I have.

What do you think about Manu for Ray Allen?

It's been proposed to me and I'm not sure if I want to. It would give me that lights out shooter, plus another dominant scorer, but I like Manu alot.

Thanks in advance...

ShoogarBear
10-24-2005, 02:14 PM
My first fantasy experience was last year. I also had a lot of pretty good players in the lower half of my roster (spots 5-10). But then I learned that depth didn't seem to help nearly as much as having 3-4 statistical superstarts who a dominate mutliple stats columns. Of the guys on your list, only Marion (a top 5 fantasy player) and Brand fit, with Manu on the second tier.

You also need to be careful about players who are playing on better teams this year (like Marshall) or who are getting a bunch of new talent around them (like Redd) as their roles may change.

But then what do I know?

EDIT: Just saw your trade. I like it. I also think Ray is worth more than Manu in fantasy league, so I'd go for it.

JMarkJohns
10-25-2005, 01:09 AM
Honestly, which team is better?

PG: Andre Miller
SG: Manu Ginobili
G: Allen Iverson
SF: Tracy McGrady
PF: Elton Brand
F: Drew Gooden
C: Rasheed Wallace
Utility: Raja Bell
Utility: Donyell Marshall
Bench: Earl Boykins
Bench: James Jones
Bench: Chris Mihm

or

PG: Jason Kidd
SG: Ray Allen
G: Kirk Hinrich
SF: LeBron James
PF: Jermaine O'Neal
F: Troy Murphy
C: Zydrunas Ilgauskus
Utility: Stephen Jackson
Uyility: Stromile Swift
Bench: J.R. Smith
Bench: Rasual Butler
Bench: Zaza Pachulia

Basis is on weekly matchups where played players totals are added up (and percentized for FG% and FT%) in the following categories...

Points, Rebounds, Assists, Turnovers, Steals, Blocks, FG%, FT%, Threes made

I'm just wondering because he's said repeatedly that the top is the team to beat and he's gone to extended length to fix/fill holes at PF and PG.

JMarkJohns
10-26-2005, 10:15 PM
Not that many care, but I've pretty much finalized my roster...

PG: Andre Miller (averaged 18 points, 8 assists under Karl)
SG: Raja Bell (is averaging 14 ppg, 4 rpg, 3 apg, 2 threes per game this preseason)
G: Allen Iverson (averaged 30 points, 8 assists and 2 steals last season)
SF: Tracy McGrady (averaged 26-5-6-2 last season)
PF: Elton Brand (20-10-3a-2b is likely)
F: Pau Gasol (18-7-3a-2b is likely)
C: Rasheed Wallace (should average 17-8-3a-2a under Flip, 15-8-2-2 last year)
Utility: Drew Gooden (averaged 18-10-2a-1+b per game as a starter last season)
Utility: Donyell Marshall (should average 12-6-2a-1s-1b and 2 threes a game)
Bench: Earl Boykins (13 ppg, 6 apg, 2 rpg and a steal post All-Star break)
Bench: James Jones (Averaged .4 points a minute last year, should play 30 mpg)

Then I have Chris Mihm, but he is being waived if my claim of Brendan Haywood is successful.

Either way I expect around 7 rebounds from each, which good FG%, but more points (not a conern for me) from Mihm and more steals and blocks from Haywood.

Mihm (13-7-2a-1b), Haywood (10-8-2b-1a-1s)