PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye wingstop!!

skin27
07-18-2018, 12:14 PM
Bye green and leonard, expect the spurs defense to suck next season..

buttsR4rebounding
07-18-2018, 12:45 PM
Spurs were 3rd in Defense last year without Kawhi. DeRozan is a good defender. Poltl is a very good rim protector. White will get a lot more run and is an excellent defender. The Spurs will likely be a better defensive team than last year.

TheGreatYacht
07-18-2018, 12:48 PM
Meh. We had no Kawhi last year and Green has been a gas station food restaurant for the last 3 years. Defense will be fine.

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2018, 12:51 PM
Spurs were 3rd in Defense last year without Kawhi. DeRozan is a good defender. Poltl is a very good rim protector. White will get a lot more run and is an excellent defender. The Spurs will likely be a better defensive team than last year.

Derozan is one of the worst defensive wings in the league..

Spurs will still be a top 10 defense, they always are, but I can't see how they won't get worse..

Trainwreck2100
07-18-2018, 12:54 PM

they lost all of their perimeter defenders, all of them

spurraider21
07-18-2018, 12:55 PM

Spurs will still be a top 10 defense, they always are, but I can't see how they won't get worse..
after seeing guys like mills, forbes, marco... spurfan just assumes anybody with decent length and good athleticism is automatically a good defender.

spurraider21
07-18-2018, 12:56 PM
you can say we didnt have kawhi last year anyway, so that doesn't factor in... sure.

but we still lost green and anderson, too. and those guys were both very good defensive players over the aggregate

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2018, 12:57 PM
It's not just individual defensive ability, it's continuity..their defense didn't suffer when Kawhi or Green or even Duncan went out in the past, but it was mostly the same players that played together for years in the same system..

Regardless, the offense will be much better, at least..

Mugen
07-18-2018, 12:58 PM

I don't see how we'll be a Top 10 defense next year tbh, I know it's a low bar but they've got literally nobody to defend the wings :lol

spurraider21
07-18-2018, 01:00 PM
anunoby would certainly have helped though

spurraider21
07-18-2018, 01:01 PM
blossomgame might be a necessity at this point just to compete defensively

BackHome
07-18-2018, 04:32 PM
It's not just individual defensive ability, it's continuity..their defense didn't suffer when Kawhi or Green or even Duncan went out in the past, but it was mostly the same players that played together for years in the same system..

Regardless, the offense will be much better, at least..

Good take actually reason why Spurs are so consistent very rare that we loose this many players in the same year

ginobilized
07-19-2018, 10:55 AM
Wingstop was a glorius duo. They will be missed.
I'm sad to say that my moniker for this pair will be laid to rest for Spurstalk. It felt pretty awesome to contribute a small piece to this larger-than-life spurs family.

I hope the wings are tasty in Toronto fellas.

SAGirl
07-19-2018, 11:11 AM
Wingstop
:bobo

Will be in Toronto.... Just got to hope that tendinopathy has recurrences and Danny continues his decline. :downspin:

rjv
07-19-2018, 11:21 AM
who the hell goes to wingstop?