PDA

View Full Version : "We'll do it again . . ." -- Pop

Russ
07-18-2018, 01:23 PM
We'll do it again but we'll have an even more talented crew this year than we had last year.

--- Gregg Popovich

:flag:

DAF86
07-18-2018, 01:29 PM
Short sighted view. He just fucked the Spurs over for years to come.

Best case scenario: we'll be stucked on mediocrity for the next 3 years.
Worst case: We'll suck with no hope of a speedy recovery thanks to some awful contracts.

Pop has seriously lost it in terms of roster construction.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 01:34 PM

Worst case: We'll suck with no hope of a speedy recovery thanks to some awful contracts.

The thought that the Spurs are somehow missing out on something that wasn't going to happen the moment Kawhi decided to be a bitch is just laughable.

spurraider21
07-18-2018, 01:35 PM

aldridge situation was a perfect storm. the spurs having max slots available is almost never relevant.

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2018, 01:37 PM
Pop doesn't want to coach a rebuilding team in his final 2 years..I don't agree with it and neither do most fans here, but he's earned the right to leave on his own terms..

I strongly dislike DeRozan, but he was by far their best option for a win-now piece..actually, it sounds like he was the only option:lol

cjw
07-18-2018, 01:37 PM

Best case? Spurs are the second best team in the West this season. They won 47 with zero production from Kawhi. Houston is going to be worse this year. Likely - no. But possible they’re second fiddle to the Warriors.

Worst case? You move Derozan in a year, and can start the rebuild next summer by buying out Pau for his $6 million. Patty will also be very moveable in a year after FA.

And hope the young guys develop. If they catch lightening in a bottle with Walker, could be a lot of fun.

YGWHI
07-18-2018, 01:38 PM
I thought the Spurs could make more moves this offeseason but it seemed like Pop is fine with this current roster.

Anyway...We'll do it again! :lobt2:

DAF86
07-18-2018, 01:39 PM
aldridge situation was a perfect storm. the spurs having max slots available is almost never relevant.

That's exactly why they should have tried to get as many prospects and draft picks as possible, instead of an overpaid "star" that everybody knows will never be able to lead a team to anything relevant.

GrapplingYautja
07-18-2018, 01:40 PM
They will. I joined this board to be around Spurs FANS. Some of you faggots, bitches, pussies are BETA lame cucks! I'd check your wife's phone because someone's sliding in her DMs.

We have Murray, LMA, DeRozan, Gay, Gasol with Mills, White, Walker, Belinelli, possibly Manu. That's not too bad. We need guys that have some sense of TEAM, character, not just "ballers" and stat padders. Coach Pop and his squad are going to COACH our dudes up. Spurs have ALWAYS been a solid defensive team. We just upgraded a little bit on the offensive side.

You don't like what roster Pop and RC cook up then go be a PLAYER fan and get the fuck out!

Also, it'll be glorious eliminating the Lakers in the playoffs, too. (Fuck Serial Killer Rob Lowe and AIDS Johnson.)

SpursDynasty85

This trade was more on RC than Pop it seems. We got a lottery pick in Poelt'l, first round draft pick, and a scoring machine that gets to the line. You're too negative bro.

DAF86
Best case? Spurs are the second best team in the West this season. They won 47 with zero production from Kawhi. Houston is going to be worse this year. Likely - no. But possible they’re second fiddle to the Warriors.

Worst case? You move Derozan in a year, and can start the rebuild next summer by buying out Pau for his $6 million. Patty will also be very moveable in a year after FA.

And hope the young guys develop. If they catch lightening in a bottle with Walker, could be a lot of fun.

Who is going to take him?

spurraider21
07-18-2018, 01:41 PM
That's exactly why they should have tried to get as many prospects and draft picks as possible, instead of an overpaid "star" that everybody knows will never be able to lead a team to anything relevant.
i think we are going to have to accept that the spurs weren't seriously going to compete for a while unless they landed another kawhi like gem in the draft. or we go full on tank for assets like the celtics and sixers did.

spurs already have attendance issues with a reasonably competitive team. i dont think they can afford to tank quite frankly

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 01:42 PM

The Spurs are not going to just tank man. Its a financial reality that you and others should stop dreaming about. Right now the Spurs have 3 young prospects in White, DJ, and Walker. Lets not act like the cupboard is bare.

DAF86
Pop doesn't want to coach a rebuilding team in his final 2 years..I don't agree with it and neither do most fans here, but he's earned the right to leave on his own terms..

I strongly dislike DeRozan, but he was by far their best option for a win-now piece..actually, it sounds like he was the only option:lol

I'm sure they could have got an Irving or Butler if they really tried.

MannyIsGod

Yeah the market on all nba all stars is non existant. Are you fucking serious with this shit?

Joseph Kony
07-18-2018, 01:43 PM
my only concern is that Derozan gets depressed and plays like shit

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 01:43 PM

:lmao

"I'm sure"

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2018, 01:44 PM

Based on what?

testies
Pop is clearly senile.. let him enjoy his last 2 years... RC has to go too

MannyIsGod
People on ST always assume the Spurs can get anyone they fucking want even when media reports are saying that Boston didn't want to give up JAYLEN FUCKING BROWN and the 76ers ouldn't give up FULTZ. But yeah, I don't understand why the Spurs didn't just trade for Irving or Jimmy Butler. So weird, right?

slick'81
Yeah the market on all nba all stars is non existant. Are you fucking serious with this shit?

Nobody wanted to touch that derozan contract.still straight up for kawahi hes probably the most talented player spurs could nab

Amuseddaysleeper
07-18-2018, 01:45 PM

Bingo :tu

YGWHI
The Spurs didn't want Kyrie. Or they didn't want to help C's and Ainge...Who knows.

Boston won't admit it in public but many reports said they offered Irving for Kawhi when the offseason started.

daslicer
my only concern is that Derozan gets depressed and plays like shit

He'll be fine after taking some Prozac.

TimDunkem
07-18-2018, 01:46 PM

Yeah. It's not like DD is Pau or anything. There's usually some GM willing to take what you have off your hands. We see it every season.

Poolboy5623
07-18-2018, 01:46 PM
Why would it matter if the Spurs had a ton of $ to spend in free agency??

GrapplingYautja
07-18-2018, 01:47 PM

"I'm sure"

These dudes play too much NBA2K and play around with that stupid ESPN Draft Machine.

We got as good of a trade as we could for a ONE YEAR RENTAL, dummies!

DAF86

If, somewhere down the line, they plan to trade DeRozan is because the shit didn't work as planned, probably because of subpar play by that player. Folks of over 30 playing at a subpar level and getting paid 30 millions per year for the next 3 years aren't very easy to move, tbh.

NASpurs
They will. I joined this board to be around Spurs FANS. Some of you faggots, bitches, pussies are BETA lame cucks! I'd check your wife's phone because someone's sliding in her DMs.

We have Murray, LMA, DeRozan, Gay, Gasol with Mills, White, Walker, Belinelli, possibly Manu. That's not too bad. We need guys that have some sense of TEAM, character, not just "ballers" and stat padders. Coach Pop and his squad are going to COACH our dudes up. Spurs have ALWAYS been a solid defensive team. We just upgraded a little bit on the offensive side.

You don't like what roster Pop and RC cook up then go be a PLAYER fan and get the fuck out!

Also, it'll be glorious eliminating the Lakers in the playoffs, too. (Fuck Serial Killer Rob Lowe and AIDS Johnson.)

:lol I like this guy. BOLD him!

HarlemHeat37
This team barely fills the arena when they're actually good, you guys think they're going to tank right now?:lol

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-18-2018, 01:48 PM
Yeah. It's not like DD is Pau or anything. There's usually some GM willing to take what you have off your hands. We see it every season.

Yeah some schmuck even took a player whose group stated they wouldn't show up :lol

cjw
07-18-2018, 01:48 PM
People on ST always assume the Spurs can get anyone they fucking want even when media reports are saying that Boston didn't want to give up JAYLEN FUCKING BROWN and the 76ers ouldn't give up FULTZ. But yeah, I don't understand why the Spurs didn't just trade for Irving or Jimmy Butler. So weird, right?

:toast

And RC stuck it to both teams by giving their biggest competitor a shot in the arm.

Also, funny how people around here think there’s zero market for Derozan in a year if Spurs want to rebuild.

Hoops Czar
07-18-2018, 01:49 PM
This team barely fills the arena when they're actually good, you guys think they're going to tank right now?:lol
I was kind of hoping they'd tank their way out of San Antonio.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 01:49 PM
Its fucking laughable to me that in this same thread the same person posts that the Spurs could get Butler or Irving for Kawhi but that they won't be able to move Demar's contract if they want cap room. At least be consistent with the bullshit.

I get being upset because the team went from contenders to mediocre in the span of one miserable season but if you're blaming PATFO for this shit show you're simply wrong. This all rests at the feet of Kawhi and his stupid uncle. The Spurs did the best they could to polish this turd.

DAF86
07-18-2018, 01:50 PM
Based on what?

There are many reports that indicated that the Cletics indeed offered Irving, tbh.

And Butler is another disgruntled star that will leave his team in the offseason. If they would have picked the phone and started to discuss possibilities, I'm sure they could have got somewhere.

DAF86
07-18-2018, 01:52 PM

You think that Demar fucking DeRozan is going to sell any kind of tickets?

Also, there were others options that could have mantained the Spurs a playoffs team and didn't involve taking on DeRozan's cancer play and contract. Like getting Saric and Covington.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 01:53 PM
You think that Demar fucking DeRozan is going to seel any kind of tickets?

Also, there were others options that could have mantained the Spurs a playoffs team and didn't involve taking on DeRozan's cancer play and contract. Like getting Saric and Covington.

THEY WEREN'T WILLING TO TRADE SARIC. JFC.

BG_Spurs_Fan
There are many reports that indicated that the Cletics indeed offered Irving, tbh.

And Butler is another disgruntled star that will leave his team in the offseason. If they would have picked the phone and started to discuss possibilities, I'm sure they could have got somewhere.

Do you like seriously believe they haven't picked up the phone and talked to every single team over a million of possibilities that you never even thought of before making the deal?

MannyIsGod
Ya'll can anyone explain to me why they didn't just trade Kawhi for Durant instead of getting DeRozan? I mean really what are PATFO thinking?

Chucho
07-18-2018, 01:54 PM
People are acting like the roles each person played for their teams got traded as well. No one is asking DeRozan to come in and "carry" the team or be the franchise. He's the No. 2 to Aldridge and we have Rudy who is getting better.

Compared to giving that awful contract to Bonertrans - who can't rebound or defend worth a shit- this move is a win. This off season has been shit and people who think we could have done better might be retarded.

rjv

DAF86
Its fucking laughable to me that in this same thread the same person posts that the Spurs could get Butler or Irving for Kawhi but that they won't be able to move Demar's contract if they want cap room. At least be consistent with the bullshit.

I get being upset because the team went from contenders to mediocre in the span of one miserable season but if you're blaming PATFO for this shit show you're simply wrong. This all rests at the feet of Kawhi and his stupid uncle. The Spurs did the best they could to polish this turd.

Please explain me how those two scenarios would be related. :lol

iGetbuckets

Saric wasn’t on the table my guy lol

Hoops Czar
I would have taken one year of Irving over three years of DeRozen.

DAF86
07-18-2018, 01:55 PM
Do you like seriously believe they haven't picked up the phone and talked to every single team over a million of possibilities that you never even thought of before making the deal?

Yeah, I really doubt it. Specially regarding Butler and Minnesota. Hope I'm wrong though.

MannyIsGod
Please explain me how those two scenarios would be related. :lol

Because you think that the Spurs can get whatever they want for one severely undervalued asset but you don't think they'd be able to move a repeat all star who has made all nba teams. Its inconsistent AF.

HarlemHeat37

DeRozan himself? No, but having him will keep the Spurs in HCA discussions, which is what they need right now..like him or not, he's a very good regular season player, he's essentially the Aldridge of the backcourt..

Spurs desperately need high-level scoring, did you forget last year's team?:lol they lost like 10 games after blowing double-digit leads in the 4th due to not having a shot creator..

ducks

last year at the trading deadline not after it went public he only wanted la

Amuseddaysleeper
07-18-2018, 01:56 PM
Ya'll can anyone explain to me why they didn't just trade Kawhi for Durant instead of getting DeRozan? I mean really what are PATFO thinking?

Durant wasn't available Manny :toast

DAF86
Saric wasn’t on the table my guy lol

Saric and Covington was the suppossed Sixers offer from the get go.

TimDunkem

Brah, Spurs fans get hard over turds like Bonner, Mills, and washed up mummies. You seriously think DD can't sell a few tickets? Anything is better than only having LMA and an MIA Kawhi.

Sure we would rather have Butler, or some might prefer Irving, but those deals weren't there. Had they been, we would know.

Amuseddaysleeper
DeRozan himself? No, but having him will keep the Spurs in HCA discussions, which is what they need right now..like him or not, he's a very good regular season player..

Spurs desperately need high-level scoring, did you forget last year's team?:lol they lost like 10 games after blowing double-digit leads in the 4th due to not having a shot creator..

Still wish SA got Siakam or OG included.

MannyIsGod
I would have taken one year of Irving over three years of DeRozen.

Makes zero sense to trade for Irving considering the makeup of this team and the fact he's coming off of surgery. Might as well roll the dice with Kawhi.

I don't believe Boston was offering Irving, though. They won't trade Brown but they're going to trade Irving? Ok.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-18-2018, 01:57 PM

But but .. if only they had picked up the phone and asked he would have been! Definitely!

Mr. Body

Spurs make the WCF by knocking off the Lakers. You heard it here first.

MannyIsGod

Spurs probably just didn't call GSW. Hope I'm wrong.

TheGreatYacht
07-18-2018, 01:58 PM
Duncan isn't walking thru that door. What exactly is Crater face planning on doing again?

Hoops Czar
07-18-2018, 02:00 PM
Makes zero sense to trade for Irving considering the makeup of this team and the fact he's coming off of surgery. Might as well roll the dice with Kawhi.

I don't believe Boston was offering Irving, though. They won't trade Brown but they're going to trade Irving? Ok.
They were willing to trade Irving because the word is he wants to play in New York. Worst case scenario is the Spurs get cap relief next season.

DAF86
07-18-2018, 02:02 PM
Because you think that the Spurs can get whatever they want for one severely undervalued asset but you don't think they'd be able to move a repeat all star who has made all nba teams. Its inconsistent AF.

No, not whatever they want. I'm talking about two disgruntled stars, one who (according to sources) was actually offered.

Also, our undervalued asset was still more desirable than DeRozan's contract. That's why the Raptors attached a former lottery pick and a future first round pick to their shitty player with shitty contract.

Kori Ellis
07-18-2018, 02:09 PM
Reality is that the Spurs weren't going to win a title with a healthy Kawhi next season. Also, the Spurs weren't going to get a "star" back for a top-3 talent with a "bum leg" and a bottom-3 attitude.

Spurs won 47 games without Kawhi playing and with Kawhi wreaking all kinds of havoc. And you guys think all of a sudden without his cancerous presence putting a cloud over the whole team that the Spurs are going to be cellar-dwellers? Hell nah.

Sure, I wish the Spurs got something more than DeRozan and Poodle, but it is what it is. Hopefully some of the young guys will surprise us.

rjv
07-18-2018, 02:11 PM
Brah, Spurs fans get hard over turds like Bonner, Mills, and washed up mummies. You seriously think DD can't sell a few tickets? Anything is better than only having LMA and an MIA Kawhi.

Sure we would rather have Butler, or some might prefer Irving, but those deals weren't there. Had they been, we would know.

i was just telling my son last night that we would wait and see on the spurs roster as to what amount of games we will catch this season. i'm far more encouraged to see some now than i was yesterday.

DAF86
07-18-2018, 02:11 PM
Reality is that the Spurs weren't going to win a title with a healthy Kawhi next season. Also, the Spurs weren't going to get a "star" back for a top-3 talent with a "bum leg" and a bottom-3 attitude.

Spurs won 47 games without Kawhi playing and with Kawhi wreaking all kinds of havoc. And you guys think all of a sudden without his cancerous presence putting a cloud over the whole team that the Spurs are going to be cellar-dwellers? Hell nah.

Sure, I wish the Spurs got something more than DeRozan and Poodle, but it is what it is. Hopefully some of the young guys will surprise us.

I don't think anybody thinks that, tbh.

Any move they would have made, would have kept the Spurs in playoffs contention. That's why there was no need to take on DeRozan's awful contract.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-18-2018, 02:12 PM

So generous :toast

mexicanjunior
07-18-2018, 02:26 PM
Garbage deal...

picnroll
07-18-2018, 02:28 PM
Going to be more fun watching Murray, White and hopefully Walker than watching last years team for sure.

Spur|n|Austin
07-18-2018, 02:30 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/jQ9wfxmUPmGMU/giphy.gif

Seventyniner
07-18-2018, 02:33 PM

Not just this, you could see a clear divide once all the drama started. The schedule got a lot tougher, but the team's performance suffered in excess of that.

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2018, 02:35 PM
Going to be more fun watching Murray, White and hopefully Walker than watching last years team for sure.

You'll see plenty of Walker in Austin, if you're interested:lol

BSfromTX
07-18-2018, 02:36 PM

Post of the decade tbh. I wish all the cliff jumpers would jump already.

BSfromTX
07-18-2018, 02:38 PM
You'll see plenty of Walker in Austin, if you're interested:lol

yep, unfortunately with DD it likely means less time for Walker and perhaps White.

KDKSpurs24
07-18-2018, 02:38 PM

Boom.

offset formation
07-18-2018, 02:41 PM
The thought that the Spurs are somehow missing out on something that wasn't going to happen the moment Kawhi decided to be a bitch is just laughable.

jbspurs
07-18-2018, 02:43 PM
I like this trade. On defense, Spurs lost a little on offense Spurs will be better. I think the ball will rotate more and back to beautiful basketball. No more ISO for Kawhi and hopefully less post up for LA.

offset formation
07-18-2018, 02:45 PM

Yeah, I wish RC would have used a phone. I mean, what a lazy pos. Amirite?

You're an idiot.

rastaspur
07-18-2018, 02:47 PM
Derozan and pop have a decent bit in common.

Both are crater faces. Check.

Both sought friendship/comradeship early in life by joining an organization. Pop chose the air force. Demar chose the crips and wore his blue uniform every single day to high school.

Yep. They're birds of a feather. We found our next duncan.

I'm content and can breathe a big sigh of relief. :lol

DAF86
07-18-2018, 02:50 PM
Yeah, I wish RC would have used a phone. I mean, what a lazy pos. Amirite?

You're an idiot.

Do you ask PATFO to shave their balls before licking them?

DeadlyDynasty
07-18-2018, 02:51 PM
:corn:

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 02:52 PM

Dude, DeRozan is not some scrub with no value. GTFO with that. He has positive value. Probably more than Kawhi right now.

offset formation
07-18-2018, 02:54 PM
Do you ask PATFO to shave their balls before licking them?

Only after they show me their 5 rings, tbh.

Dingle Barry
07-18-2018, 02:55 PM
Duncan isn't walking thru that door. What exactly is Crater face planning on doing again?

Don't you ever get tired of being an annoying faggot?

DeadlyDynasty
07-18-2018, 02:55 PM
Dude, DeRozan is not some scrub with no value. GTFO with that. He has positive value. Probably more than Kawhi right now.
Before today you couldn't find one sane spurfan in all these years with one positive thing to say about DeRozan.

james evans
07-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Popovich fucked the franchise over seriously. We could have traded leonard before the draft for a lottery pick, and I don't give a fuck if it's a western team. We could have traded "Alrdidge to a garbage team for their their future lottery pick(knowing they'd be back in the lottery next year). And if we tanked this year, that's 3 lottery picks next year in the 2019 draft. He fucked us cuz he doesn't want to miss the playoff for his last 2 years. After that, we're screwed. Derozen is gonna opt out, he's gonna retire, then what? And for those of you against tanking, this year will be one of those tank seasons for the league. Remember 2007 when everyone was tanking for Oden? And I don't give a damn what Seattle says, they would have picked Oden too had they got the 1st pick. That rivaled 84, 85, 03, and 97 in terms of hilarious nonsense that was going on. And there were other years but I would rather be bad for one season to enjoy 10 more years of success than to be good for 2 years and have to start from nothing

james evans
07-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Before today you couldn't find one sane spurfan in all these years with one positive thing to say about DeRozan.
I still have nothing positive to say about him other than he dunks well. He's a more athletic Carmelo.

DAF86
07-18-2018, 02:57 PM

So much value that Toronto decided to part with a former lottery pick and a future first round pick just to get rid of him.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 02:58 PM

SA will be good and there is a small chance DeRozan has his best season (Impact wise). He won’t become a 3PT shooter, that ship has sailed. But if he can continue to progress on being a playmaker? That would raise his ceiling.

Spurs are in the mix with every team in the league sans GS. Not bad.

I think SA got fleeced by TOR by not getting a better pick while giving up Danny along with not getting OG either. But the core of the deal was DeRozan to help win now.

Poeltl should be a fine young rotational piece. Murray, White, Lonnie & Poeltl is not a bad young group for as much winning as SA has done.

What does HOU have for young talent? LAC? OKC? NO? Spurs have won more than all of them and STILL has more young talent.

I really hope SA isn’t done though. Find a home for Pau/Mills if possible. Pau has a valuable contract for a team looking to get rid of a good, but overpaid player.

TXstbobcat
07-18-2018, 03:00 PM
So much value that Toronto decided to part with a former lottery pick and a future first round pick just to get rid of him.

The future 1st round pick is top 20 protected.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 03:02 PM

Disliking his game doesn’t mean he doesn’t have value. I hated Kobe’s game, but he had value. I know that is extreme and I’m not comparing them just making a point.

I said I hate if SA got DeRozan weeks ago and that I would quit being a Spurs fan :lol. It was tounge in cheek due to me not wanting them to go in that direction.

But I knew in my heart that SA wanted to win. I argued for the path of staying a PO team vs blowing it up. You can always blow up a team. You cant always get a PO team. SA can still blow it up. But now they have a great shot at being a top 4 PO team and they aren’t that far behind most teams but GS in the West.

If DeRozan flames out? He’s not a cancer. He’s viewed well in the league. Overrated or not he has value and he’s under contract.

SA can trade LMA and DD (no pun my friend) and blow it up whenever they want.

ceperez
07-18-2018, 03:02 PM

This team could still make the playoffs.

Spurs system does wonders for borderline talent.

Murray / Mills / White / Forbes
DeRozan / Belinelli / Walker
Gay / Bertans / Blossomgame (?)
Aldridge / Cunningham / Metu (?)
Gasol / Poetl

DeadlyDynasty
07-18-2018, 03:03 PM
Will the offense still flow through Aldridge? We know how moody he gets when he doesn't get his touches, and in comes Chucky McChuckstein

coachmac87
Don't you ever get tired of being an annoying faggot?

No he doesn’t...he does two things in life..plays with his toy yacht in a bubble bath...and talk to his imaginary internet friends on “SpursTalk”.

DPG21920

They got a crack at an MVP for him and flexibility as well. If SA could flip Kawhi for one year of let’s say Anthony Davis, would you be mad? No, that’s what TOR got for DeRozan.

There would be plenty of teams if SA wanted to “rebuild” that would offer numerous picks for DeRozan if SA wanted to go that route.

DeadlyDynasty
07-18-2018, 03:04 PM
Disliking his game doesn’t mean he doesn’t have value. I hated Kobe’s game, but he had value. I know that is extreme and I’m not comparing them just making a point.

I said I hate if SA got DeRozan weeks ago and that I would quit being a Spurs fan :lol. It was tounge in cheek due to me not wanting them to go in that direction.

But I knew in my heart that SA wanted to win. I argued for the path of staying a PO team vs blowing it up. You can always blow up a team. You cant always get a PO team. SA can still blow it up. But now they have a great shot at being a top 4 PO team and they aren’t that far behind most teams but GS in the West.

If DeRozan flames out? He’s not a cancer. He’s viewed well in the league. Overrated or not he has value and he’s under contract.

SA can trade LMA and DD (no pun my friend) and blow it up whenever they want.
I think you overestimate their ceiling this year, but overall I agree with most of your points.

TheGreatYacht
07-18-2018, 03:04 PM
Only after they show me their 5 rings, tbh.
At least you're open about being gay, tbh.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 03:05 PM
Will the offense still flow through Aldridge? We know how moody he gets when he doesn't get his touches, and in comes Chucky McChuckstein

LMA has turned a corner dude. He loves SA now, likes winning & will welcome a non-cancer hard worker. There are plenty of shots to go around for both IMO.

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2018, 03:05 PM

2 Aldridges in the starting lineup and another one off the bench:lol

rascal
07-18-2018, 03:06 PM
This trade was more on RC than Pop it seems. We got a lottery pick in Poelt'l, first round draft pick, and a scoring machine that gets to the line. You're too negative bro.

You are one of the biggest PATFO ass kissers.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 03:07 PM
I think you overestimate their ceiling this year, but overall I agree with most of your points.

I think that HOU got worse, agree? NO got worse, agree? No top 4 seed got better, but SA did. LA got a lot better with Bron, but they were a bottom feeder. It’s jumbled up below GS IMO.

I think OKC/HOU are in that top tier below GS, but I dont think SA is THAT far behind them and can see them having more regular season success depending on Pop figuring out rotation and DeRozan growing some by being in SA’s system.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 03:07 PM
2 Aldridges in the starting lineup and another one off the bench:lol

That’s all nba LMA to you sir.

rascal
07-18-2018, 03:08 PM

Spurs will be fighting for the last playoff seeds.

tbdog
07-18-2018, 03:17 PM
Popovich fucked the franchise over seriously. We could have traded leonard before the draft for a lottery pick, and I don't give a fuck if it's a western team. We could have traded "Alrdidge to a garbage team for their their future lottery pick(knowing they'd be back in the lottery next year). And if we tanked this year, that's 3 lottery picks next year in the 2019 draft. He fucked us cuz he doesn't want to miss the playoff for his last 2 years. After that, we're screwed. Derozen is gonna opt out, he's gonna retire, then what? And for those of you against tanking, this year will be one of those tank seasons for the league. Remember 2007 when everyone was tanking for Oden? And I don't give a damn what Seattle says, they would have picked Oden too had they got the 1st pick. That rivaled 84, 85, 03, and 97 in terms of hilarious nonsense that was going on. And there were other years but I would rather be bad for one season to enjoy 10 more years of success than to be good for 2 years and have to start from nothing

Since when does having 3 consequential lottery picks amount to anything? Many teams have remained in lottery for years. Your more likely going to stay there than be where the spurs are now. Spurs are top 3 in the west. And the spurs are in a better situation moving foward than the Rockets with CP contract. Durant and the Warriors have clouded everyone's judgement. Can't beat them so let's tank for years. That's such a losers mentality.

PrimeMinister
07-18-2018, 03:20 PM
Y'all are a bunch of stupid fucking pussies. There were no other desirable trade options. Deng and picks? Robert fucking Covington? LMFAO. Come on boys.

The discussion now is 27 mil/yr for DeRozan worth it over having total flexibility in 2020. Those were our options. Blame Uncle Dennis. We are lucky we have actually educated people running this bitch and not a bunch of inbred cousin counting north Texas bums on an online forum.

DeadlyDynasty
07-18-2018, 03:22 PM
LMA has turned a corner dude. He loves SA now, likes winning & will welcome a non-cancer hard worker. There are plenty of shots to go around for both IMO.
To be fair though Aldridge was the unquestioned go-to-guy in 73 of 82 games last season (not accounting for days off), so his beef with lack of touches never had a chance to manifest itself. Remember, this is the same guy who didn't like sharing the spotlight with Lillard either. I'm not arguing his love of the city--I think he's a player who doesn't care about the LAs, NY's, etc....but make no mistake...he wants his.

objective
07-18-2018, 03:23 PM
I don't get this line of thinking about how, "Oh, they're adding DeRozan to last year's squad that won almost 50 without Kawhi! They're going to be so much better, 2nd seed, etc etc"

Did nobody notice that the 3 best wing defenders are gone from last year, and 4 if Manu retires?

Forgetting Kawhi, Anderson and Green were good defenders who could soak minutes and play up a spot.

The small forward position now might be the worst in the league.

They kept undersized trash defender Forbes and added another terrible defender in Marco. And a 6-4 SG who will play in Austin in Walker.

Gay can't move his feet on the perimeter anymore, he can't play SF. Bertans stork legs aren't moving him around the perimeter well either.

If you're happy that the drama is over, cool. If you're happy that a paper all-star (in the East only, no chance in West) has been the return and fits the LMA timeline, fine. If you're happy that Toronto, if Kawhi shows up, will win the East and can compete with the Warriors, awesome.

But if you think the Spurs are better with a gaping hole at SF and only Marco to try to fill it ... Well, we'll see

Getting an overpaid, mentally fragile, choking, clinically depressed, no defense SG who regularly has LOW-LIGHTS videos on YouTube ... And not having a small forward on the roster without Green or Anderson ... Ugh

james evans
07-18-2018, 03:23 PM
Since when does having 3 consequential lottery picks amount to anything? Many teams have remained in lottery for years. Your more likely going to stay there than be where the spurs are now. Spurs are top 3 in the west. And the spurs are in a better situation moving foward than the Rockets with CP contract. Durant and the Warriors have clouded everyone's judgement. Can't beat them so let's tank for years. That's such a losers mentality.
I don’t recall anyone ever having 3 lottery picks and we draft well in the bottom of the 1st round. You don’t believe THE SPURS can get something with 3 lottery picks in the same draft?????

DeadlyDynasty
07-18-2018, 03:25 PM
I think that HOU got worse, agree? NO got worse, agree? No top 4 seed got better, but SA did. LA got a lot better with Bron, but they were a bottom feeder. It’s jumbled up below GS IMO.

I think OKC/HOU are in that top tier below GS, but I dont think SA is THAT far behind them and can see them having more regular season success depending on Pop figuring out rotation and DeRozan growing some by being in SA’s system.The west is an enigma below GSW for sure...but as is almost always the case in the playoffs the team with the biggest star(s) will go farther, regardless of seeding.

timvp
07-18-2018, 03:25 PM

If only rebuilding was as easy as Spurs fans think it is :lol

Teams have been "rebuilding" for decades. Might as well hang on to every last breath of championship aspirations while it's attainable. Blowing up what could very likely be a 50-win team because the road got rocky isn't the way to go, IMO.

To be honest, I can't blame Spurs fans to be naive about rebuilding -- 99% haven't lived through rebuilding.

anon
07-18-2018, 03:26 PM
2018-19 Spurs and onwards are Oklahoma Thunder post-Durant now. A lottery team pretending not to be. It's over.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 03:28 PM
The west is an enigma below GSW for sure...but as is almost always the case in the playoffs the team with the biggest star(s) will go farther, regardless of seeding.

I will take LMA/DeRozan then over most at this point and I don’t even like DeRozan honestly. But it’s a coin toss. Sa was never going to get a sure thing to elevate them and if they can swing a trade for another semi-star (Kemba, something else?). Boom. They are right there.

They can always blow it up too and move LMA/DeRozan.

rjv
07-18-2018, 03:28 PM
if it doesn't work out, pop can always say that he meant we wouldn't do it again.

rjv
07-18-2018, 03:29 PM
2018-19 Spurs and onwards are Oklahoma Thunder post-Durant now. A lottery team pretending not to be. It's over.

welcome to ST. you're going to fit right in.

DAF86
07-18-2018, 03:29 PM
They got a crack at an MVP for him and flexibility as well. If SA could flip Kawhi for one year of let’s say Anthony Davis, would you be mad? No, that’s what TOR got for DeRozan.

There would be plenty of teams if SA wanted to “rebuild” that would offer numerous picks for DeRozan if SA wanted to go that route.

Kawhi might not even play for Toronto, and they know for sure he isn't staying with them after this season. This was purely a salary dump.

spurraider21
07-18-2018, 03:30 PM

Teams have been "rebuilding" for decades. Might as well hang on to every last breath of championship aspirations while it's attainable. Blowing up what could very likely be a 50-win team because the road got rocky isn't the way to go, IMO.

To be honest, I can't blame Spurs fans to be naive about rebuilding -- 99% haven't lived through rebuilding.
you mean 2008-2012 wasn't rebuilding?

DAF86
07-18-2018, 03:32 PM

"Championship aspirations" :lol

rjv
07-18-2018, 03:32 PM

tbh, the spurs have never really rebuilt. they were lucky enough to merge into the NBA with gervin, silas and kennon and then they were able to get gilmore. they went through about 4 or 5 rough years and then got lucky with the admiral. then there was the luck of duncan. and for all the flack that fans generate about how awful or front office is, i would ask them what front office has been so great that there teams have been outstanding for two decades and who did not benefit from either the the luck of free agency or the lottery?

DAF86
07-18-2018, 03:33 PM
lol at folks acting as if the difference between remaining competitive and being a lottery team is fucking Demar DeRozan. :lol

SpursDynasty85
07-18-2018, 03:34 PM
You are one of the biggest PATFO ass kissers.

No but I'm accepting of who my franchise is. I criticize them on things like player rotations and such forth but they have done a fine job until now. You nor I know the whole story and what trades were realistic. I knew we were screwed the moment Kawhi asked to be traded to LA. I'm looking forward to moving on from this mess for sure but it is going to take some time. You sir should take a breather too.

Marcus Bryant
07-18-2018, 03:36 PM
Spurs fans are some spoiled MFers. 5 titles and only missed the playoffs once in the last 29 seasons?

timvp
07-18-2018, 03:36 PM
tbh, the spurs have never really rebuilt. they were lucky enough to merge into the NBA with gervin, silas and kennon and then they were able to get gilmore. they went through about 4 or 5 rough years and then got lucky with the admiral. then there was the luck of duncan. and for all the flack that fans generate about how awful or front office is, i would ask them what front office has been so great that there teams have been outstanding for two decades and who did not benefit from either the the luck of free agency or the lottery?

Yeah, closest thing to a rebuild in Spurs history was the George Gervin trade. But even that ended a couple minutes later when they got David Robinson.

Rebuilds are painful. One day Spurs fans will learn that -- but probably not for at least about three years now, it appears.

anon
07-18-2018, 03:38 PM
rjv
Gratis my man. You've probably seen my words reposted here years before I myself had a verified account. I'm from a it was a place. Burgers there and often didn't for their meals.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 03:39 PM
Kawhi might not even play for Toronto, and they know for sure he isn't staying with them after this season. This was purely a salary dump.

Answer the question: If SA traded for one known year of Anthony Davis would you be good with it?

Marcus Bryant
07-18-2018, 03:42 PM
Made the playoffs 41 out of 45 seasons. Damn.

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 03:42 PM

Numerous picks?
He is an all-star but an overpaid one.
You think anyone even as dumb as GM's are sometimes gonna give NUMEROUS picks?!
Some good points but if Kawhi cant generate numerous picks even as rental and he is much better and right now still cheaper than DD ...
Why is Derozan getting you numerous picks? unless you talking 2nd rounders ...

DD will give you good scoring for the next couple years and then have some value as an expiring in year 3 ...He is a very good but vastly overpaid and overrated player.

Arcadian
07-18-2018, 03:43 PM
Y'all are a bunch of stupid fucking pussies. There were no other desirable trade options. Deng and picks? Robert fucking Covington? LMFAO. Come on boys.

The discussion now is 27 mil/yr for DeRozan worth it over having total flexibility in 2020. Those were our options. Blame Uncle Dennis. We are lucky we have actually educated people running this bitch and not a bunch of inbred cousin counting north Texas bums on an online forum.

:lol

ducks
07-18-2018, 03:44 PM

refuel!

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 03:46 PM
Numerous picks?
He is an all-star but an overpaid one.
You think anyone even as dumb as GM's are sometimes gonna give NUMEROUS picks?!
Some good points but if Kawhi cant generate numerous picks even as rental and he is much better and right now still cheaper than DD ...
Why is Derozan getting you numerous picks? unless you talking 2nd rounders ...

DD will give you good scoring for the next couple years and then have some value as an expiring in year 3 ...He is a very good but vastly overpaid and overrated player.

Kawhi did generate numerous picks - SA didn’t take those deals.

Demar has none of the baggage of Kawhi and while he’s not as good he’s still in his prime and under contract. He has value.

Dex
07-18-2018, 03:48 PM

So hard to be a Spurs fan...Why can't we just tank!?!?

DAF86
07-18-2018, 03:50 PM
Answer the question: If SA traded for one known year of Anthony Davis would you be good with it?

If the player I needed to give up is Demar fucking DeRozan being owned 90 millions for the next three years, of course I would take Anthony Davis for one year. Heck I would take nothing in return, just to get rid of that contract. I don't know where are you trying to get with that hypothetical, I'm not saying Toronto made a bad trade, I'm saying exactly the opposite. :lol

Marcus Bryant
07-18-2018, 03:53 PM
Geez, cut yourself already.

ducks
07-18-2018, 03:54 PM
how can liberal spurs fans live
TRUMP president and leonard traded!

Marcus Bryant
07-18-2018, 03:58 PM
Dammit ducks no politics.

tbdog
07-18-2018, 03:59 PM
I don’t recall anyone ever having 3 lottery picks and we draft well in the bottom of the 1st round. You don’t believe THE SPURS can get something with 3 lottery picks in the same draft?????

Teams miss more often than not. Even when things go great, Thunder for example, they have little to show for it. They were a lottery team for years. Got three great lottery players plus hit with Ibaka. And now they are a first round exit team. The only reason why they are not going into next season with an unlikely chance they make the playoffs is because they created a winning culture and convinced George to stay.

rjv
07-18-2018, 03:59 PM

ducks is the popovich of ST.

ducks
07-18-2018, 04:00 PM

IF THEY STOP IN THREADS IN HERE I WILL BUT THEY KEEP POSTING IT

spurraider21
07-18-2018, 04:01 PM
IF THEY STOP IN THREADS IN HERE I WILL BUT THEY KEEP POSTING IT
hillary clinton
chuck schumer
debbie wasserman schultz

Fusternino
07-18-2018, 04:03 PM
Still struggling to figure out who will get to place either of Manu/BP3. Is there any way to sign Metu to a 4 year deal at this point?

timvp
07-18-2018, 04:05 PM

Not too long ago one championship sounded like a pipe dream. No ABA team would ever be allowed to win championship.

Five champions? Got damn. 41 out of 45 seasons and what looks like 23+ in row before all is said and done? Forgive me while I refuse to pick up the razor blade and untie the rope from the shower rod.

DAF86
07-18-2018, 04:05 PM
Geez, cut yourself already.

Let me vent within the first 24 hs of this horrible trade. I have the rest of the offseason and season to cheer for them to do as best as possible.

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 04:06 PM
Kawhi did generate numerous picks - SA didn’t take those deals.

Demar has none of the baggage of Kawhi and while he’s not as good he’s still in his prime and under contract. He has value.

Sure he has value $83 FREAKING MILLION over the NEXT 3 years ...that is a heck of a "value". :lol

Look he is far from trash and he is a good scorer who never gets hurt.
But dont try and bullshit me with the he will generate numerous picks talk.
Only reason Toronto could get KL for DD was because they threw in a pick and Poetl.

Stop it.

dbreiden83080
07-18-2018, 04:06 PM

Teams were not going to mortgage their future on a guy that sat out 1 whole year..

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 04:07 PM
You are being foolish.

Chucho
07-18-2018, 04:25 PM

Perfect assessment of the whole of the deal and even more accurate on the ST armchair GMs.

Russ
07-18-2018, 04:27 PM

Look at it this way -- the Lakers missed the playoffs more times in the last five years than the Spurs have in their 45 year history.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 04:30 PM
If the player I needed to give up is Demar fucking DeRozan being owned 90 millions for the next three years, of course I would take Anthony Davis for one year. Heck I would take nothing in return, just to get rid of that contract. I don't know where are you trying to get with that hypothetical, I'm not saying Toronto made a bad trade, I'm saying exactly the opposite. :lol

What do you expect all nba players to be paid? DeRozan just made All NBA 2nd team. What the fuck is wrong with you?

exstatic
07-18-2018, 04:39 PM
I don't get this line of thinking about how, "Oh, they're adding DeRozan to last year's squad that won almost 50 without Kawhi! They're going to be so much better, 2nd seed, etc etc"

Did nobody notice that the 3 best wing defenders are gone from last year, and 4 if Manu retires?

Forgetting Kawhi, Anderson and Green were good defenders who could soak minutes and play up a spot.

The small forward position now might be the worst in the league.

They kept undersized trash defender Forbes and added another terrible defender in Marco. And a 6-4 SG who will play in Austin in Walker.

Gay can't move his feet on the perimeter anymore, he can't play SF. Bertans stork legs aren't moving him around the perimeter well either.

If you're happy that the drama is over, cool. If you're happy that a paper all-star (in the East only, no chance in West) has been the return and fits the LMA timeline, fine. If you're happy that Toronto, if Kawhi shows up, will win the East and can compete with the Warriors, awesome.

But if you think the Spurs are better with a gaping hole at SF and only Marco to try to fill it ... Well, we'll see

Getting an overpaid, mentally fragile, choking, clinically depressed, no defense SG who regularly has LOW-LIGHTS videos on YouTube ... And not having a small forward on the roster without Green or Anderson ... Ugh

DD was All NBA twice, and that's not a paper award. Top 6 guard in the league, at a minimum, depending on which team he makes. That's a much higher bar than All Star.

Oh, and we pretty much had a gaping hole at SF last year. Some guy sat out.

tmtcsc
07-18-2018, 04:40 PM

I've got realistic expectations with Walker after seeing him in summer play. He's got a lot of potential but he's a good 2 or 3 years away from contributing anything significant.

exstatic
07-18-2018, 04:43 PM
Sure he has value $83 FREAKING MILLION over the NEXT 3 years ...that is a heck of a "value". :lol

Look he is far from trash and he is a good scorer who never gets hurt.
But dont try and bullshit me with the he will generate numerous picks talk.
Only reason Toronto could get KL for DD was because they threw in a pick and Poetl.

Stop it.

$27.X mil per year for a multiple time A.S. and All NBA player? That is actually a value in today's NBA.

Now, BEFORE the cap blew up..there was this one team...they paid some old dude with a torn achilles $50M for two years. THAT was a terrible value.

BillMc
07-18-2018, 06:07 PM
Look at it this way -- the Lakers missed the playoffs more times in the last five years than the Spurs have in their 45 year history.

well said

objective
07-18-2018, 06:11 PM
DD was All NBA twice, and that's not a paper award. Top 6 guard in the league, at a minimum, depending on which team he makes. That's a much higher bar than All Star.

Oh, and we pretty much had a gaping hole at SF last year. Some guy sat out.

DeRozan won't be an all-star this coming season, I'd be shocked if he was.

And the Spurs did have a gaping hole, but filled it okay with Anderson and Green on defense.

It's much, much worse now. Marco? DeRozan who is a slight SG and non defender? Maybe rolling small again with Forbes at the three?

TD 21
07-18-2018, 06:19 PM
DeRozan won't be an all-star this coming season, I'd be shocked if he was.

And the Spurs did have a gaping hole, but filled it okay with Anderson and Green on defense.

It's much, much worse now. Marco? DeRozan who is a slight SG and non defender? Maybe rolling small again with Forbes at the three?

DeRozan is strong, but he's relatively short armed (6'9''). Expect Cunningham to start at SF, but really it'll be filled by committee, with a combination of him, DeRozan, Belinelli and Gay.

Marcus Bryant
07-18-2018, 06:47 PM

:tu

DAF86
07-18-2018, 06:47 PM
What do you expect all nba players to be paid? DeRozan just made All NBA 2nd team. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Yet, his team salary dumped him. What does that tell you?

T Park
07-18-2018, 06:56 PM

You did t look fucking hard enough then.

Joseph Kony
07-18-2018, 07:00 PM
Cunningham is not starting, much less at SF :lol guarantee he will be backup PF

cutewizard
07-18-2018, 07:08 PM
Cycles come and cycles go......someday we could be at the top again....

GrapplingYautja
07-18-2018, 07:37 PM
So many BETAS in here. I also bet none of you queers actually spends a dollar in watching the team during the regular season!

We have one of the best systems in the league. The Spurs are going to be alright. We swapped an all-star for an all-star plus got a back-up big, which we needed. Who else has turned fucking ROLE PLAYERS into viable rotation pieces like the Spurs have? Who? Huh, who? Not Phil "Mr. Bermuda Triangle" Jackson, or Steve "Back Ache" Kerr. Get the fuck out of here with you pansies. Small market team. 5 championships! 20+ years of excellence and 'one monkey don't stop the show' (not trying to be racist). We got a fair trade all things considered.

Stop the fucking sobbing and borrow one of your mother's tampons!

objective
07-18-2018, 08:09 PM
DeRozan is strong, but he's relatively short armed (6'9''). Expect Cunningham to start at SF, but really it'll be filled by committee, with a combination of him, DeRozan, Belinelli and Gay.

Cunningham as a starting small forward?

Is Chucky Brown not available?

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 08:26 PM
Yet, his team salary dumped him. What does that tell you?

You're literally the only one who thinks this is a salary dump.

DAF86
07-18-2018, 08:39 PM
You're literally the only one who thinks this is a salary dump.

Mmh, no. I bet the Raptors GM also thinks that. :lol

They know Kawhi isn't staying with them past this season, in fact, I bet they even made the calculation that he doesn't even play for them this season. Yet, they decided to make the trade anyways because getting DeRozan off the books was worth it.

I can assure you that the Raptors didn't make plans involving Kawhi, in fact they will probably trade him midseason to get more assets for the rebuilding.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 08:41 PM
Mmh, no. I bet the Raptors GM also thinks that. :lol

They know Kawhi isn't staying with them past this season, in fact, I bet they even made the calculation that he doesn't even play for them this season. Yet, they decided to make the trade anyways because getting DeRozan off the books was worth it.

I can assure you that the Raptors didn't make plans involving Kawhi, in fact they will probably trade him midseason to get more assets for the rebuilding.

Was OKC trading for Paul George also a salary dump? How are he and Lebron expected to do on the Lakers this year?

You've said a lot of stupid things, but trading for a potential top 5 player being a salary dump is going to be one you'll probably never top.

DAF86
07-18-2018, 08:50 PM
Was OKC trading for Paul George also a salary dump? How are he and Lebron expected to do on the Lakers this year?

No.

You've said a lot of stupid things, but trading for a potential top 5 player being a salary dump is going to be one you'll probably never top.

A top 5 player that already leaked that won't play for your franchise.

You were saying teams weren't offering shit and out of nowhere came the Raptors, competing against nobody, outbiding themselves and offering a second all-NBA guy? If they didn't want to get rid of him they must be really dumb, tbh.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 09:02 PM
Paul George said the same things. The Raptors are gambling, no doubt, but it's not a salary dump. There's a reason you're literally the only one thinking that.

TD 21
07-18-2018, 09:31 PM
Cunningham as a starting small forward?

Is Chucky Brown not available?

:wakeup

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274915

To be clear, I'm not advocating it.

dbreiden83080
07-18-2018, 09:34 PM
Going to be funny for his new mates, when he walks into the locker room, not talking to anyone about anything given all they have heard in the media. Maybe he will sit at his locker all year and not even play. Or fly to NY again and hide out for 6 months. Welcome to the team Leonard.

Marcus Bryant
07-18-2018, 09:38 PM
Going to be funny for his new mates, when he walks into the locker room, not talking to anyone about anything given all they have heard in the media. Maybe he will sit at his locker all year and not even play. Or fly to NY again and hide out for 6 months. Welcome to the team Leonard.

Yeah, is he even going to show up for the introductory press conference? I'm guessing that'll be handled by Green solo.

tholdren
07-18-2018, 09:40 PM

Lol you dumb

dbreiden83080
07-18-2018, 09:41 PM
Yeah, is he even going to show up for the introductory press conference? I'm guessing that'll be handled by Green solo.

Yeah and here is the thing. The quiet man/anti social routine is fine to a point, when you show up every day and do your job. But he didn't even do that all year long. Nobody knows what to think about this guy? He sure as shit is not going to tell you..

DAF86
07-18-2018, 09:41 PM
Paul George said the same things. The Raptors are gambling, no doubt, but it's not a salary dump. There's a reason you're literally the only one thinking that.

Watch some news. Pretty much every analyst and GM's of other teams are saying the same things I'm saying. It's win/win for Toronto. If Kawhi plays and they get to keep him, it's a fucking home run; if not, it's what they planned all along.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 09:55 PM
Watch some news. Pretty much every analyst and GM's of other teams are saying the same things I'm saying. It's win/win for Toronto. If Kawhi plays and they get to keep him, it's a fucking home run; if not, it's what they planned all along.

No one is saying that its a salary dump but you. Literally. You may not know the difference between having a plan b incase it doesn't work out and a salary dump, but that doesn't change things.

Marcus Bryant
07-18-2018, 09:57 PM
Yeah and here is the thing. The quiet man/anti social routine is fine to a point, when you show up every day and do your job. But he didn't even do that all year long. Nobody knows what to think about this guy? He sure as shit is not going to tell you..

Gotta show up to be paid from here on.

DAF86
07-18-2018, 10:00 PM
No one is saying that its a salary dump but you. Literally. You may not know the difference between having a plan b incase it doesn't work out and a salary dump, but that doesn't change things.

It is a salary dump with a very unlikely possibility of hitting the grandfather of all home runs, tbh. The absolute low risk/high reward move. It is low-key genius.

sasaint
07-18-2018, 10:10 PM
It is a salary dump with a very unlikely possibility of hitting the grandfather of all home runs, tbh. The absolute low risk/high reward move. It is low-key genius.

I like your spin. It makes sense. And it is pretty much what some guys here are suggesting the Spurs do now: dump Derozan's contract on Minny for a potential home run with Jimmy Butler.

SpurPadre
07-18-2018, 10:13 PM
I prefer TD's famous "We'll get it done this time" quote, tbh.

coachmac87
07-18-2018, 10:15 PM

Bruh Cunningham ain’t starting at SF...

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 10:18 PM

I agree. It’s a high upside salary dump. They know Kawhi might not stay. They want him to and want to stay competitive but they know the downside to this is blowing it up and they are ok with that.

r0drig0lac
07-19-2018, 05:46 AM

DeadlyDynasty
07-20-2018, 09:34 AM
I think the biggest thing that makes you steaming pile of shit is you were too big of a pussy to show your face on here before a two weeks ago. Get the fuck out of here.
Does this mean we can't be friends?

TheGreatSantini
07-20-2018, 09:44 AM

Before the head-case hurt his ankle we were giving the Golden Showers an epic beatdown. Then this year, with the Trump Curse, Curry was hurt and they were ripe for a beat down. But instead, Leonard the Lugnut Shaq’d’ed Da Fool and we were damn near swept.

I hope this this guy is out of the league soon and living under his uncle’s carport.

DeadlyDynasty
07-20-2018, 10:32 AM
It would be tough to respect a bitch. I mean I suppose I could try, but in the end you are a fucking coward, and my disgust would prevent me from ever being able to think anything positive of you.
I was here many years before you, young buck. Respect your elders.

Ice009
07-20-2018, 10:42 AM
Before the head-case hurt his ankle we were giving the Golden Showers an epic beatdown. Then this year, with the Trump Curse, Curry was hurt and they were ripe for a beat down. But instead, Leonard the Lugnut Shaq’d’ed Da Fool and we were damn near swept.

I hope this this guy is out of the league soon and living under his uncle’s carport.

I still think that it was gutless of him not to play in round 1 against the Warriors. It was the perfect scenario to not only get revenge, but also show killer instinct and mental toughness. Michael Jordan, prime Kobe Bryant, prime Manu Ginobili wouldn't have passed up an opportunity like that - to get revenge on the team that did them wrong the year before in the playoffs.

daslicer
07-20-2018, 10:47 AM
I still think that was gutless of him not to play in round 1 against the Warriors. It was the perfect scenario to not only get revenge, but show killer instinct and mental toughness. Michael Jordan, prime Kobe Bryant, prime Manu Ginobili wouldn't have passed up and opportunity like that to get revenge on the team that did them wrong the year before in the playoffs.

I remember Tim back in '00 wanting to play in the playoffs and fighting with Pop about it. It's hard for highly competitive people not to play.

BackHome
07-20-2018, 10:55 AM
I hate when people mention Re build I don't think they have a clue how hard it is to get into the playoffs much less winning a championship. All the people that look at cap space I am tired of you bitching about saving money for who????? Look how hard it is to get really good players the way people talk it makes it seem so easy and it is NOT.

Ice009
07-20-2018, 10:57 AM
I remember Tim back in '00 wanting to play in the playoffs and fighting with Pop about it. It's hard for highly competitive people not to play.

I didn't mention Tim, because he was usually the one that did the taking out. No-one really took him out physically in the playoffs, but yeah I still should have mentioned him with those guys. He was definitely at the very same level of competitiveness without question.

Dex
07-20-2018, 11:36 AM
Then why did you disappear when your team got kobe’d?
DeadlyDynasty is an OG and has been around here or there ever since the Lakers last glory days.

We've seen a lot of old names popping up with the recent Kawhi drama, both Spurs fans and other fans.

khantot
07-20-2018, 02:22 PM
Sad.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9KM-aPj-d0

HankChinaski
07-20-2018, 03:42 PM
2016-17 season feels like a life time ago. Crazy.

jjktkk
07-20-2018, 06:36 PM

I don't think we will see today's players really playing hurt anymore. Their more worried about "protecting their brand". At least that's the perception imo.

objective
11-30-2018, 10:42 PM
I guess he was talking about giant humiliating non-competitive losses

TheGreatYacht
11-30-2018, 10:45 PM
Phenominal bump :lmao

Many retards here believed this was a good team. Like this idiot :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
12-01-2018, 01:43 AM

:tu

BackHome
12-01-2018, 03:19 AM
We had a great run we have one of the best winning percentage of any sports team. Everything though has a end date the Flakers dynasty the Celtics dynasty the Bulls dynasty the Clintons dynasty. That’s life you live and you die end of story.

dontouchmebwo
12-01-2018, 03:20 AM
Pop is exactly like one of those old school NBA fans that refuses to change and goes with the "past is better" mantra, well it sure as hell isn't working out. His formula is out dated and when you refuse to upgrade, you get left behind.

RC_Drunkford
12-01-2018, 06:41 AM

This is exactly the retarded way Pop and RC are thinking

r0drig0lac
12-01-2018, 07:51 AM
This is exactly the retarded way Pop and RC are thinking

some people believe that Pop is a kind of wizard, I understand people who did not watch the team believe that Pop could bring doctors or plumbers into the playoffs (or some shit like that), but Spurs has always had three legends carrying the team inside the court, and then had a guy who at his best can probably go against any perimeter player in basketball history, those guys are gone. Pop did not adjust himself, and now we are just another bad team from the league, it is unbelievable that some have seen something positive in a 1-point win against the Bulls 2018

RC_Drunkford
12-01-2018, 08:19 AM
some people believe that Pop is a kind of wizard, I understand people who did not watch the team believe that Pop could bring doctors or plumbers into the playoffs (or some shit like that), but Spurs has always had three legends carrying the team inside the court, and then had a guy who at his best can probably go against any perimeter player in basketball history, those guys are gone. Pop did not adjust himself, and now we are just another bad team from the league, it is unbelievable that some have seen something positive in a 1-point win against the Bulls 2018

yes, but it being so obvious from the outside makes me question Pop's senses. Does he really think he can coach a bunch of scrubs and turn them into a playoff team? Or turn a bunch of bad defenders into a good defensive team? I mean he used to be the best coach in the league for a longass time, he should know what the fuck he's doing. The flaws are super obvious. Matter of fact, it was also obvious the team relied on Kawhi way too much in 2016/17. He got us to 61 wins. So consistently downgrading the roster doesn't make any sense. They should've been trying to improve it

DAF86
12-01-2018, 01:02 PM

Well, it seems like they were, tbh.

DAF86
12-01-2018, 01:14 PM
Cunningham is not starting, much less at SF :lol guarantee he will be backup PF

:depressed

DAF86
12-01-2018, 01:17 PM
Lol you dumb

You were saying son?

Leetonidas
12-01-2018, 01:22 PM
:depressed

Damn, we really underestimated how far off the deep end pop has gone :depressed

NASpurs
12-01-2018, 01:38 PM
You were saying son?

Please don’t quote him and make him reappear. It’s been nice without him. Probably dead in a ditch somewhere.

Russ
12-01-2018, 06:24 PM
Damn, we really underestimated how far off the deep end pop has gone :depressed

Remember, Pop made his comment before his best young player (and defender) blew out his ACL in bleeping preseason game.

MannyIsGod
12-03-2018, 05:40 AM
Well, it seems like they were, tbh.

A month plus into the season after they are getting scared that they have Darko part 2 in Fultz. They weren't willing to do it in the summer when this thread was relevant.

Also, I'd still rather have DeRozan. He's been better than advertised, honestly.

Such a retarded bump.

DAF86
12-03-2018, 11:23 AM
A month plus into the season after they are getting scared that they have Darko part 2 in Fultz. They weren't willing to do it in the summer when this thread was relevant.

Also, I'd still rather have DeRozan. He's been better than advertised, honestly.

Such a retarded bump.

Sure thing son. :lol

8FOR!3
12-03-2018, 11:34 AM
When Walker returns I really only think what we're really missing from being a pretty OK team is a 3 and d wing who can play the small ball 4. Like a PJ Tucker/Robert Covington type player. Not saying those guys are easy to get or that we'll end up getting one but I think that would really improve the team.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-03-2018, 05:54 PM

Such a retarded bump.

Agreed. Spurs did as well as they could considering the hole nephew dug for them. Philly scraps wouldn't have made the team any better.

wildbill2u
12-03-2018, 06:30 PM
There was a thread about trading for Lebron James not too long ago. That shows you the mentality of some of the posters on ST. This weird shit about getting the best player in the league by some sort of magical trade has been going on ever since I can remember.

GrapplingYautja
12-08-2018, 11:13 AM
Took me a while to catch up because unlike this faggot (TheGreatYacht) I have a job.

So first things first...learn how to spell phenomenal, you cum guzzling troglodyte.

This is my team win OR lose. Bitch ass fools like TheDilapidatedBoat coming to a fan site and just trying to shit on the team. Fuck off clown!

HarlemHeat37
01-04-2019, 05:05 PM
Salute to Pop..I've hated on him for a minute, but he clearly saw something in this roster..

They're going to win as many games as most of us expected, but they're a lot more fun to watch than I had anticipated..didn't see that coming, considering the style of play of the top 2 players:lol

SAGirl
01-04-2019, 05:06 PM
:lobt2:

spurraider21
01-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Salute to Pop..I've hated on him for a minute, but he clearly saw something in this roster..

They're going to win as many games as most of us expected, but they're a lot more fun to watch than I had anticipated..didn't see that coming, considering the style of play of the top 2 players:lol
not to mention rudy gay

timtonymanu
02-24-2019, 10:49 PM