PDA

View Full Version : now that kawhi has been traded...

duncan2k5
07-18-2018, 09:19 PM
expect more aggressive trades from the spurs in the upcoming weeks...they know we have some serious needs...and im sure in this rebuilding mode, they wont rest on the roster being the way it is because they have the big 3 to fall back on

spursistan
07-18-2018, 09:25 PM
Good to see you breathing some fresh air now that Kawhi's ass is nowhere near your nostrils but on its way to Toronto :tu

tdunk21
07-18-2018, 09:31 PM
package mills or gasol plus pick from raptors

duncan2k5
07-19-2018, 09:12 AM
Good to see you breathing some fresh air now that Kawhi's ass is nowhere near your nostrils but on its way to Toronto :tu

Kawhi WAS my favorite player bro... But I'm a Spurs fan first!

vander
07-19-2018, 09:26 AM
Kawhi WAS my favorite player bro... But I'm a Spurs fan first!

what about all that stuff you were saying about how SA did kawhi wrong? they didn't listen to his doctors, and then made his injury worse, and then made fun of him, etc etc.
what part of all those hundreds of posts was you being a Spurs fan?

offset formation
07-19-2018, 09:27 AM
what about all that stuff you were saying about how SA did kawhi wrong? they didn't listen to his doctors, and then made his injury worse, and then made fun of him, etc etc.
what part of all those hundreds of posts was you being a Spurs fan?

All of which are demonstrably wrong, we now know.

dbestpro
07-19-2018, 09:30 AM
The starting lineup is going to need some outside shooting. This is why I think DeRozan will start at SG and Bertans will be starting at SF. I also think Poeltl will start with Gasol getting big minutes from the bench relieving LMA and Poeltl. Forbes will get plenty of minutes just because Pop has shown so much confidence in him. Once he shows stability then Mills will be traded. DeRozan will get plenty of minutes at SF as Pop tries to work Belinelli, Mills, and White into the rotation. Guy will see more minutes at SF should Bertans really falter. Then there is the Manu factor which means you bring him in when all else fails. Cunningham is there to eat minutes in a blow out or should an injury occur. I do not see the Spurs making any more trades till they see what they got. The most likely trade would be Mills for a big who can shoot the three, maybe another Leonard (Myers Leonard form Portland) as Patty goes back to where he started. Bottom line is Pop wants guys who can put the ball in the hole.

Play Boban
07-19-2018, 09:35 AM
expect more aggressive trades from the spurs in the upcoming weeks...they know we have some serious needs...and im sure in this rebuilding mode, they wont rest on the roster being the way it is because they have the big 3 to fall back on

Are you a Raotors fan now tbh?

SAGirl
07-19-2018, 09:46 AM
:lmao

sasaint
07-19-2018, 09:59 AM
The starting lineup is going to need some outside shooting. This is why I think DeRozan will start at SG and Bertans will be starting at SF. I also think Poeltl will start with Gasol getting big minutes from the bench relieving LMA and Poeltl. Forbes will get plenty of minutes just because Pop has shown so much confidence in him. Once he shows stability then Mills will be traded. DeRozan will get plenty of minutes at SF as Pop tries to work Belinelli, Mills, and White into the rotation. Guy will see more minutes at SF should Bertans really falter. Then there is the Manu factor which means you bring him in when all else fails. Cunningham is there to eat minutes in a blow out or should an injury occur. I do not see the Spurs making any more trades till they see what they got. The most likely trade would be Mills for a big who can shoot the three, maybe another Leonard (Myers Leonard form Portland) as Patty goes back to where he started. Bottom line is Pop wants guys who can put the ball in the hole.

With the departure of Tony and Danny and Manu (?), Mills is now Mr. Spurs Culture. He ain't going nowhere. Plus, on a team that needs outside shooting, Pop ain't trading Mills. Plus, we signed Davis. We aren't going after another stretch 4. Plus, the cupboard is bare when it comes to SF. If Pop makes any more moves they won't be what you are suggesting; he'll shore up the SF position. But with the roster turnover we have already experienced I really doubt that Pop will do anything until see what the guys on hand can do. This is an unprecedented off-season, though...

duncan2k5
07-19-2018, 10:03 AM
I HOPE Davis plays SF... He is quick enough... Shoot we had fathead start for an entire season... And Davis played well against Klay... Besides he was a SF in Europe... Let's stop this small ball crap...

dbestpro
07-19-2018, 10:12 AM
With the departure of Tony and Danny and Manu (?), Mills is now Mr. Spurs Culture. He ain't going nowhere. Plus, on a team that needs outside shooting, Pop ain't trading Mills. Plus, we signed Davis. We aren't going after another stretch 4. Plus, the cupboard is bare when it comes to SF. If Pop makes any more moves they won't be what you are suggesting; he'll shore up the SF position. But with the roster turnover we have already experienced I really doubt that Pop will do anything until see what the guys on hand can do. This is an unprecedented off-season, though...

Bertans, DeRozan, Guy, and Manu can all play small forward. Even with Poeltl, we remain thin at the post. Pop would love a center that can hit the three. As I stated Mills will go nowhere until Forbes has grown a pair and Pop decides that they are duplicates. It is highly evident that Pop thinks Forbes can be special, and will see a significant role.

sasaint
07-19-2018, 10:24 AM
Bertans, DeRozan, Guy, and Manu can all play small forward. Even with Poeltl, we remain thin at the post. Pop would love a center that can hit the three. As I stated Mills will go nowhere until Forbes has grown a pair and Pop decides that they are duplicates. It is highly evident that Pop thinks Forbes can be special, and will see a significant role.

All those guys are good for a few relief minutes at SF. None of them match up well against the good/elite starting SFs in the league. Pop loves Mills probably more than Forbes.

E20
07-19-2018, 10:41 AM
Trade for Kevin Love

SAGirl
07-19-2018, 10:58 AM
All those guys are good for a few relief minutes at SF. None of them match up well against the good/elite starting SFs in the league. Pop loves Mills probably more than Forbes.
People think they need a stretch forward but that was all Davis played last season and he was paid a pretty penny to not play. He will play. I expect, if they are looking for anyone at this point to be a defensive minded forward. They have Cunningham and perhaps he will be a rotation player. It will be hilarious if people don't expect him to play and he ends up in the rotation. I really don't know. But I kind of expect to see training camp bodies to compete for the defensive forward spot as well. I think that was BP3 role but frankly he rarely looked like an NBA player. Perhaps in a .More talented team he isn't asked to do too much and he is fine tho. But that's basically what I expect for now. As you said Pop will want to see what he's got. They may continue to look for a true SF in the future whether through the draft of a trade. Cunningham is a stopgap to replace some minutes from Kyle and he's old and only signed for one year.

sasaint
07-19-2018, 11:04 AM
People think they need a stretch forward but that was all Davis played last season and he was paid a pretty penny to not play. He will play. I expect, if they are looking for anyone at this point to be a defensive minded forward. They have Cunningham and perhaps he will be a rotation player. It will be hilarious if people don't expect him to play and he ends up in the rotation. I really don't know. But I kind of expect to see training camp bodies to compete for the defensive forward spot as well. I think that was BP3 role but frankly he rarely looked like an NBA player. Perhaps in a .More talented team he isn't asked to do too much and he is fine tho. But that's basically what I expect for now. As you said Pop will want to see what he's got. They may continue to look for a true SF in the future whether through the draft of a trade. Cunningham is a stopgap to replace some minutes from Kyle and he's old and only signed for one year.

I agree. Cunningham is a real joker in the Spurs deck. But he doesn't seem to have the quickness to be a true SF defending in space. I hope they pick up a true SF before next season, but Pop is very stubborn and this season has already provided more roster turnover than I think he is comfortable with.