PDA

View Full Version : Israel officially declares itself Apartheid state

hater
07-19-2018, 07:18 AM
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/israel-passes-controversial-nation-state-bill-1.6291048

The Knesset passed early Thursday a controversial bill that officially defines Israel as the national homeland of the Jewish people and asserts that "the realization of the right to national self-determination in Israel is unique to the Jewish people," with 62 lawmakers voting in favor of the legislation and 55 opposing it.
The nation-state law also includes clauses stating that a "united Jerusalem" is the capital of Israel and that Hebrew is the country's official language. Another says that "the state sees the development of Jewish settlement as a national value and will act to encourage and promote its establishment and consolidation."

In a clause that set Arab lawmakers off, the bill explicitly states that "the right to exercises national determination in the State of Israel is unique to the Jewish people."

part of the law [is] aimed at promoting the "establishment and consolidation" of Jewish settlements

boutons_deux
07-19-2018, 07:29 AM
Israel long ago vacated moral high ground it occupied since the Holocaust.

DMC
07-19-2018, 07:54 AM
The beginning of the apocolypse

hater
07-19-2018, 07:59 AM
The beginning of the apocolypse

Choking on another Krispy Cream I see :lol

DMC
07-19-2018, 08:01 AM

I don't mean Israel. My refrigerator broke.

Rust Cohle
07-19-2018, 10:34 AM
^This guy mocking spelling errors :lmao

Chucho
07-19-2018, 10:58 AM
The Jews are fucked and unfuckable. No wonder the towel heads want to genocide them.

hater
07-19-2018, 04:35 PM
Apparently Arab Israeli lawmaker tried to pass a bill in Knesset that said

“All Israeli citizens no matter their race, color or religion are equal”

The Knesset speaker told him to fuck off :lmao

Winehole23
07-20-2018, 03:16 AM
The Jews are fucked and unfuckable. No wonder the towel heads want to genocide them.Notwithstanding the law under discussion that basically defines Israel as a Jewish ethno-state and legally relegates non-Jews to second-class status, Israel is not "the Jews."

Consider that 21% of Israeli citizens are Arab and non-Jewish. That number is increasing. Calling Israel "the Jews" erases Palestinians.

43% of world Jewry resides in Israel. That means 57% live elsewhere. It's not accurate to conflate Israel and world Jewry.

Calling Israel "the Jews" is anti-semitic; it also amounts to anti-Arab racism, insofar as it ignores their status as Israeli citizens. Please cut it out.

Winehole23
07-20-2018, 03:21 AM
more topically, Israel going the way of Zimbabwe and South Africa marks the failure of Zionism. had Zionism been successful, no such law would be needed.

minority rule in Israel is likely to be as successful in the long run as it was in South Africa.

in the short to medium term it bodes very ill for non-Jewish minorities in Israel. if democracy isn't dead in Israel, it soon will be.

pgardn
07-20-2018, 06:31 AM
Bottom line:

Israel right does not want any person of Arab ethnicity as citizens. Citizens have rights and most importantly, a vote.
Hamas and Hezbollah have accomplished exactly what they set out to do, keep the hard core right in power so they can stay relevant and funded. Enemies that both want Israel special. Especially non democratic. Isolate them.

hater
07-20-2018, 07:25 AM
I just heard on radio over 1/2 Israeli population is already non-Jew

This is basically South africa all over again

US (trump or no trump) supports this apartheid state and is mute on the subject. Now we see which state reallycontrols US (its not russia)

Sickest thing is US legislators including many democrats are making it illegal to protest or boycott against this apartheid state. Disgusting

Props to Ireland

boutons_deux
07-20-2018, 07:35 AM
As Israel Approves 'Apartheid' Law, Trump Spends $21M on US Embassy Move to Jerusalem

Donald Trump's embassy move was meant to reaffirm his country's support to the deal that Jerusalem is Israel's capital despite the Palestinian claim to its eastern part.

U.S. President Donald Trump spent over US$21 million, which is

over 100 times of what he said it would cost,

on adding features to the U.S. embassy in Jerusalem,

"They put an order in front of my desk last week for a billion dollars. I said, ‘A billion? What’s that for?’"

"We’re actually doing it for about $250,000," the president said. :lol

the 70th anniversary of the country's independence, one day ahead of Nakba -

which resulted in the forced displacement of nearly 700,000 people from their homes after the state of Israel was established in 1948.

https://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/As-Israel-Approves-Apartheid-Law-Trump-Spends-21M-on-US-Embassy-Move-to-Jerusalem-20180719-0006.html

boutons_deux
07-20-2018, 09:43 AM
Israel's 'Jewish state' law is the latest assault on its Arab citizens

Since its establishment in 1948, Israel has

claimed to be both a Jewish state and a democratic state.

But are those two aspirations achievable, or are they mutually exclusive?

It is a fundamental tension that has only intensified as the Palestinian Arab population in Israel — Christian and Muslim — has grown. Today

more than 20% of the country is Palestinian.

a controversial law Israel passed Thursday that defines the country as the “nation-state” of the Jewish people,

grants advantages to Jewish-only communities and

downgrades Arabic from an official language to one with a “special status.”

it is another troubling, unnecessarily provocative move by Netanyahu’s right-wing coalition,

sending a pointed message about Jewish primacy and

the increasing disregard for Palestinians and their rights.

The new law

omits the promises of democracy and equality

that are included in Israel’s Declaration of Independence.

Critics fear it will entrench privilege for Jews while legitimizing discrimination against Arabs.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-israel-arabs-20180720-story.html#

Ain't Religion just fucking wonderful?

It's right up there with man's lust to power and wealth as mankind's greatest virtues.

Winehole23
07-20-2018, 10:29 AM
Israel shouldn't have have recognized Hamas in the 2006 elections, but perhaps just this sort of impasse was what it wanted all along.

RandomGuy
07-20-2018, 12:56 PM
Notwithstanding the law under discussion that basically defines Israel as a Jewish ethno-state and legally relegates non-Jews to second-class status, Israel is not "the Jews."

Consider that 21% of Israeli citizens are Arab and non-Jewish. That number is increasing. Calling Israel "the Jews" erases Palestinians.

43% of world Jewry resides in Israel. That means 57% live elsewhere. It's not accurate to conflate Israel and world Jewry.

Calling Israel "the Jews" is anti-semitic; it also amounts to anti-Arab racism, insofar as it ignores their status as Israeli citizens. Please cut it out.

It gets harder and harder to defend Israel from a moral standpoint. I personally see less reason to do so every year.

RandomGuy
07-20-2018, 12:56 PM
more topically, Israel going the way of Zimbabwe and South Africa marks the failure of Zionism. had Zionism been successful, no such law would be needed.

minority rule in Israel is likely to be as successful in the long run as it was in South Africa.

in the short to medium term it bodes very ill for non-Jewish minorities in Israel. if democracy isn't dead in Israel, it soon will be.

+1

boutons_deux
07-20-2018, 01:04 PM
"minority rule in Israel"

Jews are a minority in Israel?

DMX7
07-20-2018, 09:30 PM
As Israel Approves 'Apartheid' Law, Trump Spends $21M on US Embassy Move to Jerusalem

Donald Trump's embassy move was meant to reaffirm his country's support to the deal that Jerusalem is Israel's capital despite the Palestinian claim to its eastern part.

U.S. President Donald Trump spent over US$21 million, which is

over 100 times of what he said it would cost,

on adding features to the U.S. embassy in Jerusalem,

"They put an order in front of my desk last week for a billion dollars. I said, ‘A billion? What’s that for?’"

"We’re actually doing it for about $250,000," the president said. :lol

the 70th anniversary of the country's independence, one day ahead of Nakba -

which resulted in the forced displacement of nearly 700,000 people from their homes after the state of Israel was established in 1948.

https://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/As-Israel-Approves-Apartheid-Law-Trump-Spends-21M-on-US-Embassy-Move-to-Jerusalem-20180719-0006.html

But it felt like only $250,000, and Mr. Trump plays by the rules of George Costanza (i.e., it's not a lie if you "believe" it). And Mr. Trump "feels" it, which is close enough.

Winehole23
07-21-2018, 11:38 AM
"minority rule in Israel"

Jews are a minority in Israel?

they will be

hater
07-26-2018, 02:43 PM
:lmao :lol :lmao

hater
07-26-2018, 02:45 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjChqdYUYAABzkJ?format=jpg

Winehole23
07-31-2018, 06:54 PM
Haaretz lead editorial yesterday:

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/editorial/the-apartheid-prime-minister-1.6319599

hater
07-31-2018, 08:24 PM
Druze Israeli soldiers are quitting the army due to the new law

DMX7
07-31-2018, 10:18 PM
Hater, I thought you loved Trump? Why are you going after his second or third favorite country?

Winehole23
07-31-2018, 10:23 PM
hater loves how much Trump pisses people off. otherwise there seems to be little admiration.

pgardn
07-31-2018, 10:49 PM
The goal of BN is keep building setttlements, make it impossible for Arabs and Palestinians to live in the West Bank.
Physically drive them out. Then convert the rest I guess.

Haaretz...
They are allowed to publish in Israel? Wow.
This totally escapes our Putin loving Hater.

Winehole23
07-31-2018, 10:54 PM
The goal of BN is keep building setttlements, make it impossible for Arabs and Palestinians to live in the West Bank.
Physically drive them out. Then convert the rest I guess.enough with the drollery.

call it what it is: ethnic cleansing.

pgardn
07-31-2018, 11:00 PM
enough with the drollery.

call it what it is: ethnic cleansing.

Only if they get buried alive when their house bulldozed.

Winehole23
07-31-2018, 11:03 PM
legally defining an ethnostate, plus the blockade of Gaza, plus settlement in the West Bank, plus generations long social oppression clearly cut no ice with you

pgardn
07-31-2018, 11:12 PM
legally defining an ethnostate, plus the blockade of Gaza, plus settlement in the West Bank, plus generations long social oppression clearly cut no ice with you

Because it ain’t done yet.

Israel has opposition within. JEWISH opposition.
Where is Haaretz located?
You think BN rules forever? You don’t know the history of this democracy. They can be turned.
A major problem is the funding of Hamas and Hezbollah by outside entities who profit from the intransigence of Israel. You think Hamas and Hezbollah give a damn about Palestinians? Really? You think Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iran give a fck about Palestinians?

Winehole23
07-31-2018, 11:15 PM
I suppose the corner could be unturned. Apartheid's not a good look for Israel.

pgardn
07-31-2018, 11:22 PM
I suppose the corner could be unturned. Apartheid's not a good look for Israel.

BN thrives on Israelis getting killed.

1 Israeli dies, 100 (terrorist + collateral deaths)
BN likes that ratio.

boutons_deux
08-24-2018, 04:08 PM
Trash helping with Israel's Muslim cleansing, evangelicals rejoice, End Times even sooner now

Trump redirects over $200 million in U.S. aid for West Bank, Gaza

U.S. President Donald Trump has ordered the State Department to “redirect” more than $200 million in economic aid for projects in the West Bank and Gaza to programs elsewhere,

to ensure these funds are spent in accordance with U.S. national interests and provide value to the U.S. taxpayer,” :lol

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-palestinians/trump-redirects-over-200-million-in-u-s-aid-for-west-bank-gaza-idUSKCN1L923C?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FtopNews+%28News+%2F +US+%2F+Top+News%29

Winehole23
11-25-2022, 03:55 PM
Is there a common word for a three-tiered ethnostate?

vy65
11-25-2022, 04:57 PM
Abused children becoming abusive parents … the utter lack of self-awareness here is mind blowing.

Winehole23
01-03-2023, 01:33 PM
New hard right government going in hard.

Winehole23
09-06-2023, 12:57 PM
neither a left winger, nor an antisemite.