PDA

View Full Version : SF

palangi
07-19-2018, 10:24 AM
I think we really lack at this position. I know the NBA is moving to a more positionless type game, but we really lack length on our wings. We have tons of guards. A lot of 6'3"and 6'4" types. We don't have the 6'8"or 6'9" long wings.

What do we think about a guy like Bruno Caboclo? He is only 22 still. Is 6'9" and has a7'7" wingspan. He shot 34% from 3in the g league last year. With 6 attempts per game.

Could we pick him up as the project for missing out on OG?

https://youtu.be/QBcJWkg4fUs

sasaint
07-19-2018, 10:27 AM
I really only know the name. But you are right - we are seriously depleted in guys who have both the size and quickness to play SF. But I kind of expect the team to stand pat for now. I think there has already been too much roster turnover for Pop's liking.

Em-City
07-19-2018, 10:28 AM
The kid lacks work ethic and a desire to adapt to the challenges of being a professional sportsman

Drewlius
07-19-2018, 10:30 AM
I’d take Brewer for the Vet Min, he’s obviously not a project and has no cieling at this point but I think he could play some solid bench minutes in our system.

Gordonicci
07-19-2018, 04:17 PM
With Boston signing Smart to a ~$13mm a year deal today, Marcus Morris for a pick might be a realistic option to keep the Celtics out of the luxury this year. I realize Morris is more of a 3/4 tweener but he plays hard and had a good playoff run for them this past year. Even better, he's cheap and plays with some nasty.

BWS-1994
07-19-2018, 04:38 PM
With Boston signing Smart to a ~$13mm a year deal today, Marcus Morris for a pick might be a realistic option to keep the Celtics out of the luxury this year. I realize Morris is more of a 3/4 tweener but he plays hard and had a good playoff run for them this past year. Even better, he's cheap and plays with some nasty.

Ainge might ask for a lot.

Gordonicci
07-19-2018, 04:44 PM
Ainge might ask for a lot.
He might. If he does RC can always tell him to piss off. We could even go bigger and try to pry both Morris and Rozier away from them with a combination of young guards and picks. Both those guys look like odd men out given how many players they currently have (and will have) invested big money in.

ace3g
07-19-2018, 06:45 PM
I've wanted the Spurs to sign Corey Brewer since 2011 - so basically he will sign with another team for the vet minimum...

CGD
07-19-2018, 06:57 PM
I think there’s a play for Wilson chandler involving Patty later in the season. They mostly acquired him for the asset from Denver and possible insurance in case they had to move RoCo to spurs.

CGD
07-19-2018, 07:00 PM
Also if you had to rank the guys in the D Leauge/overseas, who is the best positioned to provide deep bench help at the SF:

Bloomgame; Dangabich; Hanga?

Also is Metu a 3 or 4?

Gordonicci
07-19-2018, 07:05 PM
How high are the Hawks on Taurean Prince? Could we pry him away from them? At first glance he looks like he has prototypical size for a 3&D. Improved his 3pt % significantly in his second year also. c

Leetonidas
07-19-2018, 07:11 PM
How high are the Hawks on Taurean Prince? Could we pry him away from them? At first glance he looks like he has prototypical size for a 3&D. Improved his 3pt % significantly in his second year also. c

Lol no way hawks are going to gift us an up and coming wing player like prince.

Gordonicci
07-19-2018, 07:20 PM
Lol no way hawks are going to gift us an up and coming wing player like prince.
Roger that. I'm guessing they value him highly then.

Leetonidas
07-19-2018, 07:26 PM
Roger that. I'm guessing they value him highly then.

I would think so. He's a good player and I think he's got potential to make an ASG or two. I doubt they would gift him to us without us giving up something valuable. Good players on rookie scale contracts are super valuable

Gordonicci
07-19-2018, 07:28 PM
He seems like exactly the kind of player we SHOULD be targeting then. I mean, why throw assets at the Cory Brewers of the world when what we really need is to build a younger, better Kawhi.

Humor me. How expensive would he be for us assuming we could put together something that ATL would consider without hanging up on us?

T Park
07-19-2018, 07:49 PM
They’d want Derrick white in return. There’s zero reason for them to just dump Prince

Gordonicci
07-19-2018, 08:05 PM
They’d want Derrick white in return. There’s zero reason for them to just dump Prince
I wouldn't expect them to dump him. Quite the contrary: After having looked a bit harder at Prince, I don't think we could get him for Murray and White. I wish we could put something together for him though considering how imbalanced our roster is right now. He looks like exactly what we need.

mo7888
07-19-2018, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't expect them to dump him. Quite the contrary: After having looked a bit harder at Prince, I don't think we could get him for Murray and White. I wish we could put something together for him though considering how imbalanced our roster is right now. He looks like exactly what we need.

You don't yhink.murray + white would get prince? This must be apo's new fake account.

Gordonicci
07-19-2018, 08:10 PM
You don't yhink.murray + white would get prince? This must be apo's new fake account.
Please don't associate me with Oedipus. That shit is just wrong. I can actually form complete sentences.

Murray is still raw and White hasn't done anything yet outside of looking good against summer league guys that he damn well should have looked good against.
What do you think it would take to get prince? Would it be worth the Spurs while considering our current roster imbalance?

mo7888
07-19-2018, 08:13 PM
Please don't associate me with Oedipus. That shit is just wrong. I can actually form complete sentences.

Murray is still raw and White hasn't done anything yet outside of looking good against summer league guys that he damn well should have looked good against.
What do you think it would take to get prince? Would it be worth the Spurs while considering our current roster imbalance?

Value wise white is enough but, they wouldn't being in a young guard to compete with the one they just drafted. Walker would do it but it would be an overpay in our part. If Murray is traded anywhere (which is doubtful) them it would be in a package for someone like kemba.

CGD
07-19-2018, 08:49 PM
Does Marvin Williams have anything left? He just turned 32 and has one more year after this one at about 15m. Money works for a swap for Pau, who can help Tony and JB instill a new “culture” in Charlotte.

NASpurs
07-19-2018, 08:58 PM
For the love of everything that is holy, please don't sign Joe Johnson.

SpaceCoast Spursfan
07-19-2018, 10:24 PM
There are quite a few guys out there that could help at SF, depending on whether Spurs are looking for starter or bench help. Really just comes down to how much salary they want to take on, what players/picks are they willing to let go.

Off the top of my head, a few guys that may not fit into long term plan for team, or have bad contracts, or expiring. (some already mentioned)

Demare Carroll
Justin Winslow
Nicholas Batum
Marvin Williams
Tim Hardaway Jr
Stanley Johnson
Moe Harkless

HarlemHeat37
07-19-2018, 10:27 PM
I've wanted Marvin Williams here for years, but there's no way he can play the 3 anymore..

I just really hope Gay isn't going to be the full-time 3..he's way too slow and has no lateral quickness remaining..

DPG21920
07-19-2018, 10:28 PM
I’ll do Mills + Pau for Batum if they give us 2 firsts lol

Payote75
07-19-2018, 10:29 PM
Otto porter????

would love him on this team

Dverde
07-19-2018, 10:33 PM
Carmelo is free agent. Spurs could use him in case Dante Cunningham gets hurt.

K...
07-19-2018, 10:33 PM
I’ll do Mills + Pau for Batum if they give us 2 firsts lol

Do you realize how disrespectful it'd be to let Parker go and trade away for his best friend? Parker and Batum are gonna have a resurgence of French pride fed by the French team winning the world cup

ohmwrecker
07-19-2018, 10:40 PM
Carmelo is free agent. Spurs could use him in case Dante Cunningham gets hurt.

I think he got traded to the Hawks.

Chinook
07-20-2018, 03:20 AM
Carroll is still around. I wouldn't exactly call him a three anymore, though. I could see the Nets considering Pau and the Toronto pick for Demarre and a second. Getting out of Gasol's last year would be nice, and there's not a ton of downside in terms of their pick. Even if they get something like the Indy pick (reverse-protected until 2023), they may only give up two potentially worse seconds. Hopefully, it would be the NYK pick.

I wouldn't be completely against a Gasol/Deng swap if LAL compensated SA properly for the savings. Maybe something like Gasol for Deng, the rights to Bonga and their first this year. SA has no need for cap space next summer, and get can keep collecting assets for a rebuild while they still try to contend. Deng may be completely finished, and if he is, then he probably doesn't make sense. But if he can get back to form from before his LAL days, he could fill out the forward depth.

I still like Harris and would have no issue with SAS being aggressive and trying to turn Pau into Harris and another player like Montrezl Harrell (S&T obviously). There's an argument to be made against getting another guy who needs touches inside the arc, but he would add the scoring punch that we are hoping Gay somehow provides going forward. On the cheaper side, the Spurs might be able to trade Manu's deal and some seconds for Sam Dekker. Dude has legit forward size but just hasn't put it together.

Paul Zipser is still a free agent? Another flame-out, but with Poeltl on the roster, I could see SA bringing him in for camp. I see no reason to not burn the Blossomgame card at this point. The team has enough of the MLE to give him a four-year deal, which would take him deep into his physical prime. Had KBD fallen to them (which still hurts), then having him on such a deal would have been amazing. Jaron doesn't seem to have that in him, but you never know what can happen with time. I also think Brandon Paul has a legit chance to sticking around. He should be better in his second season with the club. Hell, he started off really well on both ends before something derailed it. I'm not against giving him another chance. I just wish his guarantee date wasn't until after camp.

ElNono
07-20-2018, 04:57 AM
Is Tayshawn Prince still around?

-21-
07-20-2018, 05:17 AM
Am I the only one who thinks DeRozan will start at the 3 alongside Mills and Murray?

spurs50_
07-20-2018, 07:37 AM
Damn, you mean there's a chance Mills starts?

SpaceCoast Spursfan
07-20-2018, 08:01 AM
Am I the only one who thinks DeRozan will start at the 3 alongside Mills and Murray?

As roster is now, DDR is most likely starter at the 3. I think most fans would like to see one bigger true SF who can move/defend (Gay is more of a 3/4 at this point and never known as good defender, although possible he could show more mobility further removed from what was a serious injury).

If Spurs look to make move, DDR may still start at 3 depending on quality of player acquired.

I think D Carroll probably easiest to acquire, but honesty haven't really watched him and don't know if his ability to defend athletic wings has declined. Obviously would be nice to get a young guy with some upside.

cd98
07-20-2018, 08:17 AM
Is Tayshawn Prince still around?

I think he’s still alive.

Trueblood
07-20-2018, 08:27 AM

With respect, I think most teams value Murray higher. He's a rebounding beast, he looks like he's been working on his shot and he's been all NBA defensive second team. I like Prince, but I wouldn't give up Murray for him.

Gordonicci
07-20-2018, 11:03 AM
With respect, I think most teams value Murray higher. He's a rebounding beast, he looks like he's been working on his shot and he's been all NBA defensive second team. I like Prince, but I wouldn't give up Murray for him.

I def would not want to give up Murray first. I like his potential and I think that if he puts the work in, he could be an all star caliber PG. Thing is, we now have three good young backcourt prospects but no young (big) wings to pair with them. It just makes sense to me to at least give the Hawks a call and see if they would consider either a White or Walker package for Prince. I DO NOT agree with the poster above who said that Walker for Prince would be and overpay by us. I mean, I watched Walker's summer league minutes and all that I can tell so far is that he's an athlete. I believe Prince is the real deal. He's a guy that has already proven that he can play against real NBA competition and had (I think) four games with at least 30 pts last year. Having that type of young wing to pair with our two remaining guard prospects would help to balance out the roster somewhat.

DPG21920
07-20-2018, 11:08 AM
As roster is now, DDR is most likely starter at the 3. I think most fans would like to see one bigger true SF who can move/defend (Gay is more of a 3/4 at this point and never known as good defender, although possible he could show more mobility further removed from what was a serious injury).

If Spurs look to make move, DDR may still start at 3 depending on quality of player acquired.

I think D Carroll probably easiest to acquire, but honesty haven't really watched him and don't know if his ability to defend athletic wings has declined. Obviously would be nice to get a young guy with some upside.

He was solid. Not spectacular but more than worth a trade for sure. He was in the top 15 SF for DRPM (and he was positive in many other defensive metrics as well).

mo7888
07-20-2018, 11:55 AM
I def would not want to give up Murray first. I like his potential and I think that if he puts the work in, he could be an all star caliber PG. Thing is, we now have three good young backcourt prospects but no young (big) wings to pair with them. It just makes sense to me to at least give the Hawks a call and see if they would consider either a White or Walker package for Prince. I DO NOT agree with the poster above who said that Walker for Prince would be and overpay by us. I mean, I watched Walker's summer league minutes and all that I can tell so far is that he's an athlete. I believe Prince is the real deal. He's a guy that has already proven that he can play against real NBA competition and had (I think) four games with at least 30 pts last year. Having that type of young wing to pair with our two remaining guard prospects would help to balance out the roster somewhat.

You don't have to agree but, Walker is vastly more valuable than Prince.

Are you sure you're not apo? :lol

mo7888
07-20-2018, 12:07 PM

A more realistic offer for Prince (who I actually like beside Walker and Murray in future years) would be something like Pau+Paul+ Forbes+Toronto's 1st for Bazemore and Prince. It eats up our cap next year but, I think it probably helps us short term and long term to a certain degree.

barbacoataco
07-20-2018, 12:27 PM
I just don't see the Spurs making more moves before the season.

Seventyniner
07-20-2018, 12:30 PM
A more realistic offer for Prince (who I actually like beside Walker and Murray in future years) would be something like Pau+Paul+ Forbes+Toronto's 1st for Bazemore and Prince. It eats up our cap next year but, I think it probably helps us short term and long term to a certain degree.

That lines up all the cap space in 2020 as the Spurs seem to be trying to do, and it would be a great deal. But that's not nearly enough for Atlanta. They love Prince and have plenty of cap space next summer even with Bazemore on the books. You're just offering filler and a pick that's guaranteed to not be top 20. I don't know how much more it would take, but it would certainly involve one of Murray or Walker.

Holden_Caulfield
07-20-2018, 12:32 PM
When are we gonna waive bp3 so we can add some sf prospect. Any sf FA that showed anything in summer league?

mo7888
07-20-2018, 12:35 PM
That lines up all the cap space in 2020 as the Spurs seem to be trying to do, and it would be a great deal. But that's not nearly enough for Atlanta. They love Prince and have plenty of cap space next summer even with Bazemore on the books. You're just offering filler and a pick that's guaranteed to not be top 20. I don't know how much more it would take, but it would certainly involve one of Murray or Walker.

No matter how much cap space you have, getting more is valuable. The market for $20M in cap space is currently a 1st round pick in the 16-20 range. So clearing, what would amount to about $12M for Atlanta, should be worth at least a late round 1st + we would be giving them an additional late round 1st. In essence that is a two late round 1st's in value for Prince. That's a pretty good haul for Prince.

Chinook
07-20-2018, 12:37 PM
When are we gonna waive bp3 so we can add some sf prospect. Any sf FA that showed anything in summer league?

They don't have to waive Paul. They just have to be willing to eat his deal if he doesn't make the roster. I really wish BP were even two inches taller. But failing that, he's probably a top-three perimeter defender on the team right now

mo7888
07-20-2018, 12:39 PM
They don't have to waive Paul. They just have to be willing to eat his deal if he doesn't make the roster. I really wish BP were even two inches taller. But failing that, he's probably a top-three perimeter defender on the team right now

I like him better than forbes tbh

DPG21920
07-20-2018, 12:42 PM

They have a hard cap they are dealing with though and I forget how close they are so they may waive him is my guess.

Chinook
07-20-2018, 12:45 PM
They have a hard cap they are dealing with though and I forget how close they are so they may waive him is my guess.

They're like $11 Million from the hard cap. They don't need to waive him unless they don't like where he is right now.

DPG21920
07-20-2018, 12:46 PM
They're like $11 Million from the hard cap. They don't need to waive him unless they don't like where he is right now.

Oh wow - didn’t realize that much from the hard cap. That including Beli/Forbes?

Chinook
07-20-2018, 12:47 PM
I like him better than forbes tbh

We all should. Paul began the season looking like quality depth. Something made him fall off, but if he can get back to that, he would be way more impactful than anyone can expect Forbes to be

Chinook
07-20-2018, 12:47 PM
Oh wow - didn’t realize that much from the hard cap. That including Beli/Forbes?

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=19979696175b52203364747223532428

Forbes is just an estimate by me, as is Milutinov's deferral. But yeah. They still have room to make some moves, though I think they stay under the tax unless they think they can make a title run after another move.

DPG21920
07-20-2018, 12:51 PM
http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=19979696175b52203364747223532428

Forbes is just an estimate by me, as is Milutinov's deferral. But yeah. They still have room to make some moves, though I think they stay under the tax unless they think they can make a title run after another move.

Nice - I’ve messed with the capulator so much not sure how I missed that. So ya, BP is not a lock to be waived at all for financial reasons. Even with Manu and him SA still has a roster spot and if Manu retires they have 2 roster spots.

Sucks that he’s not a legit SF size.

Chinook
07-20-2018, 12:54 PM
Nice - I’ve messed with the capulator so much not sure how I missed that. So ya, BP is not a lock to be waived at all for financial reasons. Even with Manu and him SA still has a roster spot and if Manu retires they have 2 roster spots.

Sucks that he’s not a legit SF size.

Forgot to add Cunningham:

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=5700689695b5221a5952c7506785212

So it's a bit under $10 Million from the apron and $3.6 Million from the tax. I wouldn't say they have a ton of breathing room, but they have enough to have legit competition for a spot or two.

DPG21920
07-20-2018, 12:58 PM

So it's a bit under $10 Million from the apron and $3.6 Million from the tax. I wouldn't say they have a ton of breathing room, but they have enough to have legit competition for a spot or two.

Nice catch - yeah, that tax line is a little too close for comfort especially with 2 open roster spots at best and 1 at worst. Waiving BP gets SA 5M from that tax line and then Manu could make it further.

My guess: He gets waived no matter what Manu does. He’s just not needed with brining Forbes/DeRozan/Lonnie/White into the fold.

palangi
07-20-2018, 12:59 PM
Carroll is still around. I wouldn't exactly call him a three anymore, though. I could see the Nets considering Pau and the Toronto pick for Demarre and a second. Getting out of Gasol's last year would be nice, and there's not a ton of downside in terms of their pick. Even if they get something like the Indy pick (reverse-protected until 2023), they may only give up two potentially worse seconds. Hopefully, it would be the NYK pick.

I wouldn't be completely against a Gasol/Deng swap if LAL compensated SA properly for the savings. Maybe something like Gasol for Deng, the rights to Bonga and their first this year. SA has no need for cap space next summer, and get can keep collecting assets for a rebuild while they still try to contend. Deng may be completely finished, and if he is, then he probably doesn't make sense. But if he can get back to form from before his LAL days, he could fill out the forward depth.

I still like Harris and would have no issue with SAS being aggressive and trying to turn Pau into Harris and another player like Montrezl Harrell (S&T obviously). There's an argument to be made against getting another guy who needs touches inside the arc, but he would add the scoring punch that we are hoping Gay somehow provides going forward. On the cheaper side, the Spurs might be able to trade Manu's deal and some seconds for Sam Dekker. Dude has legit forward size but just hasn't put it together.

Paul Zipser is still a free agent? Another flame-out, but with Poeltl on the roster, I could see SA bringing him in for camp. I see no reason to not burn the Blossomgame card at this point. The team has enough of the MLE to give him a four-year deal, which would take him deep into his physical prime. Had KBD fallen to them (which still hurts), then having him on such a deal would have been amazing. Jaron doesn't seem to have that in him, but you never know what can happen with time. I also think Brandon Paul has a legit chance to sticking around. He should be better in his second season with the club. Hell, he started off really well on both ends before something derailed it. I'm not against giving him another chance. I just wish his guarantee date wasn't until after camp.

Sam dekker would actually be interesting. You would think he could be had.

monkeypunk
07-20-2018, 01:03 PM

Damn, you mean there's a chance Mills starts?

If Mills is starting then the end is truly here.

Chinook
07-20-2018, 01:03 PM
Sam dekker would actually be interesting. You would think he could be had.

Dek hasn't come close to fulfilling his hype, not even on a rebuilding LAC last year. I think he could, yes, and cheaply. SA doesn't have cash to send anymore, as they somehow have to pay Toronto to take Leonard. Otherwise, sending Manu's contract along with the cash to cover it may have been enough. As it is, I think they'll have to give up something or actual value, which I'm less of a fan of doing unless LAC can give something back in addition to Dekker.

Chinook
07-20-2018, 01:06 PM
Nice catch - yeah, that tax line is a little too close for comfort especially with 2 open roster spots at best and 1 at worst. Waiving BP gets SA 5M from that tax line and then Manu could make it further.

My guess: He gets waived no matter what Manu does. He’s just not needed with brining Forbes/DeRozan/Lonnie/White into the fold.

Cun made 15. There's not an open spot unless Manu retires. I fully expect Manu to get paid if he hangs them up, so it's not like they'll save anything. You're right that Paul has a lot of competition already on the roster, and indeed I hope Pop doesn't repeat the events of last year by running three-guard units so much. But Paul's potential skill-set is valuable, especially to the team right now. They will need to replace him with a better version of him if they want to improve the team, and I don't know where they'll find such a player outside of trades.

Seventyniner
07-20-2018, 01:07 PM

Agree. Guard is not the right position for a project player given the rest of the roster. A full-time SF or combo forward, or another big for depth, make more sense.

palangi
07-20-2018, 01:10 PM
Dek hasn't come close to fulfilling his hype, not even on a rebuilding LAC last year. I think he could, yes, and cheaply. SA doesn't have cash to send anymore, as they somehow have to pay Toronto to take Leonard. Otherwise, sending Manu's contract along with the cash to cover it may have been enough. As it is, I think they'll have to give up something or actual value, which I'm less of a fan of doing unless LAC can give something back in addition to Dekker.

What are you thinking they would have to give up?

palangi
07-20-2018, 01:12 PM

And it's crazy we had to give up money to give away kawhi

jyra
07-20-2018, 01:16 PM

I'm confused about Cunningham's deal here. Shouldn't he be a 9 year vet?

Chinook
07-20-2018, 01:17 PM
What are you thinking they would have to give up?

Two seconds.

And it's crazy we had to give up money to give away kawhi

Worst part of the deal. Really showed that PATFO lost the trade there.

Chinook
07-20-2018, 01:18 PM
I'm confused about Cunningham's deal here. Shouldn't he be a 9 year vet?

One-year vet-min deals only count as second-year min deals. The player gets paid for their tenure, but the difference is covered by the league as opposed to the team. That's why 1-and-1 deals for players like Manu are kind of stupid unless that player retires, because they just cost the team money for no reason.

palangi
07-20-2018, 01:22 PM
Two seconds.

Worst part of the deal. Really showed that PATFO lost the trade there.

What do you think about Devin Robinson? He had a good summer league with the wizards. He is a 6'8" guy with good length and athleticism. Had a good shot too. He is behind Porter, oubre, and now Jeff green

https://youtu.be/WvWmhCdkQc8

jyra
07-20-2018, 01:23 PM
One-year vet-min deals only count as second-year min deals. The player gets paid for their tenure, but the difference is covered by the league as opposed to the team. That's why 1-and-1 deals for players like Manu are kind of stupid unless that player retires, because they just cost the team money for no reason.

:tu

I had no idea that this was a thing.

Chinook
07-20-2018, 01:34 PM
What do you think about Devin Robinson? He had a good summer league with the wizards. He is a 6'8" guy with good length and athleticism. Had a good shot too. He is behind Porter, oubre, and now Jeff green

https://youtu.be/WvWmhCdkQc8

I think if he's any good, Washington would be more inclined to move Oubre, since Kelly has to get paid next year. I don't see many teams trading new draftees for pure compensation at this point.

I did like him in his game against SA though, to answer your direct question.

John B
07-20-2018, 01:39 PM
Why is DJ not considered as an SF? Already he is the best perimeter stopper in the team, long and athletic. I think if he develops a consistent 3, he’ll be a great 3&D. Also because I think White is a better facilitator and can shoot over PNR. Just imo, White/DeRozan/Murray/Gay/LMA.

**BUSTA**
07-20-2018, 01:41 PM

What about Hilliard. I keep seeing a lot of discussion about what the Spurs are going to do with Paul and nothing about how that may be connected with Hilliard.
The Spurs did not rescind Hilliards QO and I don't think he will get an offer the Spurs would not be able to match. Hilliard has until October to accept the QO.
Unless I am missing something , I think the Spurs would prefer Hilliard.

Chinook
07-20-2018, 01:46 PM
What about Hilliard. I keep seeing a lot of discussion about what the Spurs are going to do with Paul and nothing about how that may be connected with Hilliard.
The Spurs did not rescind Hilliards QO and I don't think he will get an offer the Spurs would not be able to match. Hilliard has until October to accept the QO.
Unless I am missing something , I think the Spurs would prefer Hilliard.

Why would they prefer Hillard? My guess is that that dude has received no offers, and SA only wants him as a two-way. Now, it's possible they'll want him as a two-way over Paul as a full-roster guy. But I'd rather not bring Hilliard up any higher on the roster yet.

Chinook
07-20-2018, 01:48 PM
Why is DJ not considered as an SF? Already he is the best perimeter stopper in the team, long and athletic. I think if he develops a consistent 3, he’ll be a great 3&D. Also because I think White is a better facilitator and can shoot over PNR. Just imo, White/DeRozan/Murray/Gay/LMA.

Murray has two-guard size. He's not a small-forward. He's also skinny as well and is much worse at man-to-man D than most folks here seem to understand. Maybe he can be the team's Danny Green in terms of defensive responsibilities, but he can't be their Kawhi Leonard.

**BUSTA**
07-20-2018, 01:50 PM
Why would they prefer Hillard? My guess is that that dude has received no offers, and SA only wants him as a two-way. Now, it's possible they'll want him as a two-way over Paul as a full-roster guy. But I'd rather not bring Hilliard up any higher on the roster yet.

So, why wasn't the QO rescinded.

Chinook
07-20-2018, 01:51 PM
So, why wasn't the QO rescinded.

Why would it be?

**BUSTA**
07-20-2018, 01:53 PM
Why would it be?

Couldn't he just accept the QO and be on the roster.

Chinook
07-20-2018, 01:54 PM
Couldn't he just accept the QO and be on the roster.

Probably not. I don't think two-way QOs work the same way.

**BUSTA**
07-20-2018, 02:01 PM
Probably not. I don't think two-way QOs work the same way.

OK. I did not know that a 2way QO was possible.

Chinook
07-20-2018, 02:04 PM
OK. I did not know that a 2way QO was possible.

I'm not sure it's different, but his QO is really low. The dude has two years of accrued service, so he's not a rookie. If he signed a full NBA deal, he'd get paid more than this. Regardless, I think he still looking for something, and if he finds it, PATFO would release him from his obligations. But they may not be against keeping him, even if it's as roster competition for someone. You could end up being right after all.

**BUSTA**
07-20-2018, 02:43 PM
I'm not sure it's different, but his QO is really low. The dude has two years of accrued service, so he's not a rookie. If he signed a full NBA deal, he'd get paid more than this. Regardless, I think he still looking for something, and if he finds it, PATFO would release him from his obligations. But they may not be against keeping him, even if it's as roster competition for someone. You could end up being right after all.

No, you are correct. I found something that said it was a $77,000 2way QO. That is what I missed. My bad. I was just confused about how this situation fit in the picture.
Thanks for the clarity.

Chinook
07-20-2018, 02:53 PM
No, you are correct. I found something that said it was a $77,000 2way QO. That is what I missed. My bad. I was just confused about how this situation fit in the picture.
Thanks for the clarity.

Would you mind sharing that? As I said, I had no idea there was an actual two-way QO. I just assumed there would be. Seeing some explanation for how it works would help us in the future.

CitizenDwayne
07-20-2018, 02:56 PM
Is Rudy really that pathetic an option at SF? He’s not that slow, and yeah his D would be an issue, but he’s not exactly a lockdown defender as it is

**BUSTA**
07-20-2018, 03:07 PM
Would you mind sharing that? As I said, I had no idea there was an actual two-way QO. I just assumed there would be. Seeing some explanation for how it works would help us in the future.

Something on Express News on June 30 by someone I want to ignore and don't want to bring attention to ( initials JY). He said the 2way QO thing was a work in progress, but basically the offer was 77000.

CGD
07-20-2018, 04:27 PM

Nate Duncan had somethingnon this on a recent podcast. But the QO is just for the two way deal, so just seems like a way to protect your prospect somewhat.

TD 21
07-20-2018, 06:16 PM
For one reason or another, these are all terrible options.

Williams has been a PF for a while, but if Gay is, as expected, a poor fit with Aldridge, DeRozan, Murray and the Hornets were willing to attach a protected 1st, I'd look at trading Gay and Cunningham for Williams midseason. He could be a good fit as the starting PF.

Possible trade and/or '19 free agency options: Carroll, Ennis, Winslow, Middleton, Snell, Butler, Chandler, Ariza, Aminu, Harkless, Sefolosha, Oubre.

DAF86
07-21-2018, 02:56 PM
Carmelo anyone?

CGD
07-21-2018, 03:34 PM

Williams has been a PF for a while, but if Gay is, as expected, a poor fit with Aldridge, DeRozan, Murray and the Hornets were willing to attach a protected 1st, I'd look at trading Gay and Cunningham for Williams midseason. He could be a good fit as the starting PF.

Possible trade and/or '19 free agency options: Carroll, Ennis, Winslow, Middleton, Snell, Butler, Chandler, Ariza, Aminu, Harkless, Sefolosha, Oubre.

Stanley Johnson ?

Arcadian
07-21-2018, 03:39 PM
Copied from the "Roster" thread...

In today's NBA, you don't even need a true SF. Lots of teams run with three guards on the floor, a stretch 4, and a traditional big. Basically, all positions have "moved up a slot." What used to be a 2 is now a 3, what used to be a 3 is now a 4, etc. Lebron James is a PF in today's NBA, for example.

CGD
07-21-2018, 03:44 PM

Stanley Johnson any good? I have no idea what DET is up to with that roster.

DAF86
07-21-2018, 03:58 PM
Copied from the "Roster" thread...

That simply is not true, tbh.

GS plays a 7 footer at the 3.
Cleveland played a 6'8" 260 pounds beast.
Celtics play a 6'8'' Tatum.
Toronto will have Kawhi at SG and 6'8'' Anunoby at SF.
Rockets played 6'8'' Ariza.
Utah has 6'8'' Joe Ingles.
Sixers have 6'9'' Covington at SF and 6'10'' Simmons at fucking PG. :lol

And I can go on. Spurs need to get taller on the perimeter.

TD 21
07-21-2018, 03:58 PM
Stanley Johnson any good? I have no idea what DET is up to with that roster.

Spurs have supposedly had interest as recently as last season, but his 3-point shooting, which was terrible to begin with, has not only not improved, it's actually gotten slightly worse in his 3 seasons.

They can't afford another core piece that can't shoot and the Pistons, with Robinson as the only other legit SF on the roster, can't afford to trade him without getting one back. So I don't see him as a realistic option.

r0drig0lac
07-21-2018, 04:07 PM
That simply is not true, tbh.

GS plays a 7 footer at the 3.
Cleveland played a 6'8" 260 pounds beast.
Celtics play a 6'8'' Tatum.
Toronto will have Kawhi at SG and 6'8'' Anunoby at SF.
Rockets played 6'8'' Ariza.
Utah has 6'8'' Joe Ingles.
Sixers have 6'9'' Covington at SF and 6'10'' Simmons at fucking PG. :lol

And I can go on. Spurs need to get taller on the perimeter.

basically the current idea is sg's and sf's higher and pf/c smaller (and faster)
ps: and about Harris for Gasol + pick? Harris from last season on a team with Demar and Aldridge would be great

tonight...you
07-21-2018, 04:19 PM
Carmelo anyone?
He's a Hawk bruddah.

DAF86
07-21-2018, 04:27 PM
He's a Hawk bruddah.

They are going to release him, tbh.

tonight...you
07-21-2018, 04:49 PM
They are going to release him, tbh.
Ah... right arm.

CGD
07-21-2018, 05:22 PM
Spurs have supposedly had interest as recently as last season, but his 3-point shooting, which was terrible to begin with, has not only not improved, it's actually gotten slightly worse in his 3 seasons.

They can't afford another core piece that can't shoot and the Pistons, with Robinson as the only other legit SF on the roster, can't afford to trade him without getting one back. So I don't see him as a realistic option.

Good points. The DET roster is messier than ours AND they’re in a shitty cap situation. Just Incredible.

I still hope that they try to address that gap in a meaningful way, not just Blossomgame/GLeague call ups.

Prose
07-21-2018, 05:55 PM
I think we really lack at this position. I know the NBA is moving to a more positionless type game, but we really lack length on our wings. We have tons of guards. A lot of 6'3"and 6'4" types. We don't have the 6'8"or 6'9" long wings.

What do we think about a guy like Bruno Caboclo? He is only 22 still. Is 6'9" and has a7'7" wingspan. He shot 34% from 3in the g league last year. With 6 attempts per game.

the sad thing is as it moves towards "total basketball" or position less players the most useful position is a 6'5-6'10 players aka SF and yet we haven't had a real backup (i didn't like anderson) SF since kawahi got here and we finally got one in rudy and now we were back to just 1.

SpaceCoast Spursfan
07-21-2018, 10:01 PM
It's too bad the Spurs roster is so full, or it would be easier to take a chance on a younger guy. Of course Pop would probably prefer vet given the youth at many positions already. Do we have a 2 way contract slot available?

ace3g
07-21-2018, 10:05 PM
Like others have said I am hoping the Spurs are working on a trade for a 3/D SF. If the trade opens up a few more roster spots I would like the Spurs to sign Corey Brewer.

therealtruth
07-21-2018, 11:09 PM
I actually think wingspan is more important at the SF position. It allows you to cover more ground and as result improves the defense and rebounding. The offense can always be improved as we saw with Kawhi and hopefully we'll see with Murray.

DAF86
07-31-2018, 10:07 PM
So, I just found out Richard Jefferson is available.

Holden_Caulfield
07-31-2018, 10:10 PM
theyre probably looking for a dleaguer like they did simmons bp3 and neal while blossom will be a 2 way

DAF86
07-31-2018, 10:14 PM
What about Luke Babbitt? Never paid attention to him but he's 6'9" and can shoot, but it seems like his defense is complete shit. Somebody that has watched him play can attest if it is as bad as the numbers indicate?

cd021
07-31-2018, 10:15 PM
I could see DeMarre Carrol being brought out after the trade deadline, I think he could be an eventual target for PATFO but will keep the 15th spot for call-ups until.

DAF86
07-31-2018, 10:27 PM
I wonder if Hood could be had for something the Spurs could afford.

Holden_Caulfield
07-31-2018, 10:32 PM
I wonder if Hood could be had for something the Spurs could afford.
ew. we have enough chucking faggots on the team. we need someone that actually plays some d.

DAF86
07-31-2018, 10:33 PM
ew. we have enough chucking faggots on the team. we need someone that actually plays some d.

He's 25 yo and 6'8". Something's something.

Mr. Body
07-31-2018, 11:02 PM
Ira Newble.

FkLA
07-31-2018, 11:08 PM
I would give Hood a look. I'm sure Snyder would vouch for him. Doubt the Spurs can afford him though.

I really wish they had gone after Noah Vonleh. Knicks got him for pretty cheap 1-2 weeks ago. He looked like a promising player when he was in Portland (I remember he killed us one game) and he's still only 22.

Gordy58
07-31-2018, 11:32 PM
Patrick McCaw, David Nwaba?

TimmyBuckets
08-01-2018, 10:54 AM
Blossomgame. 6'7 and 6'10 wingspan. Athletic. Has the size and speed to guard SFs, is improving defensively.

BatManu20
08-01-2018, 11:01 AM
Ira Newble.

:lol

exstatic
08-01-2018, 11:07 AM

Tim Duncan got punked by Greg Ostertag in summer league. Just sayin....

mo7888
08-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Bring Jarrod Uthoff to camp and see if he can earn a spot. He's tall and can shoot with some skill. He's to thin but, might be worth a look if we decide not to make a trade. Bring in Blossomgame and Metu as our 2-way players.

BackHome
08-01-2018, 12:50 PM
Rather bring in Hanga for a look if he is healed up

r0drig0lac
08-01-2018, 01:15 PM
- Blossomgame
- James Nunally
- Hanga
- Demarre Carroll

in fact, the ideal would be two of these guys replacing Paul and Forbes

exstatic
08-01-2018, 01:33 PM

:vomit:

cool cat
08-01-2018, 03:08 PM
Quincy Acy? we can take all the nets trash.

Dex
08-01-2018, 03:19 PM
Ira Newble.

The lad, the legend.

Dex
08-01-2018, 03:20 PM

He is still afraid of Pop.

Dex
08-01-2018, 03:21 PM
Blossomgame. 6'7 and 6'10 wingspan. Athletic. Has the size and speed to guard SFs, is improving defensively.

Unless the Spurs have some wannabe ace in the hole (which is entirely possible), I'd be surprised if one of the two-way contracts doesn't go to Blossomgame.

cd98
08-01-2018, 03:37 PM
Does the two-way contract cover one of the 15 roster spots or is that in addition to the 15 roster spots.

dbestpro
08-01-2018, 03:59 PM

Horrible three point shot, which is almost a necessity for a SF in today's game. With LMA and DeRozan being inside the arc shooters, Blossom just does not hit the need.

BackHome
08-01-2018, 04:47 PM
Anderson dominated G League and still was an OK NBA player. Blossom has not been consistent nor has he been dominate in G- League.

Coach X
08-01-2018, 06:15 PM
Nice thread. A good basketball conversation.

IMHO there is no problem offensively at the SF, the team can play small or big at the 3 position and still be balanced no matter you play one of the current guards or forwards. There are enough players on the roster able of posting, finishing inside, penetrating, shooting from 3pt, etc.

Nevertheless, I can see a defensive hole at the 3 position. A lot of teams have tall wings and forwards that can create off the dribble and shoot from any distance. Durant, Lebron/Ingram/Kuzma, George, Tatum/Hayward, B Simmons, Leonard, Carmelo?, Wiggins, T Harris, O Porter, Giannis, Gordon, J Parker, etc. You can't guard them with small players, you need to match size and quickness.
I don't see Gay able of playing good 1on1 D against this guys, he has physical limitations now and he never had that mentality. Don't get me wrong, I believe Rudy can play good defense, at the 4 position though.
Dante Cunningham can be a body Pop can throw and I still think Bertans can progress enough to become a solid starter at the SF (yep, that's my risky bet). Hopefully, Davis will have enough playing time and continuity to, at least, finally find out what can he bring consistently.
So we definitely need a classic 3 that can play D against these guys. However, any player Spurs could sign or obtain via trade now won't be a starter so options are: a not very good for this veteran, a raw young kid, a D-leaguer or to wait until February and see if the market looks better then.

Don't forget Spurs defensive system is probably the most collective in the league as it relies more than any other on helping and rotations. So more likely, Pop trusts his system and believes this roster and its team defense will figure out. At least until the trade deadline...

So far, I think Pop will try what he has now. Every single thing. From Bertans/Forbes at 3 to Blossomgame, Metu. Before the trade deadline, he will re-assess the situation.

callo1
08-02-2018, 02:28 AM

I actually think that kid could turn out well. If you look at his age, and where he has played, there simply hasn't been a fit for him in the NBA yet, as far as a comfort fit. Toronto and Sac didn't offer any cultural fit for him at all. SA isn't Brazil, and Portuguese and Spanish are not the same language, but my understanding is that most Portuguese can understand spoken Spanish to a fair degree...while not necessarily the other way around.

You have two Spanish speakers on the roster in Pau and Manu. Manu has been a translator for teammates for years. In all probability, it would be the best fit for the kid since he entered the NBA.

Length, good speed, fairly athletic...I believe 34" vertical at least. He shot 34% from 3 in the 17-18 D-league. Not overall a great shooter percentage wise from the floor, but I just don't think this kid has found a real home yet.

It isn't like the Spurs are likely to win a title next year anyway (we can still wish and hope though).

There are no free agents out there that can guard the likes of Durant anyway....we had one guy and he is gone.

Toss him into the mix and see what he can do. Manu could have a big impact on this kid.

BackHome
08-02-2018, 12:51 PM
I think he is similar to Metu more of a PF then a SF but I like the idea of the Spurs turning every stone in hopes of finding a decent SF for this upcoming season. I

sasaint
08-02-2018, 01:09 PM
I think he is similar to Metu more of a PF then a SF but I like the idea of the Spurs turning every stone in hopes of finding a decent SF for this upcoming season.

I like that approach, too. But I agree with this:

So far, I think Pop will try what he has now. Every single thing. From Bertans/Forbes at 3 to Blossomgame, Metu. Before the trade deadline, he will re-assess the situation.

BackHome
08-03-2018, 02:46 PM
Well looking forward to next years draft it will have a lot of talent swing players for SF and SG. Wish Raptors first wasn’t protected but still should be able to find some talent.

cd98
08-03-2018, 02:46 PM
Well looking forward to next years draft it will have a lot of talent swing players for SF and SG. Wish Raptors first wasn’t protected but still should be able to find some talent.

Spurs should trade that pick to salary dump Gasol.

exstatic
08-03-2018, 02:49 PM

He's essentially an ending contract, so, that would be stupid. Wait a year, don't give up a first rounder.

They'll either waive him outright, or stretch him next summer.

kaji157
08-03-2018, 03:01 PM

I still feel Mills and Gasol combined could be packaged for a disgruntled player in a bad contact. Together they are due 28.4 millions (what was Patfo thinking!?!) This season and 19 million guaranteed next year and 14 in 2020 (again wtf!!?!?).
If a team finds itself in need to shed 90 millions for the next 3 years in one or more players those two can be used in a deal if we consider such player or players useful.

cool cat
08-03-2018, 04:06 PM
I still feel Mills and Gasol combined could be packaged for a disgruntled player in a bad contact. Together they are due 28.4 millions (what was Patfo thinking!?!) This season and 19 million guaranteed next year and 14 in 2020 (again wtf!!?!?).
If a team finds itself in need to shed 90 millions for the next 3 years in one or more players those two can be used in a deal if we consider such player or players useful.
Maybe a Jimmy Butler???

BackHome
08-03-2018, 04:45 PM
I can’t stand Pau but I am OK keeping him one more year and definitely not worth loosing a first round in a trade. But he better be gone after next season ends cause his game has ended three years ago.

SpursDynasty85
08-03-2018, 06:00 PM
Horrible three point shot, which is almost a necessity for a SF in today's game. With LMA and DeRozan being inside the arc shooters, Blossom just does not hit the need.

Yea but we have good shooting off the bench in Bertans, Belli, White, Forbes.. he will be Bowen type. D and corner 3 guy. It's pretty much how he played in summer league. He always cuts from the corner for strong finishes, and put backs. Made a few corner 3's. Rebounds well. Still just average on defense but his physicality can be useful along with his size.

BackHome
08-03-2018, 09:10 PM
Would rather get Hanga or even that kid Yanna
Wantabe he is in NJ summer league he did pretty good he wasn’t drafted so don’t know status. Would not even mind Livio but he signed contract so do not know his buy out. Also forgot that other foreign guy we have who is a SF. To be honest I would like to see 3 SF invited to camp and let the best man win.

dbestpro
08-05-2018, 10:28 AM
Well, while we are looking at the bottom of the barrel, how about giving Anthony Bennett a camp invite. 6-8, SF 25 years old. Former number one pick. Last year he shot 41.8% from deep with Maine on 8.1 attempts, when he was never considered a 3 point shooter. Maybe Pop and co. could make lightening in a bottle. As good a chance, as any.

Also, there is a scout for the Spurs who played SF, was known for defense, 6-7, and is only 30 years old. ....................Landry Fields.

CGD
08-05-2018, 10:34 AM
Well, while we are looking at the bottom of the barrel, how about giving Anthony Bennett a camp invite. 6-8, SF 25 years old. Former number one pick. Last year he shot 41.8% from deep with Maine on 8.1 attempts, when he was never considered a 3 point shooter. Maybe Pop and co. could make lightening in a bottle. As good a chance, as any.

Dude isn’t even in the barrel anymore

dbestpro
08-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Dude isn’t even in the barrel anymore

That's the point. His game has changed. His confidence has changed. All I am saying is it is worth a camp invite.

Pavlov
08-05-2018, 10:45 AM
I can't squint enough to make Bennett a small forward, but that three point shooting is pretty noteworthy.

r0drig0lac
08-06-2018, 10:01 AM
RealGM

realGM

Cavaliers Waive Okaro White

could work

offset formation
08-06-2018, 10:15 AM
I actually think that kid could turn out well. If you look at his age, and where he has played, there simply hasn't been a fit for him in the NBA yet, as far as a comfort fit. Toronto and Sac didn't offer any cultural fit for him at all. SA isn't Brazil, and Portuguese and Spanish are not the same language, but my understanding is that most Portuguese can understand spoken Spanish to a fair degree...while not necessarily the other way around.

You have two Spanish speakers on the roster in Pau and Manu. Manu has been a translator for teammates for years. In all probability, it would be the best fit for the kid since he entered the NBA.

Length, good speed, fairly athletic...I believe 34" vertical at least. He shot 34% from 3 in the 17-18 D-league. Not overall a great shooter percentage wise from the floor, but I just don't think this kid has found a real home yet.

It isn't like the Spurs are likely to win a title next year anyway (we can still wish and hope though).

There are no free agents out there that can guard the likes of Durant anyway....we had one guy and he is gone.

Toss him into the mix and see what he can do. Manu could have a big impact on this kid.

Portuguese is basically a mix of Italian and Spanish. He'd be fine in that regard given we have those languages already.

sasaint
08-06-2018, 10:52 AM
That's the point. His game has changed. His confidence has changed. All I am saying is it is worth a camp invite.

We have issued many worse camp invites. I like the idea. :toast

TimmyBuckets
08-06-2018, 11:38 AM
What about Shabazz Muhammad? Not the best shooter or defender, but can be a decent body with the right system.

SpursDynasty85
08-06-2018, 12:36 PM
Anderson dominated G League and still was an OK NBA player. Blossom has not been consistent nor has he been dominate in G- League.

Anderson was just awarded a $9M/yr contract and will be starting. If Blossomgame is called up, he just needs to hold his own for 8-12 mpg.

KDKSpurs24
08-06-2018, 12:57 PM
RealGM

real (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6855)GM

Cavaliers Waive Okaro White

could work
Yeah he could.

BackHome
08-06-2018, 12:59 PM
The bottom line is I think we can do better then Blossom. But I can see him on a two way contract if Manu returns if Manu doesn’t return we definitely need a better player.

PennSpur
08-06-2018, 06:27 PM
I still like the idea of Pau for Bazemore. Spurs take on more $$, but they free up minutes for Poeltl and add a decent wing.

J_Paco
08-06-2018, 07:25 PM
I still like the idea of Pau for Bazemore. Spurs take on more $$, but they free up minutes for Poeltl and add a decent wing.

A decent wing who is strictly a SG, but we don't have enough of those already?!

SpursDynasty85
08-06-2018, 07:28 PM
A decent wing who is strictly a SG, but we don't have enough of those already?!

Bazemore would be a SF in our line up. He's pretty long and can guard sfs. His contract is atrocious though.

Seventyniner
08-06-2018, 07:32 PM

I don't like it. Bazemore's contract is pretty bad. If the Hawks are willing to attach an asset like Prince or a future pick then you have my attention.

Truth4sale$
08-07-2018, 10:37 AM
NBA teams can invite up to 20 guys , I would love to see multiple small forwards, but whomever they bring in will likely NOT be a contributor regardless due to a learning curve and limited playing time. That said, there is a few scraps still floating around:

Bruno Caboclo (https://hoopshype.com/player/bruno-caboclo/)

Small Forward / 6-9 / Last team: Sacramento Kings

Considered a bust but young, has the length we all want.

Trahson Burrell SF
Considerd a jack of all trades swiss knife
https://www.ridiculousupside.com/2017/3/21/15010848/trahson-burrell-nba-dleague-nbadl-nbadleague

JaKarr Sampson
Restricted free agent two way player.

Malcolm Miller
Another gleague small forward from the raptor.

I guess the raptors don't need them, they have one now.

KDKSpurs24
08-07-2018, 10:51 AM
NBA teams can invite up to 20 guys , I would love to see multiple small forwards, but whomever they bring in will likely NOT be a contributor regardless due to a learning curve and limited playing time. That said, there is a few scraps still floating around:

Bruno Caboclo (https://hoopshype.com/player/bruno-caboclo/)

Small Forward / 6-9 / Last team: Sacramento Kings

Considered a bust but young, has the length we all want.

Trahson Burrell SF
Considerd a jack of all trades swiss knife
https://www.ridiculousupside.com/2017/3/21/15010848/trahson-burrell-nba-dleague-nbadl-nbadleague

JaKarr Sampson
Restricted free agent two way player.

Malcolm Miller
Another gleague small forward from the raptor.

I guess the raptors don't need them, they have one now.
I’d try Okaro White

Truth4sale$
08-07-2018, 02:53 PM
Okaro White is not seen highly even by Cavs fan, but worth working out to see if the Spurs can do something with him. I have higher regards for the PATFO than anybody working in the CAVS front office for talent evaluation.
https://cavsnation.com/cavs-player-future-analysis-okaro-white/

One other former raptor/Gleague is Alfonzo McKinnie
https://www.raptorshq.com/2018/4/11/17220338/nba-toronto-raptors-905-alfonzo-mckinnie-forward-playoffs-skills
Seems to be a hustle energy player, athletic dunker type.

Again, whomever the Spurs bring in won't be a savior but it would be great to get a developmental type/young player as opposed to a old retread. Of course, the Spurs could just sign Jaron Blossomgame or Daurran Hillard and call it a day.

SpursDynasty85
08-07-2018, 04:59 PM
Okaro White is not seen highly even by Cavs fan, but worth working out to see if the Spurs can do something with him. I have higher regards for the PATFO than anybody working in the CAVS front office for talent evaluation.
https://cavsnation.com/cavs-player-future-analysis-okaro-white/

One other former raptor/Gleague is Alfonzo McKinnie
https://www.raptorshq.com/2018/4/11/17220338/nba-toronto-raptors-905-alfonzo-mckinnie-forward-playoffs-skills
Seems to be a hustle energy player, athletic dunker type.

Again, whomever the Spurs bring in won't be a savior but it would be great to get a developmental type/young player as opposed to a old retread. Of course, the Spurs could just sign Jaron Blossomgame or Daurran Hillard and call it a day.

If Manu comes back Blossomgame would compliment Manu's deficiencies better. If he doesn't come back Hilliard would be a good Manu replacement on the roster with White taking on more minutes.

venitian navigator
08-08-2018, 03:31 AM
top 10 available prospects at sf...put in my order of preference:

1) Huestis
2) Caboclo
3) Brewer
4) Acy
5)Blossomgame
6) O. White
7) J. Jhonson
8)S. Muhammad
9)J. Sampson
10) N. Young

PublicOption
08-08-2018, 07:19 AM
Adam Hanga....is all we need..

Mr. Body
08-08-2018, 08:17 AM
top 10 available prospects at sf...put in my order of preference:

1) Huestis
2) Caboclo
3) Brewer
4) Acy
5)Blossomgame
6) O. White
7) J. Jhonson
8)S. Muhammad
9)J. Sampson
10) N. Young

That bad, huh?

Truth4sale$
08-08-2018, 08:46 AM
Adam Hanga....is all we need..

I would love to see Adam Hanga come over, we know he will provide the defense we need at the small forward/guard spot but I have a feeling he is done dealing with the Spurs since reading his comments about spurs negotiations.

John Huestis is a interesting prospect that I would like seeing but he has some offensive flaws that need serious correction. I think there was too much of a log jam at the small forward spot in OKC for him to break thru. Basically Jaron Blossomgame with more NBA experience. Worth a workout and young vet signing. I think the Spurs can make something out of him.

cd021
08-09-2018, 05:58 PM
Hanga would be ideal but I think he's under contract for a couple more seasons, even if he has an NBA-out, last summer might've soured him on coming over.

Blossomgame will likely be a two-way contract player IMO.

Huestis can't shoot, and while he has a rep as a defensive player, he really hasn't played- only 1068 minutes in 76 games over three years.

Manu is fine as the backup 3 with Cunningham and Walker being in line, should Manu go down or he decides to retire

cd021
08-09-2018, 06:02 PM
That bad, huh?

Spurs should wait until the buyout market, they should be fine at the 3- offensively at least. De'Marre Carrol would be perfect- all things considering, should he be brought out. Quietly had a good season last year; 37% on 5 3's per game and ranged high in DRPM for SFs

mo7888
08-09-2018, 07:08 PM
When do we expect camp invitees to be made public?

TimDunkem
08-09-2018, 07:34 PM
Hanga? :lmao That old fuck is never coming over. Oh, and he sucks.

Move on, people.

kobyz
08-09-2018, 07:37 PM
Justin Anderson if we can trade for him

venitian navigator
08-09-2018, 11:52 PM
Huestis has the phisical tools to be a good player for us, and covers a role we lack actually (defensive wing, small forward)...He has big flaws but that are the ones we have been able to correct in most players we had thanks to our staff (shooting). He also looks a smart person looking at his interwiews. He's the kind of player that could still be considered a project to work on, on a multi years contract at a small price.

cd021
08-10-2018, 02:07 AM
Justin Anderson if we can trade for him

I actually thought about him, he is a good athlete, cheap, has defensive skills-even if it hasn't exactly translated to the league. He just got traded recently so I doubt he shakes loose.

cd021
08-10-2018, 02:13 AM
Huestis has the phisical tools to be a good player for us, and covers a role we lack actually (defensive wing, small forward)...He has big flaws but that are the ones we have been able to correct in most players we had thanks to our staff (shooting). He also looks a smart person looking at his interwiews. He's the kind of player that could still be considered a project to work on, on a multi years contract at a small price.

OkC invested 4 years in him, after 4 years of college and, he still can't shoot. Finding 3s who can defend isn't necessarily the issue, it's finding a 3 that can be at least a decent 3 point shooter too.

None of the currently available guys check those boxes.

At this point; Gay and Manu should be more than fine at the 3, both are good offensive players who can defend at a borderline average level. Their not going to shut down LeBron or KD but that probably wasn't going to be the case in any incarnation of this year's team.

venitian navigator
08-10-2018, 02:46 AM
OkC invested 4 years in him, after 4 years of college and, he still can't shoot. Finding 3s who can defend isn't necessarily the issue, it's finding a 3 that can be at least a decent 3 point shooter too.

At this point; Gay and Manu should be more than fine at the 3, both are good offensive players who can defend at a borderline average level. Their not going to shut down LeBron or KD but that probably wasn't going to be the case in any incarnation of this year's team.

I disagree. its right he didn't have made many improvements in shooting, but he never had a lot of playing time nor a staff known for fi shooting as our staff is.
On yhr opposite, when he played he has shown qualities that out team desperately needs...I mean being a young defensive stopper on the wings and on the post at the same time.
The only real and competent defensive players we have there are Cunningham (but mostly on bigs) and for very limited time Gino.
That's not a lot.
Imho we really need a perimeter stopper...considering we potentially have a lot of volume shooters (DDR and LMA, plus Beli from the bench) but no defensive weapon in that side.

Atl Spur
08-10-2018, 04:44 AM

Is Roberson a great shooter @ any distance?

Fusternino
08-10-2018, 02:41 PM
Still sold on us getting Quincy Acy to be a 3/4 defender who can shoot the 3. Are he and Cunningham friends? I just think a DeMarre Carroll buyout is no guarantee.

cd021
08-10-2018, 07:30 PM
Is Roberson a great shooter @ any distance? Roberson is one of the worst shooting, shooting guards in the league but among the best defensively. Huestis isn't anywhere close to that level.

cd021
08-10-2018, 07:39 PM
I disagree. its right he didn't have made many improvements in shooting, but he never had a lot of playing time nor a staff known for fi shooting as our staff is.
On yhr opposite, when he played he has shown qualities that out team desperately needs...I mean being a young defensive stopper on the wings and on the post at the same time.
The only real and competent defensive players we have there are Cunningham (but mostly on bigs) and for very limited time Gino.
That's not a lot.
Imho we really need a perimeter stopper...considering we potentially have a lot of volume shooters (DDR and LMA, plus Beli from the bench) but no defensive weapon in that side.

It's not like OKC has a poor player development staff and it's not like San Antonio has a long track record of teaching players how to shoot. Kawhi and Parker are the successes but Anderson, Cojo, Simmons, and Murrary never/have yet to come around as shooter's.

Spurs should probably be a top 10 defense, even without a traditional perimeter stopper (besides Murray) and top 10 offensively. That is a good recipe for 50 wins. Having a 1-D, defensively perimeter player is something that Limited impact on this team.

Seventyniner
08-10-2018, 08:40 PM
It's not like OKC has a poor player development staff and it's not like San Antonio has a long track record of teaching players how to shoot. Kawhi and Parker are the successes but Anderson, Cojo, Simmons, and Murrary never/have yet to come around as shooter's.

Spurs should probably be a top 10 defense, even without a traditional perimeter stopper (besides Murray) and top 10 offensively. That is a good recipe for 50 wins. Having a 1-D, defensively perimeter player is something that Limited impact on this team.

I agree, ~9th on both O and D is within reach. That's good enough for a top 5 seed in the West.

cd021
08-12-2018, 07:51 AM
I agree, ~9th on both O and D is within reach. That's good enough for a top 5 seed in the West.

I think that is probably good enough for at least 4th and even 3rd depending on how OKC looks. I could see 55 wins, but that is probably towards the higher end of this teams RS ceiling.

dbestpro
08-21-2018, 12:13 AM
Dangubic may be given a shot at SF.

John B
08-21-2018, 01:53 AM
This guy has some serious hops and deep shooting. So what’s wrong with him??

cool cat
08-21-2018, 02:12 AM
This guy has some serious hops and deep shooting. So what’s wrong with him?? 46% from 3pt is really good but the guy is 6’8 and weighs less then 200 pounds.

John B
08-21-2018, 08:40 AM
46% from 3pt is really good but the guy is 6’8 and weighs less then 200 pounds.
His recent pictures and highlights seemed he has bulked up and explosiveness, with some Blake Griffin type dunks. He works hard both ends of the court. I hope he pans out.

ceperez
08-21-2018, 09:03 AM
His recent pictures and highlights seemed he has bulked up and explosiveness, with some Blake Griffin type dunks. He works hard both ends of the court. I hope he pans out.

If Manu doesn't sign then Dangubic gets a shot.

BackHome
08-21-2018, 10:34 AM
I think he has a chance even if Manu comes back as with him we still have the 15th spot open. If Manu retires then we have two active positions we could use

mo7888
08-22-2018, 06:40 AM

Is this just conjecture or is it being reported somewhere?

cutewizard
08-22-2018, 10:37 AM

Any videos on this guy??

FireMicoHalili
08-22-2018, 10:49 AM
Is this just conjecture or is it being reported somewhere?
https://airalamo.com/2018/08/20/san-antonio-spurs-nemanja-dangubic-workout-practice-facility/

Read a tweet that his presence in the Spurs facility is part of the Spurs’ annual due diligence with their second-round picks. Should have been included in the Summer League roster unless Crvena Zvezda’s season was ongoing when summer league came around. Weird how everyone’s been busy signing training camp invites except the Spurs. Might get a camp invite but who knows at this point, really. I’m guessing Blossomgame, Metu, and Hanlan get a crack at the two-way spots. Not sure about this guy since he’s playing at a lower level but hasn’t put up significant stats.

mo7888
08-22-2018, 12:58 PM
https://airalamo.com/2018/08/20/san-antonio-spurs-nemanja-dangubic-workout-practice-facility/

Read a tweet that his presence in the Spurs facility is part of the Spurs’ annual due diligence with their second-round picks. Should have been included in the Summer League roster unless Crvena Zvezda’s season was ongoing when summer league came around. Weird how everyone’s been busy signing training camp invites except the Spurs. Might get a camp invite but who knows at this point, really. I’m guessing Blossomgame, Metu, and Hanlan get a crack at the two-way spots. Not sure about this guy since he’s playing at a lower level but hasn’t put up significant stats.

I appreciate it. It would be nice to see him invited to camp and compete.