PDA

View Full Version : Parker has definately improved his shot if today is any indication!

MaNuMaNiAc
10-22-2005, 08:00 PM
We're gonna kick ass this year!

usckk
10-22-2005, 08:12 PM
This means absoluetly nothing. He went through spells like this all the time. We're just looking for consistency now.

Pistons < Spurs
10-22-2005, 10:14 PM
We're just looking for consistency now.

Agree. So many times, I've thought that Parker had finally found his comfort zone, and become the complete player I expect him to be, only to be dissapointed by his predictable inconsistency.

Hopefully this is the year...at least until he faces the Pistons.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-22-2005, 10:46 PM
Why can't you people give him the benefit of the doubt?? He'll have a breakout year

IceColdBrewski
10-22-2005, 11:29 PM
He'll have a breakout year

Why does that sound familiar?

Ginofan
10-22-2005, 11:39 PM
He looked really good tonight, and he looked pretty decent in the Pacers game I thought...hopefully the inconsistancy bit is going away.

angel_luv
10-22-2005, 11:41 PM
He looked really good tonight, and he looked pretty decent in the Pacers game I thought...hopefully the inconsistancy bit is going away.

True that! =)

dbreiden83080
10-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Tony eventually will find his consistancy hopefully this year. He is a hard worker and will be a great player, he has more talent that 90% of the PG in the NBA.

Kori Ellis
10-23-2005, 12:57 AM
I talked to him in the locker room about it. He said that it's a long process but that he's knocking down his jumpers consistently in practice now and that he's working a lot with Chip Engelland. He also said that he needs to keep working on his concentration at the line. He realizes that he's not going to be a great shooter overnight, especially since they are completely re-working his stroke.

But he did look good tonight.

lilmads
10-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Unfortunately he sucked at the training camp. Everyone realized that he was the only one really missing his shots. It was weird. However, he seems to be doin better now with that trainer. Hope it works out for him...

RashoFan
10-23-2005, 10:23 AM
..... especially since they are completely re-working his stroke.

Here I thought EVA was working on his stroke...... :lol

sorry couldn't resist...

lilmads
10-23-2005, 11:35 AM
Here I thought EVA was working on his stroke...... :lol

sorry couldn't resist...

lol :spin

Spurs košarka kultura
10-23-2005, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs košarka kultura

Tony Parker looks freakin good real active on both ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNuMaNiA

he is 1-5 fg. Him and Manu are both sucking tonight.

:rolleyes

sickdsm
10-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Why can't you people give him the benefit of the doubt?? He'll have a breakout year

Hell yeah, give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sincerly,

Vikings expectations for the past 4 years.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-23-2005, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs košarka kultura

Tony Parker looks freakin good real active on both ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNuMaNiA

he is 1-5 fg. Him and Manu are both sucking tonight.

:rolleyes
Your point? he wasn't playing well that game. I merely stated that in that game both him and Manu were having a bad day. Nowhere did I say he was going to suck this season or be inconsistent like people here are saying. Next time, think a little before you post

wildbill2u
10-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Does anyone know exactly what is wrong with his 'stroke'? Can you describe the problem? I can't see the games and you can't tell much from a TV view.

sa_butta
10-24-2005, 11:48 AM
What happened at the free throw line?

5-9.

MannyIsGod
10-24-2005, 12:06 PM
If you want to find out whats wrong with Parkers old stroke, look at footage of the way he shoots then look at footage of Steve Kerr shooting. His shot wasn't nearly as fluid; it was a lot more choppy. I couldn't really tell the other night at the game, but it does look 100x better when you look at it on film.

Oh, Gee!!
10-24-2005, 12:11 PM
parker went hollywood. Expect him to force a trade to LA.

sa_butta
10-24-2005, 12:13 PM
If you want to find out whats wrong with Parkers old stroke, look at footage of the way he shoots then look at footage of Steve Kerr shooting. His shot wasn't nearly as fluid; it was a lot more choppy. I couldn't really tell the other night at the game, but it does look 100x better when you look at it on film.Honestly I dont care how it looks as long as it goes in. But seriously Im glad he got someone to work with him. With a solid outside J and the trademark teardrop he will be a monster.

Spurs košarka kultura
10-24-2005, 12:49 PM
Your point? he wasn't playing well that game. I merely stated that in that game both him and Manu were having a bad day. Nowhere did I say he was going to suck this season or be inconsistent like people here are saying. Next time, think a little before you post

Did you actually watch that game?? Parker was EVERYWHERE he was about 5x faster than anyone on the court, and his PASSES were money (I recall a very sweet in mid air behind the back pass, then a steal). According to you if he dosen't shoot well he "sucks", but when he does he's all-star material.

Extra Stout
10-24-2005, 01:27 PM
How's the rotation on his shot? With his old form, the axis was almost 90 degrees out of whack, even when he was hitting.

Marcus Bryant
10-24-2005, 01:38 PM
Improving TP's jumper is key since his penetration is fairly unstoppable. Improvement at the line is icing on the cake.

To put it in perspective, TP had 323 trips to the line in the 2004-05 season, or 4.04 times per game. He shot 65.0% for the season from the line. Now, if you factor in a prospective improvement in his FT shooting to 75.0%, that would translate into 0.4 points more per game.

Yes, every point counts and if he's out there late in playoff games then more reliable FT shooting from TP would be quite nice.

But an improvement in his jumper would most likely have a much more significant impact. To wit, he had 156 3-point shot attempts last season. He hit 43, or 27.6% of those attempts. If he shot something respectable, like 35.0%, then that would have translated into 0.44 more points per contest. That also doesn't factor in the value the Spurs would get from defenses having to respect his shot and giving him easier opportunities to drive and score (or dish).

lotr1trekkie
10-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Is there any poster who has accomplished more at 23[all year] than TP. His skills compliment the Spurs perfectly. We have enough bombers now that Pop is going to have to reigh in these guys so we don't resemble the Suns[25 3's /game].
Tony is a great guy, a team player, plays excellent D, and settled for less to play here. Is Jason Kill worth 20 mill? Is Marbury?
Maybe Tony will never be a killer 3-point shooter but it really doesn't matter. There will always be a Hoiberg out there. What Tony has can't be taught---Iversonesque speed and quickness but with a better head for the game.
Finally, don't mess with Tony for one more reason-- Timmy loves him!

Spurs košarka kultura
10-24-2005, 03:14 PM
^ Ditto

ducks
12-01-2005, 11:09 PM
No Shit

boutons
12-01-2005, 11:21 PM
What really improved with Tony is 48 minutes of aggressive driving, and he finishes MUCH STRONGER this year.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-01-2005, 11:24 PM
I talked to him in the locker room about it. He said that it's a long process but that he's knocking down his jumpers consistently in practice now and that he's working a lot with Chip Engelland. He also said that he needs to keep working on his concentration at the line. He realizes that he's not going to be a great shooter overnight, especially since they are completely re-working his stroke.

But he did look good tonight.

Kori, when you talk the spurs players do you ever for like even just a minute forget you're a reporter and just hug tim duncan and be like "OMG!! TIMMY! I LOVE YOU! I'M A HUGE FAN! HUGE FAN!" there's gotta be some moments where maybe during a press conference when tony parker is talking and you get called on for a question you're just like "oh sorry! I was just waving to Tony!" :spin

I don't think I would make a good reporter