PDA

View Full Version : It's Time To Move On

R to the P McMurphy
07-19-2018, 10:07 PM
As the old man said...it's f'ing time.

F all this negativity w/ kawhitter. It's over. This whole debacle has prob provided all of us a little more stress than we needed in our busy lives. He was once a favorite player of a lot of us - I've got a grey number 2 jersey next to my #50, 21, and 20 jerseys, but F it, that shit is getting replaced real soon with a new spurs jersey. Pop and RC are playing for the present and while the spurs prob don't have enough to win it all the next few years, we are at least going to be a competitive team. We don't know how White, DJ, or walker will progress, but we know now we can watch the spurs play at a pretty high level the next few years. I'm so down with rooting for our new guys and seeing how it all fits. Gay, Aldridge, DJ, and Derozan under pop should be able to become a pretty solid force. Just so over this negative shit. GO spurs GO. It's over and it's time to start feeling good about this team again.

K...
07-19-2018, 10:45 PM
Ok congrats and welcome to the site, your thoughts are pretty mainstream here. There will be a hangover this season as we adjust to the new faces, but soon enough we'll start hating Mills and gasol again. People will accuse pop of brinyg senile. People will claim we should have drafted random scrubs who go off. It should all be fun

Fusternino
07-19-2018, 10:50 PM
Move on? Why did we sign Forbes and not Anderson? Why didn't we trade Kawhi for Tobias/12/13 or even Tobias/Jerome Robinson/Harrell S&T or Tobias/Harrell S&T/two future firsts? Alsom Tobias actually shoots the 3, is younger and taller than DDR, and we didn't need to lose Danny.

But whatever.

ohmwrecker
07-19-2018, 10:53 PM
Oh, man. Thanks. I was waiting for this thread to tell me it was ok to move on. It’s like a weight has been lifted.

TrainOfThought5
07-19-2018, 10:56 PM
Ok congrats and welcome to the site, your thoughts are pretty mainstream here. There will be a hangover this season as we adjust to the new faces, but soon enough we'll start hating Mills and gasol again. People will accuse pop of brinyg senile. People will claim we should have drafted random scrubs who go off. It should all be fun

The random scrub part is so true LMAO

SAGirl
07-19-2018, 11:01 PM
Heh, fans still bring up J.Simms and Dedmon being let go in 2016... and complained a about it all year.

only their recent guilty by association with Kiwi (even though they haven't been in the team for over a year and even when their so called association is speculated and unproven) has soured some fans on them but I know they still were brought up most of the season.

This topic may come back.

Do you not know anything if spurstalk? Guys here still discuss Robinson and his teams sometimes...

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-19-2018, 11:02 PM
OP is obviously new here. it’s july and we don’t have anything else to talk about. the proper time for ST to move on from playoffs/offseason failures is sometime after christmas. patience senor

Fusternino
07-19-2018, 11:03 PM
Heh, fans still bring up J.Simms and Dedmon being let go in 2016... and complained a about it all year.

only their recent guilty by association with Kiwi (even though they haven't been in the team for over a year and even when their so called association is speculated and unproven) has soured some fans on them but I know they still were brought up most of the season.

This topic may come back.

Do you not know anything if spurstalk? Guys here still discuss Robinson and his teams sometimes...

Was Green included in that "clique" as well? What exactly were Kawhi/Green/Simmons/Dedmon doing?

R to the P McMurphy
07-19-2018, 11:03 PM

Thanks for the welcome...but I've been here for a long time. Of course there will be...it's f'ing spurstalk...bitching is the name of the game...I'm just glad to not think about kiwi anymore...or as much. The patty/gasshole and kiwi bitching will go on forever

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-19-2018, 11:05 PM
Was Green included in that "clique" as well? What exactly were Kawhi/Green/Simmons/Dedmon doing?

danny got moved (imho imho) because his d has slid a bit and his shot has been off for several years now

simply not good enough offensively to be spurs SG with the rest of the mung in the SL

Stabula
07-19-2018, 11:05 PM
Any of you get a spike of depression after you nut?

Fusternino
07-19-2018, 11:07 PM
danny got moved (imho imho) because his d has slid a bit and his shot has been off for several years now

simply not good enough offensively to be spurs SG with the rest of the mung in the SL

I still would've kept him for one more year.

I'm talking more about this recent dump of info that Kawhi/Dedmon/Simmons/maybe Green were all their own faction in the locker room.

SAGirl
07-19-2018, 11:09 PM
Wait for a losing streak next season TBH. People will curse Kiwi again if he's not injured.

Last season's team went on quite a few losing streaks but not much was expected of them but to hold the line. This season's team at least is expected to not squeak by into the playoffs and actually be a good team. We shall see.

Wait until J.Simms lights up Derozan and Kyle or Danny picks the Spurs game to go off.
:lol. I don't even want to tell you about what Kiwi will do if healthy...

Heh. I had forgotten Tony who just have his one game of the season when he turns back time against the Spurs.

R to the P McMurphy
07-19-2018, 11:11 PM
Wait for a losing streak next season TBH. People will curse Kiwi again if he's not injured.

Last season's team went on quite a few losing streaks but not much was expected of them but to hold the line. This season's team at least is expected to not squeak by into the playoffs and actually be a good team. We shall see.

Wait until J.Simms lights up Derozan and Kyle or Danny picks the Spurs game to go off.
:lol. I don't even want to tell you about what Kiwi will do if healthy...

Lmfao---can't wait for the bombardment of "Derozans D is f'ing awful" threads

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-19-2018, 11:11 PM
I still would've kept him for one more year.

I'm talking more about this recent dump of info that Kawhi/Dedmon/Simmons/maybe Green were all their own faction in the locker room.

i like verde flaws and all, and view him as a positive ‘known’ veteran trade asset that was needed to get toronto to roll the dice on nephew

i dont know what to say about dedmon simmons etc except they are highly overrated by some on ST

SAGirl
07-19-2018, 11:18 PM
IMO it's made up. Danny answered more questions by the media than anyone else and he stood up for Kawhi all the time. Simmons and Dedmon haven't been in the team for over a year. I don't know why guys are making stuff up. IMO Kawhi doesn't really firm cliques, not like fans here make it out to be. First guy barely talks to begin with. Second doubt if he felt inclined to talk he would be about to form his own locker room gang you know what I mean?

\/(^·^)\/

R to the P McMurphy
07-19-2018, 11:20 PM
i like verde flaws and all, and view him as a positive ‘known’ veteran trade asset that was needed to get toronto to roll the dice on nephew

i dont know what to say about dedmon simmons etc except they are highly overrated by some on ST

Dedmon def overrated. Simmons...nah. He could actually defend Harden and has size. Verde, all nostalgia...that's it. He's been awful for 2 years. Fine with Belli taking his shots-downgrade in D, yes, but Green is now just the best fast break defender - his half court D isn't all that anymore. Gets burned plenty.

SnakeBoy
07-19-2018, 11:24 PM

:lol All true but you forgot "if only Pop would play <insert scrub on the end of the bench>"

Fusternino
07-19-2018, 11:26 PM
IMO it's made up. Danny answered more questions by the media than anyone else and he stood up for Kawhi all the time. Simmons and Dedmon haven't been in the team for over a year. I don't know why guys are making stuff up. IMO Kawhi doesn't really firm cliques, not like fans here make it out to be. First guy barely talks to begin with. Second doubt if he felt inclined to talk he would be about to form his own locker room gang you know what I mean?

\/(^·^)\/

Green is definitely Kawhi's closest associate . . . not sure they're even on the friend level, though. So there were legit locker room issues with Simmons/Dedmon then, just nothing connecting back to Kawhi? I saw either here or somewhere they would complain about minutes or trash talk Manu, Kyle, and Gasol-thinking they were better than them.

DAF86
07-19-2018, 11:36 PM
Nothing says "moving on" more than making a thread about moving on.

SAGirl
07-19-2018, 11:44 PM
Green is definitely Kawhi's closest associate . . . not sure they're even on the friend level, though. So there were legit locker room issues with Simmons/Dedmon then, just nothing connecting back to Kawhi? I saw either here or somewhere they would complain about minutes or trash talk Manu, Kyle, and Gasol-thinking they were better than them.h
Frankly, if you want my opinion. Really can't say that much on Dedmon. He really joined the team to boost his stock in a good team, compete, get to the playoffs and then get paid. He did that. He had his disagreements with POP. Retweeted a report that said his stats were elite and should have been playing over Gasol very early in his lone season, and proceeded to get benched 3 or 4 games straight afterwards. It was rumored he told a reporter off the record that he was used to Orlando's nightlife and what not and found SA boring. I think he was grateful for the coaching and opportunity but he got paid and left. I don't know of any cliques per se.

To me Gasol has actually been the most obnoxious about himself starting or nit starting and his playing time. Complained to Jabari Young in a podcast that he should have been starting over Davis last year. Sure enough after a short experiment with Davsi starting Pop canned him back to the bench.

Simms was a very public issue bc obviously he impressed in the playoffs and I think most expect a he would retained. I kind if doubted it bc Simmons wanted to get paid an the Spurs git thrifty with him. You know the same season they gave 12:01 50 mills to Patty and gave a big deal to Gasol. There's lot of threads about this from that time and we could chat about this fir a while but how could he have been on a clique when he was in the Magic all last season. He made a tweets that said communication is key the night of the trade. You can interpret that however you want but obviously Derozan as the one who was complaining about Masai and the Raptors assuring him he wouldn't be traded an then turning around to trade him in an insulting fashion. So you can interpret that many ways. Some squizos in social media went off on J.Simms. accusing him of crazy made up shit.

gospursgojas
07-20-2018, 12:00 AM
Kawhi held us fan hostage for months. We can have a few days of fuck Kawhiness

R to the P McMurphy
07-20-2018, 12:13 AM
Kawhi held us fan hostage for months. We can have a few days of fuck Kawhiness

Oh for sure. I mean we've all prob in our homes cursed out loud at the TV about kiwis bitch ass the last few months...and will prob continue to do so for many years...I'm sure Ill always mumble "oh look at that little whiny ass bitch" every time he's on TV. I guess I should've reworded the title...we can move on from wondering WTF is going to happen with him. Now we can only hope he tears an ACL.

:bobo

07-20-2018, 02:05 AM
People only recently got over the Scola trade ffs

R to the P McMurphy
07-20-2018, 02:08 AM
Any of you get a spike of depression after you nut?

Usually I feel pretty tired and satisfied...but if the dark lord is controlling me, then of course...depression... obviously.

Stabula
07-20-2018, 02:13 AM
Usually I feel pretty tired and satisfied...but if the dark lord is controlling me, then of course...depression... obviously.

The Dark Lord is all about indulgence

azarel
07-20-2018, 02:22 AM
People only recently got over the Scola trade ffs

lol no way... the past 2 days scola trades were still brought up as another example of the FO's fuck ups.

R to the P McMurphy
07-20-2018, 02:24 AM
The Dark Lord is all about indulgence

Yea I guess...beelzebub should've indulged me when I hoped kiwis group would suddenly disappear. Where was the dark lord for that shit?

Pavlov
07-20-2018, 02:33 AM
Scola thread!

07-20-2018, 02:36 AM
Awh fawk...

BillMc
07-20-2018, 05:17 AM
Nothing says "moving on" more than making a thread about moving on.
:lol So true

Stabula
07-20-2018, 05:39 AM
Yea I guess...beelzebub should've indulged me when I hoped kiwis group would suddenly disappear. Where was the dark lord for that shit?

You never asked for him

Seventyniner
07-20-2018, 08:23 AM
Getting over it is easy now, there are no games on. Just wait until Kawhi starts stringing together MVP-worthy performances and it's all over ESPN. The butthurt here will be massive.

r0drig0lac
07-20-2018, 08:26 AM
Getting over it is easy now, there are no games on. Just wait until Kawhi starts stringing together MVP-worthy performances and it's all over ESPN. The butthurt here will be massive.

exact, if he returns healthy, raps is going to finals

SAGirl
07-20-2018, 10:29 PM
Yup. And should the Spurs underachieve for whatever reason, the trade will be criticized posthumously. Danny Greene's shot better have left him perpetually in 2015 bc should it come back and he get back to his 40% plus 3 of shooting of old in a different system Pop and his system will be under fire.

Keepin' it real
07-21-2018, 12:03 AM

B-b-but what happened to his tendinopathy? It's a very serious and mysterious injury. He may never be the same!

superbigtime
07-21-2018, 01:47 AM
I'm not going out on a limb when I say Spurs fans will never get over this. The hurt and devastation, K's deception, and the sense of getting fcked over are undeniable. Kawhi is clearly an exceptional player, and we had no inkling that things would turn out this way. His loss will be felt for years. Demar is ok, but not an elite special player like Kawhi. I hope Sean can make some sense out of this for us.

07-21-2018, 02:20 AM
This situation is pretty bleak. Spurs lost a homegrown talent who is already a 2x DPOY and playoff stud. Not to mention, he is easily next in line to win the MVP. Oh and he's only 27.

Him walking and only getting Derozan back is bad. Spurs have locked up salary for someone who's career high 3pt % is 33% and has consistently choked in the playoffs. Not to mention his defense has never been good. At least when KD left, the Thunder still had another MVP in Westbrook. The trade was bad and the Spurs can still compete in the playoffs but their future has gotten worse and their window shortened while the warriors remain as dominant as ever. Can't just wait for the warriors to get old anymore. And when Leonard joins the Lakers, it's another team to worry about for the next 5-6 years.

therealtruth
07-21-2018, 12:26 PM
I don't get why all the hate is on Kawhi. There's no hate on Pop for allowing it to get to this situation. There's two sides to every relationship. If his relationship with PATFO was good he would have been fine staying, simple as that. That's part of what caused PG to stay in OKC even though LA was his first preference. It wouldn't matter what his uncle or someone else is feeding him. It's about relationships at the end of the day and the Spurs took this one for granted. Maybe Pop's keeping him out of the WCF against the Warriors had something to do with it.