PDA

View Full Version : 21-61 is our record next season

Vito Corleone
07-21-2018, 10:15 AM
This team is going to suck next year. However we do have a few parts that will likely be traded away. DeRozen and LMA are not the future, they are trade bait I could see the Spurs moving them for young guys and draft picks. This team needs a little down time for them to put together another championship level squad.

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2018, 10:17 AM
Barring trade or injury this team as constituted today wins 48 to 50 games and makes the playoffs.

Blake
07-21-2018, 10:19 AM
Nobody wants Demar's contract.

This is anywhere from a 3-7 seed just like last year, not a lottery team.

Silly thread

cd98
07-21-2018, 10:21 AM
This team wins 50+ barring injury. DeRozan is not Leonard, but he’s a major upgrade to our roster last year. This team will be deep and good.

Dverde
07-21-2018, 10:21 AM
It’s also your average of being of correct

tonight...you
07-21-2018, 10:45 AM
It’s also your average of being of correct
Ha ha ha! True...

Russ
07-21-2018, 10:49 AM
Pop is pissed and motivated.

The Spurs always surprise when it's least expected. (Well, duh . . .)

A lot of motivated people will be pulling the rope in the same direction this season -- it's always fun when the media has to shake their head in amazement, "The Spurs have done it again . . ."

(Hopefully.)

Leetonidas
07-21-2018, 10:49 AM
Pops not rebuilding. Bad take :td

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2018, 10:53 AM

A lot of motivated people will be pulling the rope in the same direction this season -- it's always fun when the media has to shake their head in amazement, "The Spurs have done it again . . ."

(Hopefully.)

:tu Written off again, same story since 2007.

SAGirl
07-21-2018, 10:58 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if they underachieve at all. In fact, I kind of expect them to unless there are further trades in the horizon.

I think you are exaggerating the downfall perhaps to be more dramatic, but a paper tiger that gets scored on at will and has no legit defensive wings can easily underperform. Then PATFO has to reassess where they stand.

iGetbuckets
07-21-2018, 11:02 AM
:lmao Sounds like a realgm take

this team is at least a 50 win team

Rummpd
07-21-2018, 11:10 AM
47 wins as constructed. West a bear but will get 7th seed.

John B
07-21-2018, 11:11 AM
50+ and Pops get the COY and the media says “they’ve done it again.”

daslicer
07-21-2018, 11:14 AM
This team's potential is winning around 47-55 games next year. Depending on injuries and luck they will be on the low end or the high end of that range I just mentioned.

Play Boban
07-21-2018, 11:18 AM
OP lacks brain cells.

weebo
07-21-2018, 11:19 AM
Only chance the Spurs have now is IF Walker, White, Murray, DD, and Lamarsha turnout to be legit all star players--that or the future for the Spurs looks bleak.

mclinejr
07-21-2018, 11:27 AM
Nah. I think they’ll win around 50 games. I really think they’ll come out and play with a chip on their shoulder.

JH22
07-21-2018, 11:28 AM
This team is going to suck next year. However we do have a few parts that will likely be traded away. DeRozen and LMA are not the future, they are trade bait I could see the Spurs moving them for young guys and draft picks. This team needs a little down time for them to put together another championship level squad.

We won 47 games last year but we added DeMar DeRozan, Marco Belinelli, Jacob Poeltl, Lonnie Walker and Dante Cunningham and lost only Tony Parker, Kyle Anderson and Danny Green. I'm not even counting the quitter.

But yeah, 21 wins. Good God.

Ibleedslvrnblk
07-21-2018, 11:33 AM
So the worst team in the league! The suns went 21-61 and were awful and I think had five coaches all in one season. Did you make this thread just so someone would talk to you?

sasaint
07-21-2018, 12:02 PM
Nah. I think they’ll win around 50 games. I really think they’ll come out and play with a chip on their shoulder.

:tu And no distractions, either.

BackHome
07-21-2018, 12:05 PM
DAMN they be some bitter peeps up this Saturday......come on K-Y STILL CAN'T WIPE HIS ASS....... and ANDERSON STILL IS FAT HEAD WHO CAN'T SHOOT.........This team is easily 50+ wins and we are going to beat the FLAKERS if they even make the playoffs......

james evans
07-21-2018, 12:47 PM
3rd seed next year. We will have a better record than the lakers

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2018, 12:50 PM
48 to 50 wins and a 1st or 2nd round playoff exit. They outperform if DeRozan and Aldridge gel, Murray takes another step up offensively, Walker develops quickly, and they don't suffer too big of a defensive drop.

RGMCSE
07-21-2018, 01:15 PM

Im right there with you! blow this shit up and get all the assets you can.

Budkin
07-21-2018, 01:21 PM
-10/10

RD2191
07-21-2018, 01:28 PM

(Hopefully.)

:tu

tim_duncan_fan
07-21-2018, 03:07 PM
Lol we are better than last year and last year's group could have had 50. That includes losses to the Lakers, who can't beat us any more times than they did last year.

Vito Corleone
07-21-2018, 03:27 PM
Delusional fan base. Aldridge doesn't want to be here, he is going to demand a trade to a team with a shot at being more than first round fodder. Same with Demar, no one wants to be on this sinking ship.

callo1
07-21-2018, 03:32 PM
50 + wins, unless key injury to LA or DeMar

BackHome
07-21-2018, 03:49 PM
Delusional fan base. Aldridge doesn't want to be here, he is going to demand a trade to a team with a shot at being more than first round fodder. Same with Demar, no one wants to be on this sinking ship.

So just leave.....Bye Felicia.

TheCultOfPersonality
07-21-2018, 05:47 PM
This team will win 50 or more games and will be at least 1-2 in the Southwest division.

tonight...you
07-21-2018, 05:56 PM
Some little bitch wants some attention. How cute...

tonight...you
07-21-2018, 06:09 PM
Im right there with you! blow this shit up and get all the assets you can.
You want this team to stay in SA, you want them to get dat Playoff moneys as much as possible.
Otherwise I savvy what you're bringing.

acoelho1
07-21-2018, 06:28 PM
I think we’ll easily win 50 games and could get as high as the 2nd or 3rd seed. I don’t expect the rockets to be as good.

TheGreatSantini
07-21-2018, 07:17 PM
I think we’ll easily win 50 games and could get as high as the 2nd or 3rd seed. I don’t expect the rockets to be as good.

Can’t win 50 even WITH Kwitter helping but we win 50 without him?

RGMCSE
07-21-2018, 07:21 PM
You want this team to stay in SA, you want them to get dat Playoff moneys as much as possible.
Otherwise I savvy what you're bringing.

I admit it that is a big risk. That’s one of the reasons I have love / hate relationship with team sports. But the NBA seems more volatile. If San Antonio were to have 2-3 losing seasons in a row I could see the team relocating.

alpha_HaZE
07-21-2018, 07:30 PM
To those that are shitting on DDR, don't forget he played over 2700 minutes last season. James Harden for comparison played 2550, Kawhi's carrer most minutes played is 2450. It is fair to say that Pop will monitor DDR's minutes. I would be surprised if he plays over 2400, by the way. When you play Harden like minutes, you are Harden like defender. When DDR is locked in, just like Harden, he is above average defender, but when your coach play's you a ridiculous amount of minutes your defense will not be as good as it really is.

alpha_HaZE
07-21-2018, 07:33 PM

Second might be stretching it, but if healthy we have a good chance at the 3rd seat. The way I see it, we bring the team back from last year except for we replaced Tony with Derrick, Danny with Lonnie, and Kyle with DeMar.

SpurOutofTownFan
07-21-2018, 07:40 PM
fail thread - no one is moving DeRozan and LMA - the Spurs can win 50+ games and get into the playoffs. It's possible they can get to the semis.

Also nice to see the young players having room to develop now

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-21-2018, 10:37 PM
Only chance the Spurs have now is IF Walker, White, Murray, DD, and Lamarsha turnout to be legit all star players--that or the future for the Spurs looks bleak.

5 all stars? damn

Vito Corleone
07-22-2018, 05:06 AM
fail thread - no one is moving DeRozan and LMA - the Spurs can win 50+ games and get into the playoffs. It's possible they can get to the semis.

Also nice to see the young players having room to develop now

That would be the worst scenario possible. That is like the early to mid 80's when we were good enough to just be good enough no chance at something better. I'd rather rebuild for the future. Feels like the post Ice man pre Admiral days. I'd rather blow it up for a few years live off of a low rent product that sucks but with promising young guys and then build a solid core and pick up a nice vet to bring them all together.

SouthTexasRancher
07-22-2018, 05:30 AM
52-55 W's if no injuries and the team stays as it is on this date. They'll probably start off slow but, by the All Star break I can see them jelling and clicking and finishing 3rd or 4th.

SpurOutofTownFan
07-22-2018, 10:20 AM
That would be the worst scenario possible. That is like the early to mid 80's when we were good enough to just be good enough no chance at something better. I'd rather rebuild for the future. Feels like the post Ice man pre Admiral days. I'd rather blow it up for a few years live off of a low rent product that sucks but with promising young guys and then build a solid core and pick up a nice vet to bring them all together.

I don't disagree with this but I don't believe Spurs fans would buy into that. Too much winning in the last 20 years.

lmbebo
07-22-2018, 11:04 AM
I think we can be 50+ wins. Biggest question mark is defense and rebounding. We lost 3 positive defenders on the wing this off season.

rascal
07-22-2018, 03:00 PM
People are being too optimistic because of past spur teams successes .
Those winning attitude championship core teams are gone now.

There will be some injuries to key players that have to be figured in along with adjustment growth with young players and new players that the team will drop to 45 wins. Also the west has several teams improving this year.

ducks
07-22-2018, 05:17 PM
Spurs missed playoffs 5 times in 49 years
Why should spur fans feel they will miss playoffs

T Park
07-22-2018, 05:19 PM
55-58 wins. Murray takes a step. White is a good starting SG. DeMar plays out of his mind and channels David Lee and plays passable to decent defense.

Spurs lose in the WCF to GS.

cutewizard
07-23-2018, 05:42 AM
58 is possible

cutewizard
07-23-2018, 05:43 AM
We can win the NBA title........

NASpurs
11-30-2018, 10:45 PM
Not that far fetched :lol

r0drig0lac
11-30-2018, 11:08 PM

not bad

timtonymanu
11-30-2018, 11:10 PM
55-58 wins. Murray takes a step. White is a good starting SG. DeMar plays out of his mind and channels David Lee and plays passable to decent defense.

Spurs lose in the WCF to GS.

:lmao

RD2191
12-01-2018, 12:00 AM
This team's potential is winning around 47-55 games next year. Depending on injuries and luck they will be on the low end or the high end of that range I just mentioned.

Lol we are better than last year and last year's group could have had 50. That includes losses to the Lakers, who can't beat us any more times than they did last year.

50 + wins, unless key injury to LA or DeMar

Damn. :lol

RD2191
12-01-2018, 12:01 AM

So the worst team in the league! The suns went 21-61 and were awful and I think had five coaches all in one season. Did you make this thread just so someone would talk to you?

Bro...just retire from the game.

JakeCuenca
12-01-2018, 12:04 AM
:lmao

Holy shit T Park is still alive? I thought that fatass would have died of heart attack by now.

JakeCuenca
12-01-2018, 12:04 AM

Wow OP deserves credit. He called it.

gambit1990
12-01-2018, 12:07 AM
missed this thread, would never have agreed our record would be that bad (it won't) but i was on record as saying this team would go nowhere before the season started.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-01-2018, 12:10 AM
I expected the Spurs to battle for the 6-8 spot realistically. It could still happen but this group is looking bad right now. You only have about 6 guys that deserve to be on an NBA roster.

TDomination
12-01-2018, 12:30 AM
The murray injury changed pretty much everything. He was the one bright spot going into this season. And bam, gone. That was likely the nail into our season. We were done before we even started.

No shame. We had injuries in 1996. Robinson, Johnson, Elliott. Dominique Wilkins did his best to make us competitive lol but he will always be remembered as a guy who helped us get tim duncan.

baseline bum
12-01-2018, 12:40 AM
This probably could have been a forty five win team with Murray with this shit version of Aldridge. With LMA being so up and down this season though I'm beginning to think my 38W - 44L projection from preseason was a bit too rosy. Too bad they can't drop to 28 wins, that's a much better place to be in than 38 wins.

daslicer
12-01-2018, 12:42 AM
The murray injury changed pretty much everything. He was the one bright spot going into this season. And bam, gone. That was likely the nail into our season. We were done before we even started.

No shame. We had injuries in 1996. Robinson, Johnson, Elliott. Dominique Wilkins did his best to make us competitive lol but he will always be remembered as a guy who helped us get tim duncan.

Agreed I felt the pre-season destroyed the Spurs prospects for the regular season. Losing both Walker and Murry within 48 hours was devastating.

tim_duncan_fan
12-01-2018, 01:32 AM
Damn. :lol

Well shit.

james evans
12-01-2018, 02:27 AM
I fucked up in my prediction

SAGirl
12-01-2018, 02:52 AM
hah no one cited me. I had forgotten my projection, but I wasn't that excited about derozan and disliked the team letting their wings go... so here we are.

It wouldn't surprise me if they underachieve at all. In fact, I kind of expect them to unless there are further trades in the horizon.

I think you are exaggerating the downfall perhaps to be more dramatic, but a paper tiger that gets scored on at will and has no legit defensive wings can easily underperform. Then PATFO has to reassess where they stand.

dontouchmebwo
12-01-2018, 03:29 AM
Agreed I felt the pre-season destroyed the Spurs prospects for the regular season. Losing both Walker and Murry within 48 hours was devastating.

I don't think Murray would've been the difference between this being a playoff team and lotto, we don't even know if he'd have fit next to DD, still has yet to prove he can shoot from 3 and Forbes has been relatively productive himself. Walker wasn't getting any real playing time anyways, not for 2-3 more years.

BackHome
12-01-2018, 03:34 AM
What killed us was loosing Manu, Green, and Tony, and then loosing DJ and Walker.

NASpurs
12-01-2018, 03:45 AM
What killed us was loosing Manu, Green, and Tony, and then loosing DJ and Walker.

You win some and you lose some but your mom’s pussy is loose.

RC_Drunkford
12-01-2018, 06:38 AM
I don't think Murray would've been the difference between this being a playoff team and lotto, we don't even know if he'd have fit next to DD, still has yet to prove he can shoot from 3 and Forbes has been relatively productive himself. Walker wasn't getting any real playing time anyways, not for 2-3 more years.

Murray was the reason why the defense stayed elite even with Kawhi out all season

duncan2k5
12-01-2018, 10:45 AM
Murray was the reason why the defense stayed elite even with Kawhi out all season

crazy how people dont see that

JeffDuncan
12-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Whatever Murray's impact overall last season, it is important to have a good defender on the opponent's point guard. Normally, their point guard initiates their offense. Defending him inhibits their entire offense.