PDA

View Full Version : Is DeMar the rebound chick?

Immortal Spur
07-21-2018, 10:23 AM
I want to invest and commit to him as a fan... but I wonder is he a lifer or stopgap. We’ve gone from the greatest trio of all time to LMA and DeRozan. I think they are a great players but there is a divide. Like growing up with Tim, Tony, and Manu, it was like family. Watching them develop, watching them fail, watching them succeed but watching them stick together. They were a constant and a certain comfort came from the stability.

Now we have DeMar and I wonder what’s gonna come of it. Is he gonna commit? Will he develop into a serviceable defender and 3 pt shooter?

It kinda feels like we just came out of a bad relationship and him as well. I wonder about the baggage of a long term relationship. Will there be trust issues? How long will it take for him to buy in. It took LMA 3 years. Or will he be a cold hearted mercenary?

Should we get close or is this just the anger bang.

I’m optimistic cause Pop said they are anxious to get him in the program..., but this guy was sold on Toronto and believed they were the one. To coin a Cher song, “is there life after love.”

I’m not sure what to expect this year from him, whether it be half hearted play or the one that gets the short dress and heels on with something to prove.

They’ll be highlights and shots that will momentarily make us forget about Leonard, and we’ll follow Kawhi for various reasons either bitter or regretful of what could’ve been. But...

I want to believe in DeMar and invest just don’t know if his heart will be in it or if he’s just the rebound chick.

cd98
07-21-2018, 10:25 AM
I’m ok with two guys that made an all NBA team.

Keepin' it real
07-21-2018, 10:25 AM
He's the 4.1 rebounds per game chick.

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2018, 10:27 AM
They're professional players in a spectator sport league. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Emotionally invest yourself in your actual personal relationships.

r0drig0lac
07-21-2018, 10:32 AM

FkLA
Bro, the the longevity of the Big 3 era was the exception not the norm. Chances of us witnessing something like that again is very low.

How many other teams/rivals did we see crumble and the Big 3 Spurs were still there at the end of all of it? Shaq's Lakers, CWebb's Kings, Kidd's Nets, Larry Brown's Pistons, Nash's Suns, Pau's Lakers, Celtics Big 3, Dirk's Mavs, Heatles, OKC.

Immortal Spur
I guess I’m having a hard time processing the three amigos are all but gone. The instability is affecting my fandom. I’d consider myself a modern Spurfan so this is new to me. Started following literally the year Timmy was drafted.

Id liken it to when your sister brings in a new guy every so often and every time you connect and think you got a new brother and then you realize later on they are not in the picture anymore. After awhile you stop getting so personal with the new guy and just try to be cordial... where I’m at right now.

Immortal Spur
07-21-2018, 10:35 AM
They're professional players in a spectator sport league. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Emotionally invest yourself in your actual personal relationships.
Dam... we had something special with the big 3 didn’t we.........

cutewizard
07-21-2018, 07:24 PM
Manu, the Maestro, still here.....

Shall help usher the Next Gen.....White, Murray, Walker, Jacob....

weebo
07-21-2018, 07:56 PM
I guess I’m having a hard time processing the three amigos are all but gone. The instability is affecting my fandom. I’d consider myself a modern Spurfan so this is new to me. Started following literally the year Timmy was drafted.

Id liken it to when your sister brings in a new guy every so often and every time you connect and think you got a new brother and then you realize later on they are not in the picture anymore. After awhile you stop getting so personal with the new guy and just try to be cordial... where I’m at right now.

Damn your sis sounds like a big time slut. Where she at now?

SpursDynasty85
07-21-2018, 07:59 PM
Spurs chose the best possible guy for us. We have him for 2 years most likely 3 but he has to play well because he is up for one more big contract before his career is over. He is the most dedicated, loyal, community supporter historically. Checks all the boxes for Spurs and Pop. They will be great even if it will be for 2 years.

Immortal Spur
07-21-2018, 08:00 PM
Damn your sis sounds like a big time slut. Where she at now?
Take it easy *nacho libre voice LOL

Spurtacular
07-21-2018, 08:27 PM