PDA

View Full Version : Message to Derozan...

RGMCSE
07-21-2018, 12:53 PM
Stop being a soft ass bitch and get your ass to San Antonio.

iGetbuckets
07-21-2018, 12:56 PM
Judging by his latest Instagram post i think he’s finally come to terms with him being traded

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2018, 12:59 PM
It would be nice to have a star player who didn't want to leave, for a change.

DJR210
07-21-2018, 01:01 PM
Man this fool better not come over and be crying during games and shit.. having to get subbed out because he's crying uncontrollably during crunch time

RGMCSE
07-21-2018, 01:04 PM
Man this fool better not come over and be crying during games and shit.. having to get subbed out because he's crying uncontrollably during crunch time

I wouldn't be surprised if hes in a dark room listening to culture club right now.

timvp
07-21-2018, 01:07 PM

:tu

If Nephew cared 1/100th as much about the Spurs and San Antonio that DeRozan cared about the Raptors and Toronto, this trade would have never been necessary.

Crazymaddopeyo
07-21-2018, 01:07 PM
The worst people post on this forum.

sasaint
07-21-2018, 01:08 PM

What do you mean by "for a change"? All of our stars wanted to spend their careers here until Kawhi came along.

r0drig0lac
07-21-2018, 01:09 PM

If Nephew cared 1/100th as much about the Spurs and San Antonio that DeRozan cared about the Raptors and Toronto, this trade would have never been necessary.

true

DJR210
07-21-2018, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if hes in a dark room listening to culture club right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's swinging from a support beam rn tbh

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2018, 01:10 PM
What do you mean by "for a change"? All of our stars wanted to spend their careers here until Kawhi came along.

Aldridge also wanted out last year.

RGMCSE
07-21-2018, 01:12 PM

Its time to rebuild this bitch with home grown talent. Its the only way for San Antonio to succeed. The more it settles in the more I wish patfo would've traded the tard for a pick heavy option.

DJR210
07-21-2018, 01:13 PM

Tim still entertained Orlando though.. maybe he wanted to see Disney on the house, but he still entertained them.. Props to TP and Manu for never making us sweat

sasaint
07-21-2018, 01:14 PM

True. I still don't think of him as one of "Our Stars" - just a Blazer transplant.

sasaint
07-21-2018, 01:18 PM
Tim still entertained Orlando though.. maybe he wanted to see Disney on the house, but he still entertained them.. Props to TP and Manu for never making us sweat

That's true. But "entertaining" is still a far cry from "wanting to leave."

sasaint
07-21-2018, 01:24 PM
Its time to rebuild this bitch with home grown talent. Its the only way for San Antonio to succeed. The more it settles in the more I wish patfo would've traded the tard for a pick heavy option.

Yes. And yes. Frankly, it would have been a good time for the franchise to move on from Pop and let a new regime decide whether to reset or rebuild and take charge of the process. Instead we will experience these rocky two or three seasons and then more uncertainty/change in a couple of years when Pop hangs 'em up.

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2018, 01:26 PM
Reading this forum, nobody is ready for a rebuild. Neither is Pop. Spurs fans may claim they want one, but as much bitching as there is in here regarding playoff teams...

sasaint
07-21-2018, 01:29 PM
Reading this forum, nobody is ready for a rebuild. Neither is Pop. Spurs fans may claim they want one, but as much bitching as there is in here regarding playoff teams...

Nobody ever WANTS to rebuild. Circumstances should be the primary determinant - not whether a coach in the twilight of his career wants to assemble a "competitive" team for playoff fodder.

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2018, 01:46 PM
Better to be competitive than not. Even if you get a couple high lottery picks all it takes is one bad miss and you're set back even further.

Yes, I want the Spurs' hall of fame coach who has led teams to win 5 championships across three decades to have a competitive team, as opposed to providing jack off material for virtual GMs.

RGMCSE
07-21-2018, 01:50 PM

You would be wrong in my opinion. This franchise is headed nowhere at the moment. Smell the roses.

RGMCSE
07-21-2018, 01:53 PM
Better to be competitive than not. Even if you get a couple high lottery picks all it takes is one bad miss and you're set back even further.

Yes, I want the Spurs' hall of fame coach who has led teams to win 5 championships across three decades to have a competitive team, as opposed to providing jack off material for virtual GMs.

I rather be a fan of a team that is building towards something with potential to be great again with new young talent. I think spurs fans like your self are spoiled because this franchise has never ever had to be rebuilt.

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2018, 01:55 PM
Ha. You would be whining the entire time. Unless you were a fan before DRob, probably best to sit down tbh.

weebo
07-21-2018, 01:56 PM

Competitive, yes. Contender, no. Personally, I much rather PATFO hit the reset button and burn a year or two on a rebuild than to watch this team for the next 2-3 years become the Portland Trailblazers.

RGMCSE
07-21-2018, 01:57 PM
Ha. You would be whining the entire time. Unless you were a fan before DRob, probably best to sit down tbh.

I actually was a fan before DRob and went to many games as a kid at the hemisphere so you don't know shit. I'm telling you straight up this team needs to be washed.

RGMCSE
07-21-2018, 01:58 PM
Competitive, yes. Contender, no. Personally, I much rather PATFO hit the reset button and burn a year or two on a rebuild than to watch this team for the next 2-3 years become the Portland Trailblazers.

Bingo.

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2018, 02:00 PM
I actually was a fan before DRob and went to many games as a kid at the hemisphere so you don't know shit. I'm telling you straight up this team needs to be washed.

Know more than you, that's apparent. Who didn't go to Hemisfair as a kid?

callo1
07-21-2018, 02:05 PM
I don't blame him for being bitter. You have to understand that these players have families and friends. Being uprooted without any prior notice is lame.

He will be fine once training camp starts.

r0drig0lac
07-21-2018, 02:06 PM

sean marks has shown how you can rebuild without tank aggressive and even more serious: with virtually no recourse

RGMCSE
07-21-2018, 02:08 PM
Know more than you, that's apparent. Who didn't go to Hemisfair as a kid?

Ah your just mad because you thought you were speaking to a new age fan. You assumed wrong so just keep moving.

JPB
07-21-2018, 02:12 PM
The worst people post on this forum.

Don't deprecate yourself like that, son. You'll get it one day.

John B
07-21-2018, 02:13 PM

People should start sinking in their minds that these are people’s careers. If you don’t like your workplace, you’ll go somewhere else. The owners should realize this and start loosening the purse and be competitive salary wise. Forget Kawhi he’s a nutcase. But Kyle, Simmons are serviceable that Spurs could afford, albeit a little stiff, but for the sake of continuity, corporate knowledge, growth, chemistry etc. Heck we just let our future HOF walked.

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2018, 02:15 PM
Ah your just mad because you thought you were speaking to a new age fan. You assumed wrong so just keep moving.

True, instead you're just a dumbass.

Crazymaddopeyo
07-21-2018, 02:43 PM
Don't deprecate yourself like that, son. You'll get it one day.

Damn. You're funny.

RGMCSE
07-21-2018, 03:39 PM
True, instead you're just a dumbass.

Shut the fuck up you donkey mother fucker. Lol triggered because I don’t agree with your stupid ass idea of staying mediocre for years to come.

spurschamps99030507
07-21-2018, 03:48 PM

:bobo

MannyIsGod
07-21-2018, 03:48 PM

x 10849284018948348081840810820842084028428498759382 5798246593740164641036492376592806

Arcadian
07-21-2018, 03:49 PM
"Sup dude. Have a good day, man."

MannyIsGod
07-21-2018, 03:50 PM

"a year or two"

lol

therealtruth
07-21-2018, 03:57 PM
The Spurs tanked before and got TD so tanking isn't all that bad. That was a quick one year rebuild but it worked.

marinoman
07-21-2018, 04:03 PM
I don’t wanna rebuild and think we have enough talent to be a top 6 team, but the roster construction bothers me. So many guards, too many gary neals, im concerned

weebo
07-21-2018, 04:19 PM
"a year or two"

lol

In that case, enjoy mediocrity.

Keepin' it real
07-21-2018, 04:25 PM
Message to Derozan

:idiot

Derozan ain't reading your shitty internet post.

:lmao

Roscoe P. Coltrane
07-21-2018, 05:05 PM
Competitive, yes. Contender, no. Personally, I much rather PATFO hit the reset button and burn a year or two on a rebuild than to watch this team for the next 2-3 years become the Portland Trailblazers.Have you ever seen a team rebuild in a year or two. It takes most teams 15+ years to rebuild.

gameFACE
07-21-2018, 05:09 PM
You would be wrong in my opinion. This franchise is headed nowhere at the moment. Smell the roses.

Been hearing that for almost two decades. Even in championship years.

weebo
07-21-2018, 05:09 PM
Have you ever seen a team rebuild in a year or two. It takes most teams 15+ years to rebuild.

Has any team rebuilding ever have a guy like Pop at the helm? And its not like the Spurs would just throw a bunch of rookies together and have them just play--they have some young guys on the roster as is constructed.

Mr. Body
07-21-2018, 05:14 PM

Rebuilding rarely works. Look at Utah - it took years to finally get back into the playoffs. Look at Orlando - they've sucked and sucked and sucked.

Fact is, with the way the draft is nowadays, teams drafting projects, no one actually knowing who will pan out, the actual stars are getting pushed down the board. You just have to find them. The top three picks are just as likely to be crap as pick 10 or 11. Rebuilding entails nailing your draft picks, so why not just pick better while you're still competing?

weebo
07-21-2018, 05:34 PM
Rebuilding rarely works. Look at Utah - it took years to finally get back into the playoffs. Look at Orlando - they've sucked and sucked and sucked.

Fact is, with the way the draft is nowadays, teams drafting projects, no one actually knowing who will pan out, the actual stars are getting pushed down the board. You just have to find them. The top three picks are just as likely to be crap as pick 10 or 11. Rebuilding entails nailing your draft picks, so why not just pick better while you're still competing?

Oh I don't know maybe because picking 1-10 is better than picking at 20-30. Just look at how excited everyone was we got 18th this year.

As I previously stated, the Spurs as constructed now have a very remote chance of winning anything of significance.

And lets not compare franchises here--this is the Spurs. They have a pretty track record drafting well.

Joseph Kony
07-21-2018, 05:44 PM
at least Poeltl got showed his desire to play here right away

HarlemHeat37
07-21-2018, 05:49 PM
Are the Spurs going to install a tampon dispenser in the locker room? Aldridge and DeRozan in the same locker room, not to mention Pau is still around:lol

BatManu20
07-21-2018, 05:53 PM

Still possible to flip DeRozan and Aldridge next Summer for picks if this thing doesn't work out, tbh.

Mr. Body
Oh I don't know maybe because picking 1-10 is better than picking at 20-30. Just look at how excited everyone was we got 18th this year.

As I previously stated, the Spurs as constructed now have a very remote chance of winning anything of significance.

And lets not compare franchises here--this is the Spurs. They have a pretty track record drafting well.

Teams like the Bucks, Jazz, Magic, Kings, etc. etc. pick 1-10 year after year after year. It's an awful treadmill to be on and only a ton of good luck and a lot of hard work can get you back.

Spurs have some guards that may pan out while they try to rebuild as they're still built to strike past the first round in the playoffs. That's what is assured. Let's stick with that for at least a couple of years.

BatManu20
Are the Spurs going to install a tampon dispenser in the locker room? Aldridge and DeRozan in the same locker room, not to mention Pau is still around:lol

:lol

pgardn
07-21-2018, 05:57 PM
The Spurs tanked before and got TD so tanking isn't all that bad. That was a quick one year rebuild but it worked.

Rebuild?
Thats called luck.

r0drig0lac
07-21-2018, 06:03 PM
Rebuild?
Thats called luck.

x2

K...
07-21-2018, 06:05 PM
Spurs have some guards that may pan out while they try to rebuild as they're still built to strike past the first round in the playoffs. That's what is assured. Let's stick with that for at least a couple of years.

And a top 15 big man prospect too....what else do that people want?????

BatManu20
07-21-2018, 06:05 PM
I understand DeRozan being upset tbh. He's been the face of that franchise for almost a decade, didn't even take another meeting during Free Agency two summers ago before re-signing with Toronto, and loved the franchise, the city, and all his teammates. Kyle Lowry's also his best friend. He legitimately wanted to spend his entire career there and he was blindsided by this trade after being told he wouldn't be dealt. So I get it.

With that said, take the week to grieve and reflect, and then get your ass to SA so you can get to work. You're still getting paid $27M per to play ball. And you get to play with arguably the GOAT coach. Let's get it my G.

apalisoc_9
07-21-2018, 06:09 PM
Derozan was throwing a tantrum last playoffs because casey and nurse benched him for being an awful defender.

He's essentially the 30th best player in the nba and the spurs think they won the trade?

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/sabu.png

apalisoc_9
07-21-2018, 06:11 PM
Spursfans went from Tim Duncan Avis to Leonard to

Derozan

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/mjlol.png

tonight...you
07-21-2018, 06:14 PM

Derozan

I'm happy this is fun for you. This is how you get pleasure... Nice.

BatManu20
07-21-2018, 06:15 PM
Spursfans went from Tim Duncan Avis to Leonard to Leonard to

Derozan

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3o6Ztd8Lf7paBjcjv2/giphy.gif

BatManu20
07-21-2018, 06:16 PM
Teams like the Bucks, Jazz, Magic, Kings, etc. etc. pick 1-10 year after year after year. It's an awful treadmill to be on and only a ton of good luck and a lot of hard work can get you back.

This.

As much confidence as I have in PATFO's ability to draft, tanking seldom works out for organizations. Teams like Philly are the exception, not the norm. It usually takes a perfect storm to get a franchise-changing player with the top pick, ala us and Timmy. The teams you see tanking seem to be the same ones doing it year in and year out. Their fan bases are miserable. If you have a chance to compete right now, you stay with it. Guys like DJ and Lonnie are good building blocks for the future too. Worst case scenario, we can trade DeMar and LaMarcus in a year or two for picks if it's clearly not working out. But just straight up tanking, unless your star player(s) are out for the season, isn't smart, and the rebuilding process is usually a long, cold, and often unfruitful expedition.

RGMCSE
07-21-2018, 06:24 PM
Still possible to flip DeRozan and Aldridge next Summer for picks if this thing doesn't work out, tbh.

That would be a smart move and I hope pop and RC read the tea leaves and just start the rebuild sooner than later. Pop wants to leave the franchise in good standing. Leaving them as the Memphis grizzlies is not what I would want.

tonight...you
07-21-2018, 06:30 PM
That would be a smart move and I hope pop and RC read the tea leaves and just start the rebuild sooner than later. Pop wants to leave the franchise in good standing. Leaving them as the Memphis grizzlies is not what I would want.
I have an inkling (just a personal feeling) that the death of his wife (R.I.P.) and this recent upheaval, along with some promising young players on the team, might give him cause and want to stick around awhile longer, health willing.

cutewizard
07-21-2018, 06:44 PM
Play 82 games fir us.....

Maddog
07-21-2018, 06:58 PM
This.

As much confidence as I have in PATFO's ability to draft, tanking seldom works out for organizations. Teams like Philly are the exception, not the norm. It usually takes a perfect storm to get a franchise-changing player with the top pick, ala us and Timmy. The teams you see tanking seem to be the same ones doing it year in and year out. Their fan bases are miserable. If you have a chance to compete right now, you stay with it. Guys like DJ and Lonnie are good building blocks for the future too. Worst case scenario, we can trade DeMar and LaMarcus in a year or two for picks if it's clearly not working out. But just straight up tanking, unless your star player(s) are out for the season, isn't smart, and the rebuilding process is usually a long, cold, and often unfruitful expedition.

Take a look at GSW.
The current top dog. Look at how many lottery picks they whiffed at before Curry. Even whiffed the year after with a #6 pick.

RGMCSE
07-21-2018, 07:11 PM
I have an inkling (just a personal feeling) that the death of his wife (R.I.P.) and this recent upheaval, along with some promising young players on the team, might give him cause and want to stick around awhile longer, health willing.

I get the feeling that players like to praise pop from afar. But don’t necessarily want to play for him. Pop is tough and makes you follow through on his system or else. The players today want to play with their friends and not be coached hard. I love pop for everything he’s done but getting free agents has not been very successful. That’s why I feel drafting players they want to build a team with is the way to go.

Barfunk
07-21-2018, 07:15 PM
We're gonna/going to win a championship with DeRozan.

TD 21
07-21-2018, 07:21 PM
I'd have been a proponent of re-building had they been able to get an actual perceived high end young player/prospect as the centerpiece of a package.

Either way, history shows us that picking high repeatedly isn't the way to contention though. Outside of the Thunder, I can't thinking of a recent example of a team nailing a string of high picks and becoming a contender. Most teams did it by finding core players all over the draft.

Even a successful re-build is likely to yield something like what this team is. If they had prospect versions of Aldridge and DeRozan, most people would probably be happy.

Racspur1
07-21-2018, 08:54 PM
at least Poeltl got showed his desire to play here right away

I don't post here much but FWIW .... Something about this guys game I really looking forward to watching the Spurs develop !!! He has hops and some speed which is something for a 7 footer !!! :hat:flag:

Ice009
07-21-2018, 09:03 PM

Hi Timvp, Now that the trade is completed, have you heard anything more about what went on behind closed doors that hasn't been reported/let out into the media? You don't have to tell us if you're not allowed to, but just curious if you've heard more than has been released to the press?

Was it pretty much all Kawhi and his people or did the Spurs play a part in him wanting to leave?

By the way, all those people talking about rebuilds, not sure if you guys were around in the D-Rob era, but I got on about halfway through his prime and the last thing I want is a rebuild. Even if you were to get great young talent in the draft, with social media and all that these days, what makes you think those players will stick around with San Antonio for the long haul? If the Spurs can bring star players here, if they can find good/great players that want to sign here, then I would do that all day as opposed to rebuilding from scratch. You never know how long it will take through the draft to even get to where the Spurs are now. D-Rob had such a tough time trying to win in the playoffs with the mediocre players he had around him. If only they could have gotten one other star level player to join him, things may have ended up very differently and he may have been able to win a ring or two in his prime.

BackHome
07-22-2018, 10:40 AM

Home grown talent? - What you want to bunch of short Mexicans to start getting contracts from the Spurs?

ECOV
07-22-2018, 10:45 AM

Derozan

Just stop :lol

DeadlyDynasty
07-22-2018, 10:52 AM

Derozan

:lol

Stabula
07-22-2018, 05:02 PM
"Sup dude. Have a good day, man."

I hope you get cock rot you fucking piece of shit

RGMCSE
07-22-2018, 05:04 PM
Home grown talent? - What you want to bunch of short Mexicans to start getting contracts from the Spurs?

Small balls where its at right? :lol