PDA

View Full Version : This gonna be LMA's team or Derozan's team?

Spurtacular
07-21-2018, 10:46 PM
Demar gonna feed the ball to Muh Touches?

SpursDynasty85
07-21-2018, 10:49 PM
Gotta say LMA is now but DeRozan is our future... until Murray or Walker can be an all star!

playblair
07-21-2018, 11:38 PM
derozan..........cant suffer another boring year with lma being the leader.............

BatManu20
07-21-2018, 11:42 PM
LMAlpha's. DeMar is a #2, not a #1. Not an alpha personality either, so no problem there.

playblair
07-21-2018, 11:45 PM
\Not an alpha personality either, so no problem there.

derozan is a crip he & zach randolph r the most alpha players in the nba lma will defer to deebo

4lifecowboy
07-21-2018, 11:46 PM
Murray will be taking more of a leadership role this year. He showed signs during the year last year, like shooing Pop away and keeping LMA focused on the court.

HarlemHeat37
07-22-2018, 12:17 AM
Murray will be taking more of a leadership role this year. He showed signs during the year last year, like shooing Pop away and keeping LMA focused on the court.

That's nice that he's going to become more of a leader, but I'd rather he learn how to shoot and pass:lol

JPB
07-22-2018, 04:35 AM
It's gonna be Demarcus Aldrige's team.

Arcadian
07-22-2018, 04:39 AM
Both.

SouthTexasRancher
07-22-2018, 05:34 AM
Dejounte will take over as the leader. I'm looking for a breakout year from him. :bobo

4lifecowboy
07-22-2018, 05:36 AM
That's nice that he's going to become more of a leader, but I'd rather he learn how to shoot and pass:lol

Leadership got Avery Johnson's jersey hung in the rafter, sure wasn't his passing or shooting abilities I'm sure.

Gordonicci
07-22-2018, 06:05 PM
Leadership got Avery Johnson's jersey hung in the rafter, sure wasn't his passing or shooting abilities I'm sure.
True but that was a different era, a different game. Modern PGs have to be able to punish defenses for sagging off or going under screens.

Robz4000
07-22-2018, 06:15 PM
Pop's.

SAGirl
07-22-2018, 06:25 PM
It will be interesting to see how they play. I don’t think LMA is going to lose a ton of touches. Pop said they were going to do it again but with more talent. I don’t expect them to change the system all that much, but DeRozan having the ball in a 2 man game with Aldridge is going to look better and have better results for the team.

rascal
07-22-2018, 07:01 PM
Neither
They are players on the team.

Play Boban
07-22-2018, 07:32 PM

SpursforSix
07-22-2018, 07:34 PM

Yeah...between him and Mills, the two team leaders with lacking fundamentals.

Immortal Spur
07-22-2018, 07:44 PM
I take this as you mean who’s gonna be first option, so in the traditional sense I feel LMA with seniority will get his number called more at first. But the simple solution is to put them in the pick and roll together and build a primary offense around that. Probably the only area where DeMar is better than Kawhi is his passing. He really grew in that area last year averaging 5+ assists a game, so hopefully we continue to expand his game around that.

I also think with his history in the playoffs being a second option would suit him best as he would have less pressure and can attack more comfortably. In Toronto the dude was on an island. Lowry choked harder imo and me being in a similar position competitively speaking, I can attest that when your counterpart is noticeably a sinking ship the pressure can feel insurmountable and completely overwhelming. It’s like a state of paralysis. Like plant that’s pumping all the resources into a dead limb causing the entire plant to suffer. With that being said, Manu even at 51 on this team is vital. His competitive spirit and overall clutch play could be the difference this year. Maybe not championship level but DeMar getting over his yips and helping him to believe. Season DeRozan in playoffs would make us really good.

Namundy
07-22-2018, 07:48 PM
There's going to be some really rough growing pains. They operate in the same areas but if DeMar can stay active without the ball in his hands it can be a deadly combination.

SpursDynasty85
07-22-2018, 07:50 PM
There's going to be some really rough growing pains. They operate in the same areas but if DeMar can stay active without the ball in his hands it can be a deadly combination.

DeRozan runs the pick n roll very well. Not the best fit but a pretty good one. The bad fit is Dejounte but if he can hit that corner 3, things will be just fine.

DJR210
07-22-2018, 07:52 PM
but DeRozan is our future...

Damn, that's a bleak future :lol

SpursDynasty85
07-22-2018, 08:02 PM
Damn, that's a bleak future :lol

Lol. Only if we need hero ball from him but the pick n roll game with LMA will be legit until White, Murray, and Walker can progress.

DJR210
07-22-2018, 08:04 PM
Lol. Only if we need hero ball from him but the pick n roll game with LMA will be legit until White, Murray, and Walker can progress.

Bro he's 28. He should not be in the same sentence as future.

Stabula
07-22-2018, 08:19 PM
Pop's, just like it has always been.

kobyz
08-09-2018, 09:26 AM
Is LMA or DeRozan consider a top 20 player?

MaNu4Tres
08-09-2018, 09:46 AM
Such a dumbass thread and question.

sasaint
08-09-2018, 09:47 AM

Pop is enamored with Dijon because he talks the talk. But I wish he would give White a legit shot at PG; he might be more capable of walking the walk. Unfortunately, not gonna happen.

SpursDynasty85
08-09-2018, 09:51 AM

LMA for sure was last year. Arguably top 10. DeRozan is more arguable but last 2 seasons he makes a good case.

daslicer
08-09-2018, 10:01 AM
If they can both be 20 point scorers and co-exist that would be great. It's what I'm hoping for.

kaji157
08-09-2018, 12:03 PM
If they can both be 20 point scorers and co-exist that would be great. It's what I'm hoping for.

And if Gay can get his 15 consistently we are off a good start.

SpursDynasty85
08-09-2018, 12:33 PM
And if Gay can get his 15 consistently we are off a good start.

How many pts will Dejounte average?

kaji157
08-09-2018, 01:57 PM
How many pts will Dejounte average?

10-12 would be great

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-09-2018, 01:58 PM

Top 10 tbh

Year-by-year list of All-NBA Teams:
2017-18

FIRST TEAM

F: LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
F: Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors
C: Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
G: James Harden, Houston Rockets
G: Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers

SECOND TEAM

F: LaMarcus Aldridge, San Antonio Spurs
F: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
C: Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
G: DeMar DeRozan, Toronto Raptors
G: Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder

kaji157
08-09-2018, 02:01 PM
Top 10 tbh

2017-18

FIRST TEAM

SECOND TEAM

At the very least i have to say that i consider Curry and Irving Top 10.

SpursDynasty85
08-09-2018, 02:48 PM
Good chance it can be both their teams this year. DeRozan is a great player and can be a solid 1b to LMA's 1A.

tonight...you
08-09-2018, 05:28 PM
This will be Pop's Team.
No question.

I can see him sticking around for 2-3 more years too.

kobyz
08-09-2018, 07:28 PM
Top 10 tbh

2017-18

FIRST TEAM

SECOND TEAM

what about Kyrie Irving, Gordon Hayward, Blake Griffin, Victor Oladipo, Kristaps Porzingis, Ben Simmons, Kyle Lowry, Kawhi Leonard, John Wall, Bradley Beal, Nikola Jokic, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, DeMarcus Cousins, Chris Paul, Mike Conley, Jimmy Butler, Karl-Anthony Towns, Jrue Holiday, Paul George, CJ McCollum, Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert???
at least helf of them i'm ranking over LMA and DDR consider their mentality and fragile playoff abilit, both for sure not top 20 nba players!!! aybe #19 an #20 at best!

SpursDynasty85
08-09-2018, 09:29 PM
what about Kyrie Irving, Gordon Hayward, Blake Griffin, Victor Oladipo, Kristaps Porzingis, Ben Simmons, Kyle Lowry, Kawhi Leonard, John Wall, Bradley Beal, Nikola Jokic, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, DeMarcus Cousins, Chris Paul, Mike Conley, Jimmy Butler, Karl-Anthony Towns, Jrue Holiday, Paul George, CJ McCollum, Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert???
at least helf of them i'm ranking over LMA and DDR consider their mentality and fragile playoff abilit, both for sure not top 20 nba players!!! aybe #19 an #20 at best!

Because the other guys are mentally tough and are proven playoff winners? Lol you are seeing things in a bubble and just hating. DeRozan and Aldridge have been all NBA and are always in the playoffs for a reason. They have special abilities that you decide to flare over because they don't fit the mold you see a super star in. Special look y Aldridge. For a 6' 11" and his playoff performances and skills you should not put him below 15 in any ranking this year.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-09-2018, 10:32 PM

;tldr

you axed if either was considered a top 20 player and the answer according to one official metric, last year’s all-nba team, is yes

james evans
08-10-2018, 06:23 AM
By all star break Aldridge will be unhappy.

kobyz
08-10-2018, 07:22 AM
;tldr

you axed if either was considered a top 20 player and the answer according to one official metric, last year’s all-nba team, is yes

I meant should they be consider, and by all things count...

kobyz
08-10-2018, 07:27 AM
Because the other guys are mentally tough and are proven playoff winners? Lol you are seeing things in a bubble and just hating. DeRozan and Aldridge have been all NBA and are always in the playoffs for a reason. They have special abilities that you decide to flare over because they don't fit the mold you see a super star in. Special look y Aldridge. For a 6' 11" and his playoff performances and skills you should not put him below 15 in any ranking this year.

But knowing what I know about LMA as competitor and even if he had one great regular season I prefer to put my money on some other guys if I can.

YGWHI
08-10-2018, 08:57 AM
By all star break Aldridge will be unhappy.

We all know that.

But if LMA's unhappy that means that DeMar is playing the best basketball of his career and feeling comfortable in SA.

Last time that LMA was so unhappy, the Spurs made WCF.

unhappy LMA=Spurs' success

NameLess Scrub
08-10-2018, 11:43 AM
Top 10 tbh

2017-18

FIRST TEAM

SECOND TEAM

Top 10 at their respective positions.

NameLess Scrub
08-10-2018, 11:46 AM
They'll have a contest in which the one who chucks more mid range fadeaways per minute wins.

TimmyBuckets
08-10-2018, 01:10 PM
imho LMA was the best big man in the league last year. He had no stars, dragged his team to the playoffs, and outperformed many of the top bigs, including Gobert and Davis. LMA performed like a superstar last year. DDR is a top 15/20 player, which is still very good, especially with the right coach and system.

SpursDynasty85
08-10-2018, 01:14 PM
We all know that.

But if LMA's unhappy that means that DeMar is playing the best basketball of his career and feeling comfortable in SA.

Last time that LMA was so unhappy, the Spurs made WCF.

unhappy LMA=Spurs' success

I think LMA was unhappy because he was needing at least one more extension or contract. He got it and ended up having one of his best years not because of stats but because he hustled, played D, and winning seemed to be the most important thing. I fully expect Pop incorporate both well in a fast pick and roll game with lots of movement. Both will be happy as long as we are solidly in the playoff standings I think.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-10-2018, 01:32 PM
Top 10 at their respective positions.

Top 4 at their respective positions tbh

r0drig0lac
08-10-2018, 02:06 PM
Top 3 at their respective positions.

DMC
08-12-2018, 12:00 AM
It's always been Pop's team. Who else could sit Tim Duncan in the final minutes of a Finals closeout game on the road?

Spurtacular
08-12-2018, 12:30 AM
It's always been Pop's team. Who else could sit Tim Duncan in the final minutes of a Finals closeout game on the road?

Sat him twice, too.

JakeCuenca
08-12-2018, 12:33 AM
Does it matter?

Both are legit Superstars.

These guys are proven playoff winners. Based on their personality, I'm confident they don't care. They gonna play to win.

LongtimeSpursFan
08-12-2018, 01:28 AM
DeChozan One. Best scorer we’ve had since this decade.

NameLess Scrub
08-12-2018, 09:37 AM
Does it matter?

Both are legit Superstars.

These guys are proven playoff winners. Based on their personality, I'm confident they don't care. They gonna play to win.

:lol :lol

NameLess Scrub
08-12-2018, 09:40 AM
Top 4 at their respective positions tbh

I was being conservative, but yeah. I mean, if they're 2nd team all NBA, they could be considered top 2 for last season.

kobyz
09-12-2018, 01:11 PM

I guess i was right and we don't have a top 20 player, two legitimate ranking:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1746725
https://www.si.com/nba/2018/09/10/top-100-nba-players-2019-lebron-james-stephen-curry-dirk-nowitzki