PDA

View Full Version : Let's get something straight

TD 21
07-24-2018, 06:10 PM
I realize Green is just defending that scumbag because he's stuck with him for at least another season, but I've heard many times over the past 4 years something to the effect or along the lines of, Leonard brought, won, led, etc. the Spurs to a championship.

Obviously they wouldn't have won in '14 without him . . . but the same can be said for 7-8 others on that team. Their unconventionality is what made them particularly special.

He wasn't even the best player on it. His winning Finals MVP was essentially a nod to James (as was Iguodala's winning it in '15). He was a role player, who benefitted from others creating shots for him. Not a damn thing wrong with that, but let's not conflate it with his pulling an '03 Duncan, when he didn't even pull the typical load of one who had that honor bestowed upon him.

Immortal Spur
07-24-2018, 06:19 PM
My turn, let’s get something straight! Everyone says you need a top 5 player to win yet 2014 proves that wrong. Look I get it Superstars win it nearly all the time but just saying... best team wins.

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 06:23 PM
I doubt that "7-8" others on that team played in the way that Kawhi played those last 3 games.

I wouldn't say he led them becaue it wasn't true but he was the best/most dominant Spurs' player.

I guess it wasn't only his defense on LBJ...
https://i.imgur.com/mST6oEv.jpg

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 06:25 PM
My turn, let’s get something straight! Everyone says you need a top 5 player to win yet 2014 proves that wrong. Look I get it Superstars win it nearly all the time but just saying... best team wins.

The league changed a lot since 2014, there is a team that is the best team but also has two MVP's/top players...

K...
07-24-2018, 06:28 PM
You need a top 5 talent and or several former HOF all stars. I'd say 2014 is closer to a Boston championship (kathi is rondo) than a 2004 Pistons.

But kawhi was the best player on that team by only much that year. Truthfully he was more replaceable than Duncan or DIAW, but less than Parker and Gino. Splitter and Green. Just amazing a player who lived through that would turn to cancer.

kobyz
07-24-2018, 06:29 PM
I realize Green is just defending that scumbag because he's stuck with him for at least another season, but I've heard many times over the past 4 years something to the effect or along the lines of, Leonard brought, won, led, etc. the Spurs to a championship.

Obviously they wouldn't have won in '14 without him . . . but the same can be said for 7-8 others on that team. Their unconventionality is what made them particularly special.

He wasn't even the best player on it. His winning Finals MVP was essentially a nod to James (as was Iguodala's winning it in '15). He was a role player, who benefitted from others creating shots for him. Not a damn thing wrong with that, but let's not conflate it with his pulling an '03 Duncan, when he didn't even pull the typical load of one who had that honor bestowed upon him.

and "pop is god" you forgot!

r0drig0lac
07-24-2018, 06:40 PM
kawhi's mvp was nothing like iggy's, kawhi was clearly the team's best offensive and defensive player in that final,
although he has turned into a cowardly snake, he is also clearly one of the three best players in the world (with Lebron and Durant).

SpursforSix
07-24-2018, 06:43 PM
Bend over, I’ll fucking show you something straight.

therealtruth
07-24-2018, 06:43 PM
I doubt that "7-8" others on that team played in the way that Kawhi played those last 3 games.

I wouldn't say he led them becaue it wasn't true but he was the best/most dominant Spurs' player.

https://i.imgur.com/mST6oEv.jpg

Exactly. I don't know why people are letting their hate alter their memory. The series seemed like it would be back and forth like '13 untill Kawhi took over. Several Spurs played well and that was a big factor but Kawhi definitely took his game to the next level.

TD 21
07-24-2018, 07:00 PM
Hate isn't altering my memory. I've been saying this for 4 years.

To be clear, I view winning a championship and Finals MVP as more than just the championship round. In this league, the "real" championship often occurs before the Finals. In '14, it was the WCF. That team didn't win based on Leonard ISO's or p-n-r's. He was a role player; they all were to varying degrees. But he wasn't the one driving the bus, in any form or fashion.

RD2191
07-24-2018, 07:01 PM
Don't do this to yourself OP.

FkLA
07-24-2018, 07:10 PM
kawhi's mvp was nothing like iggy's, kawhi was clearly the team's best offensive and defensive player in that final,

No, he wasn't. Nobody stood out "clearly" above the rest. That is the beautiful game's title. He sort of was a system player that year and I'm not just saying that out of saltiness. Obviously, by the end of his tenure here he was doing a lot of carrying and was a Top 3 player.

FkLA
07-24-2018, 07:14 PM
Exactly. I don't know why people are letting their hate alter their memory. The series seemed like it would be back and forth like '13 untill Kawhi took over. Several Spurs played well and that was a big factor but Kawhi definitely took his game to the next level.

Kawhi took over? WTF are you talking about. He scored a lot of points off of the system (just like everyone else) but nobody individually "took over".

Taking over to me is what he did against Memphis in that OT game they lost. Or what he was doing against GS before he was Zaza'd. Basically what he did all '17 playoffs but those two games really stood out. No aid from the system, that was just his individual greatness dominating. He wasn't at that level yet in '14. No low post-game yet, no dominant fadeaway, shakier handles, not a 50-40-90 guy yet.

r0drig0lac
07-24-2018, 07:22 PM
Kawhi took over? WTF are you talking about. He scored a lot of points off of the system (just like everyone else) but nobody individually "took over".

Taking over to me is what he did against Memphis in that OT game they lost. Or what he was doing against GS before he was Zaza'd. Basically what he did all '17 playoffs but those two games really stood out. No aid from the system, that was just his individual greatness dominating. He wasn't at that level yet in '14. No low post-game yet, no dominant fadeaway, shakier handles, not a 50-40-90 guy yet.

he had 61/58/78 with 136 ortg and 101 drtg but the eye test was what he did for me with him having a lot more impact than any spur in that series (certainly in the final three games)

FkLA
07-24-2018, 07:30 PM
he had 61/58/78 with 136 ortg and 101 drtg but the eye test was what he did for me with him having a lot more impact than any spur in that series (certainly in the final three games)

No. I would give that to him if it was true, but it just isn't. That Spurs team was being nationally praised and having videos made about it's beautiful game, not about any one player's individual greatness. Whatever numbers Kawhi put up weren't put up in the same fashion as he puts them up today (isos).

SpurOutofTownFan
07-24-2018, 07:39 PM

If people dare to say Kawhi WON 2014 then they need to be man enough to accept he LOST 2013

You can't have it both ways

For that reason I know Kawhi didn't WIN 2014 because it was a collective effort and the most beautiful bb ever - and the Spurs settled old debts on their way to win it. You win as a team and you lose as one

r0drig0lac
07-24-2018, 07:42 PM
No. I would give that to him if it was true, but it just isn't. That Spurs team was being nationally praised and having videos made about it's beautiful game, not about any one player's individual greatness. Whatever numbers Kawhi put up weren't put up in the same fashion as he puts them up today (isos).

hat's fine with me, I really do not want to defend Kawhi, we're just going to have to agree to disagree

dabom
07-24-2018, 07:44 PM
Kawhi got his points on wade and others. Not over lebron. And he got them by open looks by his team or another players getting space for him. And he was a shrimp in game 1 and 2. And we won a game with him entirely missing. He is fortunate to get a FMVP. We would have won with any replacement level SF.

Mikeanaro
07-24-2018, 07:45 PM
Lol, he won because the whole team was on fire, not because he was dominant or some shit like that.
Look what he did in 2015, now put Lebron on that 2015 team and see how things are different.
There is Lebron and then the rest... Durants Kiwis Currys etc.

FireMicoHalili
07-24-2018, 09:05 PM
man I know shitposting is the trend here but this is gay as fuck man you a faggot

Kawhitstorm
07-24-2018, 10:11 PM

Kawhi cucked champion LeBrat in Gm 3......on the road. The Heatles REALLY thought they had the upper hand in the series after taking Gm 2 before they got swept away by a quiet storm:

-8U5bwe9TS0

FkLA
07-24-2018, 10:13 PM
Kawhi cucked champion LeBrat in Gm 3 like no 22 year old has done before......on the road. The Heatles REALLY thought they had the upper hand in the series after taking Gm 2 before they got swept away by a quiet storm:

-8U5bwe9TS0

The Spurs as a team shot like 80% that first half. But yeah, let's act like Autist just "took over" instead. :rolleyes

Kawhitstorm
07-24-2018, 10:24 PM

Iggy was standing in the corner shooting 3 while being guarded by Mozgov:lmao

Jimmy Butler did a better job on LeBron than Iggy during the '15 postseason where LeBron had a season long shooting slump & completely ran out of gas in the Finals after carrying the team for the first 3 games on both offense/defense.

Kawhi was going up against the same LeBron who basically cruised to the Finals in '14 (including the glorified 6 game series against the Pacers) & had his career best TS% that season. In the final 3 games where Kawhi outplayed him 1-on-1, LeBrat was stat padding in glorified garbage time after being timid when Kawhi on the floor for the most part.

Kawhitstorm
07-24-2018, 10:27 PM
The Spurs as a team shot like 80% that first half. But yeah, let's act like Autist just "took over" instead. :rolleyes

Who took charge on the road with his team coming off a home loss? (The media was saying the Heat would win the series if they won Gm 3:lol)

Imagine replacing Kawhi w/ DeFrozen in Gm 3 of the '14 Finals.:lmao

gTQCvtCj81M

TheRemix
07-24-2018, 10:33 PM
man I know shitposting is the trend here but this is gay as fuck man you a faggot

Its only gay if you look him in the eyes and you like it

Ice009
07-24-2018, 10:44 PM
Kawhi was the Spurs best player in the finals, but just like in 2007, he wasn't the best Spurs player throughout the playoffs. Tim Duncan was the overall best Spurs player for the whole entirety of the playoffs, and then it's a toss up between Manu and Kawhi for second best player throughout those playoffs. It can actually be debated on whether or not he was the 3rd best player for the playoffs. He was definitely the best in the finals though. It wasn't like TP taking advantage of Boobie Gibson, Kawhi raised his game to another level to take out the best player in the league. His teammates did have a hand in helping to put him in position to succeed. They trusted him.

I really can't believe that he's screwed the Spurs over this badly. He should have played out the last two years of his contract and left as a free agent. At least Lebron played out his contracts and played as hard as he could for his current team/s he was on to still try and win it all. Kawhi was just pathetic quitting last season. If it was me, I just can't imagine not coming back in round 1 to try and get revenge on the Warriors with them missing Curry. Jordan, Kobe, Manu, none of those guys would have passed up an opportunity to knock out the Warriors in round 1 if they had happen to them what happened to Kawhi by Zaza's dirty tactics the season before. They'd be out for blood. They would have been hell bent on revenge. Kawhi, if healthy by the time the playoffs rolled around last season, just pathetic to not come back. No heart, no killer instinct, no guts, no nothing.

FireMicoHalili
07-24-2018, 10:46 PM
Its only gay if you look him in the eyes and you like it
oh my bad I didn’t know gay butt sex had rules. Good on you for knowing this stuff though so thanks, expert

james evans
07-24-2018, 11:09 PM
another kawhi thread.

Kawhitstorm
07-24-2018, 11:14 PM
I really can't believe that he's screwed the Spurs over this badly. He should have played out the last two years of his contract and left as a free agent. At least Lebron played out his contracts and played as hard as he could for his current team/s he was on to still try and win it all. Kawhi was just pathetic quitting last season. If it was me, I just can't imagine not coming back in round 1 to try and get revenge on the Warriors with them missing Curry. Jordan, Kobe, Manu, none of those guys would have passed up an opportunity to knock out the Warriors in round 1 if they had happen to them what happened to Kawhi by Zaza's dirty tactics the season before. They'd be out for blood. They would have been hell bent on revenge. Kawhi, if healthy by the time the playoffs rolled around last season, just pathetic to not come back. No heart, no killer instinct, no guts, no nothing.

Why would he come back to a toxic relationship w/ Porker tooting his horn? (BTW, there is a good reason Porker is no long on the team & it's just not his age nor the roster's construction)

Kawhi made up his mind & never wavered unlike Dwight which is hilarious b/c dumbasses try to compare them to each other.:lol

diego
07-24-2018, 11:32 PM
Kawhi was the Spurs best player in the finals, but just like in 2007, he wasn't the best Spurs player throughout the playoffs. Tim Duncan was the overall best Spurs player for the whole entirety of the playoffs, and then it's a toss up between Manu and Kawhi for second best player throughout those playoffs. It can actually be debated on whether or not he was the 3rd best player for the playoffs. He was definitely the best in the finals though. It wasn't like TP taking advantage of Boobie Gibson, Kawhi raised his game to another level to take out the best player in the league. His teammates did have a hand in helping to put him in position to succeed. They trusted him.

agree on both counts. i'll just add, that even if kawhi outplayed lebron a couple of games, over the series lebron was the better player by far, had a very good argument for FMVP despite losing...

dbreiden83080
07-24-2018, 11:36 PM
In 2014 he was a good player on a great team. That team was all about the team. But that team was led by Duncan.. That was his locker room and his team. Once the focus shifted to Leonard he played well. However this season made it quite clear, this man is a complete bitch. A loser and we are glad to be rid of him.

dbreiden83080
07-24-2018, 11:40 PM
We have Finals MVPs and we have finals MVPs. 2003 Tim Duncan he was a God out there on the basketball court. He single-handedly drag the team that quite frankly had no business winning a championship all the way to the top of the mountain. That’s how great he was. Not just on the court but also as a leader. This fucking bitch is no comparison.

TheRemix
07-24-2018, 11:54 PM
oh my bad I didn’t know gay butt sex had rules. Good on you for knowing this stuff though so thanks, expert
You're welcome, now bend over i'll show you how much of an expert I am

Arcadian
07-24-2018, 11:55 PM
Kawhi cucked champion LeBrat in Gm 3......on the road. The Heatles REALLY thought they had the upper hand in the series after taking Gm 2 before they got swept away by a quiet storm:

-8U5bwe9TS0

Ooooooohhhh, so that's what your username means. I finally got it. :lol

Kawhitstorm
07-24-2018, 11:56 PM

You must ride the short bus.........

Arcadian
07-25-2018, 12:00 AM
You must ride the short bus.........

To be fair, it would've been more obvious spelled Kawhietstorm. But yeah, my bad.

daslicer
07-25-2018, 12:10 AM
Kawhi was pretty inconsistent in the playoffs up until last year. He even sucked the first 2 games of the 2014 finals before turning it on for the next 3 games. He disappeared in the Clippers series in '15 after starting the series strong, He also choked against OKC in '16. Last year was the first year I saw him be consistent in the playoffs.

Kawhitstorm
07-25-2018, 12:46 AM
Kawhi was pretty inconsistent in the playoffs up until last year. He even sucked the first 2 games of the 2014 finals before turning it on for the next 3 games. He disappeared in the Clippers series in '15 after starting the series strong, He also choked against OKC in '16. Last year was the first year I saw him be consistent in the playoffs.

Yeah, he only has the highest postseason TS% among all active players..........on the wrong end is DeFrozen:lol

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ts_pct_active_p.html

Chinook
07-25-2018, 02:32 AM
The relative essentialness of Leonard in 2014 gets overrated, especially when folks act like he "carried" SA to a title. Tim was incredible on and off the court, and that was Pop's last great coaching year. Each of the top seven guys in the rotation had huge moments in those playoffs. You can totally argue that Diaw should have received some type of recognition for finally living up to his considerable potential for a couple of weeks.

However, I do think folks are underrating how dominant Leonard was to close out that Finals. It wasn't a system thing. He legit became a star in that series. Leonard pretty much got the better of Lebron from those games forward, and that's something no other player in the league could say. Leonard turning into a tool doesn't negate that; it just underscores how foolish teams like Philly were in not offering more for Leonard.

FireMicoHalili
07-25-2018, 02:35 AM
You're welcome, now bend over i'll show you how much of an expert I am
Don’t you have to ask your boyfriend first? flattering but I don’t swing that way so I’ll have to refuse, though thanks for the offer faggot. Never thought I’d see genuine homosexuals in ST but here we are. Congratulations mate, #LoveWins I guess.

daslicer
07-25-2018, 10:00 AM
Yeah, he only has the highest postseason TS% among all active players..........on the wrong end is DeFrozen:lol

This is not about Derozan. We have all acknowledged Derozan is a choke artist. Kawhi was great the first 4 games of the Clippers series in '15 but once the Clippers adjusted their defense he choked dramatically in the final 3 games of that series. In game 7 he got schooled badly by Matt Barnes which was embarrassing. Kawhi had the same problem in '16 against the Thunder. He had 3 great games and 3 shitty games in that series. In game 6 of that series he got outplayed by Robertson. In '17 he was great for the whole entire Grizzlies series but against the Rox he had a choking performance in game 5 and couldn't even play in game 6 and was crap in game 1. Kawhi is a top 5 player when healthy but my knock on him is that he's a Jekyll and Hyde player during the playoffs. He will have an equal amount of dominant games followed by an equal amount of shitty games. He's not Lebron James or even Kevin Durant consistent when it comes to playing great during the playoffs.

tmtcsc
07-25-2018, 10:30 AM
Kawhi is a great player, there is no arguing with that. Everything we thought we knew about the guy, leading up to this messy divorce, said he was a hard-working gym rat that didn't care for the limelight. He just wanted to be the best player he could be and win championships. None of us knew what kind of teammate he was. Now we're seeing that his quiet demeanor was on a whole other level.

All that being said, I HATED seeing the ISO, make this all about KL on offense. The Spurs moved away from the 'beautiful' game and became a predictable, bogged-down, methodical team. It proved effective but relied too heavily on one player. I hope the team goes back to more sharing and ball movement with the new roster.

tmtcsc
07-25-2018, 10:38 AM
The relative essentialness of Leonard in 2014 gets overrated, especially when folks act like he "carried" SA to a title. Tim was incredible on and off the court, and that was Pop's last great coaching year. Each of the top seven guys in the rotation had huge moments in those playoffs. You can totally argue that Diaw should have received some type of recognition for finally living up to his considerable potential for a couple of weeks.

However, I do think folks are underrating how dominant Leonard was to close out that Finals. It wasn't a system thing. He legit became a star in that series. Leonard pretty much got the better of Lebron from those games forward, and that's something no other player in the league could say. Leonard turning into a tool doesn't negate that; it just underscores how foolish teams like Philly were in not offering more for Leonard.

Well said. I agree completely. I do think that KL is most effective when he's not the focus of the offense though. He will find a way to get his, don't make it all about him. Need a put-back or key rebound? Leonard will be there. The 2014 Championship series was an amazing showcase of his skills on both ends of the court. It actually started against OKC when he made game altering plays. When most on our squad were intimidated by Ibaka's presence, KL threw down a dunk right in his face. When we needed a stop on D, KL stripped Westbrook on that 4th quarter fast-break and secured the win. He became a clutch FT shooter too. The dude was amazing. That's why his exit was a big blow and an asswhip of epic proportions.

Manu was the same type of difference maker in his prime. A special type of player. Now? Fuck Kawhi for bolting and lets hope Pop figures a way to win another chip with the roster we have.

Seventyniner
07-25-2018, 10:45 AM

I always, even before this whole saga began, read that username as "kuh-WIT-storm". A longer way of saying "quit". Ironic that it proved apropos.

rjv
07-25-2018, 10:47 AM

the reality is that with leonard, i never put him in the category of duncan in regards to the faith that i had that TD was not a difference maker but the difference maker. i was starting to get there with leonard in 2017 but there were still times where i wasn't sure. it's really hard to compare because TD was the man from his first game as a spur onward. leonard, obviously, took some time to grow into that role. time will tell as to just how good he can become but if leonard has hit his ceiling then i can't put him in the category of james, KD or curry. there are still some deficiencies to his offense that prevent him from earning that status.

Arcadian
07-25-2018, 01:34 PM
I always, even before this whole saga began, read that username as "kuh-WIT-storm". A longer way of saying "quit". Ironic that it proved apropos.

Same here! :lol

Budkin
07-25-2018, 01:43 PM

RIP Cub :depressed

acoelho1
07-25-2018, 01:52 PM
I'm as upset as anyone over this fiasco but let's not pretend that Kawhi wasn't a huge factor in us winning the title. Sure, we had a lot guys play well but we would have never sniffed the championship without Kawhi's excellence throughout those playoffs. As Pop and RC said, Kawhi gave us our 2nd wind to being contenders. This was a huge lost for the Spurs and when Kawhi walked out that door, our championship hopes when out with him. He is that good so it's very disappointing. Having said that, I'm very excited about Murray, White and Walker and let's see if any of them can become stars. As far as Kawhi, I think he will show next year that he's the best player in the league and will probably carry the Raptors to the finals.

SpursforSix
07-25-2018, 01:54 PM
RIP Cub :depressed

anyone know what happened to him?

Budkin
07-25-2018, 02:06 PM

No clue. I've asked around but never got any answers. Figured he would have been all over the LeBron/Kawhi/Lakers drama.

sasaint
07-25-2018, 02:10 PM

:tu That's what 2014 was like in my mind. I thought Kawhi won MVP more for his individual defense than his pretty team-oriented offense. But he definitely announced his arrival in those final three games with an exclamation mark. And I will always remember Danny nailing treys on breaks with no other Spur on my TV screen. Lots of great stuff to remember about lots of Spurs.

SpursforSix
07-25-2018, 02:13 PM
No clue. I've asked around but never got any answers. Figured he would have been all over the LeBron/Kawhi/Lakers drama.

that's too bad...I agree that we should have seen him pop his head in by now.
hope everything is OK

cool cat
07-25-2018, 03:52 PM
I said it before Kawhi is just a footnote on the ‘14 championship. Nothing more, nothing less.

rjv
07-25-2018, 05:49 PM
beside the series with the heat is just how effective leonard was in the thunder series. his run-down of westbrook late in game 6 that led to the duncan game clinching shot was one of the great plays of spurs history, considering its importance.

kobyz
07-25-2018, 05:56 PM
kawhi has class, he could never trash publicly the spurs organization like this fucker did right there, always dislike this selfish nigga...

therealtruth
07-25-2018, 08:53 PM

Pretty much the definition of comes through in the playoffs. If you watch Coach Nick's videos you know why.

Kawhitstorm
07-27-2018, 08:20 PM
This is not about Derozan. We have all acknowledged Derozan is a choke artist. Kawhi was great the first 4 games of the Clippers series in '15 but once the Clippers adjusted their defense he choked dramatically in the final 3 games of that series. In game 7 he got schooled badly by Matt Barnes which was embarrassing. Kawhi had the same problem in '16 against the Thunder. He had 3 great games and 3 shitty games in that series. In game 6 of that series he got outplayed by Robertson. In '17 he was great for the whole entire Grizzlies series but against the Rox he had a choking performance in game 5 and couldn't even play in game 6 and was crap in game 1. Kawhi is a top 5 player when healthy but my knock on him is that he's a Jekyll and Hyde player during the playoffs. He will have an equal amount of dominant games followed by an equal amount of shitty games. He's not Lebron James or even Kevin Durant consistent when it comes to playing great during the playoffs.

Did you miss Beta's series against the Rockets when he was hijacking the offense for 3 straight games before Choke-P3 got injured? (He has a laundry list including being MIA in Gm 6 during his MVP season & going ghost against the Grizz when WestBrick got injured then blamed it on fatigue)

There is no player that expends as much energy as Kawhi on BOTH ends & he's still the most efficient postseason scorer:lol (Kirby goes 6-24 & wins FMVP:lmao)

Imagine if Kawhi took a rest on defense for 3 quarters..............like LeBrat:wakeup (He also has had some miserable shooting series in his career)

If you're expecting him to shoot 60% every game then good luck..........I suggest you rewatch the '96 Finals when Jordan was atrocious in a couple of games.

daslicer
07-27-2018, 08:37 PM
Did you miss Beta's series against the Rockets when he was hijacking the offense for 3 straight games before Choke-P3 got injured? (He has a laundry list including being MIA in Gm 6 during his MVP season & going ghost against the Grizz when WestBrick got injured then blamed it on fatigue)

There is no player that expends as much energy as Kawhi on BOTH ends & he's still the most efficient postseason scorer:lol (Kirby goes 6-24 & wins FMVP:lmao)

Imagine if Kawhi took a rest on defense for 3 quarters..............like LeBrat:wakeup (He also has had some miserable shooting series in his career)

If you're expecting him to shoot 60% every game then good luck..........I suggest you rewatch the '96 Finals when Jordan was atrocious in a couple of games.

Your whole entire post is deflection. What I said about Kawhi was factual and you can't deal with it.

rastaspur
07-27-2018, 11:26 PM

That was my interpretation as well. I guess that nut hugger kawhit is a prophet after all. Impressive.

Pm me some lotto numbers, nut hugger

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-27-2018, 11:47 PM
i thought it was Kawhi-T-Storm

Othyus Lalanne
07-28-2018, 03:40 AM
You need a top 5 talent and or several former HOF all stars. I'd say 2014 is closer to a Boston championship (kathi is rondo) than a 2004 Pistons.

But kawhi was the best player on that team by only much that year. Truthfully he was more replaceable than Duncan or DIAW, but less than Parker and Gino. Splitter and Green. Just amazing a player who lived through that would turn to cancer.
Cancer is what LeBron in CLE looks like. Calm down already.

heyheymymy
07-28-2018, 03:54 AM

Boiled down. Set one last trend for the road I guess.

therealtruth
07-28-2018, 06:39 PM

The Clippers series was lost when Pop couldn't figure out how to defend the double high pick with DJ and Blake. And also TP going hero ball in game 7 and missing that fastbreak layup on JJ.

TheDoctor
07-29-2018, 08:12 AM
i thought it was Kawhi-T-Storm
:lol

Mouth is Bleeding
07-29-2018, 08:28 AM
Yes it was all about the team and the beautiful game.

He was probably the best player in the finals itself but the finals wasn't the toughest series either.

I wish it was a playoffs MVP instead or along with it. That player was probably Manu, though Timmy is always essential, but more than any individual player or MVP, playoffs or finals, the most important was the team.

The team playing the beautiful game.

Kawhitstorm
08-08-2018, 02:46 AM
Your whole entire post is deflection. What I said about Kawhi was factual and you can't deal with it.

Yeah as factual as me saying that Jordan missed more shots than he made in the Finals:sleep