PDA

View Full Version : Lowe Post Podcast w/ Michael C. Wright

Mugen
07-24-2018, 06:30 PM
Not really a ton of new stuff. My notes:

Wright - SA is not interested in any sort of rebuild, fans expect team to remain competitive and stay ahead of other teams
Wright thinks Ginobili is coming back based on all the talks, joking between Pop and Gino
Zach continuing his anti-Spurs slant of late, saying the Spurs have a "self-confidence" about turning guys like Murray into stars.
Lowe/Wright doesn't think the supermax was ever offered or that Kawhi would have actually accepted it (Not motivated by money, endorsements, etc. :lol)
Wright thinks the Holts' divorce was a factor in deciding whether to offer supermax
Kawhi kepts telling Pop/RC that he'd back soon and never came back. Ducked out right after the team photoshoot. Wright does say that Kawhi was always planning on coming back and was doing crazy workouts in NYC.
Porky led the infamous team meeting, guys were overall support of him and his "rehab." Kawhi stood his ground and said "I'll do anything for you guys in this room but not this organization."
Pop and Kawhi meeting near the draft was just them two and it was very brief, around 10 minutes. Lowe said he heard it went "badly"
After that meeting and trade request, Spurs still held out hope that they could fix the relationship and did not want to trade him.
RC/Pop both care for Kawhi as a person deeply, almost like trading a son away according to Wright.
Kawhi's best friend is Jeremy Castleberry, intern coach on the Spurs.
Wright says people in the org were willing to let him come to training camp to work it out but did not want to deal with a possible holdout situation at all.
Lowe calls the Spurs a high floor/low ceiling team next season. I agree tbh.

Immortal Spur
07-24-2018, 06:35 PM
60+ wins

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 06:36 PM
Thanks for this thread OP! I refuse to post in any apasolic' thread.

I've said before that the Spurs will never offer a player the supermax, Holt divorce was a factor as Pop's retirement, Spurs financial future, etc.

K...
07-24-2018, 06:36 PM
. Kawhi stood his ground and said "I'll do anything for you guys in this room but not this organization.".

This is a lie,,. Kathi doesn't talk, and talk with assertiveness at that. Of course Apo is making hay in his thread about it.

playbonner15
07-24-2018, 06:43 PM
That Jeremy thing is correct. He's Kawhi's buddy/teammate since his Aztec days and Spurs gave him a position in the organization. Funny how Uncle Dennis is always mentioned and not Jeremy. Curious if he is part of Kawhi's 'group' and hes also headed to Toronto or he'll stay within the team org

Mugen
07-24-2018, 06:44 PM
That Jeremy thing is correct. He's Kawhi's buddy/teammate since his Aztec days and Spurs gave him a position in the organization. Funny how Uncle Dennis is always mentioned and not Jeremy. Curious if he is part of Kawhi's 'group' and hes also headed to Toronto or he'll stay within the team org

Wright said that the Spurs liked Jeremy and he's still employed with the Spurs. Lowe said that if he wasn't competent/capable, he would not be employed by the Spurs.

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 06:51 PM

No, he played with Kawhi for the Aztecs but he knows Kawhi since they were 12-13 years old. They played together in IE clubs and then for MLK High in Riverside.

HankChinaski
07-24-2018, 06:53 PM
I haven't listened to this podcast but based on cliff notes there are some contradictions it seems considering the narratives being reported for quite some time now.

Really just a strange situation all around. Who knows what went on. Would rather hear this from Kawhi himself not from other people's viewpoint of the situation.

I'm speaking of Wright an Lowe, etc. The Media.

Hoops Czar
07-24-2018, 07:04 PM
B-b-but the PATFO is the gold standard in professional sports. :lol:lol

It's going to take years, not months to repair their reputation. This was never a Kawhi problem but an organizational one. RC and Pop don't have the Stomaches to deal with today's American athletes. The NBA isn't about culture, it's about personality, expression, heroism and entertainment, all of which the PATFO tries to stifle with their domineering and Autocratic ways. The quicker the Spurs realize and understand this, the quicker the healing process can begin.

anon
07-24-2018, 07:08 PM
Wright doesn't think the supermax was ever offered
Wright thinks the Holts' divorce was a factor in deciding whether to offer supermax
Kawhi stood his ground and said "I'll do anything for you guys in this room but not this organization."
Spurs still held out hope that they could fix the relationship and did not want to trade him.
Lowe calls the Spurs a high floor/low ceiling team next season. Same as last season. Run twice as fast to stay in place.

Whoop there it is. Ship prospects ruined because Peter had a wandering gaze. I think OP's title is what hurts the establishment employees and vanillas the most. The team's former best player is a fan of his players but not of patfo. That said, these notes spell out a narrative designed to start the healing, yeah? Most of the salient takes from either side of the divorce seem to be represented, as though Wright and Lowe were merely reading back our speculation and wish fulfillment back to us. What do they really know

Pavlov
07-24-2018, 07:11 PM

It's going to take years, not months to repair their reputation. This was never a Kawhi problem but an organizational one. RC and Pop don't have the Stomaches to deal with today's American athletes. The NBA isn't about culture, it's about personality, expression, heroism and entertainment, all of which the PATFO tries to stifle with their domineering and Autocratic ways. The quicker the Spurs realize and understand this, the quicker the healing process can begin.Yeah, they were really keeping Kawhi's wild, over the top personality in check.

Stifling it.

Joseph Kony
07-24-2018, 07:13 PM
Kawhi stood his ground and said "I'll do anything for you guys in this room but not this organization."

dude cant even wipe his own ass, gtfo

Kori Ellis
07-24-2018, 07:16 PM
Way back in the beginning of the Kawhi saga, I heard from someone that Kawhi was pissed off and felt disrespected by someone in Spurs' management (not Pop). He wasn't mad at the "misdiagnosis" or anything else, but at something particular that this person said to him/about him. From there, his group allegedly used that to pump Kawhi up into wanting to leave the organization (i.e. Why would you want to stay there when X person said that/believes that about you? They don't even care about you. Superstars should have this and that, etc). So instead of getting over the comment, things escalated. And here we are today. So, I'm not shocked by Wright's statement that Kawhi said "I'll do anything for you guys in this room but not this organization."

TD 21
07-24-2018, 07:17 PM
Lowe doesn't even attempt to disguise his dislike for the Spurs anymore. As knowledgeable as he is, he's lost a copious amount of credibility as his star has steadily risen. If you're a team who he's well connected with (Celtics, Warriors, Rockets, Thunder, Raptors, Jazz), you're praised ad nauseam and vice versa.

His high floor/low ceiling is both true and a perfect example. All of a sudden a DeRozan and comparable star to Lowry led team is low ceiling. Funny, when they were wearing Raptors jerseys and he was cheerleading for them, he didn't seem to think that. He also didn't criticize the Raptors for not re-building before this fell into their lap and loves their young players, but is seemingly ignorant of the Spurs' comparable stable.

Hoops Czar
07-24-2018, 07:22 PM
Lowe doesn't even attempt to disguise his dislike for the Spurs anymore. As knowledgeable as he is, he's lost a copious amount of credibility as his star has steadily grown. If you're a team who he's well connected with (Celtics, Warriors, Rockets, Thunder, Raptors, Jazz), you're praised ad nauseam and vice versa.

His high floor/low ceiling is both true and a perfect example. All of a sudden a DeRozan and comparable star to Lowry led team is low ceiling. Funny, when they were wearing Raptors jerseys and he was cheerleading for them, he didn't seem to think that. He also didn't criticize the Raptors for not re-building before this fell into their lap and loves their young players, but is seemingly ignorant of the Spurs' comparable stable.

Even with the Raptors winning 60+ games, was there a single soul that saw them as a contender in the east? And as expected, they were spanked out of the playoffs by the Cavs with DeRozen being benched in the clutch for games 3 & 4.

dabom
07-24-2018, 07:23 PM
Way back in the beginning of the Kawhi saga, I heard from someone that Kawhi was pissed off and felt disrespected by someone in Spurs' management (not Pop). He wasn't mad at the "misdiagnosis" or anything else, but at something particular that this person said to him/about him. From there, his group allegedly used that to pump Kawhi up into wanting to leave the organization (i.e. Why would you want to stay there when X person said that/believes that about you? They don't even care about you. Superstars should have this and that, etc). So instead of getting over the comment, things escalated. And here we are today. So, I'm not shocked by Wright's statement that Kawhi said "I'll do anything for you guys in this room but not this organization."

That person should be fired if true. You dont talk to people like that.

manufan10
07-24-2018, 07:23 PM
Actions speak louder than words though. Kawhi may have said that he'd do anything for the guys in the room, but he never showed up. He also kept telling people he was gonna play and then not doing it. That's the complete opposite of doing anything for the guys in the room.

TD 21
07-24-2018, 07:25 PM
Even with the Raptors winning 60+ games, was there a single soul that saw them as a contender in the east? And as expected, they were spanked out of the playoffs by the Cavs with DeRozen being benched in the clutch for games 3 & 4.

They won 59, losing in overtime in game 82. And yes, there were plenty who viewed them as a contender in the East. It was moreso about the decline of the Cavaliers and Celtics injuries than confidence in them though.

K...
07-24-2018, 07:27 PM

you don't even know what they said....

apalisoc_9
07-24-2018, 07:27 PM

It's going to take years, not months to repair their reputation. This was never a Kawhi problem but an organizational one. RC and Pop don't have the Stomaches to deal with today's American athletes. The NBA isn't about culture, it's about personality, expression, heroism and entertainment, all of which the PATFO tries to stifle with their domineering and Autocratic ways. The quicker the Spurs realize and understand this, the quicker the healing process can begin.

But PATFO.

I dont understand why Spursfans cant just accept the fact that the spurs have no idea how to treat a modern day star.

pgardn
07-24-2018, 07:28 PM
I’ll do anything for the guys...

Except I have not a fckn clue how to make friends within a team.

spursistan
07-24-2018, 07:29 PM

LMAO..You really jumped the shark with that anti-PATFO shtick..yeah they were holding back someone who has the personality of a sea turtle..

dabom

Answer my pending question faggot. :lmao

pgardn
But PATFO.

I dont understand why Spursfans cant just accept the fact that the spurs have no idea how to treat a modern day autistic player

lmbebo
07-24-2018, 07:30 PM
Actions speak louder than words though. Kawhi may have said that he'd do anything for the guys in the room, but he never showed up. He also kept telling people he was gonna play and then not doing it. That's the complete opposite of doing anything for the guys in the room.

This

apalisoc_9
07-24-2018, 07:31 PM
LMAO..You really jumped the shark with that anti-PATFO shtick..yeah they were holding back someone who has the personality of a sea turtle..

So everyone is doing an anti-PATFO schtick now?

Micheal wright, zach lowe etc doing an anti PATFO schtick now?

Many times over its been said that some excess believe part of the reason why Kawhi no longer wants to play for San Antonio is their lack of treatment of superstars.

It should be common belief now.

Hoops Czar
07-24-2018, 07:32 PM
Kawhi, LMA, Simmons, Dedmon, West, Lee, possibly Kyle Anderson and the beat goes on..... Yeah, good luck attracting new Free agent/All-stars when you can't even keep the one's you have happy.

apalisoc_9
07-24-2018, 07:32 PM
Kawhi, LMA, Simmons, Dedmon, West, Lee, possibly Kyle Anderson and the beat goes on.....

Are those players all autistic?

FkLA
07-24-2018, 07:33 PM

Do you know who that person in management was and what the nature of the comments were? Were they about Kawhi the basketball player or the person? Did someone call him a weird, mute retard or an autist?

vy65

Crazy, if true. You’d figure that the organization would have stepped in before it was too late. That they didn’t suggests there was some underlying issue.

Mikeanaro
So happy he is not in SA anymore, he is a mute why would be angry about some person? all excuses, never saw a player sit a whole year because of feelings, there was Kobe/Shaq drama, Deron Williams making Jerry Sloan cry, Magic requesting a trade because of Paul Westhead and nobody sat a whole season.

Spurs dont need cancers.

Dingle Barry
07-24-2018, 07:34 PM
Zach continuing his anti-Spurs slant of late, saying the Spurs have a "self-confidence" about turning guys like Murray into stars.

I feel like I'm missing something. How is this comment anti-Spurs?

baseline bum
07-24-2018, 07:35 PM

Probably asked if he could wipe his own ass yet last year.

Hoops Czar
07-24-2018, 07:36 PM
Are those players all autistic?

:lol

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 07:39 PM
So instead of getting over the comment, things escalated.
You need more than a greedy uncle to things escalate.

I wonder what PAFTO did when they knew the issue. I also wonder what happened to this Spurs' guy who was that stupid to make the superstar on his team and franchise player feel disrespected.

I wouldn't expect that guy's still working for the Spurs but...he is, right?

coachmac87
07-24-2018, 07:40 PM
But PATFO.

I dont understand why Spursfans cant just accept the fact that the spurs have no idea how to treat a modern day star.

How do you treat a modern star? Please use an example of a team or organization who treats their “modern star” the right way and how it’s different than the Spurs.

Oh and please be specific since you know how it’s done...

weebo
07-24-2018, 07:43 PM

And Leonard has all this....? FOH :lol

Pavlov
07-24-2018, 07:46 PM
So everyone is doing an anti-PATFO schtick now?

Micheal wright, zach lowe etc doing an anti PATFO schtick now?

Many times over its been said that some excess believe part of the reason why Kawhi no longer wants to play for San Antonio is their lack of treatment of superstars.

It should be common belief now.So you like divas now?

Man you sure change your mind a lot.

Mugen
07-24-2018, 07:47 PM
I feel like I'm missing something. How is this comment anti-Spurs?

Sorry, the way Lowe phrased it. You could tell he wanted to say the Spurs were "arrogant" in their way of thinking. He's said as much the last few weeks.

Mugen
07-24-2018, 07:49 PM
Bottom line, the FO isn't blameless here. Their biggest mistake is thinking that they had another Tim Duncan in Kawhi.

What they failed to realize is that they instead had one of the biggest divas in sports with obvious mental issues tbh.

anon
07-24-2018, 07:50 PM
Kawhi, LMA, Simmons, Dedmon, West, Lee, possibly Kyle Anderson and the beat goes on..... Yeah, good luck attracting new Free agent/All-stars when you can't even keep the one's you have happy.
I wonder if there's going to be a reunion of former Spur active players in a northeastern borough in 2019. Rewatching old game film of these disruptive, freerunning dudes, damn did they have chemistry. Lee might even un-retire.

MannyIsGod
07-24-2018, 07:52 PM

What fucking personality and expression does Kawhi have? This is so devoid of logic.

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 07:53 PM
Just in case, the Spurs are still the best organization in sport world.

But I've said before, they couldn't handle very well some situations.

Dedmon only RT an article where a guy put his defensive stats and said how the team looked better with him...We all posted here he deserved more playing time...Suddenly his minutes decreased and he was on other team last season.

I know Pop is tired and getting old but if these players' issues would have happened 7-8 years ago, I'm sure Kawhi and Dedmon are still on the team.

That Pop would would have fought like a lion against an unknown/greedy uncle to avoid a trade/to keep a top 5 player on the Spurs. And Pop would have won.

MannyIsGod
07-24-2018, 07:55 PM

Talk to people how? You don't even know what was said?

coachmac87
I would love someone to explain how to treat a “modern star” name the player and organization...

Let’s compare what you know to what you also know how Spurs treated Kawhi...

Let’s lay it all on the table...

dabom
Just in case, the Spurs are stil the best organization in sport world.

But I've said before, they couldn't handle with some situations.

Dedmon just only RT an article where a guy put his defensive stats and how the team looked better with him...We all posted here he deserved more playing time...Suddenly his minutes decreased and was on other team last season.

I know Pop is tired and getting old but if these players' issues would have happened 7-8 years ago, I'm sure Kawhi and Dedmon are still on the team.

That Pop would would have fought like a lion against an unknown/greedy uncle to avoid a trade and keep a top 5 player on the Spurs. And Pop would have won.

The Spurs were getting worse and worse with him on and the Spurs had to try way harder just to get a win. That fucker didn't even do shit in the playoffs and Pau owns the fucking rockets. Tell me otherwise. :lol

Pavlov
07-24-2018, 07:56 PM
Just in case, the Spurs are still the best organization in sport world.

But I've said before, they couldn't handle very well some situations.

Dedmon only RT an article where a guy put his defensive stats and how the team looked better with him...We all posted here he deserved more playing time...Suddenly his minutes decreased and he was on other team last season.

That Pop would would have fought like a lion against an unknown/greedy uncle to avoid a trade/to keep a top 5 player on the Spurs. And Pop would have won.Neither present nor past Pop would try to break up a family.

spursistan
07-24-2018, 07:56 PM
Kawhi, LMA, Simmons, Dedmon, West, Lee, possibly Kyle Anderson and the beat goes on.....
Poop was cracking the whip during practice..so stifling :cry..

It is funny coming from someone who was shitting on most of these players as some "scrubs" or guys who wouldn't move the needle and now you're switching to pathetic arguments about a Spurs environment not conducive "entertainment" and "heroism" as the reason for them asking out or let go....

K...
07-24-2018, 07:59 PM
I would love someone to explain how to treat a “modern star” name the player and organization...

Strip clubs mainly....

MannyIsGod
07-24-2018, 07:59 PM
Bottom line, the FO isn't blameless here. Their biggest mistake is thinking that they had another Tim Duncan in Kawhi.

What they failed to realize is that they instead had one of the biggest divas in sports with obvious mental issues tbh.

What was the better option to how they handled it?

Mugen
07-24-2018, 08:00 PM
First, the Spurs give way too preferential treatment to Timmy, Manu, and TP according to guys like SJax....

Then it's the Spurs don't give start treatment to their guys....

Truth is that there is no black/white to these narratives....

Maybe Dedmon and Simmons have legit gripes...But they better not forget to thank the fucking Spurs for the fat, new contracts they got while they're bottom feeding in the East :lol

tonight...you
07-24-2018, 08:03 PM
60+ wins

dabom
07-24-2018, 08:04 PM
First, the Spurs give way too preferential treatment to Timmy, Manu, and TP according to guys like SJax....

Then it's the Spurs don't give start treatment to their guys....

Truth is that there is no black/white to these narratives....

Maybe Dedmon and Simmons have legit gripes...But they better not forget to thank the fucking Spurs for the fat, new contracts they got while they're bottom feeding in the East :lol

Fucking Simmons wanted 50 mil. :lmao

At no point was he worth more than 6mil a year. And that's what he got. :lol

Motherfuckers think they got played because of the RFA clause. Yeah no shit, dipshit. The team that gives you resources should have first dibs. :lmao

Thank their lucky stars the spurs even picked them up for gleague. :lmao

Mugen
07-24-2018, 08:04 PM
What was the better option to how they handled it?

I think the "blame" is them not realizing that Kawhi was cut from a different cloth than Duncan. Duncan is a once in forever franchise player.

So, maybe they handle Kawhi with kid gloves and give in to some of his star treatment demands....

Again, I don't know. I'm fine with how they handled it. I think 99% of the blame is on Kawhi and the group.

MannyIsGod
07-24-2018, 08:06 PM
People grasping at straws to try to blame the Spurs here. Kawhi got butt hurt over Tony's comments when they were supportive. He failed to communicate with anyone. He literally picked up his ball and ran home when things were tough. He couldn't even be bothered to be on the bench in the playoffs.

You have to reach so damn hard to blame the organization for this. Kawhi may get easily offended - I dont know - but if he was and his family took advantage of that to mee thier agenda then good luck with trying to blame the Spurs for that.

MannyIsGod
07-24-2018, 08:07 PM
I think the "blame" is them not realizing that Kawhi was cut from a different cloth than Duncan. Duncan is a once in forever franchise player.

So, maybe they handle Kawhi with kid gloves and give in to some of his star treatment demands....

Again, I don't know. I'm fine with how they handled it. I think 99% of the blame is on Kawhi and the group.

I mean Duncan isn't once in a lifetime though because Manu was a lot like him and Drob was too. But yeah, Kawhi is nothing like them and he had us all fooled.

MannyIsGod
07-24-2018, 08:07 PM
Also fuck Lowe for saying the Spurs are arrogant for believing they can develop their players. They've only been doing it for 20 years. I hope Murray destroys the league this year.

apalisoc_9
07-24-2018, 08:10 PM
So Zach Lowe is public enemy one now?

I remeber when he was mad supportive of the spurs 2014 run.

For fans when journalist say the good things about you..we love.

But if they highilight their flaws. He's a loser

tonight...you
07-24-2018, 08:12 PM

I remember you're the Pinoy Marauder and should shut the fuck up...

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 08:12 PM

As Spurs fan I wouldn't forget that the Spurs were willing to give Pau Gasol $48M instead of keeping a young-good defender-Dedmon.

Also, they kept old guards/wings one season more instead of giving Simmons more minutes. Simms wasn't MJ but he played well for this team and his game would have helped us last regular season.

dabom
07-24-2018, 08:13 PM
Dedmon and Simmons were bums. They haven't shown shit since leaving. They both probably wanted 50mil contracts for being bums. :lmao

Immortal Spur
07-24-2018, 08:16 PM
As Spurs fan I wouldn't forget that the Spurs were willing to give Pau Gasol $48M instead of keeping a young-good defender-Dedmon.

Also, they kept old guards/wings one season more instead of giving Simmons more minutes. Simms wasn't MJ but he played well for this team and his game would have helped us last regular season.
If they wanted to keep them they would have. There was word Simmons and Dedmon were bad influences to Kawhi on the non Spurs way side of things. It was the in some tweet. There’s a reason they aren’t with us.

dabom
07-24-2018, 08:19 PM
Orlando Magic- 25-57. :lmao
Atlanta Hawks- 24-58. :lmao

tonight...you
07-24-2018, 08:22 PM
Life Goes On

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 08:25 PM
Neither present nor past Pop would try to break up a family.
If a member of Spurs management or medical staff said something that Kawhi didn't like and his uncle took advantage of it...Past Pop would kill that Spurs' member while telling Kawhi and his uncle "See? There is no need to worry. When Tim told me about the issue of his fams in our plane I promised him to buy a whole planes fleet only for them. That's how we treat our franchise guy."

Past Pop would deactivate and neutralize every greedy uncle attempt.

dabom
07-24-2018, 08:26 PM
If a member of Spurs management or medical staff said something that Kawhi didn't like and his uncle took advantage of it...Past Pop would kill that Spurs' member while telling Kawhi and his uncle "See? There is no need to worry. When Tim told me about the issue of his fams in our plane I promised him to buy a whole planes fleet only for them. That's how we treat our franchise guy."

A lot of thinking for something that didn't happen dude. :lol

coachmac87
07-24-2018, 08:27 PM

It’s not just the Uncle bud...

If it is then that’s a bigger problem in your boy Kawhi

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 08:30 PM
If they wanted to keep them they would have. There was word Simmons and Dedmon were bad influences to Kawhi on the non Spurs way side of things. It was the in some tweet. There’s a reason they aren’t with us.

Dedmon is still a way better defender than Pau Gasol. And younger.

Since when we judge players by their bad or good "influences" out-court and not by how they play on-court? Otherwise, you can have a bunch of nice guys who can't beat anyone on court.

dabom
07-24-2018, 08:32 PM
Brah Pop ran it back with his best players. Dedman is old as shit already. :lol And he didn't do shit in the playoffs besides cheer. And the team the FO built around Kawhi did work. Kawhi was the only failure. Sad but true.

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 08:36 PM
It’s not just the Uncle bud...

If it is then that’s a bigger problem in your boy Kawhi

When he's physically healthy, "mentally ill"-Kawhi could still play at great level...That's good enough for any franchise in this league.

Hoops Czar
07-24-2018, 08:36 PM

It is funny coming from someone who was shitting on most of these players as some "scrubs" or guys who wouldn't move the needle and now you're switching to pathetic arguments about a Spurs environment not conducive "entertainment" and "heroism" as the reason for them asking out or let go....

Pop was cracking the stench of a coach who's long past his prime that spends more of his time these days with the media cracking jokes and talking about politics rather than his own coaching mistakes.

It isn't about the quality of the player, it's about the fact that they weren't happy. You know what they say about smoke and fire, tbh. How can you expect to attract new max free agents when you can't even keep the ones you have happy? CP3, Lebron James and Kevin Durant aren't walking through those doors.

Btw, some of those "scubs" wouldn't have been playing for the Spurs had the PATFO been like the majority of contenders that chose quality over quantity or players with a proven track record.. Quite dipping your tail into the G-League and euro trash bins for players that fit some illogical system or NBA players that are way past their prime and bring in athletes with athletic ability and shooters that can actually shoot.

Hoops Czar
07-24-2018, 08:37 PM
Dedmon and Simmons were bums. They haven't shown shit since leaving. They both probably wanted 50mil contracts for being bums. :lmao
Pau Gasol and Paddy Mills are bums and they're making a shitload more money.

dabom
07-24-2018, 08:38 PM
Pau Gasol and Paddy Mills are bums and they're making a shitload more money.

Those bums had the warriors in their home floor about to take home court faggot. :lmao

Pavlov
07-24-2018, 08:38 PM

Past Pop would deactivate and neutralize every greedy uncle attempt.That post made no sense.

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 08:39 PM
That post made no sense.

A lot of thinking for something that didn't happen dude. :lol
Agree. Just because we won't see "Past Pop" anymore.

dabom
07-24-2018, 08:39 PM
Facts you piece of shits. And Patty and Kawhi had the best dual Net ratings on the team. It was easy money brahs. Kawhi was the only player that didn't hold his end of the bargain. :lmao

coachmac87
07-24-2018, 08:41 PM
Pop was cracking the stench of a coach who's long past his prime that spends more of his time these days with the media cracking jokes and talking about politics rather than his own coaching mistakes.

It isn't about the quality of the player, it's about the fact that they weren't happy. You know what they say about smoke and fire, tbh. How can you expect to attract new max free agents when you can't even keep the ones you have happy? CP3, Lebron James and Kevin Durant aren't walking through those doors.

Btw, some of those "scubs" wouldn't have been playing for the Spurs had the PATFO been like the majority of contenders that chose quality over quantity or players with a proven track record.. Quite dipping your tail into the G-League and euro trash bins for players that fit some illogical system or NBA players that are way past their prime and bring in athletes with athletic ability and shooters that can actually shoot.

CP3, Durant, LeBron all jumped ship bruh...

2 out of 3 did their original fan base dirty...

Are you gonna be the one to explain how to treat a “modern star”?

Who’s currently doing it and who’s the star? Give details and explain what things they do that are different compared to the Spurs

Hoops Czar
07-24-2018, 08:42 PM
Those bums had the warriors in their home floor about to take home court faggot. :lmao
Kawhi and the expendables.

dabom
07-24-2018, 08:43 PM
Kawhi and the expendables.

How does what ever you say change the facts faggot. :lmao

Kori Ellis
07-24-2018, 08:44 PM

But what if Kawhi didn't complain to Pop, but rather told his group? And then the group thought that it was a good opportunity to get Kawhi away from the "controlling" "ungrateful" Spurs franchise.

Obviously, I don't know exactly what happened. But I don't buy any of the BS about how Kawhi wanted to be treated like a superstar, better cars, whatever, and the Spurs weren't delivering. And I don't buy that Kawhi wanted the limelight in a big city. I mean, let's get real. Kawhi was recently in Las Vegas, and went home after one night because he didn't like all the hoopla. He's not craving big lights, big city, better ho's or whatever.

Pavlov
07-24-2018, 08:44 PM
Agree. Just because we won't see "Past Pop" anymore.No, I was saying you made no sense.

Past Pop would've left the family alone and kept his relationship with the player, just like he did in this case.

Hoops Czar
07-24-2018, 08:46 PM
How does what ever you say change the facts faggot. :lmao
It had nothing to do with Potty and Gashole. They couldn't even hold a 24 point lead with 16 minutes to play. And then they got swept.

BackHome
07-24-2018, 08:50 PM
I am starting to think CNN and MSNBC have taken over this message board. Lol

FireMicoHalili
07-24-2018, 08:52 PM

Few weeks ago you called him a hack.

So Michael Wright is your source now?

I remember a few weeks ago when he reported Kawhi’s group hid him from the Spurs brass.

For stupid fans they take the news that fit their stupid narrative.

But if they say something against what you’re trying to say...they’re a hack.

Damn it Pinoy Marauder, grow a brain.

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 08:54 PM
But what if Kawhi didn't complain to Pop, but rather told his group? And then the group thought that it was a good opportunity to get Kawhi away from the "controlling" "ungrateful" Spurs franchise.

Obviously, his uncle took it that way but if Mike Wright knew the story I doubt Pop didn't. At some point, Pop realized what happened...the issue could have been what he did to fix the situation.

Anyway, I agree with you on Kawhi's demands. He waiting for limos/better cars/whatever is just a crazy apasolic's projection. Other of his many lies.

FireMicoHalili
07-24-2018, 08:54 PM

I would love to see pharm school failure answer this

FireMicoHalili
07-24-2018, 08:58 PM
Maybe Spurs fans did get spoiled with the kind of star Duncan was: no frills, simple, takes pay cuts. Maybe the Spurs medical staff diagnosed him wrongly. Maybe Uncle Dennis is a hack looking to make his nephew his golden egg. The guy got traded already. High floor, low ceiling may be accurate but Pop is correct: no time to go over plan B or C. It’s a learning experience for the front office and they hopefully can use what they learned on the younger guys. Kawhi is not the Spurs’ problem anymore, not should he be the fans’. He’s going to have a great season in Toronto and all and it just is a waste of energy chiding him. He’s Toronto’s problem now.

Seventyniner
07-24-2018, 09:06 PM

But damn, to turn Kawhi from a good teammate, face of the franchise, even if not a great leader, into basically sitting out the 2nd-to-last year of his contract and forcing his way out in one of the more public and inexplicable holdouts the league has ever seen, that's a huge turnaround. Could all that have really come from one comment? Or was Kawhi's group just looking for any excuse at that point?

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 09:13 PM
Kawhi is not the Spurs’ problem anymore, not should he be the fans’. He’s going to have a great season in Toronto and all and it just is a waste of energy chiding him. He’s Toronto’s problem now.
:tu
Couldn't agree more

If people want to make threads about Kawhi, there is Spurstalk NBA forum. Post there!!! Stop ruining this Spurs forum with stories of former SAS players!

T Park
07-24-2018, 09:30 PM

Money wasn’t why Dedmon didn’t come back. Him being in kawhi’s Ear telling him how he’s too big for SA and being a locker room pain in the ass is why he’s not around anymore.

ducks
07-24-2018, 09:37 PM

Depends on what was said
Leonard could have taken it the wrong way
I am sure Leonard said things he regrets.
The person who said it should have said he was sorry which I am sure they did
Leonard should have forgiven guy and moved on

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 09:40 PM
Money wasn’t why Dedmon didn’t come back. Him being in kawhi’s Ear telling him how he’s too big for SA and being a locker room pain in the ass is why he’s not around anymore.

Because running Dedmon out SA worked so well in keeping Kawhi, right?

I wonder what would have happened if the Spurs would have tried to keep Kawhi's close guys -to lure him- instead of running them off....

However, we as Spurs fans don't need this WHAT IF game. Just move on.

These threads about Kawhi would make sense on ST NBA forum not here.

T Park
07-24-2018, 09:45 PM
Because running Dedmon out SA worked so well in keeping Kawhi, right?

I wonder what would have happened if the Spurs would have tried to keep Kawhi's close guys -to lure him- instead of running them off....

However, we as Spurs fans don't need this WHAT IF game. Just move on.

These threads about Kawhi would make sense on ST NBA forum not here.

Wasn’t about keeping Kawhi. He was a toxic person in the locker room. Simmons wasn’t as toxic, but wasn’t much better.

MoSpur02
07-24-2018, 09:56 PM
:lmao at people acting like Dedmon is Cappella or Embiid. He's a role player. Same with Simmons. Both those guys wanted to get paid. End of story.

Kawhi wanted to leave. First it was mismanagement of his injury, but then we found out his doctors were in control since before training camp last season. Then it was him feeling disrespected by the organization and how they made him look to the media. Then it was the so-called, "ambush players only meeting" that offended him.
There is also the lack of knowledge the Spurs have on how to treat modern day athletes. We've also heard it's because San Antonio is a small market, which caused him to lose on out on bigger endorsement deals such as a larger shoe deal with Jordan. Now it's something someone in the organization said that hurt his feelings. So which is it?

It's none of those. This guy wanted out of San Antonio period and just looked for excuses to justify his behavior last season. He hasn't even spoken about it. He didn't wanna meet with Pop. He didn't return David's call. That's what someone does when they don't want to face the music. Someone who doesn't have the balls to just come out and say I don't want to be here.

KDKSpurs24
07-24-2018, 10:01 PM
Fuck Kawhi. I care less and less about him every day. I barely even click on posts videos or tweets about him now. Y’all should do the same. My only concerns now are with the current team and hoping they can pick up a competent 3&D SF.

ElNono
07-24-2018, 10:05 PM

Was that one of Holt's drunken nights?

Hoops Czar
07-24-2018, 10:21 PM
:lmao at people acting like Dedmon is Cappella or Embiid. He's a role player. Same with Simmons. Both those guys wanted to get paid. End of story.

Dedmon may be no Capella or Embiid but if we compared him to his Spurs replacement, Joffrey Laughverne, he's Anthony Davis. Simmons may be a scrub but what does that make his replacement BP3, who was so bad, he couldn't even get on the court?

Mr. Body
07-24-2018, 10:26 PM
Dedmon may be no Capella or Embiid but if we compared him to his Spurs replacement, Joffrey Laughverne, he's Anthony Davis. Simmons may be a scrub but what does that make his replacement BP3, who was so bad, he couldn't even get on the court?

I didn't realize Lauvergne made $7.2 million a year.

Slippy
07-24-2018, 10:46 PM

My guess. It was probably the person who had the unfortunate job of telling Kawhi the superstar - you're are cleared to play . We dont see an injury.

Lets face it, it was always going to offend an uncle who felt kAwhi needed to be treated differently.

Hoops Czar
07-24-2018, 10:47 PM
I didn't realize Lauvergne made $7.2 million a year.
Dedmon wasn't making $7.2M a year for the Spurs either.

Mr. Body
07-24-2018, 10:54 PM
Dedmon wasn't making $7.2M a year for the Spurs either.

Dude, what the fuck kind of argument is this?

FireMicoHalili
07-24-2018, 10:57 PM
Cris Carter logic lol. Lots of guys here would make great Colin Cowherd/Cris Carter types tbh. Contrarian edgelords with dumbass takes

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 11:04 PM

End of story?

Patty Mills and Pau Gasol are role players too. They got paid, two $50M deals.

But the Spurs couldn't pay a DD contract? So funny.

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 11:11 PM
Wasn’t about keeping Kawhi. He was a toxic person in the locker room. Simmons wasn’t as toxic, but wasn’t much better.
LeBron is a toxic to any franchise, he'll leave everytime...But I would do my best effort to keep him or Kawhi on my team.

I'm tired to read "toxic in the locker room" like it's a big issue.

No one teammate liked Kobe, MJ was a b*tch...And they still won everything

Pop was so lucky with Tim but there is just one Tim Duncan. The Spurs should know it and keep "toxic" Kawhi on the team, like Phil could handle MJ and Kobe.

manufan10
07-24-2018, 11:13 PM
LeBron is a toxic to any franchise, he'll leave everytime...But I would do my best effort to keep him or Kawhi on my team.

Pop was so lucky, not everyone is Tim Duncan. The Spurs should know it and keep "toxic" Kawhi, like Phil could handle MJ and Kobe.

Those guys that you mentioned were stars not end of bench guys. :lol

Perry Mason
07-24-2018, 11:16 PM
I think part of this is that Uncle D wants his nephew to be like Lebron - taking on owners (racial overtones and all), setting his terms, living the superstar life with a permanent entourage and constant special treatment, etc.

The irony is that Lebron is tired of some of that and is trading his much admired "freedom" for the stability a declining player will need. What a rebel.

I wouldn't doubt that Kawhi's group, over the years, wanted more and more of this experience for Kawhi, but had no idea how to create it with Kawhi because he has no knack for it; instead they seemed to blame "the organization" and did very little to improve things, largely because they probably have no fucking idea what they are doing.

And then, like spoiled brats and millennials, they just gave up on the organization and poisoned Kawhi's mind against it over time. Honestly, without the Spurs, Kawhi never becomes the star he is today. That isn't to say he didn't have the talent. But it is to say that other teams are not as well equipped to unlock it. So ungrateful.

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 11:16 PM
Those guys that you mentioned were stars not end of bench guys. :lol
He said Kawhi was so toxic to keep him...I said a team should keep top talented guys, always...doesn't matter what. I also doubt Kawhi's end of bench guys

manufan10
07-24-2018, 11:18 PM
He said Kawhi was so toxic to keep him...I said a team should keep top talented guys, always...doesn't matter what. I also doubt Kawhi's end of bench guys

He was talking about Dedmon.

Down Under
07-24-2018, 11:18 PM
Lowe doesn't even attempt to disguise his dislike for the Spurs anymore. As knowledgeable as he is, he's lost a copious amount of credibility as his star has steadily risen. If you're a team who he's well connected with (Celtics, Warriors, Rockets, Thunder, Raptors, Jazz), you're praised ad nauseam and vice versa.

I'll never understand the God-like complexes that Sports writers/journalists have & I can tell Lowe's has increased markedly over the past 3 or 4 years. Even down here, some of their ego's are out of control, you would think they're as irreplaceable as the athletes themselves.

objective
07-24-2018, 11:26 PM
Simmons wasn't a locker room problem. If he was, they wouldn't have put the QO on him. Only after weeks of him refusing to sign did the Magic, desperate for a signing, come in and negotiate, leading to the Spurs doing Simmons the favor of rescinding.

If Simmons was such a problem they would have dumped him at the start, and if he was so obviously Kawhi's guy, they would have paid him.

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 11:31 PM
He was talking about Dedmon.
Talked about the three guys, Kawhi, Simmons and Dedmon.

objective
07-24-2018, 11:38 PM

Lowe is a low integrity fool on this sort of stuff, but he's not alone. The entire blogboy media intelligencia are clowns

On the Dunc'd On Podcast, those guys flipped so hard it was disgusting. For the last 2 years they went on and on about how the Spurs couldn't even compete with Golden State, that Kawhi wasn't good enough.

Then on their trade reaction podcast they said something like, paraphrasing ... ___---- "Kawhi AND Green? That's a monster defensively, they can compete with Golden State" ----

WTF? They didn't even go into any reason the rest of the roster was so much more equipped to beat GS. It was as simple as "Kawhi and Green = beating Golden State". They would laugh at the idea of Kawhi and Green against Golden State for months.

YGWHI
07-24-2018, 11:39 PM
Simmons wasn't a locker room problem. If he was, they wouldn't have put the QO on him. Only after weeks of him refusing to sign did the Magic, desperate for a signing, come in and negotiate, leading to the Spurs doing Simmons the favor of rescinding.

If Simmons was such a problem they would have dumped him at the start, and if he was so obviously Kawhi's guy, they would have paid him.

IDK...Like they paid CoJo? Kawhi didn't have friends on the roster but he had chemistry on/off court with a few guys, Cory, Danny, Jonathon, Dedmon...
You didn't see pics of Kawhi and TP/Manu doing off-court things in 7 years in SA but you see Kawhi with Cory buying a suit, with Danny and Jon in clubs...

manufan10
07-24-2018, 11:40 PM
Talked about the three guys, Kawhi, Simmons and Dedmon.

And he was talking about Dedmon being toxic. You suck at reading comprehension.

Kawhitstorm
07-24-2018, 11:42 PM

DUI RC has been know to be an asshole to player during negotiations.:lol

Spurtacular
07-24-2018, 11:47 PM

Wright - SA is not interested in any sort of rebuild, fans expect team to remain competitive and stay ahead of other teams
Wright thinks Ginobili is coming back based on all the talks, joking between Pop and Gino
Lowe/Wright doesn't think the supermax was ever offered or that Kawhi would have actually accepted it (Not motivated by money, endorsements, etc. :lol)
Kawhi kepts telling Pop/RC that he'd back soon and never came back. Ducked out right after the team photoshoot. Wright does say that Kawhi was always planning on coming back and was doing crazy workouts in NYC.
Porky led the infamous team meeting, guys were overall support of him and his "rehab." Kawhi stood his ground and said "I'll do anything for you guys in this room but not this organization."
Pop and Kawhi meeting near the draft was just them two and it was very brief, around 10 minutes. Lowe said he heard it went "badly"
After that meeting and trade request, Spurs still held out hope that they could fix the relationship and did not want to trade him.
RC/Pop both care for Kawhi as a person deeply, almost like trading a son away according to Wright.
Wright says people in the org were willing to let him come to training camp to work it out but did not want to deal with a possible holdout situation at all.

Some dysfunction on the Spurs part; don't believe it absolves Kawhi at all though, tbh.

objective
07-24-2018, 11:48 PM
IDK...Like they paid CoJo? Kawhi didn't have friends on the roster but he had chemistry on/off court with a few guys, Cory, Danny, Jonathon, Dedmon...
You didn't see pics of Kawhi and TP/Manu doing off-court things in 7 years in SA but you see Kawhi with Cory buying a suit, with Danny and Jon in clubs...

I never saw pics of Cory doing anything. The only time I saw him with Simmons in the last summer league. I don't follow these guys on gram or anything, if it's not here or on TV I don't see it

And Green? Well, the Spurs kept him, didn't they? They paid him. They had opportunities to trade him every year and they never did.

And yeah, they would have paid him. They traded for Antonio Daniela to keep Duncan happy. Pop didn't want that guy, never did. Only after enough years had passed and Duncan chilled was he okay with them trading him.

They kept Parker and Manu happy in their ways. Oberto for Manu. Paris training camp and various French players for Parker.

If Kawhi had told RC, "I think it's very important that we keep Simmons, and if we don't I might not like the direction the team is going" they sign him.

The fact that these lame rumors about JS and Dedmon come out after the other 20+ excuses didn't stick explains it all. Clutching at straws.

Spurtacular
07-24-2018, 11:53 PM
DUI RC has been know to be an asshole to player during negotiations.:lol

I don't buy the bull shit that Buford is a savant. This organization won the D-Rob/Duncan sweepstakes and then took enough advantage of the fact that most NBA GMs are terrible at their jobs.

Hoops Czar
07-24-2018, 11:55 PM
Read the post I quoted instead of whining like a little school girl. That poor reading comprehension will get you every time. He was talking about Dedmon and Simmons being role players yet the two players the Spurs replaced those supposed Role players with were fringe NBA talent purposeful for garbage time minutes. In a nutshell, The Spurs let two role players go only to sign two non-role players in their place because the PATFO thought it would be cute to re-sign Paddy and Pau to an ungodly sum of money. I guess the moral of the story is you get what you pay for.

anon
07-25-2018, 12:25 AM
If Kawhi had told RC, "I think it's very important that we keep Simmons, and if we don't I might not like the direction the team is going" they sign him.
But none of us know that, is the point. Unless you're claiming to speak directly for the principals we're talking about, none of us know whether or not Kawhi made such a demand. There's an implicit assumption built on decades of seeming familiarity with how PATFO operates that automatically assigns Leonard as the passive actor in that scenario, when the front office we are talking about lost the trust of a franchise player. Leonard could have just easily been overruled and chose to follow the chain of command. Until he no longer didn't.

cutewizard
07-25-2018, 12:33 AM

Thank you good Sir. Would you elaborate more pn this please?

cutewizard
07-25-2018, 12:36 AM
I think part of this is that Uncle D wants his nephew to be like Lebron - taking on owners (racial overtones and all), setting his terms, living the superstar life with a permanent entourage and constant special treatment, etc.

The irony is that Lebron is tired of some of that and is trading his much admired "freedom" for the stability a declining player will need. What a rebel.

I wouldn't doubt that Kawhi's group, over the years, wanted more and more of this experience for Kawhi, but had no idea how to create it with Kawhi because he has no knack for it; instead they seemed to blame "the organization" and did very little to improve things, largely because they probably have no fucking idea what they are doing.

And then, like spoiled brats and millennials, they just gave up on the organization and poisoned Kawhi's mind against it over time. Honestly, without the Spurs, Kawhi never becomes the star he is today. That isn't to say he didn't have the talent. But it is to say that other teams are not as well equipped to unlock it. So ungrateful.

:bobo

cutewizard
07-25-2018, 12:41 AM
I would love to see pharm school failure answer this

Is he a real Filipino like us??

cutewizard
07-25-2018, 12:43 AM
Purang ina nitong kawhi na to, bwisit, sinira Spurs ko

Ipakulam natin to mga tol.....

Mukha pa syang ewan hahaha

Mabuhay sa lahat ng mga kababayan ko dito!

Vic Petro
07-25-2018, 01:24 AM
Few weeks ago you called him a hack.

So Michael Wright is your source now?

I remember a few weeks ago when he reported Kawhi’s group hid him from the Spurs brass.

For stupid fans they take the news that fit their stupid narrative.

But if they say something against what you’re trying to say...they’re a hack.

Damn it Pinoy Marauder, grow a brain.

Your consistent evisceration of this troll has been satisfying to watch and I salute you for it.

cutewizard
07-25-2018, 01:27 AM
Putang ina mo kawhi

Baho puke nanay mo!!!!!!

Lol

Puta ang kapatid mo!!!!

Tang ina, hindi tayo maka get over

J_Paco
07-25-2018, 02:58 AM

They were the "gold standard" and 5 NBA championships, numerous division titles and so on prove it.

Clearly, their relationship with Leonard became frayed and eventually the wheels fell off. It happens and relationships (even successful ones) can sour.

Popovich and R.C. actually acquiesced to many of Leonard's demands as far as his rehab and apparently brought in Leonard's former teammate and close friend.

Clearly, whatever else went on behind closed doors led to this toxic ending not "Pop and R.C. preaching culture" or whatever nonsense your spouting.

Emperor
07-25-2018, 03:04 AM
Thank you good Sir. Would you elaborate more pn this please?

You mean ma'am?

J_Paco
07-25-2018, 03:25 AM

Well said.

Unfortunately, both parties came out of all this with egg on their face.

Time for the fanbase to do like the organization and just move on. We'll never find the true culprit or reason behind all this unless Leonard (not likely) or the Spurs (even less likely) spill the tea.

It won't happen and the Spurs need to learn whatever lesson they can from this debacle (just like with Rodman in '95).

r0drig0lac
07-25-2018, 05:31 AM

Kawhi wanted to leave. First it was mismanagement of his injury, but then we found out his doctors were in control since before training camp last season. Then it was him feeling disrespected by the organization and how they made him look to the media. Then it was the so-called, "ambush players only meeting" that offended him.
There is also the lack of knowledge the Spurs have on how to treat modern day athletes. We've also heard it's because San Antonio is a small market, which caused him to lose on out on bigger endorsement deals such as a larger shoe deal with Jordan. Now it's something someone in the organization said that hurt his feelings. So which is it?

It's none of those. This guy wanted out of San Antonio period and just looked for excuses to justify his behavior last season. He hasn't even spoken about it. He didn't wanna meet with Pop. He didn't return David's call. That's what someone does when they don't want to face the music. Someone who doesn't have the balls to just come out and say I don't want to be here.
word

cutewizard
07-25-2018, 05:53 AM
You mean ma'am?

--------------------------

Is "she......?"

spursfaninla
07-25-2018, 08:21 AM
kori ellis, originator and owner of the forum with her husband Timvp, is a she, yes.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/1156306

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-25-2018, 10:52 AM
kori ellis, originator and owner of the forum with her husband Timvp, is a she, yes.

:lol TParks :lol

SpursBig3s
07-25-2018, 12:07 PM

LMAO:lol just stop lol. Simmons had like 4 good games in the playoffs, and 3 of them were against the Warriors when they knew only person they had to remotely pay attention to was LMA. Simmons wasn’t even on their stratosphere of things to be concerned about. He has good athletic ability and that’s about where it all ends. There’s a reason why he was 26/27 yrs old still in the g-league. He couldn’t hold a 40yr old Manu’s jockstrap, nor Danny’s. Christ almighty look at what he’s doing in Orlando... NOTHING

SpursBig3s
07-25-2018, 12:09 PM

This x1000. These dudes have a couple good games and their the 2nd coming of T-Mac and DJ. Lol, these fools were in the g-league for a reason. They’re not that good

SpursWoman
07-25-2018, 12:19 PM

I met my husband here to, btw ... lol FOURTEEN years ago. :wow

Fun article ... not sure how I missed it. Thanks for posting that. :)

Emperor
07-25-2018, 12:26 PM
Spurstalk Cupid. That's freakin awesome :toast

San Antonio Slayer
07-25-2018, 12:33 PM
This x1000. These dudes have a couple good games and their the 2nd coming of T-Mac and DJ. Lol, these fools were in the g-league for a reason. They’re not that good
are you serious? they played way better when given more playing time even on those shitty teams.

rjv
07-25-2018, 12:33 PM
Yeah, they were really keeping Kawhi's wild, over the top personality in check.

Stifling it.

not to mention how autocratic they were in paying him 20 mil.

SpursBig3s
07-25-2018, 12:44 PM
are you serious? they played way better when given more playing time even on those shitty teams.

Played better with more minutes? They’re getting that I. Atlanta and Orlando and they still suck. Look at their numbers. They’re trash. And I liked both guys. They are nothing more than 7th-9th best players on a team. At best. Role players

offset formation
07-25-2018, 12:52 PM

Do you know who and just cannot say or you dont know who supposedly hurt his feelers?

offset formation
07-25-2018, 12:53 PM

Boom.

offset formation
07-25-2018, 12:57 PM

Tbh.

offset formation
07-25-2018, 01:12 PM

He's a cucked asshat.

pad300
07-25-2018, 01:25 PM
End of story?

Patty Mills and Pau Gasol are role players too. They got paid, two $50M deals.

But the Spurs couldn't pay a DD contract? So funny.

OK, you need to educate your stupid ass on how the CBA works.
That is exactly how the CBA works you moron!

The spurs were operating above the salary cap that summer, with no capspace. They could pay Mills because they had his BIRD RIGHTS, and thus had an exception. They could pay Pau using the NON-BIRD rights, allowing them match up to his previous contract + 20%. They could NOT pay Dedmon $7.2 because they only had his NON-BIRD rights (same as Pau), and his previous contract was for $2.868 Million ( 120% of which is $3.477 Million << $7.2 Million).

As a public statement, anyone who wants to debate NBA roster decision needs to understand the CBA and how it works. Doing otherwise is completely wasting everyone's time, and proves that you are a Shit Stupid Ignorant Asshole...

objective
07-25-2018, 02:37 PM
OK, you need to educate your stupid ass on how the CBA works.
That is exactly how the CBA works you moron!

The spurs were operating above the salary cap that summer, with no capspace. They could pay Mills because they had his BIRD RIGHTS, and thus had an exception. They could pay Pau using the NON-BIRD rights, allowing them match up to his previous contract + 20%. They could NOT pay Dedmon $7.2 because they only had his NON-BIRD rights (same as Pau), and his previous contract was for $2.868 Million ( 120% of which is $3.477 Million << $7.2 Million).

As a public statement, anyone who wants to debate NBA roster decision needs to understand the CBA and how it works. Doing otherwise is completely wasting everyone's time, and proves that you are a Shit Stupid Ignorant Asshole...

Not that I care about Dedmon, but they did only operate as an over the cap team by choice.

They were in position to get up to what, $30 million in space to get Chris Paul if they stretched Parker? I don't remember the specifics of all the options available to them, but they were going to be able to pay Dedmon if they valued him like Chris Paul. They were set to have the cap room.

But it probably would have meant renouncing Pau and probably Mills (I'd have to check) but the machinations involved with Pau opting out probably made renouncing him risky.

SpursDynasty85
07-25-2018, 03:13 PM
Not that I care about Dedmon, but they did only operate as an over the cap team by choice.

They were in position to get up to what, $30 million in space to get Chris Paul if they stretched Parker? I don't remember the specifics of all the options available to them, but they were going to be able to pay Dedmon if they valued him like Chris Paul. They were set to have the cap room.

But it probably would have meant renouncing Pau and probably Mills (I'd have to check) but the machinations involved with Pau opting out probably made renouncing him risky.

Bro. Pau declined his player option to help the Spurs. You can't just renounce him after that. Its loyalty like that is what brings in solid vets like Belli, Gay, D west, Diaw, etc... overall I would've liked to see Dedmon and Simmons but they had their own agenda and wanted something different in the end. They are meant to be on teams that will lose more than the Spurs because Spurs do things differently.

Of course they're not going to value those guys like CP3 but honestly CP3 was not really worth it. He wants max money at his age and injury history. In the end it screwed the Rockets. They have one more year of solid CP3 play imo and they will be paying him max money for 3'4 years. Not worth it.

exstatic
07-25-2018, 03:52 PM

:lmao Stretch Parker to keep Deadman and The Mattress.

TD 21
07-25-2018, 05:15 PM
I'll never understand the God-like complexes that Sports writers/journalists have & I can tell Lowe's has increased markedly over the past 3 or 4 years. Even down here, some of their ego's are out of control, you would think they're as irreplaceable as the athletes themselves.

I can recall at least 2 podcasts with Nichols, where she cut him off and he had the gall to say without a hint of sarcasm, "can I speak on my podcast?" Didn't even attempt to play it off as half joking.

NBA coverage in this era is mostly pathetic. A bunch of arrogant, biased snobs, who incessantly kiss certain teams ass (Warriors and to a lesser extent, Rockets, Celtics, Raptors, Thunder, 76ers, Jazz). The constant praising/defending of the Warriors in particular, is disgusting.

Lowe is a low integrity fool on this sort of stuff, but he's not alone. The entire blogboy media intelligencia are clowns

On the Dunc'd On Podcast, those guys flipped so hard it was disgusting. For the last 2 years they went on and on about how the Spurs couldn't even compete with Golden State, that Kawhi wasn't good enough.

Then on their trade reaction podcast they said something like, paraphrasing ... ___---- "Kawhi AND Green? That's a monster defensively, they can compete with Golden State" ----

WTF? They didn't even go into any reason the rest of the roster was so much more equipped to beat GS. It was as simple as "Kawhi and Green = beating Golden State". They would laugh at the idea of Kawhi and Green against Golden State for months.

A lot of them worship at the Lowe altar though, so once he became anti Spurs 2 years ago, his followers inevitably obliged.

This wasn't a championship caliber team either way. The only thing that's changed is, they no longer have a conceivable path to being one and won't until they luck into another superstar, like every other franchise in this league.

TimmyBuckets
07-25-2018, 09:32 PM
Listened to this a few times and tbh dont think Lowe is being anti-spurs here. He's just saying Spurs are confident in their abilty to turn lower end draft picks into Allstars, as they should be.

Its tough for me to believe (and I really think thats what comes down to) that Kawhi would do anything for his team b/c of the way he behaved (or didn't). This entire year revolved around Kawhi 's effect on the team. He did not communicate well enough with players hence the meeting and was responsible not only for intial leaks (his camp =him) but also the mental burden of players on the team playing without him and always wondering if he would or wouldnt play, which is unfair obv to everyone but especially to Manu who could've just retited and been with his family and tony who fought to get back.

MannyIsGod
07-26-2018, 07:02 PM
I agree, I listened to it today and it actually didn't come across as anti Spur at all.

cutewizard
07-26-2018, 07:51 PM

:bobo

SAGirl
07-26-2018, 08:22 PM

IMO, all this Simmons and Dedmon storyline is made up. While they were in the Spurs there wasn’t a peep heard or rumored about them being locker room cancers. Then all of a sudden, a whole year after and some Kawhi drama that’s inexplicable, their names get dragged into this.

The team meeting happened without them. They were not in the team the last whole year. Fans are just speculating and making stuff up at this point... Grasping at straws bc no one really knows what happened.

Dingle Barry
07-27-2018, 01:34 AM
Sorry, the way Lowe phrased it. You could tell he wanted to say the Spurs were "arrogant" in their way of thinking. He's said as much the last few weeks.

I listened to it and didn't take it that way. He even said the Spurs have earned the right to have the confidence or something like that.

r0drig0lac
07-27-2018, 05:11 AM
IMO, all this Simmons and Dedmon storyline is made up. While they were in the Spurs there wasn’t a peep heard or rumored about them being locker room cancers. Then all of a sudden, a whole year after and some Kawhi drama that’s inexplicable, their names get dragged into this.

The team meeting happened without them. They were not in the team the last whole year. Fans are just speculating and making stuff up at this point... Grasping at straws bc no one really knows what happened.

fair

Seventyniner
07-27-2018, 09:49 AM
I agree, I listened to it today and it actually didn't come across as anti Spur at all.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!

superbigtime
07-27-2018, 04:06 PM
Holt said TD shoulda been FMVP and Kawhi couldn't handle that.

T Park
07-28-2018, 07:20 PM

Pop was so lucky with Tim but there is just one Tim Duncan. The Spurs should know it and keep "toxic" Kawhi on the team, like Phil could handle MJ and Kobe.

you just have zero clue how it works. MJ wasn't "Toxic" he was a leader who took no shit and ran things.
Same with Lebron. Kawhi is just a whining little bastard who made things awful and his family trying to be big shots damn near ruined the team.

You not wanting to deal with that, is a you issue. Sorry.

RC_Drunkford
05-26-2019, 09:04 AM

bump

Uriel
05-26-2019, 07:27 PM

:depressed

DPG21920
05-27-2019, 02:58 PM
:lol I will do anything for you in this room....except show up, support you or communicate with you. The fact that his teammates had to ask him what was up shows the bs that was going on

RC_Drunkford
05-27-2019, 03:03 PM
:lol I will do anything for you in this room....except show up, support you or communicate with you. The fact that his teammates had to ask him what was up shows the bs that was going on

I don't even believe he said that. From what I recall that was the NOLA game and his team leaked reports to the media that he will be back. It was also team photo day.