PDA

View Full Version : Republicans deal with "Dem garbage"

RandomGuy
07-26-2018, 04:04 PM
That will show those people not to vote Democrat.

-----------------------------------------------

New Emails Show Michigan Republicans Plotting to Gerrymander Maps
WASHINGTON — Newly disclosed emails show Michigan Republicans angling to give their party a dominant position through gerrymandered maps and celebrating the plight of their Democratic rivals.

Republicans in the state have denied that they sought partisan gain when they drew new legislative boundaries in 2011. But a federal lawsuit, which argues the maps are unconstitutional, has unearthed records showing Republicans intent on drawing boundaries that would help their party.

The emails, disclosed in a filing on Monday, boast of concentrating “Dem garbage” into four of the five southeast Michigan districts that Democrats now control, and of packing African-Americans into a metropolitan Detroit House district. One email likened a fingerlike extension they created in one Democratic district map to an obscene gesture toward its congressman, Representative Sander M. Levin.

“Perfect. It’s giving the finger to Sandy Levin,” the author of the message wrote. “I love it.”

"Michigan is frequently a battleground state in statewide and national elections, divided evenly between the two major parties. But the Republican Legislature controlled redistricting after population data from the 2010 census became available, and the 14-member House delegation is split lopsidedly between nine Republican seats and five Democratic ones"

“In a glorious way that makes it easier to cram ALL of the Dem garbage in Wayne, Washtenaw, Oakland and Macomb counties into only four districts. Is there anyone on our side who doesn’t recognize that dynamic?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/25/us/michigan-gerrymandering.html

RandomGuy
07-30-2018, 04:44 PM
wow, nuthin?

Chris
07-30-2018, 04:49 PM
Blue state (for now) issues. Not surprised you are blaming the Republicans for your own mess, that's your M.O.

DMC
07-30-2018, 04:50 PM
wow, nuthin?

Wow, all these sites you visit and no one here gives two shits. :lol Shocking!

RandomGuy
07-31-2018, 11:15 AM
Wow, all these sites you visit and no one here gives two shits. :lol Shocking!

Stupid mother fuckers like you would be screaming bloody murder if Democrats were doing this to Republicans.

Sort of adds to my thesis about the right being morally bankrupt.

Luckily, the Democratic party is a bit more idealistic and moral than their Republican counterparts. No Democrat I know thinks we should do the same, and many come out against things like this, unlike the Republic "win by any means necessary" party.

DMC
08-01-2018, 12:58 AM
:cry my repository belch didn't draw any attention!

spurraider21
08-01-2018, 01:20 AM
wow, nuthin?
no. you're repetitive.

republicans are poopyheads!

RandomGuy
08-01-2018, 12:10 PM
no. you're repetitive.

republicans are poopyheads!

Sure.

Why is that?

What would truly objective coverage of a really shitty political practice look like?