PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: where y'all see the spurs this year?

dfens
07-29-2018, 04:41 PM
minuses across the board:
- lost both kawahwi and danny green (underrated piece tbh), porker (20 mins a game of production).
- Need to integrate a spineless bricklayer in derozan.
- most pieces are one year older (mvpau, manu, gay, bellineli)
- west got stronger

looking like a rough year and the cherry on top is kawaw coming back west in '19. At least you'll bandwagon the lakers vs gsw or houston :lol

dbestpro
07-29-2018, 06:09 PM
Poeltl, DeRozan, Marco, and Cunningham averaged 47. pts, KL, Parker, Anderson, Green, and Lauvergne averaged 44.5 ppg.

That's 4 new guys who averaged more ppg than the 5 old guys even if you add KLs numbers even though he played only 9 games. Drop KLs numbers from the list and the Spurs number wise look like a huge improvement. Bottom line, you can't win if you don't put the ball in the basket.

Chris
07-29-2018, 07:14 PM
Spurs were 50–16 without Leonard. We will be fine. We will see some of Pop's finest coaching especially against Toronto.

Bynumite
07-29-2018, 07:39 PM
Treadmill team incapable of attracting or keeping top tier talent tbh imho.

In all honesty, Spurs should be tanking and rebuilding instead of desperately fighting for 1st round exits.

Blow it up. It's over. Cuck and autist are not walking through that door.

apalisoc_9
07-29-2018, 08:08 PM

In all honesty, Spurs should be tanking and rebuilding instead of desperately fighting for 1st round exits.

Agreed.

baseline bum
07-29-2018, 08:43 PM
I'm guessing 45-53 wins and maybe winning a round in the playoffs if they're a 4 or 5 seed.

pookenstein
07-30-2018, 04:26 AM
They'll land somewhere in between 2 and 6 if the stay healthy. For them to end second in the West they'll have to play a near perfect RS and Melo has to cancer up Houston. They'll be third or fourth if Houston plays well and the Spurs play a good RS. Maybe a team like Utha lands in front of them, or the Lakers, if their role players overachieve and guys like Ingram/Ball/Kuzma make the next step.

Othyus Lalanne
07-30-2018, 12:40 PM

I am so used to winning i might have to root for another team for a year. Too bad the Grizz are not what they were.

DMC
07-30-2018, 05:11 PM

:lol That 2nd sentence totally contradicts the 1st.
:lol Can't attract or keep talent but should blow it up
:lol today's yesterday's trolls

DeadlyDynasty
07-31-2018, 11:06 AM
Unexpectedly great regular season followed by a possible berth in the WCSF in the playoffs

Xevious
07-31-2018, 10:42 PM
Second round. Tops.

But with a better regular season record since the Kawhi distraction is good and god damn well gone.

DMC
08-01-2018, 01:02 AM
Injury plagued season, likely miss the playoffs.

Spurtacular
08-01-2018, 05:07 PM
Debating whether I want to keep/cancel my Spurs package, tbh. $139 for a mediocre team or whatever they're charging this year. Think I will.

valleybeyond
08-01-2018, 06:24 PM

easier said than done- losing teams are a financial nightmare (and that's assuming you're in a big media market). + the fact that the upcoming draft class (possibly 2) are incredibly weak. yeah, they'll treadmill, but its the fate of the small market unless they find another kawhi at #15.

the true solution might look something like restructuring the draft to reward improvement as compared to the prior season (and adjusting for current talent on the team- i.e. if you house x number of all stars, x number of mvps, x all NBA er's, you are excluded from having a lottery pick, or something similar)

spurraider21
08-01-2018, 07:36 PM
kawhi didnt even play, so compared to last year, we didnt lose him. we have last years squad and replaced fathead with derozan.

they'll easily be north of 50 wins

weebo
08-01-2018, 08:51 PM
Lakers are gonna suck dick. :lol