PDA

View Full Version : Shots Fired? Is Dejounte Murray referencing KAWHI?

galala
08-11-2018, 10:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/9K9r50T.jpg

dabom
08-11-2018, 11:06 PM
Yes it is. :worthy:

superbigtime
08-11-2018, 11:07 PM
whoa

Dverde
08-11-2018, 11:09 PM
https://img-cdn.brainberries.co/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/crazy-facts-that-will-make-you-say-no-way-02.jpg

dabom
08-11-2018, 11:09 PM
Also OP, stop posting from your instagram. :tu

Chinook
08-11-2018, 11:11 PM
DeJounte bringing that hammer. I wonder if this Kawhi incident will lead to PATFO loosening up their "culture" a bit and not automatically trying to curtail this type of bad blood.

Leetonidas
08-11-2018, 11:14 PM
Definitely a shot at Leonard's bitch ass tbh

spursparker9
08-11-2018, 11:16 PM
DJ with the swag...

Will be all-star this season!

TekXX
08-11-2018, 11:24 PM
The players know the truth and are under less pressure to be diplomatic like Pop. Call a spade a spade.

LakerHater
08-11-2018, 11:24 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkKkhJhV4AAJAuO?format=jpg

cd98
08-11-2018, 11:29 PM
Kawhi is a superstar, he will be great in Toronto, even though I’m no longer one of his fans.

JakeCuenca
08-11-2018, 11:33 PM
Get that Nephew.

I bet you're shaking on your boots at the thought of facing our Superstar Derozan and offensive Juggernaut Murray.

Murray is gonna beast next year with his shooting and tight handles. Watch out nephew.

SouthTexasRancher
08-11-2018, 11:34 PM
He is and good for Dejounte. He's going to be the next leader of this team.

As for as the Kawhitter, he can go to hell and take his goofy ass uncle with him.

spurs10
08-11-2018, 11:35 PM
Yes I can't imagine what else he'd be talking about. Glad he's not a kwitter.
:flag:

hooperflash
08-11-2018, 11:35 PM
El Sobrino

Reck
08-11-2018, 11:38 PM
I hope these Spurs actually worry about winning games instead of taking shots at a known quitter.

DMC
08-11-2018, 11:59 PM
Kawhi will eat him alive and he'll be like "no it wasn't about Kawhi... ya'll don't even know"

loveforthegame
08-12-2018, 12:06 AM
Apparently it wasnt about Leonard.

TheRemix
08-12-2018, 12:12 AM
Then why say all that? Why else would he say "forfeit" and "with us or against us" the PR team probably had a talk with Dijon and now he's trying to spin it

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-12-2018, 12:22 AM
Spur Stalk tbh

DJR210
08-12-2018, 02:32 AM
Well.. He said Kawhi is his "brother" - the post said he wants to get back with his "bruthas".. Subtle jab stands :tu

He's also claiming Kawhi is happy.

John B
08-12-2018, 03:10 AM
I like it. With the departure of Tony, Green, Kawhi, that should earn him the respect of his teammates as one of the more vocal leaders of this team. :flag:

phxspurfan
08-12-2018, 04:32 AM
Good on DJ but Kawhi would shit on him on the court

-21-
08-12-2018, 04:44 AM
You know, I like how DJ has been working his ass off in the gym and all but he gets kinda annoying with all these instagram posts. Especially when his grammar is a mess. Why did he have to put an apostrophe in BRUTHAS? :lol

Who cares, I guess. I can look past it as long as he keeps improving on the court. :lol

james evans
08-12-2018, 04:57 AM
Apparently it wasnt about Leonard.

Welp this just crushed every heart on the forum lol

Spurtacular
08-12-2018, 05:06 AM
Backin' down before a ball even bounces. DM the dabom of basketball players. :lmao

SpursDynasty85
08-12-2018, 08:31 AM
Lol. he is trying to act tough and make headlines tbh. I worry he is going down the wrong path too. Signed with LBJ agency and posts a lot of risky pics and silly things online with his gf. But at his age, I probably would've done the same thing. Hope his family and gf are really good people.

Dancer
08-12-2018, 08:37 AM
Damn Dejounte seems to be ready to prove the league wrong bout the spurs

Dverde
08-12-2018, 08:37 AM
The players rarely call each out in public. I get the vibe that Murray wasn’t feeling the Kawhi drama, but he knows better than to make it public. He seems like boys with LMA and TP.

tmtcsc
08-12-2018, 10:17 AM
With his Brutha's what? :lol Pesky grammar.

TheGreatYacht
08-12-2018, 10:44 AM
Spurs have an ass beating coming to them Jan 3rd :lol ....

iGetbuckets
08-12-2018, 10:54 AM
With his Brutha's what? :lol Pesky grammar.

Slang my guy

cd021
08-12-2018, 11:11 AM
I hope these Spurs actually worry about winning games instead of taking shots at a known quitter.

They can do both, also, fuck Kawhi.

tmtcsc
08-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Slang my guy

I know Brutha is slang. Adding the - 's - denotes possession.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5688762e9cadb68804a4d2ce/t/5756b1f7e707eb20ecf222fc/1465299458244/?format=750w

For the record, the gif below of the sexy bookworm type has nothing to do with anything. I found it searching for Alex Trebek & Jeopardy & thought I'd share.

https://i.4pcdn.org/tv/1503881023046.gif

SAGirl
08-12-2018, 11:44 AM
... he said it wasn't about Kawhi? basically it's about nothing then. lol

daslicer
08-12-2018, 11:46 AM
... he said it wasn't about Kawhi? basically it's about nothing then. lol

Yeah it was pretty retarded. I think it was actually about Kawhi then Dejounte backtracked.

SAGirl
08-12-2018, 11:48 AM
Yeah it was pretty retarded. I think it was actually about Kawhi then Dejounte backtracked.
not leadership material right this moment if that is the case.

Have to be able to stand behind what you said. He's still very immature.

Ruler
08-12-2018, 11:57 AM
I know Brutha is slang. Adding the - 's - denotes possession.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5688762e9cadb68804a4d2ce/t/5756b1f7e707eb20ecf222fc/1465299458244/?format=750w

For the record, the gif below of the sexy bookworm type has nothing to do with anything. I found it searching for Alex Trebek & Jeopardy & thought I'd share.

https://i.4pcdn.org/tv/1503881023046.gif
Thanks for the last gif. It looks just like the girl I was with for a little while. Gaw dayum she was a freak

DJM grammar isnt too bad. It could be a lot worse. Plus he's on his phone, just like me when I use the internet. I don't really use proper grammar, I don't think many people do. No reason to be a nazi anyways.

KDKSpurs24
08-12-2018, 12:26 PM

Probably wrong but it could be somewhat about how the media is disrespecting the Spurs future record and stuff. Doubt it but it’s a possibility

daslicer
08-12-2018, 12:30 PM

Agreed 100 percent.

Maddog
08-12-2018, 02:14 PM

Agreed 100 percent.

I agree,
But there have been some moments.
Like when he waved Pop off to calm down LMA.

anon
08-12-2018, 02:25 PM
His bravado definitely assures more converted 3PA and assists from him for year 3.

D-Robinson 50 fan
08-12-2018, 02:32 PM
I just hope the young man can translate his shooting he has showed in practice and the summer games to real NBA games. I really hope he takes the next step as a player but I have my doubts about him.

anon
08-12-2018, 02:40 PM
Shots and Dejounte in a sentence is funny for me right now. Retire that impression and make me take you seriously, franchise hero.

Coach X
08-12-2018, 05:43 PM

Making mistakes is part of the learning process. Walker will make a mess here and there as well. It's ok as long as they keep the right track. These two are open, communicative, self-confident guys. These are very good leadership skills if you learn how to use them in your favor.
I think we all have had enough of silent, introverted, unloyal no-leadership.

Number 2
08-12-2018, 06:43 PM
DJ is a potential headcase

BackHome
08-12-2018, 06:47 PM

Mans TheGreatShit does love himself some Ass Wipping I mean beating :spin

BackHome
08-12-2018, 06:49 PM
Fuck Kawhi and his Ass wipers let Murray be a man and just tell it like it is. The Truth Shall Set You Free

bic50
08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Definitely a shot at Leonard's bitch ass tbh
Actually it wasn't. Stay mad tho

bic50
08-12-2018, 07:50 PM
Fuck Kawhi and his Ass wipers let Murray be a man and just tell it like it is. The Truth Shall Set You Free
You're still crying tho

hooperflash
08-12-2018, 08:02 PM
tho
tho

TDMVPDPOY
08-12-2018, 08:35 PM
he going to look stupid like the rest if he keeps calling out that dumbkent and not backing it up on game day...

let ur game do the talking, stop with the social media mind games..

noles1983
08-12-2018, 08:37 PM
People read way too much into social media posts...

sasaint
08-12-2018, 09:02 PM
His bravado definitely assures more converted 3PA and assists from him for year 3.

:lol

Carlos Signs
08-12-2018, 09:09 PM
What up yall? Im newish to these boards. Signed up a while back but didn't really post. Excited bout these Spurs and think we'll surprise some people. Hoping for the 3 seed when its all said and done. Also, Kawhi's a punk. GSG

cutewizard
08-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Just DUNK it boy

Make it last with your gf, tbh

ThaBigFundamental21
08-12-2018, 09:34 PM

I always knew you were a fuck up. xxxtenacion? Fitting.

Walter Donovan
08-12-2018, 10:02 PM
Pretty sure DJ is referring to Danny Green, but take it for what you will.

TheGreatYacht
08-12-2018, 10:05 PM
I always knew you were a fuck up. xxxtenacion? Fitting.
Would Johnny Cash have been better? Old fuck

BackHome
08-12-2018, 10:19 PM
You're still crying tho

Tears of joy man tears of joy :spin

SwansonInSibagat
08-12-2018, 10:33 PM
Certainly sounded like it was meant for Leonard. Notice some of the guys being more open about the whole snafu lately, since at least the trade had gone down. Gay and even Green have been both forthcoming.

This seems like a case of the Spurs PR police clamping down per usual.

spurs10
08-13-2018, 12:01 AM
Certainly sounded like it was meant for Leonard. Notice some of the guys being more open about the whole snafu lately, since at least the trade had gone down. Gay and even Green have been both forthcoming.

This seems like a case of the Spurs PR police clamping down per usual. Where is Sibagat? Welcome to the board! Your post made me think about the over-all view his teammates had about him throughout last year's trying season. I certainly changed my tune once it became clear that Kawhi had no intention of returning, well or not, for this season. It's hard for me to believe he'll have a lot of sympathy throughout the league. He got paid $19 million, and if the rumors of avoiding the team at all cost are true, he was real bad news at a time when Pop was going through some unbelievably tough stuff. I'm thinking Kawhi is thought of by many like he is thought of here. All that being said, I'm really glad his drama is gone and we can move along. This new year will be exciting.

In the last 20 years we are the most winning team in all team sports. Of the twenty NBA titles, we won five of them. Pretty badass by any measure.
:flag:

Spurs da champs
08-13-2018, 12:03 AM
DeJounte bringing that hammer. I wonder if this Kawhi incident will lead to PATFO loosening up their "culture" a bit and not automatically trying to curtail this type of bad blood.

Definitely, also think Pop being team USA coach will help him realize how to deal with today's players.

gospursgojas
08-13-2018, 01:19 AM
At least he’s not a mute who lets other grown men speak for him.

Skoobz
08-13-2018, 01:56 AM
Who gives two fucks fwiw tbh.

SwansonInSibagat
08-13-2018, 02:10 AM
Where is Sibagat? Welcome to the board! Your post made me think about the over-all view his teammates had about him throughout last year's trying season. I certainly changed my tune once it became clear that Kawhi had no intention of returning, well or not, for this season. It's hard for me to believe he'll have a lot of sympathy throughout the league. He got paid $19 million, and if the rumors of avoiding the team at all cost are true, he was real bad news at a time when Pop was going through some unbelievably tough stuff. I'm thinking Kawhi is thought of by many like he is thought of here. All that being said, I'm really glad his drama is gone and we can move along. This new year will be exciting.

In the last 20 years we are the most winning team in all team sports. Of the twenty NBA titles, we won five of them. Pretty badass by any measure.
:flag: Just a dusty little barrio in the Philippine South. :)

And you're right. Notwithstanding all the whining around here, the organization's done pretty well in the last 3 to 4 years when they're supposed to be on the decline already, with the past year/offseason being the absolute nadir. I'm pumped up for this season and the years to come!

Daghang salamat for the warm welcome! :tongue:tongue

StinkyWeezleteats
08-13-2018, 08:02 AM
Get em Marlon Wayans!

Truth4sale$
08-13-2018, 08:16 AM
Dejounte is talking a lot of shit for a guy who has not even has averaged 10pts/8 assist as a starting point guard over a full season. Talk is Cheap. Posting smack on the internet, Shooting jumpers in a empty gym and running down a street is easy. Dejounte should shutup and let his game do the talking instead of creating bulletin board material. Last year his offense was silent when we needed to see that loud and clear.

KDKSpurs24
08-13-2018, 10:20 AM
Dejounte is talking a lot of shit for a guy who has not even has averaged 10pts/8 assist as a starting point guard over a full season. Talk is Cheap. Posting smack on the internet, Shooting jumpers in a empty gym and running down a street is easy. Dejounte should shutup and let his game do the talking instead of creating bulletin board material. Last year his offense was silent when we needed to see that loud and clear.
Somewhat true. But if you think about it, he’s already on a similar trajectory as Leonard in the development process. And Kawhi has more playing time to improve. Kawhi was finals MVP at the end of year 3. Spurs may not get to the finals for him to achieve that but I’m just saying he could be at that same level possibly with enough opportunities. If you really think about it, you barely name another player in the league that talks as much as he does with his current level. I see that as a good thing. Why? Because he has extreme confidence in himself. Combine that with him buying in to the great Spurs development process and it’s almost a sure bet to see great results. Just wait and see.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-13-2018, 10:26 AM
Spurs PR got ahold of DM. He was calling his shot, no doubt...which I appreciate.

daslicer
08-13-2018, 10:40 AM
Somewhat true. But if you think about it, he’s already on a similar trajectory as Leonard in the development process. And Kawhi has more playing time to improve. Kawhi was finals MVP at the end of year 3. Spurs may not get to the finals for him to achieve that but I’m just saying he could be at that same level possibly with enough opportunities. If you really think about it, you barely name another player in the league that talks as much as he does with his current level. I see that as a good thing. Why? Because he has extreme confidence in himself. Combine that with him buying in to the great Spurs development process and it’s almost a sure bet to see great results. Just wait and see.

I have said for a while that he has the same type of arrogance that Kobe had when Kobe was young. If he works hard and combined with that arrogance then there is a huge chance he will succeed.

dbestpro
08-13-2018, 10:45 AM
Fan perspective of Murray is right on par with how it was for Parker in the beginning. Those who want White as PG are just like the group that thought Beno should start over Parker. In a few years we will laugh at how history repeats itself, but no one will acknowledge that they were for White over Murray, just like they don't with Beno over Parker.

rjv
08-13-2018, 11:10 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpdF9NUacRgBP_GFFqHTWFc5owPRaES vThJKNbIK_4k7MXUrJx

TimmyBuckets
08-13-2018, 11:22 AM
This is the social media era and DJ is a young buck. This is a valid way to communicate and, as a fan, I love it. DJ really drew me in last year when he put his arm out and basically told Pop "fuck off, I got this" after the LMA v. Ibaka situation. I absolutely loved that. He took control, which is a great sign of leadership. He's clearly not afraid to be vocal, and even though his game isn't there yet, he seems to be putting in the work. If its a shot at Kawhi, then good for DJ, and the mute retard can suck a nut.

NameLess Scrub
08-13-2018, 07:56 PM
This is the social media era and DJ is a young buck. This is a valid way to communicate and, as a fan, I love it. DJ really drew me in last year when he put his arm out and basically told Pop "fuck off, I got this" after the LMA v. Ibaka situation. I absolutely loved that. He took control, which is a great sign of leadership. He's clearly not afraid to be vocal, and even though his game isn't there yet, he seems to be putting in the work. If its a shot at Kawhi, then good for DJ, and the mute retard can suck a nut.

So basically Kawhi can go be a chipmunk

Truth4sale$
08-14-2018, 07:12 AM

I am extremely glad that Dejounte is confident in his abilities, but he has not proven anything at this point. Yes, 2nd team defense is great but he is a 6'5 point guard with a 6'10 wingspan, he has physical gifts he should be able to defend guards with ease.
He cant take a shot at anybody and their play or effort until he has taken his game to the next level. Otherwise he is simply a critic like a backseat driver or monday morning quarterback. Especially when he has so many flaws still. I love he wants to be vocal, but leadership is not necessarily criticism(adversaries or teammates).
The next level is not just scoring, its game recognition(basketball IQ-film study), its being a coach on the floor and making plays, and getting guys in position to make their own play. I truly look forward to see him play with no clear challenger on the roster. (tony parker not D.White or Mills.) Will he rise or be a comfortable without Parker over his shoulder.

Othyus Lalanne
08-14-2018, 01:59 PM
Then why say all that? Why else would he say "forfeit" and "with us or against us" the PR team probably had a talk with Dijon and now he's trying to spin it

Because the Spurs don't fucking tank like other teams that's why.

TheGreatYacht
08-14-2018, 03:04 PM
Delonte is at the Lakers training facility right now (just posted it on his IG moment) lol

Kawhi is probably teaching him how to flourish in this ISOball system tbh

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-14-2018, 03:07 PM
Fan perspective of Murray is right on par with how it was for Parker in the beginning. Those who want White as PG are just like the group that thought Beno should start over Parker. In a few years we will laugh at how history repeats itself, but no one will acknowledge that they were for White over Murray, just like they don't with Beno over Parker.

i have a bad case of the What If’s in regard to Beno

Bad Takes
08-14-2018, 03:16 PM
Delonte is at the Lakers training facility right now (just posted it on his IG moment) lol

Kawhi is probably teaching him how to flourish in this ISOball system tbh

Well, well, well, if if isn't my favorite poster.