PDA

View Full Version : Official 2018-2019 "I PREDICT" thread

JPB
08-13-2018, 04:54 PM
Now that Backandforth has been sent to Siberia and we have a clearer idea of what next year's roster will be, it's time to put whatever you have on the table and make your predictions for 2018-2019 so eveybody can laugh at you at the end of the season...

Rules :

- you have 5 predictions to make. 2 about players season, 2 about the team's season and one wild card about whatever the hell you want spurs or NBA.

- you have one anti-embarassment potion you can use for a risky take that could bring you praise but also potentialy major embarassment (e.g : "Joff is the best addition of the off-season). Just put "AEP" before the prediction.

Disclaimer : potions are powerful but we don't guarantee 100% immunity. There's nothing that will protect you against "Patty will be an all-star".

JPB
08-13-2018, 04:55 PM
Here are mine :

- Demar will have a good but not great season. Not all-star.

- (AEP) Jak will end the season as a starter.

- Post season berths will be hard fought like this year and spurs will fight for 4-8.

- Spurs will be suprinsingly good against top teams (and may stuggle vs. lottery ones)

- Danny will (should, mofos) be cheered for his return in SA should get a video tribute.

TimmyBuckets
08-13-2018, 05:13 PM
Here are mine :

- Demar will have a good but not great season. Not all-star.

- (AEP) Jak will end the season as a starter.

- Post season berths will be hard fought like this year and spurs will fight for 4-8.

- Spurs will be suprinsingly good against top teams (and may stuggle vs. lottery ones)

- Danny will (should, mofos) be cheered for his return in SA should get a video tribute.

Hell yes. Give the man his due. Throw in some highlights when he broke Ray Allen's 3 pt record, his and 1 against HOU in playoffs 2 seasons ago, and a buncha other hustle plays. Sad to see DG go. Great character. Great Spur.

Genovaswitness
08-13-2018, 05:27 PM
?PLAYER
-demar will shoot above 35% 3pt this year (was horrific 31% last year)

-mills becomes even more unplayable

?Team
- spurs will be 3-4 seed
- spurs will win season series against the raptors

?wildcard
-pop stops talking about our president

TimmyBuckets
08-13-2018, 05:46 PM
?PLAYER
-demar will shoot above 35% 3pt this year (was horrific 31% last year)

-mills becomes even more unplayable

?Team
- spurs will be 3-4 seed
- spurs will win season series against the raptors

?wildcard
-pop stops talking about our president

Bold prediction.

gambit1990
08-13-2018, 06:24 PM
broke the rules.

player:
demar will be a MIP nominee
melo will win 6th man if he's okay with coming off the bench
kawhi (if healthy) will finish no worse than 2nd in the MVP race

team:
spurs will be noticeably better without tony
okc will be much better than last year

exstatic
08-13-2018, 06:42 PM
55 wins.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-13-2018, 06:52 PM
1. LaMarcus and Demar both score 20ppg And make All Star game, but not 1st team
2. Patty exceeds 10pts, 40%3pt, 2 rebs, 3 assists per game in 23 minutes and plays feisty but ineffective D
3. Spurs get 4 or 5 seed, eliminated in 2nd round
4. Spurs give up more than 101 ppg
5. Kawhi consensus top 3 MVP candidate but doesn’t get it because he plays only 60-65 games

RD2191
08-13-2018, 07:09 PM
LMA will go down early with a serious injury..

DPG21920
08-13-2018, 07:19 PM
Now that Backandforth has been sent to Siberia and we have a clearer idea of what next year's roster will be, it's time to put whatever you have on the table and make your predictions for 2018-2019 so eveybody can laugh at you at the end of the season...

Rules :

- you have 5 predictions to make. 2 about players season, 2 about the team's season and one wild card about whatever the hell you want spurs or NBA.

- you have one anti-embarassment potion you can use for a risky take that could bring you praise but also potentialy major embarassment (e.g : "Joff is the best addition of the off-season). Just put "AEP" before the prediction.

Disclaimer : potions are powerful but we don't guarantee 100% immunity. There's nothing that will protect you against "Patty will be an all-star".

Players:

Murray will shoot 37%+ from 3.
White will shoot 40%+ from 3.

Team:

SA will make a trade before or during the season.
SA will start Jakob Poeltl more than half the games and SAS best 5 man lineup will be Murray, White, DeMar, LMA & Poeltl

Random:

AEP: Lakers improve but miss the playoffs. They win 43-46 games.

BD24
08-13-2018, 08:44 PM
Players:

Murray will shoot 37%+ from 3.
White will shoot 40%+ from 3.

Team:

SA will make a trade before or during the season.
SA will start Jakob Poeltl more than half the games and SAS best 5 man lineup will be Murray, White, DeMar, LMA & Poeltl

Random:

Alot of bold predictions. Would love for most of them to come true. Seems more like wishful thinking than predictions though

offset formation
08-13-2018, 09:56 PM
2 Player Predictions:
LMA has his career best assist numbers
Poeltl has his career best blocks, boards, assists, and pts

2 Team Predictions:
Spurs nab 3rd seed, or higher
Spurs win 55+ games

AEP: By season's end, White emerges as clear future of the franchise, post LMA/DeRozan, with apologies to a young and still learning LWIV.

DPG21920
08-13-2018, 09:56 PM
Alot of bold predictions. Would love for most of them to come true. Seems more like wishful thinking than predictions though

I think the Murray one and Lakers one are the bold ones. White has already proven to be a damn good shooter so don’t think its a stretch.

Murray is the one that has to improve and will be a stretch but I know he’s working hard so I’m putting faith he will see results.

I dont think a trade is all that bold given the unbalanced roster. I also don’t think it’s a stretch that Poeltl earns the starting job and that White/Poeltl end up statistically in the best lineups (even if that lineup doesn’t log the most minutes together).

Lakers is a stretch of a prediction by conventional standards but I truly think they aren’t as good as people make them out to be this year. If Ingram/Kuz make the leap I will end up being very wrong.

Down Under
08-13-2018, 10:02 PM
Poeltl should be taking Gasol's minutes from get-go. He should be the backup Centre & if they want to play 2 bigs it should be him & LMA.

superbigtime
08-13-2018, 10:07 PM
Murray will be 3rd leading scorer
LaMarcus AllStar starter

wildcard AEP: Mills gets traded
2nd wildcard: this is not Manu's last year

Spurs have winning home, winning road, and winning rodeo road trip records and Pop COY (ok maybe that's 3rd AEP!)
Spurs go cold hearted and no video tribute to Danny or to Kawhi

DPG21920
08-13-2018, 10:07 PM
Poeltl should be taking Gasol's minutes from get-go. He should be the backup Centre & if they want to play 2 bigs it should be him & LMA.

As Timvp and others have pointed out, Poeltl is young and still fouls a LOT. I don’t know if he can start right away with that type of fouling. It will be something that has to be worked on.

DMC
08-13-2018, 10:29 PM
Lebron will win RS MVP
Paul George will miss most of the season with an ankle injury

Boston will win 15 straight games
Spurs will finish with 50 wins

AEP: Kawhi Leonard will fold under pressure of being the HOTS

No other Spurs predictions, it's too obvious.

Kori Ellis
08-13-2018, 10:40 PM
LMA will improve on last season's numbers.
Kawhi will miss more than 30 games :stirpot:
Spurs will win 50 games
So will the Lakers
AEP: Celtics will win more games than Warriors

Down Under
08-13-2018, 10:40 PM
As Timvp and others have pointed out, Poeltl is young and still fouls a LOT. I don’t know if he can start right away with that type of fouling. It will be something that has to be worked on.
That's true. Hopefully, like Tiago, he can get it under control in his 3rd season (Tiago was 4.3 per 36, Poeltl 5.0 in their 2nd seasons).

TimmyBuckets
08-13-2018, 10:42 PM
Spurs become 2019 NBA champs. Don't @ me.

SpurSpike
08-13-2018, 11:07 PM
Player
-DeRozan will have a better overall year than Kawhi
-Murray will make people pay for leaving him open at the 3 this year.

Team
-Team opens up with a strong starting record blowing peoples expectations and secures a top 4 spot in the WC
-50+ wins this year

Wild
-Spurs win the championship against the Raptors:makemyday

SPURt
08-13-2018, 11:14 PM
1. Demar is a perfect fit culturally and playing wise having a career year from 3
2. Wild card- DeJounte takes a huge leap forward becoming the second best player on the team
3. Spurs win 55 games
4. Spurs have a top 10 defense
5. Ginobili leaves it all on the field in his final season and gives us one more playoff series to remember.

TimmyBuckets
08-13-2018, 11:24 PM
1. Demar is a perfect fit culturally and playing wise having a career year from 3
2. Wild card- DeJounte takes a huge leap forward becoming the second best player on the team
3. Spurs win 55 games
4. Spurs have a top 10 defense
5. Ginobili leaves it all on the field in his final season and gives us one more playoff series to remember.

DJ better than LMA or DD?

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-13-2018, 11:27 PM
1) DDR goes down with injury
2) LMA is traded
3) Murray doesnt improve
4) Walker plays in D league all season
5) Kiwi leads raptors to ECF
6) Spurs miss playoffs
7) Team moves to Seattle

SPURt
08-14-2018, 12:08 AM
DJ better than LMA or DD?
That’d be good for the spurs and why it’s my wildcard

SPURt
08-14-2018, 12:12 AM
2) LMA is traded
3) Murray doesnt improve
6) Spurs miss playoffs
7) Team moves to Seattle
Glass half full huh?

Kobe'sAchilles
08-14-2018, 12:41 AM
1. Murray makes all NBA D 1st team
2. Demar makes all star team
3. Spurs finish 2nd in the west
4. Golden state doesnt win the title
5 (anti- embarrassment) white closes games out after the rodeo road trip.

skookumchuck
08-14-2018, 01:16 AM
1. White plays less than Forbes again.
2. Bertans makes 200+ 3's.
3. Spurs start the season 30-10 or better.
4. Grizzlies and Lakers finish the season next to each other in the Western standings.
5. Spurs make the Western Finals 2019.

spurs10
08-14-2018, 01:40 AM
Player
Derozan and LMA will both be All-Stars
Murray will shoot almost twice as many 3's as last season and shoot 38%

Team
Will have at least five more RS wins than last season
Will finish no lower than the 6th seed

AEP
Boston will have over 60 wins, win the LOB, and all the world will rejoice.

hooperflash
08-14-2018, 02:52 AM
The HEB Commercials will be funny

TheGreatYacht
08-14-2018, 04:09 AM
The playoffs will not be made for Lonnie. Enjoy the 41yr old chupacabra toss up tons of airballs instead

JPB
08-14-2018, 09:44 AM
Random:

Was tempted to dish the Fakers too but realized it was probably just wishful thinking. Lebron is still Lebron and their young might not be elite, but they're still nice and improving. I can see them struggling tho.

Couldn't help to take a shot at Nephew by mentioning Danny being cheered and honored for his return in comparison to the Flaw.

Seriously, whoever is in the stands next january should just give a massive ovation to Danny everytime he checks in and totally ignore that other guy with big hands.

offset formation
08-14-2018, 10:02 AM
2) LMA is traded
3) Murray doesnt improve
6) Spurs miss playoffs
7) Team moves to Seattle

Nice, get the bad predictions out now. Hex predictions are necessary. Thanks for taking one for the team.

MVPCues
08-14-2018, 10:04 AM
Glass half full huh?

More like glass shattered, shard severed an artery...

StinkyWeezleteats
08-14-2018, 10:19 AM
Players:
1. DR and LMA average 15 & 25 respectively.
2. Murray wins MIP, develops 3 pt stroke.

Team:
1. Spurs will start off slow end up with the 5th seed.
2. Will face the LOLakers in the first round and win in 6, lose in 2nd round.

Wild Card:
1. Nephew won't show up for the game in SA on Jan. 3rd b/c he's "injured".

SPURt
08-14-2018, 11:12 AM
More like glass shattered, shard severed an artery...
Ha! I think we all feel a little cheated on, but once we’re collectively doing it with DD, we’ll realize vagina is still the best and there’s other basketball players that have them. Or something like that.

TimmyBuckets
08-14-2018, 12:15 PM
The playoffs will not be made for Lonnie. Enjoy the 41yr old chupacabra toss up tons of airballs instead

Who gaf? Lonnie isn't Mitchel, Simmons, etc. Who wants an undisciplined liability chucker who doesn't even know the system in playoffs? If he proves he's capable, he'll get minutes, even in post-season. If he's not, then he won't. I'll take 98 year old Godnobili over Lonnie any day (see most clutch performance against HOU 2 seasons ago).

paperboy77
08-14-2018, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=RD2191;9508630]LMA will go down early with a serious injury..[/QUOTE

Dont jinx us dude!

YGWHI
08-14-2018, 02:51 PM
Players:
-DeMar will have the best season of his career, he'll be our best player, will make ASG, and All NBA 2nd team.

-LMA will be secretly jealous of DD. But he will play great all season and won't ask for a trade. He'll understand he's getting older and it's fine to have a younger teammate scoring on everyone.

Team:
-Spurs will be the #2/3 team in the league.

-Spurs will win the rg series against Rockets and Utah.

Wild card:
It's hard to pick just one. I want Warriors and C's to be destroyed by someone....

But if I'm realistic -Rockets will get worse with Melo.

TD 21
08-14-2018, 03:48 PM

As if the starting lineup doesn't lack range shooting (even if you think they'll start Mills/Belinelli over Gay) as is.

They should be looking to trade Gasol for a 3 and D SF (something like Gasol, Cunningham for Harkless, Leonard, protected 1st), sliding Aldridge and Gay up a position and utilizing Poeltl as the primary backup C. He'd still get around 20 mpg, between backing up Aldridge, occasionally playing some alongside in select matchups and playing significantly more minutes when he get's a rest game/injury.

Player
Derozan and LMA will both be All-Stars
Murray will shoot almost twice as many 3's as last season and shoot 38%

Team
Will have at least five more RS wins than last season
Will finish no lower than the 6th seed

AEP
Boston will have over 60 wins, win the LOB, and all the world will rejoice.

Not unless there's an unprecedented amount of injuries to other candidates. It's probably going to take the Spurs being something close to a clear 3 seed to guarantee 1 spot. If they're in the 4-6 range, it's probably 50/50. Anything less, it's probably not happening.

Greater odds: Curry, Durant, Harden, James, Davis, Westbrook.
Equal or greater odds: Green, Thompson, Paul, Butler, George, Lillard.
Equal or lesser odds: Jokic, Towns, Gobert, Mitchell.

Texican10
08-14-2018, 05:37 PM
Spurs win 50+ lose in conference finals
LMA mvp finalist
Durant suffers season ender
Kawhi reveals chronic emotional abuse from Dennis and appears on Dr. Phil
Parkers shits all over us in the 2 games
Celtics win title

SouthTexasRancher
08-14-2018, 07:40 PM
2) LMA is traded
3) Murray doesnt improve
6) Spurs miss playoffs
7) Team moves to Seattle

I am about as happy as one can be that you're not my stock broker.....and most definitely that you're not my doctor.

It must be pure hell to be that depressed. I'm sure there are some on this board that will gladly give you their Psychiatrist's phone #. :toast

YGWHI
08-14-2018, 07:46 PM
I am about as happy as one can be that you're not my stock broker.....and most definitely that you're not my doctor.

It must be pure hell to be that depressed. I'm sure there are some on this board that will gladly give you their Psychiatrist's phone #. :toast

I guess he was all about reverse jinx. We already know that no one here wants that Kawhi leads Raptors to the Finals, even C's haters :lol

Namundy
08-14-2018, 08:26 PM
1.) DeMar DeRozan experiences the first year Spur woes but shows promise late.

2.) Derrick White proves himself as an above average two guard but has trouble staying healthy.

3.) Spurs finish as the sixth seed despite a crowded West.

4.) Spurs' offense regains uptempo feel & emphasis on "good to great" shots.

5.) AEP -- Dejounte's defense & fast break offense prove deadly over a larger sample size but he continues to struggle with his shot & half court play making.

I have been more pessimistic as of late.

SouthTexasRancher
08-14-2018, 09:52 PM
I guess he was all about reverse jinx. We already know that no one here wants that Kawhi leads Raptors to the Finals, even C's haters :lol

Yeah, kind of a tongue in cheek (light sarcasm) which is ok. I doubt he was serious, then again who knows. It was a dire list whichever way one reads it.

ElNono
08-15-2018, 02:42 AM
Normally I would drop a bold prediction of two at this time before the season starts, but honestly, I don't know what to expect of this team.

And I don't say that in a negative way, I just feel like while we do kept a bunch of guys, there's also a lot of interesting wildcards that have no answer right now (kids roles, how Murray progresses, Demar role, Marco, etc).

I'm actually pretty intrigued on which direction Pop goes. I'm 99% sure it's more offense, but, what kind of offense with these guys? Interesting, IMO.

JPB
08-15-2018, 02:43 AM
As if the starting lineup doesn't lack range shooting (even if you think they'll start Mills/Belinelli over Gay) as is.

They should be looking to trade Gasol for a 3 and D SF (something like Gasol, Cunningham for Harkless, Leonard, protected 1st), sliding Aldridge and Gay up a position and utilizing Poeltl as the primary backup C. He'd still get around 20 mpg, between backing up Aldridge, occasionally playing some alongside in select matchups and playing significantly more minutes when he get's a rest game/injury.

Not unless there's an unprecedented amount of injuries to other candidates. It's probably going to take the Spurs being something close to a clear 3 seed to guarantee 1 spot. If they're in the 4-6 range, it's probably 50/50. Anything less, it's probably not happening.

Greater odds: Curry, Durant, Harden, James, Davis, Westbrook.
Equal or greater odds: Green, Thompson, Paul, Butler, George, Lillard.
Equal or lesser odds: Jokic, Towns, Gobert, Mitchell.

I agree seed will play a big part. Anything under 3d and I can't see both LMA and Demar being AS.

If LMA confirm last year, and spurs are a PO team, spurs will have to be represented and LMA is more of the "face" of the franchise now. Besides, Demar comes from the East and continituity plays a part. It would require a special year from for him and the spurs to be AS considering the concurrence.

Last but not least, ASG games and spots are pretty much meaningless. Manu hasn't been AS as much as he should have. Does it matter ? Not one bit, he'll still be a first ballot HOF.

Mario1976
08-15-2018, 03:51 AM
:flag:55 wins and western conference final

cutewizard
08-15-2018, 05:24 AM
Spurs win NBA title!!!

Woooòoooooooooooooooooooo!!!

daledondale
08-15-2018, 06:29 AM
This season is summed up in enjoying Manu's last year (it looks like he will play again) and to see how young guys develop his game. I'm not expecting big results in playoffs.

Captivus
08-15-2018, 07:56 AM
Kawhi will cry at some point.

Old School 44
08-15-2018, 12:13 PM
- Dejonte will have a great season, and be selected by Commissioner to the all-star game as a replacement for Curry/Harden as one has to bail out due to injury.
- Demar will have an great season as well. Shooting near 40% from the 3-pt line.
- Spurs will comfortably make the playoffs 3-5 seed.
- Drake will be courtside at a Spurs home game.
- Kawhi will retire due to injury.

Brazil
08-15-2018, 12:23 PM
- Demar will improve significantly on defense and become an above average defender under Spurs system and coaching
- Spurs make the POs lose second round and get a 50 wins season
- LMA will be an all star
- Jak will finish the season as a starter
AEP: Parker will dominate Murray during Spurs Char games and end up with a solid season

Floyd Pacquiao
08-15-2018, 12:24 PM
Kawhi will cry at some point.

I could see him having nervous breakdown at some point, tbh.

Dex
08-15-2018, 12:46 PM
-Demar's scoring average will go down, but his efficiency and defense will improve under Pop.
-Aldridge will once again be the Spurs lone All-Star, as Demar will get lost in the fold of the gaggle of guards in the West (Curry, Thompson, Westbrook, Harden, Paul, Lillard, McCollum, Butler, Booker, etc.)

-Spurs will win 53-55 games
-Spurs will meet and beat the Lebron Lakers in the playoffs

-Lakers will start off slow and Lebron will start pulling strings for "more talent"

TimmyBuckets
08-15-2018, 12:59 PM
-Demar's scoring average will go down, but his efficiency and defense will improve under Pop.
-Aldridge will once again be the Spurs lone All-Star, as Demar will get lost in the fold of the gaggle of guards in the West (Curry, Thompson, Westbrook, Harden, Paul, Lillard, McCollum, Butler, Booker, etc.)

-Lakers will start off slow and Lebron will start pulling strings for "more talent"

As a Spurs fan in LA, that would wonderful.

BillMc
08-15-2018, 01:24 PM

These sound about right to me.

kaji157
08-16-2018, 09:52 PM
No spur is going to quit on the team.

phxspurfan
08-17-2018, 02:53 AM
Spurs are the 2 seed for stretches this season and finish no worse than 4th in the West playoff seeding. They lose in the 2nd round though

phxspurfan
08-17-2018, 02:55 AM
Oh yes and like others have said, Kawhi will get injured again and miss significant time. His value will be very diminished after this year.

phxspurfan
08-17-2018, 02:57 AM
Normally I would drop a bold prediction of two at this time before the season starts, but honestly, I don't know what to expect of this team.

And I don't say that in a negative way, I just feel like while we do kept a bunch of guys, there's also a lot of interesting wildcards that have no answer right now (kids roles, how Murray progresses, Demar role, Marco, etc).

I'm actually pretty intrigued on which direction Pop goes. I'm 99% sure it's more offense, but, what kind of offense with these guys? Interesting, IMO.

Pop will go full D'Antoni with lots of ball handlers, even Marco will see some point duty. Lots of 3s being hoisted up. Lots of small ball (obviously). Perhaps a trade of one of Gay/Gasol for another 3 point shooter mid season.

Spurs oman
08-20-2018, 08:58 AM
white will be our starting pg come end of the season

Manu give us one more year of ups and downs and a WOW play off performance

Spurs struggle early on yet click come the end of regular seoson top 3 finish

We beat the warriors and raptors at home

AEP .. adjusted beautiful game is back and. Spurs are in WCF

TimmyBuckets
08-20-2018, 12:59 PM
White and Murray will start together at least once in the playoffs.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-21-2018, 10:25 AM
Spurs win the season series from the Lakers and finish with a better record. Pop comes in second in COY voting. LMA and DDR both get MVP votes.

Toronto moves Kawhi by the trade deadline.

The Rockets get beat in the first round of the PO.

The Suns win 30+ games.

NO misses the post season.

SAGirl
08-23-2018, 08:11 PM
broke the rules.

player:
demar will be a MIP nominee
melo will win 6th man if he's okay with coming off the bench
kawhi (if healthy) will finish no worse than 2nd in the MVP race

team:
spurs will be noticeably better without tony
okc will be much better than last year

Predicting Kawhi if healthy to be no worse than 2nd in MVP race is really not even a prediction, more like expected.

A real prediction is whether you think he will be healthy enough to earn it. I am unsure, but many here seem to think he malingered and is and will be 100% and thus MVP or as you say, no worse than 2nd in that race.

SAGirl
08-23-2018, 08:20 PM
LMA will improve on last season's numbers.
Kawhi will miss more than 30 games :stirpot:
Spurs will win 50 games
So will the Lakers
AEP: Celtics will win more games than Warriors

Like you, I do think Kawhi will miss a share of games.

I gave him credit he got legit injured and I am going to stay consistent. He may start 100% or as close to it as he can get, but he also can have a simple injury, any bruise or something and with his injury history, it can get complicated. It's a contract season and if healthy he will be as close to an MVP as he's been in his best moments of his career, but an injury can oh so quickly derail him.