08-14-2018, 06:33 PM
Remember this shiiiiiiiiiiiiit tlongII?

Two Deep >> Too Deep :rollin :lmao :rollin

FrostKing
08-14-2018, 06:35 PM
Steve Smith's fault

Caltex2
08-14-2018, 06:44 PM
Scottie Pippen forever sealed his status as an ultimate Beta but not an Alpha.

Kori Ellis
08-14-2018, 06:50 PM
I was there, about 10 rows up behind the basket.

FrostKing
08-14-2018, 06:56 PM
Nice try. Scottie was a 34 year old Point-Forward logging 82 regular season games.

LkrFan
08-14-2018, 07:16 PM

Woah! Staples was rocking that day!! But who knew the First Lady of SpursTalk was a Laker fan? :wow

LkrFan
08-14-2018, 07:17 PM

Nah, Scottie is my man. He knew the Laker playbook better than Phil. He was damn near twice Kobe's age. That L wasn't on him. It was on his talented knucklehead teammates who choked.

LkrFan
08-14-2018, 07:19 PM
Steve Smith's fault

Sheed, Bonzi, B Grant, Sabonis - they had championship talent - but they chokedPERIOD. Not just Steve :lol

Caltex2
08-14-2018, 07:20 PM
Nice try. Scottie was a 34 year old Point-Forward logging 82 regular season games.

So what? He was still a star and didn't show up at all in the fourth. If he even so much as scores 7 points in the fourth before garbage time, they win or at least go OT.

tlongII
08-14-2018, 08:01 PM
Remember this shiiiiiiiiiiiiit tlongII?

It was a traveshamockery. Biggest screw job by the league in history.

LkrFan
08-14-2018, 08:11 PM

:lol

baseline bum
08-14-2018, 08:13 PM

Holy fuck, I didn't know that was Bob Odenkirk doing those commercials. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9-huLRWFRQ

spurraider21
08-14-2018, 08:24 PM

Holy fuck, I didn't know that was Bob Odenkirk doing those commercials. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9-huLRWFRQ
:wow woah

lefty
08-14-2018, 08:36 PM

Y tho

ambchang
08-14-2018, 09:33 PM
Is that the game where the lakers outshot the blazers 37-16 in fta?

:lol lakerrefs.

Kori Ellis
08-14-2018, 11:15 PM
Woah! Staples was rocking that day!! But who knew the First Lady of SpursTalk was a Laker fan? :wow

I think that I had lower level seats to every Lakers home playoff game that year. (I lived in Los Angeles for 17 years.)

benefactor
08-14-2018, 11:35 PM
Dammit Hector, don't you know anything about ST history?

Killakobe81
08-14-2018, 11:41 PM

I was there too a bit higher but best environment I have ever watched a game in college or pros. Better than the Magic retirement ceremony or watching Kobe break West's record in Memphis.
Shit went from funeral silence to pandemonium in less than 6 mins of game time. BLAZERS had us dead to rights.
Kori did u see the rioting/looting leaving Staples?

Spurtacular
08-15-2018, 12:10 AM
Remember this shiiiiiiiiiiiiit tlongII (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=158)?

:lmao Laker fans still believing that Kobe was a great defender.

Kori Ellis
08-15-2018, 12:22 AM
I was there too a bit higher but best environment I have ever watched a game in college or pros. Better than the Magic retirement ceremony or watching Kobe break West's record in Memphis.
Shit went from funeral silence to pandemonium in less than 6 mins of game time. BLAZERS had us dead to rights.
Kori did u see the rioting/looting leaving Staples?

It was absolute mayhem in every way possible. I have been to plenty of loud/raucous sporting events in my life, but it was truly nuts. I was actually at the game alone :lol because I could only get one good ticket. I was friends with a ticket broker and he would sell me tickets at face value (or less), if I would wait until an hour before game time and take whatever he had left. I would usually get two or four and go with friends, but for that game he wasn't able to sell that single ticket, so I bought it.

D.B. Cooper
08-15-2018, 12:52 AM
13 straight missed Blazer fg's. B Shaw some HUGE 3's. The Lakers would have blown a 3-1 lead and Kobe-Shaq would have imploded that year. Portland would have won 2-3 titles. Sabonis was a beast.

LkrFan
08-15-2018, 06:06 AM
Dammit Hector, don't you know anything about ST history?

My bad. I didn't know :lol

LkrFan
08-15-2018, 06:25 AM
I think that I had lower level seats to every Lakers home playoff game that year. (I lived in Los Angeles for 17 years.)

That's dope. Man I wish I was at that game! Not gonna lie, I was nervous as shit. :lol

Crazy because when B-Shaw banked in that 3 I knew we would pull that game out. Why? Blazers were talented frontrunners. With sucess, they're badasses. With adversity, they crumble.

If I recall correctly, in the regular season we had a showdown with both teams something like 47-11. Phil said whoever won that game would win the Pacific. Lakers won that game and the Blazers semi-imploded the rest of the way.

After B-Shaw banked that 3, you could see it in their eyes. Staples crowd woke up and the Blazers had that "awe shit, not again!!" look in their eyes. It was glorious! :lol

That game had me more nervous than 2010 when the Lakers came back to beat them Celtic bastards in game 7. :lol

LkrFan
08-15-2018, 06:30 AM
13 straight missed Blazer fg's. B Shaw some HUGE 3's. The Lakers would have blown a 3-1 lead and Kobe-Shaq would have imploded that year. Portland would have won 2-3 titles. Sabonis was a beast.

Agreed. Shaq and Kobe already didn't get along. If they had lost heads would have rolled and Shaq or Kobe would have been traded. Phil wanted a package of Kidd and the Matrix for Kobe as I recall. I think Dr. Buss wouldn't let it happen if it came to it though.

Killakobe81
08-15-2018, 09:43 AM
It was absolute mayhem in every way possible. I have been to plenty of loud/raucous sporting events in my life, but it was truly nuts. I was actually at the game alone :lol because I could only get one good ticket. I was friends with a ticket broker and he would sell me tickets at face value (or less), if I would wait until an hour before game time and take whatever he had left. I would usually get two or four and go with friends, but for that game he wasn't able to sell that single ticket, so I bought it.

no doubt! I went with friends stood in line for hours for the leftover will-call tix they release on game day. I was also solo. I went with friends but we couldnt get seats (4)all together. My other two friends were a couple and relative of theirs so I took the single seat which was better anyways.
When Kobe shook pippen and shaq slammed the lob pass ... a ramdom white guy in his 40's (I was in my very early 20's) hugged me liek we were best friends. Sports are great that way.

Im sure the first Spurs title was similar. I was so young during the Showtome era went to plenty of regular season games but playoff tix were so expensive I never attened a Magic playoff game ... didnt start until the Van Exel Eddie jones era ...but my mom who turned me on to the Lakers she attended Finals games including when Sixers swept us in 1983.

but none of that compared to that game 7. Kori you ever attend games at teh Forum oir was that before your "time" in SOCal?

Side note: Just started dating a girl (now my wife) and it was so early I didn't take her, cuz wasn't sure I wanted to be spending Laker tix money on her, LOL. But a few years later I bought her a car. I remember calling her the next day I Was so hoarse I could barely speak ...told her I told you I was a huge Laker fan.

Killakobe81
08-15-2018, 09:49 AM

No doubt that game cemented our run and ended the Blazers.
They absolutely had more talent 1-12.
We just had the two best players in the series, by far.

Natural talent though honestly Rasheed had the talent to be better than Kobe or Shaq tbh. HE had Kobe like skill and touch and post moves with Length and strength and very good though not elite athelticism.

Since I was watching college hoops he and duncan are the most skilled college bigs I ever seen, and I saw David/Ewing/shaq etc in college. (i didnt see much of hakeem though)

daslicer
08-15-2018, 09:50 AM
I was in high school at the time and that game was my first introduction of how corrupt NBA refs can be when favoring the media money teams.

LkrFan
08-15-2018, 10:24 AM
I was in high school at the time and that game was my first introduction of how corrupt NBA refs can be when favoring the media money teams.

Look at this chickenshit farmer here :lmao

Killakobe81
08-15-2018, 10:34 AM

Even bad refs cant control shots rimming out or being shot short ... stop it.
Now game vs 7 Sacto could be seen as shaky but game 7 vs Blazers was 1/3 great comeback by Lakers and 2/3 Epic choke by Blazers.

daslicer
08-15-2018, 10:49 AM
Look at this chickenshit farmer here :lmao

:lol Judging by your reaction it shows you are a snowflake. That game was rigged by the refs in the Lakers favor and that's been the widely accepted perception by non-Laker fans. Anyways you shouldn't be butt hurt by what I said since the Lakers ultimately won it all that year. I can even admit Donaghy rigged game 3 for the Spurs against the Suns back in'07. It never bothers me when opposing fans bring it up. Just shows you got thin skin.

Clipper Nation
08-15-2018, 10:56 AM

MVPippen was already long since cemented as an alpha from carrying DK all those years, tbh.

daslicer
08-15-2018, 01:49 PM
Anyways this question is for Laker fans. Which rigged reffed game did you enjoy more was it '00 WCF game 7 or '02 WCF game 6?

Ghazi
08-15-2018, 02:25 PM
:lol yesterday's shitty ass NBA

baseline bum
08-15-2018, 02:42 PM
When Kobe shook pippen and shaq slammed the lob pass ... a ramdom white guy in his 40's (I was in my very early 20's) hugged me liek we were best friends. Sports are great that way.

Im sure the first Spurs title was similar

That's what Game 2 of the 99 WCF was like, which was another epic meltdown by Portland (shout out tlongII). They were up 18 either late in the third or early in the fourth and the only lead the Spurs ever had was the final score. Everyone was jumping up and hugging strangers when Elliott hit that three, as it was pretty much the first time anything like that had gone the Spurs way in the playoffs. Every other critical playoff moment it was something like Robert Horry draining the game winner when Rodman left him in Game 1 of the 95 WCF, Strickland throwing a no-look right to Kersey near the end of Game 7 of the 90 WCSF so Portland could force OT, Gilmore bobbling an offensive rebound and time running out when he would have had an easy layup to force Game 7 of the 83 WCF, and so on. I still remember when Damon Stoudamire was shooting free throws right before that shot how loud it was. The Alamodome had these hollow plastic chairs and when 40,000 people started paddling on them it sounded like a train passing by. And Stoudamire missed one of those free throws so that Elliott's shot was a game winner and not just a shot to force OT.

Killakobe81
08-15-2018, 02:45 PM
That's what Game 2 of the 99 WCF was like, which was another epic meltdown by Portland (shout out tlongII). They were up 18 either late in the third or early in the fourth and the only lead the Spurs had was the final score. Everyone was jumping up and hugging strangers when Elliott hit that three, as it was pretty much the first time anything like that had gone the Spurs way in the playoffs. Every other critical playoff moment it was something like Robert Horry draining the game winner when Rodman left him in Game 1 of the 95 WCF, Strickland throwing a no-look right to Kersey near the end of Game 7 of the 90 WCSF so Portland could force OT, Gilmore bobbling an offensive rebound and time running out when he would have had an easy layup to force Game 7 of the 83 WCF, and so on. I still remember when Damon Stoudemire was shooting free throws right before that shot how loud it was. The Alamodome had these hollow plastic chairs and when 40,000 people started paddling on them in sounded like a train passing by. And Stoduemire missed one of those free throws so that Elliott's shot was a game winner and not just a shot to force OT.

that toe dance on the baseline was incredible. Smart heady player. was a beast in college used to murder our Bruins.
I hate his annoucing though ...
I know some prefer homers in those roles but I grew up on chick who loved the Lakers but tried to be fair and unbiased.

Killakobe81
08-15-2018, 02:46 PM
Anyways this question is for Laker fans. Which rigged reffed game did you enjoy more was it '00 WCF game 7 or '02 WCF game 6?

Only 02 was shady, stop it ...

baseline bum
08-15-2018, 02:50 PM
that toe dance on the baseline was incredible. Smart heady player. was a beast in college used to murder our Bruins.
I hate his annoucing though ...
I know some prefer homers in those roles but I grew up on chick who loved the Lakers but tried to be fair and ubiased.

Chick wasn't a homer but Stu sure was man. Still whenever the Spurs and Lakers played when I was in LA I'd watch the KCAL/FoxSports broadcast over the national guys, and I liked the national guys except for Snapper Jones who was terrible.

Killakobe81
08-15-2018, 02:54 PM
Chick wasn't a homer but Stu sure was man. Still whenever the Spurs and Lakers played when I was in LA I'd watch the KCAL/FoxSports broadcast over the national guys, and I liked the national guys except for Snapper Jones who was terrible.

I never loved stu and without chick he is horrible and has only got worse.
Grumpy old man ...

baseline bum
08-15-2018, 03:03 PM

I don't think they would have. They would have been a one and done who eeked out a lucky title when Shaq had gone cold at the worst possible time. Teams like the 85 Lakers, 89 Pistons, and 14 Spurs came back mad as fuck after blowing a title they should have won. But the Blazers just laid down and died after that Game 7 loss.

Killakobe81
08-15-2018, 03:33 PM
I don't think they would have. They would have been a one and done who eeked out a lucky title when Shaq had gone cold at the worst possible time. Teams like the 85 Lakers, 89 Pistons, and 14 Spurs came back mad as fuck after blowing a title they should have won. But the Blazers just laid down and died after that Game 7 loss.

Great points. I think that motivation fueled the 2014 Spurs who played better than they were (talent wise) Duncan was on fumes and KAwhi was not yet a MVP candidate ... but they wrecked teams.
Duncan promising to avenge it was to the highlight even more than the great passing or 3 point shooting or KL's defense. Duncan played some innspired defense but that was the best example of his leadership even over the titles when he was the best big in the NBA ... when he said THAT?!
I knew Lebron and company was in trouble ...

ambchang
08-15-2018, 03:36 PM
One of three games where the lakers enjoyed a 20+ fta advantage in an elimination game in a span of about a decade.

:tu lakers.

daslicer
08-15-2018, 03:38 PM
One of three games where the lakers enjoyed a 20+ fta advantage in an elimination game in a span of about a decade.

:Yu lakers.

LkrFan
08-15-2018, 04:54 PM
MVPippen was already long since cemented as an alpha from carrying DK all those years, tbh.

Is the Lakers player Bron Bron still your GOAT? :downspin:

Kori Ellis
08-15-2018, 06:08 PM
Kori you ever attend games at teh Forum oir was that before your "time" in SOCal?

I went to some games at the Forum in the 90s, but not that many. I was, however, at the last Lakers playoff loss to the Spurs in '99.

Killakobe81
08-15-2018, 10:32 PM
I went to some games at the Forum in the 90s, but not that many. I was, however, at the last Lakers playoff loss to the Spurs in '99.

Ugggh that sucked for me but good for yall.. Boy for all the heavy lifting Shaq did he got swept a lot.

FrostKing
08-16-2018, 01:42 AM
Is the Lakers player Bron Bron still your GOAT? :downspin:
https://www.hearinglikeme.com/content/uploads/2016/02/bigstock-listening-103764941-1024x737.jpg

Ghazi
08-16-2018, 05:26 AM

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199006030DET.html

LMAO MV Pippen shooting 1-10 in a Game 7 and putting up 2 points.... MJ would've had a 4-peat from 90-93 if Pippen was actually MVP level.