PDA

View Full Version : Expert opinion on Elba as Bond

SpursforSix
08-16-2018, 10:52 PM
It’s fine.

Case closed.

Chucho
08-16-2018, 11:01 PM
Thank you for settling that. I bet your inbox was flooded with requests for you to weigh in with your expertise.

Avante
08-16-2018, 11:26 PM
Here ya go expert.

First things first. Idris Elba (https://www.irishtimes.com/topics/topics-7.1213540?article=true&tag_person=Idris+Elba) is not about to be named as the next James Bond (https://www.irishtimes.com/topics/topics-7.1213540?article=true&tag_person=James+Bond). It is unlikely Idris Elba will ever play James Bond. And there is not a shred of evidence that the producers are moving in that direction. Okay?

The current chatter about Elba’s candidacy for 007 is absurd by even the standards of silly season. Here’s what happened. The Daily Star reported that Antoine Fuqua (https://www.irishtimes.com/topics/topics-7.1213540?article=true&tag_person=Antoine+Fuqua), director of the upcoming The Equaliser 2, had heard Barbara Broccoli (https://www.irishtimes.com/topics/topics-7.1213540?article=true&tag_person=Barbara+Broccoli), veteran Bond producer, argue that it might be time for a black actor as Bond. The newspaper then reminded us that – according to whom, exactly? – Idris Elba had long been in the running for the role. Fuqua reportedly expressed his own view that Elba could do the job. Nowhere here is there even a suggestion that Broccoli made specific mention of Elba.

Confirming his reputation for good sportsmanship, Elba then tweeted: “My name’s Elba, Idris Elba”. Some took this as confirmation that he wasn’t taking the role. Some took it as confirmation that he was taking the role. Sane people realised it was a joke that implied neither.

So there is nothing more than vapour to the rumours. Of course there isn’t. Eon Productions, which controls the franchise, is not going to undermine Daniel Craig’s position by announcing – or even considering – a new Bond before the upcoming 25th episode has begun shooting. Indeed, they will move no gears until after Bond 25’s release in October, 2019 and a subsequent confirmation that Craig is not to return.

That brings us to early 2020 and a consideration of why Idris Elba is out of the running. It’s nothing to do with the colour of his skin. Elba will then be 47 and, by the time any 26th film is released, he will be closing in on 50. Yes, Roger Moore (https://www.irishtimes.com/topics/topics-7.1213540?article=true&tag_person=Roger+Moore) was 57 when he finally hung up the Walther, but people – including Roger Moore himself – had been making jokes about his age for years. So that’s not a very useful comparison.

Avante
08-16-2018, 11:36 PM
Now add....

For about seven years, there have been rumors (https://www.eonline.com/news/496048/idris-elba-reveals-he-gets-aroused-wearing-a-bow-tie-says-james-bond-casting-rumor-is-out-of-control) that the British 45-year-old Luther and Thor star would succeed Daniel Craig (https://www.eonline.com/news/daniel_craig) and become the first black actor to play 007. Speculation recently began again, following a U.K. tabloid report, which was later debunked.

On Sunday, Elba left fans shaken—and stirred—with a cryptic tweet that may indicate the truth, and may also just be some good old-fashioned trolling.

"My name's Elba, Idris Elba," he wrote (https://twitter.com/idriselba/status/1028552314183999488).
He later tweeted (https://twitter.com/idriselba/status/1028625167927398401), "Don't believe the HYPE..." much to fans' disappointment.

SpursforSix
08-16-2018, 11:39 PM
It’ll be fine.

Avante
08-16-2018, 11:46 PM
It’ll be fine.

I love how you dig deep into things, the time you spend to uncover what is really going on. The depth of knowledge you display is amazing.

Holden_Caulfield
08-16-2018, 11:49 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/6YCYxSuwSUDKw/giphy.gif

SpursforSix
08-16-2018, 11:51 PM
I love how you dig deep into things, the time you spend to uncover what is really going on. The depth of knowledge you display is amazing.

Thanks. But let’s face it, it’ll be 2020 so it’s unlikely you’ll be alive to even see it.

Avante
08-16-2018, 11:54 PM
Thanks. But let’s face it, it’ll be 2020 so it’s unlikely you’ll be alive to even see it.

I'd like to say according to my doctor, but...I have never been to a doctor other than stitches.

SpursforSix
08-16-2018, 11:58 PM
I'd like to say according to my doctor, but...I have never been to a doctor other than stitches.

Let me guess...torn anus.

Chucho
08-17-2018, 12:01 AM
Avante showing his copy and paste expertise.

Avante
08-17-2018, 12:04 AM
Let me guess...torn anus.

That would be a hell of a name for some punk band.....Torn Anus with their hit.....Blood on the Tollet Seat.

Anyway....

Cut toe, hit in the head with a crocket mallet (accident) chopped the tip of a thumb off, slashed a thigh messing around with swords.

SpursforSix
08-17-2018, 12:06 AM
That would be a hell of a name for some punk band.....Torn Anus with their hit.....Blood on the Tollet Seat.

Anyway....

Cut toe, hit in the head with a crocket mallet (accident) chopped the tip of a thumb off, slashed a thigh messing around with swords.

Don’t forget tearing your nutsack on someone’s braces.

Avante
08-17-2018, 12:13 AM
Don’t forget tearing your nutsack on someone’s braces.

Don't forget you have no nutsack sweetheart.

SpursforSix
08-17-2018, 12:17 AM
Don't forget you have no nutsack sweetheart.

I blame your mom and her gopher teeth for that.

Avante
08-17-2018, 12:24 AM
I blame your mom and her gopher teeth for that.

It's a known fact you never owned a nutsack honeybunny.

Pavlov
08-17-2018, 12:38 AM
It’s fine.

Case closed.Yep. Nothing more to say after that.

chunticakes
08-17-2018, 11:39 AM

Anyway....

Bend over, I'll fucking give ya a sword.

James Bond
08-17-2018, 02:11 PM
It’s fine.

Case closed.
I agree.

FrostKing
08-17-2018, 02:24 PM
Rosamund Pike has told how she refused to drop her clothes in order to win a role in the 2002 James Bond film, Die Another Day.

The 39-year-old actress was just 21 when she auditioned for the role of double agent Miranda Frost in Pierce Brosnan’s rendition of Bond.

FrostKing
08-17-2018, 02:26 PM
https://www.celebheights.com/xr/r/rosamund-pike.jpg

http://www.media3.hw-static.com/wp-content/uploads/die-another-day-movie-still-rosamund-pike-as-miranda-frost-in-die-another-day_1626378-400x305.jpeg

Avante
08-17-2018, 04:09 PM
Bend over, I'll fucking give ya a sword.

What you're actually going to do is stay hidden behind a computer, yep...that's it.

Pavlov
08-17-2018, 04:14 PM
What you're actually going to do is stay hidden behind a computer, yep...that's it.Yep, same ol' Avante.

Avante
08-17-2018, 04:34 PM
Yep, same ol' Avante.

Not really.

The old Avante would have.

You aren't going to do a fucking thing little man, got that bitch?

See the difference?

Pavlov
08-17-2018, 04:52 PM
Not really.

The old Avante would have.

You aren't going to do a fucking thing little man, got that bitch?

See the difference?:lol you just did that.

Same ol' Avante.

Avante
08-17-2018, 05:08 PM
:lol you just did that.

Same ol' Avante.

The same ol' Avante totally ignored you because he saw you as a waste of time.

Pavlov
08-17-2018, 05:09 PM
The same ol' Avante totally ignored you because he saw you as a waste of time.Same ol' Avante saying he's ignoring someone in a response to that person.

Avante
08-17-2018, 05:21 PM
Same ol' Avante saying he's ignoring someone in a response to that person.

How damn stupid are you? I was obviously talking about before I left. I didn't even read you as you humped my leg constantly.

I simply needed a change and knowing you follow me around decided to use you until I get bored with ya, then I'll toss you aside again. But.....you will STILL follow me around.

I am starting to get bored with ya, so........

Pavlov
08-17-2018, 05:29 PM
How damn stupid are you? I was obviously talking about before I left. I didn't even read you as you humped my leg constantly.

I simply needed a change and knowing you follow me around decided to use you until I get bored with ya, then I'll toss you aside again. But.....you will STILL follow me around.

I am starting to get bored with ya, so........So shut up.

Avante
08-17-2018, 05:50 PM
So shut up.

Promise me you'll stop following me around and we will be done...deal?

Pavlov
08-17-2018, 05:50 PM
Promise me you'll stop following me around and we will be done...deal?No, just shut up.

Avante
08-17-2018, 05:52 PM
No, just shut up.

I had a feeling once we started talking about YOU you'd lose it, yep, nailed it.

Warning....it's going to be all about Pavlov and that lac kof an imagination, common sense and ignorance from now on, got it?

Pavlov
08-17-2018, 05:53 PM
I had a feeling once we started talking about YOU you'd lose it, yep, nailed it.You asked for conditions, I refused.

Sorry.

Avante
08-17-2018, 05:55 PM
You asked for conditions, I refused.

Sorry.

No problem I get a kick out of showing off your lack of an imagination, common sense and an over abundance of stupidity.

Pavlov
08-17-2018, 06:00 PM
No problem I get a kick out of showing off your lack of an imagination, common sense and an over abundance of stupidity.Great, now imagine a black James Bond.

Go.

Avante
08-17-2018, 06:06 PM
Great, now imagine a black James Bond.

Go.

I get you aren't too bright but I had no idea you were this damn dumb.

You/Pavlov are going to start doing things. This bit of you playing the do nothing critic is over, got it?

Pavlov
08-17-2018, 06:15 PM
I get you aren't too bright but I had no idea you were this damn dumb.

You/Pavlov are going to start doing things. This bit of you playing the do nothing critic is over, got it?So you admit you can't even imagine a black James Bond.

You have no imagination.

Got it?

Avante
08-17-2018, 06:18 PM
So you admit you can't even imagine a black James Bond.

You have no imagination.

Got it?

Are you retarded?

Pavlov
08-17-2018, 06:22 PM
Are you retarded?You proved you can't imagine a black James Bond.

You have.....0.....imagination.

Got it?

Avante
08-17-2018, 06:31 PM
You proved you can't imagine a black James Bond.

You have.....0.....imagination.

Got it?

How sad is this guy?

Pavlov
08-17-2018, 06:32 PM
How sad is this guy?So you can imagine a black James Bond.

Cool.

That as my point all along.

Avante
08-17-2018, 06:40 PM
So you can imagine a black James Bond.

Cool.

That as my point all along.

You need help.

Pavlov
08-17-2018, 06:54 PM
You need help.Not at all.

You proved my point.

A black Bond is clearly within the realm of imagination for the movie going public. You don't even go to those movies.

Avante
08-17-2018, 07:05 PM
Not at all.

You proved my point.

A black Bond is clearly within the realm of imagination for the movie going public. You don't even go to those movies.

Are you really that far gone?

Hollywood brought a giant gorilla all the way across the ocean to New York. What did they feed him? How did he take a dump? How did they get him from the raft to the theater and once there how did they get him to stand there in chains?

Hollywood thinks the indians were the bad guys, they have cave men battling dinosaurs. Hell....John Wayne as Ghangis Khan? Little Tom Cruise as the huge Jack Reacher?

What is a black James Bond??? Yep, just another stupid Hollywood moment.

Pavlov
08-17-2018, 08:06 PM
Are you really that far gone?

Hollywood brought a giant gorilla all the way across the ocean to New York. What did they feed him? How did he take a dump? How did they get him from the raft to the theater and once there how did they get him to stand there in chains?

Hollywood thinks the indians were the bad guys, they have cave men battling dinosaurs. Hell....John Wayne as Ghangis Khan? Little Tom Cruise as the huge Jack Reacher?

What is a black James Bond??? Yep, just another stupid Hollywood moment.So you've basically conceded every point I've made.

Cool.

Avante
08-17-2018, 08:14 PM
So you've basically conceded every point I've made.

Cool.

You're point wasn't it's a stupid idea having a black James Bond was it?

Pavlov
08-17-2018, 08:24 PM
You're point wasn't it's a stupid idea having a black James Bond was it?Nope.

Even you can imagine it.

lol Hoagy Carmichael

Avante
08-17-2018, 08:30 PM
Nope.

Even you can imagine it.

lol Hoagy Carmichael

Dude, what really is off with you? All of us can imagine all white people being black and vice versa, you really don't get that?

The bottom line is its a stupid idea. That's why it won't happen.

Dude, Ian Fleming who created Bond mentioned Carmicael as who Bond should look like. I wonder what he would say knowing his creation is being disrespected.

Pavlov
08-17-2018, 08:39 PM
Dude, what really is off with you? All of us can imagine all white people being black and vice versa, you really don't get that?

The bottom line is its a stupid idea. That's why it won't happen.

Dude, Ian Fleming who created Bond mentioned Carmicael as who Bond should look like. I wonder what he would say knowing his creation is being disrespected.Who gives a shit?

He signed away the movie rights and now he's dead.

Avante
08-17-2018, 08:44 PM
Who gives a shit?

He signed away the movie rights and now he's dead.

Not everybody is a total moron like you are Pavlov. There are intelligent people out there who know the James Bond saga who aren't cool with dummies messing things up.

You get dumber and dumber, not an once of commom sense.

SpursforSix
08-17-2018, 08:47 PM
Not everybody is a total moron like you are Pavlov. There are intelligent people out there who know the James Bond saga who aren't cool with dummies messing things up.

You get dumber and dumber, not an once of commom sense.

Hey...what kind of sound system do you use?

Avante
08-17-2018, 08:58 PM
Let me do my best Pavlov.

What system do you use?

I can't talk about me, it's all about you.

Pavlov
08-17-2018, 09:05 PM
I can't talk about meWhy not? You do all the time.

Avante
08-17-2018, 09:10 PM
Why not? You do all the time.

Do you suffer from some wires being crossed? You honestly can't figure out this crap you play is over with me?

Pavlov we are going to be talking about you from now on, got it? So tell us what is wrong with you? Why do you do all you can to pester people? Now I need a real answer, ya got that?

We are done talking me, it's all about you or nothing at all, you understand?

Pavlov
08-17-2018, 09:23 PM
Do you suffer from some wires being crossed? You honestly can't figure out this crap you play is over with me?

Pavlov we are going to be talking about you from now on, got it? So tell us what is wrong with you? Why do you do all you can to pester people? Now I need a real answer, ya got that?

We are done talking me, it's all about you or nothing at all, you understand?OK. What do you want to know?

Mitch
08-17-2018, 09:25 PM

We are done talking me, it's all about you or nothing at all, you understand?

That's CumDumpster, Avante. That kid who got insecure about hitting 100k posts to he switched accounts, all he does is argue for the sake of arguing.

Avante
08-17-2018, 09:26 PM
OK. What do you want to know?

At what age did it hit you that were an idiot punk?

Avante
08-17-2018, 09:27 PM
That's CumDumpster, Avante. That kid who got insecure about hitting 100k posts to he switched accounts, all he does is argue for the sake of arguing.

I know that bro, just using the dummy for some laughs.

But thanks my friend.

Mitch
08-17-2018, 09:30 PM

But thanks my friend.

:tu

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-17-2018, 09:47 PM
what’s next a latinx Caractacus Potts??? :dramaquee

Blake
08-17-2018, 11:36 PM

But thanks my friend.

aww he made a friend

Avante
08-17-2018, 11:55 PM
aww he made a friend

Blake, what is with you anyway? Why this punkish BS all the time? Is life really this hard on you? You always come off as being unhappy, bothered. So what gives? I really want to know what is wrong with you. Little guy who can talk big in hiding?

DJR210
08-18-2018, 01:01 AM
Avante showing his copy and paste expertise.

He's getting better too.. he remembered to delete the citations this time

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 11:14 AM
At what age did it hit you that were an idiot punk?False premise.

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 11:16 AM
That's CumDumpster, Avante. That kid who got insecure about hitting 100k posts to he switched accounts, all he does is argue for the sake of arguing.Nah, I'm switching back after the Russia investigation is over.

How many screen names do you have again?

Avante
08-18-2018, 02:46 PM
False premise.

Answer the question.

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 02:49 PM
Answer the question.I did.

Avante
08-18-2018, 02:57 PM
I did.

Don't you didn't? You didn't give me the age you realized you sucked.

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 02:58 PM
Don't you didn't? You didn't give me the age you realized you sucked.No, I did not.

Sorry you didn't like the answer.

You'd better start ignoring me now like you said.

Either way I'm just going to laugh at you....watch....

lol

Now get pissy and say you're going to ignore me again.

Mitch
08-18-2018, 03:09 PM
Nah, I'm switching back after the Russia investigation is over.

None active atm, tbqh

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 03:11 PM
None active atm, tbqhThat wasn't the question.

Avante
08-18-2018, 03:12 PM
See how now it's you with...I...me..I'm.

Dude, noway in hell I'm gong back to ignoring you, working you like the little bitch you are is just too damn much fun.

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 03:13 PM
See how now it's you with...I...me..I'm.

Dude, noway in hell I'm gong back to ignoring you, working you like the little bitch you are is just too damn much fun.lol you never ignored me in the first place.

Mitch
08-18-2018, 03:23 PM
That wasn't the question.

I'll let you know when cummyD is posting again

Avante
08-18-2018, 03:28 PM
lol you never ignored me in the first place.

Another...me....cool.

What you want to do Pavlov is talk about others, well we aren't playing that, ok?

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 03:33 PM
I'll let you know when cummyD is posting againlol you're ashamed.

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 03:34 PM
Another...me....cool.

What you want to do Pavlov is talk about others, well we aren't playing that, ok?This thread is about Elba as Bond, so I'd prefer to talk about that.

If you want to talk about me all the time, start a thread, tough guy.

Mitch
08-18-2018, 03:36 PM
lol you're ashamed.

Let cummyD hit 100k and then start talking that shit :lol

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 03:37 PM
Let cummyD hit 100k and then start talking that shit :lolI did. It was actually three over.

lol "Mitch"

Avante
08-18-2018, 04:19 PM
I did. It was actually three over.

lol "Mitch"

People are getting tired of you Pavlov, you might wanna cool talking about others,ok?

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 04:20 PM
People are getting tired of you Pavlov, you might wanna cool talking about others,ok?Are you tired of me, Avante?

Avante
08-18-2018, 04:35 PM
Are you tired of me, Avante?

Love it, you said...me. As long as you continue to talk about Pavlov I'm here for ya my friend. What we won't be doing is talking about me. Your trip is to talk about posters as you bug them, we won't be doing that, that's over. So don't go there if you plan on talking to me.

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 04:41 PM
I'm...me...me.:lmao

You sure are talking a lot about you.

Avante
08-18-2018, 04:46 PM
:lmao

You sure are talking a lot about you.

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~right over your head.

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 04:53 PM
:lol Avante in ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ mode.

Same ol' Avante.

Mitch
08-18-2018, 05:14 PM
I did. It was actually three over.

lol "Mitch"

Looks like 4 short, cumdumpster. I'll entertain your question when it's 100k+1

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 05:15 PM
Looks like 4 short, cumdumpster. I'll entertain your question when it's 100k+1As long as you're being a pussy about it now, we're good.:tu

Mitch
08-18-2018, 05:39 PM
As long as you're being a pussy about it now, we're good.:tu

Still afraid of 100k :lol

That's cool :tu

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 05:57 PM
Still afraid of 100k :lolBeen there, done that.

Still afraid to say how many alts you have.

That's cool. Try to put some more conditions on it. That's so alpha. :lol

Mitch
08-18-2018, 06:20 PM
Been there, done that.

Still afraid to say how many alts you have.

That's cool. Try to put some more conditions on it. That's so alpha. :lol

Only had one condition, simple perquisite but you sidestep it :lol

Take it easy, cummyD, let me know if you stop pissing your pants over a number.

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 06:32 PM
Only had one condition, simple perquisite but you sidestep it :lol

Take it easy, cummyD, let me know if you stop pissing your pants over a number.:lol You're trying to put conditions over saying a number.

:crysimple prerequisite:cry

lol tough guy

Avante
08-18-2018, 06:35 PM
:lol You're trying to put conditions over saying a number.

:crysimple prerequisite:cry

lol tough guy

Is this guy for real?

FrostKing
08-18-2018, 10:35 PM
Is this guy for real?
Pavlov only exists on the Internet

Chris
08-18-2018, 10:47 PM
Nah, I'm switching back after the Russia investigation is over.

lmao

Avante
08-19-2018, 03:41 AM
Pavlov only exists on the Internet

What do you think is wrong with him?

FrostKing
08-19-2018, 01:28 PM
What do you think is wrong with him?
Haha. Whos Alt account is that? I can't keep up.