PDA

View Full Version : Popovich is a cult leader... Why Kawhi really wanted out

Ruler
08-17-2018, 07:14 AM
https://youtu.be/TdcNrRuT2CE

Watch this video. It is long, but it completely changed my mind about the whole situatiom here. Everything Stephen Jackson has said makes sense. Poppovich is TRULY an egomaniac. Give your thoughts here.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-17-2018, 07:24 AM
hmmmmm

:jack

Calispursfan11
08-17-2018, 07:25 AM
Interesting for sure. Already posted in "Hilarious Vid" thread though.

james evans
08-17-2018, 07:30 AM
this video is pretty much what a handful of us has been saying for a while. This isn't about Kawhi Leonard, it's about a coach who wants to show the world that he's in charge and he's risk losing a title(and he did) just to show everyone he WILL do it his way. He'd rather do it his way and lose than change and win. Belicic is the same way. The guy sat his best corner in the FUCKING SUPER BOWL just to show everyone that he's in charge. Kawhi's not stupid, he's really smarter than everyone else getting from under this bullshit.

Othyus Lalanne
08-17-2018, 07:31 AM
50 Shades...

Someone wants those clicks.

6:40.

Dennis Rodman thrived under Pop? I had no idea.

YGWHI
08-17-2018, 09:57 AM
The video is just crazy. But I find sad that the first time that Pop had to face issues with a franchise player, he lost a top 5 talent.

That's why I give credit to Phil.
He could coach players that Pop could never have dealt, for their high profile and personalities. I have no doubt that Pop would have had a hard time trying to handle MJ, Kobe & Shaq together...

daslicer
08-17-2018, 10:06 AM
The video is just crazy. But I find sad that the first time that Pop had to face issues with a franchise player, he lost a top 5 talent.

He could coach players that Pop could never have dealt, for their high profile and personalities. I have no doubt that Pop would have had a hard time trying to handle MJ, Kobe & Shaq together...

I also find it sad that Kawhi's dick is still stuck in your mouth. Get over it Kawhi was never going to stay in SA regardless of what Pop did. His uncle and him are controlled by a bunch of Jews who want him in LA or NYC. Not much Pop could have done about that.

Dre_7
08-17-2018, 10:07 AM

It really isn't the first time though. It has been said by Manu and Tony that Pop and Timmy would have their "yearly divorce" where they wouldn't talk for weeks, but always managed to work it out. Who knows what were behind those "divorces"? Then we had LMA want out, of course. He may not have been a franchise player at the point he asked out, but he was still LMA.

exstatic
08-17-2018, 10:08 AM

Phil also ran one offense, and punched out when his mentor, Tex Winter, who taught him that offense, retired. Another thing is that he was never able to maintain success, long term. Every team that he took over had already been to the conference finals. Every team that he left was a rotting corpse.

rjv
08-17-2018, 10:41 AM
for all his street cred, sjax really is quite the millenial.

TimmyBuckets
08-17-2018, 10:55 AM
I'm not even gonna list all the accomplishments Spurs have had under "his way," but needless to say this is some SJW pussy type shit.

rjv
08-17-2018, 10:55 AM
I'm not even gonna list all the accomplishments Spurs have had under "his way," but needless to say this is some SJW pussy type shit.

Keepin' it real
08-17-2018, 11:17 AM
I'm outraged. I need a safe space.

Kori Ellis
08-17-2018, 11:26 AM
Lol Kawhi's issues weren't with Pop.

Trainwreck2100
08-17-2018, 11:36 AM

Watch this video. It is long, but it completely changed my mind about the whole situatiom here. Everything Stephen Jackson has said makes sense. Poppovich is TRULY an egomaniac. Give your thoughts here.

9/11 inside job
moon landing fake
vaccines cause autism

every single time one of you conspiracy moonbats share shit, it's literally this line that is given

daslicer
08-17-2018, 11:39 AM
for all his street cred, sjax really is quite the millenial.

He's not a millennial he's a late Gen Xer. The Millennial generation doesn't start until 1980 and Jax was born in 1978.

bklynspursfan
08-17-2018, 11:44 AM
I also find it sad that Kawhi's dick is still stuck in your mouth. Get over it Kawhi was never going to stay in SA regardless of what Pop did. His uncle and him are controlled by a bunch of Jews who want him in LA or NYC. Not much Pop could have done about that.

Exactly... Amazing people still don't see this

bklynspursfan
08-17-2018, 11:45 AM
This idiot said "remember Jason Simmons?" at 11:15

daslicer
08-17-2018, 11:49 AM
Exactly... Amazing people still don't see this

Some people just have a hard time accepted when they have been played. The remaining Kawhi supporters don't want to believe Kawhi played them. That's really what it comes down to.

Cardinal
08-17-2018, 11:50 AM
This is idiotic

rjv
08-17-2018, 11:51 AM
9/11 inside job
moon landing fake
vaccines cause autism

every single time one of you conspiracy moonbats share shit, it's literally this line that is given

:lol

rjv
08-17-2018, 11:51 AM
He's not a millennial he's a late Gen Xer. The Millennial generation doesn't start until 1980 and Jax was born in 1978.

thanks for the rehash but, for the record, i wasn't being literal.

Ice009
08-17-2018, 12:17 PM

I take it you guys (yourself and Timvp) have heard other things, but you're not going to say on an open forum?

CitizenDwayne
08-17-2018, 12:58 PM
Honestly OP sourcing Stephen Jackson makes me not even want to click the link

daslicer
08-17-2018, 01:01 PM

I don't know why you would ever take Jax seriously. This a guy who was kicked off the Spurs twice for bad behavior. This is also a guy who bounced around the league from team to team due to him being a cancer. Every former team he has been with the relationship ended poorly.

bklynspursfan
08-17-2018, 01:20 PM
I take it you guys (yourself and Timvp) have heard other things, but you're not going to say on an open forum?

I feel like I read that somewhere or heard it on a podcast, it was with someone else in the organization, but he had no issues with Pop. Despite the media pushing that he or his camp being mad at the 'you'll have to ask his group' line.

Leetonidas
08-17-2018, 01:26 PM
Stupid thread

stephen jackson
08-17-2018, 02:33 PM
lol this is so crazy it might be true

Mr. Body
08-17-2018, 02:51 PM
The brainwashed person is Kawhi Leonard. Look to his uncle and his stupid Trumper lawyer and other stupid morons who came close to wrecking his career. Pop has coached HOFers and champions. What did those chumps do?

Arcadian
08-17-2018, 03:05 PM
:lol This video is whiney and gay. I always blamed Pop for 2013, but this is just faggy whining.

rjv
08-17-2018, 03:38 PM
:lol This video is whiney and gay. I always blamed Pop for 2013, but this is just faggy whining.

par for the course lately. season can't get here soon enough.

daslicer
08-17-2018, 03:46 PM

So many hit pieces on the Spurs by the media this year. This is starting to get old.

Budkin
08-17-2018, 05:35 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/svb8tKSIpGfHq/giphy.gif

kobyz
08-17-2018, 06:18 PM
i tried warn you about Pop like forever now, knew somthing disaster like losing kawhi would happen...

TheRemix
08-17-2018, 06:23 PM
Pop has fucked up in the past, but damn this is a reach

tonight...you
08-17-2018, 06:23 PM

offset formation
08-17-2018, 06:34 PM

Proxy
08-17-2018, 06:56 PM

Ruler
08-17-2018, 07:01 PM
To be very clear, I'm not giving Kawhi a pass. I still think he's a pussy. But both parties are to blame. Kawhi could have at least opened his damn mouth and not wrote a chitty apology letter that took 5 minutes to write, claiming "it took weeks". But Poppovich is stubborn as hell and don't tell me that video didn't bring up several very accurate takes (it anyone actually watched).

sasaint
08-17-2018, 07:29 PM
9/11 inside job
moon landing fake
vaccines cause autism

Do you believe Number 2 was over-vaccinated?

Barfunk
08-17-2018, 07:32 PM
Shit, as long as I don't have to hurt anyone, I'll join a cult who will pay me $20,000,000 a year to play a game!

tonight...you
08-17-2018, 08:16 PM

tonight...you
08-17-2018, 08:17 PM
To be very clear, I'm not giving Kawhi a pass. I still think he's a pussy. But both parties are to blame. Kawhi could have at least opened his damn mouth and not wrote a chitty apology letter that took 5 minutes to write, claiming "it took weeks". But Poppovich is stubborn as hell and don't tell me that video didn't bring up several very accurate takes (it anyone actually watched).

tonight...you
08-17-2018, 08:18 PM
One more for the trifecta

Walter Donovan
08-17-2018, 08:47 PM

How is OP not pinked yet?

james evans
08-17-2018, 09:04 PM
The brainwashed person is Kawhi Leonard. Look to his uncle and his stupid Trumper lawyer and other stupid morons who came close to wrecking his career. Pop has coached HOFers and champions. What did those chumps do?
they got him the hell out of SA. haha

marinoman
08-17-2018, 09:24 PM
OP is apo

Mikeanaro
08-17-2018, 09:27 PM
NBA forum please.

ivanfromwestwood
08-17-2018, 10:07 PM
This video does have some good points. I could never understand why coach Popovich could act like a jerk during interviews yet the players can never show any emotion after a good play. He has everybody like robots. I hope he lets the youngsters and DDR have fun this season.

SouthTexasRancher
08-17-2018, 10:22 PM
The damn video is 39 minutes long and it starts off with crazy Charles Manson. Uhhh, I think I'll pass on this one.

K...
08-17-2018, 10:27 PM
This video does have some good points. I could never understand why coach Popovich could act like a jerk during interviews yet the players can never show any emotion after a good play. He has everybody like robots. I hope he lets the youngsters and DDR have fun this season.

Uh, get back on defense is pretty fundemental to good coaching. This isn't the NFL. Parker and manu celebrated a ton. This is just silly to criticize

Spurtacular
08-17-2018, 10:47 PM
I'm halfway through the video. Honestly, it's not much different than watching First Take or something. Very hacky; but it does make you think, honestly.

phxspurfan
08-17-2018, 10:56 PM
93 post troll

Spurtacular
08-17-2018, 11:01 PM
Pop's wife was a system player.

cutewizard
08-17-2018, 11:02 PM

:bobo:bobo

cutewizard
08-17-2018, 11:07 PM
Pop listened to Lamarcus, didnt he??

cutewizard
08-17-2018, 11:13 PM
One of the greatest coaches of all time is Coach Ron Jacobs

He was a disciplinarian too, like Pop

God bless his soul...

cutewizard
08-17-2018, 11:15 PM
Shit, as long as I don't have to hurt anyone, I'll join a cult who will pay me $20,000,000 a year to play a game!

Me too, lol

Stabula
08-18-2018, 01:02 AM
The Loose Change of the NBA? :wow

Chinook
08-18-2018, 08:35 AM

Not when the alternative is to get paid $19 Million to stay home.

Mr. Body
08-18-2018, 09:56 AM

Gay frogs. The frogs are making us gay.

offset formation
08-18-2018, 10:04 AM

Lol, no, no it didn't. And, no, no I didn't.

offset formation
08-18-2018, 10:07 AM
Gay frogs. The frogs are making us gay.

That dude actually has followers. Should tell us something about the level of idiocy and depth of the problem we are facing. Add in Q-Anon and 8-chan, and the general ignorance of the MAGAts, and I'd say we are practically already cooked.

John B
08-18-2018, 10:25 AM
Just wasted my time that I can never get back watching this crazy video :sleep:sleep

Stabula
08-18-2018, 12:06 PM
That dude actually has followers. Should tell us something about the level of idiocy and depth of the problem we are facing. Add in Q-Anon and 8-chan, and the general ignorance of the MAGAts, and I'd say we are practically already cooked.

I think you overestimate your understanding of reality and the way the world works

bic50
08-18-2018, 12:21 PM
jews living rent free

bic50
08-18-2018, 12:22 PM
Get over yourself

Mr. Body
08-18-2018, 12:40 PM

Trumpers have basically destroyed this country. Who knows when we can start repairing the incredible damage these idiots have done.

offset formation
08-18-2018, 12:59 PM
Get over yourself

I think you overestimate your understanding of reality and the way the world works

No. Sorry MAGAts.

Stabula
08-18-2018, 01:16 PM
No. Sorry MAGAts.

What an eloquent response :toast

manufan10
08-18-2018, 02:31 PM
Trumpers have basically destroyed this country. Who knows when we can start repairing the incredible damage these idiots have done.

:lol

Fusternino
08-18-2018, 02:34 PM
Watched the full video. Trash.

offset formation
08-18-2018, 02:36 PM
What an eloquent response :toast

:tu

daslicer
08-18-2018, 02:53 PM
jews living rent free

:lol I don't know how telling the truth is living rent free. The fact is Impact Sports is owned by the Jewish billionaire Jeff Sutton and run by his son Joe Sutton. I'm not even angry at them for what they did. Ultimately my anger is directed towards Kawhi and his sleezebag Uncle for allowing all this to happen but the fact is they are just a bunch of puppets controlled by the Suttons. Pretty stupid response from you TBH.

Ginobilly
08-18-2018, 05:32 PM
Lol at anyone thinking leroids was ever thinking about joining the spurs. He is a control freak like pop. There's no way the 2 could ever coexist.

Stabula
08-18-2018, 06:48 PM
:lol I don't know how telling the truth is living rent free. The fact is Impact Sports is owned by the Jewish billionaire Jeff Sutton and run by his son Joe Sutton. I'm not even angry at them for what they did. Ultimately my anger is directed towards Kawhi and his sleezebag Uncle for allowing all this to happen but the fact is they are just a bunch of puppets controlled by the Suttons. Pretty stupid response from you TBH.

:o

Spurtacular
08-19-2018, 07:54 AM
Stop talking about Jews, guys. You're gonna trigger Pavlov.

Spurs16212
08-19-2018, 04:41 PM
Well Pop had a big part in not 1... not 2... not 3... not 4... but 5 NBA Titles with the Silver and Black. I am going to say this and take it for what it is worth. From a coaches stand point... they have their systems and some try to stick to it all the way no grey areas... That I dont agree with. You have to coach to the strengths and weaknesses you have. Even when one player on the roster changes the dynamics of the team changes. LeBron, D-Wade, and Bosh thought they had numerous championships in the bag and they got two... luckily on one the Spurs gave on a silver platter or we would be talking six championships for the Spurs and them being undefeated in the NBA Finals.

The Spurs are capable in this upcoming season but they have to play with the fire, passion, and purpose. They lack a killer instinct. Hopefully we see a change with DeRozan playing with a chip on his shoulder. But coaches are there and paid milliones of dollars to do what they are hired to do and that is coach and Pop is one of the best in the game.

TrumpLovesPop
08-19-2018, 09:21 PM
Alex Jones doesn't go hard enough. He's scared to expose the NASA deceiver who have convinced you noobs that you live on a spinning water ball.

Stabula
08-19-2018, 09:52 PM
Alex Jones doesn't go hard enough. He's scared to expose the NASA deceiver who have convinced you noobs that you live on a spinning water ball.

Preach brother

lefty20
08-20-2018, 03:39 AM
Where do I report for my branding ceremony?

benfti
08-20-2018, 10:28 AM

Wow. Watching that video and forming that conclusion is the leap of an utter moron

TXstbobcat
08-20-2018, 12:42 PM

Went to high school with Alex Jones in Austin. Anderson High. Super nice guy.

PublicOption
08-20-2018, 11:51 PM
That asshole' s uncle is the cult leader.

Stabula
08-21-2018, 04:43 AM

He actually does seem like a nice guy tbh.

YGWHI
08-21-2018, 05:27 AM

It really isn't the first time though. It has been said by Manu and Tony that Pop and Timmy would have their "yearly divorce" where they wouldn't talk for weeks, but always managed to work it out. Who knows what were behind those "divorces"? Then we had LMA want out, of course. He may not have been a franchise player at the point he asked out, but he was still LMA.

My comments wasn't just for Kawhi.
Granted, I said if a coach couldn't deal with a greedy uncle I doubt he could have handled with egomaniac personalities like MJ or Kobe. Or if a coach couldn't deal with toxic situations in a locker room, I doubt he could have handled a situation like Kobe and Shaq together in their last two years.

But I've posted about my doubts about this issue, years before Kawhi's problem.

Since I've joined this forum, I have been saying the whole time that Pop was so lucky to have Tim Duncan as his franchise player. Otherwise, I doubt that Pop's ways would have coexisted with MJ Kobe LeBron or many other superstars in the league.

Phil also ran one offense, and punched out when his mentor, Tex Winter, who taught him that offense, retired. Another thing is that he was never able to maintain success, long term. Every team that he took over had already been to the conference finals. Every team that he left was a rotting corpse.

I said I give credit to Phil for the way he handled his franchise players, not for his style of game. Anyway, every coach takes strategies from others. Just in case, Princeton offense didn't exactly start in the NBa.

DMC
08-21-2018, 08:18 AM

I find it sad that you think this is the first time Pop had an issue with a player. They just don't run to the media because they handle things internally.

DMC
08-21-2018, 08:19 AM
Also, this late trend of calling Kawhi Leonard a franchise player is counting chickens before they hatch. He's never led a franchise. How about we wait until he's done something before we call him a franchise player?

YGWHI
08-21-2018, 08:27 AM
I find it sad that you think this is the first time Pop had an issue with a player. They just don't run to the media because they handle things internally.

But I find sad that the first time that Pop had to face issues with a franchise player, he lost a top 5 talent.
I said with a franchise player, top 5 player. In last 25 years, only DRob, Tim, and Kawhi were at that level and MVP candidates.

If Pop would have had serious issues with DRob or Tim, media would have talked about it. Even if both sides would have tried to hide those problems, media would have heard some noise, those guys are desperate for these stories.

The Spurs can handle things internally with a role player that most media guys don't care but not with a top player in the league, media would find the way to report it.

YGWHI
08-21-2018, 08:43 AM
Also, this late trend of calling Kawhi Leonard a franchise player is counting chickens before they hatch. He's never led a franchise. How about we wait until he's done something before we call him a franchise player?

Like it or not, we call the best player of a team, a franchise player,

We call Curry and KD Warriors franchise players but they're not the vocal leaders on their team nor the true leaders in that locker room.

We called DeRozan and Lowry Raptors franchise players but they just lost in first round every year.

We will call DeRozan and LMA the Spurs franchise players but the vocal leaders will be Pop and Manu, there is no doubt Pop will be the franchise leader.

You can think he didn't do anything but Kawhi won a title and played great for the Spurs most games. I guess he did more than other NBA franchise players in their last 7 years in the league.

duncan2k5
08-21-2018, 10:05 AM

Kawhi never ran to the media... The Spurs did

duncan2k5
08-21-2018, 10:06 AM

Who do u consider franchise players in today's NBA?

TDMVPDPOY
08-21-2018, 10:14 AM
the years where the spurs finish with top3 record but couldnt win the ring...if he got over himself and coached the fkn game, i think spurs should have 2 or more rings to the 5

daslicer
08-21-2018, 10:15 AM
the years where the spurs finish with top3 record but couldnt win the ring...if he got over himself and coached the fkn game, i think spurs should have 2 or more rings to the 5

I feel he cost the Spurs in '06 and '13 but I can't recall any other series where he screwed up.

Ice009
08-21-2018, 10:40 AM
The Spurs should have had 7 or 8 rings IMO. I can't complain about 5, that would be crazy, but I feel with a once in a lifetime player like TD, and then getting lucky enough to get Kawhi, we should/could have had 2.3 more on top of the 5. We left some on the table.

DaBears
08-21-2018, 11:20 AM

The Great Ones have to be, its what separates them from the rest. Name us an all time great Coach or player that didnt have an ego.... Even my fav player TD & MANU had ego's...

DMC
08-21-2018, 03:42 PM

Not Kawhi Leonard

He played one year without Tim Duncan. Certainly he wasn't the franchise leader while Tim was playing and the one year he played without Tim he couldn't handle that role. He quit the subsequent year and then walks out in the middle of his contract basically. That's not a franchise leader. You must first have a franchise.

DMC
08-21-2018, 03:47 PM
The Spurs should have had 7 or 8 rings IMO. I can't complain about 5, that would be crazy, but I feel with a once in a lifetime player like TD, and then getting lucky enough to get Kawhi, we should/could have had 2.3 more on top of the 5. We left some on the table.

We left rings on the table in 2006 and a 2004. You could easily say we left a ring on the table in 2013 however I don't believe we would have won the ring in 2014 had we won in 2013. The team doesn't stay hungry. Playing that type of basketball you have to be very lucky at the right time to get that type of chemistry and movement and AC failure. On paper we weren't the best team but on the floor we were. You'll probably never see a team like that win back-to-back.

daslicer
08-21-2018, 04:22 PM
We left rings on the table in 2006 and a 2004. You could easily say we left a ring on the table in 2013 however I don't believe we would have won the ring in 2014 had we won in 2013. The team doesn't stay hungry. Playing that type of basketball you have to be very lucky at the right time to get that type of chemistry and movement and AC failure. On paper we weren't the best team but on the floor we were. You'll probably never see a team like that win back-to-back.

How did Pop screw up in '04? What could he have done differently to win that series?

manufan10
08-21-2018, 06:51 PM

I'd take the 2014 run over the possibility of 2013 any day. That year was such a beautiful thing to watch.

tonight...you
08-21-2018, 06:59 PM
I used to make sandwiches for him when I worked at Texas French Bread on South Lamar, way back in the day.
He was cool as hell with me, although I might disagree with how he conducts business.

Him and Stevie Ray Vaughn's brother... we became decent friends for a minute.

tonight...you
08-21-2018, 07:03 PM
I'd take the 2014 run over the possibility of 2013 any day. That year was such a beautiful thing to watch.
Fairy tale ending and my beautiful momma (who was a Spurs fan and passed just a few months prior) got her wish.
I cried like a baby while smiling from ear to ear at the same time when they did it.

And how they did it! That was true vengeance...

tonight...you
08-21-2018, 07:07 PM
Kawhi never ran to the media... The Spurs did
Right? Neither did his "crew" either, yes? He was just an innocent babe in the woods being surrounded by angelic protectors who did everything righteously.

I can dig it... on LSD.

manufan10
08-21-2018, 07:19 PM
tNZvNs6r800

:cry

YGWHI
08-21-2018, 07:30 PM
I feel he cost the Spurs in '06 and '13 but I can't recall any other series where he screwed up.

What's about 2011 playoffs. I still can't believe he refused to give Splitter more minutes when the Spurs needed him so much while Marc and ZBo were destroyed them.
To be fair, my isssues with Pop and his playoffs decisions started in 2011 after that first round elimination.

Then 2013 happened. But also, his problems to find an answer for Clips double-high screen in 2015, his reluctance to match Kawhi/LMA minutes with KD/Russ minutes in 2016 -esp LMA's when Bobo and David West were getting killed by OKC bigs-...

On those days, most media said Pop was outplayed by Doc Rivers and Donovan strategies. I disagree. I guess it was just Pop's reluctance to change his game-plan and rotations.
I really think Pop's whims and his lack of ability to adjust in 48' game cost the Spurs at least four eliminations since 2011

DMC
08-21-2018, 07:54 PM
How did Pop screw up in '04? What could he have done differently to win that series?

Robert Horry will tell you.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/07/robert-horry-gregg-popovich-derek-fisher-game-winner-2004-kobe-hate-spurs-lakers-nba-playoffs-story-podcast

YGWHI
08-21-2018, 08:33 PM

It's funny. He will repeat "not Kawhi" but can't name more than one or two players in today NBA.

Like I've said, if Lowry and Derozan were Raptors' franchise players, if Wall is Wizards' franchise player, if AD is Pels' franchise player, there wasn't any issue on calling Kawhi Spurs' franchise player.

TimmyBuckets
08-21-2018, 08:41 PM
It's funny. He will repeat "not Kawhi" but can't name more than one or two players in today NBA.

Like I've said, if Lowry and Derozan were Raptors' franchise players, if Wall is Wizards' franchise player, if AD is Pels' franchise player, there wasn't any issue on calling Kawhi Spurs' franchise player.

And yet he won't end up as any franchise player. Bounce from Toronto, Be 2nd or 3rd fiddle in LA, and eventually die off b/c of his bum legs.

YGWHI
08-21-2018, 09:03 PM
And yet he won't end up as any franchise player. Bounce from Toronto, Be 2nd or 3rd fiddle in LA
3rd fiddle? I doubt it.

He could be Raptors franchise player for many years, I doubt Toronto would say otherwise but you can't force a player to stay if he doesn't want...Who knows what will be his decision next offseason.

However, there is any issue being the 2nd best player on the team of the best player in the world.
Wade was Miami Heat franchise player until LeBron joined the team...If Lebron woud have signed with Lakers in 2010, he would have been the franchise player, not Kobe.

and eventually die off b/c of his bum legs.
Like many other players with quads issues in NBA history. I would say this end is not his fault, he can't change his knee.

daslicer
08-21-2018, 10:30 PM
What's about 2011 playoffs. I still can't believe he refused to give Splitter more minutes when the Spurs needed him so much while Marc and ZBo were destroyed them.
To be fair, my isssues with Pop and his playoffs decisions started in 2011 after that first round elimination.

Then 2013 happened. But also, his problems to find an answer for Clips double-high screen in 2015, his reluctance to match Kawhi/LMA minutes with KD/Russ minutes in 2016 -esp LMA's when Bobo and David West were getting killed by OKC bigs-...

On those days, most media said Pop was outplayed by Doc Rivers and Donovan strategies. I disagree. I guess it was just Pop's reluctance to change his game-plan and rotations.
I really think Pop's whims and his lack of ability to adjust in 48' game cost the Spurs at least four eliminations since 2011

I agree that him not playing Splitter was big mistake but I still don't know if the Spurs would have won that series. Manu was playing with a broken arm so they were already screwed in that regard. I don't blame Pop for the 2016 series against OKC. Duncan's knee being fucked up put them in a bad spot since OKC could then kill the Spurs on the board and there was no answer for the Adams/Kanter combo. OKC was just a bad match up and both LMA/Kawhi disappeared during that series. Can't blame Pop for their choke jobs.

I do believe in 2015 he cost the Spurs the series against the Clippers when he kept on going to the hack-a-Jordan in game 6. The Spurs were up and playing great and it killed the momentum along with putting Duncan in foul trouble.

daslicer
08-21-2018, 10:33 PM
Robert Horry will tell you.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/07/robert-horry-gregg-popovich-derek-fisher-game-winner-2004-kobe-hate-spurs-lakers-nba-playoffs-story-podcast

Horry is claiming that if Pop left Kobe open to take the shot that Kobe would not have made it. Honestly we don't know since Kobe could have hit that shot by being wide open. That's some stupid logic by Horry. Anyways the NBA dicked the Spurs on that .4 shot since they started the clock early.

DMC
08-21-2018, 11:56 PM
Horry is claiming that if Pop left Kobe open to take the shot that Kobe would not have made it. Honestly we don't know since Kobe could have hit that shot by being wide open. That's some stupid logic by Horry. Anyways the NBA dicked the Spurs on that .4 shot since they started the clock early.

Again, I take the word of someone playing for the Spurs at that time over armchair analysts. No offense (a bit like the Spurs last season).

daslicer
08-22-2018, 12:23 AM
Again, I take the word of someone playing for the Spurs at that time over armchair analysts. No offense (a bit like the Spurs last season).

:lol Your free to take the word of a guy who also believes Hakeem was 20 times better than Duncan. But hey going by your logic we would have to take him seriously since he actually played with both Duncan and Hakeem. I just don't believe in your faulty logic.

DMC
08-22-2018, 12:36 AM
:lol Your free to take the word of a guy who also believes Hakeem was 20 times better than Duncan. But hey going by your logic we would have to take him seriously since he actually played with both Duncan and Hakeem. I just don't believe in your faulty logic.

You don't need to get offended just because I take the word of a guy who played in that series on the Spurs over a guy who only posts about it online. Maybe appeal to authority, but we are talking about opinions here.

daslicer
08-22-2018, 12:41 AM
You don't need to get offended just because I take the word of a guy who played in that series on the Spurs over a guy who only posts about it online. Maybe appeal to authority, but we are talking about opinions here.

:lol Sure whatever. Going by your logic you can dismiss everybody's opinion on here simply because they didn't play. I'm just showing how faulty your logic is. What Horry said was profoundly stupid but then again a lot of these players are profoundly stupid hence why they tend to make terrible analysts, GM's, coaches, etc.

J_Paco
08-22-2018, 01:11 AM
:lol Sure whatever. Going by your logic you can dismiss everybody's opinion on here simply because they didn't play. I'm just showing how faulty your logic is. What Horry said was profoundly stupid but then again a lot of these players are profoundly stupid hence why they tend to make terrible analysts, GM's, coaches, etc.

Also, it can't be left out how bitter Horry was about his dismissal from the team. Kobe could have easily hit a game winner and the team still loses. The series, and game, didn't come down to just that huge make by Fisher but also Turkoglu bricking shots, Tony going cold after game 2 and other issues.

Just like Manu's foul in '06 against Dallas in game 7 wasn't the ONLY mistake. Other things lead up to and contribute to game changing/heartbreaking losses...

I guess Larry Brown is an idiot head coach because he didn't have Rasheed remain attached to Horry in '07. Horry is such a better head coach than Pop or GM than R.C. Buford that's why he's led (insert team name here] to six NBA titles and 7 Finals appearances.....

daslicer
08-22-2018, 01:30 AM
Also, it can't be left out how bitter Horry was about his dismissal from the team. Kobe could have easily hit a game winner and the team still loses. The series, and game, didn't come down to just that huge make by Fisher but also Turkoglu bricking shots, Tony going cold after game 2 and other issues.

Just like Manu's foul in '06 against Dallas in game 7 wasn't the ONLY mistake. Other things lead up to and contribute to game changing/heartbreaking losses...

I guess Larry Brown is an idiot head coach because he didn't have Rasheed remain attached to Horry in '07. Horry is such a better head coach than Pop or GM than R.C. Buford that's why he's led (insert team name here] to six NBA titles and 7 Finals appearances.....

Yup I was trying to point out to DMC that Kobe could have still hit the game winning shot if he was left open. A great player like Kobe is more then capable of jacking up a shot and winning a game. Horry's reasoning for this is that Kobe would have had to take a shot that was far away from the basket that he would have missed. That to me is a bunch of bs since I have seen Baron Davis hit a ridiculous game winner with .7 on the clock behind the 3 point line. No doubt Kobe could have done the same thing considering the league started the shot clock late on the Fisher shot and would have done the same for Kobe. Horry just sounds straight up retarded in his scenario since it's not guaranteed the Spurs win either.

On a side note the Spurs tend to have the most bitter former players that have won championships with them in Jax and Horry. I have never seen two players go out of their way to diss a team that they have won titles with. I don't know who is more pathetic Jax or Horry.

J_Paco
08-22-2018, 02:09 AM
Yup I was trying to point out to DMC that Kobe could have still hit the game winning shot if he was left open. A great player like Kobe is more then capable of jacking up a shot and winning a game. Horry's reasoning for this is that Kobe would have had to take a shot that was far away from the basket that he would have missed. That to me is a bunch of bs since I have seen Baron Davis hit a ridiculous game winner with .7 on the clock behind the 3 point line. No doubt Kobe could have done the same thing considering the league started the shot clock late on the Fisher shot and would have done the same for Kobe. Horry just sounds straight up retarded in his scenario since it's not guaranteed the Spurs win either.

On a side note the Spurs tend to have the most bitter former players that have won championships with them in Jax and Horry. I have never seen two players go out of their way to diss a team that they have won titles with. I don't know who is more pathetic Jax or Horry.

Both. LOL

Champions, millionaires and still salty as shit....

Makes no sense, TBH.

I guess we should expect this type of shit from Danny Green or (he who shall not be named) in 10 or 15 years?!

daslicer
08-22-2018, 02:11 AM
Both. LOL

Champions, millionaires and still salty as shit....

Makes no sense, TBH.

I guess we should expect this type of shit from Danny Green or (he who shall not be named) in 10 or 15 years?!

I wonder if Jax and Horry are just straight up attention whores and will do anything to get it. I'm sure both of them know the media hates the Spurs so what better way to get attention by trashing the Spurs. Granted I do believe both are also salty and delusional but you don't see this from former players of other championship squads. Just seems like desperation for attention.

J_Paco
08-22-2018, 02:21 AM
I wonder if Jax and Horry are just straight up attention whores and will do anything to get it. I'm sure both of them know the media hates the Spurs so what better way to get attention by trashing the Spurs. Granted I do believe both are also salty and delusional but you don't see this from former players of other championship squads. Just seems like desperation for attention.

Yeah, Malik Rose and Antonio Daniels were both unceremoniously dropped but neither holds a grudge against the organization. Weird that two players with far more success and accolades find time to bad mouth, discredit and tarnish an organization that greatly helped in their personal success....

(We) Humans are weird creatures, man.....

kobyz
08-22-2018, 02:43 AM
In any proper frenchies Pop would have been thrown out of the team a while for this shit and we would still kept kawhi, unbelievable that this overrated nigga coach is above all, he costs us so much over the years and now costs us the monster kawhi, unforgivable!

Ginobilly
08-22-2018, 07:44 AM
In any proper frenchies Pop would have been thrown out of the team a while for this shit and we would still kept kawhi, unbelievable that this overrated nigga coach is above all, he costs us so much over the years and now costs us the monster kawhi, unforgivable!

At this rate i wouldn't be surprised if pop is some 33rd mason, wican wizard or some shit.:lmao

Rothbardian21
08-22-2018, 07:46 AM
Also recall Kawhi's camp saying Kawhi still greatly respected and admired Pop, and obviously his camp wouldn't have been doing everything they could to keep him hidden away from Pop if they didn't think his words could sway Kawhi.

DMC
09-16-2020, 07:44 PM

Where did this faggot go?