PDA

View Full Version : Jack Reacher

Pages : [1] 2

Avante
08-18-2018, 01:03 AM
Imagine just wandering around going from one adventure to the next. No job (retired miltary) no commitments, don't have to be anywhere at any time. How cool is that?

When he notices his clothes are getting a bit raggety/stinky he finds some thrift shop. Dumps the old stuff.

He spends a lot of time hitch hiking. So many of his adventures start with some ride.

Then there was the time he was in Georgia and started thinking about just how did blues icon Blind Blake die? Something that is a huge blues mystery, he just vanished. So he decides to see what he can find out. Which gets him involved in something else.

Reacher is an X Army cop, a major. Extremely intelligent to go with street smarts. And a massive powerhouse at 6-5 250 pounds of muscle. The guy is a load.

The current Jack Reacher novel is The Midnight Line. Here he is trying to find a fellow soldier who pawned a ring from West Point, since the ring is small he figures it must belong to a female. What he encounters in search of the owner takes us on an exciting journey. We are now in Wyoming after starting out in Ohio and having to deal with Jimmy the Rat and his seven biker buddies who Reacher left laid out in a bar parking lot.

If you have never read Jack Reacher I highly recommend it.

It was about five years ago at a yardsale, I'm looking at some books when this old lady...."you ever read Lee Child?'" I told her....nope. She says....he writes about a big guy like you I think you'd like his books. So I bought the three she had and have read all of them, but, waited until I had the first one then did it in order.

Then there is James Lee Burke and his Louisiana detective Dave Robicheaux. Like Reacher we have seen Robicheaux in the movies, Tommy Lee Jones played the part.

What's kinda weird is both Child and Burke know them blues. Burke talking about Lead Belly, Hogman Maxey.....who recorded a few songs while in Angola Prison. Only a serious blues freak could know about him. I own those prison recordings.

SpursforSix
08-18-2018, 01:06 AM
Kori

Avante
08-18-2018, 01:13 AM
Kori

We must talk movies and TV shows?

Avante
08-18-2018, 01:52 AM
I started thinking about all the hero series books.

Edgar Rice Burroughs wrote about Tarzan and John Carter on Mars. I never got into Tarzan but do own the John Carer on Mars books, all of them.

Lin Carter had ...Thongor....a barbaric hero, I think I own all of those.

Nothing in the fantasy relm compares to Robert E. Howard's Conan. These 12 books are incredible. They are the ultimate if talking the Sword & Sorcery genre.

I own some of the Fu Manchu, Doc Savage, Sherlock Holmes, Philip Marlowe, Micky Spillane, The Sacketts, books, but not close to the complete out put.

J.T. Edson writes about Dusty Fog, a pint sized karate master who just happens to be the fastest gun in the west. Who has his sidekicks Mark Counter a giant badass and the Yasabel Kid who is a master with a knife being part indian, he can track, rope and ride like nobody else. I;m gussing 40ish books I own about half and in the search. Great reads.

While Steinbeck never went with a single character with numerous exploits his books are must reads. Especially Cannery Row.

When it comes to straight Sci Fi. how do you beat Robert Heinlien, yep, ya can't. His Stranger in a Strange Land has to be read.

The Worm Oruboros by E.Eddison might be the worst important book ever, totally disappointed.

Trainwreck2100
08-18-2018, 02:00 AM
Kori Ellis

Avante
08-18-2018, 02:02 AM
Ok ok ok my bad.

So what is your favorite fast food joint?

I forgot...keep it simple.

BD24
08-18-2018, 10:43 AM
Don’t know why everyone is running to Kori. This is actually a semi decent thread. Better than his faggy list and the threads that Derptacular and Fabs make tbh.

spurraider21
08-18-2018, 11:38 AM
Tom Cruise was perfectly cast

SpursforSix
08-18-2018, 11:39 AM
Don’t know why everyone is running to Kori. This is actually a semi decent thread. Better than his faggy list and the threads that Derptacular and Fabs make tbh.

It was a joke. I don’t think anyone gives a shit.

SpursforSix
08-18-2018, 11:41 AM

Yep. Even Lee Child said that Cruise was “100% Reacher”.
Anothwr great example of Hollywood improving on a writer’s pedestrian effort.

benefactor
08-18-2018, 11:48 AM
I can't see what he said, but Avante has been crying like an angry fangirl since the movie came out.

:cry but Reacher was big and Cruise is little :cry

BD24
08-18-2018, 12:04 PM
:lol

Avante
08-18-2018, 02:15 PM

Unless you have read the 20 something Reacher novels you aren't going to get it.

The fact here is a huge badass is a constant it's beaten into you. His size is a huge factor with who the character is.

Imagine Cruise playing Tarzan, it's the exact same thing.

Avante
08-18-2018, 02:16 PM
I can't see what he said, but Avante has been crying like an angry fangirl since the movie came out.

:cry but Reacher was big and Cruise is little :cry

Are you ever going to grow up and act like a man? Look at yourself, yep, a wimp.

Avante
08-18-2018, 02:18 PM
Yep. Even Lee Child said that Cruise was “100% Reacher”.
Anothwr great example of Hollywood improving on a writer’s pedestrian effort.

What we really had is Hollywood totally ignoring who a literary character really is because of....$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 02:22 PM
What we really had is Hollywood totally ignoring who a literary character really is because of....$$$$$$$$$$$$.You said Cruise made it work.

So did the author.

lol

Avante
08-18-2018, 02:27 PM
This from page 12 of ECHO BURNING

And in Reacher's case, it was worse than average, especially right then. He wasn't some dapper little guy, neat and inoffensive. He was a giant, six five, heavily built, close to two hundred and fifty pounds.

That took 12 pages before we were told this is a big dude. Something we are constantly reminded of in all the Reacher books. This is not Tom Cruise.

In the Conan books the fact he is not a talker, afraid of magic, sees women as just a night of pleasure, has his God Crom, can whip a gorilla, is massive, is who he is. This is not Tom Cruise

In the latest Reacher novel THE MIDNIGHT LINE, he is called The Hulk, Big Foot.........who calls Tom Cruise The Hulk, Big Foot, yep...nobody.

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 02:31 PM

And in Reacher's case, it was worse than average, especially right then. He wasn't some dapper little guy, neat and inoffensive. He was a giant, six five, heavily built, close to two hundred and fifty pounds.

That took 12 pages before we were told this is a big dude. Something we are constantly reminded of in all the Reacher books. This is not Tom Cruise.

In the Conan books the fact he is not a talker, afraid of magic, sees women as just a night of pleasure, has his God Crom, can whip a gorilla, is massive, is who he is. This is not Tom CruiseYou said Cruise made it work.

Avante
08-18-2018, 02:37 PM
You said Cruise made it work.

What did I tell you about..you? Pavlov those days are gone, ok? There will be no more of you talking about me/us got it?

Now getting back to you. When did it first hit you that you had problems communicating with others? Did others talk to you about your problem? Did your family understand?

This bit about seeing who you can bother sucks, and we aren't playing that anymore. Starting right now it's all about Pavlov, you do understand that, right?

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 02:40 PM
What did I tell you about..you? Pavlov those days are gone, ok? There will be no moRE of you talking about me/us got it?

Now getting back to you. When did it first hit you that had problems communicating with others? Did others talk to you about the problem? Did your family understand?In have no problem communicating with anyone.

You have a problem admitting you said Cruise made Jack Reacher work.

Avante
08-18-2018, 02:44 PM
In have no problem communicating with anyone.

You have a problem admitting you said Cruise made Jack Reacher work.

Yes you do, everybody sees it. All you ever do is try your best to be a pest, why is that? Now answer my questions, if you plan on talking to me. Ignore those questions and you will be ignored, understand?

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 02:48 PM
Yes you do, everybody sees it. All you ever do is try your best to be a pest, why is that? Now answer my questions, if you plan on talking to me. Ignore those questions and you will be ignored, understand?I don't care about your threats to ignore me.

You always end up not ignoring me.

You said the movie delivered and Cruise made it work.

You just shit all over your own argument about casting literary characters.

Avante
08-18-2018, 02:53 PM
I don't care about your threats to ignore me.

You always end up not ignoring me.

You said the movie delivered and Cruise made it work.

You just shit all over your own argument about casting literary characters.

So why did you dump ChumpDummy?

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 02:56 PM
So why did you dump ChumpDummy?i came back after an absence with the Pavlov alt because of the Russia investigation. I'll switch back when it's done.

Why did you try to use Jack Reacher as an example of bad casting when you actually liked the movie and Cruise's portrayal of Reacher?

Avante
08-18-2018, 03:02 PM
i came back after an absence with the Pavlov alt because of the Russia investigation. I'll switch back when it's done.

Why did you try to use Jack Reacher as an example of bad casting when you actually liked the movie and Cruise's portrayal of Reacher?

Do you simply not get this at all? We are done talking about me, it's all about Pavlov from now on, ok? We all get the game you play, well it ends with me. So here are your options.

1.totally ignore me
2.be prepared to talk about Pavlov

You got that, you understand?

Now tell us about your family, what did your dad do?

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 03:09 PM
Do you simply not get this at all? We are done talking about me, it's all about Pavlov from now on, ok? We all get the game you play, well it ends with me. So here are your options.

1.totally ignore me
2.be prepared to talk about Pavlov

You got that, you understand?

Now tell us about your family, what did your dad do?Oh, you can start a Pavlov thread then.

That'll show me.

This is the Jack Reacher thread that you started.

I was talking about Jack Reacher.

And laughing at you because you had to lie about Jack Reacher.

lol

You got that?

Understand?

Avante
08-18-2018, 03:20 PM
Oh, you can start a Pavlov thread then.

That'll show me.

This is the Jack Reacher thread that you started.

I was talking about Jack Reacher.

And laughing at you because you had to lie about Jack Reacher.

lol

You got that?

Understand?

So did your parents fight all the time so you grew up in a home where constant conflict and chaos were a constant? All you want to do is see if you can bother people, why? Everything is some crap with you, why?

Now answer the questions if you plan on talking to me.

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 03:22 PM
So did your parents fight all the time so you grew up in a home where constant conflict and chaos were a constant? All you want to do is see if you can bother people, why? Everything is some crap with you, why?

Now answer the questionsif you plan on talking to me.I don't plan on talking to you. Everything is some crap with you.

Your comments about Jack Reacher as played by Tom Cruise are wildly inconsistent. I pointed that out and it really seems to have upset you.

Avante
08-18-2018, 03:23 PM
I don't plan on talking to you. Everything is some crap with you.

Obviously you do, look at how many times I've looked down only to see that pin head stupid grin as you hump away on my leg.

Pavlov, it's all going to be about you, ya got that?

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 03:36 PM
Obviously you do, look at how many times I've looked down only to see that pin head stupid grin as you hump away on my leg.

Pavlov, it's all going to be about you, ya got that?This is your Jack Reacher thread.

Why do you want to hijack your own thread?

I mean besides the fact that you shit on your own Jack Reacher argument multiple times.

lol

Avante
08-18-2018, 03:46 PM
This is your Jack Reacher thread.

Why do you want to hijack your own thread?

I mean besides the fact that you shit on your own Jack Reacher argument multiple times.

lol

Pavlov, do you suffer from some ailment that prevents you from understanding the written word?

When you talk to me it will be about you or don't waste my time. I will respond to whatever you have to say about....you. Understand?

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 03:52 PM
Pavlov, do you suffer from some ailment that prevents you from understanding the written word?

When you talk to me it will be about you or don't waste my time. I will respond to whatever you have to say about....you. Understand?I just said that I understand clearly why you are avoiding your own topic in your own thread.

Do you understand what I said about myself there?

Avante
08-18-2018, 03:52 PM
Getting back to Jack Reacher.

You as the reader are sold on the fact no matter what the situation might be, here is the guy who can break down that door. whip that pack of bikers, bend a bar, do herculean whatever it takes. People respond to him like they would any monstrous human being. This is not a little guy like Tom Cruise.

When he is out on the road with his thumb in the air he stands sideways so his size wont be as intimidating. He has talked about that. This is not Tom Cruise.

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 03:54 PM
Getting back to Jack Reacher.

You as the reader as sold on the fact no matter what the situation might be, here is the guy who can break down that door. whip that pack of bikers, bend a bar, do herculean whatever it takes. People respond to him like they would any monstroushuman being. This is not a little guy like Tom Cruise.

Jack Reacher is a Lee Child creation, he is 6-4 240 poubds of mean. Why they cast Tom Cruise in a role that all those who know who Jack Reacher is will.....huh? Is a...huh? But...he made it work.

Speaking of Jack Reacher.

The movie delivered big time, bravo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
lol

Avante
08-18-2018, 04:05 PM
lol

I changed my mind after seeing the movie again and watching both movies.

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 04:06 PM
I changed my mind after seeing the movie again and watching both movies.So the original movie didn't deliver and Tom Cruise didn't make it work?

Avante
08-18-2018, 04:14 PM
So the original movie didn't deliver and Tom Cruise didn't make it work?

So what did you think of the movies? Have you read any of the books?

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 04:17 PM
So what did you think of the movies? Have you read any of the books?lol

Now you're paralyzed. You can't even talk about your own topic anymore.

Jack Reacher

If you have read the books then the movie is great, it really does help knowing the character. Little things ya notice where knowing the books matters.

Jack Reacher is a great movie. Tom Cruise made it work.

Avante said so.

Avante
08-18-2018, 04:24 PM
lol

Now you're paralyzed. You can't even talk about your own topic anymore.

Jack Reacher is a great movie. Tom Cruise made it work.

Avante said so.

Asking a poster what he thought of the movies is talking the topic dummy.

How many boyfriends have you had Pavlov? How long did it take you to realize he wasn't the one? That is how it was with Tom Cruise, it took a little while to see he really isn't the one.

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 04:40 PM
Asking a poster what he thought of the movies is talking the topic dummy.

How many boyfriends have you had Pavlov? How long did it take you to realize he wasn't the one? That is how it was with Tom Cruise, it took a little while to see he really isn't the one.lol now you're not talking about the topic.

Avante is floundering.

Avante
08-18-2018, 04:49 PM
lol now you're not talking about the topic.

Avante is floundering.

Look at yourself, hahahaha! You try soooooooo hard to make everything about a poster other than....you. Hahahahaha!

Pavlov, what is with that? Why do you NEED to bother everyone, well?

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 04:51 PM
Look at yourself, hahahaha! You try soooooooo hard to make everything about a poster other than....you. Hahahahaha!

Pavlov, what is with that? Why do you NEED to bother everyone, well?lol you're not talking about the topic again.

You're desperate to talk about something else.

Avante
08-18-2018, 04:53 PM
lol you're not talking about the topic again.

You're desperate to talk about something else.

Pavlov, I just asked you a question, why aren't you answering it? Why do you constantly ignore questions, well?

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 04:54 PM
Ilol yes you

Avante
08-18-2018, 04:57 PM
lol yes you

I don't want to go back to just having pity on you Pavlov, I did think it would be fun kicking you around but I'm once again starting to feel like a bully picking on a midget. I do feel sorry for you Pavlov as I laugh at you.

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 04:58 PM
I....I....I'm....I....I....OK

lol

Avante
08-18-2018, 05:08 PM
OK

lol

Yep,pity is setting in.

Pavlov
08-18-2018, 05:16 PM
Yep,pity is setting in.Great, you can go back to talking about yourself.

SpursforSix
08-18-2018, 05:21 PM

In the Conan books the fact he is not a talker, afraid of magic, sees women as just a night of pleasure, has his God Crom, can whip a gorilla, is massive, is who he is. This is not Tom Cruise

In the latest Reacher novel THE MIDNIGHT LINE, he is called The Hulk, Big Foot.........who calls Tom Cruise The Hulk, Big Foot, yep...nobody.

Too long. I’ll just catch the movie.

SpursforSix
08-18-2018, 05:23 PM
The Reacher series sounds like just an America version of Harry Potter.

Avante
08-18-2018, 05:43 PM
Great, you can go back to talking about yourself.

As opposed to you talking about me?

Avante
08-18-2018, 05:44 PM
Too long. I’ll just catch the movie.

Let me shorten it for you.

Avante
08-18-2018, 05:46 PM
The Reacher series sounds like just an America version of Harry Potter.

It will take you less than a chapter in any Reacher novel to figure out.....this isn't Harry Potter that's for damn sure.

Spurtacular
08-18-2018, 07:07 PM

Rent free.

Avante
08-18-2018, 07:13 PM
Rent free.

The sad thing is you really believe that. Dude, you were just told you suck, ok?

Spurtacular
08-18-2018, 07:17 PM
The sad thing is you really believe that. Dude, you were just told you suck, ok?

You need to go spar with cuck blake. He's down on your level. :lol

Avante
08-18-2018, 07:23 PM
You need to go spar with cuck blake. (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15045) He's down on your level. :lol

Blake bores me to tears, that's why I ignore him, now look what he can do to your dumbass, hell...making threads about a loser like Blake, are you kidding me?

I have however decided to talk with Blake again he isn't going to stop following me around. I do have some compassion.

What's so damn funny in all this is you really can't see how badly you suck.

Spurtacular
08-18-2018, 07:25 PM
You need to go spar with cuck blake. (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15045) He's down on your level. :lol

Blake bores me to tears

Let's see if you can put one and one together. :lol

Avante
08-18-2018, 07:33 PM
Let's see if you can put one and one together. :lol

I'm not the one wimpering around about Blake and Reck, like a wimp, that would be you. Are you really that sensitive?

BD24
08-18-2018, 07:35 PM
Avante/Derp fights are quality entertainment

Avante
08-18-2018, 07:39 PM

Fights? I was thinking Avante in a tank vs Spurwhocares on a skateboard equipped with a bb gun.

Spurtacular
08-18-2018, 07:44 PM

Batting off a gnat ain't a fight for me; but I get what you're trying to do. You sad, bruh.

BD24
08-18-2018, 07:45 PM
I ain't fighting, bruh.
Sure..whatever u say. Now argue with Avante for another 3 pages....go

BD24
08-18-2018, 07:46 PM
Batting off a gnat ain't a fight for me; but I get what you're trying to do. You sad, bruh.
Nice edit faggot. Clearly u don’t care :lol

Spurtacular
08-18-2018, 07:53 PM
You really got me on all that; you'd better hurry and write it in your diary, dabom.

BD24
08-18-2018, 07:55 PM
Oh I forgot I’m Dabom. Better log into my main and start posting on it dabom

WTF did you do to this cat? You fuck his momma and make him watch in the corner?

Avante
08-18-2018, 07:55 PM

Midgets on the internet, not a good combo as we can see.

Avante
08-18-2018, 08:09 PM
Oh I forgot I’m Dabom. Better log into my main and start posting on it dabom (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=47543)

WTF did you do to this cat? You fuck his momma and make him watch in the corner?

I don't know about you BD24 but doesn't it bother you to kick around midget? I almost feel guilty.

Xevious
08-19-2018, 12:16 AM

Until one of them asks for their ass to be munched on.

Avante
08-19-2018, 12:19 AM
Until one of them asks for their ass to be munched on.

Dude, do something other than see who you can bother, ok?

Xevious
08-19-2018, 03:12 AM
Dude, do something other than see who you can bother, ok?
Sure thing, Gramps. :tu

Avante
08-19-2018, 03:16 AM
Sure thing, Gramps. :tu

Hard for you to be cool isn't it son?

Darth_Pelican
08-19-2018, 10:09 AM
Lol

Blake
08-19-2018, 11:20 AM
Rent free.

You need to go spar with cuck blake. He's down on your level. :lol

Literally two posts apart.

I don't give a shit about this thread and you guys still can't keep me out of it

Blake
08-19-2018, 11:29 AM
hell...making threads about a loser like Blake, are you kidding me?

You've started how many threads about me?

You guys are fucking idiots.

Avante
08-19-2018, 02:17 PM
You've started how many threads about me?

You guys are fucking idiots.

I've tried everything Blake to tell you how badly you suck and I want nothing to do with you. I've gone months totally ignoring you which should tell you to leave me alone but what do you do, yep, you STILL STILL STILL follow me around. Dude, are you really this totally messed up? When somebody won't talk to you leave them alone, but not you.

Blake, what really is your problem guy? And, if you MUST talk to me then be cool and we'll talk, don't act like a total jerk.

Why are you such a damn prick guy?

Blake
08-19-2018, 02:32 PM
I've tried everything Blake to tell you how badly you suck and I want nothing to do with you.

Why are you talking about me in a Jack Reacher thread then?

You're a buffoon.

Avante
08-19-2018, 02:50 PM
Why are you talking about me in a Jack Reacher thread then?

You're a buffoon.

I didn't bring your name up, right?

Blake, why do you follow a buffoon around? That makes sense to you?

And, why totally ignore what I just told you? What is wrong with you Blake, well?

Blake
08-19-2018, 03:02 PM
I didn't bring your name up, right?

Blake, why do you follow a buffoon around? That makes sense to you?

And, why totally ignore what I just told you? What is wrong with you Blake, well?

Still talking me. Still not talking Jack Reacher.

Avante
08-19-2018, 03:11 PM
Still talking me. Still not talking Jack Reacher.

Do you ever answer anything? Blake, you CONSTANTLY follow me around despite being ignored, now here I am FINALLY giving you what ya must have wanted...me...and look how ya act. You should be thrilled to death I'm actually talking to you, isn't that what you've wanted. If not then why follow me around?

Blake, why are you such a total, complete prick, well?

Blake
08-19-2018, 03:11 PM
Still me. Still no Reacher.

How much longer?

Avante
08-19-2018, 03:16 PM
Still me. Still no Reacher.

How much longer?

Ok Blake, I gave you your chance. I let you take this where you wanted to go with it. So what did you do, yep, act like the jerk/idiot you MUST be.

So, let's go back to how it was , you following me around, me ignoring you.

Blake, you have some serious problems, real talk.

Adios~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avante
08-19-2018, 03:41 PM
Now that I've dumped the garbage.

Why Dave Bautista was never considered for the part of Reacher...? He would have been perfect.

Keep in mind, people look at the hulking monstosity differently. And we are told this. No doubt Bautista gets that same treatment. Little Tom Cruise....ha!

Of all the rasslers who ended up in Hollywood The Rock is the best actor, he's great. Then it is Bautista, he's good, totally sells his character.

As Reacher he could simply stand up and..."now you sure you want to do this". His size and look will have the bad guys rethinking things. What happens when Tom Cruises stands up....ha!

Blake
08-19-2018, 03:43 PM
You're such an idiot

Avante
08-19-2018, 03:54 PM
You're such an idiot

See how easy this was for me Blake. You are so owned it's comical. I can do whatever I want with you and you are too damn stupid to see it.

This will be my good bye Blake and you will STILL respond I guarantee it. And you will still follow me around, ya see you belong to me.

I will trade the little guy any offers?

See ya~~~~~~~~

Blake
08-19-2018, 03:58 PM
Oh look more me.

Avante
08-19-2018, 04:03 PM
100%, totally, completely..........OWNED.

Here he comes again, watch.

Blake
08-19-2018, 04:14 PM
You were talking about me first.

You just can't talk about the thread, can you. You'll talk about me again. Watch.

Spurtacular
08-19-2018, 06:37 PM
Literally two posts apart.

I don't give a shit about this thread and you guys still can't keep me out of it

You don't need to give a shit about it to be the dullard for your fellow dullard avante.

EDIT: Oh, I see you realized that.

Avante
08-19-2018, 06:44 PM
You don't need to give a shit about it to be the dullard for your fellow dullard avante.

EDIT: Oh, I see you realized that.

Grow up son, ok?

BD24
08-19-2018, 07:13 PM
Grow up son, ok?
Son? Is Spurt Mason? That would make a lot sense tbh

Avante
08-19-2018, 07:21 PM
Explain.

BD24
08-19-2018, 07:43 PM
He hates blacks because his dad had an unhealthy obsession with black men for starters. Secretly wishing Mason was a black track athlete instead of white overweight slob like his dad.

thats why he is so obsessed with trying to prove that whites are as good of athletes as blacks.

Avante
08-19-2018, 07:55 PM
He hates blacks because his dad had an unhealthy obsession with black men for starters. Secretly wishing Mason was a black track athlete instead of white overweight slob like his dad.

thats why he is so obsessed with trying to prove that whites are as good of athletes as blacks.

Mason is like me when it comes to blacks, he has the utmost respect for their athletic/musical ability. But.....not a fan of their inability to accept responsibility for the children they are responsible for. Which is why we see the problems we do on the streets.

There has been studies made about just why blacks are superior in some physical endeavors. They do possess a unique physique, this is a proven fact.

DMC
08-19-2018, 10:33 PM
:lol there's 35 consecutive "ignored" posts ITT

Avante
08-19-2018, 10:38 PM
:lol there's 35 consecutive "ignored" posts ITT

Yawn!

Xevious
08-20-2018, 04:58 AM
SLP9mbCuhJc

Avante
08-20-2018, 12:26 PM
SLP9mbCuhJc

Start a thread, do something on your own, ok?

Avante
08-20-2018, 05:07 PM
Getting back to Jack Reacher

I'm thinking his record for kicking butt is him vs seven. I could be wrong, I do know it's at least seven.

Wait a minute, actually a couple of the bad guys usually take off running after watching their buddies go down.

Blake
08-20-2018, 05:13 PM
Start a thread, do something on your own, ok?

Crying about others

Avante
08-20-2018, 05:16 PM
Crying about others

Crying about me yet again.

Blake
08-20-2018, 05:38 PM
No I'm not. I don't care about you. Stop your whining about others and just stick to the topic, pussy.

Avante
08-20-2018, 06:01 PM
No I'm not. I don't care about you. Stop your whining about others and just stick to the topic, pussy.

Yes you are, and if you don't care SOOOOO MUCH about me then do as I ask and totally ignore me, why can't you do that? I just spent seven months totally ignoring you because in my opinion you're a boring asshole. But you can't ignore me.....EVER....why?

Blake
08-20-2018, 06:13 PM
More "me".

Stay on topic, pussy.

Avante
08-20-2018, 06:17 PM
More "me".

Stay on topic, pussy.

Dude, have you said anything at all about Jack Reacher? You are here to once again/as usual talk about....me.

Watch

Blake, talk to us about Jack Reacher, ok? You can't so why are you here?

Jack Reacher
08-20-2018, 06:30 PM
What's this guy's problem?

Avante
08-20-2018, 06:41 PM
What's this guy's problem?

I have this trip about authenticity. Only southern blacks can sing them old Mississippi Delta blues. Only shitkickers can sing country. If the movie is Davey Crockett at the Alamo then I need a white guy in a coon skin cap, don't give me Kevin Hart in a cowboy hat.

After reading 20ish Jack Reacher novels you are sold on here is a big monstrous badass. Then here comes the movie...and ittie bittie Tom Cruise is trying to sell big monstrous badass......huh????

People get out of Reachers way, he's been called Big Foot, The Hulk, this is not Tom Cruise.

Walter Donovan
08-21-2018, 07:54 PM
Jack Reacher might possibly be one of the most unoriginal movies in recent memory... It is essentially another installment of the Mission Impossible series. Stop hyping up this movie for more than what it is.

Avante
08-21-2018, 08:01 PM
Jack Reacher might possibly be one of the most unoriginal movies in recent memory... It is essentially another installment of the Mission Impossible series. Stop hyping up this movie for more than what it is.

Second Son""Second Son" is a snapshot of the life of Reacher and his family circa 1974, while they are stationed on a military base (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_base) in Okinawa (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okinawa). Upon arriving they immediately get into deep trouble that is compounded by some bad news. The action is interspersed with contemplative moments, such as when 13-year-old Jack's grandfather, a prosthetic-limb maker and World War I (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I) veteran in Paris, recounts that "… a great war leaves a country with three armies: an army of cripples, an army of mourners, and an army of thieves."

When did the Mission Impossible movies start?

Walter Donovan
08-21-2018, 10:44 PM
Second Son"

"Second Son" is a snapshot of the life of Reacher and his family circa 1974, while they are stationed on a military base (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_base) in Okinawa (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okinawa). Upon arriving they immediately get into deep trouble that is compounded by some bad news. The action is interspersed with contemplative moments, such as when 13-year-old Jack's grandfather, a prosthetic-limb maker and World War I (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I) veteran in Paris, recounts that "… a great war leaves a country with three armies: an army of cripples, an army of mourners, and an army of thieves."

When did the Mission Impossible movies start?

Now look numbskull, nobody really cares when the Mission Impossible movie series started, or how long Jack Reacher has been around. Literally nobody cares. Okay? All I’m saying is that you obviously have some strange, abnormal obsession with Jack Reacher, seeing as you have made two threads with an identical title.

Avante
08-21-2018, 10:53 PM
Now look numbskull, nobody really cares when the Mission Impossible movie series started, or how long Jack Reacher has been around. Literally nobody cares. Okay? All I’m saying is that you obviously have some strange, abnormal obsession with Jack Reacher, seeing as you have made two threads with an identical title.

Who brought up Mission Impossible, oh yeah your dumb ass. Pay attention rookie, the first Reacher thread was postedi n 2013, the second in 2018. There has been another Reacher movie, ok?

Dude, do something besides leeching off others, ya got that bitch? Now beat it.

Walter Donovan
08-23-2018, 05:55 PM
Who brought up Mission Impossible, oh yeah your dumb ass. Pay attention rookie, the first Reacher thread was postedi n 2013, the second in 2018. There has been another Reacher movie, ok?

Dude, do something besides leeching off others, ya got that bitch? Now beat it.

Getting all worked up over a lackluster Tom Cruise movie :lmao

Dude, just look at yourself.

Avante
08-23-2018, 06:05 PM
Getting all worked up over a lackluster Tom Cruise movie :lmao

Dude, just look at yourself.
Dude, look at yourself, calling a stranger a numbskull over a movie, really? Then trying to compare a Lee Child novel about a wandering X-military cop to .....Mission Impossible......which is totally completely something different......huh?????

Dude, think before ya post, got it?

Avante
08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Getting back to why Cruise just doesn't work....

Page 167 The Midnight Line

He was stiffer in the joints than Reacher, but those joints started out much closer together, because he was smaller.

Size......is a constant in all the Reacher novels, we are constantly being reminded of his size. In this novel he is called...The Hulk...Big Foot. Who thinks The Hulk and Tom Cruise?

Jack Reacher is suppose to be an X miltary cop who just wanders around doing what he wants, a loner. A big 6-5 250 monstrosity just wandering around. How can a little normal looking guy play the part of Conan....well this is no different.

Avante
08-23-2018, 06:43 PM
J.T.Edson is a famous writer of westerns. His main hero is Dusty Fog a 5-6 X Civil war hero who is also the fastest gun in Texas and he even knows karate. There must be 50 Dusty Fog novels. Which tells us he has a following. I own about half.

Now if Hollywood comes calling (surprised they haven't) you can't have a guy 6-2 playing Dusty Fog, that would be ridiculous.

Dusty Fog

Dusty (Dustine Edward Marsden Fog) is the principal protagonist in most of the Floating Outfit stories and Civil War stories. Short[6] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._T._Edson#cite_note-6) but strongly built for his height, Dusty is exceptionally fast with his twin Colts and commonly considered the fastest gun in Texas, a skilled rifle shot though usually preferring a Winchester carbine (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_rifle) as being more suited to his small stature, and unequalled in hand-to-hand combat either unarmed or with a sabre.

chunticakes
08-23-2018, 06:58 PM
Mason is like me when it comes to blacks, he has the utmost respect for their athletic/musical ability. But.....not a fan of their inability to accept responsibility for the children they are responsible for. Which is why we see the problems we do on the streets.

There has been studies made about just why blacks are superior in some physical endeavors. They do possess a unique physique, this is a proven fact.

Bend over I'll fuckin show you why blacks are superior.

SpursforSix
08-23-2018, 09:06 PM

Translation...talk to me about that little fella’ Jack Reacher...

ok...got milk? Shoe’s on the other foot now.
Ancient Chinese secret huh?

Avante
08-23-2018, 09:45 PM

Actually all you are capable of doing is that right there, yep, just acting retarded.

Avante
08-23-2018, 09:49 PM
Jack Reacher 6-5 250
Tom Cruise under 6 foot tall 200 pounds.

Where is the common sense?

chunticakes
08-24-2018, 12:30 AM
Jack Reacher 6-5 250
Tom Cruise under 6 foot tall 200 pounds.

Where is the common sense?

Bend over, I'll fuckin show ya a Reacher.

Avante
08-24-2018, 01:31 AM
Bend over, I'll fuckin show ya a Reacher.

translation

Hey Avante, how does Reacher have any money?

Good question half pint.

He gets a pension from the Army. But since he has no house payments or any payments of any kind being a wanderer he does just fine.

Avante
08-24-2018, 01:53 AM
This is from the introduction from the very first Reacher novel...KILLING FLOOR. An intro to a reprint.

So he's an ex-military officer, he's American, he's alienated, he struggles to participate effectively in civilian society, and he has a plain name. And he's huge.
He's six feet five inches tall and around two hundred and fifty pounds, all of it muscle.

In TRIPWIRE after he's been doing physical labor in the sun for a spell, he's described as looking "like a condom stuffed with walnuts". No one in their right mind would mess with him.

Then it goes on and on talking about just how big and bad this guy really is. Stuff like...."why did you give up football"...his reply.."I was too violent"

Tom Cruise???...hahahahaha~~~~ Tom Cruise wouldn't make a zit on Jack Reachers ass.

Stold this....

The title character of Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels is a monster. Jack Reacher has seen a yogurt, but he has never eaten one. His chest is so big and tough that he once stopped a bullet with his muscles. Reacher disdains former education but has an encyclopedic knowledge of train timetables and the history of, for instance, Boots the chemist. If in doubt – although he is never in doubt – Reacher says nothing. He travels the land with only a toothbrush and a passport, buying new clothes instead of washing his old ones. Reacher does not do laundry. He speaks French, but not in the same weak-willed way as lesser men. He knows the time without checking. Jack Reacher is a pure male fantasy, the do-good drifter with no ties, no responsibilities and an unerring sense of right and wrong. He is 6'6", 250lbs of solid muscle and blondness, and you do not want to pick a fight with him because he will mess you up.

That is not Tom Cruise.

Tom Cruise too short and clean-cut for tough guy giant in new film (Jack Reacher), say fans
https://secure.i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03444/sherwell_60_3444347j.jpg (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/philip-sherwell/)
By Philip Sherwell (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/philip-sherwell/), New York

6:00AM GMT 02 Dec 2012

For devotees of Jack Reacher, the hulking anti-hero created by bestselling British writer Lee Child, his big screen debut this month played by a Hollywood superstar would seem to be a cause for celebration.

But many "Reacher creatures", as his ardent fans refer to themselves, are seething because they believe the actor cast to fill the tough guy's size 13 boots does not measure up to the part.

The fictional character is an unkempt giant of a man, 6ft 5in tall and tipping the scales at more than 15 stone (220lbs), with a 50in chest, ice-blue eyes and messy blond hair, who deploys his size to advantage in his frequent fights.

In the eponymous new film, however, the ex-US military policeman is portrayed by Tom Cruise, a clean-cut heart-throb who is 5ft 7in and is widely reported to have worn hidden shoe platforms for photographs alongside his former wives and leading ladies.

Aficionados of the series of 17 novels, which have sold 60 million copies worldwide, are venting their dismay in caustic comments about the actor's stature, immaculate locks and well-groomed looks ahead of the world premier of Jack Reacher in London next week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Only those with no clue at all about what is really going on here wouldn't understand just how stupid it is to have a midget play Jack Reacher. But then again there are those here who think middle school kids can run Olympic times in the 200m.

Avante
08-24-2018, 03:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpeOz2jUE5U

That should have been Reacher in the movies, the actor Dave Bautista.

Or.......the actor Bill Goldberg (ex-Atlanta Falcon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT2cXFu9Kyo

Xevious
08-24-2018, 03:25 AM
Casting a retired WWE wrestler and supporting actor to headline the very mediocre Reacher movies would not have improved them one bit. The only thing it would've done is guarantee and smaller box office take without Cruise' star power.

Avante
08-24-2018, 03:31 AM
Casting a retired WWE wrestler and supporting actor to headline the very mediocre Reacher movies would not have improved them one bit. The only thing it would've done is guarantee and smaller box office take without Cruise' star power.

BINGO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that is why we saw the midget Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher as I mentioned, yep...$$$$$$$$$$$...as I said.

YES...$$$$$$$$$$$...is always the bottom line. Who even knows what a Jack Reacher is, while everyone knows Tom Cruise.

If you can't let a fictious literary character stay true to his identity in a movie then why even bother with it?

Could Tom Criuse really pull this off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgEEn75JEuY

Or this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyuefjAuqOw

Tom Cruise vs Al Pacino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxni6VZd4II

Avante
08-24-2018, 04:26 AM
A little too short but.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLXspnAKWQI

Now somebody will say...."he's over 300 pounds, he's too big"......now size matters?

Avante
08-24-2018, 07:01 PM
The next Jack Reacher movie needs to have a black Reacher, yep, it's time. Bobby Lashley would be perfect in the role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94wMb7i8ntE

Never mind.

Pavlov
08-25-2018, 12:59 AM
Cruise was great as Reacher.

Let it go, Avante.

Avante
08-25-2018, 03:25 AM
Cruise was great as Reacher.

Let it go, Avante.

Work with me here,

If you have never read the Jack Reacher novels then you aren't aware of just who Reacher is and what he's all about. All you know is you like Tom Cruise.

If you are a Jack Reacher aficinado and have read all the books then you know just how ridiculous it was to have a little guy to play the part.

In every Reacher novel the fact he is big, actually monstrous is made very clear. And you are constantly reminded that here is one big bad dude. You cannot have a little guy play the the role of Jack Reacher.

I seriously doubt anyone here as ever read a Jack Reacher novel. If not for the movies they would have no clue who he even was. In order to sell the moivie to the public they needed a known commoniity, enter..........Tom Cruise.

You have read all the Robert E. Howards CONAN novels, you know the story. Here is a massive barbaric monstrosity, hell....he's choked a bull gorilla out, a lion would be.....ho hum. Tom Cruise as CONAN.......hahahaha~~~~

Lee Child saw an oppurtunity to make some $$$$$$$. So he took it.

Avante
08-25-2018, 04:09 AM
We all know the Superman story, the Batman story. We all know the story of Zorro. You can't just do whatever you want there to make a movie. You can't make Superman a black guy from Harlem, a pimp. You can't put Batman on a ranch in west Texas. You can't make Zorro a seaman off the coast of Jamaica. And you can't take a 6-5 250 pound monster in Jack Reacher and make a midget out of him, yep.....common sense.

Trust me I get this....just mess with Avante.....but don't act totally stupid doing it.

If Hollywood decided to do the movie......Tom Cruise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN3exiuyQJc

Tom Cruise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMZ9_yrCIqU

Tom Cruise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc5qT4Kvuqg

Pavlov
08-25-2018, 11:19 AM
Work with me here,

If you have never read the Jack Reacher novels then you aren't aware of just who Reacher is and what he's all about. All you know is you like Tom Cruise.

If you are a Jack Reacher aficinado and have read all the books then you know just how ridiculous it was to have a little guy to play the part.

In every Reacher novel the fact he is big, actually monstrous is made very clear. And you are constantly reminded that here is one big bad dude. You cannot have a little guy play the the role of Jack Reacher.

I seriously doubt anyone here as ever read a Jack Reacher novel. If not for the movies they would have no clue who he even was. In order to sell the moivie to the public they needed a known commoniity, enter..........Tom Cruise.

You have read all the Robert E. Howards CONAN novels, you know the story. Here is a massive barbaric monstrosity, hell....he's choked a bull gorilla out, a lion would be.....ho hum. Tom Cruise as CONAN.......hahahaha~~~~

Lee Child saw an oppurtunity to make some $$$$$$$. So he took it.Tom Cruise was great as Reacher. You just lack imagination and have to be spoon fed your prejudices.

Blake
08-25-2018, 11:35 AM
....you can't put Batman on a ranch in west Texas.

Ya really really lack imagination, old fart. ~~~~sheesh

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2015/04/cowboy-batman-130831.gif

Avante
08-25-2018, 03:18 PM
Tom Cruise was great as Reacher. You just lack imagination and have to be spoon fed your prejudices.

What about....if you have never read a Reacher novel......don't you get? But if you know the character then some little 5-7 guy just doesn't work.

Avante
08-25-2018, 03:22 PM
Ya really really lack imagination, old fart. ~~~~sheesh

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2015/04/cowboy-batman-130831.gif

No Batmobile? No Gotham City? That's not Batman.

Avante
08-25-2018, 03:40 PM
Hijack because I can.

I'm watching a HS football game between Cedar Crove (Ga)vs Hewit-Trusselle (Ala) The nations top WR a kid named Jadon Haselwood (Cedar Crove) is really something special. Tall, fast, smooth, fluid, and explosive. Remember that name.

But it's the size of these offensive lines that grabs ya, imagine a "HS" line averaging 300 pounds. One of these kids is 340 pounds.(fat right now but that will be fixed)

I have no doubts the 2018 Alabama team could beat those Lombardi Packers teams. And, the very elite HS teams could beat those all white SWC/SEC teams from back in the day.

Later today the best team in the MEAC NCA&T*** will take on Jacksonville State the best team from the Ohio Valley Conference.

Right this second a speedy (4.4 as we were told) RB around the corner and gone......ah, not really...he gets ran down by Jadon Haselwood (yep plays both ways)

*** The Bears Tarik Cohen an alum

Avante
08-25-2018, 04:04 PM
Imagination isn't about taking an established myth, comic book hero, literary character and getting stupid with it. Imagination is coming up with something unique and different.

The Tolkien Lord of the Rings stories, Robert E. Howards The Hyborian Age, ERB's John Carter on Mars, Sax Rohmers Fu Manchu, that's imagination. Messing with somebody elses creation is simply stupid.

Kenneth Robeson's Doc Savage, that's imagination. Making him black, short, from Mars isn't imagination, it's stupidity.

Pavlov
08-25-2018, 04:05 PM
Hijack because I can.

I'm watching a HS football game between Cedar Crove (Ga)vs Hewit-Trusselle (Ala) The nations top WR a kid named Jadon Haselwood (Cedar Crove) is really something special. Tall, fast, smooth, fluid, and explosive. Remember that name.

But it's the size of these offensive lines that grabs ya, imagine a "HS" line averaging 300 pounds. One of these kids is 340 pounds.(fat right now but that will be fixed)

I have no doubts the 2018 Alabama team could beat those Lombardi Packers teams. And, the very elite HS teams could beat those all white SWC/SEC teams from back in the day.

Later today the best team in the MEAC NCA&T*** will take on Jacksonville State the best team from the Ohio Valley Conference.

Right this second a speedy (4.4 as we were told) RB around the corner and gone......ah, not really...he gets ran down by Jadon Haselwood (yep plays both ways)

*** The Bears Tarik Cohen an alum:lol no imagination dipshit Avante abandons his own topic.

Avante
08-25-2018, 04:11 PM
:lol no imagination dipshit Avante abandons his own topic.

Can't do anything but talk about other posters idiot Pavlov too stupid to get....my thread do what I want.

Dude, you leech off others, what do you ever do, well?

Pavlov
08-25-2018, 04:13 PM
Can't do anything but talk about other posters idiot Pavlov too stupid to get....my thread do what I want.

Dude, you leech off others, what do you ever do, well?
Tom Cruise was great as Jack Reacher.

You have no imagination.

Well?

Avante
08-25-2018, 04:16 PM
Tom Cruise was great as Jack Reacher.

You have no imagination.

Well?

Pavlov, what is wrong with you, don't act like you can't read. I asked you a question....what do you ever do but leech off everyone else? Well?

Avante
08-25-2018, 04:32 PM
It really is funny.

No matter who it is, no matter what the topic is....

Pavlov...you..yakyak...you...yaketyyak...you....ya k....you
You.....Pavlov, how about you?
Pavlov............................................ .....

Avante
08-25-2018, 04:39 PM
Reader reactions to 'Jack Reacher': The fans are furious

December 21, 2012 (http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/21)|By Carolyn Kellogg

Email

http://www.trbimg.com/img-50d3bc8d/turbine/la-et-jc-fans-react-to-tom-cruise-as-jack-reac-001/600 (http://www.trbimg.com/img-50d3bc8d/turbine/la-et-jc-fans-react-to-tom-cruise-as-jack-reac-001/600)

Tom Cruise plays the title character in "Jack Reacher." (Karen Ballard / Paramount…)

Author Lee Child created a killer character with Jack Reacher. A brutal ex-military officer with a thirst for justice, he's a force — a massive force. Six-foot-five, 220-250 lbs., with a 50-inch chest is specified on Child's website (http://leechild.com/).

For months, fans of the books — 17 so far — have been anticipating the film "Jack Reacher," which opens this weekend, with comments such as: "hope it flops." They are not looking forward to seeing Tom Cruise, not known for his bulk, portray the hero of Child's novels.

The comments (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/jacketcopy/2012/07/tom-cruise-as-jack-reacher-see-lee-childs-antihero-video.html#comments) on an earlier Jacket Copy post reveal just how furious Reacher fans are. Here's a sample:

Mark Bray: "A movie like this should be made for loyal fans of the book series. To those who don't know who Jack Reacher is, this is just another action movie, who cares. To fans of Reacher/Child, this is a joke. This movie is a mistake for Cruise and Child, if you can call making tens of millions of dollars a mistake. But playing a role that he is comically unsuited for will only hurt Cruise's career, and a lot of Lee Child fans feel betrayed for letting this happen."

Jackie Hulbert: "My vote is a BIG BIG NO NO NO NO NO NO NO to seeing it — hitting Hollywood big whigs where it hurts. They've done it to us for years by putting the popular, oh so wrong, individual in a role thinking it will draw in more crowds. I think it's time we took a stand ... stand outside the cashier's

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't talked with anyone who know the books that isn't....what a joke.

This right off Lee Childs website

Jack Reacher
October 29
6'5", 220-250 lbs., 50" chest********************************************* *
Dirty-blond
Ice Blue
3XLT coat, 95 cm. pants' inseam

Pavlov
08-25-2018, 04:56 PM
Pavlov, what is wrong with you, don't act like you can't read. I asked you a question....what do you ever do but leech off everyone else? Well?I discuss many topics with people who aren't idiots without any imagination.

Pavlov
08-25-2018, 04:57 PM
Reader reactions to 'Jack Reacher': The fans are furious

December 21, 2012 (http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/21)|By Carolyn Kellogg

Email

http://www.trbimg.com/img-50d3bc8d/turbine/la-et-jc-fans-react-to-tom-cruise-as-jack-reac-001/600 (http://www.trbimg.com/img-50d3bc8d/turbine/la-et-jc-fans-react-to-tom-cruise-as-jack-reac-001/600)

Tom Cruise plays the title character in "Jack Reacher." (Karen Ballard / Paramount…)

Author Lee Child created a killer character with Jack Reacher. A brutal ex-military officer with a thirst for justice, he's a force — a massive force. Six-foot-five, 220-250 lbs., with a 50-inch chest is specified on Child's website (http://leechild.com/).

For months, fans of the books — 17 so far — have been anticipating the film "Jack Reacher," which opens this weekend, with comments such as: "hope it flops." They are not looking forward to seeing Tom Cruise, not known for his bulk, portray the hero of Child's novels.

The comments (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/jacketcopy/2012/07/tom-cruise-as-jack-reacher-see-lee-childs-antihero-video.html#comments) on an earlier Jacket Copy post reveal just how furious Reacher fans are. Here's a sample:

Mark Bray: "A movie like this should be made for loyal fans of the book series. To those who don't know who Jack Reacher is, this is just another action movie, who cares. To fans of Reacher/Child, this is a joke. This movie is a mistake for Cruise and Child, if you can call making tens of millions of dollars a mistake. But playing a role that he is comically unsuited for will only hurt Cruise's career, and a lot of Lee Child fans feel betrayed for letting this happen."

Jackie Hulbert: "My vote is a BIG BIG NO NO NO NO NO NO NO to seeing it — hitting Hollywood big whigs where it hurts. They've done it to us for years by putting the popular, oh so wrong, individual in a role thinking it will draw in more crowds. I think it's time we took a stand ... stand outside the cashier's

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't talked with anyone who know the books that isn't....what a joke.

This right off Lee Childs website

Jack Reacher
October 29
6'5", 220-250 lbs., 50" chest********************************************* *
Dirty-blond
Ice Blue
3XLT coat, 95 cm. pants' inseam
Of course you know a fictional man's inseam.

U ghey.

Tom Cruise runs faster than you ever did as well.

benefactor
08-25-2018, 06:14 PM
Those measurements don't add up. Dwayne Johnson is six foot four and weighs 265 lb. He has a 50 inch chest. So if we meet in the middle on Reacher's weight he would be 235 lbs. So he's an inch taller and weighs 30 lbs less than Johnson and has the same size chest.

I guess Mr Reacher is Light Bulb Guy who has never seen leg day in his entire life.:lol Maybe it is a good thing Tom Cruise played him. Someone who looked like that would be awfully awkward looking on screen.

Avante
08-25-2018, 08:00 PM
I discuss many topics with people who aren't idiots without any imagination.

I talk with people who understand how to carry on a conversation. Pavlov, why is it all you EVER do is try to pester everyone, well?

Avante
08-25-2018, 08:04 PM
Of course you know a fictional man's inseam.

U ghey.

Tom Cruise runs faster than you ever did as well.

Nope, I was a 10.4 (10.64 m) 100yards guy at 220 pounds. I would smoke every Hollywood actor. 4.6 40 on grass.

Avante
08-25-2018, 08:11 PM
Bottom line

Most people have no idea what a Jack Reacher even is, and Child knew that. So in order to make the movie work,yep...TOM CRUISE.

And that is so obvious.

Then there are those well aware of the Jack Reacher saga, to those in the know you can;'t have a small Jack Reacher. The fact he is a monster ...IS....the story.

Only an total/complete idiot like Pavlov wouldn't get it. But what does he get, yep.....0.

Blake
08-25-2018, 08:14 PM
No Batmobile? No Gotham City? That's not Batman.

It's absolutely Batman. It's absolutely Bruce Wayne.

You're a simple minded idiot. Thank goodness you're not in charge of editing comics or worse trying to write them.

Avante
08-25-2018, 08:17 PM
Since some here get all worried about threads (while doing little/nothing themselves) I think I'll just post my thoughts right here in this "one" thread. Which will..."what now?"

Avante
08-25-2018, 08:25 PM
It's absolutely Batman. It's absolutely Bruce Wayne.

You're a simple minded idiot. Thank goodness you're not in charge of editing comics or worse trying to write them.

Not even close at all, all that is is some stupid BS some idiot came up with. But being a 100% moron you'd think Batman could be anything, hell, make a sailor out of him, why not a boxer, why not a cop, a ghost, a vampire, and on and on.

Simple minded is using somebody elses creation and trying to ruin it.

If I did write comics which I could I'd write (and do the art) about twin brothers who lived in Mongolia. Now let your feeble imigination work on that.

Avante
08-25-2018, 08:37 PM
Introduce the world to Mongolian mythlogy. Now we have something unique to the comic world.

Aside from these long and famous works, the Mongols also have a very large collection of not so well known myths, magical stories, and legends. This is what we will be sharing with you here. All of these selections have been translated from Mongolian or Chinese.

Avante
08-25-2018, 08:55 PM
Dumbasses too stupid to understand you can''t just do whatever ya want to others creations. It's not about lack of imagination knowing how things are suppose to be. Imagination is your unique creation.

After REH's...CONAN, we saw....

Brak
Kane
Thongor
Kothar
Kyrik
Orion

All big badasses who stomped (in sandles) around in a bararic worlds going from one adventure to the next.

All by various authors trying to cash in on REH's idea. Nope, there is only one...CONAN.

Then there was Elric of Melniborne, now here is something different, something unique. An albino? His power comes from a vampiric sword.,...Stormbringer. Oh hell yes, this works.

REH also had EL BORAK, who was a mercenary in Afganistan, now that's why REH is the legend he is.....originality.

El Borak, otherwise known as Francis Xavier Gordon, is a fictional character created by Robert E. Howard (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Howard). Gordon was a Texan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas) gunfighter from El Paso (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Paso,_Texas) who had travelled the world and settled in Afghanistan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghanistan). He is known in Asia for his exploits in that continent.
The character was originally created when Howard was only ten years old but he did not see print until "The Daughter of Erlik Khan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daughter_of_Erlik_Khan)" in the December 1934 issue of Top-Notch (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-Notch_Magazine). He is likely to have been inspired by real people such as Richard Francis Burton (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Francis_Burton), John Nicholson (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Nicholson_%28general%29), "Chinese" Gordon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_George_Gordon) and Lawrence of Arabia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._E._Lawrence) as well as the fiction of Talbot Mundy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talbot_Mundy).[1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Borak#cite_note-1)
Although Howard is best known for his fantasy fiction, the El Borak stories are straight adventure fiction and only "Three-Bladed Doom (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-Bladed_Doom)" contains a fantasy element.
The background of the El Borak stories is similar to that of the Conan the Barbarian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conan_the_Barbarian) story "The People of the Black Circle (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_People_of_the_Black_Circle)" in which Conan is a chieftain of a hill tribe in what corresponds to Afghanistan.

And if Hollywood brought EL BORAK to the big screen (and why not) he can't be black, can't be a midget, can't be a female, can't be a Chinaman, can't be a Mexican,....ok?

Remember the movies....Solomon Kane...King Kull....Red Sonja....they were REH creations.

Pavlov
08-25-2018, 09:23 PM
Bottom line

Most people have no idea what a Jack Reacher even is, and Child knew that. So in order to make the movie work,yep...TOM CRUISE.

And that is so obvious.

Then there are those well aware of the Jack Reacher saga, to those in the know you can;'t have a small Jack Reacher. The fact he is a monster ...IS....the story.

Only an total/complete idiot like Pavlov wouldn't get it. But what does he get, yep.....0.Yep, Tom Cruise is faster than you ever could be.

And a great Jack Reacher.

Avante
08-25-2018, 09:28 PM
Yep, Tom Cruise is faster than you ever could be.

Avante....hey Pavlov what did I run the 100 yards in back in my HS sprinter days?
Pavlov.....don't have a clue.
Avante....what did Tom Cruise run in HS and he did run track?
Pavlov...don't know
Avante....so you have no idea about anything having to do with my speed or Cruises. right?
Pavlov....right.
Avante...hey Pavlov, suck a dick, ok?
Pavlov...would love to.

Avante
08-25-2018, 09:42 PM
Tom Cruise says he can run 17mph.

Pavlov
08-25-2018, 09:44 PM
Avante....hey Pavlov what did I run the 100 yards in back in my HS sprinter days?
Pavlov.....don't have a clue.
Avante....what did Tom Cruise run in HS and he did run track?
Pavlov...don't know
Avante....so you have no idea about anything having to do with my speed or Cruises. right?
Pavlov....right.
Avante...hey Pavlov, suck a dick, ok?
Pavlov...would love to.lol Avante angry.

You're just a slow white guy who would get his ass kicked by Tom Cruise in every way possible.

Blake
08-25-2018, 09:49 PM
Not even close at all, all that is is some stupid BS some idiot came up with. But being a 100% moron you'd think Batman could be anything, hell, make a sailor out of him, why not a boxer, why not a cop, a ghost, a vampire, and on and on.

Simple minded is using somebody elses creation and trying to ruin it.

If I did write comics which I could I'd write (and do the art) about twin brothers who lived in Mongolia. Now let your feeble imigination work on that.

Your feeble mind can't even imagine an old West batman.

Avante
08-25-2018, 09:52 PM
lol Avante angry.

You're just a slow white guy who would get his ass kicked by Tom Cruise in every way possible.

Dude, stomping around on a dummy like you is fun, ok?

Stupid, according to Tom Cruise himself he can run 17 mph.

Pay attention....

It translates to a 100m sprint time of slightly more than 13 seconds, which would not quite be a qualifying time for H.S. track. (11.4 is the boys qualifying standard for some schools, and about 13.0 for girls.)

So Tom Cruise can run around 13 seconds. I ran that in 8th grade. I was a 10.4 sprinter my senior season. So you are once again 100%...EL WRONGO.

Dummies trying to talk track, hahahaha~~~

Pavlov, why do you constantly try and talk about things you know nothing about at all, well?

Pavlov
08-25-2018, 09:54 PM
Dude, stomping around on a dummy like you is fun, ok?

Stupid, according to Tom Cruise himself he can run 17 mph.

Pay attention....

It translates to a 100m sprint time of slightly more than 13 seconds, which would not quite be a qualifying time for H.S. track. (11.4 is the boys qualifying standard for some schools, and about 13.0 for girls.)

So Tom Cruise can run around 13 seconds. I ran that in 8th grade. I was a 10.4 sprinter my senior season. So you are once again 100%...EL WRONGO.

Pavlov, why do you constantly try and talk about things you know nothing about at all, well?You just lie about everything.

Everyone knows white people don't run that fast.

Not at any time in history.

No one could, say, produce a list of whites who did run that fast.

Avante
08-25-2018, 10:00 PM
You just lie about everything.

Everyone knows white people don't run that fast.

Not at any time in history.

No one could, say, produce a list of whites who did run that fast.

Everyone listed below was a WORLD CLASS sprinter

All Time USA paleface 100m. All these guys could give Tom Cruise a 10m head start in a 100m and still kick his ass, dead serious.

lane

1. Charles Paddock USC
2. Frank Wykoff USC
3. Hal Davis Cal
4. Bobby Morrow ACU
5. Dave Sime Duke
6. Mel Patton USC
7. Lindy Remigino Manhatten
8. Thane Baker Kansas State

"B"

lane

1.Marty Kruelee SDS
2.Fred Kuller USC
3.George Simpson Ohio St
4.John Teeters Okla St
5.Kevin Little Drake
6.John Roderick SMU
7.Darel Newman Fresno St
8.Clyde Jeffreys Stanford

"C'

lane

1.Cy Leland TCU
2.Larry Questad Stanford
3.Doug Hawken ASU
4.Rocky Woods Tex A&M
5.Mark Lutz Kansas
6.Dean Smith Texas
7.Gerry Ashworth Dartmouth
8.Jackson Sholtz Missouri

"D'

lane

1.Claude Bracey Rice
2.Bill Woodhouse ACU
3.Jerry Bright ASU
4.Jim Farmer Fres Pac
5.Carrol Thrift Tenn
6.Mike Miller Indiana
7.Tom Jones UCLA
8.George Anderson Cal

"E"

lane

1.Sam Stroller Michigan
2.Roland Locke Nebraska
3.Tim Dwight Iowa
4.Sam Workman Fres St
5.Steve Haas Oxy
6.Ben Vaughn Ga Tech
7.Richmond Flowers Tenn
8.Perrin Walker Georgia

Yep, I have no equal anywhere.

Toying with obvious morons is a kick.

Pavlov
08-25-2018, 10:04 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/ed9721268345ed83218bd8ebf52f205d/tenor.gifEveryone listed below was a WORLD CLASS sprinter

All Time USA paleface 100m

lane

1. Charles Paddock USC
2. Frank Wykoff USC
3. Hal Davis Cal
4. Bobby Morrow ACU
5. Dave Sime Duke
6. Mel Patton USC
7. Lindy Remigino Manhatten
8. Thane Baker Kansas State

"B"

lane

1.Marty Kruelee SDS
2.Fred Kuller USC
3.George Simpson Ohio St
4.John Teeters Okla St
5.Kevin Little Drake
6.John Roderick SMU
7.Darel Newman Fresno St
8.Clyde Jeffreys Stanford

"C'

lane

1.Cy Leland TCU
2.Larry Questad Stanford
3.Doug Hawken ASU
4.Rocky Woods Tex A&M
5.Mark Lutz Kansas
6.Dean Smith Texas
7.Gerry Ashworth Dartmouth
8.Jackson Sholtz Missouri

"D'

lane

1.Claude Bracey Rice
2.Bill Woodhouse ACU
3.Jerry Bright ASU
4.Jim Farmer Fres Pac
5.Carrol Thrift Tenn
6.Mike Miller Indiana
7.Tom Jones UCLA
8.George Anderson Cal

"E"

lane

1.Sam Stroller Michigan
2.Roland Locke Nebraska
3.Tim Dwight Iowa
4.Sam Workman Fres St
5.Steve Haas Oxy
6.Ben Vaughn Ga Tech
7.Richmond Flowers Tenn
8.Perrin Walker Georgia

Yep, I have no equal anywhere.

lol dumbass

Your name isn't anywhere up there.

Avante
08-25-2018, 10:09 PM
lol dumbass

Your name isn't anywhere up there.

translation

Ok ok ok, you are faster than Tom Cruise and nobody knows sprinting like you do. How do you do that anyway, yep...amazing.

Avante
08-25-2018, 10:19 PM
Hollywood Actors 100m

lane

1.Jim Brown
2.Timmy Brown
3.Rafer Johnson
4.Bob Mathias
5.O.J.Simpson
6.Bruce Jenner
7.Fed "Hammer" Williamson
8.Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch

Pavlov
08-25-2018, 10:22 PM
translation

Ok ok ok, you are faster than Tom Cruise and nobody knows sprinting like you do. How do you do that anyway, yep...amazing.Tom Cruise is faster than you ever were.

Avante
08-25-2018, 10:26 PM
Tom Cruise is faster than you ever were.

What's always weird when dealing with this moron is he really thinks he is the one doing the trollng. When it;s so damn obvious he's being worked like a one legged whore.

Avante
08-25-2018, 10:35 PM
Hollywoods 20 Man Battle Royal

Hulk Hogan
The Rock
Stonecold Steve Austin
Triple H
Lenny Montana....the big guy in The Godfather
Randy Orton
Jeep Swenson
Goldberg
Prof Taru Tanaka
Haystacks Calhoun
Terry Funk
Edge
Andre the Giant
Big John Studd
Kevin Nash
Hard Boiled Haggarty
Dean Ambrose
Mike Mazurki
Sting
Diamond Dallas Page

Pavlov
08-25-2018, 10:36 PM
What's always weird when dealing with this moron is he really thinks he is the one doing the trollng. When it;s so damn obvious he's being worked like a one legged whore.Yes, your having to tell everyone what you think is happening sure proved that.

lol Avante

Avante
08-25-2018, 10:41 PM
Yes, your having to tell everyone what you think is happening sure proved that.

lol Avante

Pavlov, you are so damn easy it's comical. I have alway owned your dumbass ya little shit and everybody sees it. I mean look at yourself, ALWAYS right down there on my leg humping away.

Pavlov, what did you dad say when you told him you are a queer?

Pavlov
08-25-2018, 10:46 PM
Pavlov, you are so damn easy it's comical. I have alway owned your dumbass ya little shit and everybody sees it. I mean look at yourself, ALWAYS right down there on my leg humping away.

Pavlov, what did you dad say when you told him you are a queer?lol Avante so angry that Tom Cruise is faster than him and awesome as Jack Reacher. All he does is make lists and say "I troll U!"

Avante
08-25-2018, 10:48 PM
lol Avante so angry that Tom Cruise is faster than him and awesome as Jack Reacher. All he does is make lists and say "I troll U!"

Pavlov, when did ya know you were gay?

Pavlov
08-25-2018, 10:49 PM
Pavlov, when did ya know you were gay?Looking for a date, Avante?

Lonely?

Sorry.

Avante
08-25-2018, 10:52 PM
Looking for a date, Avante?

Lonely?

Sorry.

Pavlov, when did you first realize you were gay, well?

Pavlov
08-25-2018, 10:55 PM
Pavlov, when did you first realize you were gay, well?Sorry Avante. It's gotta be tough for a fat, old, slow pedo.

Avante
08-25-2018, 11:00 PM
Sorry Avante. It's gotta be tough for a fat, old, slow pedo.

Last chance ya little freak.

If you refuse to ever answer anything I ask you then why waste my time with you? If you don't answer....when did you know you were gay......you go back on ignore, do you understand?

Pavlov, answer the question.

Pavlov
08-25-2018, 11:02 PM
Last chance ya little freak.

If you refuse to ever answer anything I ask you then why waste my time with you? If you don't answer....when did you know you were gay......you go back on ignore, do you understand?

Pavlov, answer the question.Stamp your feet, Avante. Shake your fist! Intimidate me! I'm just about to break and tell you everything!

Avante
08-25-2018, 11:06 PM
Stamp your feet, Avante. Shake your fist! Intimidate me! I'm just about to break and tell you everything!

Now this is what is going to happen, I guarantee it.

Pavlov, you have mental issues and it's sad to watch. Now you will be ignored...BUT....being a sicko you will...STILL...follow me around, that's what sickos do.

Adios sicko~~~~~~~~

Avante
08-25-2018, 11:18 PM
Now that the garbage has been dumped.

Roman Reigns would be perfect as Jack Reacher.

SpursforSix
08-25-2018, 11:56 PM
Now that the garbage has been dumped.

Roman Reigns would be perfect as Jack Reacher.

I was thinking Ethan Hawke would be great. He’s younger than Cruise and was great in Training Day.

Avante
08-26-2018, 12:00 AM
I was thinking Ethan Hawke would be great. He’s younger than Cruise and was great in Training Day.

Is there anything you actually know about?

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 12:09 AM
Holy shit! Perfect casting!

Hat tip. Much respect.

SpursforSix
08-26-2018, 12:12 AM
Is there anything you actually know about?

Did you even fucking see Training Day? Great crime movie. And Hawke goes off on Denzel.

Avante
08-26-2018, 12:15 AM
Did you even fucking see Training Day? Great crime movie. And Hawke goes off on Denzel.

KING KONG AINT GOT NOTHING ON ME.

You shot me in my ass.

What do you want to know about the movie which I've seen a few times?

Ethan Hawke is way too small to play a guy 6-5 250, yep....common sense.

Hell, I own the sound track to the movie.

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 12:21 AM
Did you even fucking see Training Day? Great crime movie. And Hawke goes off on Denzel. Don't listen to the haters. You have a gift.

Avante
08-26-2018, 12:25 AM
Those who have actually read the books.

Cindy maher July 16, 2011 at 3:06 pm

It’s so obvious that the powers that be have never read the book as he’s the furthest thing from Reacher than the man in the moon.
Reply (http://www.criminalelement.com/worst-casting-ever-tom-cruise-as-jack-reacher/#comment-1164)

http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/d78e4be621cae8be6aecd14f1b51fb14?s=75&d=%3Cpath_to_url%3E&r=g Yvette July 16, 2011 at 6:52 pm

The idea of little Tommy Cruise being physically intimidating, which is Jack Reacher’s stock in trade, is laughable. This is the worst casting news I think I’ve ever heard. I will definitely NOT be seeing this film.
The above comment is correct. These people have probably never read the books. Cruise included.

SpursforSix
08-26-2018, 12:25 AM
KING KONG AINT GOT NOTHING ON ME.

You shot me in my ass.

What do you want to know about the movie which I've seen a few times?

Ethan Hawke is way too small to play a guy 6-5 250, yep....common sense.

Hell, I own the sound track to the movie.

Hawke is perfect. He’s bigger than Cruise who Child said was “100% Reacher”.
So Hawke should be like 105%.

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 12:29 AM
So Hawke should be like 105%.At least. Don't underestimate your picks!

Avante
08-26-2018, 12:29 AM
So Hawke should be like 105%.

Lee Child also said...He's huge, 6 feet five inchs tall, 250 pounds, all of it muscle.

I get you're not overly bright (kids running a 20.00) but only someone totally clueless about Reacher would have guys under 6 feet tall 200pounds playing the part of a monster.

Avante
08-26-2018, 12:37 AM
When you read CONAN or TARZAN there is always their physical prowess hovering over the read. At any minute they might have to use their supernatural powers. Tom Cruise????..hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~

Now that Child has made his $$$$$$, this is what he really thinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuwmRX5yBN0

Now that our resident dummies have been proven wrong AGAIN, what's new?

Yes I took them out to the deep water before drowning them, hahahaha~~~~~ I've known about that video all along.

Avante
08-26-2018, 12:49 AM
This would work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwbaq_B6i7I

Avante
08-26-2018, 01:10 AM
You put people behind a computer screen and they will act stupid just to bug, why? I never ever back anything if I'm not totally, completely prepared to defend my why behind my stance. I can back up the why behind the opinion. Too many here just run off at the mouth without a clue, sheesh~~~~~~~

Trolling but looking stupid in doing it....nay!

Avante
08-26-2018, 01:14 AM
I think that about wraps it up as far as Jack Reacher goes, yes, Child did what made $$$$$$ sense, and knows he goofed. The next Reacher will not be some little guy.

Instead of cluttering the board with threads I'll just keep my thoughts in this one.

I just had this thought.

They do a BONANZA movie based on the old TV show.

Ben....Samuel L. Jackson
Adam..Tom Hardy
Little Joe..The Rock
Hoss....Tom Cruise

Hmmm?

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 01:40 AM
Tom Cruise kicked major ass as a totally believable Reacher.

SpursforSix
08-26-2018, 01:41 AM
I think that about wraps it up as far as Jack Reacher goes, yes, Child did what made $$$$$$ sense, and knows he goofed. The next Reacher will not be some little guy.

Instead of cluttering the board with threads I'll just keep my thoughts in this one.

I just had this thought.

They do a BONANZA movie based on the old TV show.

Ben....Samuel L. Jackson
Adam..Tom Hardy
Little Joe..The Rock
Hoss....Tom Cruise

Hmmm?

That sounds gay as fuck. How about
Ben: Terrance Stamp
Adam: Charlie Sheen
Little Joe: Lou Diamond Phillips
Hoss: Dermot Mulroony

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 01:42 AM
Hoss: Dermot MulroonyGODDAMN YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN!

Avante
08-26-2018, 01:48 AM
Hoss: Dermot Mulroony

How about, ok ok ok I was wrong about Cruise as Reacher, yes he is too little. Child made that clear.

And....dude, ya really couldn't tell that was me poking fun at how dumb it is to totally ignore reality?

Avante
08-26-2018, 02:00 AM
Hmmm?

Photograph: Dan Callister/Rex/Shutterstock

He is one of the world’s most successful crime writers, selling more than 100 million copies of his novels and short stories worldwide. Now Lee Child is planning major television adaptations of his Jack Reacher books after fans complained to him about Tom Cruise’s portrayal (https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/oct/23/jack-reacher-never-go-back-review) of the larger-than-life hero in two Hollywood movies.

Reacher, a private investigator and drifter, is described in Child’s novels as physically towering, measuring in at 6ft 5in . Cruise, however, is said to be only 5ft 7in.
“I’ve got tens of thousands of letters saying they didn’t like Cruise because he’s too small, basically,” said Child. “Part of Reacher’s appeal is that he’s very intimidating. Even without doing anything, if he walks into a room, people are a little bit uneasy. It was felt that, for all his virtues, Cruise didn’t represent that. So the readers were cross from the beginning.”
Child hopes that a deal will be signed by November for productions that will devote between 10 and 12 hours to each book. Asked about the cast, he said: “That’s the great thing about television. It’s much less star-driven than feature films. So it doesn’t need to be a so-called A-list guy.”

Only here where we have ....WELL DUH....what's really going is ignored. The next Jack Reacher will be big.

Avante
08-26-2018, 02:18 AM
Hmmmmm?

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-thumb-33384943-50-ohrkullrqmkxmcpgjuzebxixgqitqcdf.jpeg (https://www.quora.com/profile/Roy-McMillan-II)

Roy McMillan II (https://www.quora.com/profile/Roy-McMillan-II), IT Project Manager, Network Design, Network Tech (1990-present)
Answered Oct 24, 2016 (https://www.quora.com/Who-should-have-been-cast-as-Jack-Reacher-instead-of-Tom-Cruise-given-the-characters-description-in-the-Lee-Child-books/answer/Roy-McMillan-II)

Cruise is not suited to carry Jack Reachers jock strap, let alone actually do a good job portraying him. Yes, you videophiles probably eat up Cruises portrayal, but book fans laugh at the whole idea. Reachers shear size and demeanor cannot be portrayed by a member of the Lollipop Guild.
My number 1 choice for Jack Reacher would be Dwayne “"The Rock” Johnson. He has proven himself a versatile actor. He has absolutely shown he is capable of pulling off a military mans role and most of all (this can't be learned by anyone), he has the height to play the part.
Let Tom stay with his MI roles. I am sure he can fabricate 9–10 more of those. After all, “"You just know, You’re the only one who can do this”. Right Tom.

And it goes on and on, all of us who know the books get how damn stupid it was to use as little 5-7 guy to play the monstrous Jack Reacher. But, if ya think some kid can run a 20,00 200m.......well.

Reacher stands out in a crowd, Tom Cruise???? hahahahaha~~~~

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 02:31 AM
Tom Cruise definitely stands out in a crowd. An undeniable presence.

Wow!

Avante
08-26-2018, 02:37 AM
Gerald Butler, hmmmm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdHKAuhdEGw

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 02:51 AM
lol network tech

WTF. That guy is obviously slow and fat too.

Avante
08-26-2018, 03:01 AM
Hmmmmm?

Angry Jack Reacher fans were absolutely right: Hiring a Hobbit-sized Hollywood superstar to play giant Jack was a serious error. If someone made that mistake around Reacher, someone would pay in blood.

The superstar is Tom Cruise. Jack Reacher is the fictional character he plays in the new action thriller, Jack Reacher. The eponymous movie is adapted from One Shot, the ninth of 17 Reacher novels written by British author Lee Child. If the movie is a hit, it could kick-start a franchise.

For the uninitiated, Reacher is a former U.S. military crime investigator. Physically (at least in the novels) he is a hulking Adonis. Mentally, he is ace at his job, but also a rogue. So, despite a distinguished service record, he goes off-the-grid returning to civilian life, becoming a homeless Sherlock Holmes. But when a former serviceman is accused of mass murder in Pittsburgh — using a sniper rifle to shoot six bullets, hitting five human targets — Reacher is summoned to investigate.

The odd twist is that the accused asks for Reacher’s intervention. The odder twist is that the sniper and Reacher know one another from a previous nasty incident, this one involving murders in Iraq. Reacher comes to bury the accused, not save him. Then things gets complicated. Reacher starts turning up disturbing clues. Things are not what they seem.

Reacher finds himself, somewhat reluctantly, working for the accused man’s defence attorney (luminuous Rosamund Pike). She has issues with her daddy, the district attorney (Richard Jenkins). The investigating detective (David Oyelowo) is no friend of interloper Reacher. The movie has a shadowy uber-villain, too, played with unrestrained glee by German filmmaker Werner Herzog. He understands that Jack Reacher — the movie, not the man — is camp comedy. Ditto for Robert Duvall, who gets involved in a cameo.

Unfortunately, Cruise’s attempts at quick-quip comedy are awful. Even when he invades Pike’s physical space — sometimes suggesting sexual attraction — the punchlines are too weak to make it count. There are some laugh-out-loud moments scattered throughout. But that is because some of the performances are so deliberately wooden and the dialogue is so absurdly blunt.

https://c5x8i7c7.ssl.hwcdn.net/creatives/site_logos/dslogo_sm.png (https://distroscale.com)

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 03:09 AM
Hmmmmm?

Angry Jack Reacher fans were absolutely right: Hiring a Hobbit-sized Hollywood superstar to play giant Jack was a serious error. If someone made that mistake around Reacher, someone would pay in blood.

The superstar is Tom Cruise. Jack Reacher is the fictional character he plays in the new action thriller, Jack Reacher. The eponymous movie is adapted from One Shot, the ninth of 17 Reacher novels written by British author Lee Child. If the movie is a hit, it could kick-start a franchise.

For the uninitiated, Reacher is a former U.S. military crime investigator. Physically (at least in the novels) he is a hulking Adonis. Mentally, he is ace at his job, but also a rogue. So, despite a distinguished service record, he goes off-the-grid returning to civilian life, becoming a homeless Sherlock Holmes. But when a former serviceman is accused of mass murder in Pittsburgh — using a sniper rifle to shoot six bullets, hitting five human targets — Reacher is summoned to investigate.

The odd twist is that the accused asks for Reacher’s intervention. The odder twist is that the sniper and Reacher know one another from a previous nasty incident, this one involving murders in Iraq. Reacher comes to bury the accused, not save him. Then things gets complicated. Reacher starts turning up disturbing clues. Things are not what they seem.

Reacher finds himself, somewhat reluctantly, working for the accused man’s defence attorney (luminuous Rosamund Pike). She has issues with her daddy, the district attorney (Richard Jenkins). The investigating detective (David Oyelowo) is no friend of interloper Reacher. The movie has a shadowy uber-villain, too, played with unrestrained glee by German filmmaker Werner Herzog. He understands that Jack Reacher — the movie, not the man — is camp comedy. Ditto for Robert Duvall, who gets involved in a cameo.

Unfortunately, Cruise’s attempts at quick-quip comedy are awful. Even when he invades Pike’s physical space — sometimes suggesting sexual attraction — the punchlines are too weak to make it count. There are some laugh-out-loud moments scattered throughout. But that is because some of the performances are so deliberately wooden and the dialogue is so absurdly blunt.

https://c5x8i7c7.ssl.hwcdn.net/creatives/site_logos/dslogo_sm.png (https://distroscale.com)
Avante loved it though.

Until the peer pressure got to him.

Such a mental weakling.....

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 03:12 AM

Jack Reacher is a Lee Child creation, he is 6-4 240 poubds of mean. Why they cast Tom Cruise in a role that all those who know who Jack Reacher is will.....huh? Is a...huh? But...he made it work.

Avante
08-26-2018, 03:22 AM
Tom Cruise too short and clean-cut for tough guy giant in Jack Reacher, say fans

Worst. Casting. Ever.: Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 03:29 AM

Avante
08-26-2018, 03:35 AM
https://www.macleans.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/lee-child-16487017-post-david-empson-rex-shutterstock-cp.jpgLee Child, author of 22 “Jack Reacher” novels. (David Empson/REX/Shutterstock/CP)

His books come out like clockwork. Every year on Sept. 1, Lee Child sits down to write another Jack Reacher novel, a ritual he’s observed for more than two decades. He starts writing without a plan, just a protagonist who treats his life as a blank page. A former military policeman with the U.S. Army, Jack Reacher is a homeless vigilante who roams America at random, without a suitcase or an itinerary, hopping buses and hitching rides, staying in cheap motels. His only luggage is a toothbrush. When his clothes get dirty, he trashes them and buys new ones. When he steps into a crowded room, it goes quiet. He’s always the smartest guy in the room, and the toughest—a six-foot-five hulk who maims or kills bad guys with clinical indifference. As he travels from town to town, he finds them by sheer happenstance, invariably stumbling upon a criminal conspiracy that requires him to indulge an appetite for vengeance.
Strangely progressive and more sophisticated than he appears, Reacher is an ethical thug. He’s an unlikely superhero, a James Bond in jeans who mainlines black coffee in a diner, not martinis in Monte Carlo. He doesn’t have a licence to kill, or even a licence to drive. He’s a bohemian brute, a mongrel mix of Kerouac and Clint Eastwood, and a paragon of American freedom that only a Brit could dream up.

I highly recommend anyone into a great read give the Reacher novels a look. The first thing you'll get is........this is not Tom Cruise. I've almost read them all, in the process finishing the newest one.

James Lee Burkes Dave Robicheaux stories right there with Reacher, big difference is it's his buddy Clete Purcell who does all the ass kicking, he's crazy and far more dangerous than ay bad guy. There have been two movies done already.

Avante
08-26-2018, 03:47 AM
Biography

Once an officer for the New Orleans Police Department (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orleans_Police_Department), Robicheaux constantly breaches the ethical code over the course of just about every case he works on and currently pursues cases in New Iberia, Louisiana (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Iberia,_Louisiana) as sheriff's deputy. He is a recovering alcoholic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholic)[1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Robicheaux#cite_note-Fuller-1) whose demons stem from his service as a U.S. Army (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army) infantry (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantry_Branch_%28United_States%29) lieutenant (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_lieutenant) in the Vietnam War (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War)[2] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Robicheaux#cite_note-January_Magazine-2) and his impoverished difficult childhood in rural Louisiana; his mother abandoned the family (and was later murdered) and his father died in an oil rig explosion.[3] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Robicheaux#cite_note-Herbert-3)

He still experiences periods of savage depression (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_depressive_disorder) and nightmares, which are only exacerbated by the murder of his wife Annie Ballard, a social worker (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_work).[3] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Robicheaux#cite_note-Herbert-3) He married a mobster (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobster)'s widow (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widow) Bootsie, a lupus (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupus_vulgaris) sufferer, and adopted the El Salvadorean (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Salvador) orphan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orphan) Alafair (the namesake of Burke's own daughter (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alafair_Burke)), after he saves her from the wreckage of an airplane (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airplane). After Bootsie's death he weds a strong minded former Maryknoll nun by the name of Molly.

His best friend is the violent, alcoholic, ex-police officer, private investigator, and bail-bondsman Cletus Purcel.
Robicheaux is described as 54 years old in the introduction to the Recorded Books (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recorded_Books) CD edition of Black Cherry Blues (the third book in the series, published in 1989), but, in the third track of the audiobook, Robicheaux describes himself as 49 years old. In the fourth audio track, Robicheaux introduces Dixie Lee Pugh, "my freshman roommate at Southwest Louisiana Institute in 1956," which would put his birth year circa 1938 if he enrolled when he was around 18.

Both Child and Burke know them blues, which is cool.

Killing Floor

Jack Reacher gets off a Greyhound bus in the fictional town of Margrave, Georgia, because he remembers his brother mentioning that a blues musician named Blind Blake died there. Much to his surprise, shortly after his arrival, he is arrested in a local diner for murder. He must try to prove his innocence. - Though the first published novel, it is the fourth one in terms of the in-story chronology.[2]

<sup><a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Reacher_%28book_series%29#cite_note-SeriesInOrder-2" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-YwCk6ANY4
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Reacher_%28book_series%29#cite_note-SeriesInOrder-2)

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 03:55 AM

Avante
08-26-2018, 04:00 AM
In one of the Robiceaux movies, he (Alec Baldwin) is in a bar when the waitress puts some quarters in the jukebox.

This comes on.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It-tJ8DOjIk

Robiceaux....he's not singing about no car
Waitress...I know

Check out those fingers.

Avante
08-26-2018, 01:53 PM
Just saw a 6-3 315 pound defensive lineman (lined up at WR ) catch a 51 yard TD pass in that classic over the shoulder style.

HS football, gotta love it.

benefactor
08-26-2018, 08:53 PM
:lol Roman Reigns

They want a movie that will actually do well in theaters, not go straight to streaming. No one outside of WWE fans has a fucking clue who he is. Hell, I only know because someone at work said I sort of look like him and I had to ask who he was.

SpursforSix
08-26-2018, 08:56 PM

They want a movie that will actually do well in theaters, not go straight to streaming. No one outside of WWE fans has a fucking clue who he is. Hell, I only know because someone at work said I sort of look like him and I had to ask who he was.

He wasn’t even convincing as the dad of his own daughter in that fatherhood psa.

Avante
08-26-2018, 10:15 PM

Edge, John Cena, Hulk Hogan, Randy Orton, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kane, Batista, The Miz, Dean Ambrose, Goldberg, have all starred in the movies, WHY....yep, WWE stars make $$$$$$. Hell...THE ROCK.

WWE rasslin' has a huge following, it's seen by millions every week.

Reigns would be perfect and it would work.

SpursforSix
08-26-2018, 10:18 PM
Edge, John Cena, Hulk Hogan, Randy Orton, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kane, Batista, The Miz, Dean Ambrose, Goldberg, have all starred in the movies, WHY....yep, WWE stars make $$$$$$. Hell...THE ROCK.

Reigns would be perfect and it would work.

Maybe the Rock would work if they turned it into an action comedy.
Paul Rudd could play his love interest.

Avante
08-26-2018, 10:27 PM
Maybe the Rock would work if they turned it into an action comedy.
Paul Rudd could play his love interest.

How about....ok ok ok, I was wrong about Cruise. Now that Child has admitted he goofed and will use a more realistic Jack Reacher next time, all I can say is.....you were right.

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 10:31 PM

Reigns would be perfect and it would work.None of those dorks are as big a star as Tom Cruise.

None of them would be a in a feature film like Jack Reacher and make any money.

lol greasy

SpursforSix
08-26-2018, 10:32 PM
How about....ok ok ok, I was wrong about Cruise. Now that Child has admitted he goofed and will use a more realistic Jack Reacher next time, all I can say is.....you were right.

It’s big of you to finally admit that.

Avante
08-26-2018, 10:34 PM
Pro rasslers have been doing Hollywood for a long long time.

I bet Mike Mazurki has done over a 100 flicks, and all of you reading this have seen him.

Hard Boiled Haggerty
Judo Gene LeBell
Lenny Montana
Pepper Martin
Prof Taru Tanaka

All before Hulk Hogan.

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 10:36 PM
Pro rasslers have been doing Hollywood for a long long time.

I bet Mike Mazurki has done over a 100 flicks, and all of you reading this have seen him.

Hard Boiled Haggerty
Judo Gene LeBell
Lenny Montana
Pepper Martin
Prof Taru Tanaka

All before Hulk Hogan.lol people no one has ever heard of.

This is Tom Cruise we're talking about.

Tom Cruise.

Avante
08-26-2018, 11:01 PM
Speaking of pro rasslin'

The real wrestlers at the NCAA level

Verne Gagne
Cowboy Dick Hutton
Danny Hodge
The Iron Sheik
Kurt Angle
Brock Lesnar
Dolpf Ziggler

Pro footballers

Dick the Brusier
Fritz Von Erich...a Texan
Brian Pillman
Tom Pritchard
JBL
Lex Luger
Goldberg
Leo "Lion" Nomellini
Bronko Nagurski
Leon "Big Van Vadar" White
Danny Spivey
Don Manoukian
Hacksaw Duggan

West Texas State footballers

Dusty Rhodes
Brusier Brody
Tully Blanchard
Tito Santana
Dory Funk Jr
Blackjack Mullighan
Manny "Ragin' Bull" Fernandez
Ted Dibiase
Stan "Lariat" Hansen
Terry Funk

In a crowd with those guys Jack Reacher would fit right in, while Tom Cruise would stick out like a sore thumb...a Tom Thumb.

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 11:05 PM
lol a list

Avante
08-26-2018, 11:11 PM
It’s big of you to finally admit that.

So you were wrong SFS, yep, Lee Child admitted he made a mistake with Cruise and it won't happen again. Have you ever got anything right?

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 11:20 PM
So you were wrong SFS, yep, Lee Child admitted he made a mistake with Cruise and it won't happen again. Have you ever got anything right?lol you made that shit up

Blake
08-26-2018, 11:28 PM
You put people behind a computer screen and they will act stupid just to bug, why? I never ever back anything if I'm not totally, completely prepared to defend my why behind my stance. I can back up the why behind the opinion. Too many here just run off at the mouth without a clue, sheesh~~~~~~~

Trolling but looking stupid in doing it....nay!

Liar

Avante
08-26-2018, 11:58 PM
Liar

Let's see I talk, track, music, football, rasslin'......which I have 100% covered.

Yep, wrong as usual.

Avante
08-27-2018, 12:07 AM
Getting back to Roman Reigns.

Not sure how many rasslers he's related to....

Sika
Afa
The Rock
The USO's
Rikishi
Umuga

That about right?

The Guerrero clan of rasslers had....

Gory
Chavo
Hector
Mondo
Eddie
Chavo Jr

The Von Erichs

Fritz
Kerry
Kevin
David
Mike

Those were real, these two weren't.

Waldo
Lance

Fritz Von Erich was a monster heel back in the 60's. he was a German badass.

Many years later he has retired and is running World Class Wrestlng in Texas. So there he is in an interview on TV.......with a Texas accent......what???? He had been an SMU footballer/track man, he was 100% Texan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzrKAtNSh04

Bobo Brazil right there with Von Erich as one of the sports big stars at that time.

Blake
08-27-2018, 12:18 AM
Let's see I talk, track, music, football, rasslin'......which I have 100% covered.

Yep, wrong as usual.

No, you're a liar. You have all these people here telling you you're a liar. You have no one backing you.

You're a piece of shit and a huge liar.

Avante
08-27-2018, 12:29 AM
No, you're a liar. You have all these people here telling you you're a liar. You have no one backing you.

You're a piece of shit and a huge liar.

Let's see...

6-2 275 pounds of twisted railroad steel....check
X-footbal star...check (too big to star in track)
Nobody here is on my level when talking football.track.rasslin'.music...check
Every womans dream, every mans fear....check
Harmonica player, poet, dancer......check
Can still bench over 400 pounds..check
Took your dumbass to school talking Nick Chubb...check

Yep, wrong as you always are,

Blake
08-27-2018, 12:33 AM
Let's see...

6-2 275 pounds of twisted railroad steel....check
X-footbal star...check (too big to star in track)
Nobody here is on my level when talking football.track.rasslin'.music...check
Every womans dream, every mans fear....check
Harmonica player, poet, dancer......check
Can still bench over 400 pounds..check
Took your dumbass to school talking Nick Chubb...check

Yep, wrong as you always are,

All lies.

No one will back you up.

Avante
08-27-2018, 12:41 AM
All lies.

No one will back you up.

OK OK OK OK....I'm not made out of twisted railroad steel, can't fool you.

But....

Yep, football star, ace harmonica man, a poet, have won dance contests.

The women adore me because I'm cute and...listen. Men know their limits, why chance it?

Actually 450 on the bench.

Dude, what was Chubb's average as a frosh in game one....hahahahaha~~~

What an idiot.

Who here can hang with me when talking football/track/rasslin'/music, yep...nobody.

Pavlov
08-27-2018, 01:35 AM
lol Avante meltdown

Avante
08-27-2018, 02:12 AM
Ok, now that it's been established (Lee Child said so) if we ever see Jack Reacher again in a movie or TV series he won't be another midget, let's move past the dummies who just never got it.

Ok moving on....

Ya take 10-12 of those little red hot candies, 4 ice cubes and put them in a small glass, a cool looking glass, if ya don't have one go find one. Now pour some Dr. Pepper until about half full, then ya dump in the AA. Now add a straw. Yep....yummy.

Ok ya then need some....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipPmklBJ6Es

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy4qWiupMOQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaH4W1rY9us

Pavlov
08-27-2018, 02:41 AM
Avante abandons his own thread again after making shit up.

Avante
08-27-2018, 03:04 AM
"Dumped"

I was cold
lonely and blue
as I walked this dark road
all I could think about
was you

why did ya dump me baby
why did ya have to go
now here I am
12 miles west of El Paso

but I'm tough
I can hang
oh great
here comes the rain

come on baby
turn that car around
I'm cold, wet, and lonely
and 11 miles out of town

I know ya love me
I know ya care
so come on baby
get me out of here

where's my baby
where can she be
hell I just passed a sign
it read...El Paso 3

benefactor
08-27-2018, 07:03 AM
All lies.

No one will back you up.
It's been 4 years since I trucked him like Earl Campbell...and he's still running the same tired shtick. I actually have a video of me one repping at 350 now.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239004&page=6

Avante
08-27-2018, 07:18 AM
It's been 4 years since I trucked him like Earl Campbell...and he's still running the same tired shtick. I actually have a video of me one repping at 350 now.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239004&page=6

Bottom line.

67-49 plus $2170

Right here in living color.

Thanks

Here you are STILL pouting, are you kidding me? And, you never did a damn thing guy....either. Dude, what would you do if something actually important happened? Look how ya act over silly internet shit, yep.....weirdo.

benefactor
08-27-2018, 07:35 AM
That's right, run from me. You always have.

Avante
08-27-2018, 07:42 AM
That's right, run from me. You always have.

What gets me is what did you really do? Yep...nothing. All we saw from you was....0.

Dude, are you drunk....again? Who runs from an alcoholic midget, yep...nobody.

Pavlov
08-27-2018, 07:44 AM
Avante hiding behind his keyboard again.

benefactor
08-27-2018, 07:44 AM
Nothing? I posted a body composite last year. That's more than you've ever shown anyone.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244449&page=4

Run away now.

Avante
08-27-2018, 08:11 AM
Nothing? I posted a body composite last year. That's more than you've ever shown anyone.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244449&page=4

Run away now.

Dude, compare that to what I did post, one was my bench. A lone piece of paper that could be bullshit, hahaha!

You're the one running ya little freak, I;m always ready to kick you around. It's you who....I'm ignoring Avante, yep...a little coward.

Dude, I'm right here....got it?

Blake
08-27-2018, 08:12 AM
Bottom line.

67-49 plus $2170

Right here in living color.

Thanks

Here you are STILL pouting, are you kidding me? And, you never did a damn thing guy....either. Dude, what would you do if something actually important happened? Look how ya act over silly internet shit, yep.....weirdo.

Lies

Avante
08-27-2018, 08:15 AM
Lies

Dude, my season was totally broke down in that thread. All my plays documented right there week to week.

So as usual..WRONG!

Pavlov
08-27-2018, 08:40 AM
Dude, compare that to what I did post, one was my bench. A lone piece of paper that could be bullshit, hahaha!

You're the one running ya little freak, I;m always ready to kick you around. It's you who....I'm ignoring Avante, yep...a little coward.

Dude, I'm right here....got it?lol you totally ran away.

benefactor
08-27-2018, 08:57 AM

Dude, I'm right here....got it?
You kick me around?:lol How about posting yourself actually benching? Oh wait, we've been over that.

And don't worry, I'll go right back to ignoring you...not out of fear...because you are annoying and full of shit so there's no reason for me to read what you post anymore. You run the same tired shtick you've always ran and not a soul on this site believes you(well maybe Mitch, but I think he's just fucking around with you).
All you are going to do is what you always do...deflect and hide from me. I just wanted to take a few posts and remind people how I hog tied your ass years ago so any of our new posters will know exactly what you are about. Now go ahead and respond with more of your bullshit deflections and goalpost moves. I'll go back to not caring about anything you say.

Boiled down, you are afraid of me. You know it...I know it...and so does everyone else.

Avante
08-27-2018, 08:17 PM
You kick me around?:lol How about posting yourself actually benching? Oh wait, we've been over that.

And don't worry, I'll go right back to ignoring you...not out of fear...because you are annoying and full of shit so there's no reason for me to read what you post anymore. You run the same tired shtick you've always ran and not a soul on this site believes you(well maybe Mitch, but I think he's just fucking around with you).
All you are going to do is what you always do...deflect and hide from me. I just wanted to take a few posts and remind people how I hog tied your ass years ago so any of our new posters will know exactly what you are about. Now go ahead and respond with more of your bullshit deflections and goalpost moves. I'll go back to not caring about anything you say.

Boiled down, you are afraid of me. You know it...I know it...and so does everyone else.

Then there is always real life.

You did absolutely nothing, yep...0. Why you run your mouth when you did.,..0...is a mystery to me. And you aren't going to be doing anything now.

I do my thing, I don't follow others around seeing if I can bug them like so many here do. Nobody has to read me. I talk about things that interest me and when it comes to those interests I know what I;m talking about.

Then there is you. Dude, are you really this damn tiny, look at yourself guy STILL wimpering around over silly internet crap some 4? years later, are you really this damn easy? A sensitive little dude thinking people are afraid of his bonely little ass...hahahaha~~~~

Trust me little man nobody is in any fear of a sensitive little shit who wimpers around over......The Bench Press.....hahahahaha~~~~ Dude....The Bench Press...hahahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude, lay off the sauce, all ya do is make a fool of yourself, ok? If you can't handle drinking....stop.

Dude, go to a gym have some buddies spot you on the bench, and another film it then let's see it. If you can't do that then shut the fuck up, got it? Your wahwahwah wimpering around is getting old

Avante
08-27-2018, 09:50 PM
This is pretty much how it is.

Miles Nassah
Had to cross-post from another webblog since there are so many comments here about this issue. But before I begin, those of you who are perplexed at the strongly-held opinions of the Cruise-is-not-Reacher crowd, you really need to read the books to understand that Reacher's strength, decision-making, action moves, to a certain extent even his thinking, etc. are all in one way or another connected to his imposing physical appearance. And, this is not fan fantasy–Child himself wrote the books this way.

Having said that ...

First, it appears Lee Child sold out his loyal readers by agreeing to allow a 5'6" runt to play 6'5" Reacher. (Strong words, but yes, I am a bit ticked off.) I couldn't suspend disbelief long enough to even remotely consider Cruise as Jack Reacher. I read every one of the thrillers and like millions of readers eagerly waited for the day a Lee Child-approved movie would come out.

Second, how ridiculously out of control is this fool's ego that he thought he could play Jack Reacher? Especially when there were at least a half dozen actors who could fit the role to near perfection. When I heard about Cruise playing this role, I resolved to avoid this movie, even though I waited for years to see Jack Reacher on the big screen. Guess I am not the only one.

Please, Mr. Child, give us a silver screen Reacher who's equal to the book version. Surely, you don't need the money. You are famous already to millions of fans. And Jack Reacher doesn't need a big-name actor to cross over and establish himself on the big screen. To his fans, Reacher is a hell of a lot bigger than Cruise, in more ways than one. I don't know the inside story but how could you let this happen?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you talk to those like that guy above who actually know the books that above is what you will be reading. Only here where kids can run a 20.00 and posters get a nut humping legs is Jack Reacher a 5-7 midget.

Avante
08-28-2018, 12:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR5OQfnI998

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvDuN6Ocrik

ElNono
08-28-2018, 02:22 AM
Not gonna read through 9 pages, but after reading all the books, Ethan Hawke would've made a great Jack Reacher, IMO...