08-18-2018, 04:40 PM
QB: Joe Montana
RB: Frank Gore
FB: Tom Rathman
WR1: Jerry Rice
WR2: Dwight Clark
WR3: Terrell Owens
TE: Vernon Davis

Actually. Joe "The Jet" Perry who left the NFL as the All Time leading rusher, the first black to have a 1000 yard season, the only JC only RB to have a 1000 yard season and the first RB to have consecutive 1000 yard seasons, was a FB. He is in the HOF.

I get Owens played on a number of teams but he did more as a Niner than Clark did.

Trainwreck2100
08-18-2018, 07:04 PM
Kori Ellis

again with the lists

Spurtacular
08-18-2018, 07:10 PM
Jim Brown would be cut in training camp, today :lol

Avante
08-18-2018, 07:10 PM
Kori Ellis (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6)

again with the lists

Dude, this is my thread, so stay out, ok?

Trainwreck2100
08-18-2018, 07:22 PM
Dude, this is my thread, so stay out, ok?

dude we had an agreement and you welched so quit bitching and know that it's your fault

Avante
08-18-2018, 07:26 PM
dude we had an agreement and you welched so quit bitching and know that it's your fault

This is a football forum, unless you plan on talking football why are you here?

Avante
08-18-2018, 07:30 PM

Jim Brown was 6-2 230 pounds with 4.5 speed, that is as physically imposing as any RB today. Yes, he's not averaging over 5yards a carry today but he is making an NFL roster.

Bullet Bob Hayes would STILL be the fastest man in the NFL.

Spurtacular
08-18-2018, 07:45 PM
Jim Brown was 6-2 230 pounds with 4.5 speed

No. Even then, that wouldn't really position him for any greatest list though, tbh.

Spurtacular
08-18-2018, 07:47 PM

Where's the track forum?

Avante
08-18-2018, 07:53 PM
No. Even then, that wouldn't really position him for any greatest list though, tbh.

Do this, Google....The greatest RB in NFL history.....see what you find.

Avante
Where's the track forum?

You can't talk track.

Spurtacular
Do this, Google....The greatest RB in NFL history.....see what you find.

No.

Avante
08-18-2018, 08:00 PM
No.

Here ya go.

Jim Brown: The Undisputed Greatest

https://www.mensjournal.com/sports/top-10-running-backs-of-all-time/

Spurtacular
08-18-2018, 10:12 PM
Here ya go.

https://www.mensjournal.com/sports/top-10-running-backs-of-all-time/

That is a really shitty list. Are you Mike Olson?

Trainwreck2100
08-18-2018, 10:24 PM

FrostKing
08-18-2018, 10:41 PM
:lol

Cam newton is a thinner skinned Jim McMahon

Spurtacular
08-18-2018, 10:52 PM
Megatron not in the top 10 WR? Shoddy work.

Spurtacular
08-18-2018, 10:53 PM

Link.

FrostKing
08-18-2018, 11:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-a9BhLIpwM

Avante
08-18-2018, 11:48 PM
That is a really shitty list. Are you Mike Olson?

You have a better one, then let's see it.

Avante
08-18-2018, 11:50 PM
Megatron not in the top 10 WR? Shoddy work.

You can't be serious.

Receptions...not in the top 40
Yards.....not in the top 25
TD's....not in the top 40

Avante
08-19-2018, 12:16 AM
Jim Brown averaged 100 yards a game in his nine season career. He averaged over 5 yards a carry for a career. And that was done vs teams zeroing in to stop him.

There has never been a more dominant RB (actually a FB) in the history of pro football.

And, early on he actually returned kickoffs, a 6-2 230 pound kick returner in the late 50's.

What gets lost in his story is his RB Bobby Mitchell, he was the fastest RB in the league. A BIG10sprint.hurdles champ. Yep, thunder & lightnin'.

Trainwreck2100
08-19-2018, 12:22 AM
Link.

Me and him made an agreement to stay out of each others threads. I didn't go far to look for the OG thread but here's where he breaks it
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239959&highlight=seattle

and post number 13 here he pretty much acknowledges we had an agreement
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239969&highlight=deal

Avante
08-19-2018, 12:47 AM
Me and him made an agreement to stay out of each others threads. I didn't go far to look for the OG thread but here's where he breaks it
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239959&highlight=seattle

and post number 13 here he pretty much acknowledges we had an agreement
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239969&highlight=deal

I pay no attention at all to who posts the thread, why would I care? Why would anyone care? I look at the topic, if it interests me then I add my take.

You actually still remember silly stuff like that? Wow!

So what do we do now, well?

Trainwreck2100
08-19-2018, 12:56 AM
Here we go again

I pay no attention at all to who posts the thread, why would I care? Why would anyone care? I look at the topic, if it interests me then I add my take.

Staying out of each other's threads was your idea, if you were incapable why agree to it? (a question i expect you to ignore)

You actually still remember silly stuff like that? Wow!

No I had to search for it

So what do we do now, well?

We don't do anything, you continue being an asshole and what I do is none of your concern

Avante
08-19-2018, 12:59 AM
Top RBs duos. (or FB/RB)

In some cases it's more about just two great backs there togther

Can't do this in any order.

Red Grange & Bronco Nagurski Bears
Jim Taylor & Paul Hornung Packers
Joe"The Jet" Perry & Hugh "The King" McElhenny & John Henry Johnson Niners
Jim Brown & Bobby Mitchell Browns

All the above in the HOF

Larry Csonka & Mercury Morris Dolphins
Rick Casares & Willie Galimore Bears
Matcus Allen & Bo Jackson Raiders
Matt Snell & Emerson Boozer Jets
DeAngelo Williams & Jonathan Stewart Panthers
Tony Dorsett & Herschel Walker Cowboys
Dick Bass & "Jaguar" Jon Arnett Rams
Keith Lincoln & Paul Lowe Chargers

So who did I miss on purpose?

Avante
08-19-2018, 01:03 AM
Here we go again

Staying out of each other's threads was your idea, if you were incapable why agree to it? (a question i expect you to ignore)

We don't do anything, you continue being an asshole and what I do is none of your concern

It is funny.

Me...Bob Hayes would STILL be the fastest player in the NFL.
Guys like you...Stop being an asshole.
Me...huh?

Avante
08-19-2018, 01:08 AM
Here we go again

I have to confess you take this stuff FAR FAR FAR more serious than I do, I'm just looking to have some harmless gun, Apparently that isn't the case with you.

Spurtacular
08-19-2018, 02:16 AM
You can't be serious.

Receptions...not in the top 40
Yards.....not in the top 25
TD's....not in the top 40

You think that would be the case if he played with Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?

Spurtacular
08-19-2018, 02:22 AM
You have a better one, then let's see it.

Barry Sanders is easily goat RB. Thurman Thomas who isn't even on the list was better than Emmitt Smith at 4. Emmitt is the benefactor of best OL of all-time. Leaving Adrian Peterson off the list; come on, son.

Avante
08-19-2018, 02:23 AM
You think that would be the case if he played with Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?

Calvin Johnson was a freak. He was an amazing talent, and if he'd played with Manning/Brady he's in the HOF. But....how can we ignore the facts? Tons of guys who did more, so it is what it is. And....most of those ahead of him didn't play for Peyton/Brady either, what if they had of?

Spurtacular
08-19-2018, 02:26 AM
Calvin Johnson was a freak. He was an amazing talent, and if he'd played with Manning/Brady he's in the HOF. But....how can we ignore the facts? Tons of guys who did more, so it is what it is. And....most of those ahead of him didn't play for Peyton/Brady either, what if they had of?

Megatron going first ballot into HOF, son. He cut his career short cos he had nothing more to prove on a mediocre team. Retiring with his health was more important than 4,000 more receiving yards to make a bean counter's lists.

Avante
08-19-2018, 02:34 AM
Barry Sanders is easily goat RB. Thurman Thomas who isn't even on the list was better than Emmitt Smith at 4. Emmitt is the benefactor of best OL of all-time. Leaving Adrian Peterson off the list; come on, son.

I have Sanders at two and can see a legit debate. He was amazing. I lean towards Brown because he took more of a toil on the defense, he beat them up.

Thomas had 12,074 yards and 88 TDs. Smith at 18, 355/175....175. No way Thomas is ahead of Smith.

Peterson is the 12th ranked RB, so who would he replace?

Avante
08-19-2018, 02:37 AM
Megatron going first ballot into HOF, son. He cut his career short cos he had nothing more to prove on a mediocre team. Retiring with his health was more important than 4,000 more receiving yards to make a bean counter's lists.

How old are you son?

I don't think you get it. Johnson doesn't have HOF numbers. Like I said he is way down there on all the lists.

Spurtacular
08-19-2018, 02:39 AM
I have Sanders at two and can see a legit debate. He was amazing. I lean towards Brown because he took more of a toil on the defense, he beat them up.

Thomas had 12,074 yards and 88 TDs. Smith at 18, 355/175....175. No way Thomas is ahead of Smith.

Peterson is the 12th ranked RB, so who would he replace?

I don't care about longevity too much. Anyone can stat pad. Sanders would've crushed all the ypc records with a real offensive line or on a real offense. He could've average 7 or 8 ypc if you switched him out with E Smith. Thurman was the heart of an offense that went to four straight Super Bowls and really should've won a couple of them.

Avante
08-19-2018, 02:48 AM
I don't care about longevity too much. Anyone can stat pad. Sanders would've crushed all the ypc records with a real offensive line or on a real offense. He could've average 7 or 8 ypc if you switched him out with E Smith. Thurman was the heart of an offense that went to four straight Super Bowls and really should've won a couple of them.

It's never been about....could've....would've...it's about what was actually done. Every RB plays better with a studs line.

Like I mentioned Thomas simply doesn't have the numbers to come close to Smith. What might have been means ....0. Emmitt is second all time with 175 TD's only Rice has more, this is HUGE.

Longevity is a real big deal in all sports. Talk to me about Joe Delaney, Mack "The Truck" Lee Hill, John Jefferson.

FrostKing
08-19-2018, 02:51 AM
Based on numbers in 8 year span

Carter, Holt, Harrison, Fitzgerald were better
Owens similiar and gets bump up because of Playoff performances
Andre Johnson surprisingly not too far off Calvin's numbers
Antonio Brown on pace to overtake Johnson too

Andre Rison and Sterling Sharpe forgotten

Avante
08-19-2018, 02:55 AM

Derrick Mason is no HOFer yet he has more recerptions/yards than Johnson.

FrostKing
08-19-2018, 02:58 AM
Derrick Mason is no HOFer yet he has more recerptions/yards than Johnson.
8 year span

Average: 85 catches, 1057 yards and 5.3 TDs

The catches could be HOF worthy but yards and TDs is too minimal

Avante
08-19-2018, 03:02 AM
[QUOTE=FrostKing;9513640]8 year span

Average: 85 catches, 1057 yards and 5.3 TDs

The catches could be HOF worthy but yards and TDs is too minimal[/QUOTE

There are just too many who accomplished more than Mason/Johnson who belong there first.

Spurtacular
08-19-2018, 03:19 AM

Andre Rison and Sterling Sharpe forgotten

Pretty much all of them played in better offenses, no?

Spurtacular
08-19-2018, 03:21 AM
It's never been about....could've....would've...it's about what was actually done. Every RB plays better with a studs line.

Like I mentioned Thomas simply doesn't have the numbers to come close to Smith. What might have been means ....0. Emmitt is second all time with 175 TD's only Rice has more, this is HUGE.

Longevity is a real big deal in all sports. Talk to me about Joe Delaney, Mack "The Truck" Lee Hill, John Jefferson.

Glorified bean counting, son. Prime vs. prime and considering all the factors is where the real debate is.

Avante
08-19-2018, 03:30 AM
Glorified bean counting, son. Prime vs. prime and considering all the factors is where the real debate is.

100% wrong son.

It's all about that bottom line, what was actually accomplished, the real numbers. Nobody cares about....but what if...imagine if....could have....would have. All that really matters is what was actually accomplished.

No player in the history of the game ever dominared his position like Don Hutson did. Nobody cares what he couldn't do today, that means nothing.

Avante
08-19-2018, 11:57 PM
The All Time HBCU/NFL

QB...Steve McNair Alcorn
RB...Walter Payton Jackson St
RB...Leroy Kelly Morgan St
WR..Jerry Rice MVS
WR..,Bob Hayes FAMU
TE...Shannon Sharpe Savannah St

All but McNair in the HOF

Avante
08-23-2018, 03:23 PM
Imagine being so great it only took you six seasons to be a Hall of Famer.

Gale Sayers.

Spurtacular
08-24-2018, 01:31 PM
Barry best ever; and it's not close.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24440133/the-untold-stories-barry-sanders-record-setting-1988-season

Avante
08-24-2018, 04:29 PM
Barry best ever; and it's not close.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24440133/the-untold-stories-barry-sanders-record-setting-1988-season

You're showing your age, ah....lack of it.

No RB in history ever dominated their era like Jim Brown did. That is how these things are done...DOMINANCE OF ERA.

Barry Sanders was amazing, fantastic,sensational, but........he wasn't as dominate as Jim Brown.

And...

If you have ever played defense then you know what a big RB can do to you. Yep, they will wear you down which opens up everything else they want to do. That wasn't Barry Sanders, that was Jim Brown.

spurraider21
08-24-2018, 05:07 PM
jim brown was great at running over 240 pound defensive linemen

Spurtacular
08-24-2018, 06:02 PM
You're showing your age, ah....lack of it.

No RB in history ever dominated their era like Jim Brown did. That is how these things are done...DOMINANCE OF ERA.

Barry Sanders was amazing, fantastic,sensational, but........he wasn't as dominate as Jim Brown.

And...

If you have ever played defense then you know what a big RB can do to you. Yep, they will wear you down which opens up everything else they want to do. That wasn't Barry Sanders, that was Jim Brown.

The college teams Barry was rushing against were better than the weak pro teams Jim Brown played against.

Avante
08-24-2018, 06:15 PM
jim brown was great at running over 240 pound defensive linemen

You know the game, you know how it works. How many of these 300 pounders would be 300 pounders in the 60's?

But....Bullet Bob Hayes would STILL be the fastest player in the NFL.

Avante
08-24-2018, 06:19 PM
The college teams Barry was rushing against were better than the weak pro teams Jim Brown played against.

You really have no clue how any of this actually works do ya?

Jesse Owens is an American sports icon, a legend. There are HS kids out there right now running far faster than Owens did in his era that nobody will ever hear about.

ERA....ERA....ERA....ERA...ERA....ok?

The below is from THE GREATEST WR EVER

2. Don Hutson Green Bay Packers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/greenbaypackers/profile?team=GB) (1935-1945)
Rice is often thought of as the top player in all of NFL history, but Don Hutson held that honor for the league's first 50 years. He, Sammy Baugh and Otto Graham were in the conversation for that prize then. Hutson's NFL record of 99 career receiving touchdowns was not surpassed until 40 years after he retired. When he hung 'em up in the mid-1940s, he had posted nearly twice as many receptions as the next closest player. The one criticism of Hutson is that he played when African-American players were not in the league. You can't blame someone for who they competed against. ... We don't knock Babe Ruth for this when talking about the best baseball players of all time.

Avante
08-24-2018, 06:30 PM
Don Hutson ran the 100 in 9.8 (yards) I doubt Jordy Nelson (Kansas State 100 champ) ran faster. So he could play today but no way he puts up the numbers he did, obviously.

Jim Brown was 6-2 230 with 4.5 speed, that is right there with anyone playing today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cqsIedJew4

Avante
08-24-2018, 07:38 PM
You cannot talk THE GOAT and QB's without Joe Montana in that discussion. The fact there is noway in hell he could do what he did in his era today and everybody gets that, yep,....so what.

FrostKing
08-25-2018, 03:33 AM
QB: Brad Johnson
RB: Warrick Dunn
FB: William Floyd
WR1: Fred Biletnikoff
WR2: Randy Moss
WR3: Laveranues Coles
TE: Nick O'Leary

Avante
08-25-2018, 03:42 AM
QB: Brad Johnson
RB: Warrick Dunn
FB: William Floyd
WR1: Fred Biletnikoff
WR2: Randy Moss
WR3: Laveranues Coles
TE: Nick O'Leary

Huh???

How about the All Time Cal/NFL team?

QB,,,Aaron Rodgers
RB...,Marshawn Lynch
RB...,Chuck Muncie
Wr...Wesley Walker......actually faster than Jackson***
WR...Desuen Jackson
TE...Tony Gonzalez

*** legally blind in one eye

Avante
08-25-2018, 03:50 AM
The All Time AFL

QB....Joe Namath Jets
RB.....Cookie Gilchrist Bills
RB.....Paul Lowe Chargers
WR....Lance Allworth Chargers
WR....Don Maynard Jets
TE.....Dave Casper Raiders

Second team

Len Dawson Chiefs
Abner Haynes Cihiefs
Clem Daniels Raiders
Otis Taylor Chiefs
Charley Hennigan Oilers
Fred Arbanas Chiefs

Spurtacular
08-27-2018, 06:35 AM
Don Hutson ran the 100 in 9.8 (yards) I doubt Jordy Nelson (Kansas State 100 champ) ran faster. So he could play today but no way he puts up the numbers he did, obviously.

Jim Brown was 6-2 230 with 4.5 speed, that is right there with anyone playing today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cqsIedJew4

When you look at those runs, they all would've been stuffed at the line of scrimmage in today's game. Jim Brown was a product of his era; he's not an all-time great.

Avante
08-27-2018, 07:04 AM
When you look at those runs, they all would've been stuffed at the line of scrimmage in today's game. Jim Brown was a product of his era; he's not an all-time great.

I have a challenge for ya. Find me something or anyone out there in cyper space that agrees with you. You cannot find anything anywhere talking RB 's where Jim Brown isn't number one. And if you find something where he isn't number one he will be number two.

Come on, prove that Jim Brown isn't the best RB ever.

I could totaly overwelm you with TONS and TONS of stuff showing you just how wrong you really are.

Just one of a TON

Belichick explained his decision on Monday.

“Well, I think honestly any person, football player or otherwise, can learn a lot from Jim Brown and what he represents and what he stands for,” Belichick said. “But particularly as it relates to our football team, Jim Brown's in my opinion the greatest player that ever played.

“I've had an opportunity to have known him Jim for over 20 years now. I met him when I was the coach at the Browns and just had so much more respect and appreciation for him knowing him well as a person and as a friend, even just as an observer from a distance, but I think he's meant so much to this game. He's paved the way for all of us; players and coaches. [He's] part of many people who have made professional football, the game of football, the great game that it is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's see we have Bill Belichick who many consider the best coach ever calling Jim Brown not just the greatest RB ever but the best player. Then we have you....hmmm?

How about?

Jim Brown called 'best player that ever lived' by Marcus Allen during 80th birthday special

James Nathaniel Brown (born February 17, 1936) is a former professional American football (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_football) player and actor. He was a running back (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_back) for the Cleveland Browns (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Browns) of the National Football League (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League) (NFL) from 1957 through 1965.******* Considered to be the greatest football player of all time*******,[1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Brown#cite_note-1) Brown was a Pro Bowl (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Bowl) invitee every season he was in the league, was recognized as the AP NFL Most Valuable Player (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AP_NFL_Most_Valuable_Player) three times, and won an NFL championship (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_championship) with the Browns in 1964. He led the league in rushing yards in eight out of his nine seasons, and by the time he retired, he had shattered most major rushing records. In 2002, he was named by The Sporting News (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sporting_News)******** as the greatest professional football player ever.[2]*************

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Brown#cite_note-TSN-2)

Avante
08-27-2018, 07:57 AM
Spurtacular

You don't appear to understand how any of this stuff works. It's never ever going be about how athletes from other era would fare today, it simply doesn't work like that at all...ok? It's always going to be about dominance of era. Nobody ever was more dominate running the ball than Jim Brown was in his era. That is how everybody does this "Greatest of All Time" thing. That is the only way it can be done, IF IF IF...talking all time.

There is one exception to that however, that would be Bullet Bob Hayes. His 10.06 on Tokyo dirt some 55ish years ago is the fastest 100m ever ran by anyone who ever played pro football. Superior to Hollidays 10.00.

There is no end to this.

Jim Brown Was The Greatest Football AND Lacrosse Player EverPosted on August 16, 2017 by gritt (http://www.nbcsportsradio.com/author/gritt/) •
You know Jim Brown as the man many consider to be the greatest football player in the history of the sport. But many aren’t aware he’s also considered that same title in the sport of lacrosse, having been a First-Team Lacrosse All-American at Syracuse before his NFL days. The Hall of Famer joined Newy to talk about a passion project documentary of his called “Spirit Game: Pride of a Nation.”

spurraider21
08-27-2018, 10:21 AM
Lol quidditch

Avante
08-27-2018, 10:07 PM
Go anywhere out there that talks about the great QB's, you will read about Otto Graham, Fran Tarkenton, John Unitas........why?

FrostKing
08-28-2018, 01:29 PM
Avante's black supremacist world turned upside down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSPX1dcQni4

Avante
08-28-2018, 01:41 PM
No not really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTv_oE-3fls

The list of great black kick returners in a mile long. Go ahead give me five stud white return men.

Tell ya what. For ever white stud kick returner you can give me I'll give ya five black ones.

Avante
09-11-2018, 03:38 AM
The All Time NFL 200m

lane

1.Jerome Mathis...Texans/Hampton
2.Henry Carr...Giants/ASU...WR /Oly gpld
3.Bob Hayes,,,Cowboys/FAMU WR
4.Tyreek Hill...Chiefs/Okie St
5.James Jett...Raiders/WV
6.Michael Bates...Seahawks/Arizona...Olympian
7.James Trapp...Raiders/Clemson
8.Larry Burton...Saints/Purdue...Olympian

Will ignore Olympians Stone Johnson, Frank Budd, Ray Norton, Tommie Smith......they did..0.

Avante
09-13-2018, 01:25 AM
https://www.footballcardgallery.com/1963_Fleer/23/Cookie_Gilchrist.jpg

One of my prized possessions, A 250 pound fullback in the early 60's, the old AFL's first 1000 yard rusher.

Avante
09-13-2018, 01:31 AM
https://img.comc.com/i/Football/1961/Fleer---Base/136/Elbert-Dubenion.jpg?id=8d4f3b0c-0ed2-4050-9a4d-460325acd521&size=biggerthumb

Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion out of Blufton (what?) he was considered the fastest man in the old AFL. Yep, own it.

Avante
09-13-2018, 01:37 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bb/b9/1a/bbb91ad32cd526168b9770f2c5ceedcc.jpg

Another 250 fullback from the early 60's, love this card. Love that...grrrrrrrr.

I'm thinking he and Gilchrist ended up on the Dolphins together.