PDA

View Full Version : Brad Lidge SUX!

KEDA
10-23-2005, 10:29 PM
Put the pitching machine out there, save payroll.

What a toe.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-23-2005, 10:31 PM
Mark Wohlers, Rick Ankiel...Brad Lidge?

Duff McCartney
10-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Rick Ankiel

I dunno about that...Ankiel had a total meltdown. He couldn't even put the ball in the catchers glove.

Horry For 3!
10-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Podsednik, who only has 1 HR all season (which was in the playoffs) gets his 2nd HR of the season for the win? thats fucked up :bang

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-23-2005, 10:33 PM
I dunno about that...Ankiel had a total meltdown. He couldn't even put the ball in the catchers glove.

I'm talking post-season meltdowns.

KEDA
10-23-2005, 10:34 PM
jesus

what a suckass

damn

mavsfan1000
10-23-2005, 10:34 PM
Lidge is the ultimate choker.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Lidge is the ultimate choker.

Overexaggerate much?

King
10-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Mark Wohlers and Rick Ankiel just got crazy. Brad Lidge is just putting them in bad spots.

I'd put him with B.K. Kim (if he can't recover).

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-23-2005, 10:38 PM
Finally looking at the replay, though, I didn't think it was that bad of a pitch.

Podsednik said he was sitting on the fastball and Lidge was trying to get ahead in the count.

I think it was more a timely swing than a bad pitch.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-23-2005, 10:39 PM
That was a pretty horrible closing performance.

3rdCoast
10-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Sense
10-24-2005, 01:39 AM
Lidge is totally awesome...

T Park
10-24-2005, 01:43 AM
If you Astros fans don't want him, us Cards fans will take him, so we can jettison the 12 million owed to Isringhausen next year to sign a couple outfielders.

Jimcs50
10-24-2005, 07:57 AM
A 95 mph fastball that gets hit out of the park is all on the batter, not the pitcher.

It was a 2-1 pitch, he had to get a called strike or a swing and a miss..it was the correct pitch. Lidge has made a reputation out of blowing that 95 mph heat right by batters....it was just a great at bat.

Lidge is still a great closer.

Spurminator
10-24-2005, 08:38 AM
This loss was on Dan Wheeler...

I've got to wonder if the cold weather is affecting Houston's pitchers.

Jimcs50
10-24-2005, 09:03 AM

Fuck an A.

This is an indoor team.

Have you tried to throw a ball or hit a ball in 40 degree weather when it is raining?

It will be a whole new story next game.

TheTruth
10-24-2005, 09:21 AM
The Weather? The Umps?

The sox were playing in the same conditions.

Pick and excuse and stick to it guys.

Spurminator
10-24-2005, 10:06 AM
The Weather? The Umps?

The sox were playing in the same conditions.

How about you pick a dick and suck it?

Nobody said it didn't affect the Sox pitchers. It's just interesting that a dominant bullpen would look so lousy all of a sudden. Maybe it's the pressure of the big game, or is that an excuse too? What isn't an excuse?

Duff McCartney
10-24-2005, 10:52 AM

I kept wondering when they were gonna call it a game. I was waiting for the umps to suspend the game because of the rain for a while.

TheTruth
10-24-2005, 11:13 AM
How about you pick a dick and suck it?

Nobody said it didn't affect the Sox pitchers. It's just interesting that a dominant bullpen would look so lousy all of a sudden. Maybe it's the pressure of the big game, or is that an excuse too? What isn't an excuse?
We lost both games on the road to a team that played better.

Spurminator
10-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Well, shit I guess all analysis is pointless then.

Should Bagwell have been DH? Who cares, the Sox were the better team.

Should Biggio have caught that pop fly? Who cares, the Sox were the better team.

Does Houston need to consider trying to steal more bases on AJ Pierzynski? Who cares, the Sox were the better team.

Could Pettitte have pitched another inning? Who cares, the Sox were the better team.

Marcus Bryant
10-24-2005, 11:43 AM

Should Biggio have caught that pop fly? Who cares, the Sox were the better team.

Does Houston need to consider trying to steal more bases on AJ Pierzynski? Who cares, the Sox were the better team.

Could Pettitte have pitched another inning? Who cares, the Sox were the better team.

Exactly. They are down but I'm not convinced they are anywhere close to being out. The 'stros mindfucked Jenks pretty good last night. The Sox's supposedly great starter gave up 4 runs.

Yeah, the pressure's on the stros, no doubt. If the Sox get 2 in Houston, then props to them, but I have a suspicion this series is going at least 6.

Jimcs50
10-24-2005, 11:46 AM

Call Joe Morgan and tell him he is no longer needed on ESPN radio telecast of the WS in games 3-7 then...since it is all so pointless....right, Spurm?

Spurminator
10-24-2005, 11:46 AM
The Astros have played catch-up all year. The Sox had the division basically won in August but didn't make it official until the last weekend of the season. This may be where the Astros are most comfortable.

Not that I'm being optimistic or anything.

Marcus Bryant
10-24-2005, 12:07 PM
The Astros have played catch-up all year. The Sox had the division basically won in August but didn't make it official until the last weekend of the season. This may be where the Astros are most comfortable.

Not that I'm being optimistic or anything.

Well, it's not like the 'stros were not in either game late. I'd feel different if they hadn't been able to get much offense in Chicago but they put up 9 runs in 2 games on the supposedly great Sox pitching staff and got Big Fatty to blow a save.

In addition, the 'stros lost their starting pitcher after the 2nd inning in Game 1.

In a hole? Yes. Dominated? Nope.

TheTruth
10-24-2005, 12:30 PM

analysis is different than blaming the cold/umpires.

Marcus Bryant
10-24-2005, 12:32 PM
analysis is different than blaming the cold/umpires.

Agree on the umps, but seeing as how the next 2, at least, games will be played in a different climate, temperature is a factor worthy of discussion.

Spurminator
10-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Depends on what you're blaming temperature for. The loss? That's an excuse. Unusually bad pitching? That's reality.

Marcus Bryant
10-24-2005, 12:55 PM
The way I see it, the weather had a negative impact on both pitching staffs. The positive angle for the 'stros in that is that theirs sucked worse in the cold and rain. There was also the fact that they lost their starter in Game 1 after the 2nd inning.

TheTruth
10-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Its not like the White Sox play an unusual amount of cold weather games every year. They still play most of their games during the summer, and half of their games on the road. The weather is a very weak "excuse".

Spurminator
10-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Who said anything about it not affecting Sox pitchers?

You need to quit reading more into things than what is said.

Did or did not the Astros bullpen pitch abnormally poor in Game 2?

TheTruth
10-24-2005, 01:35 PM
So they never blew a single game in warm weather?
Was it cold and rainy during game 5 of the cards series?

Spurminator
10-24-2005, 01:46 PM
I have never seen Qualls, Wheeler and Lidge all get knocked around in one game, no. Add Jenks and Buehrle to that mix as well. That's not an isolated incident.

Marcus Bryant
10-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Yeah, it wasn't just Lidge in Game 2 who fucked up.

I don't see how anyone can act like the change in weather is not a factor. The question is who will benefit more from the change in venue.

Spurs košarka kultura
10-24-2005, 05:02 PM

Dye was not hit by that pitch.

atlfan25
10-24-2005, 07:37 PM
The question is who will benefit more from the change in venue.
Roger Clemens.

His hammy will love Houston much more than that cold shit.

slayermin
10-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Lidge is in. I can't watch. And I'm not even an Astros fan.

Horry For 3!
10-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Lidge is in. I can't watch. And I'm not even an Astros fan.
Lidge won't fuck up tonight.